youtube.com/watch?v=cXoNKKNjJeA
teamninja-studio.com/nioh/us/demo.html
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd
youtube.com/watch?v=OBU_9gTyjcg
youtube.com/watch?v=k7GLTwb98ss
youtube.com/watch?v=HPmUPfN33a8
youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0_D0nykqk
youtube.com/watch?v=9FVyDzfOCC4
change.org/p/koei-tecmo-bring-nioh-to-pc?recruiter=601353230&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition
change.org/p/from-software-release-bloodborne-for-the-personalized-computing-platform
youtube.com/watch?v=NXDi0AdgXOQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love it and I'm hyped as fuck.
It's gonna be great fun

Possibly my favorite thing about the Nioh beta is it prompted me to go try this game out after having played the first level when I was younger and thinking Murai was invincible.

Currently playing through on hard and fuck me if this isn't one of the most difficult and satisfying games of all time, definitely one of my favorites.

Also the doppelgängers are total bullshit

And the pcucks will never be able to put their fat, greasy hands on it.
It feels so damn good being part of the console master race.

Stop false flagging pcuck, this isn't a console war thread

>Implying I'm a pcuck
If I were one I would be begging for a port.

>this fucking comparison thread again

That's not the Ys series or Ninja Gaiden though?

The Souls games were never intended to be skill based. Miyazaki has said that since 2009, during the heyday of DeS when people complained about the difficulty. He designed the combat to be simple, visceral, and satisfying... and it has all those features in spades over Nioh.

Nioh is nice because it's starting to bridge a genre gap between action games and Souls games, where I think there is a potential niche space that represents balance of offense of games like DMC/NG/Bayo, and the defense and enemy awareness of Souls.

well said

>Dodge cancel is super fast meaning you don't have to commit to actions.
>Counter is auto.
>Nigh infinite stam bar.

How is this like Souls aside from a few similarities?

>mfw google this shit
>its true that japan used cat eyes to know the time

this dude is super over leveled . he probably has items affecting his stamina recovery as well. also wearing light armor affects your dodges

>still caring for this game after it was butchered for the beta

Neo-Nioh fans will never experience the perfection the Alpha demo was.

This is some anime shit.

idk most of the changes were nice . The only one they should have balanced a bit more was enemy health. A balance between the alpha and the beta

Yeah and he was using a wooden sword

youtube.com/watch?v=d_b68B4t68c

webm start at 2:44

>le epic dodges xd

I swear it's the same fucking retard everytime. Fucking kill yourself.

already did right here

No shame in making an inferior weeb copy looks like, Christ.

Finally, a thread I can shitpost in

its ok. I hope you find a game that brings you great joy in the future

>Stop false flagging pcuck, this isn't a console war thread
but the OP is false flagging and this is a console war thread

holy sheeeeeet

im going to sell my dog for a cat now

the only thing I hated was the lack of character creation. I don't want to be Geralt in Japan

The core mechanics changes were pretty much all for the worse. The Beta did do a lot of things right like adding more item shortcuts, adding some more unique skills (though splitting some up was good and bad, makes things a little more indepth but removes the discovery), and while Combo Pulse was useless on low stance, Dodge Pulse was great on high. A lot of people were too blinded by the content to see all the missteps made by the Beta in it's actual gameplay though, it's lost a part of it's samurai soul that it desperately needs back.

I don't like using boring swords games, I prefer fists or grapple moves. Is there a good game where I can slam and punch that isn't God Hand?

i preffer those controlled dodges to ds le roll game

wwe

why do the japs always have cool shit like this in their big games but i aint seeing shit like this anymore in western AAA

Stay mad bitch.

If you haven't played the DMC games, they always have fist weapons that are pretty great to use.
So far in this game though you can unequip your sword and punch people, it doesn't have very many moves (apart from a sick as hell sword catch parry) and can't block or Ki Pulse, but there's skills and effects to increase the damage. Also with 24 weapons types spread over who knows how many classes, there's a chance there'll be proper fist weapons added, but that's not really for definite.

Is that a mushroom demon?

