8GB RAM
GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card
1TB Hard Drive
500W Power Supply

Is this a decent budget build? I'm trying to stay under $700 w/OS

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/6Mzmr7
pcpartpicker.com/list/Fd3RVY
ebay.com/itm/ADATA-Premier-SP550-2-5-240GB-SATA-III-TLC-Internal-Solid-State-Drive-SSD-ASP/291583537127
pcpartpicker.com/list/Z978QV
pcpartpicker.com/list/LKg6TW
backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-stats-q1-2016/
pcpartpicker.com/list/ZzGmD8
pcpartpicker.com/list/6264pb
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181029&cm_re=corsair-_-35-181-029-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=corsair liquid cooling&N=-1&isNodeId=1
pcpartpicker.com/list/8N2rM8
ebay.com/itm/Windows-10-PRO-32-64bit-OFFICIAL-DIGITAL-INSTANT-DELIVERY-ACTIVATION-KEY-TOOL-/282167634060?hash=item41b280688c:g:pzoAAOSwOVpXWzLl
youtube.com/watch?v=RH1ekuvSYzE
pcpartpicker.com/list/MMQRVY
pcpartpicker.com/list/3k2rM8
pcpartpicker.com/list/kQWrM8
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/WfPbhq
asus.com/Motherboards/M4A87TDUSB3/
asus.com/Motherboards/M4A87TDUSB3/HelpDesk_CPU/
logicalincrements.com/
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/dNYrvV
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is now a computer thread.

Post rigs.

>960
Just get a 480

it is fucking shit

pcpartpicker.com/list/6Mzmr7

Yes its an okish build

I'd really push for a 970 or a 480.
I have a 960 currently and I and the Witcher 3 varies between 45-60fps on ultra without hairworks and shadows/foliage turned down to medium and high. It's good, but a 970/480 would push a game like that 60fps on the same settings.

Also just pirate the os never buy an os

what case is that?

Who /hatesidepanels/ here?

Finished building it today.

Get rid of the shitty 3 gen old cpu and you'll be on track.

Thanks. I can get a 480 and it would only push my budget a little bit.

Is this a prebuilt or not? Post your actual shopping cart list if it isn't.

are here literally no one who is saying anything against the cpu?

Amd cpu´s are pretty bad, intel are way better and cost less energy. Just don´t buy cheap PSU and MB.

>that exhaust fan
>that cpu fan
>that cable management

I own a 6350 and have it paired with a HD7950 and am not really enjoying the CPU. Personally, I'm going to be upgrading to an i5-6600k.

Tips? Advice? Feedback?

Does anyone know any better intel cpus that wouldn't break the bank?

700 for that garbage? Top kek

>
v
^
<
paying for an OS

read this op

pcpartpicker.com/list/Fd3RVY
Rate?

You ought to live in the UK. That set up would be far more.

1. cable management
2. aftermarket cooler

>having an optical drive

You sure that box you chose has enough airflow?

Besides that I'd consider going 6600k instead of 6700k

>8GB of superior thug dominant black cock being RAMd into your boipussy

Considering 3 games out now require 12 you should think about kicking it up, its the easiest upgrade.

You also may want more ram
16GB would be safe.

I'm reading it. My thing with Intel is the cost. This would be my first time buying a PC since 2011 and my first time attempting to build one, I'm looking for legitimate advice and feedback, so I appreciate it.

R5 has enough, but the stock fans are a shit.
>i5 with a 1080
Why.

idk wtf ur doing, but my new pc was $700 and it was

i5 6500
rx 470
ssd
600w psu

bought a nice case too so couldve saved like $50 on that alone probly.

Dumpster dive tier.

The OS thing, you don't even really need to pirate. Whenever you buy any computer it comes with an OS. Just take that license key and install it on your build using an disc/bootable USB. I have like 20 Windows 7 licenses. I don't know if they automatically kick you up to Windows 10 though anymore.

>AMD CPU
>960

Is this bait?

AMD processors are garbage.

>16gb

what 32 is the minimum these days

I personally like being able to pull air in from the front of my PC but it probably makes little difference.
Yeah, you're right about the i7 thing, nevermind.

Is the 1080 going to drop in price anytime soon? I've been wanting to make a new PC since mine is nearly 5 years old, but $600 for a GPU quite a lot.

You really want to get 64gb of ram if you can to future proof. Pairs well with mid tier GPUs like the 960 as well because the ram will pick up some of the slack.

This isn't really the place to ask but could I run D44M on my 860m?

So whats the cheapest intel build for vr?

>buying the same rebadged asstek ghetto loops that fail left and right

Get an Intel processor and a 480

Wtf is that cpu cooler. Also cable management. Otherwise looks good

It's Fractal Design. Not sure which model.

switch to a x99 setups imo. cheap and you will want to use intel over AMD with an nvidia card

Don't buy a CPU cooler. Get a SSD instead. Newegg has a 240GB SSD for $54 right now.

ebay.com/itm/ADATA-Premier-SP550-2-5-240GB-SATA-III-TLC-Internal-Solid-State-Drive-SSD-ASP/291583537127

The i3 6100 is good.

i have 8g of ram and i never go above 5 while gaming. you really don't need 16gb unless you use shit editing software that magically needs 10gb just to run

64GB of RAM is recommended. It's so cheap anyway.

Should get OS free with something. Ive never paid for an OS by itself. Always just ended up with one somewhere down the line. All from scratch builds.

i got the iso from microsoft site for windows 10, installed it with boot usb, and activated it with kmsauto or theres some other cracker thing u can use instead if u want. i probly have russians watching my every keystroke and mining bitcoins on my pc, but i give no fucks lul i got windows 10 for free.

You laugh but with windows 10 being the way it is, 16 gb might as well be fucking 6. Any lower than 32 isnt really a sustainable build unless you like buying upgrading ram more than once.

Honeslty sounds like a lot of work for a bad result user.

what? i literally just downloaded the iso from the site microsoft themselves, put it on a usb, installed windows 10 "demo version", downloaded cracker, ran crack, and now its activated.

i checked all my processes and resources running and seems to be clean.

Pic related should get you some ideas, even then it's still a bit pricey.

