Games you wish were translated

Games you wish were translated

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.romancingsaga2_ww&hl=en
romhacking.net/translations/440/
youtube.com/watch?v=T5fIhXhsks0
nanikano.zouri.jp/rondon/rondon-index.htm
geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Yoyo/4424/london_top.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=H2vJbYIl64U&list=PL-9K_pwT6BhgwUTV1uTLXLrG4BY8zag3d
youtube.com/watch?v=vJDWZeZu8tg
romhacking.net/helpads/515/
loveandcreate.com/boku/
romhacking.net/helpads/543/
patreon.com/nana_vs_nana
youtube.com/watch?v=wLCPMck3zWM
youtube.com/watch?v=3SSSRu_STXM
youtube.com/watch?v=QNMlY6oKIdc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes please

what's stopping you from learning Japanese?

too complicated especially if you don't plan on living there

ANY OF THE TENGAI MAKYOU GAMES I DON'T CARE WHICH ONE ;_;

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.romancingsaga2_ww&hl=en

romhacking.net/translations/440/

???

It's complicated.
I'm not a weeb.
It's used by one country on the other side of the world.

that one old memegame everybody suddenly remembered when undermeme was the top meme

not offical

Just read Tae Kim, and leave Jisho open and you don't need to wait for translations.

it's only complicated if you're juggling other languages at the same time
also it's not like you have to reach native-tier fluency to enjoy most games

>Playing mobile games

This is like Yotsuba/Non Non Biyori the game right?

>It's used by one country on the other side of the world.

So? French is used by shit loads of countries that's useless as fuck

You want to play untranslated games, but you're using reasons that are compeletely irrelevant for the reason why you won't learn the language

THEY MADE A SEQUEL???
I always wanted to play the first one. Why is Dreamcast emulation shit ;_;

I doubt that very much, especially if you plan on vacationing in japan

every new language is complicated, not an excuse, the best time to plant the tree was 10 years ago, better start learning now

So what? Some official translations of older game were worse than fantranslations. It's still translated and you can play it.

>the best time to plant the tree was 10 years ago

he didn't ask for you to get all philosophical on him

Does this even use Kanji? Looks easy as hell.

Maybe I want to play a single untranslated game? Why bother learning a whole language then

It's an offensively dull non-game, literally a walking simulator. Do you not have enough of these in English?

I'm not smart enough

Well the title means My Summer Holiday. Hope that helped :)

Japanese itself is an easy language to learn.
It's kanji that will fuck you up.

>also it's not like you have to reach native-tier fluency to enjoy most games
Considering the games that you would actually bother to play that aren't children's games(Which usually get translated anyway) are Kanji, and usually the lesser used Kanji, yes, you kind of do.

As if it was this easy. Just understanding somewhat of the text doesn't mean you fully understand it. Same goes for English. It takes much more than that to actually understand context

durrr

Any language is pretty complicated and unnecessary if you don't plan on living where it's spoken. Learning Japanese really isn't that bad if you consume a lot of vidya, anime, manga, and eroge. Playing games I know very well already from playing in English, in Japanese, has helped me learn a lot. Names are usually the same just in Katakana so it's easy to pick up the syllables that each represent. Hiragana is just as difficult as learning another alphabet with its 28 characters. Kanji is the big one you learn over time, but with the right resources it's no problem. There's Daily Japanese Threads in Cred Forums that have such resources listed.

OH GOD HERE COME THE FUCKING WEEBS WITH THEIR "LEARN JAPANESE IF YOU WANNA PLAY A GAME " bullshit.

>t's only complicated if you're juggling other languages at the same time
What about a foreign language and a programming language?

>tfw havent done my anki reps today

You'll never understand if you don't start. You'll never shine if you don't glow.

preparations? you now have the tools to solve future problems, you no longer have to wait for translations.

well then don't learn it if you're so triggered by it

Not to mention the flood gates would be open to all kinds of other untranslated games he didn't even know he wanted.

