SFV THREAD

So can we actually take a moment to talk about the game itself now? How is everyone liking Urien?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/d200zTrp
youtube.com/watch?v=pBU6ANq5pV8
steamcommunity.com/id/nezs/home
youtube.com/watch?v=I3J8fA9yMoo
twitter.com/Bill307_ca/status/779498630642339844
eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/24/street-fighter-5-has-average-input-lag-65-now-according-display-lags-initial-draft-test/
youtube.com/watch?v=65UsYfeqb9o
youtube.com/watch?v=_8Lali09zyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't care, still waiting for Sakura.

Welcome to NEVER EVER land. You can take your seat next to the Ingridposters.

>virus installer
no thanks but let's talk about juri's toes instead

>Sakura
>never ever
Don't be retarded.

i just want cody in

How is everyone on PC enjoy the ROOTKIT? HAHAHAHAHHAHAH FUCKING CAPCOM

Fei Long when?

I don't know yet, but he seems to be suffering from DLCitis: he has to work harder for damage than he should.

A new meme for shitposters. Great.

WHERE ARE MAKOTO AND C VIPER

where they belong

C.Viper shows up in so many character stories I would be surprised if she wasn't a season 2 character.

>new meme
>it's suddenly ok for us to brush the fact that they THOUGHT they could get away with letting a fucking ROOTKIT and only took action because it was universally slammed by everyone
>they put a rootkit in before putting keyboard config and offical controller/stick support
>i-it's just shitposting!!!
capcucks are truly disgusting

I wish she didn't play like shit

in good games?

SFIV And Bloody Roar don't belong in any top tier rankings

>How is everyone liking Urien?

I'm loving that very few people know that Aegis Reflector is a very good anti air if spaced correctly so I'm free to jump on him

>idontactuallyplayfightinggames.jpg

>Was waiting till the weekend to download update.
>See all the stories.

HAHA! Fuck Capcom.

>Look mom, I posted it again!

>garou, a game in which NO ONE has played
>putting in the mess that was alpha 3 before alpha 2
>putting USF4 anywhere near top tier
im sure you want to see elena and e.ryu matches again

HOW DO I DELETE THE ROOTKIT HEEEAAAALLLLLLLP

Makoto when?

Alpha 3 shits on 2 user

>Game has been "simplified for a wider audience" aka casuals who just want to mash buttons
>Slow as shit movement and walk speed
>Huge floaty jumps with next to no horizontal range
>Tiny ranged normal's
>Tiny hitboxes on everything
>Normal's have a shitty priority system
>Throws are slow as shit with no range
>Links are gone and combos are now mashable
>Huge buffer window
>No close standing attacks
>No neutral jump attacks
>Dizzy making people fall out of combos
>Game is full of comeback mechanics desinged to "lower the effectivness of player skill"
>Only super can chip kill
>V-Trigger a huge universal buff you get as a rewarded for losing
>V-Reverasl a get out of jail free you are rewarded with for losing
>Receve less damage the less health you have
>Worst roster in a street fighter game to date fan favorites replaced with characters no one wanted like birdie and rmika
>Risk/Reward is skewed due to high damage from jump ins yet pitifully low damage on anti airs and how you can no longer get large damage punishes from a jab
>Huge amounts input lag
>Constant fps loss on ps4 and high end PC's
>Random input drops
>Dumbed down mechanics
>Top players already saying the game is casual garbage
>P2W
>Game literally released in an unfinished state
>Online doesn't work correctly
>No punishment for rage quitters
>lobbies that dont even work most of the time with no flags or ping
>8 frames of input lag
>installs malicious rootkits that destroy your PC and grant unauthorized access to your machine

>PC players mod in free FM
>PC players mod in DLC characters early
>Even playing them online
>Capcom tries to prevent it from ever happening again
>PC players throw a colossal temper tantrum

Don't get me wrong, the fact that it was a ROOTKIT is hilarious. That part boils down to nothing other than Capcom incompetence if they thought that was the best solution, but you guys are morons if you think that you didn't bring it on yourselves.

Based on what Capcom has revealed so far through story mode, who do you think is coming on the second season?

My guesses are
Abel
C. Viper
Twelve
and at least one newcomer or heavily remade character like Nash

The lack of tackle juggles leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

>abel
>twelve
You are really shit at guessing. Viper might return.

Who else here waiting for tekken 7 to stomp the "competition"

I soon get to drink 2DFighterCuck tears

The fact that one of those missions was based around "finding" her it seems likely that Sakura will be in too.

Ono said something about "don't wait on the characters are most expecting" so I would say "fan favorites" such as Sagat and Sakura not coming back at least in this season

Since they got Karin from whoever was the original designer for her and some Blaire White art was made for SFV, I wouldn't be completely surprised by an EX character returning

>Twelve

Sean, hopefully with his sf3 costume though

Urien is fun. Kind of don't like the frame startup on most moves, but what are you gonna do about it, he's not ryu.

Urien's story mode has him destroying a thing on a lab because it didn't work, and it was labeled "Eleven"

Could be just a reference but could also be Twelve, since Ono said to expect the unexpected

I heard Urien was shit.

I was going to return to SF5 when he launched but if he's so terrible I feel like it will be for naught.

Cred Forums, inspire me to play again.

Twelve was the best SF3 character. People just hate him because he was low tier.

>Ono said expect the unexpected
So it's the most obvious characters ever. Ono is a cunt like that.

Anyone from Rival Schools would make me actually pay for it in cash

After Tiffany and Hinata appeared in Kanzuki Beach I've been dreaming about playing Kyosuke or Batsu again

He's not as good as 3s but he's probably the best of the DLC characters next to guile. If you wanted a better 3s urien, just play 3S. Honestly, urien isn't going to save this game.

he's fun. really happy they put in the banana hammock as a little secret thing

>I didn't even do that shit.

Well thanks. Guess I should have.

Why do people that bitch about SFV don't actually go play something else? KoFXIV is here, Revelator is here, Central Fiction is dropping next month, just go play something else

I think most DLC characters are mid tier because Capcom is really scared of making another Super Yun Fighter: China Edition

>only want colors for certain characters
>Capcom sells EVERY color, for almost as much as a character

nope

(you)

Bitching about SFV is the new cool thing to do

Before SFV, when you got dunked on playing USF4 or whatever, you couldn't blame anything, right now if you get destroyed on SFV, you can blame the seven frames of lag (even though most games had 4~5), the balance (even though almost half of the cast is viable) or how Capcom fucked up the launch of the game (which is a valid complaint even though NR and SNK also have awful launches)

start pc up in safe mode
delete capcom.sys in system32 folder
Dont play again until its fixed

because it's STREET FIGHTER
street fighter doesn't deserve this but capcom has tainted it and it's not going to come back anytime soon which is a shame because even though most people say they don't like the gameplay, I've had a lot of fun with it.

but yes we should all play kof instead it's a good game

what the FUCK capbros? why are these TROLLS attacking our GAME?

>Alpha 2
>Better than Alpha 3

Almost like you could get them for free or something

Oh, I don't know how to play Urien, he just looked fun.

Fuck doing 100 fights in Survival.

It's already fixed, though

I think SFV has some legitimate problems but otherwise it's just the good old first year where people just bitch about whatever. I still remember SF4's launch

>wtf they get a free ultra when they are losing??
>where's the parry??
>why is this game so slow??
>shit roster!
>GFWL!
etc etc

>im sure you want to see elena and e.ryu matches again
Elena won nothing and was hardly even used. go be retarded somewhere else.

Well, if you enjoy playing sf5 and are willing to give him a shot, urien is super fun. Most of the dlc characters have been good in their own way (I wish juri was stronger though).

Lmfao get the fuck out pleb

100 fight survival only gives a title, user. 50 is a pain in the balls, but you literally have a free option to get what has always been paid DLC. As someone who never spent money on cosmetics, I'm all for it

I'm really enjoying that the DLC has given me more characters that are arguably lower tier than my main. Until the post CapCup patch puts me back in bottom 5 again, anyways

>100 fights
But 50 unlocks the last colors
And you can mash whatever DP you have to unlock the colors
I got Mika's by doing roundhouse only

>I will never be good with a character other than Ken

Why?

>Tier lists

Is it?
I still have the file on mine

>not as hardcore as me
>stop playing my game

Why are people like this?

So are Juri and Ibuki ever going to get a buff or nah?

