Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tgnsx3dgx1I
youtube.com/watch?v=9lMo7ZCYITU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no.

For what? I loved it

Still trash

I'm sorry...

I'm sorry you're the weakest entry in your series but still better than anything else released in 2013

Gomenasai...

xoxoxo....

I'm sorr6 for buying you and supporting the bland forgettable shitfest that is Dark Souls 3.

Maybe.. I hated DS2 but DS3 left a shit taste in my moth that DS2 didn't.. at least DS2 feels like a souls game

Nice bait.

the only souls game that drove the millennials away because of durability and permanent loss of health bar on death.

>Adaptability
>having an excessive amount of bosses that are bland and shit
>snoozefest singleplayer
>mediocre multiplayer
>stat building is so broken you can one-shot every boss in the game except for the big ass optional dragon

No

ごめんなさい...

i liked 2 more than 3

so what's the adaptability meme again? I beat the game 4 times without ever putting a point into it. I never even knew what it does

if there was a remake under bb's engine/combat animations/speed would it good?

It increases your rolling i-frames. It's very exploitable.

I'M SORRY DARK SOULS 2-SENPAI-SAMA....

oh wow, that actually does sound retarded

At least DS2s PVP offered some fun if you had the agape ring, unlike DS3s shitty gankfest endless super fast estus galore

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not this weakling No, I'm a Conqueror.

I-I can't stop crying... I'm so sorry Dark Souls 2.. You were the chosen one...

Not as bad as DS3. Pvp in that game is so broken cause of the huge stamina and godly i frames

>demons and 3 never had health loss on death

And please don't try to pretend the durability made the game any more challenging.

A person with max Adaptability was still worse than that.

>Google Search Results
That's just a funky way of saying "Internet"

apologize for what? telling the truth?

Dark Souls 1 also had health loss on death from Curse.

soul memory did really make the game harder/way more punishing actually

let's say you've lost 15k souls, it's still on your soul memory but you can't spend it on stuff anymore. By dying too many times with losing your souls you eventually become cripled in pvp.

Ofc that's still a shitty kind of difficulty as it forces people to minmax around the meta instead of fucking around with actually fun builds. The good thing is that das2 had probably the most viable builds for pvp.

Not really.Simply make sure that you are exchanging hits with him. He will always have less HP/DMG than you.

I don't need to apologize because I always thought it was better than III.

Pretty sure people ignored that by doing Adaptability and magic.

>A person with max Adaptability was still worse than that.
This isn't strictly true (bloodring gives an absurd amount of iframes) but with how slow ds2 was and with q-rolling dodging was definitely more broken overall.

The real question of this thread is: Is Demon Souls still the best souls game?

it goes

Bloodborne > Dark Souls 1 > Dark Souls 3 > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2

yes

Nah. Dark Souls 1 is best. People only say BB is best because it's an exclusive.

It really depends. In straight up duels on the arenas sure but regular invasions are not that straightforward.

Nice try, but I have both. Bloodborne (with the Old Hunters) is better than Dark Souls 1 (with AotA) because I find the combat much more engaging, the weapons more fun to use, the setting/lore much more interesting, and the bosses more fun

But a lot of people used magic in the main game anyways because every boss battle was made pointless by magic.

Lovecraftian is ironically no longer interesting because it's been overused.

oh shit I'm sorry

First half of Dark Souls is the best but rating the whole games it's definitely not the best overall. If from when back and remade 1 without any time constraints it'd be perfect, though.

>Lovecraftian is ironically no longer interesting because it's been overused.
opinions

I own BB as well, I love the setting. I just don't know which souls game is really the best. I want to say Demon Souls because it has the gritty original feel to it. Bloodborne kind of has that though as well, but I really enjoyed 1 and 3. DS2 was weaker but I thought the DLC's made up for it

Saying it's more interesting is also opinions

Sorry for what?

>But a lot of people used magic in the main game anyways because every boss battle was made pointless by magic.
Building magic and building PvP magic+agility are two different things.

Demon Souls is an exclusive too though.

DLC like every souls game was great.

