Star Wars Battlefront

It's time for you to apologize and admit that you were wrong.

With the release of Death Star, the game is now completely unrecognizable from its launch state:

-No more helmetless stormtroopers
-3 additional DLC packs, with new game modes, space battles, and new heroes (3 per faction were available at launch, there are now 6)
-Free new game modes and maps (Survivors of Endor, Jakku, Turning Point)
-New weapons out the ass
-Great new equipment

The Death Star DLC feels really polished. Good mix of starfighting and close-quarters combat. And it looks extremely impressive.

You now have absolutely no excuse for not picking up this sleeper hit.

"b-b-but no clone wars!!! NO BUY!!!"

The prequel trilogy, and for that matter Star Wars: The Clone Wars (both the movie and the animated series) are pure, unadulterated shit with the notable exceptions of the space battle over Coruscant and the battle of Geonosis. The writing is dogshit and The Clone Wars is for children (seriously, rescuing Jabba's son Stinky who was kidnapped by his flamboyantly gay uncle?). The prequels are a blight on the Star Wars canon, and DICE made an excellent decision to ignore them. Star Wars, at its core, has always been about the Empire and the Rebels.

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/04/04/fall-of-the-empire-how-inner-turmoil-brought-down-a-legendary-studio.aspx?PostPageIndex=2
thoughtcatalog.com/oliver-miller/2012/07/50-quotes-from-the-star-wars-prequels-ranked-in-order-of-terribleness/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's still dead on PC.

Does it still have regenerative health?

Does it still feel like trash to play

Does it still not have classes

>the year of our lord 2016
>still playing video games on a personal computer

user, any serious craftsman wouldn't use a lower quality "all-in-one" tool when making a masterpiece. They would use high quality specialized tools for each specific job. That's why all true gamers play on consoles.

Or do you just not have any friends? You should have talked to people in middle school, you know!

I understand but disagree with the first part of your OP. The second half however is very true. The millenial toddlers grew up watching Menace, Clone Wars & Revenge so of course they're going to say that's the best trilogy.

I love when millenials go into a rage so I thank EA & Dice for sticking to what star wars is actually about, which is Twi'Lek females sucking my cock off while I slap their titties around a bit and suck their tentacle heads.

Starfighters don't regenerate, infantry do, but as I recall it's been nerfed quite a bit, you need to really turn tail and wait it out now.

Also

>2016
>complaining about regenerative health

This is the way games are now. It's like complaining about bullet spread when firing from the hip.

Can you explain further?

It's never had classes, and I'm a little confused as to why it would need them; you have more flexibility from choosing your blaster, then carefully selecting three star cards out of a bank of I think around 30 or 40 plus a trait to suit your exact playstyle.

Prequels are kino you reddit TFA loving faggot.

>CGI out the ass
>"i don't like sand"-tier dialogue
>abortive political intrigue subplots

Seriously, with a cast like Ian McDiarmid, Ewan MacGregor, and Natalie Portman, it takes seriously shitty writing to make them sound wooden and lifeless. Yet that's what George Lucas did because he was surrounded by yes-men. The dude has brain damage or something.

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/04/04/fall-of-the-empire-how-inner-turmoil-brought-down-a-legendary-studio.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

>“In one viewing of Fracture, [Lucas] said it looked really good, but he didn’t like [Mason Briggs’] name. We’re like, ‘What do you mean, George?’ He responded to the effect of, ‘It doesn’t really fit. When he jumps on stuff, he moves pretty fast. I like B.J. Dart.’

“So everybody’s like, ‘No, he’s gotta be f---ing with us.’ He’s absolutely not. So when something like that happened – in the middle of the campaign, mind you – we have to go back through that entire naming convention again… from scratch.” From that second session, Jet Brody was born. Coincidentally. Jett is the name of Lucas’ son.

>“The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a ‘Darth’ title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Darth Icky’ and ‘Darth Insanius.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”

>darth icky
>darth insanius

jesus what the fuck

Call me when they add Chewie as a hero...until then, fuck off.

Serious question, OP. How much do you get paid and can you work from home?

Because Battlefront had classes.
Removing classes to make a homogeneous "play it how u liek" isn't Battlefront. It's stupid, and it leads to far less diverse play. What if I liked being an engineer? Oh wait, vehicles don't spawn, they're map pickups.
What if I liked being a sniper? Oh, it's on a cooldown.
What if I enjoyed being a Wookie? Not a class.