Adding on what posted, the counters are button presses. First one was R1+Square and the second one was R1+Triangle. Don't know the exact frames it works with, but it isn't many.

It's a Tanuki, the "just a prank bro" yokai.
>mushroom
Eto...

Fucking japs.

So does anyone know if the gameplay demo from this stream has been made into a separate video from this?
youtube.com/watch?v=-E8FyqhNu9c
The Nioh part starts at 3:33, while the actual gameplay starts at 3:47. I'd like to put together the footage and info we have so if someone makes a real thread that can go in the OP or something. That stream has a more extended Kou-san playthrough and he manages to beat the boss through high damage rather than learning it. There's still some interesting stuff to go over and the actual talks from TGS haven't been fully translated by anyone yet from what I know.

I like those changes. A lot let confusing.

Wasn't too hard to figure out in practice but at a glance it's simpler. Doesn't let you see how your combos flow though, but what I don't get is that the Alpha had an alternate menu that was essentially the same thing, so they could have just kept that.
This has me curious about how they're reworking the weapon crafting. I asked for them to be able to pass inherited effects onto the weapon rather than having to replace their specific inheritable effects, something like that is the only reason I can see for them doing this.

>durability
Enough said.

>not owning both
Kek

I thought that was kitsune.

Also did they add low stance ki pulse back ? or was it only for this demo to make it easier for the crowd

i thought it was some mushroom monster the first time i saw it too
the tail on the head does it

Can you still download the demo?

Oh, I just noticed they've rebalanced the Familiarity numbers to be more even.
Was a good mechanic that worked with all the systems in place and was only hated by people that didn't play long enough or well enough to understand that and be able to deal with it. Or people with ADHD.
In the TGS demos, both high and low stance have Dodge Pulse. I really hope it's only for the demo since it's a really bad idea, but hope hasn't helped me yet.

You bring up a good point. There should be a Chinese inspired souls game where you can play a martial artists and kung fu grapple shit. Also there are tons of enemies that can grab the player so why cant we grab too?

Anyhoo, bloodborne toyed with the idea of going unarmed but you do piss damage so not worth it.

durability didnt make the game any better, only more tedious
i didnt have problems with it though, the way they handed you new weapons like candy you barely ever needed to repair one

I think its a dumb mechanic. i didnt like using my second best weapon

>I want to have to switch my weapon every 4 enemies
Lol k

West is obsessed with being "mature". Quirky shit is only okay when it's an empowered female doing it.

i think there should be a game based on hindu mythology. mainly the Mahabharata

here we go again
If you think taking less than a second to use an item or swap weapon every 15 or so fights at least (which is how long a weapon actually lasted, I could take any weapon through the entirety of Dazaifu) then you fall under the ADHD side of the bracket. The game's an action RPG focused on steady brutal combat with an explosive pace, it's not Ninja Gaiden. Having to replay the same levels meant durability had less of an effect later but was still a thing, but the whole point of getting multiple weapons is to work alongside that since you can swap on the very beginning and then offer them when you have good weapons.
And due to how many weapons you get and the many facilities for improvement now you never really had a "second best" weapon.
>I can't learn to fight efficiently

welp no point in complaining now that its gone

Hey, see that? Durability is out. Keep crying bitch.

i said i didnt have any trouble with it, numbnuts
having whetstones on your quick item slot was so great when you had 3 slots total
you sound pretty autistic m80

Skyward sword?

no unfortunately :(

shit used wrong webm. Its breasts of the wild

That makes no sense. They've made sweeping changes before, so they can revert those changes. That was the point of the Alpha and Beta. People complained about low stance losing Dodge Pulse without realising it was better on high stance, and now they seem to have put it on both. Don't be insufferably retarded.
>shit he's right how do I respond
Didn't even need them on your shortcuts, it still took less than a second to select and use. The problem for you there would be the lack of item shortcuts, which is fair and isn't what the game's built upon.
>anyone speaking sense is autistic

There really is no need for it durability. But maybe they could add an option to appease the alpha crowd

>he's right
You wish. I've seen you in dozens of nioh threads making the same points over and over, and always you've been shut down. I know it's you cause of your self fellating, kilometric posts. Guess what, majority rules, durability was deemed shit and you can defend it all you like, it's still not coming back. Last (you) I'll hive you. Keep. Crying. Bitch nigga.