Huh, I don't think I'll mind that then. I know I got buttmad after failing at 29 wins for her Normal Survival.

anti cheat gets to the line of being super invasive really fast. All major companies have done something like it. ESEA installed a bitcoin miner, Blizzard got sued over how aggressive their anti-cheat was.

because youre not practicing enough???

Tekken will never be anywhere near as good as Street Fighter, whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

If KOF had street fighter jumping it would be perfect, the different jumps make it inconsistent, especially on a stick which is needed to do the advanced combos consistently.

So close yet so far.

I almost don't want to see sakura because she's going to be a far cry from what she was in 4 and more than likely low tier because lol DLC character.

Where is my Hugo capcom???
you can´t make a FG whitout the number one

Everyone gets ridiculous damage from nothing. And my character, Ryu is one of the worst offenders. I mean, the execution in this game is really freaking easy compared to almost any other fighting game I've played. You can hit really stupid easy combos and do over half health with damn near anyone in the game. It's like the skill ceiling for doing max damage (or close to max) is ridiculously low.

Let's take a look at some examples.

1) Ryu vs. Mika - I do a sweep and Mika blocks it. Now all she has to do is the rope throw attack for free. I bounce off the wall, she does a charged heavy kick, then does ex peach, and now I've been carried half way across the screen into the corner and lost 30%+ hp. Devastating. None of what she did was hard to do. 0 links. Extremely easy execution. And bam, I'm fucked six ways from sunday.

2) Ryu vs. Mika - Vice versa, I do a random towards fierce with ryu. It hits Mika, I got all the time in the world to see that button hit, confirm it, and then I just mash DP and it also will automatically cancel into CA if I just keep mashing. That will do like 55 fucking percent health to Mika. ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATING. All I had to do was throw out a random toward fierce, and if I hit, I mash DP for 55% free damage. So hard.

3) Dictator in v-trigger vs. anyone - His specials cancel into other fucking specials. Do I need to say any more? If he lands a random scissor kick, he can just cancel it into the devil flame shit and he can even EX stomp afterwards and it all combos. Like 40% health, extremely easy to do, and you get it from throwing random shit out.

4) Boxer in v-trigger vs anyone - When I first saw this... I thought, "Wow. That is the most fucking retarded thing I've seen with boxer in any game he's ever been in." While in v-trigger, you can do random ex dash low's... and then combo them into shit loads of more dash punches and shove someone FULL SCREEN INTO THE OPPOSITE CORNER doing like 30-40% damage. Off of a random EX low dash punch... With the 8 frames of input lag, you can't react and block it. You have to constantly be blocking low in case he does it. Otherwise you're pushed into the corner and lost a massive chunk of health.

5) Guile vs. anyone - Throw out a random button, cancel it into v-trigger. Did it hit? Okay just hit them with another button and cancel that into boom. Now just press punch repeatedly to hit them with a shit ton of more booms. Not hard to do at all. Got CA? Well yeah, of course you can combo critical art after hitting someone with a shit ton of booms already. Congrats on the 50%+ damage you did. Was really hard to do with all 0 of those links you hit.

You need to remove the file manually because capcom is just so fucking incompetent and even after the fucking rollback fix the game put itself in a loop where if i opened it it would open and close itself about 40 times before actually launching and staying open.

With having almost every "link" in this game effectively a 3 framer, combos that DO have links are easy as fuck too. Having that buffer window for linking was a mistake I think.

Another big problem is that none of the critical arts will scale below 50% damage. Did you just do any insanely big boom loop with Guile? Damn that ones actually a somewhat hard combo. You got like 20+ hits on him. Oh now you're canceling into CA? Let's bump that 10% scaling back up to 50% so you can rape this guy's health even further ;)

And don't even get me started on the random "throw a button out and cancel it with v-trigger" tactics. You can do random sweeps, punches, and unsafe combo's. If they hit and you cancel into v-trigger... INSANE DAMAGE ONCE AGAIN! AND YOU HAVE TO DO LIKE 0 LINKS OR ANYTHING HARD TO GET INSANE DAMAGE! EASY FREE! :D I mean I play Ryu and if I do a random sweep crush counter and cancel v-trigger, I get a fucking unblockable setup. What the fuck.

Everyone in this game can cancel into critical art in a million different ways. It's stupid. They even let you combo into command throws for crying out loud. Why can zangief combo into his CA from a headbutt? Cause everyone else can combo into CA from damn near anything.

>1) wow I got punished by throwing out an unsafe move? what the fuck capcom this is broken

>2) wow I hit his telegraphed attack and then spent all my meter for 50% damage, what the fuck??

Because they rolled it back within 24 hours makes me think they expected it to become a problem to begin with. But the fact that they did it to begin with really makes it look like they were hoping on a chance that they could slip it in and nobody would ever notice.

Now after all the complaining about how easy it is to do insane damage, let's compare the above situations to street fighter 4. While street fighter 4 isn't the best fighting game ever, it really rewards people for knowing heavy execution with being able to do high damage combos. Aren't very good with execution? That's fine, you just won't be able to do very high damage when you punish.

1) Someone blocks Ryu's sweep. Most of the time, they will just get a free counter sweep. Very rarely will someone in street fighter 4 be able to get much more than that without having to spend meter. And that's what I really liked about street fighter 4. The resource management was arguably a lot better.

2) I hit someone with a random toward fierce. Yeah I can still mash and cancel into super, but it does NOT do 55% health. I can do a lot more damage though if I do something that's a lot harder. I have to do a really tight link into crouching fierce and then FADC it into Ultra, if I have ultra. Now that's actually a moderately difficult thing to do. I can see how a player should be awarded for being able to do that execution. Does great damage, but it's also hard to do. A person who just started playing SFV could learn to toward fierce and mash DP into CA in no time. It's so stupidly easy to do. Go ask someone who's never played street fighter and ask them to toward fierce, cr fierce, fadc into ultra with ryu in SFIV. Good fucking luck.

I bought all the cosmetic shit for SF4 because they were reasonably priced for the amount of content you got esp if you bought the bundles. They went full retard with the prices in 5 and on top of that you didn't even get all the fucking colors till this last patch.

C. Viper
Sakura
Oro
Gouken
Abel
Sean/Twelve
Guaranteed.

>Dream season 2
Dudley
Oro
Hugo
Eagle
Sakura
Akuma

>Who it will probably be
C. Viper
Decapre
Oro
Abel
Twelve
Sean

I sure hope I am wrong.

>Dream season 2
T. Hawk
Sagat
Fei Long
E. Honda
Yun and Yang simultaneous release

>Will probably be
this

I hope some major changes happen soon and they better not be fucking nerfs. There will only be nerfs though, calling it now.

Discussing relative character strengths in terms of tiers is just convenient shorthand. Like how in USF4, you could easily call Dan a low tier character instead of specifying weaknesses and bad matchups that your audience likely already knows. While every individual "tier list" will vary, the idea of discussing where characters sit relative to the rest of the cast is far simpler like this.

tl;dr, stop being triggered by common words because someone told you tiers only matter at high level.

Where's Smash?

>season 2 balance changes
>Chun, Ryu, Ken, and Necalli all get nerfs
>Zangief's bear hug is faster now
>that's it

People are so easily triggered by the idea that their character might be "bad" when it's really covering up their shortcomings as a player. Characters' placement on tiers is based on their maximum potential, and it's impossible for any player to be using their characters' tools 100% effectively all the time. In the end, it still all comes down to skill.

As Zangief, how do you deal with retarded Rashid players? This shit is worse than fighting Blanka.

>8 frames
>literal malware on pc
I think I'll stick to Melee.

Malware thing is no longer true
Source: I'm one of the 6 people in this thread who actually own the game.

It's either that or "wow I only lost because x is OP"

Mika will be nerfed because of that mentality. Compared to the rest of the game's good fighters, she has way less options and buttons, the only thing she has going for her is her damage, so you either need to be super solid like Fuudo or good at completely tilting your opponent like NuckleDu to be able to use her, meanwhile people let her jump in 4 times in a row for free and go "wow I only lost because Mika is broken"

Urien doesn't feel like Urien anymore. He plays so much slower (then again SFV plays slower than Third Strike)

where the fuck is the urien lobby?

It's because people see mistake "this character is low tier, so I might have to play a bit better than I would with another character to win" for "this character is low tier, and I am going to lose because of it."

Realistically, I'm a Bison player, and I know this character has a lot of flaws, but doods like Tampa Bison prove the character is still viable, even at high level. Losing is always on you, regardless of tiers.

