Tfw Kojima predicted society going to shit in the digital age

>tfw Kojima predicted society going to shit in the digital age

I only just beat this and what a fucking game.

Kojima didn't predict shit. What he stated was already well known and written in literature about it.

He also preditcted MEMES
What an absolute madman

>predicted
Kojima didn't predict shit.

He just read pic related.

someone's salty

Somebody's a redditor.

I'm salty that the "Kojima is a prophet" meme is still repeated to this day. Ignorance annoys me.

>le i don't agree with you so ur a lebbit!-argument

someone's a homofgt

Deus Ex did it too, shitboot. Kojima's nothing special

and did it with a better game that didn't have to rely on people getting hyped up for a bait and switch sequel

DUDE

20 MINUTE CUTSCENES

LMAO

Homer goes to college and Freakazoid already predicted it years before

Kojimas a hack that cant tell a story without shoving expostion do the players throat in 20+ minute cutscene

He does gameplay right though

>Dawkins

not to mention the person delivering the exposition is questionable at best

I played MGS for the first time in my life not too long ago and I don't think I've ever been more disappointed by a gaming experience.
Earlier in the year I took the opportunity to play Metal Gear 1 and 2 and 2 ended up being probably one of my favorite games of all time, I can hardly believe it was made in the year it was with how advanced it was.

MGS was...what EarthBound was to Mother 1. A LOT of recycling elements from the original with a glorious coat of new paint and enough new story for it to seem like a sequel despite this. I have no idea why my friend stated you could go and play MGS without playing MG1 and MG2, because every time exposition or characters are dumped on you, they're directly referencing events in the original 2 games. How anyone, especially a child playing MGS could've understood what was going on escapes me.
My biggest disappointment definitely had to be the game length. Was that a joke? Like, 6 hours of what felt was nothing but a tutorial only to have the game actually end abruptly. Each segment tossed some new mechanic or strategy at you only for it to NEVER be seen again. MGS was neat, but after experiencing Metal Gear 2, felt like nothing but some HD tech demo of an old series to show off the potential of the Playstation. Makes me sad to hear that's pretty much the death of that style of gameplay as well.

Everyone always predicts society going to shit in the next generation.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe they're usually right?

Nah. People are just angry at new things.

>implying it isn't healthy to question and criticize norms, institutions and technologies despite the cyclic nature of man's existence

baka desu senpai

It's not only healthy, it's extremely needed in any age. Screaming "hurr everything was good and now it's bad!" is not healthy.

>playing MGS1 now
>want to argue you're wrong
>after a boss is beaten they lie there and tell you their whole life story before they die

No, you're right. But at the same time I don't know how else they could've delivered that information since it's such a short game.

the worst thing about the MGS games is the story, and yet that's what everybody seems to focus on.

He lays it on thick because gamers are too stupid to get the point otherwise. Just look at MGSV. All the heavy exposition is either missing or optional and everybody's like "HURR THERE WAS NO STORY WHERE ARE MUH 20 MINUTE EXPOSITIONAL CUTSCENES?"

he didn't predict anything

books did

The story of the first three was pretty alright, just a cautionary tale of nuclear doom with some backstabbing and twists. Then MGS2 came along and turned the series full X-files and Kojima realized with the PS2 he had no more limits and went hog wild with cutscenes so he could pretend to be a Hollywood director.

These people are all right

We have only declined with our advancements

And it does. Look at pic. We will never again go back to this way idyllic way of life. Every day now is more riots, shootings, and bombings.

Oh yes? Please tell me how me living in my own home, with water, heat, electricity and gas being delivered at my feet, protected by a police force, in a city with everything I could ever want, products from all over the world being stocked in stores daily, working 8 hours a day and completely free to do anything, pursue any education and career, carrying a small, light device in my pocket that allows me to access all the information in the world, order any products to be delivered to my doorstep, and ability to instantly communicate with humans all across the globe like yourself is somehow a "decline" from being a lowborn in any time period before the past 100 years and have literally zero life opportunities nor basic rights, healthcare or protection.

Hey don't get me wrong, the standard of living has gone up. I'd keep that.

You're lost on every other level though now.

How often do you sit down and write letters in callilgraphy? If it's less than once a week then the other user was right, it's a lost art and we're worse off for it.

What every other level? Are you going to say freedom or something? Because living in a world where you're allowed to make explict anti-government music/videos/movies/tv shows is not something that was ever available to the human race before.

>and we're worse off for it.

Why?

Because it's older and looks cool, like cursive.

What "level" advange an average peasant farmer in 1320 has over an average 9-5 office worker in a non-shit country?

Freedom is a very dubious thing. It's good to be free, but not when it lets everything go to shit. Things are actively going to shit now, a couple centuries ago people felt a genuine desire to make their communities and countries better places, instead, we now have internet "slacktivism" and SJWs and a media that's probably the worst it's ever been. America at least right now is rife with propaganda, I have one computer with Windows 10, and I get Hillary ads in the Start Menu. Pretty sure pro-Trump search results in Google are omitted and people supporting Trump in any capacity are being officially called "nazi frog worshipping white supremacists".

Not to mention that the entire race for presidency in the modern era is anything other than corrupt suits to try and seize power so they can hop into some corporation's pocket.

There's no lust for public service in offices of public service any more. People dread what the next president will be like rather than expecting a new one to come in and fix whatever problems exist.

We have wonderful things like Google and Wikipedia to serve as storehouses of knowledge where we can talk to people across the globe and look up anything in seconds. And it's made us lazy and entitled and rebellious. It's made people arrogant, too, everybody is a know-it-all, even me.

There's nothing wrong with electricity and living longer. But in spirit we've declined greatly.

