Objective GOTY list incoming

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612667311
steamcommunity.com/app/298180/discussions/0/558756255885029170/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>all this shit taste
kek

Judging by the amount of shit releases, it's been a pretty shit year what with the overgrowth of cinematic experiences, sequels, rehashes, casual shit, cancerous business practices, and general garbage.

Epic

nice buzzwords

>outdated list
>doesn't even have AM2R

Get with the times grandpa. That image is so last month.

>irrelevant game list
never before had i seen most of these games

>No Grim dawn
>No Darkest dungeon
>Doom right there with NMS and Firewatch
>FNAF world above average
Shit taste, delete this.

Hide ACfag threads
Ignore ACfag threads
Do not reply to ACfag

It's garbage.

A shallow remake with crude artwork and wafer-thin gameplay reskinned gameplay concepts and lack of replayability or depth

There's a lot I disagree about the list, but I don't get the hate against FNAF world. It's a genuinely nice little RPG based on FNAF. IT removes all the spoopy jumpscare garbage, it's immune to Let's Players because they don't like games without jumpscares, and overall it avoids alot of trash you saw in the previous FNAFs.

>No Grim dawn
I checked it out. a 4/10 at best

>No Darkest dungeon
See above

>Doom right there with NMS and Firewatch
They're listed accordingly where they belong.

>FNAF world above average
see rightmost criteria

>all those buzzwords

Nah. The artwork is solid, the gameplay is fleshed out, several new concepts are introduced, and replayability comes from the fact that it doesn't shove a large story in your face, so you're never burdened with excessive cinematics.

Nice shit taste

>This shit taste

Fuck off retard
I seriously start to think you're a Blue Rider shill. Your previous year was at least somewhat decent, but this is just full of memes

>and replayability comes from the fact that it doesn't shove a large story in your face
Scoring, you tard. There is no scoring method in AM2R. Neither is their option for customization or freedom. There is a beginning and an end. Below average but certainly not of worth.

Dogos is also an interesting release, but I haven't spent enough time with it to determine its ranking. Though, without a doubt, I can say without a doubt it's better than the new Doom or Uncharted.

genuinely one of the worst lists I've ever seen, holy shit

>Grim dawn
>I checked it out. a 4/10 at best

DUDE GUNS LMAO

Reminder to sage and hide all ACfag threads.

>there is no scoring method

There's no scoring in Super Metroid either. Are you saying that's a bad game?

>all those literally whos in great and good tier
>Five Memes at Furries on the list at all
Nigga, you aren't even trying top make this bait believable.

Yeah, earlier in the year. Mediocre overall.

Fucking shit the mods never do their job right. How can they let this go unpruned?

>edgy 13 year old drivefag makes a list of games in which he perfers simple games to more complex games that aren't built for children

>piece of shit with corn in it
>remove the half-digested corn from the shit
>this corn is perfectly edible! I don't get the hate

I'm sorry. You are incorrect.

>it's a shit analogy AND a food analogy

Besides, that doesn't even describe the game at all.

Not a game worth my time.

Not enough guns for you, huh?

Congratulations, you are officially the biggest faggot on Cred Forums.

Here is your reward: some sage advice.

Half of these games aren't even out yet, you fucking mongoloid.

this is why everyone thinks Cred Forums hates video games

>take off points for the following:
>sex fanservice or general pandering

mmm real subtle bait there

>Videogame being discussed on a north korean digital two-dimensional visual representation of reality or otherwise board
>shove a food analogy in
>I've explained perfectly why I'm right!

VIDEOGAME SCORES ARE LOVE

VIDEOGAME SCORES ARE LIFE

It's fine to have your opinion. But don't imply that it matters.

*sigh I know, right? Where is the killing? Where's the buttonmashing? Where's the dodging of telegraphed attacks? Where's the scripted animations? Where's the cutsenes? :/

Well, at least you got SFV and Hitman in the right place.

Well, since you went through the effort to tell me that, i guess i'll just let you decide for me.

By concept alone, they're trash. But you'll enjoy eating it won't you?

Judging by your reaction image, you're probably in denial of the current state of Nintendo.

EBIN :DD

I thoroughly enjoyed Kirby, and Bravely Second.

Sometimes I eat fast food as well but it shouldn't be encouraged.

The list is shit since you just rate een games that arent out yet.

You need to get out of walmart and experience something new.

There's nothing offensively wrong with either of those games, but they're just too easy. No challenge required to beat either. And incase the OP isn't trolling, I agree with the image when it says that games shouldn't just be strolls in the park.

If you were going to play any of those, you might as well not speak. You don't have anything of worth to say.

Man I sure am glad I don't have to interact with 90% of y'all in real life.

Yeah, i should play something healthy and nutritious like generic euro car racing game.

also, have a nice day

I play all kinds of things, as thankfully, my budget allows it. I don't think a game being easy is a bad thing. Little kids and unexperienced people really do try these out. I love the hard stuff too of course.

>I agree with the image when it says that games shouldn't just be strolls in the park.
At least somebody here has a modicum of intelligence

>Pokken in bad tier

shit list, try again

"There's a beginning and an end" so you hate most games and love NMS and spore?

no you bumbling retard. it's not like fast food. it's like going to a newly restored little mom and pop restaurant on the corner of the suburb where your ex used to live, and you've already tipped the busboy, but the waitress comes and offers you a desert special that doesn't even pair with the wine you got, the manager still hasn't given you your check, but you wanted it well-done and not as an extra, but as a regular menu, non-seasonal guranteed item so you can leave a 5 star review on AskJeeves just to really piss off that one guy who sat behind you the entire time eating his vegan pizza without fucking using a fork.

well, what makes a game fun changes from people to people. In my opinion making this tier lists is stupid because what you may find annoying in a game others may find it entretaining.

Being easy isn't in itself bad, but it's what fosters afterward that causes a problem. Take games like Undertale and the upcoming Y2K for example.

>former doesn't want to even implement a hard mode because "it would clash with the story"
>latter literally offers a "skip gameplay" button so you can get to the cutscenes

And then of course you have companies like Sony who make a living off of cinematic """games""". Remember the interviews with the devs behind The Order 1886? How being "videogamey" hurt the narrative, and it was actively a hurdle they didn't want to deal with? They're the same crowd that defends 30 FPS as more cinematic and more "appropriate for interactive entertainment".

They've said so many questionable things in interviews that I'm close to breaking the quote button on my keyboard detailing them all. So there's at least a precedent for disliking games without much challenge.

Would you defend schlocky superhero movies? It's no different. Some media is calm and fun, like a disneyland ride you just experience. Other stuff if meant to challenge you, and in games, that means forcing you to improve. Two completely different types of art. Both valid. Playing hard games doesn't make you smart.

Not him, but that all depends.Movies and games are entirely different mediums, so they should be judged accordingly. A "casual" movie would be akin to something like Sausage Party, where they take the easy routes to fame and fortune by having sex jokes and swearing and violence every 5 seconds. Compare that to Ralph Bakshi's movies, like Wizards. Yeah, there's adult themes, but it's more subtle about it and they're mostly a result of the main story being moved along.

People comparing movies to games is exactly why Sony has sold so many Ps4's.

