Ace Attorney Thread

Objectively correct rankings coming through.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Cl98sQPDhU
youtube.com/watch?v=qfp9DvU5-Hs
youtube.com/watch?v=P-t7MsR_MKA
youtube.com/watch?v=Cofz_YxBXa0
youtube.com/watch?v=KMeRjoHp10E
youtube.com/watch?v=72Q_SL_TQJA
aceattorney.sparklin.org/player.php?trial_id=60666
aceattorney.sparklin.org/player.php?trial_id=65066
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=10289
youtube.com/watch?v=zL678y9iCBM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OBJECTION!
Case 1-5 pushes AA1 into God Tier!

I think we can all agree on this.

I agree with God and High Tier but everything after that is murky to me. God and HIgh Tier are the only tiers that matter anyways.

Justice for All had one good case and one of the worst cases with the other two (below) average. Why is it above Ace Attorney Investigations? I hate you.

Would you?

I'd swap AA1 with AA3 but I generally agree with that.

that was months ago, they already started working on AA6. One case is complete and a couple others are in development, with an overarcing storyline

Post the gif.

This is accurate.

I want to do lewd things to Mia and make Maya and Pearl watch

AA1 isn't actually that good. A lot of it comes from nostalgia.

Case 1 is a joke. That's fine enough, because it's the first case in the series and had to establish ground rules.

Case 2 is good. It takes what you think things are going to be like and just turns them on their head, setting the tone for the rest of the series and how it tries to handle the "obvious" way things will play out.

Case 3 is good in concept, but it drags on for WAY too fucking long. 3 days of investigation is too many days. It was just padded.

Case 4 is really nice, although it's a bit predictable. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it doesn't do anything wrong.

If you count case 5, it's solid enough, but it never really does anything super CUHRAZY for a case that was developed and added later with fresher ideas in mind.

Overall, AA1 is solid, but it almost never stands out in any particular way. The best part of the entire game is getting tazed and cross-examining a parrot.

AAI had no great cases. AA2 was much worse at its worst but AAI never got as good.

The only way that would be possible would be to have Queen Amara channel her.

Sounds like a good time.

Note: not the guy you were talking to.

I liked Case 4 in AAI.

AA2's final case was great but I honestly hated every other part of the game. I think both games are pretty mediocre.

I agree that case 4 in AAI was the best one, but I wouldn't say that was anything more than "pretty good".

Personally I also like 2-2 quite a bit. I won't defend the other two.

Rafya is like a cuter Franziska as the assistant. I love making her flustered.

>a cuter Franziska
Not possible. Franny is max cute.

So is Spirit of Justice good? I saw people shitting on it a lot around when it released, wasn't sure whether to get it or not.

Who do you guys think was the best composer for SoJ?

Iwadare (did T&T and DD):
>cross-examination and pursuit themes
>Divination Seance theme and the Dance of Devotion
>the themes for Nahyuta, Rayfa and Dhurke
>The Court of Resignation

Horiyama (did AJ):
>Jesus' metalhead songs
>The Basics of the Case
>Mr. Reus theme
>Reminiscence themes during case 3
>Cheerful People

Onodera (new guy):
>Jesus' guitar songs
>Khura'in Detention Center
>the themes for Uendo and Atishon
>A Cornered Heart

Where does this gif come from anyway? A wwe game?

I actually thought Case 5 in AAI was decent too, but it just dragged on way too long. The diplomatic immunitree shit got really stale after awhile. If it had been a shorter path from finding the real villain to ending the game, it would have probably been more enjoyable.

Basically I REALLY liked Calisto Yew and disliked most other aspects of the game.

I'd honestly place SoJ in God-Tier. Was slightly better than T&T for me.

I agree, Calisto Yew was a good villain, but since the ending left a sour taste in my mouth and case 1-3 are entirely forgettable, I can't rate it as highly as AA2. Maybe I just value the endings more.

hands down Horiyama based on that list. That doesn't surprise me either since I loved AJ's OST.

Uendo's theme was neat though.

It's pretty damn good. Definitely get it.

>Basically I REALLY liked Calisto Yew
Yo, we're forehead brothers now.

Horiyama
AJ has the best music in the series and Basics of the Case and Mr. Reus theme are great

Iwadare.

Oh yeah, no disagreement there. AAI2 is my favorite game in the series, and AAI is really mediocre in comparison. Though in terms of AAI vs. JFA, I actually think I liked AAI better just slightly. However, I'd probably put them in the same lower tier as they both struck me as weaker entries in the series.

Swap AAI1 and AJ. No way is AJ better.

Horiyama. The OST was what motivated me to finish AJ, and Reus theme is amazing.

>Iwadare and Horiyama in the same game
Neat, now we just need Masakazu Sugimori to return.

Those are some good opinions, I agree pretty much completely. AAI and JFA were both subpar, though AAI was more boring and JFA was more frustrating.

JFA has both higher highs and lower lows

I think having 2-4 edges it out over a game that's just continuously middling, though

both games are better than AJ

The thing that AAI2 did better than other games is weave a coherent, interconnected narrative.

Most games have a few major story cases and a few filler cases, but AAI2 made it so that every case connected together into a greater story.

That made the climax particularly epic once you got past the final case's slow start. Everything from cases 1-5 came together. Additionally, the story had a resonant theme about whether or not Edgeworth would remain as a prosecutor or follow his dad's footsteps as a defense attorney. The end of the game resolved that inner subplot nicely.

I-4 and I-5 are good

AAi2 > AA3 > AA6 > AA5 > AA1 = AAi > AA4 > AA2

I wouldn't say the theme was specifically Edgeworth following in his father's footsteps. It was "following in your father's footsteps".

>Sebastian defying his father and getting him convicted
>Simon and Knightley both being abandoned by their fathers
>Franziska still walking in her father's footsteps
>Kay doubting about whether she even wants to be the Yatagarasu
It seemed like everyone in AAI2 had daddy issues.

AJ is my favorite game. I'll see you in court.

AAI2>AA6>AA3* Everything else I would agree

Man, I can't choose between Iwadare and Horiyama.

Cross-Examination 2016 has the best Allegro in the whole series, but there's also Mr. Reus theme, especially the ending.

Even Onodera has a lot of promise judging from A Cornered Heart and A Vote for Atishon! I hope to hear lots of cool new stuff from him in the future.

You're right, though as Edgeworth was the main character his struggle was particular significant.

I barely remember Franziska in the game to be honest.

Cornered (AA) > Lying Coldly (AAI) > Pressing Pursuit (AJ) > Wanting to Find the Truth (AAI2) > The Great Turnabout (DGS) > Cornering Together (SoJ) > Keep Pressing On (DD) > Caught (T&T) > Casting Magic (PWvPL) > My toilet after a night of sketchy Indian food > Wanting to Question (JFA)

all the pursuit themes are good, so I wouldn't necessarily shit on JFA's so badly.

However, I actually agree with this as a whole. I thought I was the only one who really liked AAI's pursuit theme, despite finding the rest of the game kinda meh.

JFA's pursuit theme is not good

>Phoenix Drive is still censored
>Love Junkie is still censored and still has a shitty translation

Why even live

Yeah, Franziska didn't do much in AAI2. I think she only showed up in the 4th case, and maybe the 5th. But ever since AA2, she's been about forging her own past despite Edgeworth and Manfred, so the theme still applies to her.

>My toilet after a night of sketchy Indian food > Wanting to Question (JFA)
Oh come on, it's not THAT bad
youtube.com/watch?v=7Cl98sQPDhU

The thing I like about the two first Pursuit themes is that they can apply to both the witness and you being cornered. The rest sound like victory themes.

Actually, wasn't Hotline of Fate the remix that happened when you were cornered?

You could say that, even though it mostly plays outside the courtroom.

>it's a "the final case is actually linked to this other case that happened many years ago" episode

>Casting Magic that low
That pursuit theme is elder god tier. My only problem with it is that it isn't play enough
youtube.com/watch?v=qfp9DvU5-Hs

I love it. It's my favorite AA trope.

AAI2 was TOO interconnected. Everyone was relevant to everyone else. We had a cooking competition where literally ZERO competitors were actually there to cook.

