youtube.com/watch?v=3OOCbg-1vuY
youtube.com/watch?v=NXpN1MnAVss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>He doesn't like Street Fighter

DOA is perfect

>Explain this
obtuse yelling and theater surround sound

>he doesn't like Super Mario Bros

It's got the perfect amount of camp and seriousness while taking a story like Mortal Kombat and fitting it into a movie time frame. It's not the end all of cinema but has enough entertaining fight scenes and humor to keep it interesting.

I was pretty hyped back in the day for the Reptile fight. I don't recall very well but did Liu go through and do a perfect run to get Reptile to show up like in the games? It's been a while so I don't remember.

MOOOOORTTALLLLLL KOOOMBBBAAAAATTTTT

It wasnt an over the top cg fest. Though scorpions scene literally blew people s minds at the time.

Best fight coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=5Xo95h5tOOI

This was actually pretty darn good.

I enjoyed the first silent hill, the first resident evil, and the spirtis within.

They're still bad flims, but I had fun with them.

man, this movie is shit and I was a fucking kid playing mortal kombat when it was released. only sub zero and scorpion fights are worthwhile in that crap and only if you like those characters

This better be fucking Rept...

It really makes me happy people seem to adore this fight over the others. The music is great too. Will we ever get this theme for Reptile in an MK game?

Gtfo

I always have trouble with TSW, I can't tell if I like it because it's a decent film, or if it's just because I like the actors.

Dredd is still the best movie that's based on a comic book that was turned into a movie and game, and then rebooted with a new movie.

Sly Stallonefags need not apply

Not vidya

Fun fact: that part where he goes through the wall? He broke his ribs in that stunt. Actor playing Reptile is targeting that exact spot multiple times.

Method acting.

Obviously the wizard is the shit, but i think OP is talking about vidya movies (as in a movie with a vidya's setting and characters) not movies about vidya.

Hah yeah, Cobra was a better Dredd film than Sly's Dredd.

So was RoboCop.

We won't, but that doesn't stop the theme from kicking ass.

The Warcraft movie was pretty good.

Wrong pic

was fun

They stuck to the source material, and made a real effort at presenting the world and characters in the best possible way, given their time and budget.

Man that was honestly the worst movie I've ever seen in theaters. I'm pretty tolerant but that was the first time I actually wanted to get up and leave

>when he does the fucking bicycle kick

The tekken movies were alright.

Ace Attorney Movie was the best one.

>doesn't know about the snes judge dredd

Go be underage somewhere else.

He pauses a moment or so before it gets set off to yell. Didn't you have to hold back to use the move in the original games?

I liked the DOOM movie. It's not perfect but enjoyable.

Also Dead or Alive.

it wasn't THAT bad for fuck's sake, nothing exceptional but definitely decent

I liked this actually a lot actually forgot it existed t b h

That proves it, WoW fanboys are cancerous subhumans with the worst taste.

Had to hold kick for 5 seconds, then let it go.

Warcraft was not made for critics, it was made for users.

>tfw saw this in theaters

The first Silent Hill is great.

then why did it get the most basic story elements completely wrong?

Prince of persia and Silent hill movies are also good

WoW's whole setting and aesthetic is atrociously bad. But there's no convincing WoWfags of this. They simply don't see it. It makes perfect sense why critics dismissed it as ugly schlock, and fans enjoyed it. Because the movie was true to the game.

I just watched it. Terrible movie. At least Street Fighter and Super Mario Bros. are funny.

Dude, what?

no it was made for the chinese.

>2 hour mario 3 commercial

It isn't

Point out 1 (one) flaw that this movie had.

youtube.com/watch?v=-OY5oetA1kU

Well the last attack he uses is a punch, but it is about five seconds afterward before the kick goes off. Probably just coincidence but the idea of them going through the trouble of putting in the mechanics of the moves into the fight scenes is pretty cool.

As did I. At the time I thought it was kinda cool cause you know, live action Mario! Really looking back I think the only thing I really enjoyed was Yoshi because he was cute.

It's pure cheese and tits, like it's supposed to be

last 20 minutes of Max Payne were acceptable

I was 7 when this came out, and remember being confused mostly. Just not understanding why it's not like the game.

Also, I didn't know that googling Super Mario Bros shows a clickable coin box in the search. That's strangely satisfying.

for me, it was tuesday

>MKX
>Jonny vs Goro
>Don't you owe me a pair of sunglasses?
Loved it.

>there will never be a tony hawk's underground movie

i agree - i enjoyed it, but it's glaring that the movie was made for fans of the series, and not for the average moviegoer

it did a shit job at exposition and the orc storyline was more fleshed out and gripping than the humans were

i'll be damned if i didn't enjoy it though

>He did this movie because he knew he was going to die soon and wanted to leave his children with a film of him acting as one of their favourite videogame characters in one of their favourite videogames
Based Raul.

>skate footy filmed with a fisheye lense
Wow what a thriller

>What is: Resident Evil?
Resident Evil movies were dope as fuck.

It's just one of those "It's so different from the source so it's instantly bad." types of movies. Thankfully I don't give a shit about legacy and only care about execution.

Has anyone watched this?

Is it good?

REPTILE

youtube.com/watch?v=O9iFfwUps5k

Holy fuck I've forgot I've actually seen the Doom.
>an NPC scientist named Carmack
>silky smooth oily floaty first person sequence in the end

>hating the fisheye lens
youtube.com/watch?v=hkLNW38OVNo

R.I.P Raul Julia.

Resident evil movies are not bad if you are a Jovovichfag, although they are not very related to the games.

the first Persona 3 movie was decent

i remember the rock was on a talk show promoting moom dood and he claimed to be "the guy"

he was full of shit, but karl urban is cool too

Hotline Miami web series when

Nah, cunt.

We already got a really great tony hawk movie, so i am ok with that.

The whole human story was a fucking mess. Medivh was butchered, Khadgar was a retarded fuckboy, and what were they thinking casting that dude for Lothar?

This thread is about live-action movies, idiot

>Only good vidya movie
>Implying

The problem with FF:TSW is that the movie starts and you're already 30 minutes into it for some reason.

And other than really, really vague mentions of a Lifestream-esque thing and Gaia, it has NOTHING to do with Final Fantasy.