>implying
Day one mark of the conqueror here
The only change that wasn't amazing was the lock on and I don't even mind it that much.

You having a giggle?

But user who said you can't beat people to death with your bare hands?

Explain to me how familiarity isn't a better system than durability

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not this weakling No, I'm a Conqueror.

It added a ton of variability to equipment and was important in balance, while opening a window for all kinds of enemies and encounters to use it and making you fight efficiently. Plus it would have been important in the economy, gave an actual reason to equip two weapons, made Familiarity more sophisticated and gave an actual punishment to death that wasn't too harsh but still something you wanted to avoid. Even fit the tone and setting. It's not a mechanic for all games,but in this they put it in like that for a reason.
lmao he has trouble reading and thinks he's ever made a point that refutes any I've made, the fact you actually think majority is a clear judge of anything speaks volumes, and you've not even made a point of your own in this post

>stabs him with his own sword then kicks him to death
he didn't strike him with his hands once

>i'm making sense and if you disagree with me you have ADHD
ok kid

>It added a ton of variability to equipment
No it didn't. You always had glue and whetstones so you just repaired it to full and moved on.
>and was important in balance
How?
>while opening a window for all kinds of enemies and encounters to use it and making you fight efficiently
Having to pause in the middle of a fight that doesn't pause is not a good system and it certainly isn't skill based in the slightest. If you actually think it is somehow skillful to navigate a menu during a fight you're an idiot.
>Plus it would have been important in the economy
How? It wouldnt change anything except having to repair equipment you like which you can do for free by breaking down whites.
>gave an actual reason to equip two weapons
And having varied attack ranges and damage outputs was not incentive enough?
>made Familiarity more sophisticated
No it wouldnt have. You would still just repair the items you like.
and gave an actual punishment to death that wasn't too harsh but still something you wanted to avoid
Literally how?
>even fit the tone and setting. It's not a mechanic for all games,but in this they put it in like that for a reason.
How exactly does Will aka the guy who doesn't know shit about weapon repair or armor repair gluing his armor together and sharpening his swords down to nubs fit the setting?

Well, for a start, they're not separate and it's not a replacement to Durability. Familiarity was already going to be in the game, it was in the Alpha but turned off. Familiarity as it is in the Beta makes your weapon stronger if you have it equipped for long enough and makes it's offer price slightly higher. That's it. There's nothing else particularly interesting to it, it's just "use the weapon you have, now it's better". Supposedly it would reward sticking with a weapon, which makes little sense in a loot based game and encourages stagnation and not experimenting with multiple weapons or ever changing things up even for curiosity's sake. You would think that the bonus Amrita would be a factor, but the increase is marginal, and you don't have to actually use the weapon, only have it equipped. On it's own it's ok, but it's missing something necessary to give it a sting, a kick, because otherwise it's just boring.

That's where Durability would come in. Durability already affects a lot more and is affected directly by how and what you fight, but it would serve as Familiarity's double edge. Now it becomes "if you can use this weapon and keep it maintained long enough, then you'll be rewarded". I use this comparison a lot, but it's a bit like Vagrant Story, only it's affected by your general fighting style and combat actions.
tl:dr it's not a replacement, and they were meant to be used together
What else am I to assume when using an item every once in a while when in an RPG equates to tedium for some people? The other option is you're another of those that want the game to be something it's not.