Still my favorite pursuit/cornered theme. Captures the feeling of you destroying the prosecutor/witness out of the water

Move T&T down one and move DD and AA1 up one each

The only one that doesn't do this is 2-4 and it's one of the best cases.

Why do people like T&T so much? It brings magic bullshit to a whole new level plus that dumb bridge case with so many coincidences that it's beyond comical. It was almost like playing a parody of the game itself.

It does though, it was all a culmination of Celeste's suicide.

So who's the guy who made the soundtrack for DGS? I've been listening to it and it's pretty great.
youtube.com/watch?v=P-t7MsR_MKA

That's not saying much when nearly all of "those" cases are also some of the best cases.

Agreed

aka The Shu Takumi Special

As much as I liked SoJ, it's really starting to feel like that the series will never tell a story as good as 1-5's again. They're trying too hard to raise the stakes as high as they can instead of naturally investing the player in what's going on.
Dethroning the queen of a nation wasn't nearly as satisfying as taking down this one single police chief because Gant made things so much more personal.

Yasumasa Kitagawa, one of the two composers from Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.

>All the AA lewds on the boorus are fucking horrendous
>AA will never reach Im@s, 2hu or Oreimo levels of good lewd.
Fujos ruin everything

2-4 is the best case.

>Try and prove me wrong.
>Pro tip: you can't.

Lads I haven't played any of these games and I'm curious about it, where should I start? In the Eshop there's this trilogy, is that a good starting point?

It goes downhill when De Killer starts testifying. I liked getting to defend the bad guy.

Create a Shit Tier and put AA4 in it and you've got a decent list.

That explains a lot

It's the only starting point. Games 1-3

Iwadare has more great songs, like Nahyuta theme and the pursuit themes, but Horiyama has some godtier stuff with Mr. Reus and Jesus metalhead songs.

OST was great all around, even the new guy didn't really fuck up anything.

>In the Eshop there's this trilogy, is that a good starting point?
Either that or the DS originals.

post it

From the beginning

6-5 exists.

>the lowest tier is good

I think that says a lot about this series.

Cred Forums's taste in AA games is so bad, no idea why I expected any better.

Leave then.

thank you, have some chebs as a reward

Horiyama was the best. Will Inaba ever come back to compose for the series? His misic in AA1 was amazing.

>>A Cornered Heart
I like the new guy already

Was dual destinies really that great?

It seems the only way to get some at least decent AA lewds is to ask the drawfags.

yeah, the only "bad" case was case 2

IMO what DD did great was the fact it didn't have that one case you really fucking hate because of the difficult testimony.

Sure, its second case had a defendant who was annoying as fuck. But the third case was lighthearted enough to compensate and the fourth/fifth cases were good enough. The DLC one was the best, though.

In short, it's a game without a HORRIBLE case (like 2-3, 3-3 and 4-3) but it lacks a OMGWTFAMAZING case (2-4, 3-5, 4-4 arguably)

>casualized
>extremely forgettable villain
>power of friendship shit
>Apollo going full edge
>MUH CLAY
I didn't like DD much at all. It felt like a "fill in the blanks" Ace Attorney, if that makes any sense. At least Blackquill was pretty cool.

No it wasn't.

It was solid middle of the road imo. I neither found it awful or amazing.

Case 3 was fun and cute and cases 4-5 had their moments, though the villain was incredibly cheesy. He reminded me of the bad guy from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Blackquill was a great prosecutor and Athena's back story was deliciously tragic. Otherwise the plot was nothing spectacular but nothing horrendously stupid either.

>power of friendship shit
I recently replayed the case and I still cringed.

>At least Blackquill was pretty cool.
Best thing from DD for sure.

>implying Apollo going full edge over his lost husbando wasn't great

QUICK CLAIM YOUR KHURA'INESE NAME

Mine is Mik'ahli Toh'ris

Most reasonable post I've seen in one of these threads in a while.

Your cringe threshold is much too low.

>6-5

Finally, a fucking civil case

I wish we had more of these or at least different crimes other than murder

My magic is the real deal.

No tricks nor gimmicks

fucking gramarye

>1-5's story
>good
>Oh I know I'll just randomly murder a friend, blame another friend, and get my best friend to take over the prosecutor's office
>but the criminal can live

Gant was a magnificent asshole though.

keep playing :^)

Why did Apollo not accept the royal massage?

Ley'zy Buhs'taard

When did Gant act like he considered anyone involved his friend? And it was his forged evidence that got Darke executed

It was close enough. Frome the moment of seeing the profs body you just knew it was going to be murder case.

I know it's going to turn into murder at some point but it's nice for a while

I still think Punished Apollo should be a costume

Keep wishing. ;)

Getting a boner around a 14-year-old princess wouldn't look too good.

He wanted a private one

Quunt Des'Troia

Despite DD being rated M (because of copious blood IIRC), Ace Attorney isn't a very mature series as a whole. I'd like to see a rape case or rape for instance but I guarantee that would never happen.

THIS right here is why I love 6-5 so much. It's just Apollo and Phoenix overthrowing a corrupt government with their wits and evidence. None of this rancid shonen bullshit.

3-3 gets way too much flack imo. The winning the lottery coincidence is a bit much, but the case was interesting enough and the villain's motives were unique enough to make it the best of the filler cases for me.

Putting 2-3 & 3-3 in the same league is just wrong.

But 6-3 is the best filler case.

>rape case
nah, it'd be stupid to hear Phoenix pull some bullshit how his client only penetrated anus and not vagina, thus not being the rapist or something.

We do need more different cases than just murder though, but even that would be difficult.

Nah, 6-4 is the filler one.
6-3 actually had something to do with the overall plot.

So, why do people always rate DD so low? It starts off a bit slow and ends a bit quickly with like half the game being the final case, but I really loved it. Athena was best waifu, Phantom was a really cool character with a great twist, and my only complaint is investigations being a bit tedious and Apollo doing fuckall half the time.
DARK AGE OF THE LAW was pretty cool stuff

Raah'dical Lah'ree

>Overall, AA1 is solid, but it almost never stands out in any particular way.

I'm sorry, but I have to STRONGLY disagree.

AA1 is the entire fucking reason the AA series has such a strong presence even today, ten solid years later.
I agree that not all the cases are the strongest, but you can't tell me the FUCKING PARROT wasn't one of the best moments in the entire fucking franchise.

I got bored in the 3rd case of AAI2 and quit playing
but Trials and Tribulations, and the original PW:AA are in my top 3 DS games.

It'll start getting more love now that AA6 is out and AJfags can finally stop being asshurt

This shit should have came up on SoJ. They dropped the ball

youtube.com/watch?v=Cofz_YxBXa0

3-3 has the enormous problem of the defendant being fucking Maggey on her period AND Victor Kubo and Jean Armstrong's entire testimony. You only make any progress in court when you bring Furio Tigre in.

That case is what makes T&T not be considered unanimously perfect. If they had put 2-2 instead of 3-3 T&T it would have been perfect

>wanting a boring-ass civil case
Shit taste.

I loved it.

Personally, I think DD was rated M mostly because of Edgeman's assertion of what the robot repair chair was getting used for in the final case. Even the judge told him to back the fuck off that one.

I honestly believe half the people who hate it are the same people who didnt buy AJ because "muh feenix write"
They don't like change, even if it's change they would like if they tried it.

sup fags, i recently played the AA trilogy for the first time, about to finish AA3. are apollo justice and investigations worth playing? i wanted to play them before buying dual destinies and spirit of justice

>I got bored in the 3rd case of AAI2 and quit playing

What the fuck is wrong with you?

NOBODY FUCKING KNOWS WHAT THIS SAYS
NO ONE HERE SPEAKS MOONRUNES

>but you can't tell me the FUCKING PARROT wasn't one of the best moments in the entire fucking franchise.
I literally mentioned the parrot right after where you quoted me.

Case 4 is the only outstanding case in AA1, and while some people say case 5 is outstanding too, it's pretty divisive.

Also, things aren't good just because they're the starting point for other things.

Apollo Justice is bad.

Ace Attorney Investigations is forgettable but fun.

I didn't think Edgeworth's dad was as cool as everybody else, and a dessert murder isn't my thing

Phantom for me was another case of a villain who dragged on for way too long like Quercus.