Sakura Wars games.

That would be nice.

Does boku no yatsumi actually have easy vocab? What about furigana?

Kanji is the most backwards-ass concept. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to paste pictures over their own alphabet and then expect everyone to learn 4000 different pictures if they want to read?
The concept of kanji makes sense in Chinese, but it's fucking useless in Japanese.

You can't even read a newspaper there without a high school education.

Afterwards, you can work on fantranslations and live off of the pittance they call "donations".

>im a lazy twat who wants the world to conform to my desires
>those dumb racist slanteyes just dont want ME playing their games

Currently being translated, but I have no idea when if at all that will be finished.

What should I be learning to read and play in japanese?

I also want to read doujins in japanese too?

well, you should be learning japanese in order to play and read in japanese

yeah but what?

what do you mean?

>Currently being translated
YES!

Looks interesting

I really, really like this gif.

I'm interested solely on the basis of the cover.

Some of you are saying kanji and others are saying something else

First response is always the right one

Why can't they just use fucking five minutes to translate this? They have both of them fucking translated already! All they need to do is insert their translation and translate the very small extra content. It'll take them a day at most.

This.

just wait for kiwami and the inevitable remake of 2

Kiwami is apparently not the same as the first one. HyperBit did not recommend starting with Kiwami, but rather the HD editions or the PS2 edition if possible due to how Kiwami has changed too much to be the original game.

if you want to read doujins you pretty much need the whole package as in hiragana katakana and kanji,cause they sure aren't going to be furigana in doujins made to be read by adults

Underrated kek

fug, and what about games?

get the core pack of /djt/ in Cred Forums and grab tae kim's guide

you'll be set for the next 1-2 years

these and pic

"it was a good idea at the time" basically. Even China's been simplifying their own language over the years. Japan needs to ditch 80% of their kanji and just keep the simpler ones. At least with western languages you can follow its spelling to know how it's pronounced or if you hear it have a good chance to know how to spell it by following certain learned rules. If you see a Kanji and don't know what it you won't be able to figure it out without a dictionary. If you hear a word there's a chance it uses kanji that aren't even kanji of the same syllables. shit's a mess and relies mostly on pure memorization.

People like to use the "you can remember all 1283 of those pokemans why cant you remember x" arguement but shit, I stopped being able to remember them all by the time it passed 600. Remembering the 2000 you need to be considered proficient plus random archaic shit ain't easy

>I want a translation!
>here translation
>No, I don't want that!

you might get lucky depending on the supposed targeted audience, like pokemon it rarely contains kanji and even if it did it will have furigana to help,

London Seirei Tanteidan and Kowloon Youma Gakuen Ki.

I already did a playthrough translating almost everything in each game (not rom hacking),

but I still need to improve my japanese skill if I really want to start a translation project like that.

there is a faq on gamefaqs that can help with the game, i played halfway through it with that and it's a great game, it's like a CPS2 arcade if it was a full 20 hour game, really good stuff

(for those that don't know this game was made by vanillaware before they became vanillaware)

fuk u

>Considering the games that you would actually bother to play that aren't children's games(Which usually get translated anyway) are Kanji, and usually the lesser used Kanji, yes, you kind of do.

No, you don't. Reaching true fluency takes like 15 to 20 years. Playing games will take you less than 5 years of relaxed study. A couple of years if you go HAM. If you see some bullshit like 美人局 or 不知火型 or 案山子 just look it up real quick then go back to your game.

I've actually seen some h-manga with furigana. Not 100% sure who the target audience was, but it sure as heck helped me.

3DS games have furigana. Dragon Quest and Pokemon for sure which might be alright to start with since they are mostly made for kids to play them.

that's pretty weird, why though

>I already did a playthrough translating almost everything in each game (not rom hacking),

oh? tell me more user, i love reading/discovering new stuff about import games

>seen 10% of that

Moderately playable without knowing how to read moonshitspeak, but a translation would still be nice.