Except there is no FUCKING TRADE OFF BECAUSE YOU LITERALLY ALWAYS HAVE WHETSTONES YOU STUPID FUCKING FAGGOT
HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO REPEAT THIS
YOU EVEN ADMIT YOU ALWAYS HAVE WHETSTONES AS A REASON WHY ITS OKAY FOR DURABILITY TO COME BACK
SO WHY THE FUCKING FUCK EVEN BOTHER WITH IT WHEN IT IS JUST MORE TIME IN A MENU AND LESS PLAYING THE GAME JESUS FUCK
YOU ARE ARGUING THAT YOU WANT TO PLAY THE GAME LESS AND FUCK ABOUT IN MENU'S MORE
THE UI IS ONE OF THE WORST PARTS OF THE GOD DAMN GAME

holy shit dude calm down

i love this pasta

That's not what I mean by variability. Katanas have 200 durability, axes have 400. This is a big difference that highlights a different potential playstyle. Light armour broke much faster if you were hit, lending much more of an importance to not getting trapped, while heavy would withstand much more.
You completely misread my next point as well but you do bring something else up.
>Having to pause in the middle of a fight
When did I ever say in the middle of a fight? If your weapon broke in the middle of a fight that's your problem and you should have been prepared for it. You have two weapons or you can put them on the item slots, or you can fight on with a small damage decrease. Three different options to deal with a new situation that can now never happen.
What I meant before was that Durability is something they can base enemies and fights around as a different challenge. Shit like enemies that break your weapons rather than you, enemies with weakspots or big shields you have to avoid.
About the economy, it means you actually have to seek out equipment for that, and would have to buy repair items and fix them in the Blacksmith. Right now gold is almost entirely useless except for if you go all in on Soul Matching/Reforging, which drains it all before you see anything from it. There's no middleground.
>And having varied attack ranges and damage outputs was not incentive enough?
Honestly not really. The weapons are too well balanced with so many options that they can deal with anything if you want them to. I liked using all of the weapons but I still found myself going through whole stages with just one before I realised I hadn't swapped once.
About Familiarity I'll just defer to the other post I made.
Your weapons would still be damaged after dying.
Hey, Will's got a blacksmith friend, pretty much any warrior would know basic weapon maintenance. It's a dark brutal action RPG set in Feudal Japan.

Jeez, chill bro. You'd think with all the caps you'd have something new to say. How many times do I have to address this? We had a lot of repair items purely because of one big fight and repeating levels. Durability isn't only a problem when you don't have repair items, gauntlet fights that stop you from repairing if you have to are a thing too, and it's a factor in resource management. Cause you know, this is an RPG. Menus are playing the game, and don't even take long to go through, and the UI is fine and looks beautiful. Now look at this fucking spiritfu being cute.

The original and the best, it never gets old.

So no one know about this? There's a lot more gameplay to it than the other stage show, specifically with the boss, but linking the full stream each time would probably be a hassle.

we know, but no one seems to be willing to translate it

some autist on reddit might do it

Is there a separate video for linking here though rather than having to link the full stream with times? It'd be handy if someone could translate the stuff from day 2, that's when they talked more about the new changes. An user said he was going to do it, but at the time for new stuff he was only able to get that the director mentioned Magic being weak in regards to rebalancing skills, which is totally wrong but maybe he only meant purely offensive variation.

i cant seem to find any, someones got to do it though . But downloading a 7 hour video might be a pain in the ass

Now that theres a Samurai Souls coming out, i want a Wuxia Souls.

You got the wrong pic m8

nah lets have native american souls

Sure, that could be cool

But i really want new Wuxia games.

Such a criminally underused setting

>tfw Jade Empire was alright despite the flaws it had and could've been really great
I still had fun with it at least.

Seeing Tokugawa call Williams "Anjin" makes me really giddy.

>single player games
>skill
lmao

Guess I should post all the stuff that's compiled now at least.
youtube.com/watch?v=-E8FyqhNu9c 3:33 for start of Nioh section, 3:47 for the actual gameplay with spiders
youtube.com/watch?v=0w29AAndzCw Same level different playthrough
youtube.com/watch?v=05TNhL11-jQ 2:05 not gameplay just a lot of japanese words about the new changes
youtube.com/watch?v=O7Iu8ZNYa_U 2:18 for start, 2:37 for snow level gameplay start
youtube.com/watch?v=cXoNKKNjJeA different player same level

thanks m8

>tfw this is what the Alpha Nioh camera was like and it looks better even here

I knew I forgot something, the change lists

teamninja-studio.com/nioh/us/demo.html
gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/150475717907/tgs-nioh-balancing-toward-final-product This makes some of the badly worded parts a bit clearer.

