I got this after a bunch of my University friends signed up for it. I have never played an MMO before in my life

I got this after a bunch of my University friends signed up for it. I have never played an MMO before in my life.
What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c755d756aece79cc9707f5444ad0980ac2b5a39c
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c244625b50b0208675f0a1f7baf9ac67543943ad
bluegartr.com/threads/82469-2009-Square-Enix-Annual-Finacial-Rport-(500K-FFXI-Accounts)
bluegartr.com/threads/57973-FFXI-4-in-number-of-subscribers-for-MMOs
mmodata.blogspot.com/
andriasang.com/con1mt/ffxi_profits/
square-enix.com/eng/pdf/ar/20090821_01.pdf
drive.google.com/file/d/0B-deyjtfLXZZenFtcDVPNFZCaEk/view
ign.com/boards/threads/final-fantasy-11-hits-two-million-active-users.179551739/
forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/222733/ffxi-vanadiel-census-a-consistent-500-000-pop
reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/52rlhr/it_seems_that_ffxiv_has_an_enormous_and_healthy/?st=itgvqmad&sh=e157ab3e
pastebin.com/rP45UBvt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So I play this game with my girlfriend right (she's a healer I'm a tank) and she's usually doing things like playing with my feet or touching my back while we do stuff so she doesn't have much time to 'deepees'. I can't tell you the number of times I've had fucking hairy sweaty nerdfucks try and tell my girlfriend how to play. I tell them she's doing her job and if they don't like it they can leave (she doesn't write too well otherwise she'd tell them off herself lol).

If that doesn't shut them up her favorite thing to do is link them her completed relic weapon. Then before we finish the dungeon I go all, “Later losers me and my gf are gonna go erp irl lol”. I could taste the asspain.

>trying this hard to b8

here's your (You)

a game

she doesnt have to dps if she doesnt want to, shes a healer after all. you take it a bit too far though.

You're in for an okayish story plagued by lots of fetch quests early on, then later it finally gets its shit together and delivers a really good plot with less fetch quests. It takes way too long to get to the good part, but once you're there it's bretty gud.

Boredom

>Hey AST, have ALL the buffs

the fucking madman

>stronger heals in general now
>enhanced benefic changed to be useful, 15% chance to make your next benefic II a guaranteed crit heal
>Nocturnal Benefic shields stronger than Adlo
>up to a 30% damage buff on one character for 45 seconds
>can redraw on every draw

AST/SCH seems like the go to deal now

I don't think you'll really need the insane amount of raw healing with AST/WHM but my static leader thinks the opposite.

>my friend started leveling Astro a couple of weeks ago
>really enjoying it, probably going to make it her main
>tfw I have a pocket Astro feeding me all their Balances on my BLM now
>these buffs

You mean AST/AST.

>Adlo is 300 potency
>with the Nocturnal sect boost, Enhanced Benefic is technically 275 potency
>but it shields for 170% of what it heals guaranteed, AND it's instant cast

this is fucking stupid

You get limit break speed nerfed if you double up on the same job and Scholar's sustained DPS thanks to non-accuracy based dots and fairy means they're still the best off healer.

No you don't, they got rid of that too.

AND healer LB3 removes weakness debuff on top of it

It's hard to describe MMOs to non MMO players. Basically just a single player RPG where there are other people around you. It's best you play the game and get an impression of how MMOs are yourself.

With FFXIV, try to read the quest text and watch the cutscenes since the story is quite decent in the game. Just follow the main story quests.

AST/AST has decreased LB charge time and card buffs override eachother
Sch still has Indom a super powerful instant aoe heal, fairies, deployment tactics for big hits and constant DPS

It's fun if you're new to the game. After you spend some time in the endgame, unless you get into raiding, there is nothing interesting to do (unless braindead content is interesting to you)

Nah that's still in.

From na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c755d756aece79cc9707f5444ad0980ac2b5a39c

>Dungeons and trials requiring a full party to register via the Duty Finder:
>The Limit Break Gauge will fill more slowly under the following conditions:

Three or more party members are playing as tanks.
Five or more party members are playing as DPS.
Three or more party members are playing as healers.
>Two or more party members are playing the same class or job.

Actually its just a hard lock now:

>Alexander (Savage) can only be accessed via the Raid Finder.
>Item level restrictions do not apply when registering as a full party.

>Level Requirement
>Disciple of War or Magic level 60
>(Two or more of the same job is not permitted)

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c244625b50b0208675f0a1f7baf9ac67543943ad

>They knew the new meta would be AST/AST

Hahahaha

Is DRK any good yet or is WAR still king?

DRK is okay, WAR still king, PLD still on suicide watch.

B-but they increased the potency on Sword Oath from 50 to 75!

>45-50 second Enhanced Balance increases their damage by 30%, more than any other buff in the game, that's not even considering those buffs stacked on top
>35 second Spread Balance is a 10% boost for the entire party, which means it's a Trick Attack for that fucking long

I give it until 3.41 until they're nerfed hard

Diurnal wasn't changed so the natural issue of AST being unable to top off people quickly in aoe damage situations is still there. Noct is more viable but AST is still the healer who needs to spend the most gcds to heal up the party. Compare to SCH who has Eos/indom/lustrate. WHM who has Tetra/assize/cure 3. SCH/WHM pairs have traditionally had hundreds of dps more than any healer pair with an AST because their heals are much more efficient in terms of ogcds.

While a 40 second Balance on the entire party is definitely good for shorter pulls and shorter fights in general, it's still roughly the same impact as TA over the course of a 3+ minute fight or so. Which is to say, around 1.66% uptime for current raids is around 200 dps. 200 dps is about what WHM/SCH pairs do over X/AST pairs, due to the increased babysitting the other healer needs to do. As well as AST's lower damage in general not counting AoE situations.

Ofc, all this means is that AST is simply viable now after countless buffs. They also have the potential to exceed the typical WHM/SCH combo if they get lucky with RNG. Which puts them in a good place. But they're not going to outright replace WHM or SCH.

DRK is bad? I'm rushing through the main quest line so I can be an edgelord

Do PLDfags expect a class rework. There's nothing that bad about PLD. Their damage output is probably better than DR's now despite DRK being a fucking cunt to manage in raid if you're trying to push numbers.

DRK is okay. They fill a tank niche (tanking magic damage) and are great offtanks.

Unlike the other two (esp WAR), their TP costs are basically nonexistent and their gameplay comes more about maintaining MP, which on its own is easy as fuck unless you consider Dark arts.

They're not bad at all. Warrior is just obscenely broken.

Now that high end raiding enforces no more doubling up on jobs there's no reason not to play one.

Just avoid Paladin for anything except getting the necessary cross class skills like Provoke.

So are there any skills I should absolutely get besides provoke before I become a DRK?

Convalescence (GLA 10), Bloodbath (MRD 8), Mercy Stroke (MRD 26), Awareness (PLD 34)

From GLD: Covalesence, Provoke
From MRD: Foresight, Bloodbath

the last is whatever. Mercy Stroke I guess

Thanks

A shadow of former MMOs

They're 'former' MMOs because they sucked.

No content.

I greatly prefer PLDs to DRKs. I have all 3 tanks leveled, and I feel that DRK is just a very clunky class. I just don't think the difficulty of reacting to unforeseen circumstances outweighs the ~50 dps it brings to the table.

I just wish they'd give us something fun to fuck around with on PLD for a change, I'm not asking for buffs like AST got but something to help our AoE situation out a little would be nice. One idea I heard from an user that I liked was making Shield Swipe a frontal cleave (but only still applying Pacification to your primary target) to kinda spread the damage around a bit.