My guess is they expect some of their buyers to be stupid highschool dropout NEETs and don't want to exclude them.

Just buy a Dreamcast for dirty cheap and burn some CD-ROMs and you are done.

I was one of those weebs that learned moonrunes. I can play any jap game I want but trust me it's not worth it. The good games all get translated, the ones that don't usually suck. I also think English dubs are better, they used to suck but now they're better or on or with Japanese voice actors. Priorities change when you get older as well and you regret learning something that doesn't help get a job or a gf

you know what i always wanted to play and/or learn more about?

hanjuku hero

it's this weird of really wacky and stupid RPG by square-enix with extremely bad puns

like you summon monsters and one of the monster is a broccoli karate men
so he's brock lee

another one is batman only the bat are intended as baseball bats so he fight enemies with a baseball bat and drives around with a baseball bat shaped card

the whole story behind the 3rd game is that 3D invades the peacefull 2D world of the game so all your character are 2D sprites while the villain are all 3D or even worse digitalized actor, it makes the game looks even more weird

youtube.com/watch?v=T5fIhXhsks0

>I also think English dubs are better
Epic troll m8

Never ever.

>I also think English dubs are better
There's only a few Japanese games I can stand the English dubs of. Everything else just feels flat and awkward which I don't understand because games originally casted with English VAs sound great.
Honestly, learning Japanese to play a game alone isn't worth it but if you have deeper/wider interests it just becomes more and more of a reasonable option.

>Hiragana... 28 characters
Dafug? It has 46 characters.

i would say the super robot taisen/wars game but let's be honest here

after you've done seeing ryouma shouting "STOOOOOOOONERRRRRRRR SPARKKKKKKKK SHINEEEEEEEEEE" all that remains is a very dull SRPG where you fight hordes and hordes of easily disposable mooks

Sometimes there are. 90% of doujins are easy as fuck to read anyway. It's about the easiest, readily available beginners shit.

shit, you're right. Doesn't feel like that many.

All the super robot wars games that have not got a translation (official or otherwise)

If it did get officially translated it would be worse then the unofficial one.
Cosndiering this IS snes era Square we are talking about.

Honestly I don't even want Japanese VA because I think it's better. Its just harder to notice bad VA with languages I don't understand. So a game can have pretty bad Japanese VA and I most likely wouldn't notice.

Every game by that company user. Every game by that company.

I played Attack on Friday and, ignoring the padding, it was a pretty cute game

>this man are sick
>worse

>art done by the same person behind Serial Experiments Lain
>cyberpunk SRPG
>german www2 theme
>headphone waifu
I might as well start taking Japanese classes at this rate.

>can into nip
>not interested in any of the games posted in this thread
I watched a nip play through the game in OP and while it was interesting, it's not something I would want to play

No one is forcing you to play it on mobile phone.
Hell you can just use android emulators.
The game is not a Cash shop microtrnsaction crap.
Its a HD remake of the original.
It even kept the SNES character sprites becose people didn't like the remasters in the FF games.

>Hiragana
>Katakana
>Kanji
>plus they adopted Latin/Romaji

Seriously though, why the fuck do japs need so many alphabets with so many characters?

Is there a worse written language system still in use in the world?

I've been learning japanese since 2012 (self taught) or so.
I can already play fire emblem, Atelier games, God Eater without too many problems.
It's never too late to start.

Protip. Japanese classes don't work

I've had friends take Japanese and tell me there's two types of people in those classes.
1) the guys studying it purely for business
2) the obnoxious weeaboos that can't control their autism even in the middle of class

2s tend to thin out to almost non-existent numbers by the end of the semester.

Yeah I guess. I only started learning jap this year. Hiragana is pretty fine, I've mostly got katakana down but a few still trip me up, but I dread all the kanji there is.

Forgot pick.

