Xenoblade thread?

Xenoblade thread?
Just started up again after not having played for several months. I'm totally lost. I need to place more FrontierNavs. I'm supposed to do that at those red beams of light, right? Does every hexagon segment on the map have one? I've been wandering around the same segment for a while but I haven't found one.

No, only the fn hexes have them.

Shit, that explains it.
Thanks user.

If you're legitimately lost, you might consider accessing the manual from the menu.

open the menu in game and read the manual it has lots of information that can otherwise never be known. Also just sort of wander around man. Enjoy the music and the sites. Hang around NLA and talk to people and take quests. More than anything just sort of fuck around and have fun.

There are some lockouts on story content

Ah, the "nu-metal" Xeno game.

Fucking douchebags on Cred Forums spoiled it for me. Something about her being an evil robot or some shit.

Nope. Elma reveals her true identity.

She's actually Chester from Linkin Park. (This was added in at the request of Sawano)

That's way off the mark so if you still want to play unspoiled go do it now before you actually are

No, the true spoiler is everyone from the White Whale is secretly having giant orgies whenever the MC isn't around

Reminder to be nice to your pards because most other party members don't really care about you.

Those light beams are when you look in the world are frontier beacon points. They only have specific squares of the map where you can place them.

Wow, that's a new one. 270 hours in and I have heard a single metal song. But keep on being a newfag, just try to be a little more subtle next time.

So the MC is just a AI, right? He has no human consciousness?

Real, actual spoiler here.

Elma is an envoy from an alien race who came to Earth to forewarn them. This is why they had the kind of technology that allowed the crew of the White Wale to make it to Mira in the first place, not to mention other military technology such as Skells. The bigger reveal is that everyone on the ship are AIs. All of humanity perished when the Earth was destroyed, not just most of them with a few fleeing. The entire crew are simulated intelligences. What's more, the entire section of the Lifehold that governs their AI and allows them to control mimeosomes was destroyed in the landfall event on Mira. One more question left unanswered for the inevitable sequel.

This game is actually incredible. Though the plot is thing throughout the game, the story is pretty interesting when it's actually doing anything. The sense of scale is great, and I actually love the soundtrack even with all its various eccentricities. My only complaint is that it is far too grindy for its own good, and that it made poor use of a silent character when there was no reason to include it other than for a poorly-made multiplayer component that was underutilized anyways. Still, I can't wait for anything more that comes out in the same universe, and I'm left wondering at all of the directions that it can go if it does happen.

I'd say they're not true AIs because their intelligence isn't artificial and can't be augmented. Even Yelv and the MC might be copies of real people.
That's seems to be the dominant theory.

Just popping in to say Hope is the best girl. Always used her on my team.
>inevitable sequel
I think Takahashi said in a recent interview he wants to do something different again, in terms of story even. I'd actually be mad if we didn't get a sequel, especially on that hooded dude and Lao in a new body on the Primordia beach.

Really, if you assumed a direct sequel, it would almost have to be pretty different unless they pulled a Solaris and had half the planet decloak in chapter 1. Mira has been thoroughly explored, and there are already characters working on escaping the magic bubble.

So there's a story mission, but I can't do it yet. Something about not being high enough level. Should I just do basic missions until then? Also how do I know if I'm a high enough level to activate a FrontierNav?

Alexa is the best girl because she's a damage dealing nut.

Hope is borderline useless, Irina is better support.

Hijacking this thread to dump screenshots of a game I haven't touched again in like 6 months (put 200 hours into it though).

>played through the whole game with scuuba gear on my head

More RPG's need fashion armor.

Nav points are always based on mechanical skill, so level that one first.
I'd grab some characters you want hearts with and do normal (question mark) missions or any available affinity missions, but check the board a few times for recruitable characters or other social requests.

>Mira has been thuroughly explored
Then it must be a really tiny-ass planet. There's a whole shitload of ocean blocked off by invisible walls, so for a sequel, they could always go to the other side of the globe to explore some new continents, but the problem of the current Mira is that they'd have to sacrifice the already known locations, either by expanding New LA or copying sections of each continent and blocking the rest off. It'd be lame, but there's no way they could copy-paste all of Noctilum or Oblivia for a XCX2.
Really, I just want to figure out what the fuck was up with the Ghost since they were party 2 responsible for fucking up Earth and bombing the White Whale, on top of fighting the Ganglion.

No actually, she's a robot who is working with Lao and the Ganglion to destroy all humans.

>that big fucking "OFFLINE" in the top corner
I hate online multiplayer in JRPGs.

Yeah that was a hurdle to get over. It kind of fades out of your mind after a while.

A possible workaround could be something like sending you off on a long-term mission to newly discovered continents on the other side of the world and not letting you physically go back to NLA.
Then you could do an elaborate Colony 6 and construct the entire hub city out of Miran ice cabbage and beans.

I doubt they made artwork of the entire planet and have the game look nothing like it.

X was probably the new attempt at perfect works episode 1.

Didn't Takahashi say this was the most writing he ever done for a game?
I doubt that was all of it.

So like, is there more than two Telethia, or is it just the Ruler of Fate and the one online one? Were there High Entia on Mira? What about the Yggraliths? They got lore as planet-destroyers, and there's only just one chilling in Sylvalum?
It just bugs the shit out of me that the one Telethia shows up for one cutscene and one affinity mission and that's it, even if it's just a Xenoblade Chronicles nod.

>All those materials needed for Arts:TP Gain XX augments
Hold me bros

>32 of relatively easy drops to get

It's nothing.

If you believe the world is the old Xenoblade world, they would have merged with homs and possibly machina before eventually fucking off to space.

Or better yet, play a better more better designed game.

Can someone explain how the global nemesis spoils work?

Trade for tickets to buy mats you want. Don't bother saving them for the end of the cycle. That's a gamble that isn't really worth it.

Gamble for what?

A random part will turn into a more valuable trade item, but the others turn to garbage, so just trade in your ultrafauna scraps whenever you finish a round of farming.
I assume you already know about farming blade medals.

You fight the nemesis and have to wear down his basically infinite amount of health bars and break off his appendages.

Appendages can be swapped for reward tickets to get what you need. Don't hold onto them until the nemesis is gone, it's not worth it.

The number of health bars you take off, I think it's called RP, guarantees certain rewards when the nemesis is gone. Taking off more than that doesn't get you anything more but it does contribute to defeating the nemesis.

I hope he's still alive by the time I get home

>Division spoils await
>Scout rewards await

wat do

Get both?

H-how?

Claim division spoils at the console in the barracks
Claim scout rewards at the console next to the mission board at the blade concourse

thx bb