youtube.com/watch?v=97sr4A0s-Sg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm a fandom heretic since I like both

>current year
>still no crossover

They're both great, who gives a shit.

It's the same game

I dunno man, design wise Blazblue looks pretty generic

The one that didn't give everyone a stupid powerup state mechanic replacing gold burst is better

Gameplay:
Guilty gear wins, hands down. It plays smoother, the combos are less tedious, and most importantly, the balance is amazing. Blazblue is usually dominated by a token few S tier characters. Now that guilty gear has nerfed sin, johnny and elphelt, it's really well balanced overall

Graphics:
I'm giving this one to blazblue. Top tier waifus

Music:
Tie

Playerbase:
Guilty gear, not close. Blazblue's playerbase is like a cringey anime club. Guilty gear's is older, and more mature overall.

All shitposting aside I actually think Blazblue is the better game, but Guilty Gear has pretty unique characters.

>tfw you can't even post the in game sprites and be sfw

I hope Blazblue stays 2D. GG looks great in 3D, but I prefer sprites.

Crossover will happen when Arcsoft needs lots of money quickly.

Didn't Mori say he planned on doing a crossover after the BlazBlue story is finished? He didn't specify which series Blazblue would crossover with, though.

Put Hakumen, Bang and Tager on the left side and there wouldn't even be any question.

I prefer BlazBlue in terms of basically everything, especially as of CF. Right now it's looking like the most enjoyable fighter I've played so far. Some aspects of GG I don't enjoy all too much, but as a fighting game it's still really solid. I can see why people like it.

They said that they would be interested in it after both games stories have finished.

The balance in CF is great though. There's only like 3-4 actually bad characters, rest are viable enough to compete.

The game that has Relius.

Guilty gear has better gameplay and it has May, but I love both games a lot.

>yfw it's BB x GG Overture

>Guilty Gear has pretty unique characters.
Aside from Zato, I really don't see it.

I just want to see Ragna and Sol interact with eachother in some actual game. It doesn't even have to be BB x GG though that would make my dick explode, but even something like being a pair unit in Project X Zone would be enough to satisfy me.

I'd say GG overall since I like it's music and aesthetics more but BB seems more refined mechanically. It suffers from balance issues though which GG is pretty solid on.

Both of them need to come to PC quicker though.

Which one has Hakumen?

the difference is quite clear!

Blazblue is too difficult too play in my opinion. I think Guilty Gear is more friendly to beginners, you can still push buttons and have fun at low level.

I've enjoyed both series although I've yet to play their latest iterations. Mai looks like a lot of fun though, and I'm still hoping we see HOS or Testament in GG sometime soon.

Is Ram still shit?

I highly disagree. Moves just flow a lot easier in BB.

>Blazblue's playerbase is like a cringey anime club. Guilty gear's is older, and more mature overall.
I hope you're kidding.

>anime fighters

Can't I just enjoy both? I prefer GG a bit more for the artstyle but Blazblue is still fine.

I think overall they're about as hard, but I definitely can't say that GG is all that easy for beginners. The setplay can feel very oppressive in comparison to BB because of the lack of tech options, and you won't immediately be aware of what defensive tools you have at your disposal.

In BB, I think alot of the difficulty comes from requiring tons of game and character knowledge, where handling yourself in neutral can be hard because of this. On top of that, you need to be good at hitconfirming, whereas in GG you can often be satisfied by leading your stray hits into knockdowns.

It's hard to really say which is harder when the difficulty stems from different areas in gameplay. During CT/CS, GG in it's current state would definitely have been harder, but the game speed was amped up and the cast grew in BB. The difficulty differences is really player-specific because neutral and wakeup are two areas where players can often times have an easier time in one over the other.

Many people enjoy both, we just have to hope the shitflinging doesn't start.

To each their own but the way Daisuke designs characters is pretty fascinating to me. He's got influences from guys like frank frazetta, bernie wrightson and hirohiko araki. His color balance and metal influence also tick my art boner too.

too bad xrd went generic 2010 anime.

I started out with Blazblue, but fell in love with Guilty Gear after with Accent Core Plus R. I'm finally started coming back to Blazblue and I'm enjoying myself with it again. I personally think Guilty Gear is the better game, but both a pretty great in their own right.

Except it didn't. Look no further than Blazblue if you want to say that and take a quick look at Naoto and tell me how any of Guilty Gear's new characters even look anywhere similar in terms of being generic. Cause Naoto is dime a dozen generic 2010 design.

Guilty Gear is honestly outdated for the modern fighting game landscape.

What matchups and/or teamups are you excited for when BBxGG finally happens maybe

Ragna/Sin would hella great.

Pretty much this. You can even look at the picture and see that characters are similar gameplay, different design.

Bridget/Azreal

I just hope it'll be in Xrd's engine. I just want to see Hakumen's astral redone to be something way cooler. If they do make it I hope it ends up being CVS2 levels of quality. Back when Capcom used to give a shit about their games.

+R > BB > Xrd

El's marriage fantasies with any guy
she starts to overthinking Ragna's chances of being related to himself

>You can even look at the picture and see that characters are similar gameplay, different design.
You have tha backwards, if anything.

Slayer/Rachel vampire teamup.

it's going to be a 3d fighting game
bookmark me

Go back to your neo-shitmon

Why not just mash them together so we can have Slayer rip everyone on both sides a new asshole without even trying?