>The Season 2 predictions ITT
>No one has speculated Ed, who is guaranteed

Whatever else happens, Ed is becoming playable because he's going to have a big part in the story going forward (I speculate he'll be the one to off Gill permanently), and he has a definite spot in Season 2.

NO MAKOTO NO BUY

>still no version that lists uniel

I think the bigger problem regarding Ryu is that he builds meter too quickly and has no reason to spend meter in most matchups.

How often do you see any Ryus use ex Shoryu or Tatsu? It's very rare to see outside of maybe spending a bar to tack on some extra damage/stun in a combo.

Take Guile on the other hand. He's meter hungry as fuck, especially in this game now because he doesn't have invincible meterless flash kicks. AND he builds meter more slowly.

This is just one thing that makes the character ridiculous though. His Makoto-esque forward dash combined with the high input lag, as well as the high priority on some of his jump-ins are also issues you'll face when fighting your average rushdown Ryu.

don't some Cred Forums folk usually make lobbies on fridays?

Or you could just, y'know, practice, and it wouldn't be so inconsistent. Not to mention entire continents learned KoF on old arcade cabinets, so I have no idea why you think that would be a barrier to entry. Harder to reliably jump on a pad than anything.

She's way better than 4.

I wish ibuki was playable

SvC would be a tier higher if SNK wasn't retarded and made boss characters playable.

Ingrid is the only guaranteed one, with Abel being very possible. C.Viper appears in alot of things but wasn't featured in the actual Story Mode, so I'm a bit doubtful she will be until maybe Season 3. Wouldn't be too surprising if she is in Season 2 though, don't get me wrong there.

>Ingrid
>Guaranteed

Source that or you're just a delirious waifuposter.

>Ingrid is the only guaranteed one
Ingrid is never ever coming

>Ingrid
>guaranteed

Capcom have put themselves into a position where they can't simply starve off DLC and need to get full game sales. While the very vast majority of characters will simply be appealing to those who already have the game, Ingrid is different in that her appeal is focused towards an entirely different one who are known for being willing to spend alot of money on singular franchises for having a character that they like.

Because of this, Ingrid is guaranteed to become a playable character, as it's the only real solution that's available for bringing a wave of actual positive attention towards the game from those who aren't already into it. Her design and personality has already been gauged properly in terms of popularity through her two appearances in not so high-profile releases, that despite not being mainline games, still kept her high in the popularity rankings in Japan.

She's obviously going to be released in Season 2 because of this. While I don't insist that you believe me, I simply don't want you to end up being delusional and then proven wrong when it happens. Everything is directly pointing towards her becoming a playable addition, so it'd just be false to claim that she isn't going to be.

>Makoto-esque forward dash
Is there any design reason why almost everyone has a good-amazing dash? I can't think of many characters with a notably bad dash.

It'd be kind of a shame if someone known for a lightning-fast dash like Makoto or something like that got in and stopped being special because those tools are so common now.

Boyo, your ideas that Ingrid is an appealing character with a magnetic personality that will drive sales is nothing but confirmation bias because she's your waifu. There are long-time fans of the series who don't even remember who she is save for the fact that she's shilled by a handful of her fans all the time.

I'd say they would basically have to make makoto's dash some instant transmission shit but bison already has that on lock.

>platinum the game about a month ago
>end up taking a break from playing because I was playing Deus Ex, and then Ace Attorney 6 afterwards
>finally start playing SFV because of the Urien update
>end up going through my usual DLC routine of doing their demonstrations, trials, story, and easy + normal Survival with Urien
>jump online for casuals
>literally every match was a laggy unplayable mess

fug I just wanted to play some Street Fighter

>There are long-time fans of the series who don't even remember who she is
The point is that her appeal isn't to simply draw in old fans, but to draw in a new audience as they need to get full game sales rather than that. Capcom are in no position to simply release content for those who are already into the franchise, and because of that, a character who's design and personality that is a confirmed recipe for success is inevitably going to be added.

She has scored extremely high in the popularity poll despite her incredibly minimal exposure, meaning that a mainline installment having her presence will naturally garner even more attention and success.

Dashes seem better than they are because of 8f
4f really does make a difference when it comes to reacting to shit like 15-17 f dashes.

>Ingrid is different in that her appeal is focused towards an entirely different one who are known for being willing to spend alot of money on singular franchises for having a character that they like.
>Because of this, Ingrid is guaranteed to become a playable character, as it's the only real solution that's available for bringing a wave of actual positive attention towards the game from those who aren't already into it
>She's obviously going to be released in Season 2 because of this. While I don't insist that you believe me, I simply don't want you to end up being delusional and then proven wrong when it happens.
>Capcom are in no position to simply release content for those who are already into the franchise
>Capcom are in no position
>Capcom are

I should just read your posts instead of playing SFV. It's way more entertaining.

the following characters have been mentioned or showed up in SFV so far:
>C. Viper
>Sakura
>Sagat
>Fei Long
>Abel
>Sean

Do you just copy and paste the responses now?

I always write them up individually. People just ask the same questions so I often give answers that just sound the same.

>Its another "can't beat Karin/Necalli/Ryu/Chun/Nash" character

I'd even go as far as to say even Dhalsim can beat this fuck free. The most fun characters in this no fun allowed shitty fightan are also the trashiest. Good job Cuckcom.

God damn Armageddon was so fucking bad, but it had a lot of good potential.
Maybe it's because deception raised a bar that was already rock bottom from deadly alliance

i wonder if the ingrid autist will kill himself when the next set of characters is revealed and doesnt include her

seriously man, ingrid is a literally who and doesnt have anything going for her. there's dozens of characters left that have a higher chance of getting into SFV, notably the missing fighters from SF2, a bunch of dudes from third strike, and half the cast of USF4. your waifu is an irrelevant nobody, and even annoying fucks like el fuerte and hakan are more likely to get into SFV than her.

>ingrid is a literally who
That is not true whatsoever, seeing as how she ranked high in the japanese popularity poll despite it having been a long time since she had gotten any proper exposure. I've already explained why classic characters who would be more appealing to the current playerbase are not as profitable. Ingrid fully embodies tropes that are considered highly popular in an audience that's willing to spend money just for her, and because of that she's going to be added into the game.

Everytime even the smallest thing is mentioned by officials concerning her, even when it was just the Capcom article thing, she draws in a ton of attention. The very vast majority of it is positive by the japanese audience, and then mixed in the west. A very vocal audience dislike her, but there is an even bigger that feel that her inclusion is positive. The difference is, that people won't stop playing because of her being added, but more people will actually start playing because of it.

Ingrid is a guaranteed pick for Season 2, so I don't really know why people are deluding themselves otherwise.

>The point is that her appeal isn't to simply draw in old fans, but to draw in a new audience

mate if you seriously believe that generic cute girl #224 will somehow draw in heaps of new customers for capcom, you are seriously out of touch with reality

>Twelve
you fuckface

Oro
Viper
Akuma
School Girls character
Abel

are the most likely candidates so far

She isn't just some "generic cute girl". While she definitely embodies several popular tropes, her main appeal lies in that it's heavily different from the others within her franchise, making her stand out due to the gap in personality and just general looks. Despite Karin in SFV drawing influence from her design, they still have a completely different type of atmosphere to them, and that mainly comes from the fact that Ingrid is a character who purely appeals to that type.

She is going to be drawing in a ton of new players, moreso than any other possible addition into the game. Because of the possible naysayers, she wasn't exactly an optimal pick at the start, but because of the game having turned out the way it is, she is the most efficient way for Capcom to draw in a proper audience despite their failures. Ingrid is set to be in Season 2, and either the first or last character to be so solely because of her extreme appeal.

Decapre. I'm not a fan of her combat design in this game (and fuck, no "drop it" ) but she is kinda done in the story mode, she just need some polishing and she is good to go.

I'm just wanting my main man back.

Ken is dumb.
Mika is retarded.
Gief is garbage.
Ryu doesn't play like he should.
Nash has too many tools.
Sim is brainless.
Urien is pretty tight but RIP crmk.

Anything else?

Decapre
C. Viper
Fei Long
Heihachi

I just want my Dudley. Feels like now that Balrog is already released we won't get him though. Shame.

>ingrid is a literally who
>"That is not true whatsoever"
>her only appearances were in a "literally what" game and a port

How's Balrog

C. Viper
Decapre
Ed
Necro
Sakura
Some School Rumble character

How would they differentiate him from Karin?

