Is this series dying?

Is this series dying?

Note that I only have a 360 and PC.But everytime a new COD comes out now it seems like it dies off quickly and the only gamemode I can find is for TDM. Not to mention after the disaster that was MW3 the series has been selling less and less games.

Do you think they will eventually stop making these games? they tried something new with Advanced Warfare but nobody liked it so it seems like you can't please COD fans regardless.

also fuck you Advanced Warfare was one of the most freshest COD's in a long time and was really fun. Give me an actual reason why it's shit other than being upset that it changed the formula a little bit.

>Do you think they will eventually stop making these games?

I fucking hope so

Too early to tell if it's dying. I think they're at a wall, though.

I'm moderately excited for the remaster and new zombies.

Well they started putting the games on a 3 year development cycle now which will probably help a lot with the overall quality. The formula probably isn't going to change much now though.

well if you're playing them on 360 and PC that explains it, PC always had a much smaller community and nobody wants a next gen game on a last gen console.

I actually thought ghosts wasn't bad and the people complaining about the campaign were retarded because who the fuck has cared about a camaign in COD since COD4 anyway?

Also is it just me or is the difficulty in these games bullshit? I have an easier time playing games like Super Meatboy and Dark Souls than this bullshit on Veteran. I remember getting so fucking mad on the campaign in MW2 only to find out it's actually the easiest of all the campaigns. Fucking bullshit.

If it didn't have respawning enemies it wouldn't be so fucking cheap and impossible. They either throw a grenade at you or as soon as you get out of cover you instantly have to go back into cover and wait 5 years for the strawberry jam to clear off your screen.

It's just suffering the fate of a yearly AAA franchise. Yearly game releases are bad for any franchise, it's a really short-sighted development policy that kills innovation and makes the series stale.

But yeah, Black Ops 3 is a year old and it's impossible to find gamemods that aren't TDM or Domination.

>mw2
>best cod is dead.

Ghosts wasn't bad

The reason why COD died off is because it stopped being like MW/MW2/Ghosts/MW3/Blops1 and 2/ etc

Normal tactical arcade shooters

Instead it got all this jumpy around hoohay jetpack bullshit

Nobody who likes COD likes that

just keep your head down until you figure out where they're spawning from and spam bullets in those directions. use smoke grenades at the most difficult choke points.

>ghosts
Ghosts is universally voted as one of the worst COD games

It's really not that simple.

This. I'm completely turned off by the high mobility/ fast paced shooter cod became in the last two installments. Even the future setting isn't fun to me. That said, for whatever reason I kind of look forward to infinite warfare. I'm mostly getting it for the modern warfare remake, but the campaign looks fun for infinite

well maybe if you suck it isn't.

it was a solid game, just suffered from that overpowered LMG with the thermal scope that everyone used. it was more of a CoD game than Black Ops, that's for sure.

>not loving Black 'the fucking NUMBERS, MASON' Ops

>playing godawful cod campaigns

>Doesn't enjoy excellent narrative with fresh af set pieces.

Ok EA shill.

They should be thankful their yearly rehash franchise has lasted this much

Not to mention the clusterfuck of jetpacks and such, even though it changed the formula, wasn't good.

>excellent narrative
The fuck are you talking about.

>fresh af set pieces.
That's quite a fancy buzzword for ''scripted to death shooting galleries''

>EA shill
Oh, you are one of those manchildren who goes on Youtube to fight over Cowadooty and Niggerfield?

Both franchise are the embodiment of cancer, kill your fucking self.

I like how they're bundling COD4 remastered so they can impress their stockholders and still try to convince people that COD is still relevant and making money.

Next level shit posting senpai.

As opposed to the one who unironically defends the 4 hour long desplay of braindead AI along corridors that is Cowadooty campaigns?
Only Black Ops 2 was decent, and because the choice system actually had some effect on the rest.
The rest is pure shit with no redeemable points, and the fact that in the only two replies you posted it's nothing but personal attacks means you don't have an argument either.

Roll

I'll bite.

i'm not really talking about the campaign, it was great in black ops. but the multiplayer nerfed everything that made CoD fun, and then made the killstreaks even more overpowered for some reason. it was the most confusing experience i've ever had in CoD.

This, there's something about Black Ops 1's multiplayer that made it feel very slow and boring.
It's a shame because Black Ops 1's setting is by far the one that had most potential in the entire franchise, and they just made one game about it.

Killstreaks in BLOPS were diefinatly bad but the MP was a lot more balanced unlike MW2. It also allowed a bigger variety of playstyles where as MW2 was limited because if you weren't using SP,seight of hand, and steady aim then you had shit perks. It went back to COD4's perk system where you had to sacrafice a really good perk to get an equally good perk.

People are tired of buying the same game every year for full price.
That and rarely anyone is into consoles anymore, which is pretty much how CoD should be played anyway.

>he thinks those are OP
You should play Black Ops 3 in one of the free weekends.
It's a gigantic clusterfuck.

I thought blops2 was the most boring of the three. blops3 is was pretty meh.

Sure why not

black ops wasn't balanced, all you needed was the FAMAS and the Ghost perk and you were good to go. even after the ADS nerf it was still the best gun in the game by a longshot.

0/10

The problem was the ghost perk. Not the FAMAS.

it also made killstreaks a lot less OP because it was much easier to take them down and the SAM turret was a good counter. It also didn't have stupid shit like the AC130 that was impossible to shoot and it had like 3 fucking flares.

Even the chopper gunner in blops1 wasn't that bad because it was low enough to shoot and there's so many counters to killstreaks in that game it's not even funny. Learn to use the rocket launchers.

Yes, it's called stagnation. They can only do the same thing so many times before it dies. They over did WW2, modern day and now the future too fucking fast.

I actually love the jetpacks, they make the gameplay faster and more complex and limit people's ability to sit around and camp. But you can only play the same game so many times, most of the games blur together and the new ones don't excite me. Black Ops 3 excited me because I hadn't played Cod in like 4 years but Infinite Warfare literally looks like a map pack for Blops3. And since the story modes in these games are complete and utter trash, and zombies is a gimmick that gets boring after an hour, I just can't see the appeal.

Also, the communities for these games basically die 6 months after release. None of the fun blops3 gamemodes ever get played anymore. It's just Team Deathmatch and Domination.

>rarely anyone is into consoles anymore
>which is pretty much how CoD should be played
Quality bait tbqh.

the FAMAS was also a problem because it made all of the other guns pointless.

I want a WWII one, I don't even care if it's the same gameplay wise.
I want a current-gen D-Day.
I installed MOHAA a few days ago and it's just sad how the beach is like 50 meters wide, there's only 2 bunkers, and there's only like 30 people trying to capture it, and 6 germans defending it.

By the way, which game do you think features the best Normandy landing level?

He's right though. COD games are built with controllers in mind. Every aspect of the gunplay is built for awkward controller sticks for aiming and aim assist. If you're on PC, literally why would you play COD when PC already has 80 trillion FPS games that are better for keyboard and mouse.

>COD games are built with controllers in mind.
And they still play better with keyboard and mouse.

360 is a legacy platform at this point, barely anybody got Black Ops 3 for it. I remember playing it at a friends house and not getting a single match on a friday night.

PC gamers have better things to play that are also cheaper

this actually makes sense

BO2 was the last cod I bought, the ones after that the new ones didn't feel right

I appreciate them trying to change the formula but it doesn't click with me