>Bang.
>Chip with nail/counter gimmick but boring as fuck.

No. Hakumen, Tager, Hazama are the only characters that can graduate left.

I prefer blaz over GG anytime
The figthing is faster and easy to make combos

So is the ps4 version of Blazblue any good? I see it's on sale

I'll wait until CF arrives

Yes, but CF is coming first week of November, so I honestly don't recommend getting it. CF is currently having a JP demo with temporarily netplay so CPEX online is pretty dead

>GGXAC for Wii got me into fighting games
>mained ABA, with Bridget as an alt
>ABA will probably never be seen again
>Bridget just considered a meme character
I shall suffer forever.

BlazeBlue x Rumble Fish let's go.

Soul Calibur

>>ABA will probably never be seen again
People swore up and down that Jam was never seeing the light of day again because "Daisuke hated her" or whatever.

They're NEVER going to finish the blazblue story because they can just pull another separate timeline thing out of their asses and keep milking it.

I don't play either or any fighting game for that matter, but the two are identically weeby and in fact seem to have direct analogue characters across the board. What even is the difference between them?
It's like Seth McFarlane creating Family Guy, then ripping himself off to make American Dad. Same premise with small permutations on details.

look at ram and sin's designs. they look like fuckall. elphelt only gets a pass because her overall theme is obvious as hell and done well enough, but the rest of the new cast (and even redesigns) are very clearly inferior to the old games.

How would Slayer look after Amane's Astral Finish?

>>They're NEVER going to finish the blazblue story
Actually CF is the finale for Ragna's story. After that, the franchise is taking a break, and whatever follows will probably be some Xrd-like sequel.

>Amane Astral on GG characters
I didn't even realize I wanted this

>I don't play either or any fighting game for that matter
Then fuck off. Nobody has need to hear your opinions in every topic unknown to you.

If characters like Anji or Bridget didn't exist then you'd might have a point.

Xrd is the most disappointing comeback I've ever seen in videogames. Blazblue just keeps getting better though. I hope I don't get burned the same way with Blazblue.

Sol into Fredrick.
Slayer - Same.
Dizzy/Valentines - Kind of a disturbing thought.

>Valentines - Kind of a disturbing thought.
How about Aria cosplaying/acting as the different Valentines?

I like both more.

That might work. Better than an underdeveloped fetus thing.

What about jack-o

I'd Jack O. to Jack-O

>not even born
you're creepy and I don't want to be your friend anymore.

Why try to take sides when both games have such small fanbases that splitting them just kills them faster?

I agree but disagree. it's what said really. Even if Xrd managed to simplify the gameplay yet still manage to "feel" like GG and sort of wear it's old school design in it's sleeves, it just doesn't mesh and fit in with the current fighting games. It's honestly the same reason why I don't ever want Darkstalkers to come back. It was incredibly influential, it was very good, but it's time has passed and it's best to let it rest.

I don't think Blazblue players ever hated Guilty Gear. A huge part of the Guilty Gear fanbase hates Blazblue for some reason though

because blazblue became popular-ish with fighting game fans over night and was pretty much a placeholder until sammy lost the rights if I'm not mistaken.

>beat it too her concept art while playing Cactus Carnival in the background

Good times

>Rumble Fish

GG players hate BB because at one point, BB was marketed as the GG successor when Arc temporarily lost the rights to GG.

BB is literally a poor man's GG.

But it's literally not.

i would love to buy guilty gear.
i'm waiting on the final version though.
no way i'm gonna buy an unfinished game that i have to rebuy every year.
hell even capcom realised that fans don't like it eventually..
Blazblue is also really fun, but pretty much the same situation.
you just end up buying a game with dead online / only people who are really good left.
it's a shitty business model that i don't want to support.

>BBCF, a new blazblue game with fotm hype, still has less entries than GG in CEOtaku

BB a shit.

It literally is though. They didn't have enough money to keep the rights, so they made a poor man's version of it.

Blazblue is absolute shit for competition

S tiers dominate the game by having stronger neutral tools AND better combo damage

Blazblue combos are long as fuck and they go ahead and change the combo routes completely at random too.

The game is just bad for competition, buy it for tits and ass.

So why does BB always sell more?

People that unironically buy it for the story.
These are the same people that are up in arms that CF won't have an english dub.

degenerate otakus

hardcore fighting game players are a niche nowadays

The game is literally not out at the time of CEOtaku and it has the second highest entrants over even KoF. The only way you can even play the game is by buying it off the JP store to get the demo, as in up-front payment unlike the Revelator demo. Considering all that, the turnout is amazing.

BBCF is very well balanced, the most balanced out of any first iteration of BB games.

I'm a casual fighting game player, so I don't know anything about game mechanics, but Guilty Gear has better character designs and music, Blazblue is just generic anime moe moe kawaii uguu shit

even Xrd's new characters are too affected by Blazblue's influence

Even when it's in the arcades? Pretty cure CP and now CF earn WAY MORE than Xrd in the arcades.

>the most balanced out of any first iteration of BB games.

That's not saying much considering BB has shit balance compared to GG. Pretty much everyone has a chance to win in GG, it's not just top tiers always winning.

It does yes, in Japan BB is more popular than GG. The only thing GG has more of is western competitive players.

>Pretty much everyone has a chance to win in GG
Literally the same in BBCF. Only the bottom 5, if even that, are considered unviable.