Fun. Probably the most properly balanced character in the game. He's basically SF4 Balrog plus SF3 Dudley. Strong offense but a weak defense.

>School Rumble

You mean Rival Schools ? Please, yes, I want my man Batsu or that Milf nurse playable.

>Dissing Garou because it isn't popular
Kill yourself fag.

strong offense, good high/low mixup game, ridiculous combos in v-trigger

And despite her being so minor, her popularity is incredibly notable. Getting top 5 in the overall popularity rankings out of every character whom have appeared in any Street Fighter game, in Japan no less, is an incredible testament to how successful of a character she is. While the games she comes from clearly are not, that's because they suffered from mechanical or graphical issues, or in SFA3Ms case, service issues such as being on the PSP of all things.

There is no way to define her as anything but a success when her origin and appearances have been so minor, yet she places so extremely high in popularity.

>Some School Rumble character
I hope is Harima Kenji

>weak defense
>can get amazing combos off wakeup jab
>fantastic anti air

Not saying he's the best but he has good defense too. His weakness comes from how risky a lot of his stuff is to whiff.

He's not worth the struggle, believe me.
Switch to either Birdie, Mika or Alex, they are way better grapplers

With people constantly asking her what she can do, it wouldn't serve as a surprise if pic related gets added in.

Aside from a command dash, they're not really the same. Karin is about the mid-range and the tick throw game. Dudley is about getting in and pooping on people with corner 50/50s into huge damage. They'd have a harder time differentiating him from Balrog than they would Karin.
>wakeup jab still takes 3 frames to start up
>gets barely 200 max dmg off of it with meter
Aside from stmp, his defense is shit.
No invincible reversal at all, no invincible AA, and his armored move still takes 3f to get the armor effect. His defense is just as awful as Birdie's.

hes pretty fucking strong.

Game keeps looping at launch, fucking hell.

>implying people can consistently meaty 3f jabbers
>can eat a decent chunk of damage and kill momentum with one bar if they fuck up

I agree his special move options as reversal do suck dick though

I'm loving this game. been on board since the day Karin was announced. My only wish is that there is a 2nd season of characters, and that they bring back Cody.

Nah.

I had this issue as well, what fixed it for me was turning off compatibility mode and not running as admin after trying to get the game to work after the busted patch.

they already confirmed season 2

>liking karin after sfv

gross

>implying good players can't
>implying Balrog can consistently get anything off of it due to babby range on it
Once I get a Balrog down, they're basically fucked, just like Birdies.

Enough of Ingridfags delusion, where are the

LOBBIES

make one faggot

I like more the new KO stages.

>>implying people can consistently meaty 3f jabbers

yes they can, and it's not exactly hard either. wakeup jab is not a good idea at all, even if you can convert it into 200 damage - most meaties convert into more than that even without spending meter, and they will straight up beat your jab most of the time.

It depends on the game. Tiers are not equal across games.

A top tier character in one game can completely carry a player, but a top tier in another might not be that much better than the others.

>new patch finally gave me all my colors

Haha no, he's just above Zangief and FANG. His light attacks are too slow, no cross up, V Skill takes way too long to activate to be useful, V Trigger combos have too much scaling, lol can't cancel Cr.MK anymore, weak anti airs

CFN: Chunnilingus
3 rounds
FT 1
PW is 1119
"If it's to win, anything goes"

Found the tard.
His lights are 4 and 5 frames depending on which one. All his buttons have good frame data. Most of his specials are safe or can be made safe by spacing properly. His only real downfall is having no crossup and his weak AA game, which can be circumvented with jump forward, roundhouse, and strong. He's B-tier material at worst with potential to be A-tier because of his godlike CCs, tickthrow game, OTGs, and general buttons.
And it doesn't matter how long it takes his V-Skill to activate, he keeps it until he does a charge special.

Now that uriens in he can finally replace necalli as my main.

Would you?

>CFN: Chunnilingus
Oh I remember you, long time no see you, also I cant find your lobby, can you invite me? my CFN is Demoncrest

>get stick
>can't even do a DP consistently
yikes

don't forget his horrible backdash, seriously who the fuck approved of that thing?

cant find the lobby
neither your cfn nor the message show up in the list at all

How about now?

Garou was pretty popular in the 90s

Not main stream popular but a lot of people used to play it. I played it on Dreamcast, arcade and later emulator.

Amazing game, interesting characters, almost perfect balance and lots of fun.

Shame it never went well with normies, but it was released during the decline of 2d gaming and on a console that was dead (dreamcast)

There are two parts to a dp
>tap right/left then release to neutral
>tap down and push to downleft/right

practice both individually and slowly then increase speed until you mesh both motions into one smooth manipulation

Is your game installed on the same drive as steam or the OS?

Or just wiggle between down forward and down back cause lol shortcuts.

Steam and my OS are on the same drive but I have sf5 installed on a different drive.

>Season 2 Dream Team
T. Hawk
Sagat
Fei Long
Cody
The Twins

>want to join Cred Forums SFV lobbies
>they're full of NA players
>EU/NA matches are borderline unplayable due to massive lag/rollback

this sucks

I'd play Garou just for Terry's new digs.

But then, I don't know anyone who'd play Garou today.

weel I need more practice with Fang

you know, I've been playing this character all day
I still don't know what the fuck Urien does
what the fuck does Urien do?

Poke and CC setups until Vtrigger. Then go to the club

Didn't work, thanks anyway.
Now I'm beginning to question whether I do have the loop crash.
Game launches past Capcom Logo than CTDs with no error.

>mfw I try to outpoke Urien as Birdie
Thats not supposed to be happening.
I am the king of pokes.

>Almost perfect balance when Kevin and King of Shit Tizoc exist

Man the dmg of fang need some serious buffs

Man I feel like some of my buttons are just not coming out.

You that Nash?

Waifufags are hilarious. Even if she does somehow get considered for a game this decade you're such a smug cunt about it I hope it doesn't happen. Thats like saying "Dude Amingo is gonna be in, I'm super sure. You guys are just deluding yourselves!"

Thats something else entirely try clearing the appdata folder for sf5 but backup the save game folder in there.

Yeah my cr.mp didn't come out so Nash just stared intensely into fangs shades

fuck you capcom.
I'm going to make your goddamn shitty character work.

I don't really see what's smug about being honest. I'm just explaining why she's guaranteed to be put in Season 2. If someone claims otherwise then they are just deluding themselves, I'm not trying to be rude or anything but that's just stating facts. The only reason to claim she won't be put in the game is if one is hopeful that she won't.

Christ man, you're still at it?

Yea looked like it.

Man I could screencap this and post it after season 2 gets no ingrid and you would be talking about how she's going to be in season 3.
But I don't care nearly as much as you do about this topic.

>season 2
>ingrid
Not likely

I heard they rolled back the update on PC after the rootkit complaints
Are PC players still stuck on the Juri patch for now or is still up to date with all the new stuff? I havent had a chance to play yet

They rolled back the security measures but the content from the Urien update is still there.

They just rolled back the security changes on the patch not the whole patch.

more likely than you think, she has the same following R.Mika did before SFV

I actually would prefer Ingrid than someone like sakura getting in

>using your main
Dirty move man

I know you're convinced and all, but just consider the theoretical idea that Ingrid never appears in SFV?

What will you do then?

That's not an actually concievable thought.

Does anybody know any bigger max damage off of a CC? I've found some character specific ones but nothing universal. Also do we have reliable frame data for Urien yet? Has anyone released a list or video of Urien optimal combos? I'm too jaded and lazy to work out a lot of his most optimal shit.

I try to ask /fgg/ this shit but I never get an answer, how ironic that Cred Forums fighting game threads have somehow become better, despite still being shit.

The Prima Guide updated with Urien's data, but they were fucking stupid and used the version prior to his actual release so it's not accurate.

Someone on SRK's been working on a much more accurate one, but it's not complete yet (missing V-Trigger data, mainly): pastebin.com/d200zTrp

damn baron you only need to use stomp in the last combo

Yeah, prima guide is ass. I have it but it's always wrong in parts, wasn't reliable for Alex at the very least. Thanks for that.

>ctrl f "lawsuit"
> 0 results

y'all need jesus and david & david law firm

I don't know anything higher damage than that webm, but here's a Pan video that might help with some setups you might not know about.

youtube.com/watch?v=pBU6ANq5pV8

Nah, didn't work either.
Other thing now is that If I spam buttons fast enough I'm able to get to main menu for a second or so before crashing.

