Emulation thread

What have you been emulating, user? What are you using to emulate it? Are you having fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rp-qeG7o2Z8
youtube.com/watch?v=8vOFT8lHZ3c
youtube.com/watch?v=p9bLtBSdsHc
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Emulation_General_Wiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

epic trole

Are you okay?

I haven't played RE2 before so I'm looking to emulate it.
I'm planning on using the Gamecube version, unless you guys think it's not definitive.
what?

MAME, DonPachi and other shmups.

No, my head hurts, and my wife is a fat whiny bitch.

Does anyone know how to get rid of these vertical lines in PCSX-R? Oftentimes when I play games on it I get this annoying line and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Playing Pokemon Platinum on my phone

>tfw multiplayer never

Here are the settings

Just a wild guess from playing Max Payne 1 - toggle AF?

Mario Sunshine on Dolphin. It's the only Nintendo-made Mario game I hadn't played so I figured I should.

It is also the best 3D Mario game

>Playstation 3 Emulator

Is this for real? And if so do you need a GTX 1070-tier PC to run it? I wanna play Tales of Vesperia PS3 on it.

I fucking hate MAME since day 1
Seriously
Fuck MAME

What do you use to emulate arcade games, if you don't mind my asking?

Its real but its in no shape for playing most games:
youtube.com/watch?v=Rp-qeG7o2Z8
But there is hope:
youtube.com/watch?v=8vOFT8lHZ3c
AF?

Don't even bother. PS3/360 emulation is still in the works, Vesperia isn't playable.

Definitive version is the PC japanese rerelease made by SourceNext.

it got a lot better recently, DX12 gave it a huge boost.

It depends on a game.

Usually specific emulators like Kawaks, Zinc or Raine

can I ask why?

How do you decide which emulator to use for which game, and what's the benefits to using those emulators over MAME? Genuinely interested, personally I just use MAME because it's straightforward and easy and runs everything I want to play, I'm not a fan of having multiple arcade emulators but I would have no problem switching from MAME to an alternative if I understood the benefits.

I've played through Mario Kart 8 on CEMU 1.5.4 (the current version is 1.6.0) and i've "beaten" the game for 150cc mode and it was definitely playable except for one course (the one that has an ice theme)

However, the game had to build up some shader cache initially for the unplayable stuttering to stop.

GTX 770 2gb
8gb of ram
FX 6300 @ 4.2ghz

Played through Nayuta: Endless Trails (fan-translated) the other week on PPSSPP.
Pretty decent action platformer. Typical Falcom game.

Kinda wondering if I should play The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky on PPSSPP as well, instead of on Steam. The emulator's ability to fast-forward is so nice.

Saturn emulation when?

So what games work on it?

We've had Saturn emulation for years. Would be nice if they perfected it, but lots of games are playable.

>How do you decide which emulator to use for which game
It's pretty simple. Every emulator runs different hardware, fe: WinKawaks let's you run CPS1/CPS2 boards, Raine let's you run Taito games etc.

>what's the benefits to using those emulators over MAME?
Right now? Probably none. Long time ago ("long time ago" = "more than 10 years ago") those emulators were way faster than MAME. They still probably are but there's no point in using them since even shitty laptop has a lot of power to spare.

Puzzlefighter and G-force
youtube.com/watch?v=p9bLtBSdsHc

this may seem pathetic but for the longest time
>couldn't run at all
then
>couldn't boot a retail game
then
>could boot a retail game but only the menu of Disgaea
then
>could boot a retail game but only Disgaea at 0.2fps with graphical glitches

it's made a lot of progress in the last year.

Well, shit. Didn't know about the english translation.

Downloading.

>One day, PS3 Emulation will be good enough to play Little Big Planet 1, 2 and 3 via Netplay with friends and finally 100% that piece of shit

thanks bro.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate the information.

Can't wait to get games like killzone 2 working on it. My girl use console all the time so I can't play them.

No problem.

I still fucking hate MAME. Fuck MAME.

new to emulation. is there a wiki or anything?

I'm trying to think of a catchy rhyme to help me remember. 'Don't game on MAME cus it's fuckin' lame.'

Anyone?

There's probably wikis for each individual emulator, dunno about a generalised emulation wiki. What do you want to emulate? You'll probably be able to torrent an emulator pack, something with an emulator for a specific system along with a bunch of roms to play.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Emulation_General_Wiki

>torrent an emulator pack

Good God no, why would you do that? Why would you recommend anyone do that?

Emulators are free, easily downloadable from their own individual websites, open source (which means some less than honest individual could easily make malicious modifications to the emulator and distribute that through torrents and such), and under constant development so any version you might find on torrent sites is guaranteed to be out of date.

There's literally no reason not to get emulators from their respective homepages.

>Good God no, why would you do that? Why would you recommend anyone do that?
>literally no reason not to get emulators from their respective homepages.
Saves the sites' bandwidth, you inconsiderate chucklefuck.

Bought a 2tb HDD and loaded every game I wanted to on it for
>PS1/2/P
>NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii
>MegaDrive/Saturn/Genesis
>MAME
>DOSbox
>GB/GBA/DS

Currently working on gathering PS3/Xbox/360/WiiU ones as well so when/if emulators are up to par for them in the future I'm ready to go.

I think I just enjoy digital archival though desu. There's something oddly relaxing about the process of finding, downloading, and organizing stuff like this. Already got a big-ass tv show/film archive setup with a HTPC and a external hardrive setup with several dozen libraries worth of novels, manga, and comics.

How many emulator projects have regular bandwidth issues?

IKTF, got more games than I'll ever be able to play just in ROMs. Also where the Dreamcast games at?

What's the status on Wii U emulation? There's only like 3 Wii U exclusives I want to play and I'm not buying a system just for them, but the news that it's going out of production has me worried. Will I be able to emulate them anytime soon?

How would I know? All I know is I choose not to contribute to those potential issues wherever possible because I have good manner, you sweaty little fuckface.

Being too obvious now. Don't you have a console wars thread to shitpost on?

I looked into it and pretty much every dreamcast game that interested me has got an enhanced port (Skies of Arcadia, Gauntlet, etc.) or an Arcade/PC version that runs better.

Just didn't see much point in getting a collection for it started when I amn't interested in what else it has.

>not interested in Shenmue

I'm serious about torrenting wherever possible. I admit I hoped to get a rise out of you with the insult at the end there, but seriously, bandwidth isn't free, it just seems proper to me not to use a site's bandwidth to download something when you can torrent it instead.

But it's pointless, no emulator website is hurting for bandwidth, and if they were they'd use any of a number of free hosting websites. Plus I doubt they pay by the MB, it's usually a flat monthly rate regardless of whether they use the bandwidth or not. And having people reporting issues that have long since been fixed because they're using some prehistoric version of the emulator they found in a torrent is a far bigger annoyance.

Just got a Wii U GCN controller adapter yesterday and finished up modifying the latest version of Brawl- to my liking for a game night happening today.

I respect your opinion but I truly believe that politeness is never pointless and saving bandwidth is never pointless. You colossal turd.