Why is this one legendary pokemon so popular?

Why is this one legendary pokemon so popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nn8OikaQOEg
youtube.com/watch?v=z9GsbRlAGR4
youtube.com/watch?v=yL4ZjMacMoc
youtube.com/watch?v=NxC-uaw8gOk
youtube.com/watch?v=pnxKiT6rBws
youtube.com/watch?v=_aWyb1S0f7I
e621.net/post/show/993091/2016-all_fours-anthro-anus-balls-big_anus-big_ball
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it was the final boss in the first game

/thread

How old are you?

It was the most powerful Pokémon in the first generation

Because he's thicc

Genwunners

>Implying it isn't the most Powerful Pokemon of all gens

What a dumb question.
It was the most powerful of the first pokemon, it was actually in the game and people could fight it, it had its own fucking movie and it could talk

The most powerful pokemon of all gens is moody bibarel

because of the movie probably.

>gen 1
>edgy backstory
>was legit the strongest pokemon of its time and is still among one of the stronger ones
>was in smash
>has two mega forms
>psychic powers
>had a movie
>talks in the anime

gee i dunno

>/threading your own post

Genwunners, the movie and the fact it was more broken than Mega Rayquaza thanks to Gen 1 Mechanics.

I meant statwise, user

Don't forget cool design.

Because he's the baddest mother fucker of all the legendaries. And his movie was dope.

>was in smash
yeah and he sucks dick

>>was legit the strongest pokemon of its time and is still among one of the stronger ones

Only because Gamefreak keeps giving it special treatment.

he's pretty good in smash 4 desu

it's not powerful enough to be banned from Ubers

He's okay now.

So does Roy but being in smash still makes him the most popular Great Lord

I haven't kept up to date with the Pokemon anime/movies. Minus Arceus, how strong is Mewtwo meant to be compared to all the other legendaries? I'd say only Giratina might stand a chance.

He's also a decent mixture of 'animal' and 'human' so he hits that sweet spot where people on either side of the fence can accept him.

Also Furfags love him i'm sure.

>Mewtwo vs. Arceus

Who wins? Can MewTwo kill God?

I don't think there are any "canon" power rankings or something like that.

But Mewtwo is definitely up there.

>161
He's one of the more popular lords surely.

Nothing can beat Arceus.

Because he was fucking invincible and could control people's minds and was going to have Pokemon take over the world.

It was badass stuff to an 8 year old.

I mean you can sort of infer based on what's been shown. The regis and Regigas are obviously among the top, with Darkrai and Celebi being pretty much on the bottom.

I want a Mewtwo wife

How would you rank groudon/kyogre vs palkia/dialga/giratina vs mewtwo vs lugia/ho-oh?

And what about the fucking reshiram/zekrom/kyuurem ones?

Why is this one legendary pokemon so unpopular?

crabhammer

Mew and Celibi are the qtest pokemon

He's a goddam alien. I don't even consider Mewtwo a regular pokemon, he's just straight up an alien.

wait: who doesn't like Mew?

>he's just straight up an alien
that's Deoxys. Mewtwo is a clone.

It was a complete edgelord if you have seen the movies.

Autists claiming she was canonically raped and forced to give birth to a half-human half-Pokémon abomination. Metafags assmad about the generationswapping if you want all the TMs. From certain angles looks like a goddamn fetus.

That's the question but Kyuurem is meant to be stronger than Reshi and Zekky while Palkia and Dialga control time and space so I'd say they're stronger than Groudon and Kyogre.

>Canonically raped

Didn't they just take some of Mew's DNA and used that?

>Looks like a goddamn Fetus

That's the fucking point.

Ripped off the right things

Sounds sexy

Human on Pokemon is the best

>Autists claiming she was canonically raped and forced to give birth

They do realize there is a thing called artificial insemination, right?

Celebi made Grass great again. Too bad nobody had it because you had to own a japanese cellphone or some shit.

Wow Celebi is cute

I wish Ash would go all out sometime and fucking capture a legendary and then use it to win a league

Can a human impregnate a scientific monstrosity?

Mew is cute also.

Fuck Jirachi and all the rest though

>tfw tobias comes back and steamrolls him with mega rayquaza

Because Mewtwo is an example of an edgelord done right

She would actually have human DNA so it might be possible.

Likely to be a horribly deformed baby with massive health issues though.

He's the most human looking Pokemon.

You have no idea how these things work, do you? If there's an offspring it would only be sterile. And possible have awesome traits like being xbox hueg

What about this fine gentleman?

Not sure why people got so mad about Tobias. The Pokemon anime has always featured legendaries as simply another species of Pokemon. Remember that episode with baby Lugias?

He's not human looking. He's just a somewhat human face.

Mewtwo isn't a natural occurrence, it was completely lab created. It's main point would be to battle, so reproduction would not be cared about. Hell, it's more likely she would be sterile herself with all mating urges suppressed.

Mewtwo is more human than Pokemon

Because he's an edgelord who popped out of nowhere just to shut Ash down with legendaries.

>jews
>human

But his Darkrai wasn't a legendary is my point. It was just another Pokemon.

>Gen 1
>Pokemon
>Final boss
>Nostalgia
>Main antagonist of the first movie
>Smash

And this last season featured another edgelord that swat ash's super Greninja mode in ONE ATTACK.