Daisuke want's to eventually have everyone back. Also Jam made it in before Baiken. They are definitely not going by popularity alone so don't lose complete hope.

While I like 2D sprites, I think Blazblue is doing the wrong thing by basing them off 3D models. 2D is meant to look 2D, not a drawing of something 3D.

They usually hide it well enough. No way is it as noticeable as when KoF did it.

GG is 70's-90's heavy metal parodied

BB is anime shit with no real source

GG all day every day

>GG is 70's-90's heavy metal parodied
so metal

It's a good thing that it's metal, otherwise the billions of belts on Sol's outfit would be retarded.

Yeah, modern day GG is pretty shit because of all the gay anime BB influence.

Well. She is literally the name Guns N' Roses in human form.

guns n roses is dadrock, not metal.

whoops

That's Axl Rose, not Guns n' Roses

Yeah, and everyone knows all post-blazblue GG characters suck ass and are ruined by trying to appeal to moemoe weeb BB fans

>GG is 70's-90's heavy metal parodied
*was
All of the new characters from the current gen GG games could fit in BlazBlue with no aesthetic changes. Particularly the waifushit moe ones.

yeah it definitely happened post bb i agree

>muh metalfags have arrived
It was a nice thread while it lasted

Is there any fighting game character to just chill with? Axl doesn't deserve the suffering he's stuck with in Xrd.

GG should have honestly never been rebooted if BB was just going to ruin it. People were content with just playing +R all day everyday.

apologize

Ragna is bro as fuck. Would definitely be down for a few drinks and just shoot the shit with.

>sol's greatest rival and one of the strongest people in the GG universe is a gay cat fuccboi

FUCK BB
FUCK YOU BB

He better be playable next game. I want him to have bullet-hell mechanics like in Overture.

>muh moefags have arrived
It was a nice thread while it lasted

>having something real to base you art off off is bad

its why bb has no soul, and why gg is overflowing with personality despite being made by the same people in the same way

What about Izuna? Him and Izuna look fine.

>why gg is overflowing with personality despite being made by the same people in the same way

nice argument blazbabby

Sol would skullfuck anything that exists in BB.

>implying its not

If you know anything about metal you see the symbolism in the character and stage sprites

guess what has none of that?

That Nyan

>referencing music makes character have soul
This is the dumbest shit ever. Nobody can actually believe this.

Is the online still alive? It's on sale on PSN and I'm thinking of getting it.

I think they're trying not to introduce too many crazy mechanics at once.

Also ABA is fucking slower than a dead Potemkin, so I can see why she might be way later down the line.

>Im bad at art

I can tell

What is Cowboy Beebop?

More alive than BB.

>Content with playing +R all day

You mean you and the 2 other people who plays that? Nice tournament attendance faggot you sure showed everyone

Because pro play is not and never has been the bread and butter of any fighter

>he doesn't know
Azrael and Hakuemn definitely can

Yes if you are not from a third world country

Weeaboo faggotshit.
Kill yourself, rube

Would BB have been as popular is it is if GG hadn't gone into limbo and left an open spot in the genre? Not trying to degrade Blazblue, I'm just curious.
Pic unrelated. Just proof that no one is as pure as Sin.

GG=Tsukihime
BB=Fate stay/night

>artist forgets that Elph's earrings are shotgun shells

Can a GG character style on another person like this?

wew

So they both suck?

If GG hadn't gone into limbo, Arc wouldn't have made BB to begin with.

Except it does, and you literally have to be completely ignorant in all things metal to not see at least some of the connections.

disgusting kusoge mechanics. keep that shit out of gg please

You're right, he should've posted a GG webm with Danger Time or maybe Slashback instead

Ragna > Sol
Ky > Jin
Chipp >Bang
Tager > Potemkin
Rachel > Slayer (this one was tough since I like both so much)

Who am I missing?

Gameplay: BB

Characters: GG

I haven't payed attention to BB since the second game.
Has Ragna and his yandere brother finally had gay sex while their retarded not!dead sister watches?
Also, did the asian doctor lady finally find a way to cure Arakune?

BB > GG overall in characters, even if I prefer GG.

The finale for his story is in CF, so we'll know in 11 days

Apparently GG also has kusoge mechanics since the timestop is a command grab and Poke has command grabs out the ass.

Yeah, I feel like the only person in the world who prefers BBs characters overall sometimes. I like the funny and quirky style of GG, but anime flashiness and chuuni style will probably always win out for me.

I agree, many of them juts feel more endearing

Xrd is about as metal as a piece of paper. GG fans have always been delusional, but Xrd just highlights it.

Xrd is acknowledged as an awful GG game because it's been casualized as fuck and BB influenced it's character designs.

Both moeshit kusoge?

simplified != casualized

>Rachel > Slayer
Based lolibro.

Aaaaaand there goes the good discussion this was in the beginning.

>Xrd is the most disappointing comeback I've ever seen in videogames.
okay

>Blazblue just keeps getting better though
No

>I hope I don't get burned the same way with Blazblue
If you've bought any extend editions, you already have.

Bitch, watch it with the blanket statements.

>Xrd is acknowledged as an awful GG game
Literally only among dickriders, the actual competitive players from the old days tend to love Xrd with a few exceptions.

It's different from the old one obviously, but major new iterations like this often are. In the end, it works off the same engine and added mechanics to give it it's own flavor. Blaming design changes on BB rather than them just going with what people (as in, people who actually play games rather than pretend to) actually want is hilariously sad.