I always forget that that movie exists

This movie was decent

robert patrick is the shit

Sonya vs Kano will always be best for the banter.

>what is Jackass: The Movie

I quite enjoy both Resident Evil and Silent Hill. But only the first movies.

They aren't great but hey are fun. I'll still rewatch them from time to time.

fuck yeah. this movie kicks ass. Why don't they use these songs in the games? Fucking idiots!

i didn't mind lothar as much as the guy they casted as medivh

he looked like a 20-something in a wizard halloween costume

i'm anxious to see how the extended version changes the movie - the director claimed there was 30 minutes or so cut out by the studio, which would explain why it felt rushed at points

warcraft would have improved immensely had it had a lotr-style prologue setting up the backstory of fel, sargeras, etc.

my wife watched it, and while she liked it, i had to pause every so often to explain wtf was going on

Ugh, video games?

They made a snes game for the karl urban dredd?

Uwe Boll is the quintessential pleb filter.

>silent hill
The things I appreciated the most about the SH movie was how well it translated the setting. Forget everything else about the plot, acting and whatever, it felt like silent hill.

For as fucking goofy as it is, the Ace Attorney movie did an amazing job of capturing the spirit of the game. It's just a shame that the first 30-60 minutes are so fast-tracked that it's borderline incomprehensible, but the rest is golden.

And holy shit the parrot testimony and Yanni Yogi were so fucking good.

this movie fucking rules m8

best video game movie that's not based on a video game

>pick ice level
>this plays
Boon pls

youtube.com/watch?v=WVIpnoptwSQ

youtube.com/watch?v=FxYuKKsm6Zo

damn forgot about this even reaction sounds are mortal kombaty

on the human side I didn't like any of the costumes, except maybe for the footmen, the king's helm was a fucking motorcycle helmet ffs

It follows a lot of vidya storytelling elements. Character wakes up in first person with no memory because, put through some exposition cutscene and basic tutorial "Can you look right? Good. Now please look to your left". It has a periodical objective, and a final boss.
From the storytelling aspect of it, the movie felt like a video game.

If we're posting good video game movies that aren't actually based of video games, then I would like to add this.

cg dates a movie worse than clash of the titans stop-motion

"Pax Bisonica"

youtube.com/watch?v=qzl3uvkkmmo

Final Fantasy XV: Kingsglaive was released just a while ago.

PREACH THE GOOD WORD

ah yeah the human costumes were amateur

looked like cosplay

way too clean

ultimate videogame movie get hype moment

My nigga jake gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia says otherwise

It's actually really enjoyable if you watch it ironically.

yeah and it was garbage

I think they never owned the rights to those songs, the studio does.

>yfw tony jaa did robin shou's stunts in the terrible mk sequel

>plot comes to a screeching halt for a random fight scene
>it's fucking amazing
Based.

the game and dev is owned by the movie studio now

>movie was made for fans of the series
>Retcons everything, even minor shit, and takes a shit on lorefags

OP didn't say that

forward back forward

Tried too hard to pander to whites

MK's aesthetics actually translate really well to the big screen, but I'm not a fan of the slanted angles in this movie.

desu i think the retcons are nu-wow lore

>tfw Robin Shou talked Linden Ashby into doing his own stunts and Linden was peeing blood for a week after they shot the Scorpion fight after taking an axe kick right to the kidney

>mfw this was adapted from a One Shot manga
>mfw they butchered the end to appeal to the mass

The movie was great but this ruined it for me.

Yeah, but the movie came out how long ago? The time to use those songs to hype a videogame was years ago, if they used them today no one would get them, or they'd think the songs were put in "ironically" since the songs themselves don't quite so much fit the tone of the NewMK
Now I think Test Your Might would have fit perfectly into the colorful MK9, but there were about 25 new dudes and either you put all their names in the song as well or you take out Kano's because honestly he does nothing important in the game.

no, he just encounters him randomly.

That's how you make a good movie, kill the actors.

Bullshit Angry Birds is the best vidya movie

aryan birds is in a class of its own

I heard that he was meant to be the guy, but instead became the villain because he got the BFG

>Cameron Diaz broke her ankle just training for the movie
>Robin Shou got broken ribs being thrown in to a pillar over and over for the Reptile fight
>that one masked guy got frozen and shattered

Damn it I have to watch this movie again when I get home

>why it felt rushed at points

"at points"? the entire thing felt rushed. every potentially interesting scene was fuckin blazed through at light speed because there was too much to cover.

you mean bridgette wilson

i liked the new ending better

no, cameron diaz was originally going to play sonya but she broke her wrist (not ankle as the other user misstated) during training and was replaced by bridgette wilson

oh no shit i didn't know that

have to salute them for going the practical effect route for goro

still looks pretty decent 20 years later

the cg on the other hand...

>tfw they will never be a reboot movie following the events of MK9 or SM

was masketta man's family compensated? I can't find any records, it seems they somehow covered it all up yet kept it blatantly in the finished film

>shit happy end that makes no sense within the rules previously established in the setting.
>better than anything

Let me guess, you are American

This arena was never in a game was it? it would be pretty cool

It was alright. Gay as fuck tho.

Pure kino

>130 replies in
>no ones posted the best opening to any movie ever
>from a director who has enough balls to BLAST the name of the movie before he gives credits to the jew overlords who paid for it
youtube.com/watch?v=M0ac6BXGfuA

I should watch it again, been almost two decades since I did. I love how they did all the characters.

>you will never have a bite of that drumstick

You'll get Reptile's theme for a hip new audience.

youtube.com/watch?v=ULS27Wak6-8

Max Payne was good.

>tfw it was so fucking great that instead of making a new one for the sequel, they just added Annihilation at the end
youtube.com/watch?v=QbucemVUZUg

Well, Mortal Kombat is the name of the tournament, if there is something i hate in recent games is how they have forgotten the tournament part

It's a certain aesthetic, I'm not sure how exactly to define it, but it was right there in Mortal Kombat and I can also find it in other movies like the first Highlander, or the Fifth Element.

The movie was made by people having fun, not taking things too seriously yet at the same time respecting what they were creating.

TREASURE

THESE

MOMENTS

*spits loogie*

Mk stopped being about the tournament after MK2.

