Rocket league

whew

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/mrvarga
reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/49g68s/exact_vehicle_stats_turning_speed_and_hit_boxes/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ca_CziO64oy12QViMYHHvtK4sW3hIIO3oexvr0yhs6A/htmlview
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pa63wqAvgRYDh23cSSjT1r-K_Qe6AFIcwzEDZjwyadM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fun game desu

Rumble so good

Wow

>opening crates

yes / no

This is the only game from the past 5 years that I actually have as much fun playing as when I played games as a kid

I keep seeing people talk about crates, but I've played this shit for like a dozen hours in the last two weeks and haven't seen anything resembling a crate.

Yes

Thanks, I shouldn't open any crates then because you should always do the opposite of what Cred Forums says.

fuckin no, this system is pure "real money for random surprise item xD " cancer and even worse than CSGO or TF2 since, you can't even make steambucks out of it.

>Unlock a crate
>it needs a fucking key that costs money

I wish they could let you open at least one, now i got five of the fuckers

Savage!

>wonder why some dude is playing like shit and acting like a cunt
>CS GO
>DOTA
>ANIMU AVATAR

>Every time the opposition scores a guy from that team says "sorry". >Somehow manage to score more than that team whilst I say sorry every time I score.
>Say "gg ez" at the end
>Guy quits

When I'm good I'm really good, but my constancy is terrible. One time I scored six in one game; then the following game with the same people I was terrible

It´s so sad that we don´t manage to let a general on /vg/ live

>Whew
>Whew
>Whew
>Whew

I feel like this game needs more annoying shit to spam

Generals only turn into cancerous circlejerks for tripfags anyway.

someone explain crates to me? havent played in 5 months

I'm a fan of Okay. myself

I've bought 10 keys but I won't buy anymore. It's a bit of a crap system.

You get crate randomly by playing which can be opened ONLY by a key you buy with real money for a chance to get random item.

to the trash it goes then
so like league of legends but worse

no, trade them for keys and only open crates when the demand for crates dries up

Yeah and you can't even sell it or trade them for anything worthy because the RL crate system is not part of the steam market.

How many champ crates for a key?

You can trade crates.

>mfw I'm not good enough to do anything fancy, but I can do aerial hits to fuck with the faggots trying to do freestyle goals in unranked
>mfw they get salty

>Savage!

you can still get 2k:1c from some retards, but the going rate is 1k:1c
in the first week of availability people were legit paying $4 paypal per crate, fucking idiots

hey that could be me!

Or just exactly the same as TF2 besides not being able to trade for money.

and items

But only for other RL cosmetics, also crates are not even that frequently drop.

At least we still get normal drops, i got birb yesterday.

how do u trade smth and what do i get? never done it before not much games on steam but heard it being done in other games

Or like the ss13 general cancerous neckbeard waifus POMF FUCK YOU

yeah i do

How many drops can you get per week?

What's the best place to find people to trade with?

Am I at a disadvantage playing against PCfags on PS4?
Also, fuck that Spike power in Rumble.

r/RocketLeagueExchange

Why would you be?

>Want to open crates
>They're priced wrong in my region and 1 key is about $150 USD.

RL Steam forum. It's filled with cancerous trolls who offers 2 crates for Dominus but you can find someone to trade if you waste some time.

>PCfags

someone is upsest they get called a console fag in every thread.
poorfag consolefag.

please kill yourself for trying to start a flame war in an otherwise peaceful thread

When are we going to get cool looking toppers and flags?

I think they've realised people value style over memes with the crate prize preferences.

>"upsest"
>getting triggered by something as trivial on Cred Forums
>we /r/pcmasterrace and shit rite guyz xD

Fuckin sperglord, i feel shame when people like you share the platform with me.

fuck I want that
can you give it to me?

I don't see why, the only advantage on PC is that you can play at a higher resolution and with a higher framerate if you want but I doubt it's game changing.

The only annoying thing when playing on PC is that I have to wait for the console players to load for like 10 seconds at the beginning of each match. Beyond that I can't see any difference.

I've noticed less input lag when playing on PC compared to PS4, but that could just be my TV.