It was doomed the moment the world "metal" popped up in the thread, because it meant a bunch of people who haven't actually played the games extensively were going to flood in.

Surprised dickriders never moved on to BB. It's pretty much agreed that BB is the "harder" series now, so there's plenty of opportunities for steam monsters to shitpost about it being so "hardcore".

Ah...
We're at that time
The " BB IS MOEBLOB" vs the "IT'S IN 3D JUST LIKE SF,SO IT'S NOT WEEBSHIT"

>People that whine about BB, never shut up about "muh metal," and think Xrd is shit.

These are the same people that never actually played GG and just jumped on the "everyone is gay for Bridget xD" meme.

I always considered GG relationship with rock and metal the same way Jojo is with pop. Just fun tributes.

>Who
>add new fighters that are not as straight characterisations as the originals
>ruins everything despite the originals still being there

Just pick the olives off your pizza, but you sound like an olive fag who just want olive and not supreme master race

Also
>muh metal
>666 amirite?

Too many underages in this thread to get the metal references. Sad.

There is no debate.

Guilty Gear is the best one hands down. Blazblue is an aborted fetus.

Kusoge posts should be thrown in the trash next to SFV

BB is honest with itself and has very blatant designs in terms of what audience it's directed towards. Anime and stuff like that are seen as cringy so they can't really pretend to like it without being grouped up with them.

At least the actual playerbase of both tend to be alot better, but it's not like this stuff is entirely absent.

Do you want to throw the whole genre in the trash then?

I know right. They don't have the same wiki skills as we do.

Blazblue isn't even a fighting game, as stated by DSP.

Who?

>BB is honest with itself and has very generic designs in terms of what audience it's directed towards.

fix'd that for you

no need to thank me

This to the 10th degree. I can't fucking stand it when morons think these two mean the same thing.

Yes. Fighting games are trash and should stay in japan.

No just the posts containing kusoge, including this post

DSP literally recommended BlazBlue and Guilty Gear as alternatives in his SFV video though.

I honestly prefer BB. GG's aesthetic is grating.
>DUDE RUSTY GEAR MENUS
>DUDE 80'S METAL
Yes I'd take generic anime over it.

>casuals shitpost in these threads because they can't even understand mechanics of either game
Both games are made for the Japanese audience. You're just too stupid to recognize that

More like blatantly copying Type-moon designs

Well at least you're honest.

Aaand you're why anime is so shit these days

So many shitposters who think their opinions are valuable. Post Ravens.

>tfw you like both
who /cfdemo/ here?
I actually think CF is the most broken piece of shit I've ever seen, yet
Nine and Izanami are completely fucking broken

>playing cheap anime fighters
>ever

You retards just get cucked with re-releases at full price every year with barely any changes

>Nine and Izanami are completely fucking broken
wait until you see rachel and carl

>SFV has a literal rootkit patched in leading to a massive scandal that can lead to people actually quitting the game
>Instead of taking advantage of this major fuck up, animefags still pretend they play their game and discuss muh metal

Well Sign > Rev took 2 years. BB would take about the same if it wasn't for the Extend releases.

I know right, we should play SFV with free rootkit updates.

then either the GG characters would have to gain a drive style move button or the BB characters would lose their drive button

How can immortal chunni bird man and Halloween possibly be this cute?
I'm sad. Raven's probably going to miss his friend.

Bedman > Arakune

You should get tekken 7 when it comes out and stop supporting scams

No one is talking about metal, just that GG has better ascetics because it bases itself off of metal icons

asshurt weeb

I haven't fought any good rachels or carls but izanami's super armor makes me want to kill myself

Isn't BB known for making big changes between versions?

I love how literally everyone insisting that "metalfags" are to blame use moe reactions if they post an image.

I'm playing the CF demo right now, it's great. Nine and Izanami are really strong, Nine in particular has most of her strengths really clear at low level. Both Rachel and Carl are considered stronger than Izanami, and Nine is dropping off even from what's considered top 5.

Most JP players seem to have a consensus that this is actually the most balanced variant so far. The only reason to despair right now is if you play Bullet, Kagura, or Noel.

I think BB looks pretty fun but I can't stand 90% of the cast. It look like a Devartist's anime binder come to life.

There are no hermit characters in GG

>doesn't rootkit on consoles

PCFAGS BTFO ONCE AGAIN!
YOU CAN'T REFUTE THIS!

Does anyone actually understand blazblues story at all?

Litchi > Jam
Ram > Nu/Mu/Lambda
Robo-Ky > Hakumen

I miss Raven's Gatchman costume. Glad the Revelator one keeps the same cloak though.

Izanami isn't even S tier on every list. Carl and Rachel are easily better than the rest of the cast. Rachel can get 6k or a 13 frame jA overhead. Carl has unblockable loops with 25 meter into death.

That's why people hate it. GG barely gets changed between versions so you don't have to relearn your character or matchups.

I do, is there anything you need an explanation on?

>bullet

No one cares about the story mode
>being a offline storymodefag

>Litchi > Jam

Nah, I prefer my kung fu ladies to fight without a weapon, unless they're using nunchucks. Nobody cares about nunchucks anymore :(

Why is it so shitty compared to GGs?

>not being a competitive storyfag

Is this the first time Carl's been this good? Thinking of Playing him when I get CF cause I like puppet characters but the only top tier Puppet character I know of is Zato.

