What went so horribly wrong?

What went so horribly wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=he7knVze744
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It launched early and unfinished.

What happened to letting players play orks for free?

cuck

this game pulled no man sky

They ditched it to pure B2P. It's probably a backup plan when game ultimately fails and they need new players.

Maybe Laterâ„¢

Two words.

"Founders Pack"

As soon as I heard that, I knew they weren't actually serious about even making an attempt at what they were promising.

they made Battlefield 5 :warhammer 40k

did they really expect people to dump 50 bucks on a game by a shovel ware studio without any sort of demo?

It's a Warhammer game. Seriously, since when has *any* Warhammer game been anything but a 7 or 8 out of 10? They're wholly unremarkable and just feed off the lore's fanbase.

this video sums it up well

youtube.com/watch?v=he7knVze744

Dawn of War was at least a 9

I imagine they just ran out of money and had to scale the game back drastically.

>promise a W40k MMORPG
>get a deathmatch TPS instead

>What went so horribly wrong?
Hype.
You dumb fools, its always fucking HYPE

fuck me when the good will of the idiots which preorder will run out

Nigga nobody was hyped for EC.

Space Marine was pretty fucking fun

This is a whole new level of shit though

You never played Final Liberation or Chaos Gate.

This desu

Suuuuuuuuuuuure
So all the EC threads the whole time on Cred Forums werent real, gotcha

Do you really expect people not to dump 50 dollaridoos on any old piece of shit?

Did you open those threads?
I did.

95% of them were
>Lol this is going to be shit.
>Buying shovelware. Smugloli.png
>'early access' KEK

Devs gave up and wanted to peace out.

40k is a terrible setting that has no good games and never will.
Accept this and your life will be easier.

they changed from massive battles to arena shooting. that's it

i>"Hey guys, we're happy to announce that we have acquired Namco Bandai as our publisher to help with publishing costs!"
>That doesn't sounds good, Devs.
>"Nah what could go wrong, lads?"
>Month later
>"We are launching early."
>"Very. Very early."

Making a 4th generation MMORPG should not consume that much in resources. Fucking Rust and DayZ are considered MMORPGs in this day and age. Guild Wars was an MMORPG, and that bitch was barebones in terms of the type of content expected of an MMORPG from a first or second generation game. They could have even made Phantasy Star Online copycat with pvp battlefields instead of dungeons.

Its not hard, the devs just didn't know what they were doing.

>40k is a terrible setting

better than 90% of today's game settings

I made 90% of the VERY VERY early ones. To the point where I was called a shill for the company.

I'm this person.

>To the point where I was called a shill for the company.
And I have to say: deserved.

Yeah. But I stopped making them and posted info about how it was going to be a shitshow the moment they announced the founders packs. And then they lost piccoserver as well.

Bamco helped blow up Witcher 2 with a fierce advertising blitz.

Bamco also murders any chance of the West having Gundam.
Bamco also hates West Tales fans and actively tries to make them mad.

Bamco are a mixed bag. They either help you or piss on you and say sorry.

>Bamco also murders any chance of the West having Gundam.

After Pacific Rim, I think everyone on this side of the world has come to the general understanding that the average Western consumer does not want giant robots.

>Bamco also hates West Tales fans and actively tries to make them mad.

I don't know. scoring Zestria PC for $6.99 on their website made me happy.

>After Pacific Rim, I think everyone on this side of the world has come to the general understanding that the average Western consumer does not want giant robots.
These aren't even remotely the same.

>scoring Zestria PC for $6.99 on their website made me happy.
>Buying Zestria

>puts 250 shekels into an early access game
>complains when it doesn't turn out as he wished for
God, what a retard.

Like it or not, Bamco is a big business that needs to pull in big money. You can't blame them for every perceived slight. This abortion of a video game is on the devs. At least the failed government-sponsored game dev company behind Kingdom of Amalur or whatever its called got the bright idea to turn their half assed MMORPG into a single player RPG before everything went to shit.

>Like it or not, Bamco is a big business that needs to pull in big money.
Then why didn't they give in and localize PS3 Vesperia; one of the only games to ever get nagged about SO MUCH that the company has to literally tell you
>Stop fucking telling us you want this game. ANYTHING BUT THIS ONE! PLEASE!
constantly?

Isn't that a common indicator for
>Localize this one, ayy.

If Bamco wanted to see actual returns on the game they shouldn't have rushed it out the door the instant they became publisher.
The game was chugging along fine. Slowly, but fine. And then suddenly
>btw we launch next month kek

GW doesn't want fun games. They want people to buy their shitty models instead

>The game was chugging along fine. Slowly, but fine.

At the rate development was going, the game would have been "completed" by 2020. More likely than not, they inspected the state of the game and basically said fuck it we just bought a bad investment just get rid of it now.

Waiting until 2018 would've helped immensely desu

Well hopefully deathwing will be good. As soon as I heard they were gonna have an original writer help with the story it put a little bit of hope in me.

Yeah Gav Thorpe. Don't be too excited

Well he's working with the guys who made E.Y.E divine cybermancy so all of them working together should result in something decent. Also the very little gameplay we've seen looks really good, and the fact they already said they wont include the option to play as genestealers means they would rather focus on the terminators.

Multiplayer fags is the reason why we wont get another Warhammer 40k Space Marine.

I fucking hate the gaming community. Fuck communities, I want to play with myself.

Watch it plummet in less than a month.

it's gonna be repetative shit after 2h like Vermintide, except Deathwing don't have loot system or any customization. Game is doomed to fail like EC.

dumb idea in the first place

Last warhammer game that was good since Soulstorm was total war warhammer
And yes soulstorm was great because I only played multiplayer

Dow 1 with dlcs was 9.5/10