But hey you said you wanted the cheapest Intel system.

>windows 10
enjoy windows botnet. Hope you don't pirate anything, ever.

This isn't that impressive, I have an old Pentium M (the one without PAE) laptop with 512MB RAM and a 32MB graphics card in my closet.

already pirated Doom works fine. pirated the fucking windows 10 itself, so idk what youre on about m8

>16 gb might as well be fucking 6.

i have win 10 with 16gb and i have never seen it use more than 14-16% of memory besides video games.

>>>>>For vr
The award for worst reading comprehension goes to user.

Skimp on the graphics card if you have to, living with an AMD processor is torment, also only like 5% of games/programs actually utilize multi-core processing in any meaningful way, don't buy into the meme. I would even say wait until you can afford an intel CPU you'd prefer having. Even switching to something like an i3 6100 would be worth it

IT. IS. WORTH. THE. MONEY.

But it's literally a /vr/ sys... oh...

>fx cpu

fucking cretin get an i5 bundle deal from any major retailer
amd has been utter shit since the phenom

Phenom II would have been good if it wasn't late and therefore ""competing"" against Nehalem. As it stands it's still the best CPU without hardware backdoors so if you're a paranoid nutjob it's one of your only valid options.

Ah, so you thought that and weren't trying to be a smug cunt. Thanks for the /vr/ build then, I guess that's something useful too.

Works for me, thank you

FX chips are garbage for gaming

They have pathetic single core performance, which is what 99% of vidya needs. I used one as a cheap encoder and its just trash even when it uses all cores.

Out preformed by an i5

FX-6350 has an amazing performance for its cost, though.

Use an AMD 480
Pick an Intel processor from the last 5 years.

pcpartpicker.com/list/Z978QV

Feedback on this?

Is this CPU cooler going to be sufficent? Is there another one thayou'd be reasonably certain would fit inside the case with all the other parts that's not this ugly fucking color?

In case anybody is wondering what's with the two SSD's and two OS's, it's to dual boot.

i'm a fan of the SFF builds. why the fuck do people need a full tower ATX when they're just going to have 2 or 3 storage drives, 2 RAM modules, and 1 GPU

This
I'll shill amd gpus all day but their cpu's are just not made for gaming. MAYBE you could argue the 8-core bullshit is more practice if you keep 50 tabs open in chrome at once but you can't beat the per-core performance Intel has on their unlocked cpus

Just get an i5 OP if you're not gonna over clock you don't really need an aftermarket cooler

I had the same CPU as you, but I upgraded to an 6600k. Now I play games with significantly less frame drops. My frame rate would dip in New Vegas (with mods) every once and awhile. Not anymore.

1. why do you need to dual boot W10 and W7? even if you're dual booting, why do you need 2 SSDs? you can just put 2 partitions on your one boot drive.

2. i'm not a fan of toshiba drives. i would go with WD.

3. if you're buying an aftermarket cooler i would just go ahead and get a Corsair liquid CPU cooler. while i'm talking about Corsair, i also would prefer a Corsair CX850M over the PSU you've got.

never had a Corsair PSU or a WD drive fail on me, so that's why I'm partial to those brands.

is everybody aware there are a lot of people who buy MSDN accounts for the sole purpose of selling legit windows keys? you can get a brand new, legit key for windows for like $20.

>inb4 pirate windows
$20 is well worth it for a legit key that i never have to worry about updating or whatever

You need an aftermarket cooler for the FX series, the stock ones are crap.

Some things overclocked.

I need to upgrade my processor because despite the fact I've overclocked the shit out of it it's an ancient i7 and it's causing bottlenecks.

I'm waiting for kaby lake before I dump $2000 in new setup.
All I know for sure is I'm going to do my first legit liquid cooled setup, it's going to be in a mini-itx case, and either 64GB or 128GB of ram so I can setup a ramdisk.

My biggest concern is do I get a 1080 GTX (hopefully TI by the time kabylake comes out) or do I get another 780 GTX and sli them together?
I've heard sli has issues for VR so I'm worried.

I don't understand all the AMD hate. They don't perform as well as Intel, but they cost significantly less. The FX 6300 gives adequate performance for under $100.

pcpartpicker.com/list/LKg6TW
this is my build
remove monitor and get some cheaper shit and youre gold

>1. why do you need to dual boot W10 and W7?
I want DX12 games but I don't want to deal with 10's nanny-ing bullshit. I also use quite a few programs made for XP and vista that 7 can barely run, so I imagine 10 can't.

>even if you're dual booting, why do you need 2 SSDs? you can just put 2 partitions on your one boot drive.
Well, how much space will just 7 and just 10 take up with no other programs? Depending on how much/little that is maybe i'll do that

>2. i'm not a fan of toshiba drives. i would go with WD.
What about HGST? I was originally going to go with them, since the 3tb drive I saw that has the lowest failure rate on backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-stats-q1-2016/ is from that brand

the reason I have toshiba drives though in the build and not that is because the newegg listing for that HGST drive has a fuck ton of reviews saying it failed on them, so IDK why there's such a discrepcny between the backblaze stats and the newegg page, so I just went with the toshiba on a reccomendation from Cred Forums

Have you speffically had issues with Toshiba or do you just prefer WD?

>3. if you're buying an aftermarket cooler i would just go ahead and get a Corsair liquid CPU cooler. while i'm talking about Corsair, i also would prefer a Corsair CX850M over the PSU you've got.

I thought the 6700k doesn't come with a stock cooler though? Also, I really want to avoid liquid cooling. That's just too much headache and anxiety. As far as the PSU, i'll look into it

>1070
>AMD

poor people make me lol

The hole gets smaller and smaller.

Just take off the tinfoil hat, go with 10 and use an XP VM for those programs you need faggo.

Intel is more expensive and performs better so intel people tend to pick on amd people because they know they're poorer, but really it's like the gap between a king and a duke, while console peasants are the serfs.
Don't let it get to you, one day you'll get a good job, save up, buy a 16 thread intel processor, and you'll be talking shit to amd people to so one day they'll rise up and do the same.

