I can't do it Cred Forums

i can't do it Cred Forums

this game is genuinely horrifying to me

i cant progress at all past the kelp forest

how do i get over my fear of deep water?

You can do it, user!

where should i even go if not the aurora

You think the kelp forest is bad?
Just wait until you're a thousand meters underwater, trapped in a cave system, in a minisub rapidly running out of power, with no idea how to get back to the surface.

Then you will know fear.

Is it easy to progress in this game without a guide or wiki constantly open on the side?

I'm shit at survival games

Yes, it's really easy man. Enjoy.

'No'

Die and get scared a few times, that'll do.
Courage is like a muscle, gotta exercise it to become a big guy.

The game tells you everything you need to know, which is what i like.
You might need guides to get to the really deep hidden zones of the game, but that's optional and probably one of the last things you'll do in te current state of the game.

Ganbare user! I believe in you.

>start game since wew update
>go collect blue prints
>get the sea glide
>go to that cliff area near the Auroura
>find some Cyclops parts
>just need 1 more
>Reaper sneaks up from behind and kills me

I was not ready for that

Post em if you got em.

How cool are you Cred Forums?

is this play worth play right now? it looks fantastic for early access survival game

I'd say yes, every couple months they release an update with new, major game mechanics.

What did the latest update add?

Sea Dragons

And a new zone

Update before that added in the submersible mech

Just keep playing and go out further inch by inch
The only way to come over a phobia is exposure
You can do it!

yeah and its nearing launch too. I think it'll be reaching 1.0 before the end of the year

It is a very pretty, very cool idea.

Unfortunately, the world is tiny. It gets samey very quickly. There just isn't that much to explore and do. The base building should be cool, but there isn't much to build and you can never see out the windows that well. You reach end-game in a couple hours, and are left with a repetitive world made up of a handful of biomes you can explore in detail to find more stuff you're not interested in because you've already built everything.

What game? I also have a deep sea phobia. I'm curious.

Subnautica

Thanks.

Buy it now so you get the cute fish but play it in January.

I have the same problem

the saddest part is that i have been waiting for soooo long that let´s me explore a alien planet full of intressting looking animals and biomes

if only it was landbased and not made by liberals people that want to disarm me so that I can´t protect myself form islamic terroist

kinda lame that most of the small fish just seem to be normal fish with giant eyes
are there any plans on adding more smaller, none aggressive fish that don´t look so video gamey?

what cute fish?

The cute fish

Hell

never seen it before

But you just did!

Can you eat it?

touchè
meant in game tho

Ran like utter garbage for me the last time I played it. Shame because it ran pretty silky, but it just nosedived recently

Who knows since it's not actually in the game yet, you have to spawn it with the console

Why do people pretend to be scared of this game?

It's the same as people pretending to be terrified of black holes in space engine

They're gonna be removing voxel-based terrain and switching to static terrain in a future update. That should give a pretty massive performance boost.

they sure are biding their fucking time with that

I hope base building gets a lot more love in the next update.

>mfw this is likely related to the Sea Emperor because of the propulsive tentacles trailing behind it

Great game, but technical side still needs work. I would wait with playing until they have fixed performance, because the pop-in is some of the worst I've ever seen in any game.

But as said, the base game is more than decent. Sound design and graphics are pretty good, and the atmosphere is amazing. Only thing that ruins the immersion currently is the pop-in and the frame drops.

Yes and it screams in agony while you are doing that.

He looks friendly, too friendly.

which is something they already know how to fix, just gotta wait for the right update

How do you get stuff like this?

>want to play subnautica
>afraid of deep sea
>want to play a space sim
>afraid of open space

goddamit

>no snippy crab

What's the point

Is there anything down there yet?
Last time I went down there the only thing of interest was the giant skeleton with untextured ribs.

>not suicide charging into the shallows with tons of medkits and shanking every single stalker
>not mass producing thermo blades to purge the seas of your opponants
>not torpedoing everything that moves
Take command of your life user.

You can't anymore, you had to buy the game before it was even officially on steam

It's just a game user, go for it. It beats actually swimming in the open ocean, I'll tell you that much.

I have actually swam in the Atlantic ocean while whale watching off the Canary Isles when I was 17 or 18 years old. Never been so scared in my life as when I looked straight down with my scuba goggles and saw nothing but dark blue. Never again.

Oh, alright. Made me think there would be steam inventory items or something.

I really want to try this game but it still in early access. Any idea when the stable release is coming?

does it still have terrible draw distance?