>lobby dies
shit, was going to ask for a chun-rashid match.
ggs.
urien is fun and ibuki is still garbage.

Thanks, this is the kind of stuff I am looking for.

eu or us?

Anybody pretty good at the game and have a decent grasp on urien yet? I want to figure out how that matchup goes eventually

thats weak ChrisG have better combo with higher dmg also you get stun
GET GUD

the lobby is dead mate

Anyone still want to play?

anyone from eu want to play
cant play with NA players because lag

The one with the reset overhead ? Also, I don't understand why he chose to to jump HK instead of Charged RH after the stun. Does that do more damage ?

I would love to meet you Ken/Ryu fags in a real fight.

I seriously want to kick the shit out of you, while you try to shouryukken your way out of it. Because it works for every fucking move in the game, why not in IRL?

i still dont get how they ended up with kens busted face and thought "yup, looks perfectly fine"

>Successful reset leads into another reset

Feels good man.

The same way they installed a (very poorly coded) ROOTKIT into your system and thought "yeah this'll work great"

Yeah, that made no sense

>hey, a handful of players tried to game the retarded grind system to unlock characters
>let's compromise the security of every PC player to fuck those few guys over

Go home low tier god learn to jump and wash the taste of vicent dick out of ur mouth.

Oceanic Lobby is up

CFN : BaronGeneric

Pass : 8855

Comment : Anyone will do.

In an age where good fighting games are abundant, even on PC, why would you play SFVirus?

Where in Oceania?

>even on PC
KoF isnt on there, neither is Xrd. And Tekken 7 isn't out yet.

New Zealand

Because a fighting game requires other players. And for the most part, most other fighting games tend to have smaller populations of intense players who tend to push out newcomers. So those games will languish, good as they are, because they have little to pull in new blood.

What's your steam?

So are you telling me the 1-round 1-hit survival mod still works for getting money?

PS4

>most other fighting games tend to have smaller populations of intense players who tend to push out newcomers

This really isn't true. Tell any Skullgirls, Melty Blood, Killer Instinct, or BlazBlue player that you're interested in their game, their eyes will light up as they proceed to talk your ear off and try to convince you to play.

Ah, that's a shame. Well, if you have steam on whatever you're posting from you should add me so we can at communicate for future games and stuff. I'm in the lobby now.

Here's my steam. Anyone who is aus/nz feel free to add me.

steamcommunity.com/id/nezs/home

without the home shit at the end. My bad.

Kek. No on will ever let him live it down huh.

SNK spoke highly of their experience putting XIII on Steam, you can probably expect XIV to come over soon. Same goes for Revelator.

Xrd Sign still has an active community on PC, there's Skullgirls, Killer Instinct, UNIEL, Melty Blood, not to mention everything you can do on Fightcade...

Added

I would fucking laugh if it did, since it'd mean all Capcom really did was drive their own credibility down for no real benefit.

That's it. I don't think I can do this. I've never met a genre this hard to play.

RTS doesn't come close to this level of needless memorization and complexity, and I swear my moves don't come out when I press it. I truly regret trying to play fighting games.

>RTS doesn't come close to this level of needless memorization and complexity
RTS have something besides needless memorization and complexity?

>tfw Ingridfag is gonna be right and Cred Forums gets BTFO once again

I remember being called an autist when I said wolf wasn't getting into smash 4, Cred Forums got BTFO

and again... with other predictions other user's had with other rosterfaggotry... Cred Forums got BTFO

Maybe not season 2, but it will probably happen

>click unit
>go there
>click building
>build this
>click unit
>attack

done

The game needs Fei Long.

>What is build order
>What are timings
>What are compositions

oh im back shitty karin yo

literally only matters in beginning--early game

>RTS doesn't come close to this level of needless memorization and complexity
thats bullshit and you know it

RTS compleely clogs your brain and floods you with a fuckton of multitasking that you have to take care of. you dont even see everything that's going on at one time, you have to be active at multiple positions across the map pretty much at the same time. its a fucking nightmare man.
fighting is MUCH easier on the brain. it relies much more on muscle memory, reaction time, matchup knowledge and mind games. you can fully focus and concentrate on the moment, on the here and now, on the one enemy on the screen. i find fighting games much more relaxing and comfy than rts.

Oh shut the fuck up, Christ.

>You can hit really stupid easy combos and do over half health with damn near anyone in the game.

heh this make me laugh most of all because instead of making the game faster they did this dumb shit to trick people into thinking it was faster just cause matches don't take as long. And i laugh at all the dumb fucking nerds who fell for this blatant dumb shit like the retards they are

yeah he's needed.
gotta have a bruce lee clone.

man, the ingrid autist is about as deluded as the ridleyfags before smash4

They'd take away his rekkas.

>Games don't take as long
>This somehow doesn't mean the game is faster

Okay...

I believe all it takes is a patch to get the program working again

>Why do people that bitch about SFV don't actually go play something else?
Why do you think the people who bitch haven't moved on?
I bitch because it's actually quite fun to bitch and moan but have moved to learning tekken and kof ages ago and they're going well.

Hearing about this rootkit thing has given me new content to moan and tease people who actually enjoy SFV with

Capcom doesn't deserve Street Fighter. The latest patch with the rootkit ousted them as lower than even NRS. If someone like ASW or SNK had this popular IP, they'd nurture it properly. Instead we're going to witness the death of the series under Capcom's care. SFxT was warning enough that modern Capcom is clueless about fighting games.

>The latest patch with the rootkit ousted them as lower than even NRS

That might be taking it just a step too far. PC SFV is still getting content updates.

Well, it is the same company that had Neo_G writing RE manuals instead of making fighting games. He then Left Capcom for SNK because he wanted to make fighting games and Oda asked if he wanted to help with XIV to which he said yes.

PC MKX is getting fixed next month with good netcode and actual optimization. The SFV PC port is still complete trash where it doesn't even boot for many without adding it to exception list on your antivirus. When fucking NRS starts outdoing you, then you need a wake-up call.

>If someone like ASW or SNK had this popular IP, they'd nurture it properly.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH_AH_HAHAUHAHAHAHA{

Are you fucking serious? SNK are beyond notorious for dropping support for fighting games after they release them. They refuse to update shit and they VERY rarely put any money into the competitive scene.

>Well, it is the same company that had Neo_G writing RE manuals instead of making fighting games.
Is this for fuckin' real?

>they VERY rarely put any money into the competitive scene.
Because they're a very small company. They're almost indie level in terms of manpower.

>throwing money at a retarded child means you're nurturing it

Contrary to SFV, KoF14 is already a complete game and in no need of further fixing past balance tweaks. Meanwhile SFV still feels and looks unfinished almost an entire year post launch. So of course you demand to see more support when that game is in desperate need of it to be playable.

Lmao. IV will turn out exactly like XIII did. You'll see the same 9 characters (if that) in 90% of the teams that ever make top 8 in anything, people will get bored of seeing and playing the same shit and SNK will have long ago dropped support for it. Then it will be as dead as every other KoF game that isn't on a GGPO service.

Dunno man, they patched the online for XIV within days, and another update is coming in october. Who knows how much longer they'll support it, but they've been very receptive and keen on listening and communicating with fans since before the release of XIV. They're also planning a tournament for early 2017. No word yet if they're going to line the pockets of the evo organizers, but they seem to be in good terms with evo Japan.

In recent tournaments the characters have changed since release. Hell you didn't even see Nakoruru who is infamous at this point in the grand finals for the last two tournaments which have been thunderstruck and PSarena.

Plus a balance patch is set for october.

>recent tournaments

All tournaments are recent, it's been out for like a month, kek.

Why don't SNK or ASW just make an SF copypaste? Everyone would flock to it instead because SF players are sick and tired of Capcom.

>asw and snk

I'm just saying that the characters that are seen have been changing a bit and who knows how much it'll change with next month's patch. The balance is not as fucked as it was with XIII. In retrospect it was not a bad fighting game, but it wasn't that great for a KoF.

KoF is SNK's SF copy and it's shit.

It also only took like two years for that.

>3v3
>SF copy
It's times like this where you might need to reconsider pressing the "submit" button

KoF is already chinese bootleg SF.

>implying KoF doesn't have a 1v1 option
>implying two characters don't beat each other until their life bar depletes
>implying both games aren't 2D in terms of gameplay
Consider killing yourself.

