Metal Gear Survive Spolers

The games story mode is pretty short, about 15-20 hours give or take. It has a mission structure similar to MGSV, with "episode" missions and chapters. However there is no episode menu to select from, each episode starts right after one finishes. Its more of a linear story in MGSV's open world setting.
There are 3 chapters to the game, this obviously being a shot at The Phantom Pain, first chapter has 4 episodes, the second has 5 episodes and the last chapter has 3 episodes. There is also a prologue that is nothing more than a cutscene about Mother Base being destroyed.

Chapter 1 is called "Arrive".
Each mission name is taken from MGSV.
1. "Over the Fence"
2. "C2W"
3. "On the Trail"
4. "Occupation Forces"
Chapter 1 is your simple intro to the game, story and gameplay tutorial. You're tasked with exploring the Mother Base wreckage, looking for survivors and anything useful. You come across 3 other survivors, 2 of which seem to have been in the Afghan Wasteland for some time. It seems that the wormholes defy space and time, even though all of Mother Base was sucked up at the same time, it was dropped off in the Wasteland at varying times. Throughout the game wormholes will randomly open in the sky dropping new wreckage and stuff. The 4 characters are the only characters in the game, though there is a cameo of a MGSV character later on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_JZom_gVfuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Chapter 2 is called "Survive".
1. "Close Contact"
2. "Root Cause"
3. "Hunting Down"
4. "Retake the Platform"
5. "Aim True, Ye Vengeful"
Chapter 2 is the core of the game. You are tasked with getting raidio beacons set up to see if you can contact the outside, but ultimately fail to the hoards(this is what you see in the most recent gameplay). You learn that the zombies are dead people who have been sucked up by the wormholes, for some reason the journey from the living world to the Wasteland turned them into what they are now. However you quickly realize that the zombies aren't MSF soldiers, they are all different people. A new giant wormhole opens up in the sky, and a large connective chunk of Mother Base falls out. However the chunk of Mother Base, hitting the ground, is still protruding into the wormhole. You and your team devise a plan to climb up the Mother Base debris, into the wormhole and hopefully back into the living world. Yet again you fail your mission, as all 3 of the survivors you met die to the hoards on the journey upwards. In defeat you are stranded on a piece of the debris with the wormhole above you closing, and a hoard below you. Just then you hear a loud roar.

Chapter 3 is called "Revive"
1. "Sahelanthropus"
2. "Voices"
3. "Shining Lights, Even in Death"
The missions for Chapter 3 are short. The first one is about a twisted, rusted and broken Sahlanthropus. It seems to have a mind of its own, as if it was a living being. You first see it in its standard, REX-like form. Its attracted to the giant hoard of zombies below you. It approaches and the zombies begin to attack it, and in return it begins to attack the zombies. In the fray you find a way to escape. Now on your own, you begin to wander the Wasteland, when you suddenly start to hear scrambled voices on your radio. The voices get clearer the higher you get, you have no choice but to return to the giant chunk of Mother Base you just left. The Mother Base debris still protruding into the slowly closing wormhole, dead zombies scattered everywhere. You get closer to the top and the voices on the radio start to become clearer and clearer. You encounter Sahlanthropus again, this time it changes forms. Instead of the upright mech it was in MGSV, its a twisted form of itself, crawling on all fours. Fearing that even if you make it to the top of the debris, it could follow you to the other side, you devise a plan to collapse the Mother Base wreckage on top of it. This being the final boss fight of the game, you essentially just evade its attacks while attacking it to "stun it" while you can plant crafted explosives on the debris. Successfully in collapsing the wreckage on Sahlanthropus, you are also mortally injured. Sahlanthropus begins a self destruct countdown, leading to a nuclear explosion. The next scene is in a first person view, similar to the start of The Phantom Pain, as your view is blurry and over saturated with light. It eventually becomes clear and you are in a hospital bed, as Ocelot walks over to you and jokingly says "Welcome back to the world of the living, Boss".

IT WAS ALL A DREAM
I USED TO READ WORD UP MAGAZINE

>That ending
McFuck yourself.

Also, Why do the supposedly MSF soldiers in this game wear DD uniforms?

>15 to 20 hours
>short

youtube.com/watch?v=_JZom_gVfuw

Konami doesn't give a shit. They are trying to recoup the money spent on the shit pile that is V while killing the MGS franchise at the same time.

>Chapter 3

So it's just big boss's dream?

Giant shit tank when?

I'm not a Kojima fanboy or anything, but this game looks pedestrian af. Of all the things they could have done with this franchise, of course they choose whats basically a zombie DLC. But I do like the idea of being able to create your own character in the MG universe. Snake as a character is lame af imo, 80's action movie dude with a mullet....would have been ok with this if you could have covered his face with a balaclava like you could in Patriots.