Once it was revealed that Bobby was the Phantom, I think they should have ended the case shortly after that. Either he should have shown his real face or just been revealed to have had surgery to look like Bobby. All of the face shifting and shonen friendship shit (as shown above by other anons) made the ending more grating than it needed to be.

The Phantom should have never existed. Bobby should have just been a corrupt cop.

You'll like it a lot more when you learn how it ties into everything at the end

Is AA6 good?
I still haven't finished AA5
That second case was so shit it really burnt me out. I'm about halfway through case 3 rn.

>forgettable but fun.
How the hell can something be forgettable but fun?

>tfw you believed him when he claimed to be held hostage by the Phantom

I just wanted to trust in justice, one last time...

That would have been fine too, yeah. It was surprising enough that he was the villain. They could have left it at that and ended with a better overall plot.

DD gets great after case 3.

AA6 is even better. Trust us on it.

What I liked about the ending was the idea of a man having devoted his life to being a complete asshole, so far to the point that he no longer exists as a person, but rather a shapeshifting tool. The shonen shit wasn't that bad, it was a bit heavy but that shit happens every PW game on last case, this game just did a bit too much and too blatant.

But then how would Simon have been accused of murdering Ametica Cykes and how would Athena have been fucked up by the case enough to go into psychology?
I'm pretty sure Bobby Fulbright wasn't old enough at that time to have been on the force.

Yeah, agreed, that would've been the way more interesting angle

I was really disappointed the cool spy gear animations weren't used more

why is apollo justice bad? did fans get salty because phoenix was replaced?

AA5 gets better. The last case is pretty damn awesome.

AA6 doesn't QUITE reach the highs 5 does, but the cases are much better overall. Nothing really drags, and each case is much more satisfying.

>people seriously, unironically rating SoJ over T&T or AA

Yes, but be prepared for a lot of spirit channeling and magic.

Though to be fair it feels more natural because it happens in fantasy Bhutan or whatever instead of in the middle of Los Angeles.

Name 3 AA games where the villain is taken down with the power of friendship.

I believed him too and then Phoenix and Apollo just shit on him saying NO THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE

I didn't know what the fuck to do

They learned their lesson from 5. 6 is better by a ton.

What the fuck happened to "Metis". I don't even know how that happened.

JFA's Pursuit is essentially Hotline of Fate.

And HoF isn't the best song.

Who did this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=KMeRjoHp10E

No, it was bad because Apollo is Nick's gopher for the entire game.

Iwadare.

then Iwadare is the best composer, hands down.

6-1>3-1>1-1
6-2>3-2>1-2
6-3>3-3>1-3
1-4>3-4>6-4
6-5>3-5

Only nostalgiafags would deny AA6 being better than those two.

AA1
AA2
AA3

youtube.com/watch?v=72Q_SL_TQJA

This theme makes me so comfy

>tfw I actually really liked hobo phoenix but that rendition is basically never-to-be-talked-about-again tier now

The concert case is horrible and arguably one of the worst in the series but I didn't think it was so bad otherwise.

Some people got salty, but the main problem with AJ is that there was a perfectly fine story already then, but then Crapcom execs insisted the author include Phoenix back in AND also some other crap I won't spoil specifically.

The result is that almost every evil character that isn't related to Phoenix behaves in such a cartoonishly vile manner that nothing they do even works in their own interests. They're just being evil pieces of shit just for plot convenience to get out of the way for the fall and rise of Phoenix Wright.

In addition, Apollo gets absolutely no respect. He is led by the nose through nearly every case. Even the prosecutor alternately solves most things and then insults Apollo for his stupidity.

And the final battle is hands down the worst of the series.

Second this.

The shonen shit was there because the finale had to involve emotions and trust among friends. That was half the final battle and all of Athena's gimmick.

Kinda like how nearly every AA6 case involves people inheriting their dads' legacies.

Holy shit

I'm hoping T&T's rep is earned by the final two cases, because the first three just haven't done it for me. 3-1 is typical first case stuff, 3-2 was too convoluted for its own good, and 3-3 (which I've not yet finished, to be fair) is like an AAO guiltyfag that has some asspull shutdown for every advance.

I'd hate to end up as one of those weirdos who puts it below JFA.

Von Karma was taken down by Nick letting Edgeworth testify and proving Manfred was Gregory's killer.

Engarde was taken down by Gumshoe stealing evidence, crashing his car and Franziska then showing up. Nick then proves Engarde hired deKiller.

Dahlia was taken by Mia pointing out how much of a failure she actually is. Godot loses because Nick proves him to be the real killer.

None of that is the power of friendship shit from DD. Fuck off.

Not an argument

What even is AAO? It sounds like the most autistic shit ever.

Maggey is THICK AS FUCK
GUMSHOE IS A LUCKY MAN

>Von Karma was taken down by Nick and Edgeworths friendship
>Engarde was taken down by Nick, Edgeworth, and Gumshoes friendship
>Dahlia and Godot were taken down by Nick and Mias friendship.
Nah, cunt. Get fucked.

That's about right, actually.

That's because it is. When people start acting like they're hotshit prosecutors/attourneys even OOC you know something went wrong.

>GUMSHOE IS A LUCKY MAN
Fuck that, Maggey is worst girl. Gumshoe deserves better

>Dahlia "FUCKING" Hawthorne
>typical first case
>Not liking Atmey's wild ride

thanks for the heads up, i'll probably just read the plot and play dual destinies instead

Thickfags prove once again they are the stupidest people on the planet.

Roleplaying with Ace Attorney, basically.

They're saving that shit for 7-5/8-5 when Apollo bring Thalassa's murderer to justice

>case 2 deals with the aftermath of Trucy inheriting her dad's legacy
>case 3 ends with Beh'leeb inheriting her husband's legacy as a rebel
>case 4 features Bucky inheriting his dad's legacy and Geiru failing to do so
>case 5 ends with Apollo inheriting his foster dad's legacy

Von Karma was defeated because Phoenix trusted in his friend Edgeworth.

Engarde was taken down because Phoenix's friends helped him save his other friend.

Dahlia was taken down because Godot wanted to avenge his friend Mia's death and Phoenix wanted to save his friend Maya. Godot also wanted to protect his friend Mia's sister, and his friend Mia's mother agreed to help him at any cost.

Release order faggot

I mean, that wasn't my point at all. And 3-3 is hard from a blemish on T&T's legacy. The magic bullshit they pull is pure bullshit, and the sympathy for Godot is beyond forced.

Every aa game has had a shitty case, most of them being case 3. I hate 1-3, but 1-4 & 1-5 trump 3-5 for me without question, making AA1 the best game imo.

And hey, you could argue that JFA could be perfect if it had 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 & 2-4 in it, but that would be silly, wouldn't it?

3-2 is better than 6-2
1-5 is better than 6 and 3-5

holy shit
Imagine this being remixed RIGHT FUCKING NOW

It would be godtier if they kept the electronic sound, but since 3DS AA's have somekind of a syndrome with only using real instruments it might come out shit.

>Rayfa on the trial in 6-5
I didn't need these feels

>cornered 2001 remix can happen
>cornered 2007 can also be remixed
Why the fuck PW has god tier composers on their list?

For me, the actual cases of 6-5 weren't that stellar but the emotional impact of Dhurke made the finale good.

>tfw aa3 won't be in the anime

We will never get dat Ass of Amara ;_;

>Rayfa trying so hard to convince everyone that Inga isn't a bad guy
>all before learning that he killed her biological dad

Maybe it'll get its own series?

Is 6-4 by far the worst case of SoJ, or is it just me who want impressed by anyone but Uendo

Can someone explain me about the ace of spades card that PW forged in order to make Kristoph guilty of the act? Why it was such an important evidence? If it was forged, that should mean that he didn't do it or what?

Thank the holy mother for that.
Then again the series was pretty popular, so they could perfectly make a second season.
I still wonder what VA would they use for Dahlia, VAfag pandering and fujo pandering were the only thing the series had for it.

iirc only the real killer would know it was forged

>Thank the holy mother for that

Other than the horrible animation i quite enjoyed the anime

There was a drop of blood on the card. Kristoph removed it from the scene so the investigators wouldn't learn that Zak was turned around when he died.

