What does Cred Forums think of Sam "Serious" Stone?

What does Cred Forums think of Sam "Serious" Stone?

Hell, I'd go so far as to say that, not counting 3, this is easily the greatest FPS series of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/johnjdick/sam-rant
soundcloud.com/johnjdick/serious-sam-phone-sex-hotline
youtube.com/watch?v=LTmhtN8jESM
youtube.com/watch?v=eKq_wH1B0pc
youtube.com/watch?v=N5bZrsZ-dwU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's because it is and all of the games are great.

Yes even Serious Sam 2, just enjoy it for what it is.

Anyone that disagrees is playing the contrarian fag meme.

Where are the other 15 players

But BFE while, having an iffy start is still very good and has amazing DLC.

>not counting 3
2 is fucking garbage and if you think otherwise, you're a fucking retard who doesn't know how to FPS.

>Weapon balance was thrown out the window, explosives are almost useless, shotguns are extremely OP
>You don't even get all the weapons at once until final episode
>Enemy balance was thrown out the window, way too many redundant ones, suicide clowns essentially replacing kamikazes are a textbook example how not to do a suicide bomber enemy, too much health and fuckall sound cues
>Encounter design is too repetitive, there are few times when you're fighting more than two enemy types in arenas and they drag on for way too long with too many samey spawn waves. Stationary enemies are spawned like three times each too. I blame HEXbox memory capacity
>Levels are extremely small and cramped
>Homing fucking projectiles
>Bosses are even worse than ones previous games had
>"""Humor"""

>Grafics are good, though, and they still hold up. I actually think the art style is okay too

Now 3 reuses a whole bunch of assets from Croteam's dead CoD clone and it's not very nice, first levels are also boring as hell and museum level is outright garbage but the core gameplay is absolutely fine. Some additions were definitely for the worse like witchbrides, some were actually good like scrapjacks and reworked arachnoids. Sure, it has flaws but it's not fundamentally broken like 2. You cannot unfuck 2's gameplay without redesigning almost every single encounter from scratch because its terrible design decisions make a snowball effect.

>3 reuses a whole bunch of assets from Croteam's dead CoD clone

It reuses barely anything.
Most was done for BFE exclusively outside of stuff like a destroyed tower and the helicopter.

soundcloud.com/johnjdick/sam-rant

Fun as fuck games, slow as shit developers.

Is there a mod or console command that keeps corpses from vanishing?

>100% Uncut
Oh Germany.

I didn't use any of those, the corpses just stayed there for a while somehow

Croteam are actually fast as fuck but horribly understaffed.
They create their games, support their old ones WAY past their prime, keep updating their engine AND do outside stuff like supporting other indie teams, hold presentations at universities and shit like that.

HOLY SHIT FUKKEN SAVED

HOLY SHIT YES

Serious Sam 3 is really fun in multiplayer, just stupid fun, great mini gun gaming.

It gets even better

soundcloud.com/johnjdick/serious-sam-phone-sex-hotline

Options > performance > cpu speed > customize

Let's hope SS4 is good

SS4 will be not coming out, ever,

I hope it's shit

>mfw playing that shit on hard
Serious is actually less challenging give the absurd amount of ammo the game throws at you. SS3 did it way better.

youtube.com/watch?v=LTmhtN8jESM

Will you guys get Bogus Detour when it comes out?

I too, await ss4's arrival

Give me a key and maybe I'll bug my friends into buying it.

>You're fucking dead, kiddo!

I hope that wasn't John J Dick because the delivery on that line was fucking awful.

Probably was, you realize that those slavs barely have any rubles to work with right?

This is fucking glorious

>See ya later, Duke!
>Duke
>not Blondie

I don't understand this pessimism it will be 5 years this november since SS3 and there has been Talos principle in the middle, it seems like a reasonable time if it comes out next year.

>not counting 3
but 3 was great, 2 is the shit one

That's what they said about Half-Life 3.

That's his normal voice.
The guy who develops the game probably hasn't distorted that sample for the clip.

This is seriously amazing thanks for the laughs

youtube.com/watch?v=eKq_wH1B0pc

Everything in this video is 100% fact

>Hell, I'd go so far as to say that, not counting 3,
What's wrong with SS3?

So is everything in this:
youtube.com/watch?v=N5bZrsZ-dwU

1/3 of the levels in game are shit, which doesn't mean that 1/3 of the game is shit since those last barely 20 minutes and the later ones about 1 hour each. But still.
And also it has a weird pacing, some battles have no challenge and seem like they're just a time sink.
>Reloading weapons
>Those fucking space monkeys

It's pretty good though.

