Want to get XCOM EW (PC)

>want to get XCOM EW (PC)
>need base game first
>go to humblebundle
>both are 10 bucks on sale
>only way to get them both together is the complete edition or whatever name it has
>it's the only one not on sale
>80 bucks
>literally everyone says to get EW and don't even bother with EU

For fucks sake...

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/88/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

EW gets integrated into the base campaign though, there's no way to just 'not bother' about it. Can't you get them separately since they're both on sale?

Just pirate it. It's definitely worth playing. Also, Long War.

And yeah, don't bother with EU, go straight to EW.

What's Long War?

A total overhaul of the game.

nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/88/?

Mod that properly balances a lot of things plus adding a bunch of new features. I can't recall if it also added new items and gear though.

>I can't recall if it also added new items and gear though.
It does.

An autist's paradise.

Makes the game drastically harder and longer without properly rebalancing it so you're still fucked if you ever lose a squad, so you can now enjoy losing thirty hours of work instead of just ten.

I thought so. Had trouble recalling since I also used a lot of weapon packs and shit so I can't confirm where they all came from.

XCOM complete was on sale for 10 bucks about 5 times already this year. It's your own fault.

it just seems retarded that i'm paying 10 bucks for the base game then another 10 bucks for an expansion which is just some extra features. EW actually costs more when they're not on sale, it's dumb, base game came out 4 years ago at this point so $20USD on sale seems a bit much.

>t.shitatgames

git gud

Don't be afraid of retreating.

Dumb frogposter

>another 10 bucks for an expansion which is just some extra features
It does significantly expand the game, the major change is meld, which puts added time pressure on the missions and leads to gene modifications and mechs. Another major change is EXALT, another rival faction, which leads to counter-espionage missions.

>doesn't play on impossible, iron man, all second wave options enabled and long war
git gud

You think you are though shit?

It's not just a few extra features user. You get a pretty substantial amount of new shit, you could change your units into either cyborgs or giving them a huge mecha body, you get to fight some alien worshipping G-men and shitloads more. It was satisfying for me to put down the full price of the expansion, so you getting it for $10 is a really good deal.

Of course, this is all assuming that you enjoy the base game. While the expac does add a lot, it won't mean anything if you hate the base game as it is.

OP here, it seems the complete edition is $10 on greenman gaming so i might get that. Is this a safe site?

Well I certainly don't enable all the second wave options, some of them are kinda shit.

smelly dumb frogposting scum