This forum just despised everything else but the PVP in the game when it came out.

obviously, stupid

point to me in my post where I claimed objectivity

>Lovecraftian
>overused
point to me 5 video games in the last 5 years to make as heavy use of Lovecraftian themes as Bloodborne did

>DaS3 > DaS2 > DaS

This is objective fact. Everyone who does not agree is wrong, baiting, or both.

All was forgiven once I got the full set.

That's why people kept claiming it the best until Bloodborne.

Sony fans will always say their games are better because they're on sony systems.

Why is there so much hate for DS3? I loved it an my favorite game is probably DS1. Is it just the new DS2?

shoo shoo, shitposter

go cast your stale bait somewhere else

>liking slutwear

DaS2 fans trying to make their game look better by attempting to enforce the zelda cycle on the souls series

Best DLCs in the series so far.
Also best pvp
Also best balance (sotfs at least)

its only sins are linear and longwinded level design (except the fortress and dlc) and going over board with scale, leaving you with too many humanoid bosses.

apart from that its breddy gr8 m8

I really fucking hope we get this set in one of the DLCs.

I'm saying it's the best user. The games have only been improving. Replaying DaS really accentuates that.

DaS3 was a good game

I'm sorry that you turned out so shit.

You mean nostalgia babbies always try to criticize DaS2. It's funny to see them crash and burn EVERY time.

Scholar was pretty great
Bloodshades are the only redeeming quality of DS3 PvP
Why is durability even in the fucking game, Ds3?
Why are you even allowed to invade in Ds3?
It's clear they didn't want either of those functions in the game

Darkest Dungeon
Cthulhu Realms
Call of Cthulhu and it's 50 other versions
Amnesia
Amnesia A Machine for Pigs
Cthulhu Saves the World
Eldritch
Euclidean

I gave you more than five because I am generous.

i wasnt here when it came out

did v go spastic over minor shit as usual? or what was the verdict?

>bikini armor in a snow zone

>DaS2
>Linear

M8 it was the least linear in the series. Are you fucking daft?

People liked it the first couple of weeks, then, as usual, everyone moved on to hating it.

I say BB because it has better movesets, bosses, enemies, weapons, music, atmosphere, smoother gameplay overall, and a narrative that wasn't wrecked by subsequent games. Also, it has none of Dark Souls major flaws, such as terrible weapons with entire movesets that are unusable, certain weapons causing you to stagger if you miss, empty zones, bosses that die in seconds, enemies that roll over to BSes, terrible mechanics like Poise, ranged that makes a game a joke, infinites, etc.

The only thing I found better about DkS to this day is the amount of interesting switchbacks in the map. BB only had a couple.

>only nostalgiafags criticize DaS2
memes

So I tried DS2 on xbox 360 and didn't really like it. I heard the dlc is great and the PS4 version with it is pretty cheap. Should I do it?

>dark souls 2 apologists

That's why I said, "In ONE of the DLC's" We're getting two dlc packs for DS3.

Bitch my favourite ones are BB and DaS3, this game is bad

As opposed to generic gothic fantasy? There are probably a few games a month that use this setting.

within its zones it was pretty linear is what i was trying to say

I mean so is undead burg but there you wouldnt notice because there were loads of connections to other areas.
this is what i missed the most in ds2

who else /hyped for Ashes of Ariandel/ here?

A Machine for Pigs is not Lovecraftian.
Amnesia was made in 2010.
CoC was made in 2005...
Rest is indieshit.

Not him btw

No Priscilla covenant, no buy.

I want to serve Fluffy Tail.

I'd recommend against it.

How could anyone be possibly hyped for a retread of a zone from the first game?

Calling it indieshit doesn't make it disappear from existence, you mongoloid. They were still made in the past five years.

Amnesia is only 6 years as opposed to 5 years too

Bloodbornes major flaw is Frame rate.

>implying that Priscilla isn't dead
>implying that you won't find her corpse

>2 bosses
>bland as fuck frost areas with few landmarks
yeah nah

>How could anyone possibly be hyped for a retread of Darkroot Garden and Darkroot Basin?

