Why is this game so shit?

Why is this game so shit?

Graphics are like atari games.

Factions are boring as fuck.

Combat system is retarded as fuck since it keeps you fighting against 4 enemies when you can't have a companion to defend you.

Plot has nothing new after all those RPGs.

I like isometric Rpg's and difficult games but this one is uninspiring ugly shit. Any good RPGs to play?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/250520/announcements/detail/660145596971669169
lmgtfy.com/?q=dungeons and dragons
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think the graphics are bad because they wanted to save money or something its the dame deal with dead state

I like it.

I think it's more because game was in development for like a decade and everyone working on it part-time until the last two years or so.

>dat feel when lead dev quit a cushy marketing executive job to work on video games

that too both dead-state and AoD have been going on for a long time.

Have you played Underrail?

Less storyfagging, more exploration, and combat system is fucking brilliant

>Why is this game so shit?
It's not
>Graphics are like atari games.
2D might have been better, but it might have been more expensive as well. If graphics was your issue the game would have never been on your radar in the first place.
>Factions are boring as fuck.
Objectively false.
>Combat system is retarded as fuck since it keeps you fighting against 4 enemies when you can't have a companion to defend you.
git gud
>Plot has nothing new after all those RPGs.
Plot is fantastic. You probably ragequit after accepting good offers from complete strangers.

Here's your (You). Don't spend it all at once.

game is shit. deal with it

git gud

OP is obviously trolling because AoD is one of the greatest RPGs of the past two decades.

>Combat system is retarded as fuck since it keeps you fighting against 4 enemies when you can't have a companion to defend you.

Wouldn't that be more of a criticism of the difficulty of the combat scenarios rather than the combat system itself?

I like the game but the factions are a bit boring. Great concept but the game is a bit on a bland-side contentwise.

>Playing Age of Codex

why

It's not even that. It started in RPG Codex game of the year voting and came second. The butthurt of the fanboys was delicious.

I've meant to say that it was in the voting.

>Less storyfagging
The reason I dropped it.

>Game is called Age of Decadence
>No actual decadence to be found anywhere.
>everyone is poor and miserable as fuck including the aristocrats

Should have been called Age of Poverty

t. developer

It's actually great, you just have shit taste. It's the best RPG released since New Vegas.

>Lisa
>Citizens of Earth
>Underrail

I liked those more. Age of Decadance could have been better without the flaws I pointed out.

Everytime.

Storyfags are the worst.

Story is merely one of the many elements of RPGs, not the most important one. Underail has great setting, lore and worldbuilding, story is Fallout 1 tier- it's there only as a driving force.

This. Good story means dogshit if you have a retarded try-hard combat system.

I waited for it for a long time and hoped it would be something like fallout 1&2 and then it released. And it seems it gained a bunch of literally fanboys in a moment because those people, they are not really rpg-fans like they claim to be they are fanboys because they sperg over any criticism of AoD. And the game has lots of flaws and tries os hard jesus christ. Same with wasteland and pillars of eternity - mediocre games but somehow it's the gratest rpgs of the last two decades and better than baldur's gate and icewind dale. Didn't play underrail can't say anything.

rpgcodex please go

Was hesitant to play it first since the flaws people pointed out made it seem like some CYOA game and not an RPG, but after restarting once and chosing a (only slightly) different character I'm having quite a lot of fun, there's a lot to do in the second town and there's bunch of secrets you won't immediatly notice in the first, too. I think the game is pretty good and I'm excited to try out Underrail after beating this one once. Sometimes I don't feel like reading the walls of texts but you can literally walk away from storytellers and what not so it's not a big deal.

Underrail is the only worth it to play, believe me, amazing game.

then you have an absolute shit taste

You have it wrong. Combat in AoD is solid, the story and characters are meh. Making the game choice-heave meant making each play-through pretty short which means that none of the characters was very fleshed-out.
The best playthroughs are Asassin and Imperial Guardian because being a diplomat/loremaster feels like playing a pretty bland and edgy COA.