A bunch of lies and clusterfuck.
It's mostly a lobby game, not actual MMO.
They say they have 5 million players, they are 5 million accounts, not active players. Last census they found less than 280k active characters across all servers (note: characters, not actual accounts)
Probably safe to say its the epitome of everything that's wrong with MMOs.
.3 tickrate servers (seriously, if they increased this to something like 15 or 25 would be bearable)
And pic related, this is the current playerbase.
Also, tanks are the most pointless class in the game, except for few boss fights.

>Everything wrong with MMOs
>Second most popular

lol

What servers are everyone playing at?

Faerie

Go to bed nep

leviathan

>second most popular
>popular
>with only 250k active characters
>never hits more than 600 viewers on Twitch unless there's a sponsored stream by some meme streamer and they always promptly drop it a day later or even on the same day
>even TESO, TOR, TERA, GW2, BnS, etc have more active characters

Delusion.

This is disturbing.
But whats more disturbing?

The fact someone did all this research and followed this person around the game and internet to make this.

Player might be a freak, but at least he keeps it to himself.

Kill yourself Cherie.

Guess what else is popular. LoL. Great game, huh?

If only old, cd-less shield swipe had that effect. The burst from popping bulwark in a huge dungeon pull would have been insane.

whoops, meant to reply to

Cred Forums is spread out, there is no single server that most of us are on

Ultros has the largest Cred Forums pop

I thought Ultros was confirmed dead Cred Forums-wise

Opposite of the truth. Golden Ratio is a Cred Forums FC. Alive and well.

>What am I in for?
Play it and find out, fuck.

There's your answer

Reminder to never play with Cred Forums, /vg/, Cred Forums, reddit, or neofag FC's.

Don't even join a FC, just play solo.

>Don't even join a FC, just play solo.

how to not have any fun at all

For the time I played, I had a shit-ton more fun solo (or duo with a good friend that played) than I did when I bothered joining an FC. Drama, schedules, other assorted horseshit.

Poor man's WoW

this is possibly the lowest-quality bait shitpost i've ever seen, it's OF-tier

in fact it might be copy-pasted FROM the OF, which would be dangerously meta territory. watch yourself, motherfucker.

So is ast actually good now with the coming patch?

>It's a OP pretends to be oblivious to start a FFXIV thread episode

>f2p has more players than p2p

mazing

That's how we get our Cred Forums generals started

>2 hours ago
>only 29 IPs

Nice dead thread to go with your dead MMO.

Is it possible to get into MMOs years after they have been released?

There is too high of an entry barrier for new players if you haven't been playing through all the updates and expacs, it's like trying to jump onto a speeding train.

>P2P MMO with 6 million accounts
>only retains 250k of them

Sublime.

Oh gee F2P games have more botters, amazing.

>implying implications
That being said, I want to start this game but I feel so overwhelmed. Like, on the character creation screen I can only pick from like Lancer or Pugilist or whatever. Can I be a healer or change jobs? Is a Lancer any good? MMO's are really overwhelming.

So does this game, what's your point?

The great thing about FFXIV is that you can be EVERY class; if you get bored/don't like a class, you can do a class quest and start leveling up another one

Play blind

This game also has MORE botters huh? Gee you sure talk good.

Wow really? That's honestly pretty cool. So I could be a tank and then become a healer at will? Does growing in one class affect my stat growth at all? Will I be fucked if I run DPS and then switch over to shit like magic users?

Yeah just pick whatever, you can change jobs back and forth anytime you want, if you are feeling insecure about dungeon runs with other people just ask your FC or create a party finder asking for help for a newbie, those get filled in pretty fast

No, with ONE exception (Scholar/Summoner), but there is a stat reset thing you can buy.

Every other class has its own attributes since they have their own levels.

Stat growth is hard-locked to each class except Arcanist, so you'll be fine

>This game also has MORE botters

It has a lot of botters, yes, most which go unpunished.

Interesting. How many classes are there exactly? I assume Tank, DPS, Wizard, Healer and Support are all there?

So, what are you cunts doing while waiting for 3.4?

>tfw play on jp servers
>tfw no RMT spam

My static quit, so nothing.

Because there's nothing to do outside of raiding.

3 Tanks
3 Healers
7 DPS
There are no definitive support classes

>1 year after expansion hype
>250 active, 500k subs, 6 mil accounts

Turns out people stop playing a game after a while. Name any MP game that's b2p that has good retention.

Active players means people who do the last story quest, so bots are irrelevant anyways outside of sub numbers.

>play on jp servers
>progression
>no RMT
>friendlyness
>but you dont understand what everyone is saying

Auto translate only gets you so far.

FFXI retained its 550k subs for 8 fucking years.

About to finish gearing up my crafters, then maken some gil for and level up AST

Is there any actual proof to those claims? Like proper sub figures or a scrape to show numbers? The chart simply looks like "we have no data, so might aswell carry the same figure from before until new data surfaces,"

My MSQ so I can actually get to post HW content

>>but you dont understand what everyone is saying
What is Tonberry and Masamune?

what is rmt?

MSQ so I can get to HW

Official Shitposting servers.

Retarded Miqote Trannies

Ah, so Balmung players.

Did they buff Paladin yet?

It actually really means real money transactions but both are annoying so they may as well mean the same thing when referring to RMT

lol

bluegartr.com/threads/82469-2009-Square-Enix-Annual-Finacial-Rport-(500K-FFXI-Accounts)
bluegartr.com/threads/57973-FFXI-4-in-number-of-subscribers-for-MMOs
mmodata.blogspot.com/
andriasang.com/con1mt/ffxi_profits/

Inb4 it doesn't count.

Real Money Traders. The guys that spam your chat looking to sell you the in game currency. Which is actually cheap and you can feel rich for 5 bucks, I recommend it.

You have glamoured your outfit to a slutty one right user?

What are chances of getting banned?

game is dead

250k active characters, not accounts

What's the active player count?

Zero.

Game had 198k "active players" a month before 3.2

Fuck no.
But kind of.

Delete this and buy a fucking Bennu.

Cool. Any recommendations or just go for the first tell I see?

>active players
active characters, rather

>Giving your credit-card information to Russians/Chinks.

3.1 was the worst update in mmorpg history

I mainly play the magic classes.

Healers are for slutting it up. Caster I keep it tasteful.

>3.1 was the worst update in mmorpg history
I take it you never played WoW?

>People still think AST hasn't already replaced WHM.

Shut up Yewish-P!

A lot lower now and I can't recommend it unless you have a few bros to play with. Old areas feel so empty. Coming back after a long time is like going back home and realizing that your whole town is deserted.

Yet by the definition used by these census websites for "active characters," the count is higher or about the same now than it was back then.

Around 500k active subs before Abyssea.

square-enix.com/eng/pdf/ar/20090821_01.pdf

Why do you post a chart you cannot even understand?

Yes in a game where you can level everything on one character. Compared to WoW where you make and level several characters on the reg.

>Mandragora choker
The Ahriman one would better fit a voidsent slut like you.

You can't read numbers?

Unless you are some kind of retard that makes public the fact that he uses RMT, 0.
Open your launcher, there were "anti RMT measures" recently.
Time Period: Sep. 8, 2016 to Sep. 21, 2016

・Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT advertising: 2331
・Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT/illicit activity: 9858
・Action Details: Permanent ban from FINAL FANTASY XIV

・Accounts receiving disciplinary action for participation in RMT/illegal activity: 4
・Action Details: Temporary ban from FINAL FANTASY XIV

Which means that 2331 spammers, 9858 bots and 4 dumb as fuck players got banned, note that these 4 autistics got temporary ban and not permaban,

I can, but you clearly do not understand what the numbers mean.