What you really need to understand is that not every game is designed for you. As the medium grows, it won't all cater to "silent movie" fans. It's bigger than you and I.

It's as simple as don't buy things you don't like.

>Would you defend schlocky superhero movies?
No, I can't be bothered with them. It's fine I assume if you indulge in them, but I enjoy substance.

>Two completely different types of art
Oh this is bait.

1/10, made me (You)

Yeah, i don't want games to be movies either. But, i also don't buy and support games like that either, so I'm secure in knowing i've done my part.

You're too focused on finding a reason to insult me. I don't bait, im just trying to have a discussion.

Sorry lads, but we got a subjective GOTY list coming through right now.

If you disagree, then that's perfectly acceptable and I'd like to hear why since I'm always down to discuss vidya or hear about good ones I've potentially missed.

>enjoying your games based on ideology rather than merit

lol commie

Does anyone else feel like people throw around 1/10's too much?

I think both 1/10's and 10/10's should be reserved for truly special games. It's not just your everyday bad/good, it's the kind of game that goes the extra mile and really becomes memorable for how shitty/amazing it was.

F1 2016, according to NPD salesgroup, achieved relatively moderate success over last year's abysmal iteration. So I believe consumers are wising up to quality. Mindless action schlock such as Bayonetta and Doom has appeared to take a relative backseat.

ACfag I used to think you were actually sincere about this shit but your placement of ZTD really has me wondering if your autism is feigned.

Would you mind explaining why it's so high up? Based on what I know of your opinions and scoring system, I expected it to be a 2/10 at most on your list.

Are you really just a troll and putting it up that high to rile up ZE fans? Because if so then congrats on tricking me into thinking you were sincere.

10/10 list.

Furi might be my GOTY, but I need to play XCOM 2 and Brigador. Momodora could be fun.

>this fucking autist is shilling his GOTY list again

ZTD at least graced us with some dank memes.

I'm sure one day, people will stop buying fantasy games and wise up to the superiority of realism.

Your subjective tastes are very interesting, and I have to say you have a varied taste in videogames. Cheers.

Zero Time Dilemma?

It's below average.

Yeah, but it seems to break a load of your rules. I was expecting it to be even lower than it currently is.

>Kirby
>4/10
>FNAF World
>6/10
>Above several good games
>Games that arent even out yet
I usually let everyone have their opinions but this is fucking horrible

>ACfag

The OP isn't ACfag. He never makes his own threads.

True, the threads were extremely fun. I'm glad that they're also helping to cushion the blow of how shit DR3 is by spreading to those threads as well.

Momodora is fun but very short and slightly easy, definitely wait until it's on sale. The OST, visuals, atmosphere, and general gameplay are all pretty damn good though.

Cheers to you too, mate.

Also the real ACfag likes AM2R and considers it his GOTY. Who the fuck is this Liquid ACfag?

Yes, it would be a best case scenario. Artistic expression at its peak value is a reflection of reality and real world concepts. But that case in it's own is fantasy as idiots and dullards will always be around.to buy the latest escapist empowerment dreck.

That's actually an extremely respectable list, user. Tell me - what else is coming out this year that you're looking forward to? Our tastes seem similar so I'm curious if there's anything I've missed out on.

Here here! I say we abolish impressionisms as a whole, and string up the impractical proletariot, post haste!

To the gallows!

Reality is overrated. Fantasy games are a welcome change of pace from the flood of military shooters and games that are blatant graphical showpieces.

>where muh numbers and muh customization?
Sounds like legit symptons of autism. Sorry it's not like all tripe today with lite rpg systems.

>Reality is overrated
Spoken like a true pleb.

Woah, so let me get this straight?
You like garbage but hate good games?
Almost forgot i was on Cred Forums

>There is a beginning and an end
Oh no it's literally every single player game.

You sound like an entitled escapist. You should join the military and go fight to reclaim the honor you've stolen from our superiors.

>objective
>this board still can't figure out what this word means

>including games that aren't even out yet
>Nioh which comes out next fucking year
ACFag you're not even trying to be subtle these days

Nonlinearity and freedom are welcome additions as well, but Metroid can't even manage that. Just walking through scripted scenarios and encounters with lack of choice in how they play out. Overall Metroid is a fairly weak series but it has its fans.

>the flood of military shooters
It's like you're living in 2010

Really? I pegged it for a 2016 release. That's interesting.

This was made before the announcement of the release date, but I saved you trouble ahead of time.

Its not the true and honest ACfag, this is some impostor. ACfag almost always posts a TF2 reaction image with the filename being a random string of numbers or a picture like this with his posts, unless its one of his bulk replies to everybody who responded to his GOTY list. He also doesn't start threads with his GOTY list.

Decent enough bait for me to reply

I'm definitely buying Gravity Rush 2, Dishonored 2, Owl Boy, and Tyranny. All four look like they're going to be good-to-great.
I'm also going to probably get Pokemon Sun and Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - though I really did not care for the last entries in either series so I'm not very confident in when I'll be picking them up.
Shadow Warrior 2 is a strong 'maybe' also depending on if any of my friends also want to get it, since it seems like a fun co-op game in the style of Borderlands but without the fucking terrible gunplay and grind.
The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV sort of interest me due to their sheer prestige but to be entirely honest I've not got much confidence in either of them so I'm holding off on them for a long time to read the reviews and wait for a sale.

I'm slightly interested in Watch Dogs 2 since it looks like a fun sandbox game to fuck about it but honestly I really hate modern Ubisoft openworld games and the writing seems fucking terrible based on trailers so I'll probably just keep putting it off until I lose interest.

That's not the point retard. Point is you're trying to bait with an objective ranking using a game that you haven't even played yet.

Though I guess it worked because you baited me.

Does it even matter if it comes out this year or 2020? Who honestly wants to play it?

This list is absolute garbage.

Well whoever he is he's got pretty good taste in games.

I'm not the OP though. I should've specified. The OP is actually using an image I made months ago, which has since become outdated. I never make my own threads, since I don't think it's fair to push an opinion on others, unless specifically asked for it.

Kill yourself

You have to be 18+ to post here.

Bretty gud taste aside from ratshit and skank not being in bad tier.

ebic! he does it again!

>shounenshit
Like clockwork.

Sorry mate, but I'm 26.

:DDD

OP, just kill yourself.

>Owlboy
>Tyranny

Cheers mate, hadn't heard of either of them before now. Will look into them. I'm so fucking excited for Dishonored 2 and Pokemon SuMo that I may in fact die.

>>>r/gaming

What about that post was so underage.

You have to weigh less than 300 pounds to post here.

If you're offended just say so and move on.

> no amazing tier Grim Dawn
> leaving out the best game that was released this year

You seem like a pretty cool dude. OP is still a faggot, as usual.

nah user if you really wanna stick it to me you should type it like so:
Don't worry though, I read your message loud and clear. You've broken my heart with your brutal witticism and left me a shell of a man from the shame I must now bear.

Actually, I am offended by your shit taste. Kill yourself.

This board needs more posters like you, that being people who play video games.

What happened to zero escape? I only played 999, what happened in the 3rd game that made it so shit?

I've already responded to this suggestion and it gets a 4/10. Hardly memorable. Don't see the appeal.

> best arpg since D2
> hardly memorable
Either you have shit taste or you're not really into the genre

Lashing out and threatening for being told the truth is for thick-headed individuals. So are those games.

