Game Ideas You Crave?

I always wanted a AAA game the exact opposite of NMS or huge open worlds. Like a hyper-detailed microcosm open world. A remote village on an island or surrounded by walls or whatever with only about 20 citizens. But like, with incredible detail that could easily play as long as other RPGs with big worlds.

Before Fallout 4 released, Bethesda bragged how the protagonist had thousands of lines of dialogue but they spread them so thin that it felt worthless. But in a game with only 20 characters you could have hundreds of unique interactions. It could be a murder mystery/paranormal story or just a cozy simulator or some type of action RPG with invaders/foreigners coming to the village. Point is, I want a puddle with the depth of an ocean rather than vice versa. The only games with that world scale are usually not made with the budget or development size of huge games like GTA or Witcher.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=canvascycle gifs&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Totally agree. Shame its not a more marketable idea.

It could totally be but good luck convincing publishers.

an FPS with light RPG elements, focus on exploring and surviving the hostile enviroment,
STALKER was the only good example of that sort of game for me.

What I want is to know how to get these images off the website as moving .gifs

Stardew Valley has a rather small but detailed world. Maybe not as detailed as you'd want, but it's the closest I can think of.

Warren Spector once said:
>I’d rather do something that’s an inch wide and a mile deep than something that’s a mile wide and an inch deep

le open world is bad meme.

Not saying it's bad but I want a game with super depth.

A gun autism game where you can fully dissemble, clean, replace parts in and fight with various firearms. Kinda like World of Guns but in a STALKER-esc game with team co-op.

I used to want a good wilderness survival like the old TFT custom games that used to get hosted all the time.

And then a bunch of early access ones came out and they all fucked up at it.

Honestly Star Citizen is doing all the things I've ever wanted.

Most notably being a space sim where you can step out of the ship itself and go around in a FPS style setup seamlessly.
And then on top of that having the freedom to move around in space as well as transition down to planets without just "docking" with the planet.

And so far the only one to scratch that itch was Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter.
And thus I wait on baited breath to see if Star Citizen will actually be something instead of just an idea.

An APRG with the Hellraiser license.

Another Blood game in the style of the first.

clock town in majora's mask is really comfy

>without just "docking" with the planet.
That's still the case with populated planets with designated cities/landing zones

google.com/search?q=canvascycle gifs&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ

Well fuck, guess it's back to the dream box for my idea.

That was basically Morrowind, ironically one of the codifiers of the modern open-world game format. That's what 'open world' games always should have been. Frankly I blame Rockstars 'HD Universe' GTA games philosophy (which have had a lot of different problems all adding up to forgettable worlds, not any one particular thing) and Ubisoft/Cryteks heinous bullshit (basically mobile-tier skinner box core gameplay, just with each level split out and the whole lot scattered randomly over a huge map) for bringing us to the current state where there are genuinely no memorable WORLDS coming from 'open world' games.

Where the fuck do i even get this game its like the ultimate treasure hunt

This. Great ideas, OP.

I would like it if developers occasionally patched-in secret locations, items, enemies and Easter eggs into their game worlds, even years after release when all the FAQs have been written and abandoned. Too bad there's no incentive for devs and publishers to do this; they already have your money.

Are you one of those "idea guys", OP?

If your idea is either
1) so vague that needs to be described with metaphors or
2) needs 10 years of development to pull off, but you have no prior experience to do so,
then it's probably not a good idea.

Also, what you're describing is Pathologic, knock yourself out.

You would have adored Star Wars Galaxies. It is exactly what you wanted. It is dead now.

I want more games where you are tiny like in chibi robo but with Ass creed climbing and maybe some more 3d platforming.

Wow I think just reading this post gave me autism.
Are you illiterate?
>dream game
Go think about that meaning of this you miscarriage and go down yourself after that

I did.

I would have preferred a less RPG-ish fair for the ground combat in my perfect world though.
But Jump to Lightspeed was fantastic.
Then the CU hit.

I remember once I got roped into a 200+ player RP event about rescuing someone from the Theed palace.
I had no clue what was going on so I just hid in a corner and healed everyone who came by since I was a Doctor.