It's not about the spying, it's about not being able to choose what updates I install or them explaining what's in them or turn them off and that sort of thing

> and use an XP VM
At this point though, why not just do dual boot? What advantges does VM-ing have over dual boot?

contrary to your mom's asshole

>You need an aftermarket cooler for the FX series, the stock ones are crap.
Nope.

The forced updates are shitty, but you can just disable the windows update service.

>What advantges does VM-ing have over dual boot?

Well, being able to multitask without rebooting, not having to fuck around with two partitions or dual SSDs, it's easier on HDD space, there's checkpoints and shared clipboards and all that other stuff. There's also virtually no performance difference.

get an i5 and a 480

Hows this for a build?

I highly discourage investing in an AMD CPU and motherboard.

If you spend the money to get an i5 now, you can keep the thing for 4+ years.

>cpu stays cooler than me
Cool.

if u get 1x 8gb ram stick, u can get another 8gb later to upgrade. instead of having to replace 2 sticks,

>AMD processor

Smh desu senpai

people say the rx 480 8gb version is way better, but i dont even know if it matters.

Get a SSD.

>W10 nannying bullshit
that is an extremely bad reason to dual boot. if you have the technical know-how to correctly configure a dual boot system, you should have no problem navigating windows 10. i'm not sure what you're talking about re: nannying. this tinfoil-hatting over windows 10 seems to be something only faggots on reddit have a problem with.

>HGST drives
i've had HGST drives before and Toshiba drives before. In my current rig I had a 3TB Toshiba from a while back that I had to replace about a year ago because it failed. I had an HGST drive a very long time ago but I can't remember for the life of me what happened to it.

my experience with WD is anecdotal, so don't take it as any more than just my personal experience, but I've installed more drives than i can count between personal builds and favors for friends/family. I always recommended WD drives mainly because of online reviews, but over the years I have yet to have somebody tell me one of those drives failed. most recently I helped my dad set up a NAS for security camera storage, and I don't know that I'd have put any other brand of drive in there.

>aftermarket cooler
you're absolutely right, that's my bad. i didn't realize that intel is making you buy fucking CPU coolers nowadays. ridiculous.

as for liquid cooling, they're all closed loop and warrantied from the factory. they fill the reservoir with the cooling fluid and seal it up. this is not like "water-cooling" from back in the day where you had to rig up your own radiator and shit. if you aren't edward scissorhands or installing your parts wearing a fucking assassin's creed glove you'll be fine. also the coolant they use is non-conducive so in the unlikely event that it does leak it won't short your parts. if you're spending $60 on an aftermarket cooler i don't see a reason why you wouldn't get a liquid cooler.

Most people referring to the 480 are talking about the 8gb version, not the 4gb

8GB only matters if you're playing games in 4K.

>Well, being able to multitask without rebooting, not having to fuck around with two partitions or dual SSDs, it's easier on HDD space, there's checkpoints and shared clipboards and all that other stuff. There's also virtually no performance difference.

How is it easier on HDD space?

Let's say i wanted to do that instead of dual booting, what would the process be like. Can I run 7 via VM, or just XP?

well i mean, its coming so if u have the extra $50 might as well get 8gb

Yup. Pirate Windows 7 activate with Daz, upgrade to win10 w/ accessibility link, keep the serial, make an installation media, re-install from scratch with it
Legit copy

got my RAM and SSD today.

dont ya need a ram stick in both slots for the computer to even get past post?

I really hope that CPU temperature is wrong

Or supersampling, which you should play ever old game with.

4GB might be a bit too small if you're aiming for 1080p and Very High or Ultra for a while. I think the 1060 6GB is actually kind of a good balance.

Otherwise, yep the 8GB is more "future proof". Although that card will never use a full 8GB.

What does everyone do with their old PC after they finish building a new one?

How long will that be? 2 or 3 years? You'll be looking for a new graphics card by that time anyway. I'd rather save the $50 or spend it on something else. I don't have a problem with setting my games on high instead of ultra high.

It says that even after the computer starts up after being off all night

maybe certain motherboards do. i have 1 stick on mine works fine.

That seems to rarely work out well unfortunately because most old games don't have proper UI scaling and everything will get tiny

Fucking unbelievable that Steam overlay doesn't scale properly, too.

This is false. Many games at 1080p are already using 4gb on ultra such as Dying Light and Shadow of Mordor. Future games are using even more. It's worth the price difference even for 1080p

Reapply paste to your CPU or you computer will be fried before the end of the year

For the nannying, see That still leaves the issue of running older programs, even if that didn't bother me.

>as for liquid cooling, they're all closed loop and warrantied from the factory. they fill the reservoir with the cooling fluid and seal it up. this is not like "water-cooling" from back in the day where you had to rig up your own radiator and shit. if you aren't edward scissorhands or installing your parts wearing a fucking assassin's creed glove you'll be fine. also the coolant they use is non-conducive so in the unlikely event that it does leak it won't short your parts. if you're spending $60 on an aftermarket cooler i don't see a reason why you wouldn't get a liquid cooler.

>Liquid cooling

How easy is it for the coolant to spill? I travel around a lot so if it can come out from the built rocking around in the trunk of a car or the whole tower being put on it's side or something like that then that's a no go

i'm from
this guy
is absolutely right. from your questions it sounds like you're not super familiar with running a bunch of OSes on a single machine (this is not an insult i'm just trying to make a point). whatever you think your benefit is from dual booting 7 and 10 is not worth spending the extra money on another fucking SSD and the headache of setting all of that dual boot shit up. and if you're getting a fucking i7 you should have no problem running any OS on a VM.

again, i'm not trying to insult you, but i would suggest that you go the single SSD and single OS route and try it out to even see if you have any problems before you launch into this dual booting crap.

other suggestion - have you looked at mini-itx builds?

>That seems to rarely work out well unfortunately because most old games don't have proper UI scaling and everything will get tiny
Depends on the game, a mirror's edge for example looks stellar downsampled.
But I do understand the issue, I can't play x3 with the sheer amount of flicker in the stars and jaggies on everything, it looks perfect at 4k down-sampled but the ui becomes microscopic.

You can sell the parts on ebay. My 2500K is still worth a bit of money. The rest is almost worthless.