Inga was a douche, but he probably wasn't the worst person in the world. I mean, he did still spoil Reyfa rotten and treated Maya pretty well during that kidnapping too. He was also plotting to overthrow the corrupt Queen. From his perspective, rebels were criminals. Killing Dhurke was just him doing his job as justice minister.

While he was a prick overall, I think that there were positive attributes about his character.

So basically Kristoph removed it, but Phoenix arranged it again, right? In the end the only thing that made that card, forged evidence, was the fact of the different colour on the back.

Am I right? So Kristoph couldn't say a thing because that would easily incrimnate him as the killer.

The worst case is 6-1, but 6-4 feels underwhelming because it is largely filler.

I liked it though. The characters were fun and there was no tedious investigation. The theme of the case was interesting and there were some nice unexpected twists.

Unfortunately it pales in comparison to 6-2, 6-3 and 6-5.

Bycky Whet and the actual killer were either boring or annoying. 6-1 at least had better characters and a bigger impact, with Gaspen trying to get Phoenix killed

When you think about it, it's not forged evidence. It's recreated evidence.

You'd think they'd at least try for the last episode.

I wonder how Winston would react to that? He was kind of a dick, but he was never as nasty as Gaspen.

>Gaspen trying to get Phoenix killed

I couldn't believe that when it happened. Gaspen straight up tried to have Phoenix executed. I know he didn't like the guy, but damn.

Yeah okay phoenix

Gaspen was always the more scummy one. W. Payne is incompetent, but I don't think he ever forged evidence or broke the law.

I found Bucky retarded, but in a good way that made me genuinely laugh. I liked the idea of him just coming to trial completely smashed.

I didn't like Geiru much until her transformation. I also thought her breakdown was good because she ended up being somewhat of a sympathetic murderer.

Case 1 did have the theme of Khur'ain's fucktarded justice system behind it, but otherwise I thought the case was typical case 1 fare. It wasn't particularly entertaining to me until Jesus went metal.

This to be quite honest with you family. SoJ>T&T. Still not better than AAI2 tho.

he's the edgy brother after all

god DAMN Athena's legs

>I didn't drink any sake

>present crime photo that shows the bitten buns

>NOPE LOL, GOTTA PRESENT THIS PAPER SCRAP THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT THE WITNESS STATED

Fuck this game.

>tfw there will never be an Ace Attorney fan game where you make the witnesses gradually more horny and they have orgasms instead of breakdowns

>that chest on Nick

Does he work out?

Fuck her legs, did you guy notice how fucking pumped Phoenix's pecs while wearing Furio Tigre's suit?

7 years of "professional" poker. You can't be a weak ass bitch while trying to hustle.

Probably, considering all the shit he gets into, it couldn't hurt.

I know that feel

So it was revenge. But that doesn't fit Phoenix at all, he delivers truth, not cold revenge.

>yfw Kristoph reappears in AA7

He does pointing and desk slamming exercises and his upper body is ripped as hell.

I think I did the same thing.

but that's just ace attorney for you. Usually there are multiple pieces of evidence that relate to any given testimony and demonstrate a contradiction. The developers, however, require you to focus on just one.

It'd be nice if they made some pieces of evidence "safe" but "incorrect" or something, with different dialogue pointing out that you're on the right track but need to focus on something specific.

iirc there actually was an instance of that with the picture in case 6-4. If you clicked the table, Blackquill tried to point you in the right direction but you didn't receive a penalty.

>Photo of crime scene clearly shows sake dripping from the table to the floor where the bun used to be
>Think sake dripped into bun and that's how he got drunk
>Nope the sake never dripped, the buns had it all along
What the fuck

as what? a ghost?

I don't understand why PW vs. PL is always ranked so low.

Save for the bumfuck retarded ending, I thought it was really good. It had great character writing.

Because the twist is really, really stupid, and creates a lot of plot holes. Standard Layton fare. Once you know the twist, the murder in case 2 becomes physically impossible, as does almost all of the magic shit in the prologue, for example. Also Phoenix is completely irrelevant and it's the Layton show nonstop the entire time, the game would've basically gone the exact same if Phoenix hadn't been around.

>Also Phoenix is completely irrelevant and it's the Layton show nonstop the entire time

I hear this a lot but it's a fucking bizarre parroted thing about this game

Layton sits out like 2/3rds of the game or isn't anywhere near Phoenix, this shit only really happens in some spots in the final case

Capcom owes it to Cred Forums to keep releasing Ace Attorney games in English, if only to keep us civil every so often.

Exactly. The only way they could make Phoenix relevant was to completely write Layton out of the game for one of the cases. Every time they're both around, Phoenix is completely useless and Layton solves everything.

So what? The fact that he's not around for most of it means it's not the Layton show for most of it either

Most of the game he's solving some puzzles in some underground somewhere, he barely exists in the actual cases

How good is the mystery solving/detective element in this series?

I'm looking for something to come to after Zero Escape and Danganronpa but from what little I've seen Ace Attorney seems to be more about funny situations than unraveling mysteries.

Possessing Klavier?

Danganronpa is like AA light, you'll enjoy this series

The mysteries are pretty good but the killer's motives tend to be pretty simple for somebody accustomed to the complexity of Zero Escape.

Better than ZE, worse than DR.

However, I still think it's overall better than DR because its overarching plot isn't completely retarded.

It's mostly about the investigations before the cases and the courtroom battles. Everything usually gets solved in the investigations or in court.

There's just a lot of great funny writing, but the seriousness is still there.

Wow, they really fell flat with Nahyuta

Didn't give a flying fuck at endgame 6-5 when he was accused. Wanted the part just to end

Gavin is more likable than him.

DR's overarching plot was good in DR1 and died hard in everything since.

The mysteries are better in AA than either of the other games, usually.

But yeah, for the most part the essence of AA is "Hmph. This is waste of our time. Can I go now? It's clear Hapless McLoser killed him."
"(Can I truly solve this case? Wait... I have to turn my thinking around! This is my only chance!) Your honor! I have proof Asshole commited the crime and Hapless is innocent! And it is THIS piece of evidence." "Wha? No! This can't be! ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!"

Dramatic courtroom turnabouts is the draw.

very very complex

I never liked the idea of a post-apocalyptic world where everyone killed themselves because Junko was very charming.

Or, as it turns out, because they watched her anime.

Why are you spoiling danganronpa in an ace attorney thread?

AA is completely ruined by bad localization. Sorry kid.

Made better, you mean.

Sorry, I forgot that that part was actually a twist too.

Does anyone have a link to Turnabout Holocaust?

Hello, everyone! My name is Dragon Isee, and with my assistant Evening Village (who loves burgers and who I met after her sister, Thousandfathoms Village, was killed), I investigate crimes and defend clients as a defense attorney! My rival is the prosecutor Clever Swordedge, who I was in primary school with (together with my first client, Youknow Forsure). He was mentored by Fromhell Demon, a famous prosecutor (who is now gone, but his legacy continues with his daughter, Dark Demon).

These days I've taken proteges myself, like Surprise Lawboy and Moon Heartnoise, and adopted a daughter, Seethrough. Life is swell here in Japanifornia.

DR1 left the series at: "Something indescribably bad happened and, as a result of an ever-growing cult of people who lost all faith in the world, turned to nihilism, and committed horrifying acts to cause more to turn to this nihilist despair, the world is on the brink." It was not implied that everything was caused literally by Junko's amazing tits until DR2. In DR1, it was just Junko plotting the biggest teabag of the world's future imaginable by making them all kill each other and then explicitly give up on fixing the world in front of everyone who still had faith.

If Junko actually caused all despair, rather than just being a loyal cultist, her locking herself in the school for years for this one play suddenly looks retarded.

Then again the series is now anime flying high schoolers swordfighting robots and firing hope kamehamehas.

Eat your hamburgers.

aceattorney.sparklin.org/player.php?trial_id=60666

the easiest to remember URL

Thanks.

I need to finish the DR series, I've only played the first game. I'm pretty sure I've already been thoroughly spoiled at this point, though.

The 2nd game has some good mysteries and characters but the overall plot is fucking retarded.

UDG is just bad in every sense.

I always lose it at Surprise Lawboy.