Threads disappear to page 10 within a few minutes. How the fuck will anyone notice my thread?

definitely your TV my man

Those PC hackers man.

I did it just for the Roadhog XL, and I got it, luckily.

Octane GT when?

If you got alpha items, sure man.

what are those

say goodbye to your slipstream then.

Eventually. But the coolest stuff is now forever doomed to be locked behind the gambling system. All of the best current crate items have probably been ready for months, waiting for a more profitable way to include them than as a regular rare drop.

no please

I doubt they'll introduce toppers and hats into crates since a lot of people don't even use them

buy me alpha boost + cap and you'll get both the wheels and the decal. gl finding the items under 100$ though. add: steamcommunity.com/id/mrvarga when you're done

why are you doing this

You want the decal, don't you? :^)

Time is running out, roastie. You better buy those items before I trade the decal to somebody else.

What's your favorite quick chat to spam?
>Okay.

>What a save!

Holy Cow! followed by anything

Do I need a 144hz monitor for RL?

>Whew!

Allowing a goal.
>Savage!
Making a goal.
>Calculated.

It helps but isn't necessary.

Im guessing this is one of those games you have fun with but get tired of in 10 minutes, right?

no why would you think that

yeah sure

low tickrate means no
if you like the fluidity and have money to burn, go ahead
BUT you would likely be better off with nicer colors on a 1440p IPS. 144hz TN is garbage

guise shud we liek maek a room with rumble???

basically. it's go no fucking replayability
if you play one match you've seen everything it has to offer
all the arenas are the same and soccer is retarded anyway

who /prospect elite shitter/ here

>tfw 1000 hours in a children's car game

how to actually get better, I feel Im stuck

>not going full economist and playing the crate market

I opened the first five crates that I got, and got absolute shit for the first four and lightning wheels on the last. That was about two weeks ago or whenever the update just hit.

I now have a Dominus GT, Trinity, Heatwave, and ANOTHER pair of lightning wheels, no crates opened.

/challenger elite hopeless tryhard/ here

Gonna go for blue star this season or break my controller trying.

>heatwave

Practice. Tip though, play hoops and learn to fly there. Then use it in normal games and you will be better. Always go for air balls, even if there is no chance of you getting it, you will put the opponent off.

What did you trade for them? just crates?

The thing for me is, i want black colored exotics, and i wont get them any time soon without opening crates.

>tfw stuck at challenger 2

What the fuckkkk

I feel like I fucking suck, some dudes in challenger are just so much better than me

>adult male
>rides octane

Highest rank you guys have made?

I got to challenger II division 5 in 3v3 standard.

I want to get the back to the future car but everyone that has it is a total fag

So what rank is Cred Forums?
You're not all prospect/challenger shitters right?

If you're here you're already a total fag.

If anyone has the Alpha items I know how to duplicate them and both parties keep both

add me /friskynoodle

3v3=pure unadulterated cancer

2v2=thumbs up

You can absolutely get those without opening crates. It'll just be slower starting off, but you could do it with just crates. I got my Dominus GT for just 5 from some guy, so the deals are out there.

>tfw people spend money on in game cosmetics

I trim your octane 4free

>if you play one match you've seen everything it has to offer
Have heard retarded kids said the same shit about arena shooters, what an ignorant opinion.

post em

what?

Are they still lying about all the cars being the same?

Struggling to climb now, the gains are just so tiny.

when did they say that they were?

This. What's even worse is if you turn the option off to avoid them, you STILL GET THEM AS DROPS but aren't notified, so they clog your inventory.

It's getting hard to keep the ranks up

I think it was right after it released they had an interview and one guy said they were the same.

They're obviously not tho

Trade them online you dips.

How and where?

Who /strugglingwithwalldribbles/ here?

If they did say that then I'm pretty sure they meant in terms of impacting gameplay. Because really it doesn't matter what car you use.

reddit.
/r/RocketLeagueExchange

>inb4 REDDIT

Just get a feel for what will sell for how much before posting. Crates are the basic unit of currency in this haggling system, so the more the better.

> Trade them online you dips

I don't want to *do* that. I don't even want them to *drop* for me. I don't want to "support the esport community."