Sell it. Piecing it out is usually not worth the money and time of selling separate

When you set a HDD size on most hypervisors it usually doesn't take all that space straight away. It creates a VHD file which slowly expands as the OS uses more space. Currently my XP VM only uses about 3gb out of a max 20.

You can run any OS on a VM as far as I know, including 7. The process varies depending on what software you use, there's VMWare player, Hyper-V (needs w10 pro), Virtualbox etc but the process is similar on all of them.

1. Download and install one of the above (I prefer vmware player, but Cred Forums seems to be more virtualbox)
2. Create a new virtual machine
3. Specify hardware (max ram, hdd, network adapter, cd drive etc)
4. Insert an ISO in the virtual CD drive, or use a physical CD
5. Click start VM

Then the process kicks off in its own little window as if it was an entirely different machine.

>how easy is it for the coolant to spill?
how easy is it for someone to cut open one of your arteries and leak all the blood out of your body?

i didn't look at the newegg page for the case, but does it have razor-wire on the inside to prevent someone from stealing individual parts? the tubing is made of sturdy thick rubber. i've transported the computer around a lot and have never even come close to a leak.

i'm really not trying to be a dick but you clearly don't have experience with this stuff and you have people in the thread who do have that experience and are trying to provide suggestions.

I'm also a fan of SFF builds

the reason people use full tower ATX though is because of better airflow.

things run hotter in a SFF case because components are closer together

logicalincrements.com

In a few months Zen will be on par with Intel's current processors in both price and performance

In a few months kaby lake will be released and it'll be the best shit on the market at the highest price point.

You can reuse most of the parts - hard drives, power supplies, case, optical drives, etc.

The only thing you need to upgrade every couple of years is the video card, motherboard, CPU, and RAM.

You'd be correct, i'm not familiar with running a multi OS machine. I'm also not familar with making builds in general.

Anyways, the secondary concern is that MS is taking the ability to choose your updates on W7 starting next saturday as well. So let's say I do only get w10 for now, and it turns out I can run the programs/games I want to on it, if I then go to use 7, suddenly then i'm stuck with the same issue.

>other suggestion - have you looked at mini-itx builds?
Not really. It's something i've considered but I didn't think it was worth it even though i travel a lot because the place I stay most of the time is pretty hot and i'd be worried about it overheating due to less air flow, and secondly because I need an absurd amount of sotrage space. The 2 3tb drives is just to start with, I'm gonna get a third one in a few months when I have the extra money as well

I save a lot of high resolution press assets and work with ridiculous high res images and videos, which takes a ton of space.

Okay, then suggest a good liquid cooler.

did you/do you work in IT? i find myself agreeing with all of your posts. i like VMware a lot too but i think it might have to do with the fact that we had to know how to support it when i worked in IT. i left that job right when they started pushing hyper-V (i think it was W8?) so i haven't had a chance to try it but it looked pretty badass.

If you need to upgrade/replace more than one of those items every couple years, you're doing it the hard way

What set of weights do you use? To stop it from taking off, of course

>Okay, then suggest a good liquid cooler.
"Good" implies you have the skill to put together a proper liquid cooling set up.
Just get the corsair prebuilt thing.

>>AMD
Stopped reading there.

Alright faggots, poorfag here, this is my first time doing this.
pcpartpicker.com/list/ZzGmD8
Is it good?
What SSD should I get?

I'm currently using a 2500K. It's a 5 year old build. If I wanted to get a new CPU I would have to upgrade all of the previously stated except the GPU.

I think you misunderstood/I worded that poorly, i'm asking you to link that then.

That wasn't what I was saying

>GHz

stopped reading

Only thing I don't like about this case is how hot the sdds get from the gpu

Yeah don't listen to that guy windows 10 can't uninstall your pirated games...

So in the event I don't do dual boot and do that, should 1 500gb SSD be enough for 10 and then VM-ing 7 and potentially XP/vista?

pcpartpicker.com/list/6264pb

If you're building above $500, there isn't really a reason to go with an AMD CPU.

lol i did suggest a good cooler - corsair. do i have to link a specific one? here you go

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181029&cm_re=corsair-_-35-181-029-_-Product

>mini ITX

i like having a more modular setup in terms of storage. if you anticipate needing a shitload of storage space why don't you build a mini ITX for easy transport when you travel, and get a little 2 or 4-bay NAS? if you get a Synology NAS you can do their hybrid RAID setup for data redundancy. i would suggest that anyway because work assets call for more data security than your gaming rig does.

>spoonfeed me please
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=corsair liquid cooling&N=-1&isNodeId=1
Pick one, the closed-loop systems are shit compared to real liquid cooling but it's marginally better than a hsf.
If you want a real liquid cooling setup you're on your own, that's intricate shit that will take a couple hours to learn.

I don't know of any motherboards that it is required in, you'll just run in single channel instead of dual channel mode which means half the memory bandwidth.

that wasn't me. see

I had a short stint for a while doing IT in schools and stuff. We mostly used server 2012 with hyper-v. It is really good for what it is, but it lacks some basic functionality that other programs do like resolution scaling, shared clipboards and that, it could be a fucking pain sometimes, you really miss it when you're used to VMWare.

Absolutely, I have a 500gb SSD with VMs for 7, Ubuntu, XP, Server 2012 and Android and combined they total only around 70gb.

yes. also keep in mind that the SSD is your BOOT drive ONLY. you ONLY put the OS and the programs you feel like you need quick access to, and most of those won't take up that much space. for games and for bigger data (music, movies, etc), that all is going to go on your big 3TB data drives.

>this tinfoil-hatting over windows 10 seems to be something only faggots on reddit have a problem with.

There's a lot of underage reddit in this thread, starting with the dumbfuck OP, but you totally take the cake.

You got it all mixed up. Reddit is the place where grateful shit eaters like you congregate and where you belong.

Get an AMD video card before you go for an AMD processor.

interesting. my IT job was a student gig at school while i was in college. cushiest job ever, i miss it sometimes but customer service work is fucking brutal and i don't know that i could go back to being that fucking poor haha

Alright, thanks

I'm aware

>kek i'm not a reddit u are m8

grateful shit eaters? what the fuck are you talking about

Pls respond

if you're honestly about to pay 700$ for this piece of shit you're the king of all retards.

