Fallout 4 > New Vegas

Fallout 4 > New Vegas

The story of NV is better but 4 is better in every other aspect.

WOAH there partner, now that's a mighty strong opinion you've got there.

Any reasoning you might be willing to share partner?

>Fallout 4 > New Vegas

Gunplay wise, yes.
That's all.

then that means new vegas is better because the fallout games always prioritized story over gameplay.

I agree friend.
Fallout 4™ is just so much fun while New Vegas is just boring and unfinished and Obsidian are hack writers.

Graphics too to be fair, but other than those two (which are really to be expected) it's worse in every regard.

t. todd

Considering they run on the same engine, would it be possible to put the gameplay mechanics of Fallout 4 in New Vegas?

t. not a Fallout® fan who didn't purchase Fallout® 4 for only $59.99 on Steam at release

Nuka World DLC available now btw.

it was extremelly anticlimatic for me when they gave me power armor within the first 10 minutes of gameplay in fallout 4
its supposed to be somethign for mid-game or late-game
really killed the vibe for me
>oh yeah this extremelly good armor that the army uses? you can have it at level 3

Fpbp

world map as well.

>Trump
>Not the biggest fuckin jew puppet
Great meme.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Am I wrong in not enjoying Nuka World? Far Harbor was just so much fun, maybe it set the bar too high for this one?

Kids these days have no patience so they need to get the most iconic and best armor asap

Fallout 4
>Gunplay (aiming is pretty smooth an non clunky, stuff doesn't freeze in VATS)
>Building Settlements is p fun
>Power armor is cool
>Fly in vertibird (I play survival so can't fast travel so calling in a Vertibird when I need to travel far distances is cool)

>Shit dialouge
>Shit story
>Another Settlement needs our help

Fallout NV
>Much better dialogue
>Much better Quests/ Story
>Better gun variety
>Better Map

Fallout new vegas is a 9/10 game imo Fallout 4 is 7/10 imo

It's a shit tier power armor though I didn't find the x-50 or whaterver untill + level 20

Do people really still play these shit games? NV is old and the graphics SUCK.

Both are shit compared to the Witcher 3.

If you don't play a game because the graphics "suck" then you are immature and stupid, friendo.

Early-on its better than any other PA. You dont have the shit to fix broken advanced PAs... you can fix the starter one with spit and sawdust.

The graphics are what bothers me on New Vegas. Gamebryo really took a shit... Skyrim can be modded to looks somewhat decent even today, but NV is just potatoes, potatoes everywhere. Feelsbad.

the graphics are actually pretty decent for a game of its size, the controls are what truly suck. everything feels so stiff and jittery.

Well in NV's case, I don't play it, because it just sucks.

FO4 did gunplay, scavenging and guns modifications better. And that's pretty much it.

>New Vegas is still somehow heralded as a classic Fallout game even though it's in the same tier as 3 and 4

I'm still mad. It's an okay game, same as 3 and 4, but it's nowhere near the quality of the classic games. It's absurd that the "Classic" Fallout general is just the fucking New Vegas general.

Fallout 4 is a bad game.

>improve the bad parts in fallout
>remove every good part

What the fuck were they thinking?

True, but gunplay was never really what made Fallout special and gun mods were modded in both F3 and F:NV almost as soon as the modtools came out.

By the way, is anyone bothered by about 50 partial / full suits of fully functioning power armor just sprinkled on two square kilometers of the map for 100+ years more or less in the open ... and the Gunners dont care to get them?

FO4 GOTY Edition when? I want to legally acquire the game but it's a pain in the ass to download all the DLC seperately.

>The story of NV is better
Kinda tops all in a RPG.
>but 4 is better in every other aspect
I disagree the leveling system was so simplistic, its bad.

Did it even win a GOTY?

Either very soon or never, I can't see them wanting the release to get in the way of the Skyrim remaster and doing it next year when the last dlc came out in August would be pretty dumb.

>but gunplay was never really what made Fallout special
That's right, but the problem was that it was pretty laggy in FO3 and NV. Inputs were pretty much always delayed. I could get used to slight aiming delay, but shooting delay was barely bearable. Only reason I felt more convinced to use VATS. It was quite obvious that Gamebryo was made in mind for Oblivion's melee combat and for regular FPS.

>and for regular FPS
*not

>Kinda tops all in a RPG
No, fuck you. Character building and freedom/choice are more important.

what's the point of building a character to partake in a boring storyline?

This thread again eh?

Yeah, NV is objectively better. We established that a long time ago. Sure, some diehard FO3 fans will still disagree but they're in the minority.

To murder all and derail everything.

Last night I cube beefed your sister?

>same as 3 and 4, but it's nowhere near the quality of the classic games
I was thinking like that before, but that's wrong.
>It's absurd that the "Classic" Fallout general is just the fucking New Vegas general
Agree.