I'm genuinely suprised by how good it turned to be
It was realesed in the same period as the Ratchet movie, and at the time, my bet would have be on the lombax.
Turns out it's easier to make a good adaptation when there is pretty much no plot to adapt

I like it and I think the MK3 soundclips are pretty neat

3 was a full on invasion, but wasn't 4 in a tournament setting?

After that is DA, Deception, and Armageddon, and none of those were tournament based.

To this day I don't understand why people have any problem with the movies names.
Edge of Tomorrow sounds cool as fuck and it makes makes a lot of sense.

Best post of the thread.

Because "All you need is Kill" sounds cooler

4 is the same but with Shinnok as the final boss. But still, what i liked about 9 was the how they translated the Bios into the actual cutscenes and the actual tournament taking place, the second half of the story mode is what i hate

Uhhhhhhh. Ew

This version is my shit.

MK9 story for me was perfect up til the point Sindel shows up and kills half the roster in a cutscene (then gets disintegrated and nobody talks about them again).

Fucking awesome Sonya
Was she in the sequel?

I've heard complaints that the name "Edge of Tomorrow" sounds like a boring novel or some shit. People don't like that name for some reason not related to the original Japanese name, that's why they pushed the tag line hard because they wanted people to think the movie was called "Live, Die, Repeat".
Shits stupid.

It's called John Wick.

>Ladder Hell

How is this a videogame

Jackie Chan's domain

You should read his interviews about it. NO ONE wanted to direct it. No one. He not only wanted it, he bribed his way into the meeting. He had atleast 500 hours into the local arcade machine of MK1 when he heard about it.

The studios also wanted the music to be rap or glam rock because "techno wont work"

For anyone whos interested, heres a HUGE article yahoo (of all fucking people) did for its 20th anniversary. honestly greast reading
yahoo.com/movies/mortal-kombat-oral-history-cameron-diaz-126996168532.html

I think Mortal Kombat is any time they decide something in single kombat
Wasn't Kung Jin fighting Kotal a bout of Mortal Kombat?

Most of them are pretty awful movies even if we're not talking about their deviation from the games. Pacing is shit, CGI is mostly shit, no character development, no continuity, nonsensical plot, etc, etc.

MK Annihilation gets a lot of shit and rightfully so, but azn Jade was a qt.

>That Payday crossover short

nah they recast her with a b-movie and c-list tv actress

Lao always looks terrible without his hat.

Do people really not like this movie or is it just the fact that it strays too much from the games?

I cheered in the theater when this happened. Reptile was favorite character and by this point I figured he wasn't going to be in the movie as a ninja.

more like if i beat you you don't kill us bout

>its the final boss battle and the theme song starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=z1WHKM6WWjA

I think mortal kombat needs to go back to basics. Keep a couple newer characters, the core group, and add a couple new. Make it the tournament / tropical island stuff again, make new theme songs, and just start fresh.

The first two movies are pretty good. The rest are shit. The last one, due to be released, seems promising, but seeing how the other movies paved the way to a pretty stupid conclusion, I wouldn't have my hopes up.

That was the first time someone ever did that. Besides, it makes no sense to say "I'm guilty, so to prove my innocence i'll beat you up"

MK10 story is one of the weakest in the series

I've never been a fan of the RE movies

I'll never understand why they haven't attempted to reboot them using RE4 as the basis, and shoot it documentary style or something like that

Thanks man, reading it now.

Was Paul WS Anderson equally enthusiastic about directing the Resident Evils? They didn't turn out nearly as great. Maybe it's his waifu being involved that clouded his judgement.

>You can see Jimmy's Payday Gang mask in the movie
And hey, Jimmy turned out to be one of the better character additions to the game. Mostly because they actually used the actual VA that time instead of getting an impersonator like for John Wick

I remember a bunch of actors changed, but I didn't know who
I've honestly never watched the second one before, and I fear doing so

>kung fu dog kick
It's entertaining, but not really good. The sequels aren't even entertaining though.

>Christopher Lambert's face throughout the entire movie

I love Reptiles muffled yells.

I got a huge "Iron Brigade" vibe from that movie. The creatures and beach setting look very similar.

youtu.be/6rCwihiHtI8?t=308

Cage dies in the first 5 minutes.

I like it
The OST is great and the fights were good. Story was shit, but eh. The first one is still undoubtedly better though.
youtube.com/watch?v=FyYzXc5ySFo

I liked the first two, but everything after has been complete shit. The last movie to come out I forget the name was unironically one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

>these screenshots
thanks user

Mostly because other than the first they just became a way for the director to jerk it via movies to his wife.

3 was the best because they decided it was time to start ripping off Road Warrior.

I was a kid.

When Cage died, I turned it off. Fuck you movie.

> There will never be a Resident Evil 1 movie shot in a "found footage" style

>mortal kombat
>not postal
fucking SHIT TASTE

made me want to fuck an Eskimo in the snow

I had forgotten how based this movie was.

>Implying they won't make the movie(s) canon

good

Do you like ripping on bad movies? MKII is great for that. The CGI is nightmarish, even for the time.

desu anything would be better than the superhuman stronk womyn shit they've pumped out for countless sequels

only good thing to come out of the RE movies is that part in the first one where the dude gets diced by lasers

the casting in this movie is ridiculously good

that movie is a lot more goofy and fun then people give it credit for, I mean yea it's bad but it's still a worth seeing

im going to kick dat sunufabitch bysons ass soHARD....

dat da next byson wannabe...

is gonna feel it

How can people not like a movie with scenes like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=iYW5rmQgGXE

>Besides, it makes no sense to say "I'm guilty, so to prove my innocence i'll beat you up"
That's ancient Germanic law though
And makes perfect sense for Kotal Khan as an honorabru meso-American fighter

MK9 had two tournaments in it.

MK9 was literally that.

that fucked me up for a while. my life was consumed by thinking of how I would escape the day I'm inevitably forced to go down a hallway with a laser grid.

kek this part got me good

Doesn't look that great in motion

>blazed as BLAZE

Always loved the Johnny Cage vs Scorpion fight when he fatalities his ass while leaving behind the 'To my biggest fan' signed photo.
Also gotta love that the game makers after seeing the movie Kano changed the game Kano into an Australian shit talker.