Give me the fucking free non-crate shit or fuck off, Psyonix.

Greatpass . io

I am 100% serious

I dont want to steal any items I simply want a copy of them before it gets patched out.

That's what I'm talking about. They say all the cars are the same, but they are not. Some have bigger hit boxes and boost speeds

Absolutely none of the cars have different boost speeds. The only differences are hitboxes and turn radius.

Mainly play unranked and rumble ruined my rating

Yeah, i feel like getting scammed by fuckin reddit of all things.

Cars have different hitboxes, yes, they are clear about this, but the differences are so small that it doesn't matter unless you're a top player playing at top levels.
>Different boost speeds
No.
Different turning radius
Yes.

controller or kb & m?

If you mean scammed in terms of actual scamming, then that shouldn't happen because you do the trading over Rocket League unless you are a gigantic retard.

If you mean scamming to mean bad deals, then that also should not happen if you take your time and pay attention.

> wanting a shitty hat and gold trail

Just Cheat Engine them?

Controller always. I mean you can do alright with a KBM, but it's not worth the hassle.

Controller, not even a question. You should also have ball cam on 98% of the time

nah

it only replaces the visual aspect of one upk from another upk for the trail itself.

I want to trade them

I've been in and out of All-Star like 5 times because my shitty friend always wants to play with me and I feel bad saying no.

thanks, I think I have a ps3 controller lying around somewhere

any other tips besides ball cam on?

I use default settings, but "pros" and other players change FoV and camera settings and shit. Mess about if you want.

Turn off cam shake, look around online and fiddle with your camera settings, learn to sit back and defend.

Practice aerial hits. Very satisfying once you get the hang of it

Play the tutorials.

I didn't realise you could dodge in any direction for like 15 hours because I jumped straight into it.

>even worse than CSGO or TF2
how exactly is it worse? in tf2 and csgo the game is constantly just taking a fat shit in your inventory and you get like 50 crates in a row that are all worth less than one penny
and the items that you can get out of it look retarded and do not fit in with the rest of the game

In rocket league the crates are actually valuable, and its art style isnt nearly as strict with what it could have in it so making crazy skins is not nearly as glaring
>you can't even make steambucks out of it.
you fucking kike
this is exactly what caused csgo to be such a horrible system with the gambling sites and is causing valve to be sued for letting it get so bad. why do you think they would be hesitant to add a system like that into the game?

The rocket league system is pure trading, not nearly as bad as what valve has done

it's 20 euros..
holy fuck! When the next Steam sale?

uhh
play casual?

that would be just as bad as not playing with him in his mind haha. the thing is he thinks he's good.

It was on sale last weekend. Get it off cdkeys or something.

well, poop.

>tfw i have over 500h of the game and i can't get used to ball cam for shit so i simply stopped using it altogether

fuck it

what the fuck is wrong with you

it's been on plenty of sales so far, give it a month or two and it will show up for ~US$12 again somewhere
i even have a spare key for it. goddamn bundles

what the fugg
What's your rank?

nothing since i stopped using it.

>if you play one match you've seen everything it has to offer
How about gitting gud

you're that fucker on my team who has no idea where the ball is, aren't you
>hurr durr i'll go demo the enemy goalie while the ball is on our half
kys

Any yuros want to play on PC?

I'm sick of playing with randoms in ranked, it's painful.

Never played a single premade game.

There is a reason pros use the ball cam 95% of the time. There are some shots/saves you just can't make without it. Consistently at least.

i have no intention of being a pro and i'm having plenty of fun on challenger III

haha oh man, those people are irritating
you could do standard with him and let that rank tank while you fucking own everyone in doubles with competent buddies

good bait

>tfw ranked duels stress you out
>always get fucked over with a bounce or a lag spike

Duels is truly suffering.

>500h
>not even blue rank
>not even challenger fucking elite
Jesus christ

1 goal then practice goalie

i have fun, does that trouble you?

Not at all, whatever makes you happy my man
You're still terrible though.

go ahead and make a room, 4v4

Whenever i try to goalie the opponent pulls off some crazy juggle bullshit and ruins my plans.