Stop it.

STOP IT.

No.

It isn't the painted world of ariamis though

Isn't it still in the painted world though?

I didn't say it didn't count, but it certainly counts less because nobody gives a fuck about shitty games. Also, if you were to comparatively count all the generic gothic fantasy shit, HP Memecraft would be a tiny pool of games in comparison compared to the generic fantasy shit that comes out on the daily.
Finally;
>"I mean it's only 6 years."
That makes it disappear from existence, you mongoloid.

But the area is not the same.

Having a DLC in some part of Lordran that we didn't visit in DaS1 wouldn't be a retread either.

Why? I never shat on it to begin with. It's the second-best Souls game and has the best PvP.

>He didn't play vanilla DkS and understand why people got hyped by the DLC.

Darkest Dungeon isn't shitty.

>indie games count less and are all shitty
>if it's more than five years old the game doesn't exist anymore

Oh, you're a Sonygger.

Apologize for what? It improved on the former in many ways and made it worse in others. Same with DS3.

>unironically using the word "sonygger"
console warriors like you should be banned

not that guy btw

The guy asked for games made in the last 5 years and you cited a 6 year old and 11 year old game you fucking retard. And yes, DD is shit.

>permanent loss of health bar on death
>permanent

it's a completely different painting, made by a completely different person

If there's no Priscilla there's going to be no reason to buy it. It looks very bland and the leaked info about it does not sound promising.

>Darkest Dungeon
yea ok ill give you that

>Cthulhu Realms
thats a fucking board game suck my dick

>Call of Cthulhu and its 50 other versions
using games directly based on Lovecrafts ACTUAL existing works is kind of bullshit, half of them are indie trash anyway

>Amnesia
Ok, you could call it Lovecraftian

>Cthulhu Saves the World
fuck off

>Eldritch
most of these types of games are something else entirely with some Lovecraft slapped on, this isn't doing it well

>Euclidean
It's pretty Lovecraftian, with it trying to show you an alien landscape and geometry, so sure

never

still shit

>waifufags
Fuck off

>leaked info

There'll be nothing else good about it. There's nothing else to it outside of what was in the trailer according to the info that's been put out.

Yes, we'll certainly agree with your uninformed opinion of a piece of media that isn't even released yet that no consumer knows everything about.
Stop posting.

>not him btw
>not that guy btw

your constant insistence that you are DEFINITELY, most certainly NOT that guy (btw) makes it seem like you actually ARE that guy.

>delusional and overly defensive DaS 3 faggot

yeah, that would be highly convenient for you, wouldn't it?

>delusional and overly defensive conclusion-jumper waifucuck
DS2 is my favourite but I enjoy every Souls game including all the DLCs. I will enjoy playing more of the game while you will hate your life and cry in the corner.
I win.

It's piss easy to edit out the (You)

>not being hyped about a 3 phase boss fight

first you fight scythe girl

then she turns into the giant crow demon lady from the first trailer

then you fight bowl guy

>DS2 is my favorite

So nothing you say matters.

stay delusional, shitposter

go be with your kind, you're not welcome here

Yeah I'd certainly want to be more like you who obviously hates themselves and everything around them.
Last (You) for you, now go do something with your free time that's more productive.

APOLOGIZE

Souls threads always provide the most angry and defensive responses.

>giant crow demon lady from the first trailer
>then you fight bowl guy
They're the same guy, idiot.

>Here's your level, bro

>he unironically linked the fire in DaS3
I know you're out there. Explain yourselves.

I apologize for the fact that sotfs made it worse

I was already planning on playing as a slutty anime sword lady when I started the game. Finding that set just made it easier.

No they aren't you jackass, bowlguy has a beard and giant crow woman doesn't

>M-multiple people that disagree must b-be sa-samefags!

Fuck off fuckface.

I unironically loved that zone. It's so difficult.
I think people hate on DS2 the most because it's the most difficult game in the series. Claim artificial excuses all you want but it's true.

How did it make it worse? The lighting and graphics were improved, torches became useful in more of the game, etc. If you say "muh enemy hordes" that's just casual as fuck and not really an argument imo, it's easy to deal with them and everyone over exaggerates the amounts.