>not liking uncharted 4
Really user?

Reminder that Mortal Kombat had a live action TV series, that even had Kwancheeee.

youtube.com/watch?v=oxKO1fewIpE

youtube.com/watch?v=KsGkMSY_Fag

no fuck you
movie goro > all the cgi monsters in the last 10 years

I don't like it. Make it again!

That's because MK9 was 1-3 happening in an alternate universe. The moment it ended they dropped the tournament aspect (MKX).

I pretty much agree there. I enjoyed the first one a lot. The setting was nice and presented nicely. Pacing was okay plus the movie prefered fun over being serious (kung fu kicking dogs, laser traps and shit). Second one I could still enjoy but it became apparent it will go too far with the superpowered heroine thing.
Everything else I admit I went to see in the cinemas but didn't like.

Scorpion had a pretty nice gf.

totally underappreciated in that guilty pleasure sort of way

>this retard tried to kill me 5 times
>yea lets not kill her and be retarded instead!

>You are now imagining a modern film done by the crew behind pic-related

youtube.com/watch?v=V2piDs9HMn4

If I pulled that off, would he die?

Ello baby

Oh and I forgot to mention, the theme was fucking great.

youtube.com/watch?v=wZ4JoovKWCU

>those last 3 letters in the link

It was an LN originally, you fucking secondary

>bikini in snow
why do thing

At least we do have decent movie vidyas

The DOOM movie would have been GOTY kino if they had used the first peron view for the entire movie.

The few minutes where they used it were amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Eo2VTV3nLIo

Not saying he doesn't look great,I love practical effects.But you can see they had to take very specific shots during the fights.You'd just see people getting knocked down and had to fill in the blanks.

Crank 2: High Voltage and Hardcore Henry the best video game movies not based on a video game.

watch hardcore henry

The first thing I think of when I think of the movies' ost is this song
youtube.com/watch?v=JiDnB-CrrNs
Its pretty great.

She is standing beside Scorpion. Its probably like 40°C in a ten meter radius around him.

'ear
ta'ear

Thanks Vinnie

Isn't he not a demon yet?

?

Didja miss meh?

>that one masked guy got frozen and shattered

fucking what. Source?

>weaker vidya version of Toy Story

nah

>Played a bad ass rogue in dnd that was his inspiration for Riddick
>Buys his own game studio and makes his movie/dnd character a video game
How many people can say they had their dnd character in a movie or video game because I can only think of 2.

Not based on a video game.

That can't be real

Kingsglaive was fucking amazing though?

"All you need is Kill" sounds like a stupid parody of the Beatles song. What the fuck are you smoking?

I dont know why, but it only just now clicked for me that MK is a video game movie.

>Music is shit
>Doom theme isn't even playing

Is it based on the first one? 'Cause that's the only, I've finished so far, and I don't remember the parrot flick being a part of the story.

Vin Diesel is great.

Vin Diesel is a botty boy that gets pounded every night

What doom theme? e1m1 isn't a theme.

Literally the best piece of Sonic material ever made. The fact that he was a little lazy cunt who didn't want to do shit the whole movie was perfect.

https:fQO0KlgEhd8//www.youtube.com/watch?v=

>game with a handful of video game cameos to appeal to normies
>90% of the actual movie is Big Retard Befriends Eurasian Loli Gokart Driver
>"video game movie"

Fuck off.

You are just mad that you cant become a famous movie star in order to support your videogame/DnD habits.

Yep. In order of prominence in the film, it features the fourth, second, and first cases (third during the credits) of the first game. The parrot segment is from the fourth case.

>fucking announcer in the actual movie
>dat techno
Why was 90's techno so superior?

>Mortal Kombat movie
>Street Fighter movie
>Super Mario Bros. movie
Were all good.
The worst ones that come to mind are the Resident Evil movies and the second Mortal Kombat one.
If you count not live-action ones the Super Marios Bros. animated movie from Japan is fun too.

Fuck yeah it was

Might be the only Wubstep track I like in existence.

>fighting tournaments movies aren't a thing no more
I miss those days.
Probably watched Mortal Kombat and Bloodsports a thousand times.

I like it a lot actually but it's no where close to Rept's theme from the movie.

I really liked the first Silent Hill movie.
Too bad the sequel was one of the worse movies I've ever seen

It was mostly from europe and not mainland europe but northern coast europe.

>fourth case
Sheesh, that's right, I can see chunks of it through a mental fog (the elevator, the old man living in a chalet of some sorts). Much obliged, user.

>Bloodsport
youtube.com/watch?v=tTd7mtr81ww

It's not a movie, but i watched it and thought it was decent.
I didn't even know there was a game.

HOLY SHIT, if you get 100 coins you get a life sound effect too.

anyone who hasn't seen this really should treat themselves. Uwe Boll isn't such a bad guy in this one case

It's not offensively bad, but it still stands as the best movie in the RE film series. And that's kind of sad.

That said, the entire franchise is fucking hilarious. My friends and I used to watch them all the time, in theaters, for good laughs. But after around the 5th or 6th one, we just came out broken

I STUDIED ALL YO MOVES, SEWN YA

STUDY THIS HEEYAAAAAA

There's 2 iirc.

SF was so bad it was good. But it wasn't a legit good movie. MK is indeed like the only decent vidya game movie.

They should do a live ation series. Most people in the movie were great and it'd be better than the anime, that's for sure.
The Judge was too young though.

Nice.
Speaking of videogame adaptations, the Tekken movie was actually decent.

The anime was a terrible adaption, weab. This is even coming from a huge Trigun fanboy.

What is halo legends and Final fantasyxv kingslaive

Oddly enough, I just picked up that game for the PS2 in a game haul. It's worth an OK buck.

I said "decent", no need to get your panties in a bunch.

>the Tekken movie was actually decent.
That movie also starred Shang Tsung. Maybe that's why it was pretty decent.

Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

This was good until it turned into a music video.

I take it the anime isn't very good?
I'm curious to check it out but haven't been curious enough to actually do it yet I guess.

Yes it is, de facto if not de jure. e1m1 is the first song that comes into 99% of anyone's heads that knows the old doom when they think of its music.