Typically when theres 10-20 seconds left and im about to win.

Hoodly doodly m8

Whats your car of choice? Octane masterrace here.

hey

octane. or dominus

Why would anyone use anything other than Octane?

Absolutely yes. It supports the RLCS. I really want this game to take off as an eSport and supporting that scene by buying keys is probably the best way for them to go about it. We buy keys, get cool stuff, and RLCS gets more funds. Everyone wins.

You're leaving goal too early. Stay back and be prepared to double-jump or flip.
dominus gt

never said i wasn't, are you that insecure you must go around telling people that they are good or bad?

feel bad for you

I'm interested to see what the prize pool will be by the finals.

Dominus or Scarab

Fujin Yumi

wew lad
If I can't derive pleasure from being better at video games than someone, then what else is there?

Hoodly doodly

Octane because all the cool looking cars except Dominus are cucked and im tired of losing because of em.

bump

So what are the differences in turn radii?

Rocket league general when?

>play solo
>win everything

>play with friends
>we get shitty games nonstop
>rank hasn't gone up in dozens of games

i'm better than other people and worse then other people, you don't see me going in an anonymous image board acting like i'm better than i really am.

for all we know you could have 2000 hours and be worse than i am.

which would be quite plausible looking at how insecure you seem.

Can we spam this game until it warrants a general?

Yes, theres too much weebshit and circlejerks on /vg/ anyway

RL deserves a spot

why not just make a general?

You can't force a general. There's a lot to learn in the game but not a whole lot to actually talk about and there's no waifus to post about. The general would die quickly.

It's okay.

Quite fun with mates for an hour but I'm not obsessed with it.

Destiny manages to get by by just posting their characters, but then again that is a tranny circlejerk.

You can disable the crate drops from the options menu.

>watch a competitive game
>all pros are using octane
Why?

Yes, we do need one

Because its the most agile car.

Paladin
but then again i'm a prospect shitter

EXCEPT THEY STILL DROP FOR YOU, lackofreadingcomprehension.

*I DID THAT* when the crate system patch first launched. I have a crate or ten in my inventory now despite no notification because that option is on.

I don't know if they patched it to where turning that on turns the drops off, but if they haven't: It's not what I expected with that option. I want no drops.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware they drop even when turned off.

>giving a shit about the trade system when it doesn't even work with steam inventory

yah, nah.

you could ignore them like a non-auti... oh
nvm

It is not the most agile car, Dominus and the other flat cars like Breakout/Aftershock, Masamune, and Batmobile beat it in that department for turning radii and handbrake grip.

It's the car that has the best hitbox to turning radii ratio, thereby making it the best for dribbling.

You can do really nasty dribbles because your car essentially acts as a wall when the ball hits it, so the ball pops up lower when hitting the side at high speeds, giving you free ball control.

With the Breakout and it's related flat-car cousins like the Dominus, Masamune, etc, the ball pops really high into the air which pretty much takes control away from you and essentially serves the ball free to the enemy's backlines for an aerial straight into your goal.

Is scarab good?

wait what, the cars don't all play the same? is this b8?

If by "good" you mean "bad," then yes

Oh. well off to tryhard domini

not sure if trolling, arent all the vehicles just "skins"? All cars perform the same?

No, but that's a common misconception. The cars do have varying stats in certain categories.

I just use the car that I want to use at that time. I always change it up. I don't even play ranked desu.

Is there a spreadsheet??

wut, I can't play without it

>Never take off ball cam because it's too much a hassle
>Thought this was limiting me
It's not?

>no plain antenna option
ffs, I just want a plain rc car

reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/49g68s/exact_vehicle_stats_turning_speed_and_hit_boxes/

Literally the first result when you google "Rocket League spreadsheet"

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ca_CziO64oy12QViMYHHvtK4sW3hIIO3oexvr0yhs6A/htmlview

Enjoy, friendo

DeLorian

why would they not just make all vehicles the same, or show the stats in game. this is bullshit

This info about hitboxes and turning radii has been known since launch. If I had to guess, I'd say it's for balance. Having a large, blocky car like Merc with godlike handling would be a defender's dream.