Min/Max:the game.

>edgy COA
This. I don't get it how people thin the writing was good and not cringy as hell.

The game is called that because it took a decade to make. Get it? DECADEnce!

is dead state shit

Not shit but not very good too. Somewhat boring but if you have nothing else to do it's worth playing 5-6 hours. State of decay is more simple and action oriented but also more fun to play.

I didn't find it cringy. Just a bit edgy and bland. Everyone is constantly scheming and trying to fuck people over or murder someone or is just a prick. And I mean everyone.
I get it that the game was supposed to be hardcore and the world was supposed to be grim, but even in the first Fallouts or Bloodlines there are honestly good and helpful NPCs. Even in fucking grim movies there are decent people if only to make the crooks stand-out more.
To be honest it actually makes the game less grim in the process because if everyone is an asshole, then all the assholes can do is to make other assholes suffer, which in turn makes everything they do lose impact. Why should I care that the imperial guard kills Meru if he's just a crazy religious nut? Why should I care that I betray Feng if he's just a greedy asshole? Why should I care if Lord Gaelius gets killed or not if both he and the conspirators are just power-hungry crooks? Why should I care if some ancient God enslaves humanity if all of them are just bastards?

>I waited for it for a long time and hoped it would be something like fallout 1&2
Where did you even get that idea from?

The only way in which AoD resembles Fallout is combat. Other than that it's pretty unique.

If you want play something like fallout 1&2, play Underrail. I would even dare to say it's arguably better.

user I meant the gameplay.

Underrail is a bit more gamey than Fallout. With special abilities, cooldowns, no reason not to dump stats you aren't using etc.
IMO the worldbuilding is a bit worse, the exploration is vastly superior, the combat is much, much, much better, the writing and characters are at least a grade worse, music is worse and graphics depend on the taste, but I liked FO better.
It's certainly worth a try, but people going in expecting Fallout, but better might be disappointed.

Underrail is fucking trash nigger

FUCK YOU

Underrail is great. I especially liked that moment when where you are asked to do something and agree to do that you actually walk to the place and there are places in between instead of being suddenly teleported into a mob of angry niggers.

Game has a shit interface and it makes me hate playing it

They fixed it.

You mean this:

steamcommunity.com/games/250520/announcements/detail/660145596971669169

Pretty sure they didn't fix my problems with it.

THEY FIXED EVERYTHING

But seriously what issues?

Gameplay is the sum of all the game elements.
Combat is not the only one.

It's like saying Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale are exactly the and that if you like either of them you will certainly like the other one.

What's your problem them?

I never get people who complain about interface and can't play the game because of it. It's such a small and insignificant part of the game.

It just doesn't feel right. Especially compared to Fallout

Wasteland 2 DC came out pretty recently and its interface was pretty nice. Played all the way through.

Someone told me that arx fatalis is like grimrock+gothic games and I should try it.

I don't think anyone can help you if the problems are your feelings. Sure interface is nothing like Fallout, but in Fallout you carried a simpack, 2-3 guns, some quest items, and some mob trash. Here you carry multiple guns and armor parts, a bunch of different restoratives (healing, mana or whatever, adrenaline), shields, schematics, and shitload of crafting items. FO interface just wouldn't work.
It's actually a modern Ultima Underworld if that means anything to you. It's like Gothic in a way that it's a third person action RPG and like Grimrock in a way that it's about dungeoneering. It plays nothing like either of them.

>Underrail is a bit more gamey than Fallout.
Well it is a game after all.

>With special abilities, cooldowns
While it's not a realistic system, it's a good system that allows good and easy balancing all across the board.

Sure, you could balance psi abilites by introducing ome kind of drawback to using them too frequently, you could balance grenades by making them harder to find, but such balance is very fragile and harder to implement since you need a completly different system for each and every thing in the game.