I want a Mewtwo wife to impregnate

He was and still is one of the strongest Pokemon ever, the final boss with a neat design. He got the first ever Pokemon movie which has a theatrical release about him and got into Melee

TL;DR you are underaged

Wish granted.

I remember Mewtwo from like 4th grade. I saw the movie and everything.

Wasn't it made on like a weird oil rig science thing and he destroyed it?

Island. Yea.

Tobias was a last second asspull with no actual buildup, he just suddenly forced himself into the Tournament's list of entrants because the writers made Ash's team too powerful and he already beat Paul, his only relevant rival in Sinnoh.
It wouldn't have been so bad if he didn't seem like a Gary Stu because of his speshul snowflake Darkrai that solo'd all the gyms ON TOP OF HAVING A LATIOS.
Bear in mind Rise of Darkrai came before the League, so it was established Darkrai isn't just an average Pokemon, but a Legendary/Mythical.

>dem vagina bones

>509934 Dragon Claw + Blast Burn
>one attack

Was in the first movie, was super powerful in the game he debuted etc.

Because he was the focus of the first movie.

sure Mew was there but it's all about Mewtwo.

For the last fucking time, the Pokemon anime has long since established that "legendaries" from the movies aren't legendaries in the show. That Darkrai was just a regular Pokemon and so was his Latios.

>CTRL+F "Stadium"
>0 results

Seems everyone but me is underaged.

She even has a carrying handle

You guys ready for SM?

youtube.com/watch?v=nn8OikaQOEg

>what's the matter, trainer?

I don't understand.

>Mewtwo and Mew face off.
>Made too look they were evenly matched when Mewtwo was created to be a more powerful Mew.
>Clones hyped up to be better than the regular.
>Mewtwo goes and makes them all the same just because.

What's ubers

With how fast super greninja was hyped up, it should have been able to dodged that blast bun.

Mewtwo was the final boss in Pokemon Stadium, 1 v 6 and he still could sweep your whole team if you weren't prepared.

he's a high tier sm4sh char tho

>The regis and Regigas are obviously among the top
Really? What makes them so strong in particular? They seem nothing special.

Eh, every battle I've seen of it just has everyone using a team of rentals and having rental electrode spam flash until Mewtwo can't do anything.

>psychic was the bad ass class in gen 1
>the ultimate final pokemon was actually the most bad ass scientific experiment gone wrong psychic pokemon of all time
thats why

back then it was special. today every pokemon is an ultra ultimate legendary uber bullshit whatever pokemon.

Pirate taxi service

Yes but the SAME SHOW had a movie in which Darkrai almost holds his own against both Dialga and Palkia at the same time.

And you're ignoring the no build-up point, it's not just an issue with them being legendaries, it's unsatisfying as a narrative because it's such an asspull.

Lore-wise, Regigigas supposedly towed entire continents with raw strength and rope and created the other Regis.
The others are pretty much standard golems.

>Because it was the final boss in the first game
Optional postgame content =/= final boss

>she
I thought mew was genderless(male)?

He was the most powerful pokemon in the first 3 gens
Got usurped by Arceus in Gen 4
I skipped Gen 5 so idk
He appeared to be back on top in gen 6, then ORAS brought Mega Fug.

I hate this meme, but in this particular case, I'm pretty sure it's at least sometimes legitimate autism

No, "Genderless" is a fan-made term. In-game it just says "Gender unknown".

Megas are stupid. They should just be regular evolutions.

>she
Mewtwo is a genderless guy

Because they are nothing special. Dunno where he got that from.

Arceus is of course at the top.
Then Palkia, Dialga and Giratina as they're aspects of the universe itself.
Rayquaza comes next as do Groudon and Kyogre, as even before mega it could stop the two Primals.
Zygarde 100% is basically a giant cop.
Next we have Xerneas, Yveltal and Regigigas, who are all powerful but nothing "OP". Regigigas in particular is hindered by its own sleep.
Ho-oh and Lugia are also powerful, and Ho-oh still has an overpowered power that not even Arceus has, which is the ability of resurrecting.
Probably next is the pixies as they can work with the enemy's mind.
Then Landorus, which is a "boss" of two other Pokemon.
Every other legendary i didn't mention goes here and is pretty equal.

Post Mewtwo girls

Yeah, but shit like Groudon, Raquaza, Dialga or Giratina seem to be above even that.

Where the fuck do Reshiram and Zekrom even come into it.

Sure thing dude.

Well part of the point of them is that they have to be holding an item to mega evolve, so their inability to hold an item with an effect somewhat offsets how OP they are.

I mean imagine how dumb mega slowbro would be if it could hold leftovers, or if mega alakazam could hold choice specs

It also was the main villain of the first movie.

Look up further in the post chain. We were talking about that fanmade "female" Mewtwo.

Then eviolite would step in

>Rent Jynx, Ditto, Slowbro
>Lead with Jynx and put to sleep
>Have Ditto come in and Transform
>Amnesia to 999 and kick his ass (or in the case of R1 just keep hitting him)
>Slowbro as backup

Not that hard. Or you could have something spam Flash/Sand Attack until he can't land a hit.

That's even more stupid.

Megas are OK. Breathed new life into old Pokémon while giving us some proper boss fights.