If SMT4 didn't keep your interest you should give up on apocalypse, unless you only care for the gameplay in SMT in which case it's better than SMT4.

Disregard this list, I am one huge cocksmoking faggot :^)

I can name 5 off the top of my head that are better.

It's really nothing to write home to mom about.

You also forgot ">" preceding your sentence.

So we are in agreement then?
Op's list is shit.

>best arpg since D2
Not him but please shut the fuck up when you have no I idea what you're talking about

Name some better ones

>popularity is an indication of quality

>take off points because game was well received by critics

So you just take off points automatically just for a game getting good reviews? How old are you? Are you this stupid because you're trying to fit in with Cred Forums's more contrarian anons, or just underage? A combination of the two, maybe?

Second game setup a bunch of really cool plot points.
Said plot points got expanded on in interviews and had the fans extremely hyped.
Third game got cancelled for a few years, before being revived by a Western localization company fronting the money to convince the developers to do it after a multi-year fan campaign and the efforts of the creator.
Fans grew EXTREMELY HYPED for about a year straight, right until release.
The game dropped pretty much all of the most interesting plot threads from the second game that people were excited about, had extremely jank production values that interfered with some people's immersion, and had a few plot twists that were extremely retarded - all leading up to a finale that actually left quite a few important plot threads unresolved, with no indication they ever will be.

It was just an absolutely incredible fuck up. Some people still found it enjoyable because the first half is pretty great and the main couple got an unambiguously happy ending, but personally I'm just pissed about the retcons/lies and the more stupid aspects of the story. It tainted the series for me.

The gameplay of 4 is the main reason I didn't like it. I could handle the kinda weak writing and ugly guest-demon designs and shit map, but the changes made to the combat system really did not do it for me and made it kind of a drag to finish.

But everything I've seen seems to suggest Atlus at the very least managed to fix smirk and most of the superficial issues with the rest of the game (minus the story) while piling in a bunch of fanservice for longtime fans, so I'm cautiously optimistic - albeit still slightly worried.

Cheers mate.

According to OP, a game being well recieved is grounds for removing points, so why not use popularity as an indication of quality?

>games that haven't even come out yet
>literal shovelware festering the top spots

I threw up in my mouth a little thanks to (You)r shit taste,

Kek.

Game reviewers rarely know what they're talking about.

Neither do you apparently.

lol I agree with most of the list.

>a shooter having guns is bad

Read your sentence aloud next time before you phrase it as a question.

ive been told that youre behind on your doses, we need a large dose to catch you up.
lie down and relax

>You also forgot ">" preceding your sentence.
Why would I want to greentext? I'm just stating the fact that this tier list is garbage b8 and I love smoking dicks. I'm not trying to imply anything.

I'm not going to lie, I'm struggling to find any noteworthy shooters that even came out this year.

Why are people getting so upset, it's his personal GOTY list, post yours.

For me Digimon was 9/10, I'm usually not into RPGs or JRPGs at all but I enjoyed the grind, does anyone here recommend similar games? (preferable on pc,ps4 or 3ds)

Doom is a 6/10 at worst

Adults are speaking right now.

So you judge the quality of a game based on what game reviewers think, but you do the contrarian angle. You are stupid and underage then. Okay.

ACfag, name me one (1) flaw with BF1 that has nothing to do with black people in a white war

C'mon user, really? This board wouldn't shut the fuck up about Doom or Overwatch for months and they reviewed extremely well with normies. Those two are gimmies.

There's also still Shadow Warrior 2 coming out, which will likely generate a stir and quite a bit of interest.

These are my favorites so far; PVZ:GW2, Mirrors Edge Catalyst, Forza Horizon 3, Oxenfree, Quantum Break, Recore, Hyper Light Drifter, Doom, Song of the Deep, and INSIDE.

I skipped PC gaming this year, might hit it up next year if I can warrant making a new rig. What good games did PC get this year?

of course he just look fnaf being so high.

>QTE's
>corridors
>monster closets
>bullet sponges
You're a funny guy.

>I have no reading comprehension

OP, your faggotry knows no bounds.

I actually completely agree with F1 2016.

Fucking fantastic game.

holy autismo

Well I'm pretty close to being an adult :^)

Cred Forums is filled with literal underage kiddies and normalfags.

Of course the board would be covered in talk about Overwatch and Doom.

It doesn't make those games any less shit.
They're wastes of time.

Forza Horizon 3 needs to be on there because it's fucking great.

Shadow Warrior 2, Bannerlord, Deathwing, Rising Storm 2, Cluster Truck is my wish list for this year

>>QTE's
Is a mechanic that isn't forced on you in any way
>>corridors
pic related
>>monster closets
and?
>>bullet sponges
there aren't any bullet sponges

Is that all?

>Took No Man's Sky and Firewatch out of the Trashcan
Why man, you were doing alright.
>2016 list
>Nioh
Stop that.

Anyway, you planning to play Haydee and Wuppo in this coming week?

Well ok then, jimmy. But in the meantime

Fuck off ACfag.

I plan on sucking dicks and being a general retard.

It's a 3/10 at best. Get your head checked.

>Is a mechanic that isn't forced on you in any way

Yeah, you can just ignore the elements of bad game design and pretend you're playing something better! That's the BEAUTY of Doom 4!

>hipster_faggot_makes_a_tier_list.jpg

You're gonna get shit on pretty hard for that list but honestly user you've got okay taste.

For PC games not available on the xbone I'd recommend:
>Furi
Pretty much a bossrush version of Hyper Light Drifter with a better combat system and soundtrack.
>Brigador
Twinstick vehicle-shooter with a fuckload of different rides for you to mess around with. Has a campaign but the game is definitely made more for you to muck about in at your own leisure via the challenge missions and custom games.
>Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
Pretty decent RTS with great visuals and a good campaign.
>Grim Dawn
ARPG (think Diablo or Torchlight) with surprisingly good lore and lots of character-build diversity. Pretty fun if you're at all interested in the genre.

>pic related
Nonlinearity, you fucking tard. But no, go back to playing that shit game then, you drooling hound. Just don't open your fucking mouth and act like you have any say in its quality.

Tell my why it's bad if there's no incentive to use it?

Have you even played the game?

>normalfaggot pleb makes a normalfaggot pleb tier post

Thanks for moving the goalpost.

>Nonlinearity
Was the original Doom nonlinear?

Of course he didn't.

>no incentive
With bullet sponge enemies, there's certainly an incentive to use it

Doom 2016 is a textbook example of how NOT to make a good shooter.

>someone who actually likes games on Cred Forums

you don't belong here. run, before you are tainted.

Kirby: Planet Robobot is below fucking FNAF World... WTF?

They aren't bullet sponges and you'd only be able to do execute if they already about to die so there's no reason to execute them when you can shoot them.

If you haven't played the original Doom then you have no say in the quality of D44M

>Donkey Kong Country
>Casual gameplay

next

>Objective

Don't get offended. I don't agree with OP's list, but let's be honest, they're both shit.

>Hitman not on 10/10
Trash list

You must suck at games then or are just completely oblivious to shit game design.

Probably both

Was it nonlinear?

>174 replies and 24 images omitted.