I don't think its balanced simply because every character is on crack now, even mediocre characters can pop OD and go to town on you now

Why is Ragna such an uphill battle to play now

BB is as much of a VN as it is a fighting game.

Good taste.

In your opinion that's likely because you can't summarize it, since there are alot of factors and stuff that require you to actually play each Story Mode to understand. GGs story mode feels incredibly uninteresting to me.

It's not the first time, he tends to bounce between bad and great between versions. This time, he's the strongest with Rachel being a close second, if not equal as the game develops.

Arguably. He goes to shit every other patch just like Rachel.

I'm getting CP1.0 flashbacks. Shit was the same then. Everyone was godly and had at least one stupid strong thing. Everyone was fine with it until Kokonoe came out.

>BB is as much of a VN as it is a fighting game.

Yeah and the VN is nonsensical garbage to give a fuck about at this point

Why not do the Groove system from CVS2? Obviously it would just be two styles, but you know what I mean.

Ragna is one of the weaker characters and was actually seen as one of the weakest early on, but as of right now he's seen as just one of the weaker who can still do good. His tools are still solid enough to keep him from getting overwhelmed.

>Why is Ragna such an uphill battle to play now
Because Ragna has always had two things to make him solid, high damage and a good DP. His good DP is less good because of the OD changes making bursts come back quicker and his damage is even with other characters.

Pretty much everything desu. I dont understand what any of the characters motives are, it just seems like the character smashes a bunch of shit together over multiple timelines

Reminders.

whens jew boy?

Hey how's that rootkit treating you?

I see.
I hate it when my main constantly goes between being shit and good.

No, keep it raw. GG and BB characters keep their own mechanics, but now danger time is an overall mechanic

I hope you don't think anyone in /fgg/ knows any better when all they do is shitpost about every fighting game 24/7.

Don't even joke about that.

Really? Even Elphelt who's based on Guns & Roses?

Is he not playable cause the everyone, even the developers are jealous of how he managed to wife her?

/fgg/ is even worse. The entire purpose of this thread is giggling about fightan stars like teenagers.

It'll be funny tho

Dude seriously I started playing Blazblue again recently after playing so much Xrd and I was legit starting to get freaked out when I kept clashing with my friend waiting for Danger Time to happen. Danger Time sucks, but you feel lost when all of a sudden it's gone

I agree with gameplay completely but everything else is fucking retarded.

how in the hell does waifushit has anything to do with graphics? How could blazblue music compare with actual good tunes of GG? Both fanbases are awful but GG fanbase is slightly less retarded

JP developers are scared of an NA 2 man team with Nine and Jubei on it sweeping their star players, makes about as much sense.

Guilty gears front fighter with his 10 belts versus blazblue with only 4. I see a clear winner here

who wud win in a fite, Sol or Ragna?

>GGxBB
>Sol and everyone now have to suffer Luna's company.

not the same guy but yeah, even elphet, if she wasnt on GG no one would make the connection with guns n' roses.

The new characters still have their metal references and not like all the older GG characters had them. Everyone loves Baiken, but she actually had no musical references to her. She was just a female Rurouni Kenshin. Jack O, a brand new character is primarily Helloween and even a Micheal Jackson reference to her as well.

BB has Mai cancer but Xrd has Bridget Cancer

GG is just the right amount of anime horseshit. also has the superior music
Only thing BB has over it is BANG SHISHIGAMI

You have to account that the guy on the right has an advantadge in name, he's the ~Bloodedge~ while the other is just ~Badguy~.

Both are good games, it's a shame GG fucked up the designs in later installments but what can you do.

When people say Leo is like a BB character are they talking about his design or the way he plays?

Morons say the design. Non morons tend to say his gameplay if they say it at all.

Guilty gear, got over 1000 hr on it.

None of the designs for the older characters are worse than in past installments except arguably Potemkin's.

I was talking about the new characters. Ky's Xrd ponytail fucking sucks though. Also see

>still can't fucking play as fucking Jubei

The one character I've wanted since I started playing this stupid shit.

GG wins for now.

I just hope the same doesn't happen to muscle wizard

I've never cared for Jubei but I feel the same way about GG and Gabriel. What a waste.

sol

sol can rock out, making himself stronger
ragna can only edge out, to make himself a terrible main character

>tfw you'll never get to play as a Randy

Ragna is actually pretty decent as a main character. Its everyone else and how they treat Ragna that's terribly written

They showed how awesome Gabriel is in Xrd, hope that man is playable soon

>Ky's Xrd ponytail fucking sucks though.
Opinions. I personally love it.

It's clear we need a contest between two equivalent contestants.

strawpoll.me/11295986

bb char design/story is too chuuni for me, but lately I prefer bb gameplay over gg.
I'm not saying gg's roster is amazing but bb's is literal bottom of the barrel anime garbo, though I get that's what some people like about it.

P.S. I'm incredibly smug about CF not having a dub.

People who played Xrd with dub were legitimate garbage. It was the easiest way to tell if someone was bad at the game.

Isn't the playerbase about the same? GG is all about waifufaggotry now, same as BB. Old GG fanbase from when it was obscure as fuck was more about rock.

I like both but BB is the only series where I root for the 'bad guys' since I dislike Ragna and most of the cast.

Terumi may be an incredible edge lord but I love it. I want CF to release already so I can try out his new shenanigans.

How do I git gud at GG anons?