I love the dreamcast for the fact of how much weird shit Sega was able to pass by with that console. I wish Sega would risk it all again and save console gaming.

but I learned japanese whilst I was still in school, they offered the course and I took, took one two years before I can play games without any problem

Hiragana and Katakana can be equated lowercase and uppercase in the Roman alphabet.
Kanji makes reading easier once you actually learn them as it compacts text.

I think it's dumb too, but it's not completely illogical.

I'd be learning Japanese at a satellite to the Japanese Embassy with foreign and American ambassadors at a Japan Society.

As much as everyone likes to think that that a gaijin who knows Japanese is a weeb playing out one of their favorite animes IRL, the fact of the matter is that they wouldn't be able to go through a day in the life of a foreigner who lives in Japan.

Also, I'm not trying to move to Japan. I'm trying to read Kanji/Hiragana and go to my favorite noodle bars in the city while having conversations with the chefs on how much Japan sucks.

>and I took, took one two years before I can play games without any problem

I'd be more inclined to believe you if you were actually capable of constructing a coherent sentence in English.

Fortunately I found some useful links to help me translate LST, like these japanese playthroughs.

nanikano.zouri.jp/rondon/rondon-index.htm
geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Yoyo/4424/london_top.htm

So it's not hard to figure out what to do, even though I don't like this kind of method to play a game.

>Currently being translated

Oh Lord, let this be true.

Other games I would like translated:
Majin Tensei II: Spiral Nemesis
Princess Crown
Psycho Dream
Romancing Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei: ...if
Star Ocean: Blue Sphere

wow how have I never heard of this?

it looks like it was made by the guy who made moomins.

had a brain fart there, also english isn't my first language, I did take the class but I only learned enough to play games and read manga's

>倫敦
>London

FUCK
OFF

Yeah it does. The artstyle is pretty af. And the gameplay looks good too. I read about it back then in some magazine and waited for it to come out, but it never got announced..
It seems to be a bit unknown i think theres not even a fan project for translating it.

i thought you meant you made an annotated playthrough of that london game and wanted it linked

like this one

youtube.com/watch?v=H2vJbYIl64U&list=PL-9K_pwT6BhgwUTV1uTLXLrG4BY8zag3d

speaking of NIS visual novel, i've always wanted to play this one

youtube.com/watch?v=vJDWZeZu8tg

Romaji is never used in Japanese. It's literally a alphabet used to help English speakers to get a understanding of Japanese.

As for them using English it's just Japanese people think English is "cool" like how people think French is somehow high class.

As for the different alphabets it's a fucked up history. They first only used Katakana than developed Hiragana for them personally and used Katakana for foreign words. And the Kanji is used to make it easier to read since kana is such a weird fucking alphabet and needs spaces and lots of words look the same. So Kanji is there to make everything readable.

Oh wait, there is (was?)
romhacking.net/helpads/515/

This game looks so comfy

Nothing, only time.

I already know the niggerganas but learning every kanji and grammar rules takes a fuckton of titme, but I'm getting somewhere with studying an hour per day.

>Japan needs to ditch 80% of their kanji and just keep the simpler ones
Its what it has been doing for ages now. Out of maybe 80k kanji it borrowed from china only about 3k are used regularly, the rest are in technical and ancient writing or names. And all 3k kanji are composed out of 100 or so radicals that repeat in nearly all kanji.

Its not as hard as you people think. You just need to not give up like a bitch.

Looks like moe-shit but the fact it's an Xbox exclusive JRPG is interesting.

loveandcreate.com/boku/

With underwater ray romano 2 and 3

What's this anyway?

Any dating sim in general, but this series takes the cake since it pioneered and define the dating sim genre before Tokimeki Memorial was started.

Are there any Youtube videos of this? I need to know what it's like.

Anti-RPG made by ex-Mario Seven Stars staff and some people who ended up making Chibi Robo.

romhacking.net/helpads/543/

translation is still going, and I'm still aging.

Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates

Try reading shit in all hiragana retard.

Oh wait you're just a fag spouting nonsense.

Smt if...