I was going to get the cool master but opted for the cryorig h7 instead. Heard its easier to install, quieter, and looks better!

Ah same story with me. There's stupid, but teachers are just a special kind of stupid. I left it for a steady office job. Its pretty boring though and I do miss IT.

>AMD
You want to play games right OP?

>urr tinfoil hat
>Corporations and governments are not after your data this is a conspiracy theory

Retards like you have been BTFO in the past and keep getting BTFO every time a new proved and cited demonstration comes out. But Keep drinking that cool aid while you tell OP these overpriced junks make for a good build.

why only a 1TB hard drive? if you're poor and you want an SSD just get whatever is on sale on newegg or on amazon. i would stick with a 250GB or greater size drive, though. it really doesn't matter what brand of SSD, just get whatever is cheapest and has the most good reviews. you don't have to worry as much about brand with SSDs because they're not subject to the mechanical failures of HDDs

GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card

If you're gonna build such a shitty rig you might as well just go all the way to pleb town instead of setting up camp on road halfway there.

this

Have fun with your like 5 year old processor....

>Tfw its been 1 year since i started buying parts for my PC
>Only motherboard left to buy

Almost there.
>Tfw i only make $7 a day and only $1 goes towards PC build savings

Being a third worlder is suffering.

>Being a third worlder is suffering.
Have you tried not being poor?

>BTFO
>implying i give a fuck that the government or a corporation has my data when i subject myself to data mining by simply opening a browser window

also

>current year
>assuming that your data is safe behind your shit VPN and Windows 7

are you fucking retarded or are you running TAILS as your daily OS?

when i reference tinfoil-hatting, i'm not saying that datamining by corporations and the gov't are false, that's definitely true. what i'm saying is that why the fuck in this day and age do you think that staying off of W10 is going to somehow magically shield you from the government or corporate datamining? every time you open a browser window, you're being datamined. every second your cell phone is on, somebody is collecting data about you. wake the fuck up, unless you literally live off the grid and only connect to the outside world using an airgapped PC with TAILS on it, your shit is unsafe and the effort of bending over backwards to stay on windows 7 is not going to save you from being unsafe.

By mexican standards, im making good money.
$400 Pesos a day which is $20 a day.

Still i only can waste $7 of those $20 because bills and food.

good for you for budgeting and making it happen at least .what have you got in there so far.

don't get it stolen :^)

unless you're gonna play in 1440p you don't need a 1080.

actually sorry that's false you would still have your info out there because you'd have to pay for internet. maybe if you're using a burner hotspot.

even then though, there would be some camera recording you going in to buy the hotspot or you probably have to give your name/ID when you go buy a hotspot.

but i guess you could send a proxy in there for you to buy it, but then wouldn't the proxy know who you are? and can't the government get info on your proxy? i bet he talked about you on his phone or on the internet.

>AMD
>8GBs
>960
Fucking waste of money right there.

>implying i give a fuck that the government or a corporation has my data when i subject myself to data mining by simply opening a browser window

>I don't know how data mining works but I'm going to make myself look like a gigantic faggot in the process

Do you put games on the regular HDD and the OS on the SSD?

>what have you got in there so far.
I5-4460, 500B PSU, 1TB WD Blue, 240GB 850 EVO on current PC, HAF 912, $400 in the bank for a Videocard.

Planning to get a Z97 motherboard just for the Z97 slot and the extra PCIe Slots and the extra fan connectors.
Unless there is a good game coming out soon im not getting a B85.

>unless you're gonna play in 1440p you don't need a 1080.

This meme right here, considering all the ports today are completely fucked you'll be lucky if you can squeeze 60 fps on 1080p with a 1080 while maxing pretty much any new somewhat good looking game.

What? The GPU fan pulls cool air onto the GPU, not push hot air down.

>just for the Z97 slot
Just for the M2 slot*

what is your home page? does it not log your IP address? holy fucking shit dude are you this autistic that i have to go through this step by step or are you going to keep building that fucking terra cotta army of strawmen over there?

for the most part, yes. i keep a couple of games on the SSD like ARMA 3

>Being a mexican wagecuck
>Not being a european NEET

What case?

pcpartpicker.com/list/8N2rM8

tried making something for you op. 730 bucks 705 with a mail in rebate. if you can spare another 50 to 70 bucks throw in an ssd

someone explain to me how Intel cpu generations work.

Well for shit optimized games
1080 can still run anything easily over 60fps?

I dunno I've had consistently over 60fps on gtav, tw3, forza and dxmd with my 1080 at max settings, and this is in 1440p

wait wut dammit, the case and ssd i spent more on really fucked me. this is pretty good build, u dont even need the CPU cooler here or the cd drive desu.

>No M.2 slot
Dropped.

Yes, I heard games like Arma and maybe GTAV work better on SSD

CD>C2D>I5-X>I5-2XXX>I5-3XXX>I5-4XXX>I5-5XXX>I5-6XXX
Its not that hard to understand.

i just use my SSD for everything like a normal HD. fuck the police.

Well, it use to be "tick-tock" where every alternating generation would reduce the size of the process, then the opposite alternating generation would be a remaking of the architecture, but now they're doing some tick-tock-other shit where it's a tick for size, a tock for architecture, and other as a perfect mix of the two both functioning at their best.

If you meant in terms of naming conventions then there are none.

>I don't know how data mining works but I'm going to make myself look like a gigantic faggot in the process

>20c idling
wowee, you sure are showing everybody how much of an idiot you are
now open up a game and record how much fucking noise those coolers make and reassess the situation

>FX-6350

My friend has this processor. It's absolutely shit, and bottlenecks in nearly everything we try to play together.

>8GB of RAM

Do you think this is still 2012?

>GTX 960

Lol

Do yourself a favor and just don't. I know you're young and want to be part of "le PeeSee masterrace" and whatnot, but with a build this shitty, you'll only end up crying yourself to sleep every night and wake up for school in the morning with sadness in your heart. Get a job when you turn 16, and build something not shit. It's gonna be tough buddy, but you're gonna have to endure until then. Otherwise there'll only be ragrets.

help

I went in the BIOS and changed the fan settings so they only start accelerating after reaching 70c, which never happens even on demanding games. How does this make you feel?

