What is the best and most fun version of doom?

what is the best and most fun version of doom?

I mean Brutal Doom and stuff, I understand where purityfags are coming from but I personally can't get into the vanilla version, it doesn't have enough gore and you can't look up and down which feels unnatural

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FglVuYr0BJg
youtube.com/watch?v=1hZnS45rEdE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Doom 2016.

grezzo 2
youtube.com/watch?v=FglVuYr0BJg

DoomRL. The RL or the .wad. Both are fine.

RUSSIAN OVERKILL
KETCHUP v5.1
GIGABYTES OF MEGAWADS

AAAAAAAAAAH MOTHERFUCKER

I beat that.

It's really rather mediocre. I'd say avoid it unless you really want some politically incorrect Italian shock "humor"

Vanilla or die

Vanilla doom no mods with mouselook is the only way to play.

This. Also >mouselook

Fuck outta here nigga.

you mean like a mod that fundamentally changes the game
i dunno there are so many but none are any more "fun" than vanilla anyway it stands on it's own just fine

DoomRPG+Roguelike Armory
Maybe coupled with OBLIGE for a true rogue-lite experience, just don't savescum.

Demonsteele with some megawad like Scythe.

Otherwise, just "vanilla" G/ZDoom with mouselook and autoaim disabled, maybe smoothdoom for some eyecandy.

True vanilla (Chocolate Doom) also accepted.

>using mouse to play doom
hit that ctrl like your life depended on it

Try smooth Doom
It's vanilla with sprinkles on top

This right here. I only wish there was a map randomizer.

>I only wish there was a map randomizer.
oblige

I mean one that can throw me into random maps from the megawads or such. Oblige is alright, but nothing beats actual handcrafted maps.

Try Doom PSX Total Conversion. I like it a lot.

I had fun with DOOM 4 Doom, but I think it needs some maps designed for it.

this is the most glorious infographic I have seen in a good while

got stuck on brutal doom campaign because my pc starts to stutter on that big city map and I couldnt figure out what to do next, so I dropped it for a few months, thanks for posting this

>like brutal doom

Here's some tips:
>allow mouse look
>disable auto-aim
>download smooth doom
>play vanilla, or vanilla WADs

Trust me, it makes DOOM feel a lot more comfortable.

P.S. People who complain about Brutal Doom are dumb faggots that should be ignored.

>and you can't look up and down which feels unnatural
That's a feature of sourceports, not Brutal Doom itself

so, why brutal doom is a no-no in this board?

It's not. It never was.
More complain bitch about how much hate on Brutal Doom than actually people who hate on Brutal Doom.

Brutal Doom is a neat mod that doesn't improve on vanilla doom, but gives you a new experience on the same levels you know and love.

Oh yes.

>Muh edgy gore
>Le fuck you
That's all complaints boil down to.

>gore
>edgy
>vidya

Doom 4 Doom has extra gore too, but not as exaggerated as Brutal Doom. A very well done adaptation of the new Doom's weapons though, and it's a joy to play.

Project MSX is fucking fantastic too. It's less gore-y than the the other two, but you're missing out if you skip on it just because of that.

>No ketchup

cmon step it up, thats like only 0.05% of the whole experience.

KETCHUP MOD IS A MUST WITH RUSSIAN OVERKILL. NO EXCUSES.

Contrarians mostly. Anyone that shits on Brutal Doom for "muh purity" while playing Project MSX or any heavily modded sourceport is retarded.

Yeah, because Doom is not edgy at all

Because all it does is add swear words and features that ruin the flow of the original game, like hitscan weapons and headshots. There's nothing good or interesting about it in any way, and there actually thousands of better mods out there but for some reason people who never even played vanilla Doom act like Brutal Doom is the definitive Doom experience when it's anything but that.

>Responding to someone who said "muh", "edgy", and "le" in one post

I'm trying to play Doom II, I'm on map 9 the pit, and it's such a fucking huge step down from the first game. I'm despising those shitty maps, also running out of ammo on this map

Mouselook has always been an intended feature.

>people who never even played vanilla Doom act like Brutal Doom is the definitive Doom experience when it's anything but that.

This is the only thing I don't like about Brutal Doom. And when I'm looking for the BD experience, I usually just load up Project Brutality instead, as I like the little bit of randomization and escalating difficulty it provides.

Oh, and I turn off "doomguy talk". That voice is grating.

DemonSteele is a hell of a fun time, especially with the Scythe maps.

>hitscanners are 10x more deadly, ruins the flow of nearly every map
>the world's worst voice actor voices doomguy and wont shut up
>so much blood it loses any impact and becomes annoying
>retarded bullshit like fatalities and flipping the bird
>horrible monotonous soundtrack
And that's from having last played BD over a year ago, I shudder to think how shittier its become.

You forgot the worst offender, reloading.

I'm not making the complaints you retards learn reading comprehension.

>learn reading comprehension.
Read my own post again, and learn reading comprehension yourself.
No one even implied you made those complaints.