Are you all THAT bored that you'll eat up sloppy bait like OP's shit? Man, talk about nothing to do.

We're mostly discussing other shit

The only bad thing about the new maps is that new doom has areas of no return in it's levels.

It was shit that's what it was.

Are you butthurt about getting BTFO as usual?

Expected to not agree, but this is a good list OP.

>The only bad thing about the new maps is that new doom has areas of no return in it's levels.
And a million other things

>take off points for fanservice

Go kill yourself, anita.

Such as?

Just kill yourself. You clearly haven't played it yourself, and are just using the nonlinearity argument to save face.

>Hur dur I'm shitposting

okay

>BTFO
13 year olds aren't allowed here.

List them.

Everytime we talk about doom it ends with you getting angry over being wrong and refusing to admit it.

Oh yeah ignore it's shallow fucking mechanics as well. Seriously, just fuck off already. You don't belong here.

That's not an argument,

I'm not angry. I'm just telling you the fact. If you want to scream with you ears plugged so be it.

Shallow mechanics aren't an argument? Holy shit, I've heard it all. Please fuck off. You don't know anything about games, guy.

>more vague negative buzzwords

What do you mean exactly when you say 'shallow mechanics'? Are you referring to the original Doom or D4. Please know that I am fully aware that you are a (You) seeking faggot who has probably never even touched either game.

J-Just a million other things, like jeez do I gotta explain myself? Just let me suck dick in peace.

I just provided you with evidence of your arguments being wrong and you just stopped posting.
You have to provide evidence that supports your criticism, otherwise, it's just worthless shitposting.

You didn't provide anything, guy. You just showed the map. And I told you flatly, it's poorly designed. It's not even poorly designed compared to the original Doom, it's poorly designed compared to thousands of others in its genre. The action is on one plane. Strafe, shoot, strafe, jump, shoot or press QTE to watch scripted animation or pick up collectible, or unlock door. It's busywork and it isn't focused or concise. There is no exploration and It doesn't go any deeper. It's shallow as fuck. You know what shallow means right?

Why are you defending a generic first person shooter?

I can see if you were defending something good, but why this?

It's impressive how little you get from this post when you consider how wordy it is. Can you post some evidence that you have actually played the game? I haven't, but I get the feeling you haven't either.

1 Saying something is poorly means nothing if you don't explain how it's poorly designed
2 the combat arenas are made with versatility in mind and each of them are different in their own ways.
3 There's no reason to execute enemies because you will get health and ammopacks by shooting.
4 Each level has a retro level in it that encourages the player to explore every nook and cranny.
5 Your arguments have just been invalidated, thanks for playing. :)

Nice try.

Attempting to sidestep the topic so you don't look like the drooling retard you are. What exactly do you mean when you say 'shallow mechanics'? By the way, this is the last (You) you're getting from me. Savor it.

And it's impressive how little you get from D44M as a game.

I'm saving you the money and time.

You're welcome, faggot.

acfag isn't the sort of person who would call someone a faggot falseflagger.

Adding verticality to a map doesn't suddenly make it good. If the mechanics are wafer thin with no room for experimentation, why should I bother playing your shit game to begin with?

How the hell would you know whether or not you're saving me from a bad experience? You've never played the game.

>doom that low
>pokemon and shantae arent even out yet
>fnaf world and superhot that high
>car games
the motherfucking witness?
what the fuck user

The mechanics aren't paper-thin.

I'm not sidestepping anything. I'm simply pointing out that by design, the game is garbage. If you want to defend garbage, so be it. But know that you have shit taste.

You're just calling it shit without explaining why it's shit, shitposter kun.

Pressing a single button to jump and a single button to fire doesn't equate to depth. And changing the height of your jump doesn't add any substantially.

Hitman is easily the best game on that list.

>shitposter
Since when was having taste shitposting?

Anyone that actually likes video games would know that Rabi-Ribi is the GOTY of 2016

>cancerous business model
>incomplete

You know where the bleach is.

Each weapon has at least 3 types of attacks in them and the first person platforming adds plenty of depth when you look at each individual arena.
When you failed to provide an argument besides "it's shit and I don't like it".

The game is still good.

>Pressing a single button to jump and a single button to fire doesn't equate to depth.
>still using these vague descriptors like 'depth'
>
You know, if you strip down any game to mere button inputs, they all look really shallow. Give me an example of what you would consider depth in a game?

What's wrong with the episodic format?

> little to no replayability
>linear progression
>scripted boss fights
Mediocre at best

>bleach
Fuck off, you underage Leafy shit.

F1 2016

I'm just giving you good advice.

Honestly they are handling it pretty well, each location is a playground, they give you time and kinda force you to take your time and replay the levels doing different stuff, challenges etc. I have 54 hours in already and counting, and only played Marrakech once.

>they all look really shallow.
Devil May Cry 3 isn't shallow. Neither is SaGa.

But you wouldn't know what those are, would you, dudebro faggot?

Unlockable difficulties and the devs are working on more content
>linear progression
Technically true, though you can get almost anywhere anyway, progression is linked to beating bosses
>scripted boss fights
danmaku. nuff said.

If you're advocating feeding games in chunks, you're a complete fucking tard and Cred Forums is lost.

>Technically true
Shit by default. Also, no substantial score implementation. Forced goals and finite conclusion

Get better tastes.

Why, I explained why it doesn't hurt the game, now its your turn to try to expose your point.
Or just tell me to kill myself for the fourth time, thats a great argument too, buddy.

>thread still up
Why don't mods delete obvious shitposting threads?

Why? All you do is press buttons and point your character in the enemy's direction to get Dante to swing his weapons.

Are you the guy from the uncharted thread yesterday?

I never once told you to kill yourself, but since you brought it up, you might as well.

Also, it does hurt the game as you're paying for an unfinished product. Are you under 18? Are you a functioning adult? It doesn't matter if they do make it or they don't.They can run away with your money and you'll never hear the end of it.. Though, if you want to waste your money, go ahead. Just know you have no say in GOTY quality and general game quality whatsoever.

Devil May Cry 3 is shallow.
>Press button to jump
>Press button to fire

>Doom shit

Get off the blandwagon friend it ended up being much better than all the advertising was implying it to be

>No Man's Sky better than new Tomb Raider, Gears of War 4 and Deus Ex

I have no idea what's trolling and what's not anymore

>FNAF World above average

You've gone full contrarian man

So the game is bad because IO might run with my money?
I bought it last week and played 54 hours, and I still have the special missions to do and replay Marrakech, plus two more locations, the game is really good and enjoyable and IO redeemed themselves after Absolution, this is what Hitman is supposed to be, the format doesn't make the game bad, but what am I telling you, you didn't even played it.

>kirby robobot in below average
i guarantee you have not played the game

This is without a doubt my GOTY.

If you're the kind of person who sees this game and thinks "oh boy another 2deep4u indie puzzle game woooooooooooow" like I did, please for the love of God, think again. You will not be disappointed.

If you think strafing, jumping and shooting with one fire button is deep shit then I got news for you.
Character action is the best genre because it is the most complex technical-creative gameplay wise. It is not about games being hard. D44M on hardest difficulty is also "hard" but it is the most casual shit ever made because it only has 5 mechanics at best: . I'm going to try and explain the level of depth in as little text as possible.