What part of budget build don't you understand?

>ATI
2009 called user, they want their parts back.

>6670 ouch

>elitist faggot shitting on someone for not having top of the line parts in a budget build

Solid build, and the 16bg ram is actually very smart considering that newer games are already having stuttering issues at 8gb ram, like Mankind Divided.

Granted people will argue that 8gb is perfectly fine for most games, which is true. But spending an extra thirty bucks for future-proofing, reducing stutter, more gmail tabs for fapping, etc is definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

>which never happens even on demanding games
makes me feel like you're a liar :^)

>my web browsing and cellphone is already being tracked, so might as well let myself be dataminied at the OS level!

I thought Slippery slope was supposed to be a fallacy.

>friend spends $1000 beefing out his mid tier pc
>gtx1080, 16GB ram, LEDs, and other shit
>maxes out most modern games at 100-300fps
>still uses a 1080p 60hz monitor
>claims you can't tell a difference after 60fps, even though he's never demoed a 120/144hz monitor before

why do people do this shit?

Wait, isn't smartphone data much more valuable/intimate than OS data? Meaning it's not a slippery slope at all, it's actually the opposite?

i have that exact mobo, i5, and a rx470 gpu, i was wondering why it was the same cost as my build, but i forgot to take into account shipping costs. mine was like $600 something before shipping, then $700 after shipping.

It's the truth. The highest I've ever seen this CPU go during a game was about 65c. And by the way, all of this is after overclocking to 4.3ghz. This is how good this stock cooler is.

u can def tell theres less screen tearing at 120 hz. i used to have 120 hz playing fucking cs source like 8 years ago lol. then got a new HDTV 60 hz to play on and its fucking shitty how much difference there is.

I plan on building a new mini itx PC in the next year but I am also worried about overheating my components. I might just cave and go with a mid tower again, the one I have now has a lot of convinent features but it's bulky.

You're just taking the piss if you think 8GB isn't enough ram for pc gaming.

it isn't just a budget build, it's poorly chosen hardware in a budget build, he's overpaying for worse parts and isn't the getting the most bang outta his buck

go for something like this if you can

thanks for the help you fanny bandits, now i know what parts to buy

Unless you just use your pc for pissing about, I'd imagine having sensitive work files on your pc is a lot more valuable than whatever the fuck you have on your cellphone.

>fanny bandits
I prefer the term "dick goblin" but you're quite welcome my friend.

ugh just tell him to get a 1440p 144hz 1ms gsync monitor and he will never be able to go back to a normal monitor and refresh rate. I was once a plebiscite like him until I actually went for it.

A 1151 Motherboard and a I5-6400
A GTX 1070.

Thats it.

Ah, gotcha. I was just thinking about how most smartphone apps require permissions to data, contacts, gps, etc and how Google Maps tracks every single place you've ever gone to (even while the app is closed.)

But like you said, if that user uses his computer for pissing about, then it's not a slippery slope fallacy.

Buying windows 10 from a retailer is absolutely a ripoff. You can get an authentic windows 10 key from ebay for 15-20 dollars. Buy a nicer processor or motherboard with the saved money.

ebay.com/itm/Windows-10-PRO-32-64bit-OFFICIAL-DIGITAL-INSTANT-DELIVERY-ACTIVATION-KEY-TOOL-/282167634060?hash=item41b280688c:g:pzoAAOSwOVpXWzLl

>970
Still able to max the games I play :^)

What do you guys thing is a better upgrade:

>128GB of DDR4 ram for a 100GB ramdisk
>1TB SSD
Not sure if I should make my system load instant or speed up my game loads.

I'm not a computer so i need some extra handholding, so thats a motherboard, processor, and a graphics card? will my power supply handle that with 8 gigs more of ram?

u silly goose

No

Quite honestly that CPU is bad, and that GPU is a bit low.

You should skimp on everything you can except for an SSD, GPU, and CPU, and if you can somehow manage, get atl east DDR 4 3200 as that matters in severely CPU bottlenecked games (there's benchmarks to prove it) instead of 1-4 % more like the old 1333vs1600vs2100 argument.

> I'm not a computer

youtube.com/watch?v=RH1ekuvSYzE

Not exactly, just a kind of motherboard.
You can get any Z170, B150 or H110 motherboard based in your budget.

Your current computer uses more energy than those 3.
That is what 6 years of development based on efficiency does.

Indeed, your psu will handle the extra memory, ram doesn't cost much power.
You can also simply download a real Win10 iso and simply use an unlocker app to authorize it.

Anything buyable atm can 'max' a game, this isn't 2005 where certain settings require a certain level of hardware, the question is what type of framerate you'll get.

>from 2006
>that was 10 years ago>almost 11 now

where does the time go

Case? i'm thinking of getting one like that.

>>>logicalincrements.com
For more tips about building a PC.

mITX probably.

3 way SLI has massive diminishing returns. If youre asking if those 3 cards SLI would match a 1080 then no certainly not.

If you dont want to spend for a 1080 then put 2 480s in Xfire

both. stop being poor.

>micro ATX motherboard
>full tower
are you retarded?

i did this, looks dumb, but theres tons of airflow lol and i just liked the case desu

That config is a lot more common than you may think

You can also get OEM keys from playasia for $25. They're completely legit keys. The only problem is they can only be installed on one computer. Which shouldn't be an issue for you.

>future proof
>ram

Just buy more when you actually need it. They're cheap and you can just buy 2 sticks now, and another 2 sticks later.

made a poorfags build for ppl itt. r8 pls

pcpartpicker.com/list/MMQRVY

EVGA PSU should be cheaper.

Also that is no poorfag build.

A poorfag tier build would be a H110+Pentium-I3 or a APU build.

Its a shit build t b h desu senpai.

I mean honestly, you need at least twice that power for everything at least, in order to play fucking anything other then 1995 PC games mate.

Not terrible but if you can afford to shell out another $50 for an ssd(120gb-250gb) to put your OS on, it'll feel like night and day.

I also have an matx with a full case. It was cost efficient.