Not to mention, realistic system would require realistic AI that can take advantage of them.

>no reason not to dump stats you aren't using etc.
So exactly like in Fallout 1&2?

Let's not kid ourselves. There was literally no reason to set STR higher than 6 on any build because of power armor, high INT was always desired (unless you were doing a dumb run), high AGI was almost a requirement, CHA was largely irrelevant in F1.

Fallout stats were not perfect either.

>It's certainly worth a try, but people going in expecting Fallout, but better might be disappointed.
Yeah, I'm not saying it's "Fallout but better". It's only similar.

>Here you carry multiple guns and armor parts, a bunch of different restoratives (healing, mana or whatever, adrenaline), shields, schematics, and shitload of crafting items. FO interface just wouldn't work.

Holy crap Underrail sucks based on that description. Reminds me of this game

Honestly if you're a fan of bad interfaces and nonsensical design and stats that don't make sense, you should play this

>Holy crap Underrail sucks based on that description.
>plethora of varied gear is bad
Elaborate.

KISS

keep it simple, stupid

But I am 100% serious, if you like Underrail you should try Bloodnet.

>So exactly like in Fallout 1&2?

Getting any stat besides CHAR to one could fuck you up.

As for the other stuff, I'm not saying that the game is bad, just that someone who enjoyed Fallout don't necessary has to find UR enjoyable.

The interface is actually good for that amount of equipment. Everything is neatly laid-out, there are equipment categories and stuff. It's actually a bit like Morrowind.

FO interface wouldn't work because inventory in FO was just a long line of pictures, so finding anything with that interface would take forever in UR.

I made the game to be more complex than it is. The equipment management is like I've said before is somewhat on Morrowind's level.

Underrail is simple, just not Fallout levels of simple which isn't exactly the RPG standard. Some things like using the hacking items have one or two unnecessary steps added in there but it's kinda neat because it makes sense and adds to the immersion/feeling of agency.

Also, I will try Bloodnet. Nothing makes me more excited than playing a gay, cyberpunk, vampire wizard, detective and from the cover I think that's the MC.

Some of the avatars you can pick for your character are fucking amazing. (I don't even want to post any so you can see them yourself. I'll just say: NIGGA VAMPIRE)

What character should I make for the first run in underrail?

Your understanding of KISS principle is wrong.

It doesn't say you should deliberately limit the functionality and amount of options to keep things simple. Things should be kept as simple as possible without sacrificing anything.

What, do you also think the military should go back to bolt action rifles, get rid of aircraft or even go all the way to primitive caveman technology because it's simpler? That's not how it works.

Underrail has a wide variety of gear, options and builds, but the whole game is as simple as it gets. It's not convoluted for the sake of being convoluted.

Whatever you want as long as you follow common sense.

The best way is to loko at the feats, see which ones you owuld like to get, set your stats accordingly and put any leftover points into your main stat, i.e PER for guns/crossbows, STR for sledgehammmer melee, DEX for knife melee etc.

Yeah well I remember making electronic weapons char in FO1 when I first played it. How should I know that's almost none of it in the first half of the game.

>make a combat system where you rarely miss but instead get reduced damage/duration
>enemies attacks inflict status effect on hit
Fighting spirits/phantom in pillars of eternity is a huge pain in the ass

game was fun, for a couple playthroughs
Preferred Underrail though, felt like the gameplay had more depth
How's Serpent in the Staglands? Came upon it a while ago, seems playable enough.

I only played 10 hours: My problem is (and always was, but I guess I was hoping for it not to be shit) the RTWP combat system and the fact that there are too many trash mobs. Also I wasn't really impressed or sure what to do with the magic system, except for having free heals after combat. I think if RTWP doesn't annoy you, you might enjoy it a lot

The main problem with PoA is that it relies too much on sending tank to lure enemies and bashing them with DPS with healer providing support. Make every fucking combat except ghosts and enemies who use teleportation exactly the same. And not getting xp for combat makes it a chore. Can't say that I didn't have some fun with this game, but I absolutely don't want to replay it.