>PC MKX is getting fixed next month with good netcode and actual optimization.
That's a weird expression for a full priced patch.

So like almost every 2D fighter out there?

>implying two characters don't beat each other until their life bar depletes
Wow. You're completely retarded.

>ignoring the rest of the post
How convenient, faggot.

>SF players are sick and tired of Capcom
I wish that was true, but the defense force of SFV proves otherwise.

KoF and SF are less alike than almost any other 2D fighter you dumb shit. The fact that you think health bars depleting make them similar when it's a genre standard ousted you as dumb as shit.

>implying KoF doesn't have a 1v1 option
but KoF is played 3v3. What the fuck are you even talking about?

kinda wanted to rematch that super gold. but its cool good stuff baron my boy kirk and i had a blast playing you dudes

KoF has a character dressed in a gi throwing fireballs, Dragon Punches and something resembling a tatsu. Your "argument" is none.

>Akira has almost exactly the same attire as Ryu
>so Virtua Fighter and Street Fighter are alike

>KoF14 is already a complete game and in no need of further fixing past balance tweaks
There is a couple pretty serious bugs in the game, but they have already patched it once and will again soon.

Literally the only point of reference here is KoFXIII, which was rebalanced from arcade to console and did get another minor balance update for arcades that was released on PC but never on consoles because of the cost of doing a console patch and the company having effectively quit console games at that point. The new Chinese overlords don't seem liable to be stingy on that sort of thing at least.

What about the moveset? Hell, the character is even called "Ryo".

Besides, Virtua Fighter is 3D. Maybe learn to be less selective when delivering your "argument".

how do you feel about "slutty" guy, Cred Forums?

>one character means the entire series is a SF clone
You're an idiot.

After UMvC3 he's credited for manual design on USFIV, RE Revelations, and DMC4SE

Ryu and Ryo were both created by the same people. Don't forget that capcom also implemented a bunch of things that SNK fighters did first.

Because Capcom players are attracted to the IP, not the gameplay. Otherwise UMvC3 wouldn't still be at Evo while Skullgirls is played by 5 guys on a laptop on the floor.

Links are a BS mechanic.
Its difficulty for difficulties sake.
Also SFIV had focus cancels and invincible back dashes.
Which ware more cancerous than v trigger.
The super scaling is kind i do agree.

So any European up wanna play some lobbies?

Skullgirls is crap. If MVC nerds wanted to play MVC2 they would play MVC2.

I just woke up, but I'm down for a few sets, I guess. CFN?

Hang on a few minutes. I'll just get my shit working. I'll make a lobby in a few minutes.

Sure. Silver shitter here

EU lobby is up. Filter to password only and look for the comment that says "sub-character practice is allowed". Pass is 1111

I'm not delivering an "argument", I'm not even your guy you're arguing with. I'm simply just laughing you're comparing a 3v3 winner stays game to a 1v1.
Fuck literally choose anything. Blazblue, UNIEL, Guilty Gear, Killer Instinct, fuck DiveKick has more similarities than KoF vs SF

>Because Capcom players are attracted to the IP, not the gameplay.
Bullshit. Then why don't other fighters similar to SF's style like Yatagarasu have tons of players?

>play ranked
>5 bar connection
>game is laggy as fuck
>quit game because fuck this bullshit
>search for new match
>get matched with exact same dude
>quit during loading screen
>search again
>same lagger AGAIN
>quit during loading screen again
>YOUR LAST MATCH DIDNT END PROPERLY
>YOU MUST WAIT 1200 MINUTES BEFORE PLAYING AGAIN
>ALSO YOU LOSE 1000 LP BECAUSE FUCK YOU

wew lads
what do i play now?

Can you change the lobby settings to FT1? Otherwise it'd take too long until everybody can play.

It's why you never trust bars. Fuck, games should just list ping instead.

Try reading that again

Sure man

love when a nash starts t-baging me and then i wreck his stupid ass with birdie...he should be ashamed

Why does SFV have matchmaking instead of lobbies

>while Skullgirls is played by 5 guys on a laptop on the floor.
No that's Melty.

The EU lobby is in full play. I really wish this game had Xrd/KoF like lobbies where you don't have to wait in line to play and you can actually text chat.

Oh well. Better than nothing I guess.

-Limited anti air options. Some characters have zero anti air potential. Even characters with good anti air whiff it all the time due to the mechanics

-Supers doing too much damage even compared to SF4 Ultras

-Zero footsies considering one false move is enough for an extended combo

-Broken ass throwing mechanic

I actually miss SF4. At least anti air worked in that game and it had footsies.

I hate lobbys, lobbys in MKX are trash

>that feel when Super Gold Juri player gets beaten by wake up DP mashing Ryu

That's because MKX is trash.

SFIV's lobbies worked perfectly for ranked. Xrd's lobbies are perfect, KOF XIV's are similarly great. KI's work great. Hell, SFV's work pretty well despite the whole no flags thing.

That Ryu is decent though.

When will this rootkit meme fucking die? Jesus Christ you guys overreact over any fucking shit.

>tfw bought Ibuki without looking up anything about her
I want my 100k fight money back. I want to trade her for Urien.

youtube.com/watch?v=I3J8fA9yMoo

>muh 8 frames

Shiny avenged me, though.

no reason to not wakeup DP until the enemy has shown that he's capable and willing to try and block it desu

>grind to play characters
>game isn't F2P
???????

>When will this Capcom installed malware meme end

Overreact to a massive security breach? Are you fucking stupid?

>ha ha we left the vault door open at your bank today but don't worry we fixed it pretty quick also you'll have to go in and close your deposit box yourself :)

twitter.com/Bill307_ca/status/779498630642339844
>They didn't even make it themselves

Nobody was actually fucked by the security breach and it was already fixed, so yes it's overreacting and you're acting like a retard.

e got a superior Juri in da house! good aa jabs m8

We don't know that yet. Also it shouldn't have even happened in the first place. Yes, it's "fixed", but it's something that should've never been out there. Sony got sued for doing the same and if it were anyone else they'd be dragged through the mud.

Dat stun tho

>Sony got sued for doing the same

Sony got sued because hackers actually managed to exploit their rootkit, which is not the same with Capcom.

Also some reported having difficulties starting the game again and a couple reported blue screens. When purchasing a game, epecially digitally, it's like purchasing a license to play it, that agreement didn't include having a rootkit installed.

they should just be doing standing hk anyway, i don't see how aegis reflector being an anti air somehow invalidates his others

We don't know whether that happened yet or not. Yes it was patched very soon, but the news spread pretty fast and in the world of computers that's a long enough time frame to mess some things up. I'm not saying it did, but it could have happened. It's something that shouldn't be in a service or product one pays for.

BlackSheep got DC'd?

What about it?

Gotta eat breakfast.

Holy shit, a smart Mika!

If everyone played as patient as you, the character wouldn't have such a bad name.

Dude, I was following this but your first example is already retarded. While it's true that damage is too easy to come by, that's a terrible fucking example. If you sweep and they block, you SHOULD be fucking punished for a lot. The real problem is how much you can get away with in this, as in jump ins and dash ins can be really hard to react to, partly due to the input delay. I wish this game was more neutral heavy, I hope they do some hitbox tweaking and easen the delay problem with S2.

Also Urien and Ibuki do no fucking damage despite having some of the most intricate combos.

EU lobby is up. Filter to password only and look for the comment that says "sub-character practice is allowed". Pass is 1111

that eu lobby still up?

Damn man. You are keeping me out. Need to find a crack

see

Dude your examples are all awful. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just want to make some things clear since you seem to be into fighting games but not THAT knowledgable yet.

1 - Ryu's sweep is very negative at -11 frames on block, sweeps are generally very unsafe moves to balance the fact that they give you the instant reward of a knockdown, so they are very risky by design and you should be prepared to eat a good chunk of damage if you throw them around randomly.

2 - f+HP is a very slow move at 17 frames of startup, and also negative on block. So it's pretty easy to see coming and gives away your turn to the opponent. Plus, your entire meter is not a cheap price to pay for all that damage.

I only play a handful of games per week.

I can't see myself playing more unless they implement a messaging system.

Beaten by the mighty server DC option select.

Yeah I hate how lifeless it feels, and while hooking up PC and PS4 together is great because matches come in fast it SUCKS that I can't send messages.

I actually made a couple friends of USFIV. None on V.

When the fuck will they patch the lobbies to an acceptable state? Divide by rooms. Add text and voice chat. Make sure region filter works. How fucking hard can it be? Obviously not that hard when every other fighting game dev is doing it.

