Do you agree milsim is fun?
also milsim thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tlob0vEuwoY
youtube.com/watch?v=Sil78cF7Euc
youtube.com/watch?v=G8QBx3A20A8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

sure, put ~800 h into a3 before the marksman dlc hit. uninstalled after that. more realism =/= more fun.

might reinstall when new ace hits with shacktac grenade mod included. or at least that's what i head was planned.

The thing with with videogames is that they allow us to experience things we can't experience in real life.

So yes, the more realism, the better.

Are there milsims that have a lot of unrealistic tricks and fun stuff to do?

Talking shit like bf loopzooking and launching a friendly tank in the air with c4 and having it blow a plane out of the sky shit.

Well it wouldn't be a milsim if they were possible

yes it's fun

but full of tryhard autismos

who loved iron front liberation 1944?

Well i'm not invested in the genre, but there are games that are intended as serious military business but still allow weird stuff. i.e. counterstrike bunnyhopping, sniping while jumping, etc.

Invalid question since no milsims exist on the market.

cs is a serious military business? What?

Squad >>> ARMA

Well you can drive sports car, and reach speeds up to 300 km/h.

>be intended as serious military business
>Counter Strike
No. It isn't.

For example, ArmA, PR things (BF Project Reality, Squad...) is milsim, but CS, Battlefield (vanila), COD isn't.

Maps are still too small for my taste.

>Anything from Ubisoft
>Milsim

dis

RIFLEMAN
ONE HUNDRED METERS
EAST

>slow movement
>can't shoot well while moving
>real life weapon clones
>focus on tactical team positioning

I call those qualities of a "realistic" themed military game. The fact that you people have some autistic category split doesn't mean everyone knows that or is oblivious to the differences.

>Nothing's related with Ubi in the post
>referring Ubisoft
???

>slow movement
everybody runs most of the time
Not true in real life
>real life weapon clones
similarities end with the looks
Everybody runs around jumping out of corners

If you can't notice the difference between this
youtube.com/watch?v=tlob0vEuwoY
youtube.com/watch?v=Sil78cF7Euc

and this
youtube.com/watch?v=G8QBx3A20A8

It's you who are the autist.

It just got added in the newest ace3 update.

>If you can't notice the difference between this
I see the difference alright. I asked for games with weird tricks with a military theme. Answer my question or tell me to gtfo so i don't have to be part of this shitflinging contest you're trying to have over nothing.

I just played four hours of Onward after meaning to fire it up for a second to make sure it worked. VR milsims are the future.

Well, you've basically described most shooters. Most have a theme of a modern military but allow for all that silly stuff.

My only issue with this game, is that it doesn't have a proper PVP faction vs. faction mode like Battlefield. King of the Hill servers don't count.

No, you asked for weird tricks in a milsim, not a military themed game. To answer your question - there are no milsims. Even arma heavily simplifies a ton of aspects it simulates.

Well the game doesn't really work like that. Some pub servers have game modes that work like that but the game isn't geared for it.

Definitely.

I'd wish it did, so that we'd have the seriousness of both teams with the Army vs. Army concept of Battlefield. I guess I'll be focusing more on Squad when I get it then. Since most of the severs I play, are usually the Co-op ones in this one.

Time sunk and coordination needed just don't work like that. Battlefield gets away with constant big battles and tanks exploding everywhere and so on because it takes 30 seconds to get back in the fight. When you spent half an hour getting somewhere and 10 minutes planning that move, you're going to play more conservatively.

>slow movement
Maybe if you're walking
News flash, in real life, bullets don't go 450 different directions once it leaves the barrel unless you're standing still.
>real life weapons clones
Go tell /k/ that. 99% of guns in CS either don't exist or are renamed and butchered to shit.
lol, "team"

>calling CS realistic
>calling other people autistic for not thinking so

Nope, it's you with the autism. Go back to /r/gaming.

PR > Squad > ARMA

After Squad gets all the features PR has and does not run like a sack of shit for most people (i.e. the animation system gets the overhaul they've planned on doing and other stuff), it's most likely going to surpass PR.

But goddamn is PR a good mod.

I wish my computer ran it well, getting a new PC in about a month and plan on playing the shit out of it.

As for Arma 3, I make missions all the time for coop with a friend or 2. Really fun being able to make a scenario exactly how you want it, and it's so easy now with the 3d editor. I just wish it was 10 years from now just to see the improvements in AI and engine.

Squad only runs on high end PC's

Arma can run on older equipment.