Thanks!

Waiiit this spreadsheet has no data!

I thought I gave you a broken link cuz I'm on mobile and this is what I see

Because it makes the game more interesting.
Theres too many people who assume Rocket League is supposed to be some hardline 50-50 car soccer simulator.
As long as at least one best car is for free, i dont mind the differences. Also the weird maps in ranked are great and people who complain about em should git gud.

>punching the ball across the map into the goal

Yeah that's what I see on PC.

it wouldn't be large and blocky if they all had the same hitbox

Well I'm a dumb stupid nigger, then

that wouldn't make sense to have the same hitboxes with such a wide range of shapes and sizes

Empty. Here's the second result, which actually has data.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pa63wqAvgRYDh23cSSjT1r-K_Qe6AFIcwzEDZjwyadM

wew
lad
If anything I'm arrogant
Also, you're taking my lighthearted responses way too seriously

>wew
i don't care about your discussion, just want to interject with a quick suggestion

>>>/reddit/

>mfw people in the opposing team say sorry or get upset when a car hit is made

I dont understand, its part of the game. Even long time players seem to assume that its impolite.
Why else would the cars blow up if you werent meant to hit em.

You know wew is from here right

Thanks for your input, I'll make sure to check it out

I never expect or give apologies for opposing team hits. Own team hits, I do, but demolitions are part of the game and I use the hell out of them.

Holy fuuuck people on the other team get so salty if I demo their goalie and we score because of it

One time it happened in overtime and my teammate hit the game winning goal and he's like "that was a little rude"

I don't get it either. I see some people complain of car hits and demos, and I have to ask why they think there's something wrong with it. Hitting and Demolishing are great ways to get a stubborn defender to get out of position so you have a better chance at a goal. I don't go around hitting people all the time, of course.

>He doesn't smack the enemy goalie out of the way as the ball slowly rolls into the goal
>What a Save!
>What a Save!
>What a Save!
>Sorry

Cute! CUTE!

Its the best feel pulling that off.
Bout as satisfying as a good aerial.

Playing rough is part of my playstyle, if I can't get to the ball first and not defending I'll hit someone else getting into position for a shot or going for the ball if I can get to them first

Most consolfags haven't realized they need to set their television to *Game picture mode and turn off all the smoothing and "enhancement" effects to get the lowest input lag. Some games are almost unplayable without doing so

Must be a a low level thing. Easy to avoid demos if you're paying attention
>Player driving at you at full speed
>Press jump
>He wasted all his boost and positioning

wtf I get 1 like every 10 games

I'm just annoyed some cars are straight up better though

lol it takes 100s of hours to learn how to air dribble and has a skill ceiling so high that you learn new shit every day. U haven't seen shit

>tfw stuck at Prospect 3 and descending
Just fucking depressing senpaitachis.

If you want to learn how to win faceoffs, do fake outs and to get quicker try 1s(easier to fake out a single guy), otherwise the all star training mode will set you up for everything but wallshots

Am I the only one who really rarely uses the ball cam? It just doesn't feel right for me.

I hated the ball cam for like the first 200 hours, then seen some threads about RL and how you should use ball cam. It takes some getting used to since I played like 200 hours free cam, but now I realise ball cam is the only way. I feel nausea now when I accidentally turn it off.

Just trade your crates for keys

>hiding his rank

What a master faggot

I was CE/AS in solo standard last season, but I can't even get past C1 this season. It plays so differently at low ranks.

Try telling the two dipshits on your team to stop making weak hits and ballchasing and let you pull up for a shot for a change, but they never will. Go for a shot anyways and no one comes back to defend. I can compliment a good team very well but I just don't know how to play with idiots

How do I escape ELO hell

no, shit's fucking awful no matter the game

are we posting webms?

1. Wasteland in competitive
2. Neo Tokyo in competitive
3. Crates

>demolish someone
>okay

What do they mean by this?

Siiick!

>Not saying Thanks! when you get domolished

>Savage!