Why do you want voice chat so much? I don't want to talk to you, I want to beat your asses.

Holy shit that Mika alt is great.

A bit too loud for my taste. The wings especially.

Anyone know if the Season Pass can be used by other people on family sharing?

I know that buying costumes doesn't.

gonna go to my first local ever this Wednesday what should i expect?

not voice
just standard text chat would be enough

>afk for 2 minutes
>miss my match
>back to the end of the queue

desu I thought that's what CFN was gonna be.
They hyped it up like it would actually be something instead of just a dumb name for crossplay functionality.

XBL does it better even.

still like sfv

Is it just me or is Cammy beautiful?

Aaaand I got disconnected again. I think I'll try in a few hours again if the lobby is still up by then.

Djay here. Sorry if I annoyed you guys.

We should do this more often. The Ameribros have their regular lobbies, why shouldn't we?

She is.

I tried to do regular lobbies a while back but nobody joined. This is the first time an EU lobby has had players.

>Urien's super armor starts at frame 3
Guess it works if you're out of/conserving meter and your opponent's meaties are sloppy

That's retarded and borderline useless

it's not intended to make all your specials into invincible reversals
it's intended to make them beat fireballs and random buttons that would otherwise hit you out of your move

feel free to make a lobby whenever an SFV thread is up on Cred Forums during EU times
would like to play lobbies with you guys, but whenever i joined a Cred Forums lobby in the past it was just americans, resulting in unplayable games with massive rollback for me.

People can't behave so no more chat for you, scum.

It's the elitism of someone who is at best, completely average when it comes to the skill level of any game. They can't stand never being good so they just shit on anyone they perceive lower then them.

Yeah, I will join and create lobbies more frequently now. Maybe other guys will start coming out of their shell, too.

Anyway, thanks for the matches.

t. super bronze

>nice fighting game thread
>having fun
>people make a lobby
>can never play since I live in fucking SA

I just want to die.

how much of nash's normals are safe, , him and karin seem impossible to get though when they pressure.

His knee is unsafe on guard, unless he does it at max distance I think.

>hard to react to, partly due to the input delay.
LOL
eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/24/street-fighter-5-has-average-input-lag-65-now-according-display-lags-initial-draft-test/

I don't understand how anyone could put sf2, 3rd strike, and iv in the same tier. Those games are so different, talk to any person who likes one of them a ton and they will hate the others. Especially between third strike and 4

Dammit. This is like the second birdie i fight in my life. I have no fucking clue man

jesus christ this nash lag

>8 frame meme is dead

Hallelujah.

cant you make an australian lobby for your kind

>wasted 100k fm on her assuming she would atleast be good
>fireballs are grey for some reason
>no flying kick
Thank god Necalli is fun and the game has great porn

which one

>tfw bought Ibuki
literally what were they thinking

Vega's rework is god tier
Dhalsim's rework is god tier
I figured they could you know, not fuck up a character who was really good in 3 and 4

>things that never happened

How do I get a body like this?

Can we talk about the hit and miss art direction of this game? Why did they fuck up Alex so much?

I did the same. Granted i did not expect her to have the vortex bs but dang. I hate everything they did to her. Im ifraid what they will do to Able and Viper

become a God

This might seem like a stupid question but what is Chun's best reversal?

ex bird

HGH, Roids, eating healthy, not skipping cardio, weights, genetics.

thanks m8

Just rub your face on the controller, not like she has a bad button

IIRC, some of the character models were outsourced. Alex probably got the short-end of the stick.

Who's the character designer for this game?

>Why did they fuck up Alex so much?
Alex's model is fine, the problem is his stance. When he just stands up normally he looks right

Uhhh,,, So Urien can confirm a super from his throw, is this intentional or a bug?

>these fucking nails
Wow thats fucking gross.

hard to say, possibly unintentional

It is intentional. His super has OTG properties.

>Can we talk about the hit and miss art direction of this game?
It's really weird. Some models look great. Like Laura and Chun and Cammy. And then there is Baba Ibuki and McDonald's Alex. I think they're outsourcing their shit making it very inconsistent.

cant meme on people with urine yet

Literally all the models are outsourced, none of them are made in house, some are good and some are bad, most likely because they're made by different artists.

>Alex's model is fine
It may be "fine", but he lost so much of what made Alex cool looking in 3S. He's supposed to be younger in SFV but somehow he looks older, his body is completely different and looks larger. Let's not even talk about the hair. I get that he's young, but giving freaking french fries? What the hell, man?

This is one of the issues that happen when you get a different artist from the one that worked on the character in his previous iteration. His backward legs are much more noticeable now because they simply got the character's body anatomy wrong.

>Baba Ibuki
Ibuki's face is actually fine, the problem is how the lighting hits her on the win screen

>fight a crouching guile
>lose

im done with this semen slurping game

I don't see the problem with Ibuki, for the first time ever she actually looks japanese.

>Literally all the models are outsourced
Then I guess some studios they outsourced to are good and some are shit.

>I don't see the problem with Ibuki

youtube.com/watch?v=65UsYfeqb9o

This scene (and where she's walking with Karin afterward) made it clear that it's a combination of lighting + shitty angles and posing.

>conveniently leaving the rest of my post out of quotation

Yeah, she looks japanese. God forbid a character from Japan actually looks like one of them.

you're welcome

I haven't even played guile in months

The funny thing is that she used to look much better in SFIV.

>go from Necalli to Urien
I don't have to be touching people for moves other than hard kick to hit. Is this what it's like to have buttons?

i love this nigga desk

oh wow, you found that by yourself? unbelievable man

She had a massive rack in SF4.

Where is my Ibuki rack, Capcom? You took it and never gave it back.

They were both designed by the same guy, funny enough. So it's a copy but he's copying himself

Actually happened to my friend, I was dying

I don't understand the hate

I think the only thing about it is her teeth/pointy chin looking strange but she seems pretty much like a japanese teenager

I think the whole are direction and style they went with was something they got through half way and realized it sucked but just kept pressing on to meet deadlines

Personally I think Vega turned out really good compared to the others, probably why I played him first

ggs to the ken player in the EU lobby

that was you?

Vega, Zangief, M. Bison, Dhalsim and Balrog are the best models in the game imo.

>rising thunder
>trash

you deserve bad things

Does anybody have the ST footsies webm at hand showing Balrog and Sagat (I believe) just trying to sweep each other?

Sorry Ausman, I cant play against you. Too laggy.

All good

>urien is fun
>but the base game is still fucking lame and I hate fighting against >70% of the cast
guess I need to plug my ps3 back in and play better shit

Honestly the majority of the cast look really good, it's just Ken, Ibuki and alex that stick out as bad. And even then Alex is the only one that in a match looks a bit weird

gg's Thanks for the matches boys

if you seriously think RT was good in any way shape or form you should consider not playing fighting games ever again

Necalli and Juri go really well together, do you think they would date?

Thanks, ggs to everyone in the lobby, had to leave.

>not shipping JUrien
There is zero art of this and it makes me sad. I hope she ends up joining the Illuminati so we can see them doing stuff together

yeah it was fun playing with you guys we should do this kinda thing more often

no u

Fucking Capcom. How am I supposed to explain away my losses now?

Don't worry, you still have stubby normals to blame

Memes aside 6 frames of delay is still too much.

But I play Birdie and Chun Li.

It's what sf4 had in the arcades and on pc.

that the average input delay for most fighters though

Just say the game lacks soul and isn't really street fighter

it still needs less because of the way normals work. not enough active frames, or too small hitboxes and hurtboxes for most chars. either you lwoer frames more or you extend everything else. until then, the game will stay a random mashfest in neutral

>and on pc

this is bait

I want soul back, yeah. Rose when?

That is average.

But 6.5 actually means it average out that, so is half 6 and half 7. They need to do more test to see where exactly it lies but if it is more 7 that still isn't great. Hopefully it isn't though

Arcade, ps3, and PC had about 6-7F delay. 360 had 5F.

With vsync on maybe, but on PC we can disable that and get less input delay, if you didn't know.

>PC had about 6-7F delay
This really shows how overblown the whole 8 frames deal is

It is not, 2 extra frames of input delay are a big deal, especially when you have 3 frames jab in the game.

My personal issue with SFV art direction (and so for SFIV art direction) is that it's way too much straightforward and lacks of tone and details.