It follows the game, but the thing is just watching it takes all literally the trill away from it. I couldn't exactly point at what the anime was missing but it just feels kinda empty.
youtube.com/watch?v=4dwFIyndnNs

This is in the Top 3 best game movies ever made list

>not Kazuya's Revenge

Fucking plebs:
youtube.com/watch?v=Zz9g-rinfvk

I looked that guy up after seeing him again in Dead Rising.

Of course he died of drug abuse. That's so ridiculously common for Hollywood actors it's not even funny anymore.

That makes sense. I might still check it out someday, but I can definitely see the stories being more exciting when you're in Phoenix's shoes rather than watching them unfold from the gallery.

This

youtube.com/watch?v=enLlxFGwaSc

>blighttown

Best entrance for baddies ever put on film

youtube.com/watch?v=etPqpacKbsc

>This was originally going to be more based on the actual games
>Ahnold was slated to play Bowser in full makeup
>The directors threw out the original script and shoehorned Mario elements into a completely unrelated script they've been shopping around

The movie is goofy fun as it is, but I wish I were in the reality where the Mario movie and the "time-traveling dinosaur clusterfuck" movie were two seperate things.

Actually legitimately good video game themed movies:

> Scott Pilgrim
> Wreck it Ralph
> War Games
> Warcraft (ONLY IF YOU ARE CHINESE)
> The Wizard

That might be it.

More importantly, IS ANYONE HERE FUCKING HYPE FOR THE "READY PLAYER ONE" MOVIE COMING 2017 OR WHENEVER?

Holy fucking shit I read the book before I heard it was becoming a movie and if they can do it properly, the movie is going to be fantastic.

>Warcraft (ONLY IF YOU ARE CHINESE)

Why did they like it so much?

I'm guessing goldfarmers. Maybe they were, I don't fucking know, goldfarming a movie experience for profit or something. It's a goddamn conspiracy if I've ever seen one.

WOOOOOOOOOOAHHHH YOUR LIFE IS A MYSTERY

WARRIOR WITH A MASK

SUB ZEROOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH

>ready player 1

>War Games
I played the shit out of WarGames: Defcon 1 with my dad as a kid. Never understood what it had in common with the movie.

I think I figured it out.

The entire country is used to cheap/bootleg ripoffs of cultural entertainment stolen from other countries.

The World of Warcraft movie is bad enough that to them, it feels like the kind of thing they would make.

It's not though.

(The Siren and Parasite Eve movies are good too, though PE was a book adaptation made before the game so technically it doesn't count.)

Because Asia has the absolute shittiest taste in movies.
>Baby's Day Out was tremendously popular in South Asia, including India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. In India the movie was played at the largest theater in Calcutta for over a year. Recalling a trip to Calcutta, Roger Ebert says, "I asked if "Star Wars" had been their most successful American film. No, I was told, it was "Baby's Day Out"..."[8] It was remade twice, first in Telugu in 1995 under the title Sisindri and then in Malayalam in 1999 under the title James Bond. It was dubbed in Tamil with the title Chutti Kuzhanthai meaning Naughty baby. It was also dubbed in Bengali and played at theaters in Bangladesh. It was also dubbed in Punjabi as a funny comedy in Pakistan.

>liking 80's nostalgia pandering garbage

The 90s were a magical time.

>Baby's Day Out
>Bad

>It was remade twice, first in Telugu in 1995 under the title Sisindri and then in Malayalam in 1999 under the title James Bond.
>James Bond

They don't actually watch movies to enjoy the movies. They just like loud noises and visual clusterfucks where they can take a phonecall for 20 minutes in the middle of the movie theatre and not miss a thing.

> and then in Malayalam in 1999 under the title James Bond

This is incredible.

I remember watching that once on tv, wasn't that movie about a guy who stole all the fighting skills of all the best fighters in the world by looking at them some super high tech sunglasses?

>It was remade [...] under the title James Bond

I loved the Fatal Frame movie!
Still need to watch Siren and Parasite Eve, though.

Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god? You still refuse to accept my godhood? Keep your own God! In fact, this might be a good time to pray to Him! For I beheld Satan as he fell from heaven...LIKE LIGHTNING!!!

I could've sworn Guile did a Sonic Boom in the movie when he first fought Bison....didn't he?

Right when he showed his tattoo.

I want that motherfucker's jacket. I wonder if he kept it all these years.

I think RE: Degeneration was alright, it used RE4 graphics and voice actors though, which probably explains why I like it.

This scene was great, especially with all the ass.

You could just see the death on his face. Fuck even to this day it gets me. Addam's Family was my shit.

GO AWAY Cred Forumseddit
GO AWAY Cred Forumseddit
GO AWAY Cred Forumseddit

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR META SHITPOSTING

FUCKING RETARDS WHO HAVE YET TO NEVE RHAVE THIS DICUSSION
BACK TO REDDDIT

I always thought the reason for that was that directors and producers didn't take videogames seriously so they take way too much liberty with the source material and try to pander it to a bigger audience, rendering the final product as something that neither the audience or the videogame fanbase like.

>Turns out it's easier to make a good adaptation when there is pretty much no plot to adapt
To this day I'm convinced this is the truth and it still suprises me.
It seems easier to make a movie when you're adapting from something, but something that has barely anything in there, than to make a movie from scratch or adapt an already full story.

no actually it was shit
every fucking japanese live action adaption of a game or anime is fucking shit no exception, even more so than american ones

I can't fucking stay awake through the first movie.
I love the one with Wesker though and i remember liking the rest, at least the one with Nemesis.

> Liking video game movies
where the fuck do you think we are?

Based Raul Julia

youtube.com/watch?v=PBc7yQXrP9c

I unironically enjoy them as action movies on an alternate universe with the same characters. President Wesker made up for the shit that was the 3rd movie.

Also, the first Hitman movie was ok-decent, though that romance was out of place.

> See Rachet and Clank trailer
> "Oh wow, the movie looks great! I'm glad they're actually making a movie for th--oh, Captain Quark is in this too, huh? Okay, I guess it might still be good..."
> Movie comes out, reviewers slam it

WHY does Quark keep ruining this franchise I actually care deeply for? Just give me fun guns, decent humor, and interesting worlds to explore. WHY DOES QUARK KEEP FUCKING EVERYTHING UP FOR EVERY SINGLE GAME?