OP here, just got gzdoom

i keep pressing R all the time and nothing happens, it really bothers me this is very unimmersive

>Pressing R in D4D makes you switch weapon mods
>Get killed mid-swap animation because I hit R on reflex

>muh flow
How is this even a complaint? That's what mods are supposed to do.

I can't think of another mod that's as bad about it as BD is. It actually slows the pace of the game down because of how dangerous individual enemies are and how you have to reload.

But the real reason people don't discuss it is , because it's babby's first mod.

Because ir actually offers a challenge unlike vanilla doom, and Cred Forums can't have that.

Doom's entire campaign is balanced around the tools the player has versus the tools the enemies have. You could add hitscan weapons and shit and make the mod work if you studied another game like Blood to see how they made it fun, but you definitely can't just randomly toss modern features into a well designed retro game and expect it to do anything but diminish the overall experience. That's basic game design 101 shit user, you should seriously know better if you have even a passing interest in video games.

brutal doom with classic weapons is cool

brutal doom is also cool, don't mind the autists

>brutal doom with classic weapons is cool
What's the point in playing the mod if you're just going to remove everything about it?

It's not about "purity" or "my Doom experience" or whatever those ignorant retards were talking about. It's that it slows the game down and it's just flat out cringy. You don't need to play it very long to experience that. If people wanted to stop in the middle of a pack of enemies for 20 seconds so they could systematically knee cap one monster, pull out his spine, and then flip him the bird, there are a dozen games coming out every month like that.

If this was just yet another mod in the pack then no one would care, but the handful of people who claim it's amazing makes everyone else raise their eyebrows and get rustled

because there are 12 year olds who think adding blood and swear words is important

>studied another game like Blood to see how they made it fun
So Brutal Doom should replace all imps with hitscan enemies?

Who the fuck is talking to you you limp dicked faggot?
This cumrag insinuated I said the edgy complaint and then fucking tried to correct me on it..
This fucknut said I actually was complaining and to disregard me because >someone who said "muh", "edgy", and "le" in one post

Fucking pair of childish sperm defects.

>what is the best and most fun version of doom?

MOTHER FUCKING TRAILBLAZER

youtube.com/watch?v=1hZnS45rEdE

>Brutal Doom is shit it changes the feel of the original game too much!
>excuse me while I play my heavily modded sourceport with project MSX

Brutal Doom isn't shit because it changes too much. It's shit because it changes things without any care or regard for what it will impact. It's just a randomly strewn together mess with no forethought or planning. It's a superfluous mod meant to emulate the style of other games without adding anything of real substance.

>stop in the middle of a pack of enemies for 20 seconds so they could systematically knee cap one monster, pull out his spine, and then flip him the bird

You do know that the executions and taunting are entirely optional and actually more likely to get you killed, right?

Chocolate doom

Fuck you that's not doom, it's halo with a doom texture pack and glory kills

>excuse me while I play my heavily modded sourceport with project MSX
Second time you've posted this and no one is even talking about MSX. Why are you buttblasted that people don't enjoy BD?

>You do know that the executions and taunting are entirely optional and actually more likely to get you killed, right?
Are you arguing for or against BD? If it's a shitty optional feature, BD looks even worse.

here's how you do it:

>get chocolate doom
>disable mouse
>disable 3D
>play

best way to do doom

Halo was never as fast as Doom 2016 was
or ever had as much enemy variety
or ever had as good gunplay
or ever had as good level design
or ever had a game without shitty regen shields, as D44m is

but new games suck hahahahah!!!

>Why are you buttblasted that people don't enjoy BD?
He's an underage whose tastes aren't being validated by his internet buddies. Is it any wonder he's upset?

Brutal Doom doesn't have hitscans, just very fast projectiles. You're able to dodge enemy fire for the most part if you keep moving.

Fair enough, but the point remains that it unbalances the mod. I remember trying to play Plutonia with BD v0.18 and it was an absolutely miserable experience. I was informed that there were no significant changes to those enemies from that point on.

>Doom 2016
>level design
Every area is just a circle where braindead enemies spawn in randomly, one at a time. That's not Doom.

>What is Doom 3

I actually like the Halo trilogy much more than the new Doom, but everything you said is correct.

>enemy variety
>good gunplay
>good level design
Numale Doom has none of these things.

theres a newer version of this

Fuck off, New Doom is nothing like Halo. It has more similarities to Quake than Halo.

The fucking original.
Brutal Doom and such are for literal edgy kids of the worst kind.

not him, but fuck you. It´s literal HALO-tier console shooter in everything but name.

Whenever I want to bring up an argument against modding, I bring up DooM.

Why don't you elaborate instead of memeing.

>Brutal Doom and such are for literal edgy kids of the worst kind.
/thread

D44M has the same level of enemy variety as Doom and Doom 2. Good gunplay is just like, your opinion, man. Really the only valid criticism here is that level design in D44M is lackluster.

>what is the best and most fun version of doom?

doom 64

That's not really a "version" of Doom, it's its own separate thing.

ok

Demonsteele

>hdoom and doom the roguelike not mentioned yet