I wonder were the "healslut" thing even came from, nearly all healers likes to wear slutty outfits. Not that I mind but it's just a little funny.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B-deyjtfLXZZenFtcDVPNFZCaEk/view

This is the most recent one, in English.

That's subs. I want active players.

Healslut is a ffxiv/balmung/tumblr thing.

FFXIV has the worst community of all mmorpgs. Toxic, full of retards, sjw and microaggression fags.

ign.com/boards/threads/final-fantasy-11-hits-two-million-active-users.179551739/
forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/222733/ffxi-vanadiel-census-a-consistent-500-000-pop

There you go.

>I can, but you clearly do not understand what the numbers mean.

How so? The line at the bottom represents "active players," as in people who received the minion from the 3.1 story as of January 2016, one month before 3.2

Smug lala's became a thing

Weeb LGBT Hetero hating trailer PS3 playing trash saying NOTICE ME SENPAI every 10 seconds everywhere.

Did the BLM /vpose not already make you smug?

Yes, but a smug lala is the worst, they're usually the most condescending players.

Truth

THIS!!!

>Hello, I post my assumptions as facts
Healslut is not related to any game specifically, its just a MMO thing. It all began with that one comic with 'how healers actually are in MMO', it made its way to Cred Forums where Cred Forums just went full gay over it because why the fuck not. I believe pic related is from the original threads.

Remember to pet your fellow catwaifus!

Post your best ffxiv drama

This is the sprout ahriana/ifrit:
ifritswife.tumblr.com

Go back to your containment board.

XIV 2.0 was release back in 2013 newfag

>Hi again, Im retarded.
Where did I say XIV didnt exist back then or something? I said, the healslut thing origins are from MMO in general, Cred Forums shitposting as always. It doesnt come from WoW/XIV/Tera etc etc, it comes from Cred Forums making fun of MMO healers. I hope that was clear enough for you to understand.

>Two or more of the same job is not permitted

"PLAY THE GAME THE WAY WE TELL YOU TO OR GET OUT"

What's this tumblr supposed to show me?

It was inventend from some ultros /vg/ fags back in 2013

you can still do those in premades dummy
you just can't get duplicate jobs in duty finder

>Fishing
>When there's only 13 fish for the aquarium

May as well just end yourself my man

Yup

Doesn't include KR/Chinese numbers also. From what I've seen online, they enjoy the fact that it's not a money draining p2w shitstorm (BnS), but at the same time they're also used to paying for advantages. There's apparently a pay 2 level 50 option as well which predictably shits up DF even more.

Share your Dutyfinder stories

>Go into dungeon
>Tank can't keep aggro
>Healer doesn't DPS
>DPS are shit

Go and enjoy your tumblr mmorpg.

reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/52rlhr/it_seems_that_ffxiv_has_an_enormous_and_healthy/?st=itgvqmad&sh=e157ab3e

So which one were you?

Oh Balmung, you're hard to love but you're harder to hate.

>From what I've seen online, they enjoy the fact that it's not a money draining p2w shitstorm (BnS)

Doesn't stop the game from having leveling boosts and MSQ skips over there like you said, and it's almost guaranteed they'll be coming in 4.0 no matter how hard everyone denies it. KR and Chinese numbers are also pathetically low according to people randomly mentioning it online on Reddit.

6.2 (or was it 6.1?), the one with the selfie cam, was so bad instead of giving it a proper patch name it was just called "Garrison Update"

Trying to get this fat cunt for my future Aquarium. 3.0 gathering is so much eeasier witht he 12 hour system they did, fucking having to wait 24 in-game hours is awful, not to mention you best believe its the right weather. Did I mention it only has a 6% catch rate?
>just buy it
No one has put one up since June and I'm not spending millions on the fish when the patch finally hits.

No, that would be the runescape update that took out pvp and got rid of free trading

What is this even about?

Balmung is so horrible. The melting pot of tumblr scum.

>its a bard runs off and kites shit palace of the dead episode

The game is dead in china and korea.

Here's the conext, the thread is no longer up for viewing but it was another SJW thinking they speak for native Americans.

>its a "theres a gold chest on the other side of the map and that one asshole has to spend 5 minutes running back when the exit is open" episode

It was SJW vs SJW vs Balmung vs Take the drama to tumblr

Like ISIS vs. Al Nusra

I really don't get how people get triggered about different culture clothing put in the game. It at least introduces people to it, not to mention within the game we're the WoL for getting a War Bonnet makes sense doesn't it?

>I really don't get how people get triggered about different culture clothing put in the game.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

I mean Yukatas, Samurai shit, Wedding Dresses, Ninja shit, Witches, Ghosts, Santa, the fucking Thav stuff that looked like Middle Eastern stuff, and Belly Dancer outfits are basically in this game and people run around with them glamoured all over. When the fuck did Native American outfits became 2far.

Because Cred Forums found one post about it.

All of them desu

I just hope we get some more slutty outfits, was a while since we got those.

So what happened, did SE even give a shit about a bunch of baka gaijins?

>Doing PotD
>Bard pops in
>Name is "I'm Trash'desu"
>Running around like a retard pulling whole rooms landing DoTs, fuck everyone else
>Grabs a silver chest, explodes
>Dies
>2 healers in group
>Neither raises

It's really embarassing how this 'glamour-rich' MMO has sluts wearing maybe 1 of 8 outfits at any time (Thav, crafting cleavage top, taffyta, light steel, smallclothes, hempen camise, whatever bikini, and recently moonfire halter).

Jay, what the fuck is that thing??

>tfw you leveled an AST just for fun about a month ago

Feels good.

A retarded Sunfish

>Doing expert roulette as AST
>Giving balance to myself or the tank every time I draw it
>One of the DPS complains "It's better if you give it to one of the DPS"
>"I'm giving it to the people doing the most DPS."

Savage

>Bullying as a healer.
Now that's just wrong on so many levels.

But it feels so right to me, user.

To be fair, Squeenix did change an achievement name after a SJW complaint. Completely different from literally withholding a virtual asset from a region of the game, but theoretically plausible given past circumstances.

Lore will essentially be useless come 3.4 right? With Eso being phased out, does that mean Umbrite will be bought with Lore now? I've got max Eso and about 1700 something Lore, so do I spend all the Eso now on Umbrite, or wait until the conversion? Because If I wait for the conversion, I wont be getting 2000 Lore for 2000 Eso right, its never been 1:1, but if Umbrite will be bought with Lore now, and its still going to cost 300 a piece, whats the best way to get bang for my buck.

And they also allowed gay marriage.

>university
>MMO

Enjoy being a perma-NEET

I'd allow gay marriage too if it meant watching two catgirls fuck each other.

You should still be able to use your esos to buy the umbrite from the vendor, would be my guess. you can still use law to buy unidentified items if you want (for 3 days ayy lmao)

Does anyone got an ingame waifu in this game? I'm not into RP or ERP at all but would find it really cute to find myself a cute cat I could marry and have a comfy time with.

Just spend your Eso. You get the same amount of Lore from roulettes like you did from Eso.

>really good story

I feel like the standard for Japanese games to have good story is just so much lower than Western games.

Where did everyone go?

only autists do savage

I can't think of any games that have a good story. They're designed for teenagers.

This. If you want a real man's story, play Call of Duty or a Bioware RPG.

Pretty sure this chart implies the game is growing actually.