>Phoenix and Maya try to disprove the holocaust
Holy fucking shit this is hilarious

UDG has some of the best bosses of an RE4 style game outside of Dead Space.

Beyond that it's retarded.

>judge immediately tells Manfred to shut the fuck up
Wow this might actually be fun and not just a Cred Forums meme. I'll have to come back and try it later. Let me know if it pays off.

it's a legit funny case, go for it

Anyone remember that Attorney Online case with Charles Barkley about basketball? I can't remember the name of it and can't find it

I'm sure this precedes Cred Forums itself.

Found it

aceattorney.sparklin.org/player.php?trial_id=65066

Check this case above out too if you liked Holocaust, shit is hilarious and well made and an old staple of Cred Forums's AA threads

Thanks. I'll give them both a try.

>Geiru made dumplings with the bloody dough

That's... so fucking retarded.

Couldn't she just, like... flush it down the toilet?

would clog the toilet.

Then dispose of it by chunks one by one, not the whole load in one go.

would take too long, she'd risk getting caught.

But then Sherlock Holmes would climb through the sewers and find the bloody dough, then explain that's the reason he's late to the trial

Explosive diarrhea, problem solved. She even had balloons to replicate shit noises.

oh so it takes less time to prepare dumplings than dumping them down the drain?

So how much time until the hype settles down and people start seeing the flaws in AA6? I really liked it, but it was not perfect like people seem to imply and had it's ups and downs.

Also, post them.

Yes.

to flush dough down the toilet and then slip away from the crime scene without being noticed by someone, yes.

Didn't like case 1 and case 4. DLC was shit too.

YOUR HONOR, WE'D LIKE TO EXAMINE THE WITNESS'S ASS FOR SHIT PARTICLES! AND ALSO SEARCH THE SEWERS FOR HER SHIT, OR THE MURDER WEAPON

>Make dumplings with half the dough
>Flush the other half while they're cooking
>Now the amount of dumplings is enough for her and the dog to finish

Shit I must be a genius.

hype settles down? no fuck you

6-1 was a great intro case that actually had some relevance, 6-2 was highly enjoyable, 6-3 was great, 6-4 would have been okay if it hadn't just been shoved in out of fucking nowhere and had actually had an investigation portion or a somewhat interesting cast beyond LOL HE HAS DID, and case 5 was outstanding

How did you get to play the DLC already? Doesn't it come out next week? Unless you played JP.

Pirated

where is this costume at? Japan only?

>6-1 was a great intro case

It was incredibly retarded and dragged on forever. The culprit made no fucking sense at all.

You're just still on the honeymoon phase.

I'm so sick and tired of people thinking AA 3 is "OMG LIKE DA BEST I

Yes but Trick can easily edit it in and make a patch where it replaces her default costume

>midriff
yes

Yeah, Dahlia's not that great t b h and one filler case is shit and drags on for fucking ever and the other one is alright.

don't tell me what I do and don't like you cunt

6-1 is totally fine

>Your client's semen was found inside her!
>Yeah but he's actually dead and a medium channeled him and raped her
>Autopsy update: the client is actually a girl
>Judge found to be the true murderer

Eh, the only great cases were 2 and 5.
The rest ranged from mediocre to ok.

Still better than Dual Destinies, I guess.
But overall just a mid-tier AA game. Nothing special. Still better than dogshit like AAI, for sure.

I agree 6-1 went on way too long. Nothing wrong with a meaty intro case if it's actually compelling like 4-1 but 6-1 was just boring, metalhead jesus being the only good part.

>6-1 was a great intro case that actually had some relevance

It was good in introducing the new gimmicks, setting and recurring characters, but the case itself was too long for how obvious the whole thing was and Metal Jesus is a terrible character even if his theme is good.

>6-2 was highly enjoyable
It was an awful case with bad witnesses, one of the worst and most petty motives for murder ever that dragged on forever with terrible twists (twin sisters) and a total asspull (it's obvious that they never thought about Reus from the start). Good culprit theme and who dunnit twist, but that's about it.

>6-3 was great
It was good, but it could have been so much more if the priest's motive for indicting Maya and way to do it wasn't so fucking dumb.

>6-4 would have been okay if it hadn't just been shoved in out of fucking nowhere and had actually had an investigation portion or a somewhat interesting cast

Uendo is easily one of the best witnesses in the entire series, Athena and Simon chemistry is great and the banter between the later and Nayhuta was hilarious. For a case with no investigation like 3-4, is was really, really good.

I can't find any .cia for the DLC that actually fucking works. Hook me up famiglia.

freeshop with latest enctitlekeys

Japan only, because it would raise a stink in America.

>The rest ranged from mediocre to ok.
Did you skip 6-3 or something?

There was no gambling. People paid to pay poker with him. He sold games, but there was no betting.

It wasn't anything spectacular.
And Maya was just fucking useless.
Also they never brought up the fact the yellow orb came from the Inmee's house to prove a link between them and the hideout.

So, is it supposed to not be winnable after the dream ends?

>Channel a spirit
> fucking useless

Yeah whatever m8

>plot device
Yeah that totally pardons her from being a useless piece of shit during the entire time prior.

Fuck, I wish the full soundtrack was on the game, like Fire Emblem does.

I need that creepy queen theme.

Nigga just play it.

>6-3
>the best third case in the entire series
>"mediocre-to-ok"

Basically this.

ALSO

It's heavily implied in both AA 2 and AAI that Franziska and Edgeworth are unsuccessful prosecutors specifically because they don't have many friends.

>Dual Destinies credits basically useless
>Spirit of Justice shows Apollo-Trucy teaser

Hope it's in the next game but the game doesn't revolve around it.

I2-3 was better.
And the crossover 3rd case too was better.

>next game
Prepare for another time skip.

God, I fucking hate it when the games do that.

>"I swear, I never ate the apple!"
>Present a picture of the guy literally putting an apple into his mouth
>"This piece of evidence is unrelated to this statement!"
>Turns out I needed to present the apple with his fingerprints on it

Not an actual example, but this shit happens way too fucking often in these games

>A decent case with a shitstain of an assistant that can only talk about le epic Steel Samurai, ladders, hamburgers memes and is a useless piece of shit that gets kidnapped or used against Phoenix in every single game she is in
>Better than The Golden Court
>Better than The Inherited Turnabout

Fuck you and your shit taste.

Tell me why Turnabout Serenade is considered the worst case again?

I wonder how long it will take for one retard to dislike SoJ and spam every thread until it's considered a bad game.

They really do need something like that.

Maybe even something that goes in the opposite direction, so instead of "Right" and "Wrong", it's a spectrum
Bad- Penalty
Good - No penalty, message saying your logic is on the right track, but doesn't advance the game
Better - Advances the game like normal
Best - Rewards latteral thinking by the player, advances the game and can skip entire sections of cross-examination, or, even better, branches the story off into something that gives deeper insight into what really happened, beyond the simple "whodunnit", and rewards points for the "true" ending

It would take probably more work than the game makers intend to put into it, but goddamn the AA series has been BEGGING for branching story paths forever. I'd kill to give these games even the smallest amount of replayability

Is a mid tier AA game. The top belongs to AA1, AA3 and AAI2.

Because the prosecution accused a blind little boy of murdering an interpol agent

Also the fucking song

Branching trials would take waaaay too much work for a stale franchise like AA that hasn't really innovated that much.

The problem with Apollo-Trucy story is that it's going to take the focus of the entire game undoubtedly. If they finish up the story in a single filler case midgame, or offscreen even, it won't be satisfying. So it'd have to be the focus of 7-5 or a finale case. But that also raises a problem since if AA7 is focused around Apollo again it leaves Athena, Phoenix, Maya, and others left to the wayside again, and Athena is definitely due for development. Ideally AA7 should be an Athena/Phoenix/Maya game with the Apollo-Trucy story being saved for AA8.

I'm not sure how successful a game trying to build Athena, Phoenix, and Maya, while also finishing the Apollo-Trucy story in a satisfying matter, would be. Inevitably someone is getting the short end of the stick.

>prosecution accuses a 9 year old boy of killing a trained patrol guard by swinging a heavy box with enough force to kill by head trauma

For a franchise with 10 games I'm pretty sure that being the 4th in your opinion is better than just 'mid tier'. I also think it's better than AA1 (and maybe 3) but that's another story.

