50 dollarydoos for this piece of trash

>50 dollarydoos for this piece of trash

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/app/375230
forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/this-is-a-message-for-all-warhammer40k-fans.57370/
youtube.com/watch?v=zdbyYNG_kgI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The models look like shit, it's horribly unbalanced, a lot of the voice acting is poorly done and doesn't fit with the characters, the game is still incomplete and it's poorly optimized. That's not even including the fact that it's a far cry from what was promised a year ago.
For all intents and purposes, this game is still in early access stages in terms of content and gameplay. How the hell did they have the audacity to release it now?

To tell the truth, the worse part is how every unit runs.

Check how the orks run.

the kill the community and move on to the next project

the project is a waste of time. its never going to be good

its better to just release the trash and stop wasting the devs time

Why are there so few good WH40k games?

because the fanbase is desperate

theiy're like house wives in a domestic abuse case; they want to BELIEVE that something good will come along and eat any promise of a decent game, while the devs throw out shit and say "eat it or no more war hammer games".

The fan base is so desperate, they eat said shit in the hope that some big company will come across these shit eaters and make a decent game from all the shit. the reality is that the devs see these chumps eating this shit while pretending to like it, and just make more shit for them to eat.

>only people left are the clans that flock to the OP faction of the month
>matchmaking is either nonexistant or there are so little people playing you will always either face a clan or be against a clan if you solo q
>matches therefore are always a stomp and you can clearly tell from the first few minutes which side will win effotlessly and which side shouldn't even bother to try

>tfw we will never get a 40k game of any genre that accurately captures the scale of battles as described in the lore

>tfw we will never get a rogue trader 40k game
>tfw we got an Eisenhorn game and it's shit

I blame the (((publishers) Cred Forums they wanted to release it already so the devs had to release it in this state

Pretty much the same with space sims. They're all pretty weak but people take what they can get.

>no rogue trader game made in the same style as the new Shadowruns

Shut up, faggot.
Actually 40K has a pretty good track record in terms of videogames, considering what it is.

Dawn of War was a fluke and if that never existed the WH franchises would have had a much tinier profile in vidyo games today

Why did they shit all over dawn of war by making dawn of war 2?

>DOW
>DOW 2
>Space Marine
>Regicide
>fire warrior
They've all been good except for fire warrior. Even regicide is good for what it is.

>foreverially tiedup and loving it

The most infuriating part is they could blatantly rip off other games like wargame or sup com or homeworld or deus ex for an inquisitor game or mech warrior or planetside or red orchestra but they never do it.

i suspect GW wants too much of the revenue so the better devs walk. the number of no-name indies producing licensed 40k titles is actually pretty shocking considering how much recognition the IP has. it's like if the Tolkien estate was handing out LotR licenses to random greenlight shitters

Where are those 70k owners at?

steamspy.com/app/375230

They gave the rights for Warhammer to EA, who burned them. They gave the rights for 40k to THQ, who closed down. I can understand why they feel they can live without a major investment in video games at this point.

That being said, this strategy gives indie devs the chance to finally make it big like with DEATHWING.

This came out?

Makes sense. They are some serious money-grubbing cunts. The models have gotten horribly overpriced.

>i suspect GW wants too much of the revenue so the better devs walk
I knew the jews were behind this.

The models were always horribly overpriced.

Didn't Total War: Warhammer do really well? It wasn't 40k, but...

I thought the Orks were supposed to be the F2P faction

>tfw we'll never get rid of the meme that all 40k is is legions of a bazillion Space Marines and 400,000 Titans fighting enough Tyranids to fill up a Hive City five times over every day of the week

If you want a clusterfuck and epic scale, go play UA

Why are people still surprised that this game is shit?
Look at the devs' track record for fucks sake. They make nothing but shovelware trash like pic related.

It sold less than atilla.
WH cant into vidya

This desu.
I want the 40k from the dan abnett novels. Brutal, but not completely suspension of disbelief destroying.

buyers remorse lvl 40k
>game is shit but pls don't put negative review or people won't buy this shit game and it will die, pls feed those greedy devs even more to allow them scam more people

forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/this-is-a-message-for-all-warhammer40k-fans.57370/

Because there were 40k vidyafans who desperately wanted EC to be good, despite all the warning signs. They deserve to be burned, quite honestly; and no amount of common sense will save them.

>I want the 40k from the dan abnett novels
So you don't want 40k

I'd love either that or a co-op third person action/shooter hybrid Ciaphas Cain game where your friend can play as Jurgen.