>FFXIV
>Good story

Pick 1.

Not to mention Final Fantasy has been going on for 30 years now and it's always taken things from other cultures. Why make a fuss now?

Its a good ongoing saga with a bad arc (read: WINE AND CHEESE) and a really disappointing abortion of a plot twist at the beginning of HW because dev team A did not like what dev team B did with the story.

>Jan 771k active
>Aug 507k active
>Growing

This is your healer tonight

Santa Claus is my healer?

Pope Santa Claus is your healer

That's pretty cool

It is.

Its kinda funny how they act. They act progressive but not in an annoying way , its more of a funny and fun way.

Things like making male armor just as revealing if not more revealing than female armor and the fact you can marry the same sex. Its just funny for some reason, I think its a japanese thing though.

>What am I in for?

two second global cool down

Looks like a nice guy.

>mfw April clear

There is nothing to do in this game in the endgame outside of savage.

>still haven't beat Nidhogg EX
Just kill me now, bros.

>still not ilvl 235 for the next Warring Triad boss
>gonna miss those week 1 clears

>tfw playing with friends and clearing all contents without worry

>cleared sephirot halfway through midas with pugs a couple weeks after hitting 60
>cleared nid the sunday it was released
>gonna vaporize sophia with my static and get a pile of weapons
>gonna clear alexander savage and fucking fly around on the Ark like a fucking champion

>got all crafts to 60 but no idea how to actually gear myself up to do ironworks

What DPS should I be doing as a monk at ilvl230? Hitting about 1900 on a dummy. Is there a place to check?

Fucking hell 4.0 better be absolutely amazing. Goblins were a mistake. Timer upkeep for everything was a mistake. continuing tomestones and raids for dull top tier gear was a mistake. Making everything a dance where 1 person screws up and its over is a mistake.

Gear progression is:

150 whites
i170 all class Carbonweave (mainly used for converting into materia)
i170 HQ crafter specific AF2
i180 crafter AF2 from blue scrips (perform better than the i170 HQ variant, but worse when the i170 is melded)
i200 Augmented crafter AF2 (requires more red scrips, helps you gear out a specific AF2 to help out your specialist roles)
i190 All-class Ironworks gear (made from various spec classes, worse than augmented when unmelded but obviously can be used for all roles)

At this point in time, if you have the gil you should just purchase the ironworks and ignore the carbonweave/i170 HQ af. If you want to do it yourself in a cost effective manner, then pick up LTW/WVR as your spec classes and focus on getting the augmented main/off hand for them. WIth those two, even with i150 whites on your left/right side, you should be able to craft carbonweave and probably ironworks with enough melds. But since its so close to the next patch, you should probably focus more on gathering whatever mats are needed for the next i250 crafted set for battle classes. The majority of gil making might be long gone by the time you get your red scrips for your gear.

Seems about right. 240 MNKs are generally around ~2050 without food/party buff.

>have a bunch of friends who play this and want me to join them
>finally break and download the trial
>ask what server they're all on
>Balmung
>even after 4 days of staying up until 2 AM I still can't make a character
>my only option to actually play with my friends is to make a character on a separate server and spend 18 bucks (on top of initial purchase, subscription, and expansion fees) to transfer the character
This stupid game had better be a fucking 11/10 if i'm gonna have to pay out of my ass just to play it.

You were a mistake.

>playing MMOs with friends
>not playing MMOs to make new friends
sounds like you guys have some bad tastes

Balmung is perpetually full. Tell your friends to stop sucking futa dicks.

Apparently they were all in a lesser populated server before, but one of them who's super into RP demanded they all move to Balmung and they actually did it.
Fuck that guy.

you don't do ironworks, you buy ironworks so you don't have to do all the bullshit leading up to it

I like how one of the first reponses to this person's first post was something along the lines of
>how long before they're calling everyone in this thread racist?

Turns out, they would only have to wait for that special snowflake to post twice.

Be a Warrior
Overpower
Get fancy armor
Overpower
Deal more DPS than the DPS
Overpower
Run out of TP

games fun

If you like Warrior now, wait until lvl 60. Never running out of TP, never dying, always doing big dick deeps with fell cleave.

>Overpower
>not Decimate
Shit nigga what are you doin

Alexander being terrible didn't help. Goridas turned so many people off.

Perpetually excited.
I am but a baby warrior.

I believe the Balance buffs are only applied to single targets. Spread is still just a 5% damage buff.

Well fi we're going to Ala Migo. It at least is around the huge mountain area. Hopefully next raid won't be awful at the start and they'll fix the issues most had with normal Alex.
imo having a normal mode killed a lot of peoples motivation. Nothing new in Hard modes, not even gear. Yes the gears have different stats, but not different enough other than you can change their colors. The only new thing we got in Alex was weapons, some mechanics, and winged Brute Justice. Not a whole lot to look forward to.

Spread is 10% now as well. we can have a 30 second, 45 second, or 55 second long Trick Attack raid wide.

Is this worth playing if you won't be raiding?

I talked to someone like that the other day, they were under the impression they would save money crafting it themselves because they can 'gather everything themselves' or something - nevermind that opportunity cost is a thing, or the fact that there are so many geared crafters now that ironworks gear is being sold at cost price or even cheaper than the mats at times.

Not to mention gearing yourself up in carbonweave stuff just to craft ironworks manually is literally pissing money away because you're gearing yourself twice.

I don't understand the fixation people have with doing things 'legit', we're half a week from 3.4 so if you wanted to do it legit you missed the window months ago. Just buy it directly off the market board now.

>tfw people comment that they can see your characters upskirt in roulette's.
So many people lewding other players character.

Raiding is 1% of the game. Go do 99% of the rest of the game.

>fish market absolutely ruined right now

I wish there was an archive that post was gold.
It's always players from balmung too and they wonder why their server is the most made fun of.

Have literally never seen this in two years of playing. Nobody talks in DF.

Can't say that I would mind the comments however.

I've never raided once in this game and played on and off since 1.X.

But I really suggest that you play with some friends else it can get lonely.

50% of the endgame.

How so? Only like 3 of the fish are actually rare and they're 2.0 shit. Unless you're not talking about Aquariums.

What is the rest of the game? I have only ever raid logged.

Happened to me once when I did Alexander. And at the stage when your character "warps" and spins someone said "Nice upskirt user :)".

I guess wearing a Southern Seas Swimsuit is quite lewd...

tfw you and your whole random party starts talking about anime while doing Void Ark
It was actually pretty fun talking to the party as I did minimal dps in Void Ark

I fucking hate this game, and I say that as someone who played XI before it too.

Nobody fucking talks, everything's streamlined so much it's 90% queue, the community's dying and what the fuck is there to do other than endlessly grind for tombstones or rinkydink arena PVP?

Maybe I was spoiled with shit like EQ, but it felt much more interesting than this. Even FFXI early on was something incredible. Fuck, I even miss the early 2000's runescape scene. What the fuck is there to look forward to? I just want a comfy party atmosphere and bustling worlds.

I know the PS3 is holding the game back, it's obvious but when devs keep vaguely blaming the system it sounds like a quick excuse. They should drop the system, the game can run fine on midrange PC's and Laptops or players can just get a PS4, they're not that expensive.

If I remember right they said they're more than likely dropping PS3 support in 4.0.

>What the fuck is there to look forward to? I just want a comfy party atmosphere and bustling worlds.
real world

>tfw get "From Lax to Max" moogle quest 4 days straight
Eat a dick Yoshi

Alright I'm done with Legion, I can't stand their RNG balancer that just guts my class and fun, I heard XIV isn't overboard with their class nerfs and the new trailer looked cool, so is Warrior in this game good?