Why does Maya have to be in the game, just let her fuck off to Kurain already

This.

Fuck Maya, let us have an Athena/Phoenix game only with a new prosecutor and Blackquill giving her the dick already.

Khura'in is a corrupt shithole that based it's accusations entirely on the words of their dumb princess

Rewarding branches paths for lateral thinking would require too much work and having it skip entire cross examination would just reward the player with less content (which would be shit).

If they were to do branching paths it should be for bad endings and bad, but not outright wrong, logic. Imagine advancing through a cross examination never knowing if you're on the correct path, then suddenly your faulty logic dries up and you're hit with a Guilty verdict. These paths wouldn't have to be all that long and then you're not splitting the content, and the true endings, behind different paths.

Engarde was specifically taken down because Edgeworth held off and Gumshoe was willing to help Nick out even by speeding through traffic. No friendship my ass.

anyone here able to decipher moon runes?

>defendant could not have physically fired the murder weapon or moved the body
>this gets brushed off in favor of LET'S WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN GANG

is there a new Ys anime or something?

You're right, skipping content would be shit.

But I still think branching paths would be neat.

As far as that goes, I was thinking more in line with something like Star Fox, where there's one fairly obvious, easy path, which does lead to a successful, satisfying ending, but doesn't answer 100% of the dangling plot threads.
And then, on a second or third playthrough, it's easier to notice the small hints that point you toward the less obvious solutions, and the real "Final boss", if that makes sense.

Basically, imagine if absolving Edgeworth of murder was the default ending, but discovering Von Karma was the real culprit took actual work.

Is this the only series made better in localization?

There's Kid Icarus too.

Too sexy for american.

Turnabout Storm wasn't bad.

My only problem with SoJ compared to DD was that the thought routes didn't seem as exciting for some reason. Like, it didn't seem like they were shocked by the revelation they just had.

I think this is the game where I laughed out loud the most

>Edgeworth complaining about the Plummed Punisher

That reminds me I totally expected a twist with Ami Fey, the Holy Mother and Lady Keera being the same person or something.

anyone got pics of Phoenix and Apollo being savage

This is a SFW board user.

I get your idea but still disagree with it. Giving people lesser/non-canon endings for paths they wouldn't even be aware they're on would take people out of the experience as soon as they realize they didn't get the true ending and have to replay the game.

In your example, going from the start of 1-4 to discovering Von Karma was the culprit was fucking glorious point-A to point-B hype train. Now instead the A-to-B hype train gets derailed midway through and you get a lesser, less satisfying ending because you fucked up somewhere along the line. Now you have to replay to the point where your decision was and then figure out how you fucked up. That doesn't sound fun.

*bringing the bantz

Tell it like it is, prosecutors.

Is the newest phoenix wright worth spending my nintendollarydoos on?

The pic in the OP is not shitposting.

I'm going to say yes

But I pirated it, so take that information as you will.

I'd switch T&T and SoJ

SoJ just did spirits involved in cases so much better

Man, I just finished AA6 and fuck, it really was great outside of the pointless Episode 4. It had me in tears at times. I didn't expect a mainline game to be as good as the original trilogy or AAI2 after the last two slight disappointments so this was a pleasant surprise. 100% agree with OP's list.

Yes, it's one of the best games in the series. You better have played the other games first though.

>I'd switch T&T and SoJ
Lol nope.

You should just fuck off with your hype. Move on and let it go.

>It had me in tears at times
Are you a faggot?

It was a good game, but leaving you in tears? Like, really nigger?

those are some quality arguments there, buddy

It's from this series of shorts:
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=10289

Why would I waste my time in writing a solid one for fuckbois with no taste like yourself?

Just refrain from posting your shit taste in front of me again.

I feel like I missed something. What was Inga's reasoning for having his wife's sister's daughter's birthday as his password? Am I meant to assume he gave a shit about her?

Regarding Lady Keera & The Founder as explained in 6-3 they were sisters.

Why don't you say niece like a regular human being?
Well yeah he spoiled her like crazy and even kept that letter.

Yeah that's what about what I expected
>no lol ur wrong
godot is a shit prosecutor and channeling in 5 was handled extremely poorly, keep on throwing out your favorite ad hominem to disguise your lack of argument

>look at me guys, im so cool
Shut the fuck up, you wanker. I can shed tears at what I want, you faggot kike.

Yeah. Rayfa kept mentioning her affection for Inga and, was legitimately depressed when he died, so they probably had a good relationship, especially considering Ga'ran was a shit parent who hated her. Can't really blame Inga planning a coup tbhq.

What did she mean by this?

SUGAR SUGAR
oh right ofc that LITTLE BOY COULD HAVE SHOT THAT GUN THAT DISLOCATED GROWN MEN'S ARMS WITHOUT ANY INJURIES

>being proud of crying like a bitch in a game with no emotional buidup whatsoever

Go ahead and tell your mom about dragons never yielding with bitch tears in your face fucboi.

There was no need to make that connection. He was already accepted to have been a rebel before that room become relevant, and he made no attempts to deny it.

JUST finished AA6

That last case was fucking ridiculous.
Good. But insane.

>early screens thought it was a 'my wife's son' situation with Apollo

>turns out it's two Alpha as fuck dads
>Jove tries to save his son from being burned alive

>Dhurke is a Fucking Dragon
>saves Apollo from drowning
>gives him the means to fuck the queen

>tells him to fuck the cute magician girl right there

Apollo has good ancestry

How autistic are you to not realise that people can interpret things on a different emotional level to you? Kill yourself, my dude. Your ma probably cried a fucking waterfall of tears when she realised what kind of an abomination her retarded son turned out to be.

Who saved Apollo from being burned alive anyway? Was it Dhurke?

Probably one of those tasers disguised as lipstick or something. I know a lot of women who keep things of that nature in their purse.

it was godot

>>Dhurke is a Fucking Dragon

The build up about him made me expect a certain attitude from him, but when you finally meet him, he was so down to earth it made the bits where he turned on the intimidation really stand out.

Its far from perfect but no AA is so what it is the point?
It is good.

If you want perfect play Ghost Trick

WHERE'S MUH LOW QUALITY SFM PORN ALREADY?

Turnabout Storyteller sucked dick. It should be in the lowest tier.

>3DS game
>SFM porn

I'm literally too stupid to win Turnabout Holocaust.

xD

>but it was not perfect like people seem to imply
Who here did that?

Every time the same shit.
You say ONE good thing about a game or just that you like it on fucking Cred Forums and that obviously means you think the game is perfect.

Anyone recommend any other good fan cases? I know there's at least a couple decent ones out there

..What? I'm not memeing. How can a case 4 with no investigation be considered good? It was jarring as fuck and had no place being in the game. It felt like another tutorial case all over again.

It's already in mid, the second lowest tier, and it's nowhere near fucking close to being 2-1, 2-3 or 4-3 tier.

What's the meaning of this card?

It definitely feels unfinished somehow

But I like the meat of the trial more than the boring investigation and considering how much fucking investigation there is in the rest of the game and how slow paced the rest of the game is it was a nice addition.

Honestly you would probably hate it even more if there was investigation.

Predictions:

-There's the sibling reveal
-A green lawyer will be added
-Apollo will be tried for murder

that franziska was shellfish

A plot point that'll get finished one day, hopefully.

Really hope they don't add another lawyer, they already have enough characters.

But what's the explanation behind those conclusions

This. Athena was really fucking stretching it with DD but at least she was decent in SoJ. It feels weird now that AJ has way more back story to him than Phoenix does now.

>A green lawyer will be added
Only primary colors are allowed
>Apollo will be tried for murder
Apollo is a good boy, he'll never get in trouble

So since AJ and SoJ essentially end the same way as far as the whole sibling thing goes does that mean they plan to pick up that plot thread again for the next game?
Maybe even bring back Takumi since I think he started that and maybe that is why they haven't addressed it for so long now.

They wouldn't have brought it up again in AA6 if they weren't going to finish it. I imagine it'll be finished in AA7, maybe AA8 if they want to focus on Athena/Phoenix with AA7.

Takumi is shit. DGS and PLVAA proved that. Make way for the new king of AA, based Yamazaki!