AAAAAAAAAAA
>AAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAA
>AAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAA
>AAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAA
>AAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAA
>AAAAAAAAAAA

>bowlguy has a beard
No he doesn't, that's just the hair around his head going down under it.

>complaining about dodging
time your r1 mash better

The game was a cakewalk until the DLC.
But nothing is harder than chalices.

Fuck you. Frigid outskirts are such a lazy, thoughtless piece of shit level that From should give you money for actually playing it. From the extra loadingscreen you have to suffer, over the bugged rapedeers up to the recycled boss that, there is nothing good about that area.

I liked the idea at first, I thought it was going to be like the forest from DS1. Nope.

M A D

>tfw i never even finished this area

He's right, it was a shitty zone. A good idea, executed very poorly, that had a rehashed boss at the end.

>stupid mechanics
>b-b-but I like purely roll-based ADP combat

The boss is what gets me the angriest. They literally took the first boss, made two of him and put them in one room. Fighting dual bosses that weren't designed around being dual bosses really shows off how shitty the combat system can be.

One time I went to the trouble of summoning both the NPC phantoms and slowly trudging my way through the horse-infested wasteland. By the time I got to the boss, one had died, but I had come close to beating the cats before so I figured I could do it with just the one.

Right as the second cat joined the fight the NPC summon actually timed out.

I will forever remember that zone.

Why do people hate this area? It was one of the more memorable parts. Those lightning horses are fuckers but it felt so nice to actually get to the end and manage to kill the damn tigers

It was executed amazingly. Harsh and difficult, just like being in a real blizzard in terms of atmosphere.

>purely roll-based combat
But that's every other Souls game EXCEPT DS2. You don't even match the basically free iframes until you 99 both ADP and ATN for all that agility.
Rolling is so OP in DS3 PvP in particular that it's not even funny.

DS2 haters are mostly bandwagoners. I have not seen a single piece of legit criticism in these threads that isn't just some stubborn uninformed shitter's opinion.
Like it's fine to not like the game but if the reason is "it's not like the other game" then go play those and shut up.

Lol too tough for you, DaS2 baby?

You can tell someone has never played DS2 if they claim any of the other games are tougher.
DS3 PvP is objectively shit and to say otherwise is simply wrong. You can still enjoy them and that's fine, but it will NEVER be as good as DS2's or even DS1's PvP.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tgnsx3dgx1I
youtube.com/watch?v=9lMo7ZCYITU

>PvP

The only good reason to like DaS2, but literally nobody cares.

What you ARE is a sad excuse for a human being who takes his vidya WAY too seriously.

>It was one of the more memorable parts.
>implying that memorable == good
memorable just means that I remember it. I remember it because it was such an awful piece of garbage. It was memorable because it was so shockingly annoying.

I apologize for spending real money to purchase this game.
I apologize for wasting 17 hours of my life playing it.
I apologize for not believing those of you who warned me.

Now all you other fuckers who tricked me need to apologize!

Copy pasta? Some soulsmeme I've managed to miss?
If so, LeL
If nah, a well designed video-game shouldn't send it's players to google search results

The blizzard part was great. The navigating was great. The same stupid unicorns repeatedly was boring, and the boss at the end was awful. Also, it didn't reward you enough for exploration.

>17 hours

I agree with these but the second video claims DS2 has a weaker PvE with a clip of a broken ogre grab hitbox - meanwhile the same shit happens in every Souls game. It's not fair to only claim that DS2 has broken hitboxes when all of them are bad at times. It's probably because people aren't used to the lower amount of iframes at base ADP, which is kekworthy because it just tells me that they're casuals relying on their crutches who can't time rolls properly.

DeS was the only one with good PvP in the series.

These two videos really describe the issues with DaS 3 multiplayer very well.

Because of the whole shutting down online if you beat an area boss thing 80% of invasions are ganks between SL80-120, the other 10% being fight clubs and normal people, which is the SL everyone is at. SL130-150 is No Man's Land, and then at 170 your only choice is joining an autistic clan fight started by /vg/. Your only other choice is purposely making your SL low to fight braindead people.