And I'll throw in the old Beta guide for the hell of it. pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

I don't know about you guys but I think the level design is a bit off. None of the levels look particularly interesting visually either.

i think they looked ok, im not judging until the full game comes out htough

How much of the levels have you seen? That webm doesn't show too much but Dazaifu shrine was really striking in how it looked, and the rain pouring down really made it an experience. The level design so far has all been fairly unique too, with a lot of clever paths forwards and back. These are just the first few levels we've been getting too though, things might get more complex later.

they said there would be 20 main missions and 100 side missions. I just hope the side missions arent rehashes of rail of grasses

youtube.com/watch?v=OBU_9gTyjcg

Damm, why my Xbox had to die?. I want to learn programing as a hobby to make a PPSSPP or Dolphin good tier Xbox emulator. Where should i start, Cred Forums?.

I think they'll be on generally the same scale or a little bigger than Withered Grass, but there's a lot of different situations they could fit in that kind of scale.

Camera zooms in during the beta. Or was that because of the action camera?

>unseeable rockets the game

Action camera, turning it off stops the cool dramatic angles on grapples and parries.

How's the game? I missed the beta and the only reason I know the game exists is because it's that game with Gaeilge in the trailer for no apparent reason.

Good but easily breakable with many ways to cheese the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=k7GLTwb98ss

May or may not be the same in the final game.

Biased opinions may abound, but it's a really cool and fun game with a large skill ceiling and plenty variety for strategies. The changes to mechanics were worse in my opinion but the game still retains it's very enjoyable combat system even with the cracks. Gameplay of someone that really knows what they're doing is hard to come by but I'd recommend finding some because the game looks very different when comparing someone new to the game and someone more experienced. This guy's got good videos though.
youtube.com/watch?v=HPmUPfN33a8
youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0_D0nykqk
youtube.com/watch?v=9FVyDzfOCC4

Yeah, have fun killing dozen of shitty samurai warriors in some dull and boring map. But it's difficult, that surely is enough to make it a great game, right?

>but it's difficult

Ha.

Are you lost?

I wish you could get boss weapons; swinging around a giant ball on a chain or smacking people with an umbrella (ella) would be neat.

I think at the very least we'll get a sword hidden in an umbrella, and other cool stuff like that. The weapon designs already are great and there's a lot of folklore to draw from.

Or you could buy a clock.

Not nearly as cute.

>look at cat's eyes
>6
>it's 6

I'm sold.

Whites have been conditioned to be ashamed if their heritage, culture, and folklore.

Hanzo looks so much younger in the manga it's kinda weird.

nah you know what, instead of selling my dog im going to kill it. Then cook it and feed it to my new cat

what about blacks?

Gomenasai, my name is William-Sama.

I’m a 36 year old English Anjin (Navigator for you gaijins). I plot courses on my charts, and spend my days perfecting my map-reading and playing superior Nipponese games. (Hanafuda, Mahjong, Janken)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my scroll of sword mastery two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Nipponese fluently, both Kanji and the Kyushu dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Nipponese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Nipponese Red Seal, I am moving to Edo to attend a prestigious Academy to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a vassal to the Shogun or a merchant!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Nippon, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Nipponese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Zipangu!

>Cracker samurai

Dropped.

>this mix of webms
Now this is just funny. So what's the next step in your master plan?

Google William Adams.

civil war

This is what Nioh is about? He was a fucking ship navigator and a tradesmen. The samurai title was honorary.

It's obviously pandering to white weebs, but whatever.

It worked, I guess.

>bloodborne toyed with the idea of going unarmed but you do piss damage
If you use Kos Parasite without Milkweed Rune and have decent arcane you can hit pretty hard unarmed. Also Beast Claws.

I really hope Nioh does have some kinda ninja claws or gauntlets.

i want a Kusarigama

The main character is loosely based on the guy. They just threw some yokai and combat into the mix but anyone getting mad at having to play a white samurai is generally uninformed. He's incredibly famous and popular in Japan.
There was also that one fist weapon that you equipped instead of a gun.

>"Finally"

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how well it's working even with you being so transparent. But why keep this up? Just let people talk about videogames, there's plenty of other places for shitposting, why go after these games?