If you're going to have annoying characters on purpose, at least make them disposable and varied. I mean christ, Insomniac, why does this fucking guy keep getting into the games?

I remember those movies. Pissed me off that the parents keep pushing onto their kids that gadgets and nifty devices aren't everything for a spy. And it never once sinks in, they just keep using gadgets. That was how it felt anyways, first movie was surprisingly good.

Agreed. People have such nostalgia goggles for this shit movie.
It starts out super promising with Sonya, Jax and Kano, but then they introduce fucking Christopher Lambert and it's down hill from there.
Who thought this reptile was okay?

>(third during the credits)

It was actually during Edgeworth's intro, the credits is 2-4.

>Bison, you're off the air!

I REALLY want to rewatch these. It's been so long and I wonder if they hold up as 'so bad it's good' movies.

>fatalities his ass while leaving behind the 'To my biggest fan' signed photo.

i used to think that photo actually belonged to scorpion and he just had it hidden in his pocket somewhere

I unsarcastically like MK2 movie

>>that one masked guy got frozen and shattered
I wish they'd made him an actual character. I remember being a kid imitating him when I'd get out the shower.

youtube.com/watch?v=8IBiL1wPSpE

The first Resident Evil movie was actually pretty good, even though it took liberally from the source material.

>Ready Player One
>good

It's fucking Wishfullfilment: 80's nerd edition. The only part that was genuinely suprising was the MC's best friend turning out to be a black lesbian.

Fuck you, the kenshin movies are pretty damn good.

God there's so many SF videos
youtube.com/watch?v=KG2gdyuBrkI

Hardcore henry and this scene are far different.
HH didnt even try to hide its fucking awful cuts that happened every 10 seconds.
Doom made it feel fluid and fun even if the fov was a little fucked and too close.

You little lazy cunt, your link didn't even finish. Strange, isn't it?

The best "vidya" movie there is.
Silent Hill would be my favourite "real" vidya movie.

that was dope as shit in 1995

cgi just ages poorly

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lVoEhO8stu0

>DOA
mah nigga
youtube.com/watch?v=0TL55JO1NAQ

If you removed every single human scene and just focused on the orcs it would've been great. But no we got flat acting and super shiny cosplay armor men. But godamn was guldan awesome in it.

I love how he takes his time to reload only when he sees something about to kill him
This has not aged well. Looks like a carnival haunted house

Why make him CGI at all though?
Why make a timeless movie when we can use gimmicks!

too bad the Mortal Kombat movie was made in an age where EVERYTHING had to be CGI even tho' it wasn't nearly capable of pulling it off

every single effect in that movie could have been done in a traditional way and it would still probably still look great today in HD

late 90's / early '00s CGI effects where a mistake

Well at least now they know that WarCraft's comic aesthetics don't translate into live action without everything looking like cheap plastic.

I mean they didn't even try to make to orcs look like WarCraft orcs, so why try with the rest?

I saw it in theaters too.

I remember being weirded out. Dad and I went to see it super late.

Years later he'd tell me, while laughing, how he thought it was the worst fucking thing he'd seen at the time but was happy as fuck that I enjoyed myself so much

I remember liking Fire when I was a kid, but now sounds like a gay nightclub song.

The song in this scene was produced by Traci Lords. Think she might have won a minor award for it too, not sure though.

>Traci Lords
She also was underage when she did porno flicks.

Goro was an animatronic.

Oh, you're right. They did cases from the second game during the credits, didn't they? I don't know why I got that mixed up.

This moment is the reason why I never like Reptile when he turned into a raptor and stop using the human mask in the later MK games.

youtu.be/vVi2klX_feE

>The Gutter

>ctrl F
>no Advent children
>no Silent Hill (the first one)
>no Hitman (it wasnt great but its passable)
>no Persona

??

the closest thing was Scorpion's Lair from MKT/UMK3.

If this was made today it would just be full CGI that looks fake as hell.

i wonder how this would of turned out if tomm was involved

>Advent Children
Shit
>Silent Hill
It was brought up at least twice, learn to read
>Hitman
Shit
>Persona
First movie was good, second was meh, and didn't bother for the last 2

>hitman was passable
no, friend

dont mind me just destroying every fight scene in movies for you

youtube.com/watch?v=SbI_04n3lLU

Shang Tsung is the coolest in this film.

>You're in the club and this guy smacks your soul. What do you do?

Why would this ruin anything for me? This looks dreadful.

He punches and they spit blood and teeth
They punch and he just turns his head

At that point I'm already dead so nothing

I see what you mean
He staggers them with each hit and their hits don't even phase him
Feels like a Bond film

This was actually pretty great. The only complaint I had was that the whole sub-plot with the father really took away from the sense of isolation that Silent Hill is known for. The barbed wire tentacle rape murder was brutal. I also love the scene with PH ripping that chick's skin off in one go.

"All you need is Kill" is a play on words with the name of the MC, Kiriya which sounds like Kill(ya), since they changed the name of the MC in the movies it wasn't working anymore.

That's not techno you fucker.

Two surprisingly decent vidya movies:
1. Postal
2. Dead Rising: Watchtower
I expected them to be shit but both were 6/10

That looks retarded as fuck.

Why do people keep forgetting this exists, they nailed the classic tomb raider feel.

>Advent Children
>in any way, shape, or form a good movie
No, user

> but then they introduce fucking Christopher Lambert and it's down hill from there

Are you seriously complaining about Christopher Fuckin Lambert, the Highlander himself, being in this movie, when he should be in every movie?????

i love as soon as the skin comes off cybil just turns around and runs

I AM THE STAR

THEREFORE MY CHARACTER IS THE STRONGEST

Literally ever film.

>mfw reading how badly the stunts have gone for these movies

Damn she had a nice body back then.

Who is the other?

Good old fashioned stunt acting is sadly not as dangerous as it used to be.
I mean, that's a good thing, sure, but then it also means we don't get to see actual pain on actor's faces. Method acting like that is intense and enjoyable to a degree.

This was when she was at her peak

What the hell happened?

