Hey Cred Forums, dumb question...

Hey Cred Forums, dumb question. What would you recommend for a PC gamepad that isn't just a straight up console controller. I'm talking third-party stuff, like Logitech or whatever

>not wanting a straight up console controller
yeah youre right, that is a dumb question youre asking

if you do get a logitech do not get the 310 no matter what

>that isn't just a straight up console controller.
they are shit
just get ps3 controller and install SCP drivers

I have op's pic and I'm leaning towards the xbox one controller. It feels great in hand, has all the buttons you need, triggers can be pressed gradually with a click when fully pressed and has full support on most games.

I have to give props to that logitech controller cause I've had it for almost a decade now and it's still working perfectly but times have changed and I need those triggers to do more thant just being a clicked one.

I wouldn't recommend one. Best controllers with little hassle are xbone or ds4. I use both depending on the day.

I have that controller and it's fine. The d-pad could be better, but I hardly ever use it.

All I know is don't get pic and DS4 is perfect

i have a ps3 controller and it feels kinda slippery during intense matches of rocket league

Why does it HAVE to be third party? Because you want a cheap controller? Because you're allergic to dualshocks and xbox pads?

I don't know about other 3rd party controllers, but all the logitech controllers i've used have had terrible issues with deadzones.

What's a good controller for emulating 2d gba games like kirby where you have to double tap the arrow to dash?

Using an analog for that is fucking hell.

How about literally anything with a d-pad barring the 360 controller

Yeah I was dumb enough to buy a 360 controller instead of the xbox one controller

Fuck my life.

What does the Xbone controller has over the regular 360 controller? Poorfag, need a controller and planning on picking up a 360 because it's cheaper than the alternatives where I live.

The 360 pad is a huge meme, look for alternatives.

Anything with dpad you like works. I use PS1 pad with some $2 adapter.

Better D-Pad

Xbox controllers are best for compatibility and will likely be better than any third party controller that isn't priced well above that of a normal controller.

A functional dpad
>Poorfag, need a controller
Do what I posted above, get any cheap console pad you like, those are common. Then, look for an adapter.

If you're worried about missing the 360 control support, use x360ce.

Xbone controller requires windows 10, be warned.

I think that only revision xbone controllers do. If you can buy a launch window controller, it should work with older versions of Windows.

This is false

Don't be a retard and buy an Xbone pad.

You should really consider getting first party controllers. They're usually as good as it can get whether it's Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft tbqh.

Ergonomically speaking, get the DualShock 4 if you want to play First Person games (but why the fuck would you play FP games with a controller anyways?)

Else, get the Xbox 360/One controller if you're going to play anything else (not sure about fighting and racing games, though).

If you're going to emulate Nintendo games, try to get something with a D-Pad if you're going for NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA or DS; and straight up the GameCube controller for GameCube games. For some reason playing Pikmin on the Dolphin using the Xbox controller felt like shit.

I own the Logitec 310 (the one in the OP) and it's pretty great considering it's not that expensive. Pretty resistant; one of my friends dropped it and it broke, but I put it together and works as new. Its buttons are shit for mashing, though.

Just buy an afterglow 360 controller and never turn on the lights. It's a pretty comfy controller and it uses the 360 drivers.

dis nigga gets it. I think the rock candy ones are pretty OK too

These are surprisingly decent in quality. I've owned one and used it quite a bit, feels practically the same as a legit controller.

Only reason I asked regarding the first party stuff is because I'm on a tight budget and going for less than 40 bucks is the best I can do.

Wait fuck I think I've used that controller before, my friend had one but I could never remember the name of it. Thanks dude.

actual controller definitely feels better but these are fine

Fucking fantastic controller, plus you can pick one up brand new for like 15 bucks., been using the one I have now for almost 5 years now.

Well, what kind of games do you want to play?

Yeah, the slick plastic isn't as good as the slightly rougher texture on the real deal, but the buttons and sticks feel really authentic.

what an awful layout

Don't get pic related. They develop a short in the wiring after a year without fail, and if you manage to work around that the analog stick goes to shit shortly thereafter. Just buy a console controller and get your moneys worth.

I'm getting these mainly for racing and sports. A caveat I have is that I want a decent-ish d-pad, something that's marginally better than 360 at least.

Well shit, I'll definitely look into it. Thanks dude.

>microsoft makes more money off of xbone controllers than they do off the console

I use a knock-off USB Genesis pad.

>needing analog sticks
Absolutely haram.

>mfw Cred Forums has far better taste in peripherals than in games

Yeah I've been using a rock candy one for a year or so and it's probably the best quality for the price range.

The only problem is the sticks are hard plastic, but that's easy to solve with those rubber caps or even duct tape

Hori Fighting Commander.

You need to hook it up to a Windows 10 computer or a Xbone to update the firmware.

>I fell for the xbox 360 is the best controller meme

It's hot garbage for any NES or handheld title

Use a Playstation controller for that shit.

I have both Logitech 710 (wireless grey) and xbox 360, I rather like the later cause is more precise and has much better wireless, 360 eats more battery though, but shouldn't be a problem.

Both last long and is nice to have some change in your hands once in a while.

I must say, the xbone must be better, I would go for that.

I use them mostly for xpadder.

Anyone ever try the Afterglow PS3 one?

I have that one OP, its great, the LT and RT triggers are awesome. It cost me $17. 11/9 would buy again

I had the afterglow wiimote and was no good, I wouldn't go with that. And I had a mario fight pad, just terrible and broke quickly, both from the same brand, so... if you like gaming this much, a cheap feeling controller just screws things up, and it won't last anyway.

Also, the Logi one wireless is very weak, no obstructions nor far distance allowed.

>movie theatres make more money off of drinks and popcorn than tickets

Why is DS4 so ugly-looking? The only thing that looks worse is the 3d Saturn controller.

because that's your opinion

I have that exact one you posted. It is pretty good. A little big for my hands. And I don't like having to switch modes on it for diffrent emulators. But those are its only drawbacks.

This. Best of all worlds. It emulates a 360 controller meaning instant compatibility with almost everything relatively new. But it also has a functional d-pad that wasn't designed by an aborted baby so you can play 2D games properly