We're losing our history :(

They don't teach cursive handwriting in schools any more, if that's not a huge red flag then we just have different priorities

The thing about MGS is you kinda cringe with the pseudo intellectual "deepness" that Kojima throws in

But then you realize that no other games really talk about similar themes

Are you trying to argue mgsv was a complete game?

Fuck off that's not real.

Video games are just shit is all, there are no video games with good writing. Video games also suffer a lack of freedom in intellectual expression, primarily because they won't exist if they aren't deemed something that will be able to sell enough to pay for its own production.

And why cursive handwriting would be so essential? Don't come with the "if you can't see why than it's useless explaining it" retard argument

This. Also, if someone else is co-credited alonside Kojima, chances are, Kojima did nothing. At all.

Please fuck off yourself, they aren't teaching cursive handwriting in the local school district nor in the surrounding ones.

Handwriting is an archaic skill.

Fine, just let everything die and be lost forever. Just whatever man. Let it all go.

Kojima's themes and messages are good. But he needs an editor to trim the fat.

Of course, his fans love the bloat and autism in his scripts, so that will never happen.

Is this the power of American education?

Yes, it actually is. And I hate it.

>the story didn't satisfy my autism so the game wasn't finished!

Case in point.

Why the fuck you people gotta argue all the damn time, holy shit you're so frustrating why am I here

That's only with big studios though.

It's really not. All video games are pretty shit at writing, on ever level. The Indie game you got Greenlighted on Steam is nowhere as good as you think it is either.

>Idyllic way of life

2 kids, a wife, seems pretty boring and mediocre to me

>when it lets everything go to shit
How is playing my piano, making scale models of helicopters and listening to SOAD let's everything go to shit exactly?

>Things are actively going to shit now
What things?

>a couple centuries ago people felt a genuine desire to make their communities and countries better places
How exactly did "people" of 1-18 centuries felt a genuine desire to make their countries better places? Because to me it seems like they just wanted to have enough food and to be left alone while aristocrats fucked everyone (including each other) over every day.

>instead, we now have internet "slacktivism" and SJWs
There were always idiots, it's just you can find them more easily now with the internet.

>media that's probably the worst it's ever been
News were always corrupted, game shows are much more interesting now. Look up any black and white era family game show on youtube to prove my point. TV shows are more complicated with more deep storylines now than ever before. 50 years ago it was Mr. cop and cop solving simple mysteries while today it's house of cards and game of thrones. And don't hate them because they're popular, please.

>America at least right now is rife with propaganda
Propaganda as we know it today was invented during WW1 and it was as hardcore then as it is today. Propaganda in different forms existed for as long as language.

>I have one computer with Windows 10, and I get Hillary ads in the Start Menu
Live in free world, have a choice between several operating systems, including few completely clean and open source, decide to install the most bloated corporate spying OS ever released and complain about it. Nice.

>Not to mention that the entire race for presidency in the modern era is anything other than corrupt suits to try and seize power so they can hop into some corporation's pocket.
Literally every power structure every since prehistory.

>Roy AI

pass. I can't take it seriously after screaming about needing scissors

This dosent even qualify as bait step up your game fampai

As soon as microtransactions and DLC were options, those fucking corporate fat cats decide to go with whats more profitable which I can kind of understand, instead of what's more fun. They're too afraid to take risks and it pisses me off

Most of what he said is false greed has allways been the overrideing factor to evrything its not complicated really.

>Roy AI
>I can't take it seriously

This is only the 300th time I'm seeing this post. Why can't you accept you just didn't get it?

You made the comment that studios are limited by commercial requirements. Indie devs aren't.

just to suffer

>2 wives
>A beautiful wife's son
>Thick long sausage on the grill
There glory days

Why cant MGS2 fags accept that there is nothing to get

>There's no lust for public service in offices of public service any more.
There never was. Psychopathic humans were always the ones to secure the positions of power, human nature didn't change because we invented the internet.

>People dread what the next president will be like rather than expecting a new one to come in and fix whatever problems exist.
How old are you to know that?

>We have wonderful things like Google and Wikipedia to serve as storehouses of knowledge where we can talk to people across the globe and look up anything in seconds. And it's made us lazy and entitled and rebellious. It's made people arrogant, too, everybody is a know-it-all, even me
picrelated. I have no idea how you link easy access to education to being entitled and rebellious.

For most people it's quite literally they didn't want to think about a game's story

MGS2 didn't want to think about it's story at the end.

I like that little comic.

>Ignorance annoys me.
Go back to re dd i t and die.

Me again. Basically, I'm not telling you that the world isn't shit or it isn't broken. But that it's much better than it was even a few decades ago.

I'm not even baiting though. The game is complete, it has an ending. The story is there, you just have to pay attention this time since its's not told through repeated obnoxious monologues. The cut mission can be viewed on YouTube and would have added little to the story other than reaolving one plot line. One cut mission does not mean the game wasn't finished.

Either present an argument or fuck off with your epic memes.

oh you mean the era when everyone was under threat from nuclear devastation? the one with the riots and ACTUAL racist police? shit sucked, yo

I'd rather live in Fallout than in this mass media nightmare.

Well congrats, you're retarded.

As a fan I agree, gameplay is always what brought me back to these games. 1 and 2 do deserve recognition for their story. 3 didn't do anything different really different and also has long cutscenes but they are forgivable in comparison to the clusterfuck that is 4. V had a superior story because it didn't force you to sit through hours of cutscenes you may not even care about and act like that makes up for the lack of gameplay. V may have a subpar unfinished story but the content of it is still of better quality than the connect the dots ruin the series ending Kojima pulled out of his ass for 4.

Kojima himself has admited the game was not finished what more do you need at this point?