You have to remember that although the gameplay and everything is being handled by the Tecmo side of things this was a game originally envisaged by Koei. Their entire schtick is taking historic events and turning famous strategists and politicians into wizards and demons and shit.

Gratia's Fist was useless, though, KP and Claws could actually wreck shit.

I think that was confirmed.

because i love the chaos

Good luck with that. Unless you have a natural talent for it, you will need about 10 years of very complex coding experience to even start.

Was it really? I just remember it could stagger just about anything but couldn't parry, which might be alright if you have something else for parrying.

Everyone expects a kusarigama because of it showing up on the equipment screen background along with guns. 24 weapon types too.

Then go to where chaos is, don't try and bring it to where it doesn't belong, it's not chaos that you're causing.

The stagger was basically useless because everything you could stagger with it could recover before you had the chance to capitalise on it, and there were other things (Beast Roar primarily) that did the same thing better.

IS this the thread where we post darksouls webms?

Yes show me your curved sword

show me your horney ring pvp

what sort of weapons do you guys expect to be in the full game?

bring nioh to pc guys:

change.org/p/koei-tecmo-bring-nioh-to-pc?recruiter=601353230&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

TETSUBO

I see. That'd be a shame but I guess it'd also depend on which attack they do afterwards and could be alright for stopping attacks for free. I might give it a shot anyway cause at the very least it's damn cool.
I expect and demand a nodachi. Also that it hopefully wouldn't be slow, I just want to slice and cleave.

kek almost 50,000 people signed a petition to bring bloodporne to pc and nothing happened

change.org/p/from-software-release-bloodborne-for-the-personalized-computing-platform

A weapon that makes omnyo worthwhile. Something like an incense burner on a chain you can smack yokai with

>nodachi
just looked it up. Looks fucking badass. hopefully it doesnt use the skills from katana tree

i want there to be at least one fun weapon.like in boodborne there was the wheel and the whirligig saw. I want something ridiculous

>implying Onmyo magic isn't already kamisama tier support and was too strong in both demos
Even the very few attack spells it has are strong, Guardian Spirit talismans being one of the best skills. One of those buddhist monk staves would be cool though, and that'd probably scale from the stat.

Go away, Casey.

did hammers and axes have different movesets? i cant remember

Nope, axes and hammers were rolled into one.

>current year
>a souls rippoff that has no character creation/customization
>forced to play as a cis white weeb man instead

Why is this even allowed?

Because Japan

Love you, George!

>implying Team Ninja gives a shit about PC ever again after the so called 'PC Master Race' broke their promise to Team Ninja not to release Nude mods for DoA 5 Last Round PC port.

Is this game really that good?

I played the demo for like 5 minutes one night and it seemed like there was a lot to learn before you can start playing properly so I didn't bother.

youtube.com/watch?v=NXDi0AdgXOQ

you can get the basics down in 5-15 min. its really not that.

*not that bad

But this game is extremely easy to cheese. WAY more so than Souls. Despite this, the game will only get easier at release due to the beta feedback of all the Souls players.

>100% unlimited nijitsu
>scrolls of unlimited ammo
>Putting all your points into Spirit and becoming a super tank with top-tier damage
>parrying

It's really fun. Even though there are lots of advanced techniques, you don't need to learn them to play. On my first character, I only used the heavy stance

i think the game will be just as hard as the beta but we wont know for sure until the game comes out. this user was nice enough to link us the beta feedback

This is a really good video for showing a lot of the better techniques, but on the Mind's Eye part it doesn't really show that it can activate on side dodges as well, just in case anyone was unsure.

ah thanks for clearing it up

This is something that really bugs me. All the cheese strats were available even in the Alpha, but people still complained about the game being too difficult. So instead of focusing more on balancing those, they messed with the Ki mechanics and lock on movement. And again with the new change list there's not really any specific mentioning of toning down the really overpowered stuff, and it doesn't sound like people brought it up enough (as evidenced by them supposedly thinking Magic was weak, if that user was right), so we just have to hope they know what they're doing.

