About to play this game for the first time since release. Any required mods for the best experience?

About to play this game for the first time since release. Any required mods for the best experience?

>mods

u dont need the mods but theres some really cool ones

i belive theres a multiplayer mod and a HD one

Already beat vanilla. Just looking for something to fix the bugs and maybe make it more enjoyable.
Any names or is it just Diablo HD?

No mod
Pick warrior class and a shield
Max your dex asap
Enjoy the smooth sailing

i loved the game as a kid but it aged like milk desu

i tried playing the beelzebub mod or whatever it was called but nah it's just not fun to play that game in 2016

>mods
>this generation and their training wheels

IDK

also pick the mage for the most fun

>first time
>already beat it

get the expansion pack so you can run in town otherwise it gets a bit annoying

>i can't read

thanks for letting us know

I think the development of the genre into bland loot vending machines has only made Diablo 1 seem better

>I can't read
kek
What does that mod even do?
I was thinking of trying it. Heard it was complete ass though.

Not OP but user says he didnt played it since release, wich implies that he played it at release.

Get Beelzebub. New enemies, items, areas, quests, bugfixes, the lot.

I played it like a year ago and I was scared it would be horrible and it would ruin the memories...but the fucker just shits all over d2 and especially d3 and I played it for weeks non stop.

It's the alpha and omega of it's genre.

>It's the alpha and omega of it's genre.
i agree

while d2 and even d3 did some cool things

nothing beats the original.

i think id compare diablo to the back to the future trilogy in terms of enjoyment

Played it not too long ago. Still great fun. And nothing beats the atmosphere.

Is that guy holding magma?
How is he holding magma? Shouldn't he be screaming in pain as his arm melts off?

Guess I'll give it a try. Is hellfire not worth playing first?

ur gunna need the mods "of the sky" and "of apocolypse", "of the stars" pretty good mods

look at his face, he is literally screaming in pain

>BUY WAR II
>NATALIE PORT MAN ROCKS

I didn't even know you could even still find Diablo anywhere, it's fucking ancient.

Playing the original Diablo will basically make you appreciate how far ARPG has come in the last 20 years.

Also my dad works at Blizzard North and said there IS a cow level, but nobody ever figured out the trick to opening it ;)

Nah. It just makes me disappointed in how things changed. I miss not being able to farm or grind. You basically had to make things work in this game.

Diablo 1 is still the only game in the genre I really like

Atmosphere was GOAT. D2 is kind of a letdown in this field.

Agreed. It had one of the best atmosphere in an ARPG.