I know the reason why they wanted it to be "simpler" (closer to SF2/Alpha art direction), but it's at the same time bland and boring.

Just to give you an example: Urien in 3S was an entire character built around referencing greek mythology themed statues. His entire body look was designed so that he looked like those statues like The David and the Riace Bronzes. In fact, his skin was metallic and made of bronze. Even his pose was a constant reference to these forms of art. His actual skin was a bit paler and had blonde hair.

All of this stuff that made Urien great has been completely forgotten in V: they completely retconned the bronze transformation, gave him a more straightforward body physique and even made the hair look like some tiny triangular pieces glued together.

This isn't just true for Urien. This can be argued for every character in V, even the ones that are considered "good" looking (except for newcomers, since they are completely new).

Urien is fun but why does he feel like he's missing so much stuff ? He has no cross-up, no meterless combo outside of light light special, his c.mk is not cancellable, no anti-air.
Why the fuck do they fucking kill DLC characters like that when the regular 16 are already broken as fuck ?

They're probably afraid of p2w accusations like MKX got with Tanya/Predator/Alien. Hopefully they get better after next year's update.

Nah 2 is not a really big deal, especially when it can be considered 1 cause the pc average is 6-7.

If you are use to 5 then sure, but but if you are use to 7 then 8 is not a huge leap

6f is what you get on modern consoles.

the only "good" DLC character is guile, and only because he is inherently good. They even tried to fuck him up by giving him only EX reversal and no 3f jab, but it doesn't work because it's guile.
I hope they will seriously buff them in season 2, and by that I mean adding moves if that's necessary. Balrog needs an invincible reversal, Urien needs everything I said, Ibuki more damage because she does as much as ryu does while working really hard for it.
I also hope they don't drop the ball with season 2 characters. I'd rather have the whole cast good than the whole cast bad

360 was the standard for sf4 in the us so I imagine most Americans are feeling the difference harder than Japanese players who were used to the arcade.

In reality for most people it won't make any difference since all they do is play online or with friends.

I'd put Alex ahead of Guile. Guile is alright but he suffers for damage without optimal starters/resources and his midrange buttons are really lacking for the type of character he's supposed to be. But yeah, the two of them are the only decent dlc characters. Guile gets by on having one of the only decent zoning games in sf5.

Fucking hate that they made him a combo video whore though.

Not even a good setup, and a waste of reflector

>Check Eventhubs literally the first time this year
>Scroll down some
>"Players are hype about this comeback!"
>Literally whiffing normals HOPING something hits
>Strong footsies are not even possible
>Bison starts whiffing all match and wins when some clunky shit hangs in the air

It's gross but what's worse is this is also in high level play. Even top tier japs just throw out random moves and hope, this is something completely different from any other SF series and it's for the worse.

RTS are definitely harder than fighters on a level that isn't shitter tier, they just have an easier entry point. Playing Starcraft for example on the higher levels is ridiculously stressful, which is why it failed as an esport, because you need an easy game your viewers can enjoy and play themselves without worry.

>make DLC characters top tier
>omg this is pay2win, fuck you greedy jews!
>make DLC characters not top tier
>these characters are weak, what the fuck capcom?

no way to get it right, so they went with the safe approach of not releasing additional top tier characters in order to keep the balance mostly unchanged and not fuck with their precious capcom pro tour

Why does europe like Laura so much? There are more in EGX top 32 than most top tier characters

there's a difference between making them "not top tier" and making them borderline useless.

This is completely false
PC USF4 was 4-5 frames
360 was 5 frame
PS3 was 6 frames
PS4 (after update) was 5 frames

because ON PIFFE PAS ICI ON PIFFE PAS

American nu males are afraid of titties.

Honestly I've seen Laura being popular in many tournaments recently, especially in the US, not sure what happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=_8Lali09zyI

Remember to always filter out PC players.

Nah man Harima Kenji is comfirmed

they arent borderline useless.
guile is strong. definitely viable.
alex and balrog both suffer from a weak defense, but they have their strengths and are nowhere near as fucked as gief or FANG.
juri and ibuki seem quite weak.
urien is still too new to rate.

true, none of them are on the level of chun, ryu and nash. but they can definitely hold their own against the rest of the cast. guile is at least upper middle tier - he's 100% stronger than rashid, laura, FANG and gief. probably better than birdie and vega too.

Laura is basically R. Mika but just slightly less competent, causing people to roll Laura to avoid being called brainless when in reality they are.

She is penis fuel

Remember to always filter out console players.

Urien specialist here, ask me anything.

>play on PC
>can't set matchmaking to ps4 only to have a guaranteed advantage just by turning off vsync

When are you switching back to Nash?

kek. good luck finding a match

post bnbs
how do I anti-air
what's do I want to do with urien
what's the point of diveknee

>frame advantage
>while playing online

Do you have legit brain issues?

Never ever. I've mained Alex/Birdie since Alex dropped.

>wanting to play DBZ Fighter V

>post bnbs
cr.lk cr.lp xx headbutt
counterhit s.mp cr.mp xx chariot tackle
>how do I anti-air
uncharged neutral s.hk
f.mp
EX headbutt
>what's do I want to do with urien
normals and spacing. Refresh vskill when able, use that 3f armor
>what's the point of diveknee
EX is safe on block, others TBD

What exactly is a block string and how can you tell a "True" block string from a "fake" one?

Okay. What are some better set-ups?

a block string is when you hit normals/specials in combination in a way that when the opponent blocks he has no time to push a button between the different block stuns. A fake block string would be a combo when hit, but a string that you can interrupt when blocked

A blockstring is stringing together two or more moves while the opponent is blocking. A true blockstring is when the opponent is forced to block because there's no opening between the moves

>EX headbutt as anti-air

Not sure how I feel about this, headbutt hitbox is really funky.

Yeah you missed the part where
>"""fix""" damage kernel tunnels

A blockstring is a series of attacks that, when the first hit is blocked, the rest can't be interrupted by an opponent's attacks. A non true blockstring has enough of a gap between attacks to be mashed out of or can be broken by a reversal.

it dont matress what the hitbox is like, its invincible.
it just werks, habeeb it.

Actually cashing out after landing the first reflector and saving the second. There was literally no reason to spend the second before cashing out the first. Urien holds onto the second reflector for an eternity.

Besides,
>crouch block

Set up the dummy in training as Ryu and do forward j.hk and/or j.hp

Eventually, youll get better and can go the vskill route with regular headbutts. But EX is invul

There is no reason to use 2 aegis reflector in one combo, except if the enemy is like at 1 HP and you want to kill, prove me wrong

Never as a combo unless you really need the extra pixels of damage

>crouch block

Wait... are you telling me that you're critiquing a set-up you don't even understand? Anywhere you see a fHP in that set-up it is interchangable with a cMK and vice versa.

Your argument that "you should always cash out and NEVER go for another reset that has the potential for more damage and stun" is a huge meme in itself.

You also can't even manage to tell me any other practical aegis set-ups despite being some kind of Urien master. Consider containing yourself within /fgg/.

>He beat Onuki Chun
ICI ON PIFFE PAS

Not him but
>f.HP

You mean the thing with 21f startup that telegraphs itself? Face it, that "set up" might work for a bad online connection, but offline? Good luck with that, champ. Check yourself before criticizing the tripfag that posted actual, relevant information.

Because fHP is a threat amirite

Even at the highest level people frequently get hit by overheads that have a longer start-up than 21 frames, even in games that have significantly less than 7 frame input delay.

Regardless of both your autistic reasonings that continue to dodge any question I've asked the fHP is not only safe in the set-up but it also leads into a true blockstring.

By your logic Urien should never use his overhead and just throw away what is one of the only real overhead/low games in SFV.

>By your logic Urien should never use his overhead and just throw away what is one of the only real overhead/low games in SFV.

It's not even a "game" if you can see it coming. That "reset" is garbage and you'd gain more net damage from finishing the combo and going for another full reflector setup.

You think you found something fancy but you really didn't.

Are we making a new thread?

>and going for another full reflector setup.

Such as? Or are you going to dodge the question again.

May as well.

Such as anything. Are you fucking retarded or do you not speak english? Why would you waste the other reflector on what isn't even a 50/50 and risk losing potential damage from the first? If you land a setup, you carry it all the way instead of being a special snowflake and going for a low-quality reset. In a game that's all about maximizing damage, you don't prematurely end your combo like that. It really goes to show how little you understand about the SFV meta.

I'm done replying to your scrubby ass.