I'm going to take dmc4 as an example because that is the ideal.
actions can combine with other actions to form action+
action+ can combine with other action+ to form action++
action++ can combine with other action++ to form action+++
action+++ can combine with other action+++ to form action++++
etc.
Almost all of those require a strict timing that needs to be practiced before you can do them. Which makes it challenging and rewarding when you pull it off.

Most games stop at action+: They have an occasional trick like Dash-jumping in Megaman X
Most AAA games stop at action: nothing combines (Far Cry 3) or everything combines and it's not even a thing that you do. It just happens. (D44M)

>Objective
>GOTY list
Please kill yourself OP

I think that OP has played at most the 10% of that list.

le epic bait troll thread guys!

I hope your pathetic bait was worth the 30+ minutes you wasted making this shit OP.

If you're gonna enter the thread and blast your shit opinion, READ the fucking thread first. We already explained why D44M is fucking garbage.

And if you can't accept it, fuck off. Your opinion doesn't matter.

You convinced me user, will give it a try.

Describing a game as a series of button pressing makes anything sound simplistic, and it's something only a retard does when they're trying to win an argument.
>wow, all you do is press A to jump and move forward in Mario! Those games have zero depth or challenge!

>ACfag thread.

sage

le epic pretend to have shit taste thread guys!

EBIN

Yeah alright buddy, are you the guy from the UC thread?

Good taste, user, but I enjoyed superhot enough myself, I don't know what about it deserves a spot on the bottom of your list.

>people defending D44M
>people defending Nintendo shit
>people defending Grim Dawn of all things

This thread reeks of redddit.

So what you're saying is that describing a game as simple button presses and analog stick/D-pad movement is extremely disingenuous and ignores so many other factors that may play a part in game play? Glad we agree then.

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, so no. I don't even own that game. My point still stands.

Well I'm glad. More people need to play it. Just don't let anyone spoil it for you. Needs to be experienced with as limited prior knowledge as possible.

No what I'm saying is nuDoom is shit. As well as all of the games in their respective lower tiers seen in the OP.

Now fuck off. Gameplay is clearly not your strong suit.

Your post reeks of redddit, dumb frogposter.

Found it pretty repetitive and story pretty bad. It was short but I still ended up feeling kinda bored by the end.

I can see how others would like it, but it wasn't personally much fun fun for me.

Higher difficulty boss fights have harder/different patterns. Also complete bullshit because:

>linear progression

Confirmed for not having played the game. Sequence breaking is intentionally made possible by the devs and encouraged. It's possible to beat the entire game without picking up the main weapon at all.

see: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612667311

>scripted boss fights

What does this even mean? The boss fights have specific attack patterns/behaviors? What game doesn't? If you're saying they always behave a certain way and do "x attack, followed by y attack" then no, you're wrong about this as well.

Holy shit you're a faggot

You clearly aren't the same guy I responded to. I don't think he would make a post this retarded. Stop pretending to be other people, tard.

>frogposter
>complains about reddit
Enjoying every laugh, mate
I do agree that GD is shit though

Shalom, reddit!!

I too enjoy the likes of cutscenes, QTE's, scripted animations, linear progression, and large hitscan detection in my video entertainment!

>goty list

b-b-b-but the best 3 games are not even out yet...Final Fantasy, Gears, and Battlefield

Who /mostlyemulatingshitfromotheryears/ here?

ACfag thread still hasn't been deleted yet?

>darkest dungeon mediocre at best
Elaborate you cuck

>b-b-b-but
c-c-c-cutscenes!

BAZOOPER :DDD

Please, post more frogs and buzzwords. I'm enjoying your autism, ACuck.

Oh fuck, you've played Sun/Moon? Dump that rom asap faggot.

Obvious samefag.

>Nioh
>below average
Nice bait. Have a (You)

>pokemon black above darkest dungeon
Are you 8

I saved you the trouble :]

>tfw someone actually uses your template

Okay but besides the little buzz I got from that your taste is pretty good. Only things I feel any string disagreement with is how high ZTD is and DD not being at least in good tier.

Jealous as fuck of you for getting to play Xenogears for the first time so recently though. Christ I'd love to be able to have a fresh go at that game again.

>Darkest dungeon
>good

Has ACfag randomly brought up Other M yet?

All right, elaborate on what you didn't like about DD

>No perfection
>No amazing
>Gear tier is seazonal release, generic bullet hell garbage and indieshit
>Good tier is more indie shit and another bullet hell
>Above hell is even more indieshit and cyber sluts
>Average tier some more indieshit and fucking souls
>Below average are games that didn't even come out yet and kid games
>Bad tier is AAA titles, yet even more indieshit, and even more games that didn't come out
>Awful tier is is one single game that's actually good
>Trash tier is couple good games mixed in with actual garbage

8/10 because someone went out of their way to make this trash.

It's right where it belongs. Though, you're right. It could be knocked down into trash bin.

>He won't even resell the cart for $10k and get easy money
U're loss ;~)

>tfw so much wasted potential in FC primal
At least i didn't pre order

>Christ I'd love to be able to have a fresh go at that game again.
Why? You could've watched the story on youtube. Do you honestly want to do with the unoriginal combat or clunky uninspired platforming and overhauled exposition dumps?

I just asked a question you dumb motherfuker

Sorry ACfag but I've long since learned not to care about anything you have to say.

And you got your answer, faggot. Now fuck off.

Oh trust me, I don't need any extra cash.

The game mechanics themselves, battles that dragged on forever because of the slow animations and the story itself wasn't interesting and didn't keep me engaged, no good soundtrack to speak of...

The atmosphere and artstyle were pretty decent, but that's about it.

If you want a story, just read one. There is no need to slog through such a boring mess like Xenogears unless you are a fan of self-induced torture that is. Not in the sense that the game is grueling for being challenging, but that it is mindlessly up it's own ass in how much it wants to tell a story and have you go down this set path to the credits.

>F12016
there are Assetto Corsa F1 community mods made by bumfucks knowing jack shit about cars with more accurate fucking handling. Get that trash out of here.

>Gear tier is seazonal release
as per usual it manages to be significantly better than the usual dreck we get annually.

>generic bullet hell garbage and indieshit
Oh this is bait.

Yeah this is mine two.

Enough with the hate for FNAF World already. I've not heard a single legitimate criticism against it other than "it's related to a stupid game series". It's not another jumpscare simulator, and it's not lets play fodder. More importantly, it's a decent game worth at least one playthrough. Am I holding it up as high art? No. But it gets too much hate because of the retardation of the FNAF fandom and the somewhat shallow nature of the previous games.

Think of it like the Devil May Cry series in reverse. A series of bad games that suddenly gets a really nice installment.

Not a full release. But I understand your concern.

Yeah bro, it's like Uncharted and Bayonetta without braindead combat and shorter! XD

>:DDDD
>Rating games that aren't even out yet
>ZTD, Kirby, MHX and KPR that low when you admitted you never had a 3DS
>Racing games (which are known for bad game devolvement) that high

(You) for a well thought out bait

You really don't seem to get this whole "I don't care what you say" thing, do you? I mean seriously mate I didn't even read this post, I'm just replying with the assumption it's you so I can feel smugly superior for a few seconds before ignoring whatever you respond with next time.