Which one is that?
I can't remember any of the moogle quests being particularly annoying, unlike that one final-tier ixal quest with the absurd requirements (High wind in Ishgard?)

It always spawns with that stupid ishgardian cuisine quest too.

>talk to hildeth
>fly to asah to talk to mogwon
>fly back to hildeth
>fly back to asah to hand it out

Fuuuuuckk that

Warrior is by far the best Tank class in the game. Its basically a Tank + DPS all put together in a nice ball and hasn't been touched all of 3.0. Beware though. They might be putting Warrior more in line when the Expac hits. buts thats still like 8+ months away.

warrior is the most efficient tank, but it's also a trap for shitter players that think they are good and end up being worse than paladin or dark knight players overall

Yes.

Fly to the three moogles and talk to them, then fly to mogwon and talk to him. Then fly to damn near each corner of the map and talk to the 3 moogles again

Oh yeah, that one.
I guess that is kind of annoying. Still, those quests give a shit ton of EXP so I'm not going to complain.

I see people being talkative during 24 man raids or even roulettes pretty frequently. Usually happens when a few fc members queue in together and decide to banter in /p instead of /fc I'd say.

>talking with people I don't intend to spend more than 15 minutes with and never seeing again

Seems like a waste famalam, do you strike up conversation with the cashier at some remote roadside gas station or do you just pay for your shit and leave?

>Random person asks if you want to join a FC.
>I think "Sure why not, does not hurt to see what kind of FC it is".
>Join says hi and people say hi to me.
>Later the FC chat is completely silent.

>do you strike up conversation with the cashier at some remote roadside gas station
Depends, is she cute?

>>Later the FC chat is completely silent.
Or rather in FC's that are 500+ members they'll say hi to you and then ignore you and other members because the FC has its own clique.

It's a sweaty neckbeard

I should not have trusted the "join a guild and make friends meme"

No, but I might if I were gonna be hanging around with them for 15 minutes.

>The best gown ever
200 more commendation and you'll be mine too.

The game says there was 771,103 active characters during that survey. Only 198k of them had cleared 3.1 based on those that used the wind up minion at the end of it. But don't forget that 3.1 main story gave literally nothing and I knew many people who didn't do 3.1 story until 3.2 came out because of The Antitower and some others until 3.3 because of The Final Steps of Faith.

So AST is gonna be pretty good now?

I might start levelling it, starts at 30 so it's not that bad

post pics of the healslut

Pretty good is an understatement. AST can now give the party 40 second trick attack with potential ideal uptime of over 50% of the fight. It's kinda bonkers.

Good news user. Quest is becoming easier in 3.4 according to prelim notes.

nice bait but you know that census was wrong. its about 500k

Finishing relic. My static fell apart 2 weeks into 3.3, i took a break than came back and switched mains to blm. Luckily I had been saving some tokens for a second relic so the 210 part didn't set me back much. Need like 10 points to finish it now

>tfw fishing for the first time

Holy shit this is maximum comfy. What a great way to catch up on my manga backlog.

This is my problem
Me - "Hey anyone wanna do any of the roulettes?"
>silence
- later -
Them - "yeah just got my nth sephi weapon"
Me and some other guy - " I keep joining pugs with people who can't do mechanics maybe the FC could help me out some time"
>silence
I quit for a while after that, I'm not even a bad player, I consistently am high if not top as DPS and am a competent scholar but everyone I come across in this game does nothing to help others through current content, if there is nothing in it for them they won't bother with you in the slightest, I don't even know what FCs are for in this game anymore.

AFK'ing in Limsa to refresh my retainers when their hourly is up until I run out of ventures and then going to buy more.

Considering running second coil DF's for glamour but remembering I'd just get shitters and not bothering.

not DF, PF.

Generally huge FC have their own group which ignore any others.
For them you are basically a FC points farmer.

This is also my big issue with FC's. I've joined a smaller one today and will see if that's any better. But the problem with smaller FC's is that they're either totally dead or it's just a circlejerk.

DELET THIS

>No static
>Friends doing content with static due to Sophia more important than Nidhogg for prog
>Gonna have to pug in PF/RF with zero meld shitters

A-atleast I'll get a tome weapon in 7 weeks right...

>be FC'less
>Message "Hey!"
>"Hey"
>"I noticed you're not in an FC, would you like to join Knights of EDGE ? We always have buffs up and we're a social and friendly guild"
>"You mean you want me to put my stuff in vault and make money off me but offer me no benefits right"

They never seem to reply after that.
I'd just start my own but having to get three people to sign the charter is retarded.

You can't. It's all through raid finder for the savage now.

>three
That doesn't sound too bad. I think it was 10 when I played WoW.

I get messages by people wanting to invite me all the time and it usually goes like this.
>Hi want to join XXX?
>Hey! What kind of FC is that?
>Oh it's just our small FC
or
>Please join!

If they're not even going to bother telling me what kind of FC it is why the hell do they think I will bother joining them?

what hair style do you think would suit this look best?

Making first character and i'm pretty happy with everything except I'm unsure of the hairstyle (colour isn't changing though).

the same thing happened to me, the comfy FC with our small comfy limsa house, I made with an IRL friend eventually broke apart when he and some others stopped playing, I played alone a lot, then I had to stop for some time, lost my rank as fc leader and some of the dicks in our fc must have sold the FC. I then tried to look for another FC, but ran into the same problems of people not helping at all, eventually I got tired of eternally farming tokens for everything and figured I better save my money. I just wish I had a group of IRL friends I could play this with, it could be fun

>loli cat
*sweats*

You can, if you go with a premade full party, as the other dude said, it's in the patch notes bruh.

>I just wish I had a group of IRL friends I could play this with, it could be fun

mfw all my IRL buddies plays WoW.

There aren't many people who are FCless to sign it for you, and normally people want money for doing it and fuck that.

There's no point in that shit, as well off getting a Linkpearl if it's just a "small FC"

Nice Casca, avoid all voidsent.

They most likely gonna add more, plus fishing or gather classes in general are relaxing.

I literally cannot find that in the patch notes, even when I ctrl+f it.

>casca
that's Guts's waifu right?

I haven't read berserk but i think she's brunette right?

She's also a Google.

We'll find out on Tuesday if its a typo or not. Be funny if it isn't. Xeno double war comps BTFO

>MUH WARRIOR

Correct, but yeah, technically the hair colour is off on your image for it to be really Casca.

Probably less raped into retardation too.

English patch notes are always filled with typos/mistakes, I would be surprised if this wasn't one of them.

Just noticed it said
>Item level restrictions do not apply when registering as a full party.

This implies on the Item Level Requirement of 245/250 etc do not apply but the "Level Requirement" with the (Two or more of the same job is not permitted) still applies.

I think it looks good as is.

Apparently egi glamours are in 3.4 according to the Jap va for Krile. Whether its 3.4 or 3.45 or she is shitposting remains to be seen

I just want FFXI

>One of each job
>Melee DPS gear still separated so Monk and NIN have seperate sets, rather than just having it so that it has both Dex and Str but you only benefit from the stat that's yours.
>Caster and Healer share gear

we DOUBLE DRG DROPS all day erry day erry patch

It's out of that hairstyle or this one i think

MNK and DRG also had different midan sets last tier man.

The first one looked better I think.