I'm waiting for the ultimate edition that comes with all this bullshit DLC.
I want to play, but fuck EA for releasing this unfinished.

Glad Lucas is gone.
The guy was a hack.

He was added with the Death Star expansion.

There is legit nothing better than having Han Chewie and Leia tearing it up in heroes vs villains together.

I make around 50k/year pre-tax, but you can't work from home in my line of work.

Which isn't shilling, by the way, in case you couldn't tell from the salary. I just really like Star Wars Battlefront and think it got a bum rap. I've played about 120 hours so far; 882 games, 7,500 or so kills.

>pioneered the CG industry with prequels

>dialog wasn't filled with ebin throwbacks, Reddit tier humor and Marvel movie-esque one line quips

>explaining the origins of the empire and the alliance, how Palpatine overthrew the Republic.

Lucas had creative vision, Disney and JewJew just rebooted the 4th film with "diversity" and a bigger Death Star

>the original had classes so the remake must have classes

We've evolved past that, in case you hadn't noticed. Call of Duty was largely responsible for the shift away from preset classes.

>battefront
>homogenous

It's far from homogenous; if you played it you'd understand.

>What if I liked being a sniper
Then pack the pulse cannon, the cycler rifle, disruption (for when your bitch ass inevitably gets flanked) and the DLT-19X. Done.

>What if I liked being an engineer?

Blaster cannons and the AT-ST are already strong enough as it is; someone running around repairing them would probably break the game in its current state.

>What if I enjoyed being a Wookie?
Well, given that the Empire basically genocided them at the end of the Clone Wars and sent them to the spice mines and shit it's not exactly surprising that there aren't any in the Civil War era, but if you're that much of a furry pick Chewbacca when you get a chance to play as a hero.

I wish I could find that Penny Arcade comic with the audio book that says "you can trust me" said Darth Nefarious.

You should probably kill yourself or go back to ribbit

Fuck off shill.

>dude you should play this game cause it's like cod
Are you fucking 12? Get the fuck off Cred Forums you ginormous dildo. I didn't even read the rest of your post. The idea we "evolved" by copying Call of Fucking Duty is bullshit of the highest caliber. Drink bleach, Raheem.

I just uninstalled the game with no regrets. Was probably one of the worst clusterfucks I've ever played in my entire life. I had more fun with BF4, which is interesting, since it's made by the same fucking devs. I don't know how they dropped the ball so hard.

>the writing is shit
>therefore the prequels aren't fun

I don't give two shits how retarded the prequels are. I'm playing a video game. I want fucking lava planets with robots and clones. I want to play as those big fucking stupid dudes with the huge staffs and that droid that turns into a ball. I want to kill people with four lightsabres. I want to play as a stripper Jedi. If I wanted a fucking good story I'd watch a fucking movie. I want cool designs and interesting planets, of which there are none in the new movie. Who gives a flying FUCK about Jakku? It's just a less interesting Tatooine.

Although I can see your point that going through campaign mode with the prequels would be pretty bad... OH WAIT LOL THERE'S NO CAMPAIGN MODE SO THE WRITING AND STORY DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL LOL.

And why the fuck isn't the Death Star in the base game? Did they seriously just ignore the most iconic location in the entire saga? Do you actually think it's a selling point that the game only gets good when you pay for extra content that isn't shit? When the fuck did this become OK?

And more importantly, what does it do that distinguishes it from Battlefront II, or any other MP shooter? Every time I hear about this game it's "OH BUT NOW YOU CAN PLAY AS THIS HERO ON THIS PLANET THAT YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN ABLE TO DO FROM THE BEGINNING". I don't hear "THIS GAME IS SO FUN HOLY SHIT GUYS" like I do for Overwatch every other day.

It's mediocre expensive trash. You can't even shill for it properly.

>random spawns
>no real objectives in the game modes
>no sense of momentum due to #uno
>overpowered weaponry (don't even bring up the Engineer whose range is ridiculously limited)
>no roll
>retarded TTK that is all over the place
>very limited offline component

get bent kid. Fuck SWBEA and fuck all the shills.

>implying CG is a good thing

See image.