This game was mostly written by Fuse though.

So when do we start hating on SoJ? I remember having this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach while playing through DD that the Ace Attorney I loved was dead. However, I never felt that in SoJ. Is it safe to like it now?

Are you supposed to not be able to do anything at Gant's testimony?

>They wouldn't have brought it up again in AA6 if they weren't going to finish it.
Exactly what I was thinking. So it is clearly something they planned since AJ.
I was just wondering if they put it on the back burner since it was Takumi's baby or something.
I don't know how it works for them and if Takumi even wants to return or something.

Source?

Press on every statement and then on the first one again.

We still don't start hating AAI2 so who knows.

I mean it is a good game but there is plenty of shit to hate if you want to hate.

Like those fucking flashbacks.

Nahyuta was at his best during his culture shock moments. I hope he gets a lot more of those moments when he inevitably shows up as the designated guest prosecutor for AA7.

>edgeworth 2 in god tier
I literally dropped it
and the only good part about trials and tribulations was the last case

>muh flashbacks meme
I won't hate agame just because I that one scene between Maya and Rayfa was shown 3 times. It also makes sense to have those because many people pick up the game and may put it down for a few days in between sessions.

Uh I don't know actually, I remember reading some interviews on NE but I can't find them. At the very least Fuse is the co-director.

I don't agree with your opinion on Edgeworth 2, but SoJ is way better than AA3 but people don't admit that because of nostalgia faggotry.

Seriously tho, Oreimo and 2hu have some top tier lewds AND has great refapability.

I hope you enjoy this penalty for wasting the court's time with your unsupported claim

I want a case where the Main Trio splits off due to difference of opinion and have to then face eachother toe-to-toe in court.

But then, I have vague recollections of hearing something similar happening in SoJ and I'm only halfway through the second case now, so maybe I'll get my wish.

Hey you were asking for hate.
And yeah that scene was exactly what came to mind.
>It also makes sense to have those because many people pick up the game and may put it down for a few days in between sessions.
Okay if it is between chapters I am fine with flashbacks. But don't flashback to the same scene every few minutes again.

How about the magic bullshit being through the roof this time and the game abolishing any ties to being in any way grounded or relatable?

This happens in both DD and SoJ

Leave before you get spoiled you fucking idiot.

Darn! (Perhaps I should think more about the things I post on an anonymous image board.)

GRIND THE BUCKWHEAT

ROLL THE DOUGH

BOIL THE NOODLES

F R E S H
R
E
S
H

As I stated before, Inga was a douche but he wasn't a completely terrible person. He spoiled Reyfa a lot and I think there is good reason to believe that he genuinely loved her. He also treated Maya pretty well despite using her for political leverage.

Given that he wanted to overthrow the queen and crush the rebels, I think his main motivation was just establishing a dictatorship. He would probably hold absolute power by using his secret police and by subordinating the Holy Mother after Maya channeled her. But even then his rule probably would have been better than the queen's.

Basically he's like Chiang Kai-Shek or something.

Anyone else think they kinda wasted potential with the Phoenix vs Apollo trial?
Conceptually it was great. I was so hyped when it became clear it would happen but the actual trial was boring.
They only TALKED about how dangerous Phoenix is. It wasn't actually difficult and full of crazy "Turnabouts".

>dropping the best game in the series by fucking far
Jesus, imagine having this shit taste.

I think that was actually meant to be a parody of the usual flashbacks because none of the information in it is useful, it comes off more as Athena desperately trying to not forget how to make soba noodles.

Was that even in any way important? I don't remember using any information from it. Why did they show that so many times?

I disagree, you were actually winning most of the time until Phoenix pulled bullshit out of nowhere that turned everything around, it's just like what going against Phoenix would actually be like.

Paul is just a very shitty murderer

nah, game is shit
worst music, shit characters, shit waifus, shit cases, etc
at least the first one had the BEST OST of the whole franchise but Edgeworth 2 didn't have anything to keep my interest

So you figure it out that it's Udon and not Soba, since you're a filthy forgeiner who doesn't knows shit about true cuisine

>I didn't even bother playing it but here's why it's shit
>MUH WAIFUS
Nah mate, hang yourself.

wow, put spoilers on that shit! You're going to reveal the entire game's plot!

>you will never be cultured enough for Blackquill

I still felt he should be more dangerous.
Maybe you are right and that was the joke. But they talked so much about how dangerous he was and that just didn't fit the actual case.

I find it funny how you point out that T&T Case 5 was the only good part of the game yet evidently didn't bother even getting to case 5 in edgeworth the game 2.

Part of what makes edgeworth 2 good is that all the cases link together.

If I recall correctly, Takumi assumed Daryan was pulling influence to get Machi as the prime suspect of the crime, which is why that argument wouldn't have held up -okay, cool so far. Thing is he completely fucked up at making that clear.

oh also, the chess gimmick was dumb and fucking stupid
>I-IT GETS GOOD AT THE END
nah, fuck off faggot, be glad I played the first 2 cases before deleting the rom

you've already lost by insulting aai2 when it's objectively the best game in the series

fuck outta here

motherfucker got shot 3 times and still made his attacker run away like a bitch just by staring at him

>at least the first one had the BEST OST of the whole franchise but Edgeworth 2 didn't have anything to keep my interest

Lying Coldly is great but Wanting to find the Truth is just as great.
Honestly you can hate on the objectively best game in the series all you want.
The only one who is losing anything through it is you.

What the fuck did you want him to do? This isn't like 2-4 where he was completely convinced Engarde was innocent for half of the case. Nick was very torn up during the Civil Trial.

>He watches Plumed Punisher instead of the superior original

>you lost because you didn't enjoy my shit game

If you only played 2 fucking cases, how can you even know whether there's nothing but shit music, shit characters, shit waifus and fucking shit cases? You barely played half of the game. Hell, you barely played a third. You played a fucking tutorial case and think your opinion is worth shit. Kill yourself, my dudette.

>What the fuck did you want him to do?
I wanted a difficulty spike to reflect the narrative with gameplay

I fucking jumped the first time he did that stare. It was so effective after his "dad" persona had been shoved in your face for the past few hours.

T&T at least had good characters, waifus and OST unlike AAI2 though

user, I know you're trying hard as fuck to seem like a cool hipster but you're robbing yourself of a good experience by being an unbelievably tryhard contrarian. You're the only one losing out here, pal.

>edgeworth about to go on a rant after watching an episode of plumed punisher
still a fanboy at heart

>tfw I wanted to like Nahyuta but ended up feeling pretty meh about him
Gotta admit, there were points where I wished they could put Simon back on the prosecutor's bench. Nahyuta was too no fun allowed for my tastes, barring case 4.

Ace Attorney isn't "difficult" in the traditional sense so what you're saying makes no sense.

I really liked when he removed the glove and said A DRAGON NEVER YIELDS though, but I couldn't help but laugh when I noticed it was fucking Matt Mercer.

Blackquill and Nahyuta having a weeb-off was one of the best parts of the game.

If you had the ability to hire all new VAs for the next game who would be voicing who for each member of the cast?

So you don't think there is varying difficulty in cases? You see no difference comparing the first and last case difficulty wise?

I wanted to be kept on my toes going against my mentor. That was the narrative of the game. I wanted to be challenged. I wasn't.

Is there a game, other than AAI2, where all cases are great?
AA1 only had cases 4 and 5
AA2 only had case 4 I liked the 2nd trial of big top a lot, though
AA3 only had cases 3 and 4
AA4 only had case 4
AAI1 only had cases 4 and 5
DD has cases 4 and 5

I haven't played Layton vs Wright.

Here are the only plausible criticisms I can think of for SoJ:

-the prosecutor is kind of meh. definitely not as great as blackquill.

-the supernatural shit will grate some people, especially those who were not a fan of T&T for the same reason.

-the case 1 reveals the murderer at the start, which I never liked in these games.

-it's dumb how they have a transformation right at the start of the final trial which removes any subtlety as to who the main villain is. Yes I'm aware that they had dropped hints before that, but there's a difference between that and just outright transforming a character into Maleficent.