I like the original one best. You can always change it latter for 2000gil. Which is nothing.

later* fuck me

you can change your hair and some other minor options to whatever you want later for a small amount of gil

Maybe I phrased poorly, I don't mean visuals, I mean SMN and BLM use the same gear drops, or Healers will all have one drop which is inevitably shit for at least one of the three of them because of Piety being garbage for anything that isn't WHM.

When you have 20 items on the loot table, having a DRG only drop, NIN only and MNK only is bad because it reduces the odds your MCH/BRD, SMN/BLM or Heals and Tanks will get a drop

They need to rework so much fucking shit in 4.0 jesus christ.

doesnt matter there will still be about 50 people that look like you you can't really go unique in your customizing in this game

nice mams

I've never seen anyone that looks like my character.

you mean your anime club ?

>Doing Haukke Manor in leveling roulette as a BRD
>Tank DRK lvl 59
>Think it should go well
>Then I notice that everytime I start DPSing I hear the "ding" that tell me I got aggro
>I keep stealing aggro from the tank and start to get confused
>DRK doesn't have Grit on so I tell him to do it
>"I want to finish this quickly so it's alright" he says
>Then I tell him to put Darkside on for extra damage
>Strangely, he refuse
>He keeps going on about how he want to finish the instance ""quickly"" and that he doesn't care
>Mfw

I don't get people sometime...

Kind of people who think that pulling more that they can handle in a "speedrun" and wiping is ultimately quicker than pulling large but manageable groups.

Wiping is always slower.

Which reminds me of a Wiping Shitty I did where the Punishing Ray on Forgall wiped us because no melee DPS wanted get in the pillars because "they'd lose DPS or stacks". Mate, if you're dead, you're doing 0 DPS.

i wonder if we can hit 245 with just the creator nm and tome shit week1. are the accessories weighed the same as left side?

drk in leveling roulette are usually god awful. Never have dark side on, squishy as fuck because they don't use cds and your lucky if they have provoke when they lose aggro.

>2016
>buys a game
>pays sony to play it online
>pays SE to play it online

fucking retards

you don't need 245 for full party though. Its for people using matched raid finder

PS4 doesn't require PS+ for ffxiv if thats what you mean

>pays sony to play it online
PC master race.

Hard to say without knowing 100% what ilvl Scripture and NM gear is.

If all your slots are 240 right now, you'd need 6 i250 pieces to get to 245.

yeah thats why im asking. i want to try out raid finder. the fact they set it somewhat high might reduce the amount of shiters trying to get in.

Finally got the cunt after get RNG fucked by weather and the game.
Now to get Blood Red Booneytogue before 3.4.

All of those are active you dingdong. The better question is why are 500k people not update to date with the story.

problem is shitters usual buy gil so they have crafted wep/gear or have bought a sophia clear.

>are the accessories weighed the same as left side?
Yes
You can hit 250 on the first day if you just buy enough crafted shit since that and NM gear will predictably be 250.

>WoW has more players
>Somehow feels just as fucking dead

Looks like MMOs are finally going the way of the dodo.

yoshida is a fucking hack

I don't remember which but the WoW patch that had Dragon Soul made me leave the game for good. It was God awful. 4.3 I think it was.

The news that people with Coil clears get vindication in the 3.4 plot has been great.
It's basically impossible to get a party together to farm Coil under normal circumstances, but the last 2 days alone I've nabbed a ton of High Allagan and Dreadwyrm stuff for glamours.

Same guy here
>Doing AV run for mentor roulette
>Sprout MNK and SMN
>None of them use their aoes
>Tell SMN to use Bane
>He tell me it's useless
>Tell MNK to use Rockbreaker
>He tell me it's a waste of TP
>They both basically tell me to fuck off/learn to play
>MFW WHEN WE DO EVERY MOBS OF AV 1 BY 1

That's when you take the debuff. Especially as if there were 2 DPS, that means you're one of the important roles so their shittiness will go punished. What kind of person gets an inprogress Aurum Vale and stays? I bail if I get it at all.

meant for

woops

Story is interesting.
Combat is just slightly more interesting than typical tab targetting depending on the class you pick.
Visuals are great.

I enjoy it as something mindless to do after work.

How do you find the time in University to play an MMO?
If I don't want to fail my courses and still want to live, all the time I'm not spending on eating or sleeping should be reading.

Why is this boss so fucking hard for people?

How did that WHM die 5 times?

>1080 as a WAR

stepped in every AoE and died

Grades, gaming, social life
Choose 2

jesus

I would have just left

Shit gameplay
Everything else is decent

I was really tempted to, but I just wanted finish it to go back to fishing.

Slower, flashier WoW. and you can have all your jobs / classes on one character.

>DRK off tanking when there's a WAR

faggot

One of the shittiest leveling experience, ever. Literally horror.

i dont even get a message its just HERES MY INVITE PLEASE JOIN

That's exagerating.
Have you never experienced korean grindfest or something?
Enjoy your 0,003% exp per monsters 3 level above you without any quest.

God, I miss my character so much (unsubbed since 3.0) and I want to see her again in motion but my unsub angel has given me so many reasons to smite the sub demon with but he's still there. He's alive because of my character. He's goddamn invincible.

Those fags go straight in my blist

>WoW has more players
stop this meme, WoW is dead as fuck.
There are hundreds of thousands of bots who play right now.

FFXIV doesn't get much better than that.

It's:

>tag a mob, one mob, not more because that would be detrimental to your progress
>hit, wait 2.5s, hit, wait 2.5s, hit, wait 2.5s, hit, wait 2.5s, hit, wait 2.5, hit, waith 2.5s, hit, wait 2.5s
>find another mob
>repeat billion times

The game's biggest problem is the tediousness of its combat system and the way they handled questing.

Wildstar's questing and combat was decades ahead compared to FFXIV. Too bad the developers didn't really know how to do anything else.

Any Cred Forums FCs?

Who /controller on pc/ here?

One of my FC's blm raiders suggested I try it. It felt really weird of course but I think it actually helped. Makes it feel a bit more like an action game, desu.

>Wildstar's was decades ahead compared to FFXIV
lol
wildstar was fucking awful m8

I'm controller/keyboard on ps4 believe it or not. Depends on what I'm doing.

is controller easier when it comes to gathering
having to repeatedly click gets annoying after a while

A lot of weeaboo faggots

Otherwise, a FF wow clone

I want to get gud at controller but I can't get used to it. It takes 4 button presses to access a menu with a controller but with a keyboard it only takes 1 button.

>123/240
Half way there...

>le 2.5s meme
>meanwhile a SKS-stacked monk can't get their entire rotation out properly because they can only manage one O-GCD every few hits.

how's your list going?

>Get to do A5S on my AST
>I'm healing and buffing people with cards as much as I can
>Group complains that I'm not DPSing
>Explain to them that I'm a main healer
>Get kicked from the group

The second part goes by slightly faster thanks to random bonuses. So technically, you're already well past the halfway point.

Anyone on Balmung up for some VA? Or whatever gives lore, I need to stock up on that for the week as well.

Slowly but surely.

Im 197/240 on my relic weapon. What's the best way to finish that up as all i need now are the umbrites?

Oh what? you get bonuses?
Can you tell me more?

Just go farm ARF and pray to get bonuses.

Maxed everything during the shitshow that was 3.05 - 3.1.

Sometimes you randomly get larger increases when feeding the soul, so instead of the standard +3, you could get +4, +5 or +6 (forgive me if the numbers aren't accurate, it's been a while since I completed mine). It doesn't happen often, but it'll save you a couple of turn-ins. The total bonus you get will also always be divisible by 3 the by the end, so you can't get fucked over by ending on a partial bonus.

That's pretty cool, thanks for the explanation!