Is that a node 202? I am thinking about getting one but not sure if i can fit a 3.5" drive into it

Posts like this are why you should never listen to Cred Forums when it comes to build/tech advice

>GI Joe videos
>2006
how new are you?

Underage here. Bought these with summertime job funds. Don't really know how good this is going to be.

Behold the minibar

Gigabyte 1060 6GB
Water cooling i5 6500

I'm pretty user was joking, you know like ironically being retarded???

I am also in the same boat but i buy used parts instead. Managed to keep every thing under $150 and they are all working well

You only missed an Asrock motherboard for the memebuild user.

>all these computer builds
>wanna go play a game on my PC
>remember my motherboard is dead
>get sad
>can't afford new motherboard
>just play Tomorrow Children some more

such is life, comrade

Get a cheap low tier chipset motherboard?

>Underage here.

MODS

Did I dodge a bullet or am I in the same level of shit? Also don't know what kind of graphics card to get.

I wanna get a cheap AM3+ motherboard and an 8350 to replace what i have- a Phenom II x4 975. That's like... $250ish and is a pretty decent upgrade. Everything else on my build is fine, just my motherboard won't receive power.

>Underage
Enjoy your permanent IP ban

More like you took them all.

>AMD CPU/Motherboard
>Seagate HDD
>200r?

Atleast Gigabyte makes good motherboards, not good BIOS but good quality.

user, just get a cheap B150 and a I5-6500 for $280.

FX-8300 series are 4 years old already.

FUCK! I didn't want to get assblasted for having shitty parts

Good idea honestly

I assume that's a DDR3 compatible motherboard and all

Its not, Skylake uses DDR4.

Well that makes shit more expensive because i'd have to replace my existing RAM. Fuck

modz modz modz modz

8GB DDR4 is only $30.

And a I5-4690K with a Z170 is $300 too.

And we're already WAY over my original $200ish price range

you can see why i haven't fixed my shit yet

I have an FX-6300 from my 2012 build. I'm not a huge fan of it. I recommend a last-gen i7 or last gen i5 if you're going to build a budget PC.

Well we are talking about one of the most expensive part of the PC and a part compatible with it.

>960

no no no no, save up again and get 1060 6gb

the leap from 960/480 to 1060 is huge and worth waiting

Yeah, and my budget is around $200. We're already going towards $400, which is double my budget.

i just need my shit working right and get a minor upgrade versus spending almost enough to build an entire new computer

Nice Node 202 build.

I'm actually going to be building in a RVZ01 case soon, and Node 202 was my original choice, but I wanted the 120mm fan over the motherboard, and at least 1 spot for a full size hard drive.

Any recs on a good budget LGA 1151 motherboard?

GA-Z170XP-SLI.

Fuck that's nice, but that case looks like such a pain in the ass to work with

>AMD

kek

>that slow as fuck ram
>only 8gb

kek what year is it

No real point in over 2400mhz.

The only time you'll see huge gains from ram is from Ivy/Sandy stuff that's overclocked.

Airflow for cooling, demanding games drop performance once they hit a certain temperature threshold

>980 Ti
>63 Celsius idle
holy fuck is this normal

bare minimum get at least an i5 quad core

doesn't matter if it's 2 or 3 gens behind, it still beats every AMD offering

rx 480/ gtx 1060 will be the high tier standard for a year or 2, get either one. I'd get the 1060 personally

the RX480 will be bottlenecked by the CPU, I suggest if you really want to use the new ones go for a RX470 and about the cooler, throw that shitty evo212 away either get a proper cryorig h5 cooler.

If he has a low fan profile during idle, yeah.

Alright, I made this build over a few hours. Starting totally fresh, so I don't have the monitor, mouse, etc.
pcpartpicker.com/list/3k2rM8
Budget isn't too much of a concern, but I think I might be going overkill in some areas.

Good cuz that processor is gona shrek them.

I wanted to build a setup like that with that case I couldn't really justify it because I have no use for it.

I would personally go with Intel and Nvidia dude. Also you get what you pay for so make sure you're getting something that will last you a couple years. You dont want to buy a pc and have to change hardware within 2 years, thats silly. 8 gigs of ram is fine but I'd go with an i5 for cpu and a 970 or better for the gpu. Also a stronger psu, like 850+ watts, incase you want to sli in the future when current gen cards become cheaper. The difference between a $700 build and a $900 one might be all you need to stretch the hardware's functional lifespan.

Everything I've ever owned made by AMD was loud and hot as shit. Switched sides and my pc is quiet now. Welcome to the mustard race.

Not really too on topic but I don't feel it's worth it's own thread.

I finally got a new desktop after being stuck with the one I got in 2010 for longer then I wanted.

What are some good games to play that I can now run that I couldn't before? The cheaper the better but full 60$ suggestions are fine too

>old build was AMD phenom x11 965, 6870, 16gb ram
>new build is 6700k, gtx 1070, 32gb ram

Already planning on trying BF4, Asscreed black flag, Evolve, Far Cry 3/Blood dragon, Dragons Dogma, and Total War Shogun 2/Rome 2

none of it looks overkill
you should get a solid state drive and 16gb of ram

Meh, could do lots better.
No reason to build on the AM3+ platform. No new CPUs coming out for it and it uses DDR3.
Get an LGA1151 platform, start with an i3 and you can upgrade the CPU in a few years if you want.
A 4GB 960 is way too expensive at this point. More bang for your buck if you get a 3GB 1060 or a 4GB 470.
Also you forgot an SSD, which you shouldn't skip

Might want a better case than I picked pcpartpicker.com/list/kQWrM8

I seriously wonder how the fuck there's a thing like third world tourism. If I were in that economic state knowing the fat old guy has more on him than what I make in a year I'd beat and rob any fucking caucasian I could find.

Dumb this down for me; solid snake drives make your computer faster when the system files are on it, correct? Are there any other processes that improve from an SSD?

if you install your operating system on an SSD it will be faster
another example would be if you installed a game on a SSD, the game would load assets and areas faster
any sort of data retrieval is faster on an SSD

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/WfPbhq

What can I run with this? I'm Canadian

m8, you can run anything.

Get a monitor to match your rig, e.g., 1440p.