Not even Chris Roberts is insane enough to try and make entire planets with numerous full sized cities completely free roam

The old "100 systems, 400 landing zones" claim was already pushing it

>tfw youll never fly over a city while upside down while walking around your ship enjoying a drink just because you can again

There aren't enough games that let you handcuff beautiful women, while also being amazing games all-around like pic related.

Calm down, user.

What's the point of a dream game, if you can't play it?

Dragon Age 2

Yakuza 0 and 6

Honestly I haven't played the game unfortunately but wasn't Shen Mu supposed to be something akin to this?

vn/dating sim with furry girls

Shenmue

I've been waiting for something similar. A closed space game with depth. A castle or mansion with byzantine intricacy and "lost cellars/flats" or a fantasy city in a mountain side with a few different districts and build in several layers of varying age and design, as you work your way up and try to gain access to new areas (Think of Skyrim's Markath on a bigger scale). Instead of autogenerated-looking mountains and plains, we get a comparatively small hand crafted area filled with interesting people, who have a reason to be there, other than being a peasant to fill the scenery. 2 games that managed to give me that closed space feeling were Ultima Underworld 2 and Arx Fatalis. Would be nice to dsee a modern take on that kind of setting with wondrous sights that make you eager to uncover all its secrets.

He wrote "detailed", not "copy pasted", though. The concept of DA2 was great, the execution was lazy to the point of being offensive.

I like the idea, OP.

I had a similar one where the game was based on a hyper-detailed island where you uncover it's mysteries. The island wouldn't, however, have any characters and it would be a puzzle mystery akin to the Myst games. But instead of being a walking simulator like "They've all gone to the rapture" you'd have gameplay elements where you combine items and get gadgets that improve your mobility and understanding of the island.

Endgame would be heavily based on the mythology of the island. You find, for example, a library filled with studies, journal entries and history of the island and it's past inhabitants. You'd build your own house complete with an observatory, library, sandbox play area, music room, map room, a cinema where you watch films recorder on the island, puzzle room / mini game arcade. Endgame would also feature gadgets you could create like a glider and scuba gear to further enjoy the island from another perspective.

The idea is to uncover a mystery on the island and to get rewarded for it in endgame. I hate games where the endgame is a cycle of -> beat boss -> get better weapons to beat meaner boss -> get ultimate weapon -> own everything

>so vague that needs to be described with metaphors or

You have no idea what a metaphor is, do you? A simile is not a metaphor.

Those games were in the right direction but yeah, I just want Rockstar to come out and be like "Yeah we made a game with a map the size of literally Armadillo in Red Dead but we went fully autistic in it."

I always hated discovering a beautiful or intriguing town in Bethesda games and hearing the same dialogue over and over as people do nothing, and surrounding that interesting place is miles of nothing but filler....

I never intended for it ever come to fruition. In my mind, with little to no serious thought, a very small but extremely detailed open world excites me.

Perhaps Gothic?

A game where you build a lab. It can start off small and shitty and expand into high tech half life 1 or Weyland yutani tied. You build the base, set safety systems in place, manage the staffs and run tests.

I would also like a game where you play as an overseer or some such for the combine, creating patrol routes, raiding apartment blocks, managing citizenry, setting rights, responding to threats, etc etc.

I will literally never have these games

>AAA
Why not try autism simulators instead? Space Station 13 comes pretty close to what you described on a good round anyway although it does look like shit.
You're not a pleb, are you?

Watch Escape from Tarkov closely then.

PRIVATE MILITARY COMPANIES.
Please, anything where you play a merc xcom style that isn't like 10 years old like Jaggy.

Well that's the wishful part of my dream game. It'd be a game of small scope without the compromise of no voice actors or """"""""""bad""""""""" graphics or whatever.

There's nothing wrong about people coming up with ideas that are not good from the point of view of businessmen. These people used to make games we remember 20 years after, the latter make games that we forget 20 days after, like DXMD.

Seeing all these shitty dream game ideas, no wonder the industry is where it is