Name a worse reviewer. You literally can't

Name a worse reviewer. You literally can't

The absolute vast majority of them are worse than Yahtzee.

>reviewer

he's a critic who does things for laughs

Honestly, what's the fucking difference

there is none
he's just a fedorawearing le i hate video games man

he hasn't worn the fedora since his previous gf broke up with him and he reviewed sims 3 very angrily

>that autistic rant of his when he couldn't understand why someone wouldn't vote the game they enjoyed the most in a year as the best game of the year

>I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

Mildly Upset Pedro

He's pretty ok outside of Zero Punctuation, especially when there's people bringing up counterpoints to his stupid leaps of logic.

His reviews are pretty spot on. I've yet to find one I really take issue with, closest would be Alien Isolation.

Sometimes he makes some good points though.

i like him. his humour is getting stale for me tho but the thing with his reviews is you can easily tell if they're worth listening to or not. he'll let you know if he only played half the game because he fucking hated it and his whole rant will be colored by said hatred or whatever. he's good because if you know what to listen for he's actually on point

yahtzee was in the right there, he asked for gabe's GOTY which simply means his favourite game of that year. nothing else

I like the ZPs where he shits on games I like, that's the only time I find him funny and interesting. The rest of the time he's boring and retarded, but I've only seen ZP and read some EP, dunno what else he does.

Oh and his games are shit.

>DUDE RANDOM LMAO
>he doesnt review the games
>IM A CYNICAL GUY
>LE PEESEE MASTERRACE XD
>(((Yahtzee)))
>people shilling him on here

we all know DSP is OUR GUY!!

His reviews are more entertainment than actual review, which is intentional. I consider it to be fine as long as you can tell the difference.

>GOTY which simply means his favourite game of that year

No, your favorite game of the year does not necessarily mean it's the game you believe is the best one released in the year.

My favorite game so far in 2016 is The Bunker - a two hour long FMV game. Although I enjoy it greatly, there are many games with far more gameplay, depth, content, design, etc that I believe deserve a GOTY nod ahead of it.

no. asking for someone's game of the year is synonmyous with asking for their favourite game of the year. you're being really fussy over semantics if you think they are two different things. do not reply to this post. i am correct

Have you not seen the glut of pretentious, effeminate white guys on youtube talking for extremely long amounts of times about video games, whilst also having no shred of personality whatsoever? He at least has some personality and keeps his videos at a reasonable length, so he really can't be the worst however you look at it

>asking for someone's game of the year is synonmyous with asking for their favourite game of the year

Seeing as you and I have conflicting interpretations this shows you it isn't.

Reviewers focus on specific games. Critics deal with trends in the industry, companies, processes ect.

He's definitely more critic and less reviewer.

Why would you say that a game which has more of something is better than a game you enjoyed more? Is it just more of the "reviews must be objective, so you can't enjoy things" bullshit?

>Why would you say that a game which has more of something is better than a game you enjoyed more?

Same reason that while I greatly enjoy my Mustang GT, a Porsche 911 S Turbo is clearly superior.

>there are actually people who think Gabe's point of view was reasonable

If I ask for YOUR game of the year then I want YOUR game of the year. If there was another game that was better in most aspects and you also appreciate it then get your shit straight and make it YOUR game of the year, not the hypothetical game of the year of a mainstream audience that only exists in your mind.

>Gabe and Yahtzee will never bicker again.

No. I'm capable of realizing the game I enjoy the most in a year != the best game released in that year.

>the best game released in that year

THERE IS NO OBJECTIVE METRIC FOR THIS YOU DOLT

I didn't say there was. But I can realize there are games better than the one I liked the most.

If you enjoy the Mustang more it's not superior. Sure, the 911 has better specs, but if it's not fun to drive then it's not better.
Don't remind me.
The game you enjoy the most is the best game released that year, if the "better" games aren't as enjoyable then they aren't better.

>yahtzee streamed on twitch last wednesday
>question time
>Ask him what was he thinking when he made undertale GOTY
>"I did it because it's a good game, you arsehole!"

What did he mean by this?

Razorfist. Every single one of his "reviews" are either grossly exaggerated or flat out bullshit.

But no one gives a shit because it's such an arbitrary argument to make and it's certainly not what I want to hear when I ask for YOUR game of the year. What game you personally enjoyed the most is the only relevant metric for this shit because that at least is a personal assessment I can acknowledge, unlike an idea as flimsy as the "best" game of the fucking year trying to compare major releases in vastly different genres on which one was "better" than the other.

Fucking hell.

But Yahtzee's a good reviewer, you imbecile.

Why? Did they stop doing Let's Drown Out?

you're just pretending that the reasons you like your game and dislike the other game don't matter. choosing the "objective best" is just choosing the game that's most popular with critics, which is self-destructive, because you could add your actual favourite to that critical discussion instead

literally any other eceleb / video reviewer is worse than him desu, which makes him the most tolerable of the horrible cesspit of cancer
did he shit on your favorite game or something

It doesn't matter. there are games that I like that I believe are garbage. Likewise, there can be a game that is well crafted, well made, that I think is not just great, but superior, that I still don't like.

Yahtzee moved to America, so yes.

>Razorfist
>does reviews of games which he only played for an hour
>can literally go and check his achievements for proof of that

sounds just like Cred Forums tbqh

I really liked Razorfist once, in his earlier reviews he actually made an overall meaningful point on a game, like I dunno his ME3 review where he bashed it without even mentioning the endings intentionally.

Now they are just a jumbled mess of big words and incredibly minor nitpicks and I can't even tell if he changed anything or I just grew out of his shtick.

I this thread dead, because I have something to say.

Did you kill your baby today?

>"The Metroid Prime sequels were kinda shit."

What did he mean by this?

Great song user!

Anyway, I think game reviewing in general sucks. I feel as if the game reviewers put out reviews that are controlled by the largest companies.

We all know what happened with Destiny, right?

The videogame media are de facto marketers, they function not to inform the consumer but instead to promote products.

The most disgusting thing the vidya media does is use terms like 'journalism,' 'criticism,' and 'reviewing' to describe what they do.

I get that in order to survive they need to co-operate with the dev/pub side of the industry. I get that a lot of vidya media employees are genuinely enthusiastic about the products they cover. But that's no excuse for describing sycophantic gushing as 'reporting.'

Almost invariably someone at Polygon.

>The videogame media are de facto marketers, they function not to inform the consumer but instead to promote products.
>
>The most disgusting thing the vidya media does is use terms like 'journalism,' 'criticism,' and 'reviewing' to describe what they do.

This was so well put, I am going to copypasta this and save it. Well said, user, I agree 1000%

>"I did it because it's a good game"
He did it because its a good game.
>"you arsehole!"
He is a brit who spent a lot of time in australia.

He's neither. He's a comedian and a very bad one at that.

Jim Sterling is 100X worse than he is.

There is a large difference between traditional games media and new media like YouTube though.

He meant the Metroid Prime sequels were kinda shit, not sure what you're not getting here