4u

>Heavy aramid fiber dive suit providing 50% physical protection

game is fun until you get this and seamoth

then you realize every biome is small and shallow and you cant possibly die

Supposed to be by the end of the year

Pop-in is still fairly noticeable

I really hope they'll put a multiplayer

at least a co-op

>he think seamoth is invincible

say hi to warper

It's an autistic basebuilding game. You go to about 200m depth to collect stuff to make a small base and the smaller ship, then about 300-400m to collect stuff to make the cyclops. You see all the terrains, craft all the stuff and wait for the next patch.
If you want story stuff, you find the island, visit Aurora and find all the abandoned bases

Don't listen to this guy. The map is pretty big and has a lot of biomes, a lot of which are hidden deep under the existing ones. With the latest update reaching end-game takes hours because you're forced out of your comfort zone..

Have you found the underwater lava castle with the dragon circling around it?

You mean Reaper? Or can the Warpers damage the sub somehow?

They added two lava zones and the underwater forest. The forest is one part of the giant skeleton area. All of the new areas have fauna everywhere.

Ayylmao storyline is in. Basically the whole planet was terrafromed by ayyylmaos to genetically engineer a creature that produces an enzyme needed to cure a virus in their home planet. Things got messed with the virus spreading everywhere in the planet after the test tube creature broke free, and the aliens died/fucked off. They did set up an AA-gun to blow up any ship trying to leave or enter the planet's atmosphere to prevent the virus from spreading.

I couldnt figure out how to make anything besides the small standard items
So all i was able to do was collect basic shit from the kelp forest
What am i doing wrong?

>Go to Egypt on holiday
>Snorkelling by myself in the Red Sea at 6pm
>Nobody else is swimming, the sun is still out but dropping
>Very peaceful, tons of small tropical fish refracting the sun beams
>It's so boyant and easy to swim, I go about 3/4 of a mile out
>All the small fish can't be seen, you can no longer see the ocean floor
>The light dissolves into nothingness, just black
>Thinking about Subnautica, "If this were the game a huge fucking reaper would just come out now"
>Feeling pretty tired from having swam over an hour, bring my head back up and it feels like I'm miles away from the shore, salt water is getting in my mouth from my cheap shitty snorkel
>Look back down
>Can't stop thinking about if a sea creature just came out of the blackness, I wouldn't be able to grab onto anything
>Start panicking
>Start swimming back to shore, looking down into the blackness, more salt water fills my mouth and starts leaking into my goggles
>What if a fucking shark just came out now
>Look up and I'm miles from shore, out of breath
>The sun has nearly set and it's getting darker and darker
and that's why I hate this game

the cutefish is or rather will be an early adopter companion pet

You have to scan the blueprints you find scattered through the world. They look like small, grey boxes and will be laying on the seabed.

After scanning all prints for a certain item, you can now craft said item.

>looking up while diving
don't do that

lmao pussy

Are these in fixed locations or is it random per playthrough?
Because i played and explored for about 5 hours and didnt find any of these

They're randoms I think, but there's plenties laying around.

Are these still grey safeboxes?
I thought that thing was a placeholder for something else, it looks kinda dumb.

Can't find a single blueprint, where am I meant to look guys? Just started out and I know I'm meant to scan stuff to progress.

Some items are starting to upgrades from that, like the Seamoth fragments which now actually look like Seamoth fragments.

There's some in every biome, it's literally just a grey placeholder box.

The shallows you start in actually has relatively few blueprints. Try and look on the edge of it, near other biomes.
For now, just scan the sea floor and don't go diving into caves until you need to look for crash powder. Everything you need can be made with titanium, quarts, salt, and coral samples (hit a giant coral structure with a knife.)

>Are these in fixed locations or is it random per playthrough?
Exact location is random, but parts will always be in the same general area.

Look for shipwrecks. Almost all blueprints now randomly spawn in or around large shipwrecks. Some like the seamoth and cyclops are randomly scattered around.

inject yourself with shallow water to build up a resistance, then inject deeper and deeper water

I wish there were deeper biomes with less elevation noise.
I like having relatively open water and room to build in grassy plains, but I want to be down deep and dark. There isn't really a happy medium.

Have you went to the Inactive Lava Zone? It's easily the most massive biome and it's located about 1 kilometer deep.

I can get down to the Great Reef (Which looks completely out of place for it's name)

And further then that, and if I hear Leviathans nearby I can't do it.

Yeah I've been down there, the main thing I'm looking for is open air(water). I want to be down so deep the sun can't reach me, but be able to head straight up and hit the surface.

I like Blood Kelp zones the most, but they're not fit to take anything other larger than a Seamoth into, with very little room to build as well.

These things freak me out the most. At least with reapers, you can hear them from a mile away. These fuckers just spring out and lunge at you.

Where the fuck you get other arms for Prawn?

I got Drill and that push/pull cannon but nothing else.

They're only in the one zone at least.

Heh. Was expecting this. Not disappointed.

I sure hope they eventually add an in game mapping sistem because it's quite annoying going around and not knowing where the fuck you are. Other than that it's a great game and still scares the shit out of me some times.

I'm pretty sure there's some sort of map they added in an update awhile ago, some sort of sona thing.

The seamoth has a sonar upgrade and i think you can make a radar/mapping room for your base.