Legendary Megas is the mistake. Like who the fuck ever looked a Mewtwo's stats and went "hmm, well, clearly this one needs a buff"

youtube.com/watch?v=z9GsbRlAGR4

But if they were just regular evos, thrn they could have treated them as regular evos and not given them all blanket +100 stat boosts.

They should give old pokemon better BST or a proper evolution instead of letting them either rot away or give them a mega

>Eh, every battle I've seen
Maybe if you actually played the games instead o watching pewdiepie do it you would know better you underage fuck.

kys already

But then you have a power creep since you now have 6 OP mons on your team. Megas force you to choose one.

Yeah, Mewtwo was a motherfucker. Though to be fair he was absolutely nothing compared to the rest of R2.

>Like who the fuck ever looked a Mewtwo's stats and went "hmm, well, clearly this one needs a buff"
Kids. In case you didn't know Pokemon is made for them. Kids like transformations and flashy things. Legendaries have never been balanced in the first place, making them a little more powerful doesn't change anything and kids like them.

Yep that really helped shit like Rhydon, Magmar and Lickitung, eh? They definitely aren't rotting away, no no no.

Jesus. What a sick individual

In some cases I agree, mega kanga would have been a lot cooler if it was a normal evo with less of a stat increase so it could use its ability without being overpowered.

Most of them were only designed for the point of the mega evo though, if they weren't doing it as a whole new feature it would have made more sense to just make more new pokemon instead.

Gen1 pandering.
God X/Y was so bad.
>here's an additional starter from Kanto
>here's a forest that's damn near 1:1 of Viridian Forest
>here's some kanto references out the ass
>oh yeah, can't forget mewtwo

But then that would be giving the eviolite op.
Eviolite is so powerful they literally cannot give out new evos anymore without breaking things.
Hence Mega and Aloan form

Bite me, I didn't have an N64 as a kid so I barely got to touch Stadium.

When everything is OP, nothing really is.

It's a single player game for 10 year olds, it doesn't need to be sterile and ultra-balanced. And they don't need to be overpowered. The only Pokemon should have been the ones who needed to get fixes to be usable in the game.

Arceus > Ho-oh >= Dialga = Giratina = Palkia = Mewtwo > Mew > Regigigas > Kyuurem > Zekrom = Reshiram > Rayquaza > Groudon = Kyogre = Lugia > the rest

Oh, you were That Kid that was too poor to own videogames, got it.

They at least tried to address it in sixth gen by giving a bunch of old Pokemon subtle stat buffs like buffing Raichu's base speed.

What's wrong with that? What, you hate the fact that the games acknowledge gen 1's existence now?

Man, I forgot how slick that theme was. Stadium had a good OST.

>Eviolite
Literally who cares about the multiplayer

There's only like one eviolite in a game and it's a late game item.

>Also, fuck you The_Shadow_Hog.

Arceus and Ho-Oh are clearly just overhyped local deities. Mew has the DNA of EVERY Pokémon in it, it's scientifically proven to be on top.

>single player is the only mode
Stop this

Shit yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=yL4ZjMacMoc

youtube.com/watch?v=NxC-uaw8gOk

That's not really true though, it can result in a metagame that gets completely centralized around hyper offense. That's what was happening for a while when megas first came out actually.

It's still absurdly powerful to the point that all future design desicions have to revolve around the fact that it exists

>It's still absurdly powerful
Does anyone even use eviolite on anything besides chansey?

If it ruins the game so much and inhibits the devs from making any fun changes or fixes then they should remove or nerf it.

Not only having the DNA of every Pokemon means shit in fighting prowess, but you can't even get your facts right.
SAID isn't "scientifically proven".

Well what's wrong with it is that it's trying to pass off it's own shittiness by pandering hard to the widest audience. Rather than trying to be a new and unique, it would rather try and stroke off old games, and only gen 1, nothing else.

>Literally who cares about the multiplayer
Everyone who actually wants to have fun and challenging battles?

The story doesn't provide those

It's definitely those hips.

Everyone who plays multiplayer just uses cheats/injectors to synthetically create the perfect Pokemon with perfect stats.

>Ho-Oh right after Arceus
>better than pokemons who can control time and space
Yeah, no. That's a bullshit tier and you know it.

Well it's probably the biggest reason knock off got A massive buff

Yes it is, they're just reserving themselves for future developments like all good scientists would. Since Mew can learn every move and nobody else can it's pretty clear who's on top.

>a Mew
What did emerald meant by this?

>not his qt tail and belly
you are smalltime

You've never played Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 have you?

gen 1 > gen 5 > gen 2 > the rest

In music department

It does in this case.

How did I just miss the enemy pokemon with my 100% accuracy attack?

My accuracy stat wasn't dropped nor the enemy's evasion buffed

you don't know what final boss is

final boss is the last boss the game gives you, in this case is mewtwo

higher speed = more evasion

100% is more like 95%. Every move has worse accuracy then the game tells you.

I adore hg/ss music

Paradox helped Gamefreak develop the game.

The final boss is your rival, though. Mewtwo isn't until postgame, AFTER the credits.

mewtwo has cute feet

fujos want to fuck him

That there are more than just one?

your rival isn't the final boss you autist. Your rival is the antagonist.

the final boss is mewtwo.

The only movies snthat can't miss are the ones that say "move lands without fail" in its description

Would you suck her soles?