I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment. It's harmless but made with sincere passion and attention to detail and replayability. It's a genuinely good game and certainly better than generic garbage like the rest on the lower rungs.

You're not fooling anyone.

Desolate Hope was Toby best work since it wasn't trying to be something it wasn't.

But even then he stole assets to make it so he was never original.

Does anyone really give a shit about another Kirby, another japanese visual novel, another monster hunter? They're all the same trite boring braindead shit with the same patterns, same pitfalls, same rotations. Who buys that crap? I couldn't care less.

I also want to give credit to Scott because he doesn't forcefully attach FNAF World to DRM, nor did he force people to pay for it. Initially he did, but he offered refunds immediately when people said it felt incomplete.

I vehemently do not like DRM, and even though I use steam (it's okay, not the best), I'd prefer my games have secondary venues to buy it from. So that at least earns it from brownie points there.

>But even then he stole assets to make it so he was never original.

really makes you think

>I couldn't care less.
Then why bother rating it?
You making it obvious as fuck you're baiting since your arguments hold no ground.

But you got (You)s so well fucking done.

Yes, yes (though not me) and YEEEESS

Kirby PR took me completely by surprise after I found Triple Deluxe to be disappointing, and now its within my Top 3 games of the year.

OST, engine and backgrounds were all taken from free-ware sites.

It's ACuck. Don't give him (You)s.

please be a troll. please be a troll

Oh, that. He didn't actually steal them.

steamcommunity.com/app/298180/discussions/0/558756255885029170/

"Licensed them from a third party".

I rate it to show what's bad and what's not.

It's as simple as that. And unlike a lot of these other blowhards, it's not baselessly. I have criteria positioned on the right for any of those curious as to why the garbage they like is lower than what is substantially better. If you're offended, I suggest you direct your attention to it for a primer.

>and now its within my Top 3 games of the year.
No wonder you're replying. You have shit taste like the rest of the sheep in this thread.

>352841917
I'm not offended I just find you ludicrous that's all.

Just so you know do a TL;DR for it since no has your kind of autism to read it.

You didn't make the list. This whole thread just reeks of bait.

Kirby is braindead shlock for children. It poses no challenge and therefore lacks replayability because of its low barrier of entry and skill ceiling. So why bother with it? Just play with a colorful DVD menu. I can make one for you so that way you stop playing "games" altogether and the industry can be corrected.

bu

user, comparing Kirby to a DVD would only work if it was too cinematic, or emphasized the story over any kind of gameplay. Being casual sucks, but it's a step above being a glorified movie.

Now, this criticism would work with Virginia, or Uncharted, or Firewatch.

Oh it has story.

That's nothing user. I'll take 30 minutes of context story over pic related.

I see your point. I guess Kirby to me is simply a non-factor. It's a toy for children. There is no point of contention with it, but it isn't highly significant in any shape or form

Isn't terraria just 2d minecraft?

I went to sleep when this thread had 2 replies. What did you fuckers do? Why are you actually replying to ACfag directly?

It's 4pm over here.

"HE DOES A RIGHT"
"AND ANOTHER RIGHT"
WOW I WONDER WHAT"S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT
"ANOTHER RIGHT"
THE CROWD GOES WILD

bayonetta is the only challenging game there.

Everything in entertainment could be considered a toy. Being for children wouldn't be a bad thing if it had a duel purpose as being "fun for everyone". That's what Nintendo likes to do, last I recall. And when they do it right, it's admirable.

It's Minecraft if made by competent devs.

How does it have depth?

You do realize that ACfag calls everything he doesn't like "cinematic", right? Stop feeding him.

This isn't ACfag. It's an imposter.

How is terraria a challenging and good game?

fucking kill yourself my man

Expert mode offers a good challenge. It could be better, but it at least tries. The same can't be said for most indie games sadly, who decide to be "artsy" and "deep".

More depth than fucking Kirby, Zero Time Dilemma or Monster Hunter certainly.

This has got to be bait.

>ACfag
what does this stand for?

It's a racing game and the genre is inherently casual.

armored core.

The conept "fun for everyone." is an inherent flaw.

It's too imposing. It's better for the attraction to be ambiguous like F1 or Absolute Drift.

It has cutscenes though.

So by your own logic the game is shit.

ACfag has this arbitrary 1 hour rule for cutscenes.

I can see why you'd say that. The industry has been trying to get rid of challenging games because IGN and polygon aren't able to beat them. So they're considered too "videogamey".

Appealing to a wider audience doesn't have to mean the same as being fun for everyone. It's just hard to do because of extremes that everyone loves to use.

lol it's cute you actually think that.

Oh. How autistic do you have to be to actually want to impersonate a faggot like him?

>hold the acceleration button
>move left and right when you need to turn
>use predetermined sweet spots to get ahead of the cars
wow such epik hardcore gameplay my dude

1. skippable
2. prologue

The campain is also not what you are intended to do. You are intended to gt better like in a sport.

Use your brain and read next time. I understand you have trouble multitasking but I have faith in you.

>its a "all AAA games are bad" list
>its a "le cynical no game above 8" list
>its a "this unreleased game is shit" list
shit list, here's your (You)

You are such a fucking hypocrite, holy shit.

Certainly more concepts than simply those but the key is rhythmic action and what is known as the "2-lane" system. The 2-lane system has to be inherent to design and neither Zero Time Dilemma, Kirby, or Monster Hunter feature it. That is why they are ranked respectively.

>It's a racing game and the genre is inherently casual.
if by casual you mean autistic then yes

What's this 2-lane system?

Reading is the key.

Monster Hunter lacks focus within the 2-lane system and Zero Time Dilemma is neither a game nor a good product.

>someone spent time on this
>someone unironically believes this to be true

Need to be 1 hour? So then you're going against your own rules.

What's a 2 lane system?

He's just trolling. You can tell because he's not even trying to be consistent.

2 Lane means "Double Standards" because he's such a hypocrite.

>someone spent time on this post
>someone unironically has shit taste and believe they know good game design

It's a burden for us all yes.

No you're arguing with separate people. That wasn't me that discounted Kirby.

>AM2R
>game
What? Romhacks don't count.

>Objective
I don't think you know what that word means.

>game made in an original engine
>"romhack"

Factorio should be atleast 9 since its its own niche.

>game
No, romhack.

how the fuck do you rate something you didnt even play yet
>Objective GOTY list incoming

You think you have good taste?

That implies that it was mde using another game as a base, including the engine itself. The only thing the game has in common with Metroid 2 is names.

>good taste
I don't think you know what that phrase means.

The 2-lane system is when action, as a driving force, is working on 2 planes. See: games in "great tier"

Not the other guy but you are wrong.

I don't think. I know. I have calculated all these rankings according to their respective genre traits, accordance to the 2-lane system, and weighed pros and cons using the rightmost criteria

There's no mention of it there.
Your system is wrong and it needs to be fixed.

>you will never be this autistic about rating videogames
>even """"critics""""" like mathewmatosis are more respectable than this
get help user

>That implies that it was mde using another game as a base
>Another Metroid 2 Remake
Ok son.

Sorry, I'm right.

You're thinking is wrong. But it's okay. Baseless emotionally-charged accusations is a normal response for those that are not able to think objectively.