Sorry, for some reason I thought you were talking about Pillars of Eternity.

>too many trash mobs
Fuck, this kills games for me. Pillars was the same thing, so much so that a single mention of trash mobs makes people think you're talking about that game, like

I liked it to the part but then difficulty ramped up and I had to kill like 5 dudes at same time

Then go play Uncharted and Tomb Raider. Or even better, just "play" some visual novels. Or watch a movie, read a book, whatever.

Don't play RPGs

Isn't it because decadence is what fucked them up in the first place?

>i think rpgs started with baldur's gate or weaboo shit

I played DnD back when son. The stories I played were usually bad and corny as fuck, but the actual roleplaying is what made it great. That and the social interaction. I do miss that with computer RPGs.

Not the case in Underrail.

Yeah, we all remember those great story-driven oldchool RPGs like Wizardry or M&M.

Get real, old RPGs were shitty dungeon crawlers.

>RPG's started with vidya!
get a load of this guy

Name one (1) RPG that predates Vidya.

lmgtfy.com/?q=dungeons and dragons

Objectively false:
Dungeons & Dragons (1974)
Vidya (1948)

>number_in_words (number)

>thread with discussion relevant to your interests
>have to leave for a while
>by the time you return and finish your reply the thread is dead
Fuckin' hell. At times like this I remember why Cred Forums is the absolutely worst place for lore discussion. But just to put my autism at ease I'm going to do the gayest thing possible, and reply to a post from two days ago. Fuck it all.

Certainly a possibility, but it also seems obvious that he was specifically waiting for you. He interviewed you, it's his tests you passed, and the earthquake happens on the night you get accepted to SGS and move in. I wonder how much of this was calculated. He essentially created a fairly safe and isolated training area for you.

Nah, I don't think the earthquake was meant to kill Six directly, especially since at that point he wasn't even nearby yet. The earthquake happens before the invasion starts, and Six came to investigate the invasion itself. And the invasion itself started because of the earthquake. The Faceless didn't know where the Cube was, and had no idea the theft had anything to do with Tanner, or even who Tanner was. Without the earthquake the Cube would have reached him safely, because as long as it is in the metal box it cannot be tracked. Only because it got into the hands of someone who was completely clueless about what he found and removed it from the box could the Facless pinpoint its location and start the invasion. And this is when Six arrives to look into what is going on. So no earthquake, no box opening, no invasion, no Six. Although the fact that he investigates by checking out places that have the stasis pod terminals is interesting. He checks two out of the three terminal spots, and he misses the third for obvious reasons. But for what purpose? He knows he won't find Tanner in them, he has been tracking him in Underrail for a long time, and he himself said that Tanner has been active during that time.

Nah, what I'm saying is that Tanner thinks in events and outcomes as much as Six, this we know for sure. Just to name a few examples where he made this obvious: "That is a very unfortunate outcome of that event", "There are multiple events I need you to take part in" or "multiple unexpected events took place". If he wanted to kill Six, then he wanted to Cube to reach Tchort. But the role you play makes little sense, unless like Six, he too wanted to ensure your participation in the future event that is most likely going to take place in North Underrail.

But it is also possible that he simply miscalculated somewhere. Six only sees possible outcomes and their likeliness to happen, and because of this he can make mistakes by trying to influence things for a specific outcome. The same must be true for Tanner. Maybe he really did want you to retrieve the Cube. Maybe the earthquake was caused by an unknown third party, or it was a comlpete and unexpected coincidence.

His pod most definitely was what leeched most of the energy. But as Harold mentioned, there was one single spike, during the earthquake, that ended up draining most of their batteries. Which were, by the way, BioCorp tech they don't know how to create anymore. Coincidence that alien tech would draw power from such a source? But of course we don't know what powers (or powered) BioCorp University's West Wing and Oculus.

Now I'm finally free.