>Since Mew can learn every move

No one fucking cares about tr4sh.

That's not what people mean when they talk about "final boss," it means the boss that is the culmination of the storyline. Post-game stuff is essentially side quests. It's arguable whether Mewtwo is really a boss at all since the only point of its being there is catching it.

>Your rival is the antagonist.
No he's not you illiterate, the antagonist is Giovanni and team Rocket.

Then who the fuck is your rival?

user, mega fug is the most powerful pokemon of all gens

i bet her toes taste like marshmallows

>it means the boss that is the culmination of the storyline.
Mewtwo then.

You did read the notebooks at the mansion right before the elite four, right?

Yes but that is for when the enemy has boosted evasion

If a move has 100% accuracy, then it will or should always hit assuming no stat changes, bright powder or any ability interfering or something

Come to think of it, bright powder is the only explanation I would have

Your rival is your rival.

Just turn off your brain bro.

Its just a game lmao

Big Bad Boss is Mewtwo.
Antagonist is Giovanni(your dad) and team Rocket.
Rival is your rival.

enough said.

>Mfw Mew was actually in Red and Blue

BLUE my mind as a kid. Mew was so intriguing back then. Him and PikaBLU.

user get the fuck out

MRayquaza is the most powerful, Mewtwo is close tho.

>Giovanni(your dad)
Nah.

>Zekrom = Reshiram > Rayquaza
Why though

Mew can learn every move. But stupid trainers can't teach every move.

Once Crabhammer becomes a TM in Gen 7 Mew will learn it.

There's a difference between acknowledgement and having so little faith in new ideas or creativity that you have to pander to it at every opportunity.

WHAT FUCKING FRANCHISE HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING?! Every """new""" game is just Red/Blue with a flaking coat of paint.

Are you saying Silver/Ruby/Diamond/Black were fucking original?

Black was original as fuck you autismal goose.

I will end you.

Most pokémon that got megas wouldn't actually care about using eviolite.

Fuck off Mew

What pokémon game are you playing and where are you at?

Fuck off You

Because booty.

I'd guess it's a programming mistake. Often those kind of checks are done by generating a random number, then comparing it to accuracy to see if you're above or below it for hit/miss. By default, you get a situation where your max random number is identical to the max accuracy number, and so there's always that one number that could roll and cause a miss. You'd have to specifically prevent the random number generator from rolling the max (something like 63 or 255), or bypasses the check entirely in the event it does. It's a common enough mistake.

Do people still like the rest of the original legendaries or have they been overshadowed by Analbead Genies? Zapdos and Articuno were my MVPs

>overshadowed

The genies are the absolute WORST legendaries in all of pokemon. They and Keldeo.

Bottom of the barrel.

Definitely more so than X/Y. They just copypasted Viridian without reason and gave you Gen 1 starters because they knew you wouldn't like the new ones as much.

Then why does everyone use them?

More like so you could use their mega evolutions.

Of course people still like the legendary birds. Its just with each Gen the games like to sat "BUT WAIT, THESE LEGENDARIES ARE EVEN STRONGER!" So they've kinda fallen behind a lot of others.

Articuno has always been shit, Moltres has always been mediocre and Zapdos has always been one of the competitively best legendaries.
As for designs go they're pretty normal, except for Moltres who is kinda bad. Articuno has the best design of the three.

>Then why does everyone use them?
Everyone uses them because they're machines in competitive and have extremely good type coverage.

Because they're strong

Do you have any understanding of how storylines work? The story is how a young trainer leaves home to challenge the pokemon league, gets caught up with the schemes of an evil organization and thwarts their plans, then defeats his rival for the championship in an epic confrontation.

The point of a "final boss" is to provide an epic showdown at the climax of the story. The climax of the story is where you come to face the champion and it turns out to be your rival.

Finding mewtwo has a loose connection to the story through the notebooks you find, but if anything it's an epilogue.

They are strong. People who tryhard smogon don't care about whether pokemon are cool or not.

sure dude, it might be hard to find a human to fuck you tho

I want to impregnate a tsundere Mewtwo girl that claims she hates humans!

Hey bro happy to see me?

150 spec

I don't think I've ever actually taken damage form a rock-type in gen 1 before. They're all Rock/Ground and Water/Grass attacks are just everywhere.

Yeah, gen 1 is far inferior and its only remembered because of the anime and because it was the first, gen 2 was almost superior in every single way save for poor mon distribution, gen 3 added natures making raising more fun, even gen 4 did some shit right here and there, gen 1 is the internet explorer of pokemon gens

He's got terrible stats, and a worse personality.
Being a smash brother is literally the only thing to like about him, and is enough to have brought him back.

>pokemon is reliable
>grow to love it because of this
>becomes your bro
>butthurt faggots call you a tryhard and use worthless subjective insults like the design looking bad for THEM

Why are black and white so hated? They're great games with great leveling, mon distribution, and more. Is it because people got assblasted that they couldn't fall back on the pokemon they've been using for a decade? Do people hate trying to do something different that much?

>Do people hate trying to do something different that much?
>pokemon

Given how any not-gen 5 mon is locked out until after you beat the game, I'd say that qualifies as different.

for that matter why does everyone dislike gen4? Both 4 and 5 were so good if you like competitive battles.

