"Serge, Serge.. wake up Serge!"

"Serge, Serge.. wake up Serge!"

Try and tell me a third Chrono game wouldn't be awesome.

you won't get anything but irrational hate from chrono nigger fans here, OP

>Try and tell me a third Chrono game wouldn't be awesome.
If it was made by a different team, it would be.

If Yuji Horii and Masato Kato team up again, it should be good.

when you say "Chrono nigger", I'm guessing you mean people that played through Chrono Trigger and never played Cross, right?

spoiler alert: Lucca ruined everything

Didn't you understand the ending of Cross? The next Chrono game is you getting a girlfriend IRL.

It's a good game, just not a good Chrono Trigger game

I honestly think they should just remake Chrono Cross. Let Masato Kato do the other half the story he didn't get to do as well as developing the characters. Then, if its successful (as it undoubtedly will be), make a third Chrono game.

Why is she so perfect?

>I honestly think they should just remake Chrono Cross
This so much

That ending was alright until I saw Utena.

But she's not even the best girl.

Yes she is

But she's not even a girl.

You forget that SquareEnix considered the port of Chrono Trigger on DS to be a failure, despite selling 1 million copies. Imagine how much of a failure they'd think Chrono Cross would be if it was a full remake.

Nevermind that Final Fantasy IV on DS barely broke a million. But its Final Fantasy so they overlook it.

What else could she possibly be?

A fuggen dragon man

A Du ra go n

I love this meme

Anyway, she's still the best

WHERE MY ORLHA NIGGAS AT

Sorry nigger, this is a Harle thread

Orlha can have second place, though

Leena worst girl

Team GlennOrlha reportin'

A third chrono game in post 2005? doubt it

Marcy is worstest girl

Chrono Trigger - A Group of friends kill Lavos and save the world. Game focuses on time travel.

Chrono Cross - A group of friends (and a ton of others) team up and defeat the misguided clone and a sentient AI from Chrono Cross. Game focuses on dimensions.

Chrono Break - A team of friends team up and travel through time and space to different worlds. Eventually winding up on the origin planet for Lavos. There they destroy Lavos before he can begin his journey, thus reversing the events on Chrono Trigger and Cross.

Chrono 4 - You have to fix all the time holes that Chrono Break created by allowing Lavos to reach Earth and the events to take place as they originally did. But you finally end up saving Schala at the end and stop the cycle.

Sounds terrible

>(as it undoubtedly will be)
what?

Why would you possibly think that?
Remakes scream disappointment these days. No doubt the fans would rage just like they will with FF VII

>made by modern Squenix
>no one who worked on previous game is on the team
>designed for the Skyrim generation
Let it go, man.

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross were both emblematic of the generation of RPGs they sprang from, bringing all of their best qualities and a few of their worst ones as well. Given that nature, my fear for a third entry would be that the game would be a sloppily concocted grindfest with moe blobs, badly constructed advancement, and a nonsensical storyline that extolls the virtues of hope, friendship, and other Bill and Ted maxims while mostly being about slaughtering wildlife and military personnel.

Chrono as a series gained more hype after they came out than before. Hence why straight ports of Chrono Trigger were able to sell almost as well as the original SNES game.

Chrono Cross on PS1 sold about 1.5 million copies. A remake would probably equal or surpass that number based on its hype.

>Remakes scream disappointment these days.
Remakes have been disappointing since the NES days for the most part. But there are a few examples. One of those being the Dragon Quest remakes. If ArtePiazza and Armor Project (and Masato Kato) teamed up to make a Chrono Cross remake, I'd say it has a pretty good chance of being done right. But if someone like the team that did the extra content for Chrono Trigger, Matrix or the Setsuna team did it, probably not.

They just don't have to be retards about it which is too much to ask and don't change the gameplay so drastically. The main reason FF VII got this responce was because of them ditching turn-based system in favor of flashy combat.

To be fair, Final Fantasy VII would have gotten hate from the fans even if it was 100% true to the original game. Simply because they changed the way the characters look. These are the fans who think the blocky, ugly characters somehow make the game more deep. So simply making Tifa's tits smaller would cause them to flip their shit.

But it hardly matters since they'll all be buying the game anyway. They'll complain up to high heaven, but they'll still buy the game and all DLC just because its Final Fantasy VII. And SquareEnix realizes this.

>don't change the gameplay so drastically.
Chrono Cross has one of the worst battle systems I have ever experienced in a JRPG

Then you didn't play enough JRPG's. I found it being pretty fun.

That's pretty sad. It was better than any of the PS1 Final Fantasy games. Its basically Final Fantasy VIII with an actual use for magic and customization.

What's your member's condition?

semen demon

>1 million copies
>for something you just need to change some technical parts as the main resources from gameplay mechanics to art and music is already there, ready

I found it really satisfying

Yes, Chrono Trigger on DS made them tons of money. But SquareEnix hated money. They only care about image. And since Chrono Trigger DS didn't sell as well as Final Fantasy XIII on PS3, its useless to them.