>choice, consequences and bullshitting system with your superiors
>being able to waifu Amberley Vail
>taunts and executions that can buff any friendlies around you

youtube.com/watch?v=zdbyYNG_kgI

>I want the 40k from the dan abnett novels

His early Tanith stuff was good but eventually got incredibly boring. You can tell he just does not care for certain elements of the setting, and as a result his work stops being 40k and starts being "WW2 in space."

Source?

>ignoring Epic 40K Final Liberation
>ignoring Chaos Gate
>ignoring Space Marine
>ignoring Space Hulk Ascension
>ignoring Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
Oh fuck off, you need to be older than 18 to post on this website.

>he's holding a literal flashlight
oh lord.

I think you mean WWI in space, just look at land raiders and early WWI tanks

>no Dark Omen

Dark Omen is FB not 40K.
>Doesn't even mention Shadow of the Horned Rat
You disgust me

>throwing a grenade at a C'tan shard
unless you have plot armor like Sicarius then that is basically suicide

>I think you mean WWI in space

No, definitely WW2. Aerial dog fights, airborne insertions, massive tank battles, missions deep behind enemy lines, high profile assassinations, resistance fighters - all the stuff you'll see in shitty WW2 genre fiction.

The Tanith series loses a lot of the value of the setting when xenos and chaos are ignored in favor of "normal guys vs normal guys but with weird elements sometimes." Abnett decided to dial back the crazyness, but down-to-earth 40k is fucking boring.

>grenade

C'mon now.

>that op

Ah I see, thank you for explaining.

WAIT WAIT WAIT HOL HOL UP HOLD UP
Wasnt it was supposed to be F2P, where F2P are orks, paying are marines and eldar are devs?

This is a shitty version of space marine multiplayer.

I'm pretty sure that was just an idea people were kicking around when this game got announced ages ago.

This """"""game""""""makes Mechwarrior Online look good and makes Piggy devs look relatively competent, let that sink in.

Not anymore

He doesn't have one

So basically they made shittier planetside 2?

>kicking around
Ork boyz were supposed to be the free race, and you could be a Nob if you had paid, along with all the other races.

Except it's now lobby based like Bf.

Basically

>Particularly good dream about sisters of battle

But aren't all Astartes genetically engineered not to feel sexual desire?

you can't make a game shittier than ps2

As a Warhammer fan, accurate

It's even worse if you play tabletop

I swear GW really loves us though ;_;

It's been a goal in development up until a few months ago

They basically backpedalled on loads of stuff, some of which they have implemented, but the game is a long way from (read: will probably never become) the Plantetside 2-esque MMO mass murder simulator the devs were hyping it as for years.

don't assume it's sexual, maybe they were purging heretics together and having a good time?

GW loves money and you know it. They only see you as their money tree.

>this joke edit conflicts with canon!

You don't say?

Space Hulk: Deathwing might b good

Wasn't this meant to have a F2P aspect?

I thought it was real

desu PS2 is still fun if you get into an organized force and start rampaging across the map, but i don't really care about balance as a whole because you are an army, not a collection of magical superhumans

Ah I see, they probably backpeddled it because they couldnt figure out how to get it to work and be worthwhile playing the free slots, also money drying up.

How the fucking hard would it be to make a Band of Brothers clone with IG

Seriously just fucking

Aagghhh

Or Republic Commando with Kasarkins

>Final mission is your entire squad vs one CSM

i'm gonna ask the same question i ask about every warhammer game

CAN
I
PLAY
AN
ORK
YET?

>he does not care for certain elements of the setting
Yea you will often forget gaunts ghosts is a 40k series (apart from a few lazy name switches, caffeine instead of coffee for example) but he has his moments where he absolutely hits spot on while still allowing the universe to stand up to scrutiny.

>Heresy_bait.jpg

Yes, but why would you play this shit

Yes but it's shit

dollarydoos for this piece of trash

>waited 3 years for this
>supposed f2p mode as orkz
>its a lie and there just milking retards for 50 bucks a pop until they lose the 40k license 5 months from now as was leaked.......
anyone who buys this or funded it is LITERALLY retarded.

Yes, apparently that was the last milestone the devs wanted to reach before launch

Tho this just confirms they will not make any tremendous changes to how the game works right now. I seriously can't imagine the current engine handling Planetside levels of battles.