People have bad memories of DP being slow.
That said opinions of gen 4 seem to have turned around. Most everyone says Plat or HGSS are the top in the franchise.

I bet you think Gold/Silver/Crystal ended at Lance, too

Gen 5 was shit competitively. 4 was only good post chomp ban, pre-plat which lasted like a month. Competitive pokemon is just awful awfnd gets worse every new release

>Strongest pokémon on R/B/Y (the fucker was lvl70)
>Hidding on a hard as fuck "secret" maze filled by high level pokémon
>Had a fucking movie when the pokémon fever was at its highest peak
>Cool as fuck design.
>He's a clone of Mew, another popular pokémon from the 1st games.

I'm pretty sure he's high tier in tr4sh

>Gen 5 was shit competitively
>he doesn't like weather synergies

In gen 1, even moves that supposedly have 100% accuracy in later generations are actually something like 99,7% accurate because of a programming oversight. The only move that cannot miss is Swift (even hitting Pokemon that are airborne during Fly or underground during Dig)

>final boss of Pokemon Stadium
>Mewtwo
>not Tentacruel in Petit Cup round 2

Mega Rayquaza, Primal Groudon, and Primal Kyogre completely eclipse every other Pokemon in power.

It was in Gen1. Uber in gen1 was only Mewtwo (for being too good) and Mew (for not being avaliable outside of glitching).

>liking rain cancer

I want to rub my dick on those thighs

Depends whether you mean stats or relative power.

I think you can judge it like this; the Primals all have powers which can affect the entire planet.

But the Gen 4 lot have powers which can affect the whole fucking universe.

I'm talking about gameplay.

>liking weather wars
>all of them except hail are blatantly overpowered
>have to run own weather or negation just to compete
>drizzle in particular is super busted, forcing complex bans
>a ton of pokemon get banned due to weather boosts
>matches often decided by whose weather setter dies first

Gen 5 was shit

Because he was the antagonist of the best pokemon movie. He was the ultimate weapon of the first games. He was the man made genetic recreation of Mew, the most powerful pokemon at the time, and still easily top 5. His design. etc.

Sun sucked ass because Ninetales was trash

I don't believe you

>Best Pokemon movie
>Not Destiny Deoxys
Literally a kaiju disaster movie.

Ah ok, then yes.

I enjoyed all that.

Nothing felt better than riling up autismofags with Drizzle teams.

Sun would curbstomp everything except other weather even though ninetails is bad. Permanent weather is inherently overpowered

With fucking disgusting CG

Because it's from gen 1

I think Mewtwo still is the pokémon with the highest base Special Attack stat.

came in here to find this, actually
not gay or nothing, just wanted to see it get posted

Best HM slave in the game.

Deoxys-A outdoes it.

Post your current team and location

Marshtomp
Crobat
Minun
Zangoose
Loudred
Breloom

Trick House

Manaphy is pretty cute

The one with Latis in not-venice is the best one
I haven't seen any of the recent ones but I remember Manaphy and Jirachi ones sucked complete ass.

Is it even still possible to get Deoxys-A ?

F-Full image?

That animation is trash to be honest.

Your animation is trash to be honest desu senpai

Uh...sure? You can catch Deoxys in ORAS.

Oh, my bad. ORAS's the only Pokémon game I've skipped.

I'll never not be mad that they leaked this months before the game. The entirety of the Delta Episode felt like a complete drag just to get to this moment.

>hurr then you shouldn't have gone looking for spoilers
Are you implying you can avoid spoilers for pokemon games? That shit is everywhere.

>for that matter why does everyone dislike gen4? Both 4 and 5 were so good if you like competitive battles.

I actually just replayed Platinum and White. Gen 4 annoyed the hell out of me, much more than it did when I first played it. Everything feels slow, it seemed like the number of annoying HMs required was bigger than ever, there was tons of incredibly tedious stuff like going through that dumb shadow realm to meet Giratina and having to use the bike tricks with shitty controls. It's just long and boring to go through.

White was significantly better on those fronts. The only thing I dislike about Gen 5 is it hit the peak for how utterly insipid the storylines tend to be. Every time N or Ghetsis showed up and started going on some long boring monologue I just mashed the A button and it still took forever to get through.

I don't care about the competitive aspect. I did follow it somewhat from gens 3-5, but when weather started becoming the end all be all of competitive play I lost what little interest I ever had. I'm sure it's better now but I don't care enough to go back to it.

And despite how everywhere it is those that really want to manage to avoid it without problem. Why is that?

Swampert
Electrike
Gyarados
Gardevior
Medicham

Trying to catch Terrakion

The Manaphy one was cute but should've spent more time on plot

Oh right and Dusclops

I liked Darkrai and Lucarios.
Giratina's sucked though.

I kind of like Lucarios as well.

>Bronzor appeared
>Mega Klink

main villain of the first movie
edgiest design of the first season (which was cool for your 10 years old self)
strong as fuck

2000 was the best one actually.

The only legendary to be treated as an actual boss.

>Articuno has always been shit
Not in Gen I. His STAB Blizzard is the strongest unboosted special attack in the whole game. And don't forget it was a 120 BP move with 90 accuracy.
Granted, that one move was the only thing he was good for, but he could fucking wreck.

Oh, I didn't knew that. I guess I should look into getting one of those games.