I CAN DUPLICATE ALPHA ITEMS SO WE BOTH HAVE A COPY ADD ME

gimme your crates

/friskynoodle

>500 hours played
>still cant do those twisty twirly aerials that end with a perfect touch to score a goal

How the fuck do people have such good timing and control

If the prices were way lower sure, why not

Gotta go with your own style, some people are good at that. Some people are good at predicting where the ball is going to go after someone strikes it based on the angle of the person coming at it etc.

Venom

1. RL trainer
2. Fuck around in non ranked

also remember to double jump and switch your boost/roll button

anyone else?

Takumi because fuck the tryhard Dom meta

>real life friends dont know how to rotate

Playing with mongs is suffering

Prospect III

oh well I'll just keep posting

Zippy4lyfe

Masamune

Delorean

1040 wins so far. is it really the "worst" car

heard a few guys say this

teach me your ways

high octane bringing the pain

I'm this

I like to say "Savage!" after I get demolished

I was thinking of changing my controller config soon. What did you bind everything to?

Who /kb+m/ here?

Me, but I'm buying an Xbox 360 controller to switch over. Really tired of not having analog input.

I can see now why its supposed to be switched, fingers can hold down drift to easily pivot during boost.

But fuck ill have to reprogram my brain to get used to it.

the only thing I did is swapping roll/drift with scoreboard, being able to boost while rolling midair is crucial
I meant to say drift not boost, but I'm sure it's not the optimal button config

whats your boost and roll on?

I'm the only Breakout user in here.

WHO /ROADHOG/ HERE

i bought 1 key and have shit worth of like 15 keys
based crates

what shit?

items, i mean

yeah, that's what I meant.

No one even responds to me for a trade.

>he fell for the "Defending!" meme

Any champs EU here to Q doubles?

>Wow!
>Wow!
>Wow!

I think they should add alternative version of the quick chat items as random drops. Like a pirate pack, anime pack, redneck pack or whatever. Would let us add more personality to those canned replies.

this this this, this is fucking hell

if only I had a buddy to play with, all my suffering would be over

How many times have you wanted to genocide all of the players that play this game?

fun game, but the ranked system is fucking horrible, you can win few games without promotion, but also you can lose just one (1) game and get fucking downgraded, it happened to me today like 4 times

Play 700 hours of 1v1, get All-Star/Superstar in 1v1 Ranked this season.

You will find that it's really easy to win 2v2/3v3 playing solo as long as you keep your positioning in check.

Why this game so fucking sucks? After 6 hours of playing premade 3v3 rankeds im back at starting point. I started at Prospect Elite D3, and friends were at Prospect III D3, and Prospect Elite D4, after 4 hours of grinding they managed to get Challenger I D4, while I was fucking stuck in Prospect Elite V, after loosing shitload of games I'm back at fucking Prospect Elite D3 when they are still in Challenger I D1, it clearly doesn't matter how you play, because I was MVP most of games, and friends were promoted faster and higher, plus this fucking matchmaking, our team: two Prospect Elite and Challenger I vs three Challenger I, we lost fucking three games in the row WITH THE SAME PEOPLE! They got higher ranks, we were lost against them two times and it matched us again, what the fucking is going on with this fucking broken game?

bump

I love rocket league, but i always end up running into EOL hell around contender rank and just end up treading water.

Kinda takes the fun away when you CONSTANTLY get teamed with ball chasing fuck sticks who get mad at you when you dare to suggest they try and play positions instead.

>Legend rank friend that plays all the time and lives the NEET life
>Try to keep up but work 60+ hours a week
>Polish skills and do the tutorials at max difficulty, play a bunch of ranked on my own
>Just under 200 hours played now
>Wanna play some matches?
>"Sure"
>After a couple of games
>"Sorry, I don't enjoy playing at this level"

Guess I'll just keep trying to get better.

>all these ELO hell babies
git gud

I use it because it has the skin with food all over it

Good Luck
:^)

I actually cycle through different car bodies but then again im still a straight challenger sooooo...

Dont try it
I play the game for fun :)

it's my normie friends new pasttime

b/c the majority of players are in c2/c3

once you get better you can climb out of prospect in your sleep alone w/o friends

Yeah, the cosmetics are great.

>Star Citizen