Man that was such a self-absorbed post. I mean, it's true, but it's worded in a way that most would dismiss it as gloating.

I'm not a huge fan of "super hard" games typically, unless the gameplay is simplistic and responsive (Souls games work very well) so I played Nioh and got both marks, but the struggle got tedious for me, sapped my will to continue playing multiple times (I spent 90% of my time playing the beta in that one cave before Hino-Enma with the unnecessary amount of giant oni that can bust half your HP with a single hit) and realized using high stance is pretty much useless for me because it's effectiveness comes from pushing a metric fuckton of buttons in a very short period of time to attack and switching stances again to go back to a more dodge-friendly stance. When I realized how responsive I need to be, how the game expects me to be better than I can ever be, I decided it's not for me.

Nioh looks like a fantastic game, it's just not accessible enough for old faggots like I. It's doable, and I can probably 100% complete the game if I put enough time in it, but I won't feel satisfied from doing it. I'm conquered.

Now this. This I like. Thank you for taking it to the next level. Just wish it was the original self censored version.
>mfw conquered posts

see

a 360 runs it well, and its available on the marketplace for 10$ I think, if you dont own the disk.

A lot of button presses isn't really all that necessary for high stance, that's more a stance of timing and positioning, but it's a shame you felt like you couldn't keep up, because it sounds like you were going along the road to mastery just fine. If you truly needed help there's always summoning though, and there's also using all the different Jutsus and ranged weapons. You just have to keep at it and keep focus, and put a little training in to realise how you want to play.
No. He's defeated, but not truly conquered. There's a strong spirit in there yet, even if he doesn't see it.

>A lot of button presses isn't really all that necessary for high stance,
Allow me to clarify.
If you're sticking to high stance in a fight, or switching to it, your dodge becomes very poor, and you NEED to be able to dodge to survive, so unless you can kill an enemy in a single combo, you'll need to switch.
So the best method is to ki pulse switch to the high stance, attack a couple times, switch back, which really tires my hands out and if I fuck up a single button press I can die. Such precision is needed for certain enemies (which the Beta made a job of introducing, then throwing a shitload of them at you - the giant oni I'm most buttflustered about) that I can see myself getting completely burned out quickly. I've never been great at videogames, but I'll continue casually playing DMC/Bayonetta/other hack and slash but I'll never be able to pull off any sort of cancel or even Vergil's 'just'. It's beyond my capabilities as a human being.

I feel a little worse on the inside whenever people get mad that games are "too easy" and I find them difficult.

Sounds like the expanded dojo will be exactly what you need.

So is this the new Lords of the Fallen?

I give it two weeks, tops.

Nah its better and has a lot of potential

Anti-Denuvo and Fromdrones are mad as fuck that a sequel has already been confirmed. It's a better, Western take on the Souls formula with greater than Japanese production values that blows Bloodborne out of the water.

>A LOOSELY Souls-style game with INSANELY better graphics.
>Motion-captured animations.
>Westernized/European aesthetic and ideals.
>Dynamically placed, ambient music cues
>A FULLY REALIZED, immersive story with a set character that's actually voiced.
>FULLY voiced audio notes
>Mouths actually move when characters talk
>Stops at NG++.
>Much harder, REALISTIC fighting.
>Metroid/Castlevania style exploration.
>Crafting
>Don't have to worry about retards interfering with your game
>A much MORE rewarding Level-up system that emphasizes risk versus playing it safe.
>No retarded marathon runs to get back to a boss
>Boss weapon drops are dependent on how you battle/kill a boss, making strategy VERY rewarding.
>It's on PC

My first character I only used high stance and never switched. There's no need to switch to dodge. High stance dodge has MORE invincibility frames, but costs more stamina and lasts longer. Low stance actually requires better reaction time to dodge because the windows are smaller and the dodge is much quicker.

Your strategy should be to dash into the yokai, attack twice, and dash out all in high stance. Only four button presses.

When you get better you would add in skills, try to get behind the enemies, etc. Switching stances is for the ki pulse, skill access, and less stamina costs when dodging/blocking.

Too bad it's soooo slow.

But did you use an A press or half an A press?