If you aren't ACfag, you're definitely as autistic as he is.

Your rating system is based on your emotions over violence and boobs not gameplay quality.

The matthewmatosis guy rarely knows what he's talking about and lets emotional response dictate too often his criticisms.

The games are judged by their gameplay merits. As for response to violence and overt sexuality, those get degraded points for pandering.

Remake only implies in name.

So you admit to letting your emotions get in the way of judging a game?

But it has a very clear base game user.

Which was taken from game maker, not Metroid 2.

you are such a fedora faggot. please kill yourself. fucking nerd trash. holy fuck KILL YOURSELF. just re-read your posts ITT you desperately need to commit suicide.

What ever mental gymnastics you need to convince yourself it's not a romhack doesn't translate well in your post user.

I'll only repeat this once since I know Cred Forums has been run amok by sophomoric emotionally charged youth see here . Gameplay quality is judged by the rightmost criteria and accordance with the 2-lane system.

But a romhack implies that it was taken from another game. Not a specialized program for making games.

You haven't explained what this 2 lane system is and you're judging games entirely based on your own feelings.

lmao you are such a pretentious faggot. i guarantee you have zero friends and no social life. probably live with your disappointed mother and live off autismbux because you're too much of a lazy sperg to be an actual person with an actual life.

again, you've been told to kill yourself. not go do as you're told, the noose is waiting.

You're an idiot.

You're not explaining the important details though. For example, this is a proper argument:

>I dislike fanservice and excessive violence because often games over-focus on them, leaving the gameplay itself barren or neglected. For example, Bloodborne focuses too much on being dark and graphic and bloody, and yet it can't even reach a 60 FPS. The priorities feel out of place

^

> best arpg since D2
it's better than D2

The 2-lane system serves to funnel action in 2 planes with little distraction. It's utilization of mechanics in the form of duality and moving forward through improvement and replayability. Customization can be a factor but duality and a firm dedicated goal is a must. Straying from either gets reduced points along with ignoring the rightmost criteria in the OP. When straying from the 2-lane sytem you get Far Cry, Asscreed, and Monster Hunter.

It's just a bad Oddworld knock-off. Don't bother.

What do you mean by durability?

See here The 2-lane system serves to funnel action in a replayable manner such as in a sport, a race, or a shmup.

>rating games that aren't out yet

what the actual fuck

Duality not durability

>ACfag almost always posts a TF2 reaction image
Which is ironic considering his stance on multiplayer games.

Monster hunter has plenty of replayability.

Forza Horizon doesn't follow the 2-lane system and is merely a sandbox with loose mechanics and tools.

The problem with that is?

It lacks duality. And that is where it fails. It is a toy with no significant consequence in gameplay (though dire consequences on industry is a better statement).

What do you mean by duality?

The problem is that you don't know what a game is let alone a good one. Refer to the list.

It's not really ironic when you remember how good TF2 used to be. If anything, it's a perfectly valid reason why games should have singleplayer first, then mulltiplayer if time allows.

I saw your feelings before but you don't explain what a good game is.

Shitty kikestarter patreon garbage doesn't count on GOTY lists.

I've already explained it several times. This is the last (you) you will get from me, Jimmy.

You put down so many words, yet managed to say nothing.

I remember those shitty maps and lack of demojumping all too well.

your system because you don't take challenge or depth into account.

I managed to explain the system as slowly and simply as I could for you. It's only a matter of whether you wanted to listen or not. Though, high concepts are hard to understand for those not educated on design foremost.

That's not me, dumbass.

Hello guys I want to apologize for being such a fucking waste of carbon. Anyway, got to go back to peeing in jars and masturbating to traps ^w^
I wish my mother would finally man up and fuck me though
anyway see you guys on the male contact section on craigslist, bye~~~~

Monster Hunter lacks the depth or design focus found in those placed in higher tiers.

It's messy with no real foundation. It's as shallow as a kiddie pool.

You used extremely vague words in, I imagine, ways that aren't actually correct since any correct interpretation of those words is literally gibberish.

He said as he put a racing game at the top.

I'm sorry. It's hard to tell which dribble is coming from who. No one seems to be educated here. Just a bunch of childish wailing because they didn't get their way.

So you have trouble identifying depth and focused design when it isn't shoved in your face that it exists.

You don't know what real depth is because you're too busy playing building sims and racing games.

>insulting people just because they ask you to clarify something

Yes, they're in the top where they belong. F1's entry this year was strong but not quite enough to push into the topmost spot.

>all these people unironically replying to ACfag

It's a racing game and the nature of the genre prevents from ever holding a top under any circumstance. You should also lower fnaf digimon and stardew while you're at it.

He is genuinely one of the most interesting autists on Cred Forums.

I'm sorry if you are offended that whichever titles you like aren't where you thought they belonged, but every game is placed accordingly.

Nothing can be moved. It's placed accordingly.

If this is a matter of your taste being questioned, well I'll have to ask you to read the prior posts in this thread to educate yourself on what is good and what is not.

I'm not offended by an objectively wrong system because I know that I'm right. Talking to you is just interesting.

>people think OP is ACfag

>It's a racing game and the nature of the genre prevents from ever holding a top under any circumstance.
This is a silly notion. This isn't an rpg or shooter.

It failed to take the challenge that comes from the obstacles in the game's into account.

Don't you have a huge boner for quake?

>Hey, these things you are saying conflict with where you placed things at.
>Too bad, they were placed there before by me, therefore they are absolutely correct, even if they don't make any sense.

>I know that I'm right
Sure you are, Jimmy. But kicking and whining won't change the criteria or the list

I took all challenges into consideration.

>Hey, these things you are saying conflict with where you placed things at.
Nothing is in conflict. A statement doesn't make it true. You have to logically reach to that conclusion, and logically speaking, everything is where they belong.

This thread is hilarious. Please keep on OP!

Your choice of criteria make the entire thing subjective, but...

regardless of whether or not your criteria make any sense (they don't) you actively contradict the placement of games on your list with your explanations of criteria elsewhere in the thread.

Stop replying to this bait

Point to some of those "contradictions"

There are two important things to being correct, logical use premise (applying your criteria) and your premise being true (what criteria should be used). Even if your application is correct, your criteria are not.

The criteria doesn't annoy me because everyone is entitled to their own subjective standards.

>FNAF World
>Better Than Everything Below It
kys senpai

He's a lot like the real ACfag.

>The criteria doesn't annoy me because everyone is entitled to their own subjective standards.
The standards are not subjective as this list was made with clearly defined objective criticism in mind.

>I've never played FNAF world: the post

F1 2016 should get marked down for the /F1/ general on Cred Forums

Jenson/Jessica was best couple
Oh god I can use spoilers here

>Monster Hunter lacks the depth or design focus found in those placed in higher tiers.
>shallow drift game and shooter game, design broad Enter the Gungeon in high tiers
>The Witness, SF0, and MH both deep and focused in lower tier

>Doom is focused, though only marginally deep, definitely more so than a game like super hot.

Monster hunter definitely does not lack depth or design focus, especially compared to the games at the higher tiers.

I don't wish to teach you game design and objective criticism. Every title is placed accordingly. If you have concern, it's frankly your fault for having shit taste to begin with.