I guess the birds are still relevant in Pokemon Go

Not that it matters. The teams are completely irrelevant. But so long as we're unironically fighting over skub #TeamInstinct

>celebi made grass great again
>Grass/psychic possibly has the highest number of weaknesses of any pokemon typing.

It's cute at least.

Wrong, that's Ice/Grass

>competitive
>pokemon

how much of a goddamn joke are you people

People look at Celebi and see a Pokémon with a x4 weakness to U-turn. Mediocre sp atk. OK speed. Limited movepool.

I see a Pokémon who can go in, take a hit from 95% of the meta, use Nasty Plot and then sweep the fuck out of everything with Giga Drain/Psychic.

Mr. Mime would like a word with you

Because he's cute but also strong

gen 1 > gen 2 > the rest

>implying you'll get that far with a x4 weakness to u-turn

Trash in Melee, started out bad in Sm4sh but has had enough significant buffs since then that he's now considered a high tier character

Grass/psychic and grass/ice seem tied for number of total weaknesses.

Grass/Psychic has weaknesses to fire, ice, poison, flying, bug (x4) ghost and dark. Seven weaknesses

Grass/Ice has weaknesses to fire(x4), fighting, poison, flying, bug, rock and steel. Seven weaknesses again.

Grass/Ice does have less resistances overall though, which is to be expected, considering six generations later Ice still only resists its fucking self. It brings nothing defensively to any type matchup.

youtube.com/watch?v=pnxKiT6rBws

>10:31:49
>10:32:44
MURICAN COMMON CORE

Weepingbell, Flaffy, Croconaw, Drowzee, Beedrill, Shellder and Gravler in box.
Training up to take on Morty.

>Reading comprehension

Special kind of stupid.

Slightly hijacking the thread for a quick second. Looking to get into the pokemon mystery dungeon series. Which one's the best?

I believe it goes Explorers of Sky > Super > Red/Blue > Gates to infinity. Don't know where Darkness and Time go in.

nigga u dumb as hell

I put Super up top but there are references to past games that might spoil their events so you should at least play Sky first.

I was thinking it was sky, I just wanted to be sure. Thanks guys.

Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja

Super = Sky > Listening to the soundtrack of Gates > Rescue Team > Playing Gates

They're all very good though, probably the main reason why I haven't offed myself yet

No, it's genderless. You can't breed legendaries.

In game, yes. But in the anime, you get stuff like and that second mewtwo in that one other movie with the feminine voice

You can't breed Pokémon if you don't know it's egg group and the legendaries have egg groups that are unknown

>gen 1 is far inferior and its only remembered because of the anime
THANK YOU.

Surely nobody actually believes this? Gen 1 is Pokémon and the rest is bloat. Imagine if someone said Ninjara was as vital to TMNT as Leonardo and Raphael. Imagine if someone said Count Dokku was more vital to Star Wars than Darth Vader.

It'd be like talking about Empire Strikes Back as if it's a real Star Wars movie.

>that second mewtwo in that one other movie with the feminine voice
Wait what? Which one?

If that's the case, why did the bloat keep enough sales to bring us this far?

He's the original reason why Ubers is a thing though.

By diminishing. Lots.

actually it's shuckle after he uses power play

youtube.com/watch?v=_aWyb1S0f7I
they should really bring back this mewtwo theme

How coms dees kah-keis one on da most pops pokes?

Not Mega Mewtwo Y

Because it stole them you illiterate.

Which is why D/P sold nearly 18 million copies, right? Of course every game wasn't going to sell as much as Red/Blue. Do you know how many games would kill to sell that many copies? Hell, X/Y broke 15 million. Diminishing sales? Fuck outta here.

I feel like all the mediocre or downright horrible lords (looking at you, Corrin!) are the ones making it into smash. Ike is pretty much the only decent one, but even then I would have preferred Hector.

O shiiie sun dat mah bohy rght der u hur me

Genesect and the Legend Awakened
Nothing life changing, but it exists

Mewtwo vs Genesect. Movie is shit though

Clearly you know the numbers. So why are you arguing.

You honestly aren't trying to argue that 15 million copies sold is bad are you?

He is.

He's trying to argue that the first games sold more(totally ignoring that Pokemon was a new and exciting shiny thing at the beginning, the start of a new fad, of course it would sell more at the start).

On a level

Why the fuck is Celebi an onion

I really hope the ultra beast fights in Sun and Moon are like this. Just your whole team versus one superboss capable of holding its own.

>a brand new untested idea on an infant gaming market

I want to cum inside shiny Celebi.

>it's a female Mewtwo

1996 was gaming at its infancy?

for mobile yes

Sorry, she's into green ugly bastard.

New fad? How old are you? Digimon, SMT and DQ did Pokémon years before Pokémon.

Those came to America later on, but you're still right.

>The first Digimon virtual pet things came out a year after Pokemon.
>Only SMT game in the West at the time was Persona.
>None of the DQ games with monster catching elements came out in the West until after Pokemon hit.

WHO /REGI/ HERE???

Grovyle wants to fuck his trainer though

delet

People are STILL salty about the truck.

He's only using Celebi so he can find his true love again

I main Mewtwo in Melee and I love Mewtwo porn.

Living that degen life as always.

There's nothing wrong with being a degenerate.