High stance dodge isn't actually that poor at all. You just have only one far dodge so you have to make it count. It sounds like you could also have just used heavy armour and focused on your defense instead though, or stuck to mid or low stance or used the jutsus that stop or slow enemies, there's a lot of different options available.
Never say never though, and there's nothing really wrong with being not immediately great at a game, everyone has to start somewhere, but it sounds like you'd do just fine with a little more finetuning. The game pushes you to be at your best (at least it surely did in the Alpha), but what it really asks of you isn't too much. And if all else fails there's multiplayer. That's something to think about though, a hard game always has some options or tools to make things easier to deal with, but easy games can't really do the same thing, so don't feel too bad about people finding things too easy.

>>>Much harder, REALISTIC fighting.
yeah it plays like a bunch of larp fat ass nerds who can barely swing weapons

Our copypastas are better than your copypastas!

I tried this when it was free on PS+ and while I did really like the graphics and environments, the combat just didn't feel right to me.

Any attacks that hit me or my enemies didn't feel very powerful.

The voiced characters sounded alright but the lip movements didn't synch too well.

I did like the risk reward aspect giving a multiplier for exp the longer you went without saving though.

KEEP THREAD ALIVE

I REFUSE

The wind blows. It is 7 in the morning, William-sama woke up to the cold morning. He got up, and went to the bathroom to wash his face. William-sama live in the traditional Dazaifu shrine, he only fought in a room though. The young couple is nice enough to let him stay in their shrine. William-sama grepped his kimono and wear it like a proper nihonjin, he walk to a window and smell the fresh nihonjin morning. “Ah, konbanwa anatas. What beautiful morning desu.” William-sama zoned out looking at the beach from his room. William-sama went upstairs to greet the couple. “Ah, ohayou Muneshige-san and Ginchiyo-chan”. The couple replied him with a warm smile and proceed with their breakfast while inviting William-sama. Although William-sama can not understand them, he easily could read what the couple is trying to say, he is born with this talent. “Arigato.” William-sama said, he then went downstairs to take a few things. He took a bokken and a katana, the katana is hidden in his kimono and the bokken is on his obi, this is to avoid his weapons breaking as he was warned last time by conquerors. William-sama will be going on his usual morning walk to sightseeing the glorious nihonjin country. “Itadakimasu Muneshige-san and Ginchiyo-chan”, they gave him a mixed smile and a slightly confused expression.

>Weeaboo simulator straight out of 2005
Of course Cred Forums will be all over this shit.

MY COCK CAN WALK RIGHT THROUGH THE DOOR!

William-sama reached the village near the beach, he like to watch kodama playing as it is a something that can warm his pure heart. Suddenly, a sudden tremor. No, it’s more terrifying than that, it’s an earthquake, a huge one. The ground was shaking and beginning to crack, William-sama look at the kodama, they were running away terrified, “minna san! do not run around! Stay in place!” The kodama couldn’t understand what he was saying, he gestured what he was trying to say, he ordered the kodama to stay at the shrine as it is too difficult to find them all. But that was William-sama’s mistake, he look at the ship from afar. It was huge, a yokai is coming. William-sama widened his eyes and look at the kodama and yelled every Japanese word he knew “Arigatou gozaimasu! Gomenasai! Run away minna-san!” The kodama ran away, the oni is coming, it was at least 100ft tall. William-sama was ashamed with himself, he should have anticipated this, if he did the kodama would be far away by now. “sumimasen mina-san, it was my mistake”, he took his hidden katana and dual wield with the bokken and katana. As he ran towards the yokai trying to stop it, he uttered his last words. “Arigatou Tachibanas. For taking care of me” The onryoki strikes. A shout is heard; “I'm a Conqueror!”.

Doppelgangers best fight. X+A is wind run. Auto homing jump. Sounds useless, but less you get that flying swallow for a counter. Also use the flying bird flip slash. You can combo and counter too, but it takes precise timing, and the way the damage is scaled you'll take a beating if you mistime. Most fun series. DMC is good too. Souls is good but unrewarding. That's my only real dig against it. You never really feel badass playing it

laughed my ass off. thank you for this