Hollywood happened

dont mind me just destroying every fake scene in all the movies for you

youtube.com/watch?v=Ch-KgvkUvSw

>throwing a suck it that turns into an ever expanding ice dome

That shit was cash as fuck

damn

some nice 90s booty

Did the actor himself make this cut?

They cut out a fuckton of scenes because the orcs were too analogous to the Syrian situation.

Crank 2 was just fucking balls to the wall crazy

choreography is weaksause

and there are better actual fighters

why dose this ruin anything again?

I saw this for the first time a few weeks ago. It's dumb as fuck but really fun. I wouldn't even call it "so bad it's good," it's just a stupidly fun b-movie

did bug the shit out of me how mario wears green and luigi wears red for the entire first half though.

The cartoon sound effects really ruin it.

What was in the cooler?

That ain't shit,son

youtube.com/watch?v=WEt4B1poOfM

Never thought i'd see Jason Sthatam in such a film.

Which reminds me, Death Race is the closest thing to a Twisted Metal movie we'll ever get.

youtube.com/watch?v=8RUUETWIlfY

wait, I've only ever seen crank 1, is this shit really in the movie? That statham mask chin is hilarious

Yeah I was gonna say this too.
While Mortal Kombat is definitely my favorite. This was a half decent big blockbuster budget vidya movie that went on to have a big budget sequel as well.

I think people forget about it because it was actually too mainstream. There a lot of normie people who know "Tomb Raider" or "Lara Croft" because of these movies alone.

He started his acting career in Guy Ritchie films, this is exactly the sort of stuff that he's good at.

>death race

oh yeah that is a good twisted metal movie, just work Calypso in as the reward and get even crazier with the other racers and include sweet tooth and it's perfect

>knee obviously broken
>minor limbing
>guy who broke it ends up with actually broken leg

Post the Donald Cerrone Mortal Kombat combo.
t. /heem/

nice faggy dubstep suckfest montage

What the fuck were they supposed to do? Put a komodo dragon in a ninja suit?

The best one was already made in the 60`s

What really makes me wanna forget about them is how they plagued art for a good few years after.

Seeing the Bicycle Kick on screen was like christmas

Aside from everything else he does, the way Wonderboy throws his punches is just so unique and satisfying. Like so much confidence and rhythm behind them.

>nobody posted a scene from The Raid or one of the Ip Man movies yet

Come on guys, you can do better than that. I can't really pick one.

>what is Silent Hill ?

The chinamen Ip man or the american?

Its Jason Statham heart

The music was incredible

>he plays a Mexican gang lord in a 90's movie

The main issue was that they made Qwark the focal point of the movie and reboot game when it should've been strictly about the relationship between Rachet and Clank. Instead we get a fallen hero/redemption story for a guy who was on;y good at being a minor character. The movie was so far up Qwark's sorry ass you could see his goddamn teeth. They forced this angel where we had to feel bad for him and cheer for him when he comes around in the end. Its like it was written by the dumb bastard himself.

>not Postal

There's an american one? I thought Mike Tyson being a character was as american as it got.

youtube.com/watch?v=a3kOfephk_c
It bothers me that he didnt shave his armpits.

That's not a video game movie.

And it's not good either.

What the fuck is this

when skrillex made good music

I legitimately laughed the first time I saw this scene. Granted, I was a kid at the time, but I still think it's pretty clever.

Crank 2, electric boogaloo.

That fight was okay. Although it kinda felt like they didn't use Robin Shou's (the guy who played Liu Kang) abilities to his full potential. Guy's actually a beast when it comes to fightning, as seen in Tiger Cage 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=DSFrQbE8-cs

(that fucking flying kick at 0:32)

Yeah there's like two or three with Donnie yen being that chinese fellah and then there was an american version more in the vein of crouching dragon.

>Damn she had a nice body back then.

Only because they forced her to put on weight and get into shape for the film. She was "normally" a stick back then too.

>there's like two or three with Donnie yen being that chinese fella

Three, actually, which are the ones i watched.

Didn't know there was an american one, how is it?

To be fair he did most of the fight with his fucking ribs broke.

>Best Soundtrack
>Best fights
>Best job adapting characters to a film, to the point where they changed stuff in the games because the film versions were better
>Really good costumes
>Jim Henson on puppets

It's really hard to argue against MK. Street Fighter was fun, too, but in the goofy way. There have been a couple other decent vidya movies, but none of them manage to both be good enough and embody their sources well enough to stand up to this one. At least as far as live-action western movies go.

So, what's going to happen with the Monster Hunter movie, I wonder? At the very least, we better get the fucking theme song.

Hitman was shit.

Hitman: Agent 47 was even worse.

Anderson: “I remember Linden Ashby as well. He was eating Advil like they were M&M’S. We just kicked the hell out of him during that fight. I remember him coming off set going, “I’ve never been in so much pain in my life.” And I’m like “How many ribs have you broken? Robin’s broken three!”

Shou: “For the Johnny and Scorpion fight, the difficult part was to convince Linden that he could do everything. He’s an actor. He said, “Give me as stunt double!” and I go, “Linden, you can totally do this. The more you do, the more realistic and the more believable the scene is.” He bought it. “Yes, you’re getting beat up. You’re bruised, but at the end you are going to look fantastic.”

Ashby: ” I was fighting with Chris Casamassa [Scorpion], who funnily enough was my teacher. Chris did an axe kick to my kidneys in that fight. I had a pad on but his heel just came right between the pads and got me in the kidney, hard. I was peeing blood. It hurt a lot.

lmao. I did not expect Donnie Yen to show up at the end, throwing fucking molotov coctails everywhere.

>Monster Hunter movie
It will be handed over to different writers and directors for a few years before the studio forgets it even had the rights and just places it into the same trash bin filled with all the vidya movies.

I must have missed the third ip man, I only know of the first two with I think japan and then the aussie boxer. American one was played up to be this big nice movie but was typical kung fu movie american made. Which is a little odd because, iirc, Scorsese directed or produced it.

I legitimately enjoyed this.

Like, it's not a great movie, but when you're adapting a fighting game (which usually have flimsy, paper-thin stories anyway and are usually goofy as hell). you gotta work with what you're given.

They took the absolutely absurdity of the DoA games and managed to match it pretty well. Plus, Kevin Nash as Bass was fucking inspired casting.