I like his ponytail for the sheer fact that if you do manage to mess up his hair, he goes back to Holy Orders.

Anji and Bridget are not from Xrd.

I only miss the GG dub because of Elphelt. She became a lot more tolerable with it. And her system voice was too adorable not to use.

BB not having a dub is worse because a) it was genuinely good/decent. b) the series started with it, so taking it away just seems wrong (even if they're doing it for good reasons) and c) you miss out on in match dialogue, which is where a lot of the characterization happens.

Yeah, hope ABA comes back, love the absurd playstyle.

Just tried out some of the characters added in revalator, think I may look more into Jack-O and Kum for now. However, I'm rather bad at these games and barely played Sign at all so I should go over the whole cast again just in case.

>Opinions.
Can't argue against that, but to me it looks infinitely inferior to shortor loose hair

Dubs are bad with few exceptions and BB isn't one of them.

I like GG more, I think it has a superior OST (specially after the fiasco that were the II remixes) and think that Dragon Install is the superior overdrive, but FuRinKaZan is way more hype and I don't even play Bang

>GG vs BB
>a debate
what

Finally a thread that isn't dominated by non-stop maiposting

>Ariels is dead
>Conclave are dead, Chronus is not villainous anymore
>Valentines aren't villainous and new ones are no longer going to be produced
>Aria is alive and complete
>catboy genius neutered into a non-malicious quasi-ally

Revelator clearly framed its ending in a way that spells that there'll be a continuation, but where can the story even go from here? All the major sources of conflict are gone.

I agree

I also prefer the regular, old Holy Order robe than the king robe from Xrd. It looks only slightly different but it looks superior when it's kept more simple rather than having needless stuff put on it

Thankfully, my main Robo-Ky still has his old designs, though his voice is a bad joke. I don't want a gramps robot, it doesn't fit

Break time so that Team RED can develop Overture 2, of course.

I-No will be the source of conflict

I really feel like Revelator should've been for GG what CF is for BB. It would make time for them to start developing BBxGG too

Leo has braindead gameplay like every BB character

GG all the way. Love +R and Xrd. I'll be trying CF when it hits, though.

It's clear GG is the better game.

Why is Sol so wide in Xrd?

But it's not.

Widescreen is a mistake.

Well they said even with Sign they wanted to make three Xrd games. So they still have stuff in mind for the story of the next game. Whatever that'll be is unclear since Revelator finished so many plot points.

Juggalo pope better fucking come back and be playable. They can't spend multiple games hyping her up and then not make her fucking playable

Whatever, Guilty Gear always had shitty to no villains, Blazblue has much better ones

Though, if you consider the story, Relius and Terumi did nothing wrong. They might be doing evil shit, but it's a fake world with fake people so whatever, and at least Relius has set himself a pretty noble, reasonable goal.

>CF (or CFE) is the finale for Ragna's story
>next Xrd is the finale for Sol's story
IS IT TIME?

former pro fighting game player Philip Burnell

>it's a fake world with fake people
it's a fake world with fake people that think of themselves as real people.

Honestly I hope it's her, that Charlie Nash looking fellow, Gabriel, Robo Ky, Zappa and Baiken are the next ones to be added at least in the new game. If another Valentine is playable I think I'll fucking kill myself even though I like the three in Xrd. I really hope however that they don't release announce the third one till awhile. I want more than just those 6 characters added and I want more vets to come back too. Testament and Baiken should be in these games already.

REMINDER NOT TO STICK DICK IN CRAZY

there's no debate, faggot

GG is superior in every way

I expect Gabriel and That Man to be the brand new characters for the next Xrd.

The GG series has a soul.

The BB series hasn't.

Bridget is quite the harem master.

I like GG a lot more, but BB has a soul. A souless series is like SF nowadays. It's just that the soul of Blazblue belongs to that fuckwit Mori.

Yeah so probably after the next Xrd game, you'll finally get that GGxBB game people want

Right side characters look like shit.

I-no might take the role of final villain. Also Daisuke said that he want's to end it with a final confrontation between Sol and That Man. They may not be total enemies anymore but they still have a grudge and score to settle.

Best versions of old GG themes > Best versions of BB themes > Xrd themes

All are amazing

I just hope that Bedman is back somehow and isn't simply replaced by his sister. Let her be her own character with her own gimmick and shit.

I'll be ready to dunk on fools in the GGxBB Sports Meet starring Kunio-kun.

I like alot of songs from both franchises so I can't really say which is better overall.

Queen of Rose is my favorite BB song, while Fuuga is my favorite GG song.

BB of shiiiiiiiiiit

When has being dead ever stopped a Guilty Gear character from being playable. For god sake we knew Zato as a corpse for most of Guilty Gear's lifespan. Bedman will be fine. At worst he'll be replaced by his sister, but have a costume to play as the original Bedman. I mean Jack O is for sure getting replaced by Aria so who fucking knows

I just want my niggas Zappa and Testament back.

Post favorite

>male BB character
>female BB character

>male GG character
>female GG character

>Hakumen
>Izayoi

>Ky
>Baiken

>Hakumen
>Nine

>Slayer
>Jack O

>Tager
>Makoto

>Faust
>Baiken

>Carl.
>Nine. Ironic fav is Makoto

>Chipp.
>Jam

>tfw that I like the games but the story and characters are so fucking tryhard you just can't get into it

If you don't like the story then just don't play the story.

