So is it good?

So is it good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ce6DdOP6i4w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, it's shit even by telltale standard.

Have you played it?

>play

>episode 1 of 5
Why is this allowed?

If you like Telltale games you'll probably like it. All fake choices and QTEs. It's no worse or better than any of their other "games".

It's the same shit they make every other game with the twist of "What if Batman's parents were horrible assholes"?

it's cool if you watched TAS and try to replicate his character
it still has the shitty telltale drama and seemingly tough decisions that would actually be completely solvable for batman

It's alright. Better than minecraft. I like it's fairly ambitious changes to Wayne's parents

>What if Batman's parents were horrible assholes
So they aren't following canon?

I've played episode 1 and I'm a fan of Telltale and it's shit, their worst game since Jurassic Park.

No, they're doing their own approach. It takes place early on in batman's career as a masked vigilante

>All fake choices and QTEs

It used to be something else, man.

>telltale
everyone tired of this tipe of gameplay

>So they aren't following canon?

Seems not. They actually commit to the Waynes being not just mobsters, but really, really horrible mobsters.

It's actually one of the few upsides to the series. If they were just telling the same old fucking batman origin story for the 1000th time, what would be the point?

Too bad they keep shitting these out every year

>Telltale QTE cinematic garbage

This company alone has run this specific genre of games into the ground.

>It used to be something else, man.

I see Strong Bad as an exception to the Telltale rule. It's the only legitimately funny game they've ever made because the Chaps wrote it instead of Telltale.

>never played tales from the borderlands

dropped

Anthony pls leave.

Tales from the borderland is good, but no where near as funny as Strong Bad.
Also lets not forget this
youtube.com/watch?v=ce6DdOP6i4w

Sam and Max gave plenty of laughs too, don't know what's your bias

but this guy is baiting hard

>Sam and Max gave plenty of laughs too

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, senpai.

Are you guys serious? This is a plot point wholesale lifted from RIP.

I am sorry, but what is RIP?

playing tales of monkey island right now and its a riot, m8.

its a functional story-based batman game in telltale's style. its not broken or horrible or anything, just kind of generic and boring

>Are you guys serious? This is a plot point wholesale lifted from RIP.

Yes, but in RIP they were eventually exonerated.

There doesn't look like any way back for them as on Chapter 2 of this, what with Thomas Wayne murdering his friend and brain damaging his friend's wife with drugs so he can commit her to Arkham in order to steal their land.

meant for

>playing tales of monkey island right now and its a riot, m8.

It was alright, and I liked Morgan. It fell flat at a lot of points though, and you can't honestly claim it even comes close to 1-3 (let's pretend 4 never happened, shall we?)

I already hate this Son of Arkham bullshit they're pulling. The villain is just a shitty blend of Anarky and every stupid le Anonymous parody you've ever seen.

But I have to admit they pulled a really good knife twist in episode 2 when Harvey loses all inhibitions and impulse control and he's STILL a good guy that genuinely wants to help Gotham City.

It made it hurt a lot worse when I picked to save Selina over him. Anybody know what happens if you pick him instead?

>Anybody know what happens if you pick him instead?

A bad guy calls her a bitch and it hurts the games journalism industry's collective feelings.

w-what about Sam and Max?

I laughed

Selina gets shot in the shoulder, then flees looking a mixed of disappointed and pissed at Batman. Aka Harvey will like you for episode 3 and Selina will not. Then on episode 4 is wouldn't have mattered.

>Also lets not forget this
>youtube.com/watch?v=ce6DdOP6i4w

Srsly?

yes

>>Also lets not forget this
>>youtube.com/watch?v=ce6DdOP6i4w
>Srsly?

Seriously?

I really don't understand how TT can be such hacks that they can't write a story with actually meaningful choices in a game with this formula, after so many games, when Obsidian could do it properly while combining it with a lot of other (albeit lackluster) mechanics in Alpha Protocol. Why do people still like and support them?

>I really don't understand how TT can be such hacks that they can't write a story with actually meaningful choices in a game with this formula, after so many games

Every actual meaningful choice is another scene (with voices and assets) that some players will never see.

Given how slow they are already, they'd never finish another game.

Having said that, considering how expensive their games are for how little "play" time you get out of them, people 100% SHOULD expect meaningful choices and branching paths.

Basically you can put it down to a combination of laziness, greed and incompetence in that order.

He still gets hospitalized, but is more because of the beating he got and the drug in his system getting out.

Catwoman gets hurt, but manages to escape Penguin's goons.

It doesn't matter in Episode 3, since the trailer shows Catwoman flirting with Bruce again like nothing happened.

Because people eat it up.

Because as long as you say that the choices matter long enough and make the game sa big a pain in the ass to replay as possible, 80% of your audience will be fooled into thinking what they did actually mattered and the story was designed around them.

They'll keep this shit going forever for as long as the curtain isn't pulled.

I also forgot to add that having a properly branching storyline also makes their episodic system impossible to implement, as each episode would require exponentially more content, most of which would never be seen by a single player.

Are TT games that expensive? At least here in Snoreway they're pretty cheap compared to most games.

>Are TT games that expensive?

Using Batman and UK prices as an example, going by the time played I have from the first two episodes:

£20, 1.5hrs per episode.

£20 for a 7.5hr game that doesn't really have any gameplay. It's on par with buying actual movies I suppose, which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.