What are you talking about? Hitman 47 perfectly nailed everything that made a good Hitman game.
I actually haven't seen it. Is it actually that horrible? Is it at least so good that it's bad or is it just fucking horrible?

umm.... OP pic not related?

Yeah, probably.

The only way I could see it actually be good is if they get someone known for making cool creatures in film, while still being able to direct good action scenes.

He also was a dancer for weird-ass music videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=MIt0VY7Yg2w still makes me laugh

If there's one thing I absolutely loathe about the new one is how short 47 is. Outside of Olephant's eyebrows and his face being a little too young, he was a good hitman physically.

It also wouldn't work because we aren't japanese you moron

The also shove Nefarious in our face way too much. He was good in R&C 3, but they couldn't leave it be.

yup, I really liked it too. It really makes me sad that it was in the flop 3 movies of that year in Germany.
okay, I didn't watch it in the cinema either, but it still hurts knowing to live in a country with such shit taste.

MH would be better as a tv series rather than a movie. That way, it'd have time to explore more than a handful of monsters, and even have a decent story put into it, rather than the obvious cliche of "big monster bad, hunter, go kill it" the movie will likely be.
The tv show could even be a fake documentary like a Nat Geo show, all about the behavior and such of the monsters, while the narrator goes into details about the monsters' abilities, mating habits, weakness, etc.
Or, have the story be all about a rookie hunter slowly learning his place in the world and becoming a better hunter steadily. Maybe follow the 4U story of the caravan and then later, Dundorma.

It's just bad.

The plot is mostly drawn from the abomination that was Absolution.

It's actually fucking boring. Action scenes are sparse and not exciting, and the movie spends more time on some literally who female character than 47 himself. It fails on most levels that a film can, at least the Olyphant one was a functional movie.

I never knew there was a Far Cry movie. Has anyone seen it?

>Uwe Boll

lol

>I'm Kino

patrician movie confirmed

Its not really Far Cry desu but its not an awful film

Yeah. It's terrible as fuck and the main hero has a very distracting german accent like Arnie, minus his charisma.

>Uwe Boll

Well, to his credit, at least we got to see Bloodrayne get fucked in not one, but two movies thanks to him. Literally and figuratively.

Even by Uwe Boll standards it's not good. No "so bad it's good" entertainment to be found there, it's just dull.

That movie was a goddamn abomination

>talking shit about Til Schweiger

>IM KINO!

Arnold is Austrian

>he hasn't seen the Resident Evil stage play
I still can't believe it actually exists.

Yeah, there's a third with Mike Tyson as the antagonist. It's pretty good, but i think the first two are better.

youtube.com/watch?v=3OOCbg-1vuY

>it's just dull.

Do you want to know dull? Watch the In The Name of the King trilogy. Longest 4 hours of your fucking life.

But Austrians speak German.

>that image source

Why

I don't hate the guy. I just found his super strong accent to be a bit distracting. Otherwise, I only know him from Inglourious Basterds (where I enjoyed his character a lot).

Does he like have any other good movies worthy of recommendation or something?

That's a 10/10 movie. So over the top.

Robin Shou best fight director. He never should've quit.

Raiden truly has led us through the darkest timeline.

Actually, watch this, it doesn't have that added music.

youtube.com/watch?v=NXpN1MnAVss

I remember watching it with a friend who didn't know about Far Cry the vidyaa. I remember it being awful just like every Uwe Boll movie, and they replaced the Trigens with Smurf super soldiers. The whole movie was fucking stupid. Uwe Boll's adapation of Dungeon Siege was awful too. I didn't even realize I was watching a movie based on Dungeon Siege until some LOTR battle scene and I kept hearing that Krug noise sampled.

Fucking Jason Statham was was in the Dungeon Siege movie wasn't he? With a fucking boomerang.

Probably, he's been in a lot of stuff. Guy is almost like Nic Cage taking most any role.

>High on ACID

I would LOVE for a fake documentary series about Monster Hunter monsters. Basically turn the ecology videos into half hour minis.

At least hes not in debt like Nic Cage desu.

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Maybe if Nic Cage wasn't a crazy person who bought pyramids he wouldn't be in debt.

This is true

1st one was ok.
2nd MAKES ME FUKCING RAGE FUCK THAT FUCKING SHIT CUNT NIGGER HOPE THEY ALL DIE IN A FIRE FUCK FUCK FUCK AAAAAAAA

>Explain this
The Mortal Kombat game was just Enter the Dragon with blood and ninjas.
So all they had to do was remake Enter the Dragon and get the costumes and SFX right. Whatever the difficulties in getting it off the ground, it had a huge advantage in that.

Some things about the MK movie are shit though. Kitana's scenes are all terrible and CG Reptile looks ghastly.

But overall yeah, it was a good movie that showed you could faithfully adapt a vidyagaem to the screen without having it be a maximum-overcringe shlockfest like Mario Bros or Street Fighter.
A lot is also owed to Robin Shou choreography work. Wish the guy had gotten more parts.

>tfw I'm the only person that likes the first Dead Rising movie

It actually got the spirit of the games very well, it can do serious and goofy fun, there's a 3 day timer, psychos, OJ, retarded survivors, Frank West is surprisingly not shit. It's not a great movie, it's more like a modern b-movie, and that's the best for DR, really.
Sequel fucking sucked tho.

Still sad that there will never be a 24 styled Dead Rising tv series based on the first game

>Today, we shall detail the creatures in the jaggi family, starting with the basic small variety. The jaggis are mostly pack hunters, with a diet consisting mostly of smaller monsters, and sometimes they go after larger herbivores, such as the docile aptonoth, but only when in larger groups. Usuallly timid when humans/wyverians are around. They typically only attack people when provoked, but they are known to go after people whenever their territory is encroached upon.

Killian still works with it and is a western name.

I like Watchtower too

I didn't even know they made a Dead Rising movie
>Rob Riggle plays Frank West
Definitely going to check it out now.

Ready Player One was pretty trashy desu
It just turned into "Hey dude remember OLD VIDEO GAME" without any real context or meaning. Next to no touching upon mechanics or input of said video game, nothing on the old technology itself.

>under the title James Bond
what the fuck
What the fuck is Malayalam anyways, I don't think I've ever seen that on a map.