There's ZR on Ultros.
It's really nice but playing on Ultros is the catch.

>numerous references to prostitution and rape
>panty shots
>tumblr mmorpg

The very first dungeon you run is a fucking rape dungeon.

kek, you know people will want to see what all the fish look like in the tanks.

Which is why the marlins, sharks, and whilom catfish on my server are going for 1mil, 500k and 200k, respectively.

Pressing the same 6-8 buttons in the same order for 400 hours ocasionally moving away from an AoE.
Listening to people complain about Global Cooldown as if pressing the same buttons faster would make the game better.
Cats.

Is there anything worth spending Esoterics on at this point?

>being a whm with cards allows me to not put at least some dots on the boss/adds
deserved it

I hate this main healer off healer bullshit each healer should share healing/dpsing.

been catching up on the "main" story line

They sound like kids, or people that have the mentality of kids. Either way, good on you for avoiding them.

THIS IS ONLY IF YOU QUEUE FROM RAID FINDER

You can still make full premade groups of any comp.

Save them, convert them to Lore on Tuesday,

Eikon mats and cash out before the patch. You don't want to hang on to any esos at all as they'll essentially lose 75% of their value.

Or umbrite i guess if you're still doing the relic step.

>To clarify: Anyone who supports that adding a war bonnet is racist.
>Why do people feel so attacked at the suggestion?

Because you're calling everyone a racist you fucking spastic, you probably wouldn't have even given a fuck about Native American's historical treatment if it wasn't for this special snowflake oppression-points arms race you useless waste of space.

Sorry mate, but telling me that the game is even shittier than I said isn't an argument against me, you're supporting my view.

And monk is the only class that actually stacks haste. Or at least was.

I think I know that guy.

His main is I'm Trash'desu and he had the WR for most healer DPS on Thordan EX by the end of the patch in which that fight was implemented. I was in a static with him for a while and he was pretty rad.

I guess he made a joke account and just fucks with people now. Pretty funny.

i've got SCH/SMN and WHM at 60 with everything else sub level 30 and crafting isn't leveled at all.

I don't level anything that isn't fun.

It doesn't say that but it's probably a typo

Also raid finder can have job stacking as long as it isn't duty complete

I just realized t b h got filtered in the post I replied to, I'm a fucking retard.
That wasn't even an alternate character, that was straight up his main. Even better.

>without any quest.
I hunger for a game without the need of pushing quests down my throat.

FFXIV doesn't get a pass because the questing system you need to do to get access to more content is the most fucking horrid I've seen
>walk from point a to point b or fly from point a to point b just to say hi to some fucking catlad

I want more miqittens, and I want miqittens PLAYABLE

>all yoshi letting all that possible fantasibux swim out the window

Same, but I want to play as like little kid. Imagine going through 2.4 all up to right now in the story, and the WoL is like some 10-12 year old kid.

With them adding the LFRP status, I'm anticipating more RP options and by extension more character options in the future.
With child models already in the game for Miqote, Elezen and Hyurs, I don't think it's a far cry to assume that we'll get playable children in a future xpac or major patch.

What kind of fag must you be to want to as a child in a game like this?
Adolescant maybe, but someone less than 12?
Stupid.

>loli tanks
>in cascadier uniforms

levleling MCH while learning how to use a controller so I can play while lying down, this feels so fucking awkward

I want to be a mahou shoujo, nuking everyone and everything with fire iv and flare

Damn straight

I personally wouldn't play as a child given the option, but I'll always welcome more diversity to the game. I think seeing some children running around instead of a 99% adult population would give more variety to the game. Getting a little tired of seeing the same face 4 Au Ra girls and heterochromatic cats everywhere.

>cheating

In that case wouldn't expanded character creation options within the existing races also suffice?

And give us an ass and hips slider already, fuck.

The fact I can play with controller is the whole reason I play this game. With the new crossbar they are adding it may be easier (since you can get a fucker more of buttons). You can usually fit all your abilities between two full sets of crossbars without an issue.

>not using /chotbar change macros so you can cruise control the full gcd rotation on the face button without changing triggers

Are you left handed?

>cluttering your main crossbar with elusive jump
>not having your actual jumps on your main crossbar
>not having stun, b4b, or surges on your main crossbar

I bet you stand in orange circles, nerd.

You get used to it after a while

I used controller for lv1-60 and all the raids but I'm learning KB+M for healer which I'm started to get used to

Cleric Stance dancing with KB still feels awkward as fuck for me though

Even Tera is pushing it, and considering the emphasis XIV has on ERP I just dont want that as an option for people.

Yeah, they would. I'd gladly accept any added options. Getting new haircuts gets me excited. I'd really like new face options, though I'm sure those are unlikely.

I keep all non combat skills on my 2nd Xbar since I don't need to use them all the time in my main rotation but I have a extra hot bar just so I can see cooldowns

The potatoes aren't enough for you?
Also i am indeed sick of seeing fem miqote in nothing but a bra and panties.
Three times yesterday im tanking for a party of femqote. I can't take it seriously at all as my Dark knight is dressed as a bug man so it just looks ridiculous.

>Cleric Stance dancing with KB still feels awkward as fuck for me though
I use the middle mouse button for that.

Hell, if you have any additional mouse buttons they're generally great for any sort of toggle action or 'emergency' actions.

>considering the emphasis XIV has on ERP I just dont want that as an option for people
As much as I agree with you on this, the people that really want to do child ERP are already doing so with Lalafells that are RPing as children.
Its kind of disgusting but perverts will always find a way regardless of the options you give them.

I googled a cross hotbar pic u nig, I said I was levelling MCH

I don't even want to think about the kind of hellish nightmare it would be to have to relearn my 60 DRG on a controller

I thought WXbar would just be 4 extra skills in each trigger but it seems you can do 8 on each side which is amazing since you would never have to go to the 2nd Xbar realistically except for certain not important skills

>bug man
They got Kamen Rider glamour?

Just a reminder that this beast plays this game.

To be frankly honest I'd rather have more monstrous/beastial race rather than another variation of human.

Although I think it's suspicious that they're adding the option to put hyphens in your character's name.
Playbale padjals maybe?

Why is wu mesmerizingly ugly?

It's also a lizard healer that use INT accessories.

Anyone have the chat log from the ramuh fight?

DRG is a lot easier on controller than keyboard, for me. It feels a lot easier to combo OGCDs.

These are your party members for tonight

He flipped his shit because people talked about "eating the balls" during an A4 run and everybody laughed at him for getting triggered over this.

It literally looks like those ghosts with multiple pale faces.

Still trying to get the combat roles to 60 before I move on to Botanist and Miner. I'm just wondering if I'm doing everything I can as far as getting daily/weekly bonuses

>Levelling/Level 50/Main Scenario/Trial/Guildhest roulette
>Daily HW Beast Tribe/Clan Hunt logs
>Dungeon/Guildhest/Fate/Levequest/Commendation weekly Challenge Log

Anything else?

Isn't that a Midan spear
Fuck yeah man

AST is the best and nicest healer.
WHM and SCH are mean and jealous.

>Queue in
>Male highlander tanking for these qts

I like Miqotes a lot!

pastebin.com/rP45UBvt

AST are bros
SCH are professionals
WHM are wannabe DPS and attentionwhores

I would fuck that guy on the left

I just started AST today after playing SCH to 37 and I'm really liking it more

Have to get used to no auto heal fairy but this really feels like a support class which is what I wanted

It's also aesthetically more pleasing to me than SCH

And a further reminder that whenever it says anything relating to the game, the community generally shits all over it and calls it retarded.