>and characters

In what, design? With the big roster in whichever game, there's bound to be at least one that matches you.

Best Xrd song coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=tcrMf1onmJU

Sol
Baiken

I don't play BB trash

>Ragna
>Rachel

>Slayer
>Jam

Kagura
Mai

Slayer
Jam

>>Ragna
>>Rachel
Good tastes my guy.

I'm so glad they updated Revelator to play the Vocal songs. Xrd new songs are ok, but definitely not to the same tier as the originals. However the Vocal songs are top tanyer

>This thread full of retards
Gameplay wise
Guilty Gear XX AC +/+R>>>>>>BlazBlue
Guilty Gear Xrd revelator

>next Xrd is the finale for Sol's story
>"But Revelator was just an expansion, no way this is true...
>There's an extra 8 hours of story mode in this shit and it is
I think it is time my man. the question is if I will be able to have Ragna and Sol on a team in it

No it is

AC+>AC+R>Xrd>whatever current BB>every other game known to man>Blazblue Calamity Trigger

Acceptable.

>trap with /ss/ harem
Hell yes.

Feel sorry for Noel. If BBvsGG ever happens she'll have twice as many girls to be jealous of.

>Calamity Trigger

Oh goddamnit I forgot how awful that game was.

Does Sol get all the vapid anime bitches in gg like Ragna does in blazblue?

It wasn't that bad, something good came out of it
youtube.com/watch?v=F49IILoxQm8

It's honestly terrible, whenever a Guilty Gear fan talks about how bad Blazblue is they immediately pop in CT and pick Nu pretending that she doesn't have options against her in the other games.

That's a good one. Though I personally prefer Lily and Divide My Heart.
youtube.com/watch?v=-oE8v8JzCiM
youtube.com/watch?v=97sr4A0s-Sg

Some of my favorite GG tracks are from Xrd actually. Bedman's theme is really great for a villain character. Raven's theme is only a little behind his Overture one and imo Dizzy's theme fits her so much better than Awe of She.

Yes, except with barely any of the suffering that comes with it in comparison to Ragna

Psych! You'll have Bridget, Baiken and a flat chested new girl that will fight just like Anji instead.

I can speak for other GG players, but CT legit turned me off to the series. It was really awful. Nu, Arakune and Carl were just so stupid to play against in that game. And Nu brings a really boring style with her. Last CEOtaku's Nu vs Nu mirror was really boring.

Nu is weaker in CF at least. Still viable, but not top or high-tier material.

But Sol doesn't need other girls cause he has his real waifu back now.

which girls are Sol's?

Fuck.
Fine with Baiken. okay with Bridget. As long as the girl doesn't have Valentine in her name I won't be TO angry.

All of the Valentines that isn't Ram. It was funny how Sign was building up him having some strong feelings for Elphelt, just for them to throw in the real Aria in the next game anyway.

>current year
>STILL NO CROSSPLAY

It's going to be

>Baiken
>That Man
>new character

For console release
>Robo
>Bridget
>another new character

Rip Elphelt. Lost Sol to your sorta mom and your second option is more interested in your delicious brown sister.

>Arakune
>Rachel

>Bedman
>Baiken

>Guilty Gear has a dub
>Blazblue does not have a dub
The choice is obvious #BoycottBlazblue #NoDubNoBuy

>implying she isn't in a polyamorous relationship with Sin and Ram
Canon OT3 motherfuckers.

>>Guilty Gear has a dub for one game and then dropped in the sequel
>>Blazblue does not have a dub in the latest game despite having a dub since the start of the franchise

Fix for you.

>Tager v. Potemkin: Dawn of Muscle

>dubfags

Gabriel will be GG's Jubei.

holy lol
why are dubfags always like this?

Damnit! I want to play good Hitler.

It also was the begining of the franchise. GGX, GGXX and GGXrd are 3 different series. Just like SFA, SF2, SF3, SF4...

They (justifiably) feel slighted that they're taking out the dub after being in the series since it's start.

how to jack-o

INFERNO DIVIDER!

play dota instead

no thanks I don't like being shouted at

you're mixing it with lol
in dota, people says you glhf at each match beginnings

Granted, but at the same time no dub means you'll miss out on the in-match dialogue, which I love.

>Mai
>Kokonoe

>Faust
>Ramlethal

Baiken and Zappa are the two that are pretty much confirmed.

The playerbase is literally the same. Many of the same people play both games.

>Graphics
>Blazblue wins
lol

fair point on that, you can get most of it from context though.

so when's the inevitable arcsys crossover game announcement?

2018. It's going to be either a 3D fighter (SC style or a full arena fighter) or a rhythm. I won't accept anything else.

Miku guest character?
>Tfw her design in P4 Dancing All Night is actually better than most of her normal ones.

Azrael
Nine

Slayer
Dizzy

More like 2020-21. They'll have to have time for CFE and the next iteration of Xrd to come out.

Kum deserves more fan art.

Oh god, I hate when people makes weirdass connections out of that.
Does the story also "confirmed" Paradigm? Gabriel? Robo Ky? The third King? The Universal Will? One of the Conclave?

true. her animations are great.

Hardly anyone ever talks about Kum

Johnny and Dizzy were shown in Sign's story and guess who was the very first character that was announced for Revelator

Not true. Even in Japan.
The 2 games focuses on different things. The oki game isn't strong at all in BB and the aerial is less important in GG.
People plays both gams, because they can play every airdashers. That's the same audience for Persona and UNIEL, if you're talking about that.