Nah

Because it's event exclusive so once you finally have one you realize how painfully mediocre it is. The effort is not worth the end reward.

Each and every one of you had better keep your filthy mitts off of mai hasubando

Cause he's the most powerful Pokemon in existence

I want a Mewtwo waifu

I puked a little.

What the fuck is sexy about eating dirt. Jesus fucking christ.

Mewtwo wins and arceus came from mew. Fuck all new Pokemon fags

uh, no

First of all
>he
Second of all
>most powerful Pokemon in existence
Do you even into the competitive scene?

I get one everytime I play through red and blue. They're not too bad desu since they literally learn any move and have good stats

you could get mew from nintendo events, couldnt you

>Tfw I drive an uber

Post femtwo

Most people threw their master ball at it, definitely not a final boss.

Obviously not in game, that honor is always switching could be mega dickweed one day and fat cunt the next. But in terms of lore mewtwo is God

Nice trips but you're still wrong

Accuracy was actually measured by speed, the larger speed gap between pokemon in gen 1, the higher the chance a 100% accuracy move could miss. The speed gap also increased chance for crits as well. Which is why fast sweepers were the only way to go in gen 1

>in terms of lore mewtwo is God
That was Mew you dunce, and that shit's been retconned.

>Trying to get back into Pokemon to kick my friend's ass at battles
>Learning about all this complicated Ditto breeding shit with IVs
>Have to factor in what you want to do with each Pokemon and what nature you want them to have
>And now comes the easy part, EV training, just go faint this one specific wild Pokemon 249 times
Is this what it feels like to be a casual? This shit is too much for me.

You're a good man.

No mew is only the first Pokemon ever. Mewtwo is the strongest ever.

Don't believe the lies

fucking casual

that shit is autistic don't do it

Nobody actually grinds anymore because it's too autistic, just inject the Pokemon you want

The training they have in X and y really makes it way easier to ev train. I moved from r/b/g/s to Pokemon X so I had a lot to learn. After hundreds of hours I've got a team that can beat people online sometimes

>Mewtwo is the strongest ever.
>Give Arceus Dread Plate
>Judgment
EZ.

Wrong. The only time speed factors into accuracy in gen 1 is when using OHKO moves, they can't hit a target faster than the user, but otherwise have 30% acc. Critical hit chance also depends on the Pokemon's speed in gen 1, but the difference in speed between opposing Pokemon doesn't matter at all.

If you didn't save before fighting MewTwo, fight him til he faints, reset game then throw your Masterball, you're a spineless faggot.

>only one antagonist is allowed per story
thats not how that works at all

>Have to factor in what you want to do with each Pokemon
Are you implying you wouldn't think about team composition and battle strategy even if you didn't care about IV breeding and EV training? Fucking casuals, I swear.

>using the masterball at all

casual faggot.

What other pokemon deserves such ball other than Based Mewtwo?

This

Nintendo events back then were Japan only.

Fearow

Nigga i didnt even reload. Bitch lost to my faggot mons he no good to be rolling with me the weak ass punk.

Motherfucker, are you really trying to start this?

Mew created all Pokemon in the original lore, therefore Mew was god. That honor was taken over by Arceus in Gen 4, now Mew is just another legendary.

>Mewtwo is the strongest ever.
Compare these BSTs. The only thing Mewtwo has over vanilla Arceus is Special Attack and Speed, and that doesn't mean shit because these stats only go up when Arceus holds plates.

>first legendary
>most powerful
>most badass

Gee I wonder why
His mega evolutions suck ass

>self-aware genetically engineered freak of nature questioning its own existence
>edgy

>man made Pokemon is somehow able to Mega Evolve

Next thing you know Porygon will get an Alolan form.

>>first legendary
>>most powerful
See the post directly above yours.

pokemon was never deep enough to contain anything beyond a very, very faint semblance of strategy i.e memorizing each type and their strengths and weaknesses as well as very basic combos and team comps

it has the most half baked multiplayer system out of any game out there as a result of its inherent simplicity, you don't beat people online by playing smarter/better than them, you beat them by IV/EV training your pokemon to have a raw numerical advantage or be at least close enough in stats to theirs to not get immediately rolled over and then you roll the dice and hope that luck is in your favor

there is no competitive multiplayer community out there more autistic and unnecessary than pokemon, this shit baffles me honestly

literally everything introduced after gen III is completely and utterly worthless

You're just mad that you got curbstomped by a kid because you had a team of shitmons.

>tfw he outspeeds Arceus and one shotshim with a STAB Psychic

>That honor was taken over by Arceus in Gen 4, now Mew is just another legendary.
According to Sinnoh region legends, Arceus shaped the world. That's about all the games tell us about the damn thing. Doesn't mean that actually happened, since noone was around at the time, unlike the ancient clash between Kyogre and Groudon that's recorded in Hoenn region legends. Nor does it really usurp Mew's position as a genetic ancestor of Pokemon.

rate my mon plz, I normally get stomped online except for some nice rare occasions. Thinking about adding a togekiss or one of those electric dogs

What do you think your team is lacking in? What kind of things do you usually lose to?

>is this for ubers? If so it's shit. If it's fpr OU then you're using illegal pokemon. Also being like a 10 year old and using only attacks.

Shit, didn't mean to green text that.