You're killing me Gideon

>pretends to like video games
>doesn't know japanese

lol?

>has literaly the whole gaming library in the world
>"lol i want to play the latest vita wank'em up"

you disgust me Cred Forums

Reminder that if you do not speak Japanese, you're locked out of perhaps over 80% of all vidya ever made. Over 90% of the Saturn library, most of the NES, SNES, Genesis libraries. Pretty much the entirety of the PC Engine library, everything from PC-98 and everything before that, a big chunk of the Dreamcast library, and god knows how much of the PS1/2 libraries.

The nips have gotten japanese versions of all the western-made games since forever, but we only get a tiny fraction of whatever they make. What said couldn't be further from the truth, Japanese is a basic requirement for anybody half-serious about playing video games, specially retro-vidya.

Soon, maybe.

patreon.com/nana_vs_nana

I'd say obscure masturbatory material is more than enough to make me want to learn weeb

>not a mobile game

>touch controls

If racist xenophobes are the problem, then no one should learn english, taking in consideration how your country localizes foreign games.

>Piddling away months of your life learning a complex language used by a single island nation on the opposite end of the world

>No economic or social gain from this besides being able to play 大丈夫パンティクエストVII-2

Are there any good websites or tools to learn japanese? DO I need to learn to speak Japanese in order to read it?

Going to start on my Kanas anyday now I swear!
>tfw can't read moon

Not him but if a language couldn't be adapted to a phonetic alphabet, then people wouldn't understand each other while talking.

Koreans ditched kanji (hanja) and have no problems.

This image triggered the memory of my first non-vanilla fap

An absolute classic. I think everyone has read this whole thing at one time or another.

I tried before, I just can't push myself to stick with it even with it being useful for me. Nama-sensei wouldn't be proud of me.

>Angeborene Lichtphobie
Was?

>tfw know Japanese
>enter these threads for reccomendations

This game is great. Dem special finishers are balling. Also, the story is great.

Gets pretty repetetive but otherwise worth playing for Gradriel chapters alone.

You've probably gotten this a billion times at this point, but how long'd it take you to learn Japanese? I'm learning it through my school at the moment and it feels like I'm barely learning anything.

come on guys, post more japan only games

youtube.com/watch?v=wLCPMck3zWM

Depends on how dedicated you are. You could play easy video games in half a year to a year with dictionary help and more complicated ones in like two years I guess. Don't let the amount of time scare you though because the learning is filled with fun along the way.

Reading Manga, books or playing easy games to work on vocabulary and grammer and moving on and on untill you reach that point that even if you don't know a word you can understand it by context. Self study is the way and there are a LOT of resources.

Alright, thanks. I planned on looking more into after my class was over, but I was a bit intimidated. I'll definitely keep learning it.

This, the dreamcast is hilariously easy to pirate games for.

80% ;)

i've always wanted to play all these text adventure made by nintendo

youtube.com/watch?v=3SSSRu_STXM

did you know this was literaly the last game to be released on the snes in japan?

youtube.com/watch?v=QNMlY6oKIdc

Mizzurna Falls, it's almost done with the translation. So fucking excited for it

Oh shit, I almost forgot about it.

Fucking Gunparade March. Heard about it a couple months ago and have been kinda obsessed with it since.

What are some easy games to play through? I've heard Youkai Watch is good, but I don't have a 3DS.

Good luck man. It seem like an exegeration but learning Japanese was one of the better decisions I made in my life.

Well, I personally find game that use Kana only harder but a lot of GB or NES games are pretty easy. Games like Pokemon or other children games are mostly good.

Youkai Watch I don't like as a game but the vocabulary is fairly easy and gameplay mechanics aren't hard to figure out. In general though, for begginers I reccomend trying out Manga which usually has Furigana and is pretty easy to understand. There's also KanjiTomo which helps identifies unkown Kanji.

Everything Banpresto and Metal Max 3

Maybe by 2018 fan translation will be finished.