I miss these posts

The hardest thing to accept (to me), is how people actually allowed Kojima to cast Hayter for so long. He should have been dropped before Snake Eater.

>Dream of Big Boss
>Has Sahelanthropus
How would he even know about it?

>The missions for Chapter 3 are short. The first one is about a twisted, rusted and broken Sahlanthropus. It seems to have a mind of its own, as if it was a living being. You first see it in its standard, REX-like form. Its attracted to the giant hoard of zombies below you. It approaches and the zombies begin to attack it, and in return it begins to attack the zombies. In the fray you find a way to escape. Now on your own, you begin to wander the Wasteland, when you suddenly start to hear scrambled voices on your radio. The voices get clearer the higher you get, you have no choice but to return to the giant chunk of Mother Base you just left. The Mother Base debris still protruding into the slowly closing wormhole, dead zombies scattered everywhere. You get closer to the top and the voices on the radio start to become clearer and clearer. You encounter Sahlanthropus again, this time it changes forms. Instead of the upright mech it was in MGSV, its a twisted form of itself, crawling on all fours. Fearing that even if you make it to the top of the debris, it could follow you to the other side, you devise a plan to collapse the Mother Base wreckage on top of it. This being the final boss fight of the game, you essentially just evade its attacks while attacking it to "stun it" while you can plant crafted explosives on the debris. Successfully in collapsing the wreckage on Sahlanthropus, you are also mortally injured. Sahlanthropus begins a self destruct countdown, leading to a nuclear explosion. The next scene is in a first person view, similar to the start of The Phantom Pain, as your view is blurry and over saturated with light. It eventually becomes clear and you are in a hospital bed, as Ocelot walks over to you and jokingly says "Welcome back to the world of the living, Boss".

who /old snake suicidal in cemetary/ now?

Its not Hayter that's the problem it was the voice direction. He had to throw up because they kept making him redo lines in Peace Walker to get his voice to be gravelly enough. He's fucked his throat to hell and back.

Holy fuck my sides

Never should have been big boss

Oh wow, I had literally no idea that Peace Walker was before Snake Eater.

?

Well I agree, but it is what it is. Should have always been Richard Doyle and The Fury getting someone else.
My point is that the voice direction was pretty shit and very demanding of stupid shit that somehow made things worse as time went on. I love MGS but the series is far from perfect.

Kojima isn't the casting director for the English versions.

>My point is that the voice direction was pretty shit and very demanding of stupid shit that somehow made things worse as time went on. I love MGS but the series is far from perfect.

This theory doesn't make sense after Kiefersnake.

>Why do the supposedly MSF soldiers in this game wear DD uniforms?

Because they don't care about any part of this thing. This is the easiest oversight to spot next to DD Motherbase appearing in the desert after MSF Motherbase gets sucked through the wormhole. They aren't bothered about making anything worthwhile and they aren't shy about letting us know.

You mean Kiefer who barely said anything half the time and was just as deadpan as Hayter? The only difference is that Kiefer is more naturally gravelly so he doesn't have to force it as much, he's still just as poor and boring.

A couple of good lines out of the entirety of a script isn't good, and yes the same can be said of Hayter.

I feel bad for MGS friends.

As a DMC fan I know exactly how it feels when your favorite vidya series is butchered right before your eyes.

>You mean Kiefer who barely said anything half the time and was just as deadpan as Hayter? The only difference is that Kiefer is more naturally gravelly so he doesn't have to force it as much, he's still just as poor and boring.
>I clearly did not listen to any of the tapes

>mfw might actually get MGS Survive and will probably end up having fun with it

Difference being Hayter is more portraying a parody of his own voice acting. Kiefer was introduced to add a depth of dark atmosphere to the game. Even though Kiefer didn't say much, all that mocap, it spoke more than words.

does anybody care about this game?

as far as im concerned the series ended with mgs4, mgsv was a nice bonus.

Listened to them all, I stand by my statement.
>spoke more than words

Yeah considering all that mocap is never really used for words 90% of the time.

MGS4 disappointed me that much, it ended the series for me.

>Listened to them all, I stand by my statement.
>them all

Yeah, bud - the Truth Tapes are just a portion of the tapes. There's a difference between bias and open to argument. You're not the later.

Nobody gives a shit about survivor. At least fun could still be had with PO, PW, V, and R. Literally everybody I know that was into MGS doesn't give two flying fucks about Survivor.

>not 100%ing your games and diving into them with full on autism

All of them.