My paladin does as much DPS as a DRK on sword oath, a good paladin gets 1k DPS in raids too, there is literally nothing wrong with paladin

WAR master race here, DRK is for faggots.

Playing AST feels right. Getting to buff up your guys, healing and dpsing feels good when you get it right.

>Play a female Midlander
>Queue into a dungeon
>3 lalas
>/ss/ senses tingling

They have the worst DPS of all healers though

How they could have fixed AST without as much craziness:

Aspected Benefic (Nocturnal): Continually applies a small shielding effect to the marked target every few seconds. Can only be applied to one target at a time. Is not affected by Cleric Stance.

??????

Just wait until you eventually have to use that LB3, it's probably the most gorgeous one in the game.

It's just a shame AST's attacks are missing a little visual flourish. At least Gravity is great.

Maybe.
Yeah pretty much.

This needs to be a joke.

>ASTs acting high and mighty now that they got several kneejerk overbuffs

>implying any WAR that has more than that wasn't padded hardcore
Fuck off Xeno

Just let them have this

>tfw I played AST since launch because I dont do week one raiding anyway and now people outside my circle will claim im just a FOTM reroller

>Just give AST a not-fairy
No. It's struggled with an identity problem too much as it is.

If you want to rework something, rework Synastry.

The whole thing that makes SCH unreplaceable even NOW is the fairy. Obviously you cant remove the fairy, but mere potency changes cant replace what the fairy does and allows for.

That John Walker needs to John Walk off a fucking cliff.

This, I didn't even think PLD even needed a damage buff to be honest, I mean maybe something to manage TP a bit better but even that it's not that bad, just in some really specific instances like a7s, I can outdps 90% of the DRK's with my pally on sword oath while not giving my healers a heart attack, of course a good DRK is always gonna outdps PLD though.

>[11:43](Lilith Nine) I'm not going to play with teenagers. I'm sorry, I asked you nicely, there are other verbs to use.
>[11:43](Relax Bear) ball is a noun

MY SIDES

>Eikon mats
where to get these? can they be sold on marketplace?

I dont know why you people keep saying this. With these changes in place if an AST gets off just two AoE Balance in a fight now they have pretty much contributed as much total personal DPS as the SCH would have. What AST loses in personal DPS from healing more is made up in by group DPS, and no people need to stop acting like getting a Balance is impossible luck. You start off each fight with one ready and you really only need to get one more.

What's the matter boy, it was too hard for you?

Or are you one of those pvp retards?

esoterics, both HQ and NQ, and yes, they can be sold.

>both HQ and NQ
I never understood why they were bothering giving NQ at all when there is HQ for not much more stones.

>nerf the heals and shields to shit
>make cards not rng
there you go

I'm well aware, which is why I'd rather Synastry was adjusted to allow more uptime and greater creative usage. Right now it's just treated like a slightly longer lasting but overall weaker Divine Seal on a 90s CD. It could really do with different Sect bonuses/effects.

Outside of cards there isn't really anything in the AST's tool kit that feels compelling.

which npc sells the mats?

who plays triple triad
>tfw chaos or random ruleset

What if we..made is so Synastry was a long term buff on a target that received small healing when we did damage..

The one that gives you Eso gear in Idleshitter.

>Square actually encouraging healer DPS and not fucking us in the ass with higher and higher accuracy checks,
That'll be the day. At least AST's dots always hit.

Random is bullshit. It should always give you 5 of your strongest cards but instead you always get 1-star cards while the opponent has nothing but 5-stars.

>mfw swap

>woundrous tails
>crashing the V materia market
>best rewards behind a triple rng wall and impossible to get

Because most crafters with ok gear don't need HQ and you can get 2 NQ for less than 1 HQ.

bertana or whoever idk one of the girls at idyllshire, its under Esoterics (other), 20 esos buys 1 eikon hide/metal/mythrite/fiber or gobcraft resin

On most servers converting 2000 eso into those mats and selling them should net you around a million.

On my server the hq mats sell for practically the same price as the nq mats for some reason. I guess all the crafters are so geared they dont really care whether their mats are hq or not anymore.

Which makes buying the NQ mats a no brainer since they only cost 20esos while the HQ ones cost 50.

NQ only cost 20 tomes while HQ are 50 and to any crafter worth their salt the latter isn't going to be worth more to them because they're used to craft materials you can easily macro with a reliably high HQ rate even with 100% NQ mats.

If you're buying that shit to sell you're just fucking yourself buying HQ.

>starlight barding becoming untradeable

why

Cash shop

so they're fugging people that bought it to sell....

I'm not saying there shouldn't be NQ, I'm saying that it is a bit weird to let you get both from the same source considering how easy it is to grind those stones.

>Age of Conan and Rift
Graphs shouldn't be this funny

It had Thordan EX in it, so I'm willing to give it some slack.

See The game actually had 771,103 active players when the method used to get the "250k active players" number showed 198,577.

You are retarded, kill yourselves.

Well, the difference probably meant a lot more when the items you'd make out of them were comparatively harder to make.

You are a complete fucking retard.

Killing monsters for EXP is never worth it in FF14, literally no one does that. And just doing the main story gets your first class to max level for free. There's no grinding whatsoever in FF14 unless you insist on maxing out all your classes instead of sticking to one or two like a smart person.

Almost all the classes also have a bunch of abilities to use inbetween the global cooldown, which isn't even 2.5 most of the time because of spell/skill speed stats and buffs. And in every serious fight, you're constantly moving, most (bad) DPS players have trouble even just hitting their GCD abilities consistently.

>Finish last MSQ at 46
>Next one is at 49
>No grinding

Should have done levelling roulette

>literally no one does that
You haven't seen those retards farming mobs that don't give mats then I guess.

They doubled exp gain from the main story when Heavensward came out. You hit 50 just by doing the story and running the side dungeons once each.

And even before that grinding wasn't necessary as long as you did all the sidequests, hunting log, unlocked beast tribe quests, challenge log and so on. I hit 50 before HW without doing any dungeons or content twice, I didn't even do roulettes.

I know a few people who hit lvl 60 before even reaching HW

Also you can get the exp ring after you finish the hall of novice.

You ever played WoW you faggot?

Not that guy but WoW doesn't have a bad story, it's a different kind of storytelling usually, instead of lengthy talktative cutscenes about literal whos like here, but arguably it works better for this type of game. Yeah, lately they've driven it off a cliff for the sake of fanservice, but WoW having a bad story is nothing but a dank meme.

Not that user, but that's called LIFE. Might as well play live WoW, if you want to Solo and never talk.

DoH/L are all 60

WAR/SCH/NIN all 60 and the others are leveled enough to have their cross class abilities

probably won't level anything else

WoW isn't any fucking different my dude. Leveling to cap is solo, entry endgame is solo, wanna something above that you're gonna have to cooperate. I have a feeling people who say that shit never actually played WoW.

Just need MCH and FSH. I fucking hate fishing though so I probably won't bother.

Fishing is really cheap to level off leves.

It's called presentation.

Japanese games usually don't have particularly good stories, but it helps a fucking lot that the story isn't told to you through tediously written static text dumps or audio tapes like in most western games.

And in FF14's unique case, it also helps that the writing quality passes for a fantasy bestseller like ASoIaF most of the time thanks to some obscenely competent English writers (and some shameless stealing from said books in particular).

Also, the only good story Blizzard has ever written is the original Starcraft and its expansion. Warcraft has always just been a poorly written, cliche-ridden Warhammer clone that only a 12 year old could find any literary merit in.