>Right as the second cat joined the fight the NPC summon actually timed out
I remember that too. It got fixed tho, ever since SotFS got out, both it and the base version extended time for friendly phantoms, and now phantoms and shades don't time out during boss fights

>only 17 hours played
>relevant opinion
Pick one

Also
>shitpost webm with a filename implying the entire series is shit
Lemme guess, never played Demon's Souls or Bloodborne either? Only 5 hours in DS1 too? Lmao

Sorry, I meant 10% fight clubs and 10% normal people. But still.

>the lightning and graphics were improved
If you call adding a green tint, overdoing the bloom, and overbrightning up the game good then hey more power for you. But to me that shit is terrible. Also the lightnijg system does not require a torch to be lit

>muh enemy hordes
Sure it THAT more difficult but it makes it much more tedious to play

> It's not fair to only claim that DS2 has broken hitboxes when all of them are bad at times.
They're all bad at times (though DaS3 had some very impressive hotboxes), but DaS2 was bad a lot more consistently. It was the only way you could even get hit with 2's slow ass combat.

>More than 17 hours played
>has good taste in games
Pick one

And actually quite enjoyed 1 and 3, doesn't mean I don't recognise various really shitty design choices in both.

ps owning a sony console? two?xD

Must be bait

DeS PvP is just as bad as BB and DS3 PvP, because there's:
>No poise
>Gankfests galore
>Basically infinite healing making fights last forever
Etc etc
Those games have ded multiplayer scenes for a reason

>DeS was the only one with good PvP in the series.
I haven't played it, but isn't it basically the same as DaS 1 pvp but with more infinites? Everyone who used to pvp on Demon's seems to say they even have the same tech, too.

Fuck i mispelled the last part, what i meant to say was: sure it isn't much more difficult but it makes it much more tedious to play

>poise
>better for pvp than hyper armor

what's the best type of magic?

sorcery, miracles, or pyromancy?

>He wasn't there.
It was honorfags galore after Christmas, user... Many players didn't heal. Ganksfests have been in all the games too. Also, poise was the worst mechanic in series history:

>Renders spacing an attack pointless.
>Renders timing an attack pointless.
>Rewards poor play.
>Magnifies the BS problems.
>Ruins entire classes of weapons.

Poise is what ruined DkS1. DkS2 was ruined by infinites with no toggle escape, slow as fuck combat, and the worst netcode and hitboxes in the series (both of which are a remarkable feat in a series with bad hitboxes and netcode).

Pyromancy has a braindead combo for a PvP that wins against almost every playstyle.

Hyperarmor is easy as fuck to exploit and turns matches into a snoozefest because everyone is too afraid to attack knowing that they won't get staggered at certain times. Poise meanwhile adds an extra layer of depth to both PvE and PvP, and cannot be exploited completely thanks to toggle escapes.
Dumb animeposter.

DS1: Pyromancy
DS2: Hexes (Miracles if unpatched)
DS3: Literally nothing

>DS2
>Worst netcode
>Muh hitboxes meme again
Hasn't played it/10

pyro is great in DaS3, what the fuck are you talking about?

Most people feel that magic is considered actually viable if it can purely take you through PvE and be reliable to purely use in PvE.
Pyromancy is neither of that in DS3, as is any other magic type.

so you haven't played the game

>shitkid sees combo in youtube videos
>tries to do it and fails
>point blanks and obviously telegraphed forbidden sun
>roll through it and they panic
Makes shitters easier to kill, and skilled people dangerous. What's the issue?

>hyperarmor
>easier to exploit than "let's reward players for misplaying" poise

@352824484
I have. Present a counter argument and you'll get an actual reply.

@352824601
(You) as well. Stop talking if you have nothing important to say.

It doesn't go that way when a skilled Pyromancer is using it. It requires little to no effort to do and any sort of latency in the fight will make it easier for the Pyromancer to hit the opponent. That combined that with shitty hitboxes and the fact that they made Black Serpent able to turn around completely and circle around the caster to follow you and it's not hard at all for them to do over 1000 damage with one Black Serpent and one CBV.