I have a hard time seeing why people would hate the game otherwise. The new characters were really good. I don't think there was a single witness I disliked. Some of the new characters were some of the best in the game and maybe even series. Standouts included Dhurke, the Bunny twins, Reyfa, Armie and Roger Retinz.

>4-1
>not great

>I-5
>great

>DD DLC
>not great

Do the voices really matter? Outside of the Objections and Hold It, which I do care about, they say all but 3 lines. The only bad voices in SoJ were the typical Matt Mercer pick for Nahyuta and Rayfa's 30+ year old voice for a 14 year old.

>people actually like blackquill
How? How could you read any of his shit and not die of second hand embarrassment?

>MUH EXTRATERRITORIAL RIGHTS
>Not great
SORE WA CHIGAU YO

4-1 was meh. All it did was introduce Apollo as an incompetent asshole who can't do anything for himself. Which stays true for the following 3 goddamn cases.

I-5 was cool, trying to fucking deal with Quercus Alba

DD DLC is DLC.

>the supernatural shit will grate some people, especially those who were not a fan of T&T for the same reason.
I didn't really like how it was handled in T&T despite loving the game. I guess the inclusion of a foreign land made it easier to digest in SoJ.

SILENCE

>pulls out katana

Heh, user-dono, it looks like anata do not understand the glories of the fine nipponese samurai spirit.

>attacks you with hawk

Because he is extremely competent, usually toys with the defense and is a massive weeb

Shit kinda answers itself

>DD DLC is DLC.

And?
It was the best case in the game.

A lot of people expected him to be edge lord supreme but he turned out to be a loveable weeaboo dork. It was a pleasant surprise that caught me off-guard.

It wasn't even in the game, though. It was a separate expansion.

The supernatural shit honestly felt natural in 3-5 and SoJ. It wasn't the focus of the murder case in 3-5 and it helps give the Khu'rain courts a more mystical feel in SoJ. I don't see why shitters make such a fuss about something that's been here since 1-2.

It was the original 4th case they decided to scrap from the main game and sell as DLC

you can say the same for 1-5 which was included on that list

If I haven't played any of the games aside from 1, can I still enjoy Spirit of Justice? I really want to try it out and I'm OK with going back to do rest of series if I like it. Pls do not bully

I don't see why it shouldn't be included. 1-5 was an expansion too.

no idiot

No, release order or bust.

I totally could get behind a weeb prosecutor if the game was mocking his weebness.

But that wasn't the case was it? I had a feeling that DD was telling me "this guy is cool" and I just couldn't take that.

point given. DD, SoJ and AAI2 have the highest ammount of good cases. in the games, then.

AAI2 is way too god-tier not to be localized officially.

Dude is an unapologetic weeb and all the better for it. Also god tier banter.

deep down he's a good guy who has athena's back though.

No, you dim-witted fucking retarded cunt. Play it in order. All the games have cameos from past games that add to the enjoyment of the series. What's the rush?

>being this much of a fucking secondary
Holy shit. Kill yourself.

I think what makes it better is that channeling is given specific rules

>Pls do not bully
You made that really hard

No. Play the fucking games in order.

>But that wasn't the case was it? I had a feeling that DD was telling me "this guy is cool" and I just couldn't take that.
It didn't really do that though. SoJ especially showed that his boner over Japanese culture is mostly a gag. Godot is the "this guy is totally cool guys" prosecutor.

I admit I do cringe internally a little bit whenever I read him referring to other characters with -dono, but the rest of his character is great enough that I couldn't give less of a shit about that in the end.

>Tsundere
>Weeb
>Loves his kohai
>Samurai
>He destroy pussy with his psychology control.

You can but also you'll not get all the reference with some characters. Is better to play it in release order.

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO _HUG

He was hard for me to swallow at first. The whole prison thing, the edgy design and the weeaboo-ness made him really unappealing.

However, he had some great animations and dialogue. Over time he gradually grew on me.

Then SoJ really sold me on him in case 4. He's a total bro. And SoJ's Case 4 totally makes fun of him being a weeb. That whole character trait is played up entirely for laughs.

>DD
Only has DLC and case 5

Oh yeah I liked him a little more in SoJ
Mostly because it was a smaller dose I think.

Yeah he has a very edgy image and background, but in execution he's pretty damn great. He's, ironically, the second most logical prosecutor. Only behind Edgeworth, whose gimmick as this point is to be a rational person.

Who's third most logical? Nahyuta? In between the insults, he was actually pretty cold and logical.

I actually really liked Case 3 of DD.

The characters were really enjoyable and the case had some great moments.

At least that's physically possible since it's been well established that everyone in the AAverse has skulls made out of glass.

Meanwhile in 4-3 it's stated that the murder weapon could dislocate the shoulder of even a trained adult.

me too

I genuinely liked the Phantom as a villain and that case was pretty good overall, but that ending was forced as fuck. May have to do with the Phantom's theme, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=zL678y9iCBM

I'm sorry for asking, I just thought the new setting and stuff would be a good jumping in point that I could then double back from. I will have a lot of time to play them on my bus rides to chemo treatment, so I'll pick up the series from 1 again. I've just gotten bad with following serieses from the beginning. This way i wont miss out on any callbacks though and I'll appreciate return characters. Hope you guys enjoy the new game and rest of the series.

>the typical Matt Mercer pick for Nahyuta

Nothing about that casting choice was "typical"

>All it did was introduce Apollo as an incompetent asshole...
No. 4-1 is legitimately the hypest case in the entire franchise. While 3-5, 1-4, and 2-4 all have better hype moments, the fact that 4-1 is the first case in the game sets the stage for this absolutely fucking BONKERS epic where you find out why everything is so awful. The intrigue surrounding Hobo Phoenix is amazing and having your equivalent to Mia being the culprit is a twist on the level of what you'd expect in the final case of the game.

4-1 is so unbelievably good because it makes you excited for everything that comes next when most of the other hype cases happen right at the end.

You could start here but it's a real disservice to the entire series to do so.

>I just thought the new setting and stuff would be a good jumping in point that I could then double back from

it's also full of spoilers for the rest of the series

Does anyone have the "Died in an underground bunker at 2:00am from blood loss due to being cobblered for several hours" MS paint comic?

I actually agree with you and think it's the best case in that game, as well as the best first case in the series.

The problem is that everything after it sucked for the most part.

Case 4 had its moments though.

Read the thread you nigger

>guy with cancer acts like cancer
It's like poetry

No but really, get well soon lad.

thing is that 4-1 is only hype in hindsight, not during the actual moment. 4-4 is the good one, for utilizing the build up so well. All 4-1 does is make you wish that game was a Phoenix Wright game instead.

I2-3 is in my opinion the hypest case in the franchise because it gives origin to the most important events in the AA continuity. Not to mention the single character with the largest criminal record.

Plus the whole hype from playing with Gregory.

Why didn't Geiru just eat the dumplings herself?

I love ZE, DR and AA and they all have something special about them that makes them great like how ZE has the best atmosphere, overarching plot and twists, DR has the best characters, music and art and AA has the best gameplay.

>All 4-1 does is make you wish that game was a Phoenix Wright game instead.
It doesn't though. All it does is make you wonder what the fuck happened to him to change his characteristics so much. That's something you'd have to observe at a distance. You wouldn't have been able to enjoy it if you were in his head the whole time, controlling his actions.

>ingesting all those dumplings made with the udon dough
Did you notice exactly how many she had to feed to the dog AND THEN BURY?

She could have disposed of the dough in plenty other ways. Why let the dog eat them?

OBJECTION!

Please, Your Honor. Just let me bump the thread one more time...

nevermind she also didn't know it was udon, she thought it was soba for anwhile.

She could have also eaten them with Simon instead of being fucking shady and dumping a mountain of them on her dogs plate while staring at the door.

This is hilarious in hindsight.

What? She knew the killer dough was udon.
She didn't know it was soba when she took the one in the fridge to plaster all over the scene.

This was made after the teaser trailer though. Wasn't really foresight at all.

I'm pretty sure those Captain America threads came before it.

But not this particular one.

I really like how at the end of cases in DR you have to put together a manga detailing how the entire case unfolded. imo that's much better than this mental thought path shit that they've had in the last two AA games, in which you can't really go wrong.

That picture did come from the very first threads that always happen when a new "edit this" thing comes up.