Imagine you're playing SWAT4
Imagine you're leading a squad of Kaskrins through a Chaos cultist building in the city
Imagine you're gradually clearing out the place, freeing the hostages

Now imagine, suddenly, Chaos horrors. Everywhere. In the ceiling. In the ground. In all the rooms. In your ass. Everywhere.
Oh, and now imagine you've lost complete control of all your squadmates as they're booking it for the exits in vain.
Thats why it doesn't work.

yeah i just watched a video and it seemed very un-orky

how disappointing. none in vermintide and they fucked them up in total war too, they just run away from everything

orks haven't been done right since dow

>Now imagine, suddenly, Chaos horrors

They pop out, you shoot them. Then you find the sorcerer doing the summoning and shoot him too. Chaos daemons being unbeatable is a meme.

plus, not every cultist sorcerer can call up gigga nigga daemons, most of them are pretty amateur and at best they'll summon low end daemon fodder.

I mean, if I was a kickass chaos daemon, why would I ever come to the beck and call of some weakling shitter of no importance?

nobody has said anything about the maps here, but ohboy arent the few maps in the game shit

>mfw reading all that bullshit by OP
>mfw he starts talking about himself being alpha Legionnaire

Well most people don't seem to be taking that poor bait so that was a pleasant surprise.

The OP is probably a dev isn't it.

i want you user

in bed with me
naked
we're both girls right?

Good post faglord.

I got it back when it was in Early Access for $10, haven't really played it since.

are you jealous user? you can't join us

So what you mean is...it is DoW fault for being a good game that we have shitty 40k games now? Why not simply blame the true culprits and blame GW for their laziness and greediness?

I think its one of the better Total Wars, the devs are putting out content monthly with the wood elves on the way, its not perfect, but its good with the potential to be great

I still remember that interview about why they didn't put the tyranids in DoW.

>"Yeah well we really want to honor the faction and the DoW engine wouldn't be able to work with the massive number that the Tyranids use to fight, man they have like billions MAN."

And they release a sequel that was a reskin of company of heroes where you control not even half the units that DoW had and put the Tyranids, it was a FUCK YOU so big that I only could laugh.

GW is incredibly paranoid that a videogame set in the universe might impact their miniature sales negatively.

I wouldn't be surprised if they actively restrict the projects that they do allow to be made with their IP.

Soon, my legs will be OK once more

>There will never be an Imperial Guard Game having the new name of Astra Militarum would be okay too where you must hold the line against the enemies of man
>You will never see the Guardsmen/women chit chat on the way down to being deployed or shouting over the sounds of a WAAAGH or the squittering of Tyranids
>You will never see the lives of the bravest men and women of the Imperium honored in a fully realized Brothers in Arms like game
>You will never grow attached to a Qt.314 from an aggro world who came to fight since she was told the safety of her land was as stake.
>You will never reassure her that she will be back in time to help Pa with the harvest, for you see, he's old and all alone now
>You will never see her ripped in twain by a Nid moments before your own character gets murdered.

They hame their writers check the script and lore of the game so noncanon shit like female marines and shit like that wont get made into the game

>Shooter like BF:BC2
>IG vs Traitor Guard

Recipe for printing money.

you gain brouzouf

That's sensible, but what I meant is that they might outright state that no more than two factions should be represented in the game. I'm actually surprised that Battlefleet has as many races in it as it does, but then again, BF is not a very popular TT, either.

forgot my pic

>legit and literal game of the year
>fluke

Soon Brothers.

They do not do it like that anymore. The way they do it now is that you come to them with your game idea, how you are going to make it and what license rights you need for it. Then they either greenlight it with conditions like having their writer help in the game script. Deathwing for example wont have orks or chaos in it atleast for now because they only asked license for the old Space hulk game that only has genestealers in it. THey had to negotiate bit more to get hybrids into it.

>I want 40k that goes against the introductory blurb of the whole universe

What part of "There is only war" is unclear to you?

>You will never reassure her that she will be back in time to help Pa with the harvest

>lying to your squadmates

You can't go home again.

>you gain thrones
>you gain thrones
>your legs are broken
>you gain thrones

>bullshit! ultra-failed attack

>your legs are ok
>you gain thrones

instant GOTY

the only accident i fear will be genestealer heads falling into a vat of acid with me hanging their fucking moron faces as sanguinala decorations

What the fuck am i reading

doing a terminator playthrough atm
heavy armor only, minigun (assault cannon), HS010 (storm bolter), damocles (power sword), etc

play on monoltih with reinforcements set to max and no spawn limit, it's like I'm really in a space hulk being overrun by genestealers and chaos monsters

I was actually playing Minos the other day, using Sulfatum and mowing down Metastreums thinking how great it'd be if Deathwing played like this

we can hope user

Is this just vermintide but 40k? Vermintide got boring fucking fast.

vermintide really is just L4D with more emphasis on melee (even though it feels really basic)
also ludicrous amount of grinding and a loot system, which was a mistake