>BF1
>not even released but shit tier
Not even shilling but God damn....

the choice of criticism, how much they matter, and whether or not these characteristics are actually negative, is subjective, regardless of how clearly you define the criticisms and how objectively you stick by them.

i thought Cred Forums had awful taste but this op proves not everyone is shit

>No Hyper Light Drifter
>The Witness

good job ignoring everything I say because you have some mental disorder that gives you panic attacks when you have to face the fact that you are wrong. Good game design is subjective, deal with it.

>shallow drift game and shooter game, design broad Enter the Gungeon in high tiers
You clearly haven't played either. I suggest you play them if you want to interact with something of higher caliber than the dreck you subject yourself to.

Not him but let me point out a few inconsistencies.

1 Ni-oh is a dark souls clone without the god awful hitboxes, it has better combat along with a better looting system and it's free.
2 The digimon game is littered with cutscenes but it's so high.
3 doom only breaks one of your rules but it's at such a low place
4 your entire top row is filled with games that have casual gameplay,
5 f1 also breaks your arbitrary 1 hour rule but haven't put it at the bottom.

>Good game design is subjective
No it isn't

That's exactly right but you still haven't figured it out yet.

That's becase it's an out of date list. This is more up to par.

>I can name 5
5 games of the same genre barely came out since Diablo 2 nigger and there's no chance in hell they're all better than Grim dawn.
>inb4 Diablo 3 is better

>your entire top row is filled with games that have casual gameplay,
All with better gameplay than the shit below. Centrism and the 2-lane system executed marginally well for this year but not enough dynamics to warrant higher.

Why are you putting fnaf world that high?

Because it's not a bad game?

So if duality serves to achieve a desired goal, why should a game be knocked for achieving the same goal through other means?

He's right though. Grim Dawn's pretty shit terrible man.

They obstacles in those games are not challenging so the gameplay sufferers as a direct result. I'm beginning to wonder if you're ACfag

How is it a good game?

It's messy and it lacks focus. Duality means "2" you tard.

>ACfag thread
>almost reached the bump limit
well done Cred Forums, you stupid nigger faggot cuns

why does that matter? how does focusing on 2 elements of action specifically translate to the best way to preserve focus?

>They obstacles in those games are not challenging so the gameplay sufferers as a direct result
The obstacles are challenging enough to warrant an 8/10. Everything else under doesn't, lacks focus, has an imposing theme, is shallow, or features goals that can be reached via happenstance.

That's wrong however.

It's not really "good" as much as it is "average". There's nothing wrong with it.

>how does focusing on 2 elements of action
You can't be helped. It's not about there only being 2 elements of action, it's about focus.

2 lanes and clearly defined goals that mean repetition, scoring, and self-improvement

Action+, Action-Goal

You can have overspread and customization (see: Factorio, F1 2016, and Enter the Gungeon) but when your point is muddied, you lose what makes a good game. See: Nioh

The only game I'm playing, out of any of these, is Pokemon go
The only game out of any of these I see mentioned anywhere is Pokemon go.

Good god this has been a shitty year for vidya.

That's just a bunch of nonsense everyone knows that a game's quality comes from overcoming difficult obstacles with well designed mechanics that have a high skill gap.

Fan service is at the foundation of videogames, get out of here with that bullshit. F1 Racing game at the top of the list proves you are a dirty yuropoor. In general, just terrible opinions on games. If you autistic, which you probably are, just know that this thread is acting negatively against you because your opinions are bad. Negative attention is still bad, just remember that!

No, you're not thinking of what makes a "game" in real world terms. You objectively want to invoke a sense of realism and thereby utilize 2-lane concepts that would ensure focus and replayability.

You know of a documentary, right? You know of nonfiction? Well transplant those terms into video games but retain real world games. Then you have simulation and 2-lane concepts.

>your opinions are bad
The list wasn't made in an opinionated sense. It was aggregated by objective standards of what good games should strive to be. Super heroes are silly, so are power fantasy sandboxes. It's all escapism.

>no God Eater Resurrection
>no God Eater 2: Rage Burst
>no Hyper Light Drifter
>no 7th Dragon III: Code VFD
>no Phantom Brave PC (2016 release)
>rating Pokemon Sun/Moon when they aren't even out yet

Romhacks are hacks of roms. AM2R is not a hack of an existing rom.

I thought gameplay was the foundation of video games.

>God Eater Resurrection
trash bin
into the trash it goes
>no Hyper Light Drifter
30 fps. trash bin
handheld rpg therefore trash bin
below average
>Pokemon
rehash with little difficulty or replayability but unassuming. Also handheld rpg therefore bad tier

Next time read the criteria.

A video game is just a game that is played on a screen hence the term "video game" so it stands to reason that it could be used here. Furthermore focusing on replayability would discourage innovation and progress because the average consumer would want fewer new games as a result.

It's not about what the average consumer wants. You can see this thread. This is all what the average consumer wants. No what that list in OP is for is to objectively quantify titles released this year and for others such as yourself to hopefully strive for better.

The adults are speaking. If this is a matter of you asking why your tastes are questioned (judging by your tone and your reaction image), then good you should feel bad.

it overvalues quantity while at the same time ignoring quality and that's why it's an objectively flawed system.

Your own taste isn't any better.

Deus ex and Dark Souls as 9.
U cant even juDge gears yet.
Division a solid 7.5

The rest IDGAF

How exactly? I didn't make OP image. None of the games I played this year are on that list.

I'm just saying if this was supposed to be all of your favorite games this year
>no God Eater Resurrection
>no Hyper Light Drifter
>rating Pokemon Sun/Moon when they aren't even out yet

You have objectively shit taste.

You seem overly defensive.

Overvaluing quantity over quality would be putting little sandbox "games" with low barrier of entry like Nioh, Monster Hunter, and No Man's Sky higher than where they belong.

>Forza on top
> Stardew and the Pokemons on bottom
Oh so very shit taste fampai

Handheld RPGs automatically go into the lower tiers because...?

To be fair, Pokemon has become so terrible that it makes FNAF World look like Chrono Trigger.

No I'm just correcting you.

If you don't know the answer to a dumb question like that then you don't belong here.

Monster hunter and Ni oh aren't sandbox games and you put fucking f1 and stardew valley of all games up there when they are unoriginal rehashes that failed to innovate in any way.

Fuck you kid

Not him, but pretty much every handheld game released for the past 3 or so gens has been watered down for the gimmicks of the platform. Gotta shove in touch screens, sony has to utilize that back touchpad, gotta make you use the stylus, gotta make you close the DS so you can clone the map, etc. It grinds the gameplay to a boring halt.

Stardew is in "above average"

Forza Horizon 3 is not on the list but if it were on it it would be in good tier for being a simcade that understands the 2-lane system pretty well.

Why would you do that when they're such blatant rehashes?

It seems you're frustrated. I've noticed that's been a recurring emotional trend with those that have had their tastes questioned in this thread. It's not my fault that they are objectively suboptimal. I am simply the messenger.

You clearly don't know the definition of sandbox. They are both power fantasy action schlock that assume appeal and audience by theme and execution. Not to mention they are overall shallow experiences with a low barrier of entry, lack of focus, and numerous cutscenes. They're not the worst but they are certainly below average.