Last night I Rubicks Cube Cow your sister?

Nice argument. Why does it suck?

Doesn't work as well here but hey (you) got mine.

that's not fun though. unless you're 14.

newvegas had a shit main story though and legion was incomplete as fuck so are we just comparing side quests?

Im not gonna play a serious character in a boring game.

Did you know how much i wanted to murder "batter, batter, swing" swing faggot from Fo4? Or to murder Preston and his merry band of bitchy settlers?

I've set everyone in Diamond city to non-essential and killed them all, best fun i had in game.

hat and armor mod?

I think the armor was from the NV:essentials mod, don't know where the hat is from.

no one says you have to play a serious character, you don't have any imagination which is why i suspect you enjoy killing everyone.

That was pretty funny.

The DICE and BAFTA GOTY.
Those are two of the more prestigious awards.
They didn't do as well with the Dewrito Pope ones.

Basically FO4 won the oscars and W3 won the teens choice awards this year.

Its floating above the ground.

>2010
>old

Maybe if your an ADD ridden twelve year old with the attention span of a fruit fly.

thanks

Got Fallout 4 yesterday for $10. It's okay so far but
>you can't kill people in Sanctuary
>you can't kill people in Diamond City
>you can't kill companions
What's the fucking point? This shit was fun as hell in 3.

You just want people to post webm's of Fallout 4 glitches, don't you

Nigga fo4 is a canvas given without paint. Its so bland its really fucking hard to use one imagination to play it.

And how does one equate wanting to kill everyone as being underage? I mean Hitler and Staling did it and their mentally healthy.

At least in Skyrim i got to play a hunter doing an honest living saving up enough money to but breezehome and marry Don Ysolda.

hi todd

i don't know why you're talking about fallout 4, i already said that new vegas is better because of it's story. now you're talking about random shit, you must be confused.

Nigga i've been bellowing how bland fallout 4 was 2 replies ago. Read what you reply too.

The gunplay and graphics are basically it. Besides that Fallout 4 is fucking trash and shouldn't be considered an rpg.

I'm still super upset they went with 4 dialogue choices in a dialogue wheel wtf why. And with the settlement building that turned the game into a grind fest for more bullshit for your stupid settlements.

f4 was such a piece of shit i can't even be angry about it
i simply don't feel anything towards it, only absolute emptiness
how they managed to do this, i really don't know

Thanks for your stellar observation.

Nah I feel the same. It's not that good and feels so out of touch with the rest of the game. Also the writing is fairly mediocre and not on the same level as FH
I like the additional weapons and outfits tho

>all these skyblivion projects and whatever the fuck

>no project to fix bugs in NV and move it to fo4's engine

imagine that game for a moment

>played 3, NV, and now playing 4
>keep saying I'll be a meleefag on my next playthru
>never do

Is it worth it? I'm just used to using guns and heavy weapons melee seems like a waste of time and like it would take longer to kill multiple people at a time plus my defense would have to be crazy high

Reminder that New Vegas has more choices and consequences than F1 and F2.

the best part about nuka world is raider radio

>move it to fo4's engine
Nigga Morroblivion got C&D'd, Skywind has been in development since the game fucking launched, and Fallout 4 is short of a year old.
Making one game in a different engine is not just copy & pasting assets.

WHY IS BOSTON FULL OF ORCS

i do, i replied to a guy who said that character building is more important than story, and my reply was that character building is only fun if there is a good story for them to partake in. if you are the same poster then you have become incredibly confused as to what we are talking about.

>Making one game in a different engine is not just copy & pasting assets.

thanks for the tip professor

Then NV is better because quest have a larger array of ways to solve them than the simplistic quests in 4, most of which are very linear and are simply go to X, kill Y (and maybe grab Z).

>>keep saying I'll be a meleefag on my next playthru

In Fallout 4? Nah, you'll still be forced to use guns before you get any real benefits from it.

Say what nerd? I've dropped in my power armor or pickpocketed even in diamond city and those faggots insta turned on me in which case you can most certainly light their asses up

i am ok with your opinion

In all of them

than f1, sure. f2 is pretty comparable, however. there was a lot of shit to do in that game.

>Try to melee in FO4
>Wearing power armor and swinging a melee weapon
>Unarmed enemies can block my shit with their bare goddamn hands
>My attacks bounce off their arms like I hit concrete

I haven't played 4, and it's not really worth it in 3, but it's so much more fun and easy in New Vegas.

melee/unarmed is definitely worth it in NV.

But there is no choice in fallout 4.

You can aggro them, but there's some characters involved in quests you can't kill.

I got tipped off about the doctor who's killing people downstairs because I couldn't kill him.

baito

Hat is probably Daniel's hat from Honest Hearts

>obvious bait
>getting this many replies
How fucking stupid can Cred Forums be