Because Japan hates old men, even if there is a cute girl in one.

Paradigm? Gabriel?
Also, does Jack-O or Haehyun appears in Sign's story?

THE NOODLES ARENT EVEN THAT HOT

I mainly go off "how much screentime did they get?" and "have they been playable in the fighting games before?"
They both meet those pretty well like Johnny did last time. I could end up being btfo'd. But my bets are with them.

Probably won't happen. But I'm waiting for Kum to get buffed then sweep through tourneys just cause of the mystery factor.

It's Haehyun. Not Kum.
She's korean. Kum is her last name and we don't call Ky and Sin "Kiske" or Elphelt and Ramlethal "Valentine".
>inb4 Kim Kaphwan

I only prefer GG in gameplay because despite it clearly wearing it's old school design like a badge on it's chest, it's actually a bit more straight forward than BB now, and I like it's rigidness a bit more. Plus, the less combo focus works real well for me.

Isn't Zidane doing things with him?

Not sure. I wasn't aware of any big name top players using her/him.

Zidane doesn't play as much in tournament as before. After EVO he just cares alot less because of the community reception from his Top 8.

Arakune/Dr Faust

CP fucked up a lot but CF is a fine ass fighter, Revelator is a fine ass fighter

If anything everyone should be laughing at SFV instead of petty GG vs BB war that almost died out completely at this point.

People are blind. If they all saw the top 12 loser match that got his place in Top 8 against that Japanese I-No, people will see that it wasn't a stolen place.
Spoilers: It kinda was.

You make a lot of sense. Too bad others don't and would rather shitpost GG, BB, and any other game that isn't SFV.

He beat Kazunoko and FAB to get get his Top 8 placing, that was about as deserved as one could get. Not only that, but with fucking Leo of all characters.

The """""FGC""""" would rather let the entire genre die than to play other fighters not made by Capcom.

Happened once with sf3. Could happen again with sfv.

That's Smashfag/KIfag/MKfag talk, good non-Capcom fighters get played all the time. Street Fighter is just the most popular because it's the face of fighting games across the world.

That's the main problem about SFV.
We're laughing, talking, arguing about a bad game. People will reject any games that'll have a quarter of SFV's problem.
>muh PC port, so baaaaad (at least, MKX doesn't ask you to modify your root)
>muh XBO exclusive on KI (but SFV, being a PS4 exclusive, is ok)
But not SFV. The game still has free ads and expectations from people that continues to shit all over the game. The best thing people should do is IGNORE it.

What was so wrong with CP?

Carl/Nine/Arakune are absolute terrors in CF.

CP 1.1 got alot of flack because of changing backdashes and other universal mechanics in retaliation to how Brokonoe functioned.

Also you won't see many Carls in netplay even back in the version where he was strong because he's so hard to play. Nine and Arakune are the only real easymodo character that are strong, though even Arakune becomes hard around mid-level where you actually have to know how to use his movement and his execution turns silly as fuck and is considered one of the harder because of it.

Also, a big problem with CP was that other characters just couldn't compete. Valk defined the entire metagame, it's kind of funny to see how it even leaked into the initial release of BBCF at the arcades where everyone was despairing over Valk ruining another game, and then turning out that he wasn't as strong anyway.

This is my opinion but BlazBlue characters are sort of lame compared to Guilty Gear.
Its almost like some of the new characters (including that faggot one) are really really bland.

But really at this point it feels like someone inside is doing everything to kill that shit so people will move out to KoF for something less crazy and ASW games for going all out

And it's funny because at that time ASW games were doing great.

Absolutely fucking retarded combo timer combined with move properties that made characters feel too good/too bad compared to what they could in previous games. Ended up with game where metagame was dominated by one character.

Very questionable balance decisions like ODGC, extend changes and nerfing universal mechanics just because Kokonoe had best frame data on them

The laziest characters ASW ever released. Celica had to wait for CF to even get any gimmick.

>Leo of all characters.
UNGA STONK

I love how BB characters are designed honestly. They're not really attempting to be original or anything like that, but they very clearly define what the character is and how they act. Also, the batch of newcomers in CF are pretty damn fun in terms of gameplay, which is something I feel every newcomer has nailed. Even Nine who's absolute cancer to play against is still fun to actually play yourself, and her tools are creative in useage even if that's offset by some of them being stupidly strong.

people would rather hate one game that play others
i mean shit, i still play sfv despite it's problem but i'd rather people move on to something that they might enjoy more than just stick around to something they hate

Sounds like onlyjapgamesfag talk to me.

Hell when they got some character that is just full of interesting ideas they slap on her the most failed attempt to mix shrine maiden with mecha musume I've ever seen.

The guy who okayed that disgusting color palette should be slapped hard.

Dicks out for Leo

But you didn't moved. You'll still "play that game you don't like, because there's people online".
I've heard this excuse during 8 fucking years and SF4 was worse than SFV. People even started to "regret" the fuckery Ultra was.
At least, I have no reason to even look at SFV. Revelator and Skullgirls exists.

You can't beat the new unga master, tho.

Will I like Leo if I play Azrael in BB?

Wish I got present's from two UNGA BUNGA'S for Christmas.

I find Leo unironically attractive, and I usually don't care for big bearded guys.

>arakune
>nine

>faust
>baiken