>dialog wasn't filled with ebin throwbacks etc

Literal examples of shit dialogue in the prequels:

thoughtcatalog.com/oliver-miller/2012/07/50-quotes-from-the-star-wars-prequels-ranked-in-order-of-terribleness/

Not to mention the delivery always feels like a 9-year old who thinks he's being witty for the first time.

PS: I had to include a link because I would get a field error if I included every example of shit dialogue in the prequels

>explaining the origins of the Empire and Rebels

Oh, you mean something that took up all of around 15 minutes of time over 3 feature length films, complete with "Darth Vader: The Caillou Years"? Yeah, nah. Perhaps a really amazing actor for Anakin could have salvaged the trilogy and made it what it should have always been: a tragic arc which lets us see inside the mind and the rise and fall of Darth Vader (who is the central figure to the original 6 films) but instead we got Hayden "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy!!!" Christiansen.

Lucas is a hack.

I wasn't wrong

because i liked it since the beta

>every shooter should be like DOOM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GO AWAY NORMIES

Shower more often.

Whoops, forgot my image.

>I'm an entitled manchild who thinks games should include twice the content for half the price and take exactly the same amount of time to develop as they do now

You sound a lot like those $15/hour minimum wage "activists", because you both don't really understand how the real world and the tyranny of the almighty dollar works.

>I don't care about story in games BUT I WANT A CAMPAIGN!!!

You are a walking contradiction. Campaigns in first person shooters with the exception of DOOM 2016 have been almost unanimously shit for the last decade or so.

>comparing it to Battlefront II

Go ahead and play that game. I dumped hundreds of hours into it and loved it dearly.

SPOILERS: It didn't age well.

>not giving a fuck about Jakku
>the largest and most important battle in Star Wars history
>I want to play on lava worlds with robots!!!
>the city of you

>Doom
>class based shooter
Ok you're very clearly a shill or just a run of the mill troll. Your ignorance is just laughable.

you literally could not be more wrong

off the top of my head you're wrong about #2, 3, 4, 5, and 6

did you know that wanting to put things into easy oversimplified classifications without much reason or sense is an early warning sign of autism?

What the shit? Clone Wars Animated series (2008) And Rebels are like LEGO Star Wars games; Made for kids but best licenced fuck shit nigger poo that comes out of Star Wars at all

>I am over the age of 18 but still play my 3DS in public, and especially on the bus, because I don't yet have my driver's license

I just wrote the first draft of your biography user, what do you think?

>edge.vbs

Prequels are 10x better content for Video Games & Dice knows it

They are saving Prequels & TFA for Battlefront 2

Shill thread.

There won't be any prequel trilogy BF game. It took them this long to crank out a game with one era in it, I can't even imagine that they'll take the time to re-skin the entire game for the prequels.

>surely nobody can like such a shit game, they must be paid to do it

You sound like a radical Muslim. Your mind is like a parachute user...it has to be open to work!

Wow. I feel for the old wizard. I'm gonna go cry now...

Battlefront II frostbite remake when

nah this is blatant shillin

don't be a fool

my main disappointment is the shitty matchmaking and no player-run servers where people can have custom settings, good active admins, and establish a persistent community of gamers like most other FPS on PC

also the awful arcadey controls ruin the space combat for me. they could have just copy pasted the battlefield jet controls with some slight adjustments to flight model, but no they had to completely dumb everything down to the lowest common denominator

>calling The Clone Wars show shit

Everything wrong with this game is mainly of EA's design, and even then this can be traced back to Disney, who wanted a Star Wars video-game to release around the time of TFA. DICE was given minimal time to build the entirety of the game from the ground up, from concepts to design to the actual engine and gameplay. As of now, if everything that is in the game currently was with it at launch, this wouldn't be half bad, people here probably would've enjoyed it, but sadly EA's jewery (which again can be traced to Disney) knows no respectable bounds.

You're a funny guy.

Why do you keep making this thread and antognizing everyone who replies to it? if you like the game so much just play it instead of calling people who disagree with you entitled brats.

>No more helmetless stormtroopers

Oh shit, really? you mean people actually stopped using them or are they gone and deleted forever?

So just because the writing is bad, that means the setting is not fun to mess around in?

I loved every class... except fighting against Droidekas and being an imperial officer.

>>comparing it to Battlefront II
Well, the game IS called Battlefront, so why shouldn't we compare it to previous entries?