You need a support, wall, or wall reader. All those sweepers would get you screwed over by most walls. You need to have more variance

Also really? Garchomp, Kangaskhan, Azumarill, and Greninja? Gengar is good since he's not using the mega and is generally pretty cool anyway but only Machamp is interesting from that set

>what is the dread plate?

No. Mew was everywhere, even my shitty european country had it in my local game store.

Dusknoir was his trainer?

Electric and Fire. Also what said
I want to implement a wall or support, I'm thinking of a togekiss with tailwind to make some pokemon faster. I know the mon are unoriginal, I have a nidoking that I love(sheer force, timid, life orb)

God damn, why is mewtwo so THICC

I swear reverse image search used to be better at stuff like this. Did they specifically fuck it up for porn or something when I wasn't looking?

I don't see no mewtwo puss puss

No it's (you)

Yeah. Before you could add ''&safe=off'' to the end of the url and it would let the porn sites pass, but now it doesn't give nothing.

I'm pretty sure it's by sssonic2 on e621

A damn shame

Thanks for the sauce though

>Porygon will get an Alolan form
It's gonna happen, isn't it?

>Mew created all Pokemon in the original lore, therefore Mew was god. That honor was taken over by Arceus in Gen 4, now Mew is just another legendary.
Because this was never a thing. Mew is SAID to be the ancestor of all Pokemon. Not creator. Ancestor.

Like if you want to make a religious comparison then Adam was the first man but he didn't create humans entirely, he was made by God itself.

MORE
O
R
E

>the artist mostly draws for patreon

*only draws for Patreon
*only emails actual subscribers Dropbox links

Not much of a loss anyways, she's some stupid lesbian whore who only got popular because she drew Sonic OCs on deviantart.

400 posts in and I'm kinda sad this meme couldn't pick up in this thread

>tags: mewtwo, pikachu, yoshi
gee

so let me get this straight
Arceus is the creator
Palkia, Dialga and Giratina are time, space and dorkness
Hoh-Oh and Lugia are embodiments of the sun and the moon
Mew is the oiginal animal matter, mewtwo would be the apex organism
Celeby is the original plant matter
Groudon and Kyroge are the earth and the waters
MOZART and the three dogs are elemental manifestations
what would the rest be?

I'm pretty sure that picture is male also

>Implying I give a shit

It's so you can use it for searching, dummy.

Oh
In that case, thanks

why is google reverse image search so shit nowadays? some months ago you could search cropped shit and it would show results

Ho-Oh and Lugia aren't really embodiments of anything. Any gen 1-2 legendary that's not Mew or MewTwo is just legendary because of their rarity and power.
Celebi is pretty much a shittier Dialga and Mew is the Adam to Arceus's God

found this one:
e621.net/post/show/993091/2016-all_fours-anthro-anus-balls-big_anus-big_ball

>tfw threw my master ball at zapdos

>anthro anus balls big anus big ball

did you find it through reverse image search?

No, just looking through the mewtwo tag and stumbled on it

sadly all the legendaries after gen 3 have been terrible, both in design and backstory

emo tough guy movie depiction turned children into chuunis

also

Holy shit I didn't notice that. My fucking sides

that's not what final boss means, final boss means the final boss related to the storyline/main quest of the videogame

i'd say mewtwo does get a pass in that department, though

Muh sob story.

I like the pose, but don't want the porn. Wish more artists did SFW versions of their art.

Swampert is ugly. Why do people like it?

God dammit now I gotta' fap THANKS A LOT user.

Because gains

I haven't been big into Pokemon for years, but I have always held Mewtwo above ever other character. S/he's the coolest.

He was a lot of peoples first legendary.

For me personally I have a huge soft spot for redeemed characters so his two movies made me like him a good bit.

Kinda like his design too except for the round finger tips which just look weird a lot of the time.

his fingers look like one of those little back massagers they sell at superstores

>stacking SpAttack Moves on Greninja

I wish I knew this feel. Mine in X got a Attack + Nature so it does just a little more damage than it would using a SpAttack (though I keep Surf on for Doubles).

A female caterpie

I want to kiss Mew's paws!~

Mew is hot. I want to do lewd things to her feet.

*Extreme speed life orb*
Arceus: Nothing personal Mewtwo.

*focus sash*
*mega evolves*
*focus blast*
later Bitch......

Mega Mewtwo has higher stats but chances are because Arceus has so many different builds and types plus absurd stats, a battle between it and normal Mewtwo would end in Mewtwo's defeat.

t. Joe Merrick

>Mega Mewtwo
>Carrying a focus sash

he was the strongest Pokemon, both in game and in story for a while
he was promoted to hell and back
he's just honestly pretty cool

there's a lot of outright coinflips in Pokemon battles, but anyone who actually plays competitively doesn't have any special raw numeric advantage since everyone's using max IV Pokemon with optimized EVs, whether legitimately obtained or injected (there's no difference, it really doesn't matter if you spent forever optimizing and breeding if you have a shit moveset on your Pokemon and make bad calls in matches)
and then gen 4 makes a lot of shit better outright (physical/special split was pretty much needed), and other than Megas, each generation has been mechanically better than the last overall

tl;dr: you're a scrub

>sweep the fuck out of everything
>100 base speed unboosted
>sweeping anything

Giovanni is Silver's dad, not red's