Black Serpent is also now a true combo setup for any other pyromancy. And because netcode and latency again, even if you would have dodged black serpent it might still count as a hit, and then you are dead.

But even without latency this combo is bullshit and pretty much easy mode.

>@352824484
>I have. Present a counter argument and you'll get an actual reply.

>actually being so assmad that you pull this petty horseshit

Pyromancies output huge damage for minimal FP cost all the way through the game, so long as you're not being a total retard and trying to cast them offhand on a quality build, because they employ DaS2 scaling and thus require a "quality" int/fai build.

Intelligent pyro usage trivializes most of the pve and it's lethal in pvp with good spell choice

>skilled Pyromancer
That's what makes it okay, tho. I didn't find many skilled pyros in over 1k hours of play, where as shit pyros are common place and easy to kill. I don't see it wrong that a game rewards good players

The lag/netcode is a whole different issue tho

Avatarfagging is against the rules.

No poise. Which makes the PvP much different. Here were the differences between the two though.

Poise magnified the BS problem, and DWGR magnified it even more.
Second Chance was a buff that gave you half a health bar back if you died. You couldn't be one-shot because of this by something like hornet.
Poise made lots of small weapons unplayable, and made all the weapons fall into two camps: 1. Weapons with a fast spammable frame trap like Falchion or Katana, and 2. Weapons that had infinites like Zwei/clay/mura. In DeS they was simply several high-tier weapons (Estoc, DBS, Gaxe, Hammer, Katanas, Winged Spear, Kilij, NR were all great). They all played a little differently too.
Weapons in DeS had combos from R2s and dashing attacks at a much higher frequency. Estoc in particular had a great reward/risk factor for attacks.
Parry in DeS was slower and easier to punish.
Oki was much less about chain BSing in DeS.

It was actually a lot different. DkS was just a scrubby version of DeA though.

When I said "skilled" Pyromancer I mean someone who is competent enough to cycle between Black Serpent and CBV and use Black Serpent to prevent any pressure against them, which in reality is not very skillful at all.

Plus these two Pyromancies cost little to no FP to use so there's no drawbacks to shooting BS, then CBV, then BS again until at least one hits the opponent

>FP
My bad, thought you were talking about DS2

But I have user. I played PvP up until the last DLC was released and most times it was horrible. It doesn't matter, it being slow, full of infinites, and 1hkos are beyond refutation.

No. I'm sure the combo isn't OP in DS2 but in 3 it's cancer and pretty much easy mode.

You're dodging Black Serpent wrong if it takes "little to no effort"for them to hit you with it and set up a combo. Fire surge is the true cancer.

>just dodge it lol

There are five results of this
>latency gets you hit and stunned for an instakill
>bad hitboxes get you hit and stunned for an instakill
>CBV hits you with its massive hitbox
>Black Serpent turns around to hit you if you try to pressure
>the least likely result is the dodge actually works as it should

>latency gets you hit and stunned for an instakill
>bad hitboxes get you hit and stunned for an instakill
You're dodging it wrong or playing against a russian that can force you to take damage from anything.
>CBV hits you with its massive hitbox
Don't be predictable with your dodges (this is definitely harder against a good pyro though)
>Black Serpent turns around to hit you if you try to pressure
Definitely dodging it wrong, don't pressure if you're in a circumstance when it can still circle around and pound your backside
t. reactive halberd user who literally only gets hit by fire surge

The first two aren't specific to foreigners because the netcode is shit and it's P2P

>Don't be predictable with your dodges (this is definitely harder against a good pyro though)
The window of safe dodges between BS and CBV is so minuscule it hardly matters.

>Definitely dodging it wrong, don't pressure if you're in a circumstance when it can still circle around and pound your backside

That's most situations though. Even if you put on the pressure before they cast it they can usually get a panic BS in right before they stagger which leaves you open for their one-shot CBV.

Point of the matter is, this combo is far easier than almost every other playstyle in the game.