>Reloading weapons
There's literally nothing wrong with reloading small weapons.
>Those fucking space monkeys
They're annoying until you realize they're countered by Mutilator.

>not counting 3

Why, are you a faggot?

Serious Sam 1 (both episodes) and 3 are the only good ones.

Space Monkey's are fun to fight. They're annoying, but it's actually fun to have to fight an enemy that you literally have to hunt down and uses guerilla tactics against you.

There's nothing wrong with realoading the AR because it differentiates it from the minigun alongside the different ammo pool and the zoom, unlike the tommy gun. But holy shit why would you make me reload the pistol and the fucking single shotgun. On devastator is passable because it would be OP as fuck I guess.

Entire series is on my play at least once a year list.

Ain't nobody got shit on sam.

>Doomguy
>Counting Final Doom but not 64

>not counting 3

why
the first few levels were kind of shitty (indoor corridor gameplay doesnt fit in SS at all) but the rest was really good

This is just too good

if I'm a big fan of painkiller will I enjoy this?

Sam is not for those with garbage taste

You'll enjoy Extreme Paintbrawl if you're a big fan of Painkiller.

REMINDER!!

SERIOUS SAM HD: THE SECOND ENCOUNTER IS ****FREE2PLAY****

YOU HAVE ACCESS TO ALL VERSUS MODES AND SURVIVAL WITHOUT PAYING A CENT

THE ONLY THING THAT COSTS MONEY IS THE ACTUAL CAMPAIGN ITSELF

THAT BEING SAID, WHERE'S THE FUCKING SERVER

WHY AREN'T WE PLAYING DEATHMATCH AND SURVIVAL RIGHT NOW

thanks, will stick to painkiller c:

>serious sam multiplayer
>good

everyone running around with a high rof, nospread norecoil hitscan minigun sure is fun

Don't be fooled by shitposters. Devolver throws that shit at you at any sale.

DUDE
WHAT IF WE MAKE SAVE FILES UNPLAYABLE AFTER EVERY UPDATE LMAO

>mfw playing The Guardian of Time on serious difficulty

Author here, I wanted to include Doom 64 but I couldn't find the killcount for each level.

Also this is the updated version because there were some differences between regular and HD TFE and TSE

On the highest difficulty (Mental? I forget) enemies are invisible. I swear guardian of time exists solely to destroy keyboards and mice.

It's one of my favorite game series ever.

It's a shame that most FPS games take themselves so seriously nowadays and Serious Sam is a welcome change. Yeah 3 did take itself a bit more seriously than I would like, but it's still incredibly goofy compared to everything else on the market.

I just hope they don't go with ultra realism again in SS4. I miss my floating weapons and bright, colorful armors.

Also when the fuck is Bogus Detour coming out, that looks promising

Holy fuck

They made Sam real fucking ugly in 3

If you're talking about the weird model, yeah it's pretty bad but to me that only adds to the low-budget charm of the game.

jokes on (You)

So is Serious Sam 2 that bad? I own the HD versions of The First/Second Encounter and 3 but haven't got around to them yet.

>playing the steam workshop Enhanced Edition of SS3
>didn't read the instructions that say the game is balanced around normal
>play on serious instead

absolute fucking insanity

>TNE HD never

I replayed it this summer and found it to be pretty fun.

It's different from TFE/TSE/BFE but still enjoyable.

It also has the best shotguns of the whole series, and a surprisingly good soundtrack

Serious Sam is one of those games that tends to punish Cred Forums's attitude of hard or gtfo.

the community mods are fucking crazy hard, like use-up-all-your-ammo-every-encounter hard

It's above-average, but full of dumb shit like enemies' health not being multiples of 5, and a bunch of enemies being able to just barely survive rockets/sniper rounds, forcing you to either switch weapons to finish them off or waste ammo.

>soundcloud.com/johnjdick/sam-rant
EPIC NEW MEME

Cred Forums

WE DID IT!!

>playing shit developed by a degenerate brony

nah

>1995

How appropriate

>not counting 3
It was great, get fucked. I bet you couldn't make it past level 2, fagface.

>dolphin emulator

Eventually

After 80 hours in Revolution I am convinced that First Encounter is leaps and bounds better than Second Encounter.

>Revolution

Revolution has the ammo UI update I couldn't live without.

Whats with all the revolution hate, didnt it improve shit?