>970 or better for the gpu
Current card at that performance tier is the 1060. You're behind the times, gramps.
>a stronger psu, like 850+ watts, incase you want to sli in the future when current gen cards become cheaper.
Possibly but that's too much wattage, you can mGPU 150W cards (like the 1070) on a 500W PSU. Also you have to make sure your mobo can support mGPU.

Unless you're actually going to bother overclocking the CPU just get an i5 6500 and an H170 mobo
If you stick with the Z170 mobo get 3000MHz RAM, if H170 get 2133MHz
GTX 1070 is too much for that 1080p 60Hz monitor. Drop to 6GB 1060

>bare minimum get at least an i5 quad core
Nope, i3 6100 is fine. It has four threads. You can upgrade the CPU to an i5/i7 later if you want.

It's fine, but weak. Try to save up for something like this pcpartpicker.com/list/kQWrM8
You can drop the SSD if you're really poor.

As far as what games, you can run anything. Just not with decent settings.

what can that build run?

I'm looking to play everything at 1080p at least settings around medium is fine.

>There are people that haven't bought a R9 Fury
>There are people that haven't unlocked the hardware to Fury X performance
>There are people not taking advantage of HBM and A-sync

It'll last you 2 years until next gen Nvidia GPUs are an option.

The i3 6100 / RX 470 build I posted can run anything on High or Ultra 60FPS.
The RX 460 build can run most games on medium, but for how long, I don't know.

>m8, you can run anything.

Right, but I have no clue what games that have come out in the past 4-5 years that are actually worthwhile or not

I wonder if they make a slightly larger model.

it's ok

Should i have the GPU fan running even when im not playing video games?

if so what %

I'm still pretty new to custom PC making and would just like a bit of help. Right now I'm running on a 5770, a Phenom X2, and 8GB RAM on a 500w PSU. Got an ASUS MOBO as well. This was all just random parts I scrounged up relatively cheap years and years back(Something like eight or so years now I'd say)

All I want is 1080p on high or ultra at 60FPS for at least a couple years, what exactly should I be aiming for that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? It's my understanding I basically have to just replace the MOBO, the CPU, the GPU, and maybe the PSU, right? Right now it's an AMD build but I was thinking of going NVIDIA, the problem is I'm not exactly Mr. Moneybags here and if I can save costs by not switching out the MOBO that would be great. Any recommendations?

I was 16 back then

Please kill me

pcpartpicker.com/list/kQWrM8
Might want a better case. Can drop the SSD if you're really poor.

Depends, some cards can passively cool when not under load. The graphics card should handle fan speed for you.

absolutely not. 16 is more than enough for gaming at the moment unless you're doing a lot of video processing or rendering.

I've got a pretty spacious case so I'm not too worried about stuff not fitting, the guys who originally helped me set this up made sure of that. So then I would basically just get an i5 if I can(They're just a bit more than an i3, right?) and the RX 470? I'm set with the PSU as of now since I'm sure the one I have is 500w, and my cheapy 8GB of RAM should still last for a good while. Do MOBOs need to be replaced that often? This one is like from 2010 I want to say, maybe a bit later since I had problems with my original one after a couple years.

>if I can save costs by not switching out the MOBO that would be great
Didn't see that. If your mobo is AM3+ just get a used FX 6350 (make sure it comes with cooler) or a new FX 8350 with the Wraith cooler.
Then grab an RX 470 4GB and you're set, even with that PSU, as long as it has a 6-pin or 8-pin power connector. (Make sure the card is powered by whatever you have.)
An SSD will be a nice addition to your refreshed rig, I'd recommend the 240GB OCZ.

>AMD CPU

asus.com/Motherboards/M4A87TDUSB3/
This is the one I have, seems like it has AM3 support but I'm not sure if that means AM3+ or not.

470 was the one that you can just easily overclock to a tier higher, right?

OS is free. Get windows 10 x64 Microsoft gives it for free literally.

I just bought this to stream with, my friend recommended it.

I've still only played Dark Souls and Overwatch on it.

Looks like your mobo doesn't support FX CPUs
asus.com/Motherboards/M4A87TDUSB3/HelpDesk_CPU/
In that case I'd go with the build I previously recommended, i3 6100 + 470.
If you buy a non-reference 470 you can easily OC it to reference 480 performance.

What brand 1060 graphics card do you guys recommend?

So, speak to me like an idiot for a second here. Is this a problem in the long run or does this only concern AMD CPUs? I'm perfectly fine with just buying an i3/5 since I know they're going to last for a good while yet, but will GPU compatibility still be fine in the end? Also, best place to find a non-ref 470 or is the one you linked in the original set a non-ref?

AMD doesn't have any competitive CPUs out right now. They are done releasing CPUs for FM2+, AM3+ and are going to move to AM4.
Intel moves from socket to socket as well, but more frequently than AMD. Currently Intel is on the 1151 socket, and their next gen (Kaby Lake) is also on 1151. That's why I'm suggesting that, since you have to get a new mobo, you should get the 1151 and an entry level CPU, the i3 6100. You'll also buy DDR4 with this platform, which will be relevant for a long time.

The MSI 470 that I linked to is non reference (aka factory OC'd). You'll get a better chip and you can probably push it to 1340MHz

Thanks man, I'll save up for that then, seems like I'll have to go for the main stuff since it only has two RAM slots and I'm basically running this one on four 2GB ones I got on the cheap that I'm sure aren't the best to begin with.

That RAM is too old anyway - you want DDR4.

Actually, I realized I had actually had the fans off. Normally with the fans at 25% it idles at a low 34c.

Why the hell are you people buying from WD when HGST is better?

Ouch, I have an external 1TB seagate.

>still waiting on the gpu to arrive (gtx 1060)

Also, why is my RAM displayed wrong? It's only 16GB.

Everything Seagate is terrible, I keep receiving them as gifts so naturally I have to use the things. My current ones are the only ones that have lived past two years now, and even then they have problems disconnecting if a slight breeze hits the cables.

990 boards perform better but good luck finding a good one below a c note....970's bottleneck 8300 series like crazy. Also fan up heat will be an issue. Every thread becomes get SSD and this exact i5 or you're doomed. Gone are the days when your ability with PC's set you apart. Now everything has to be cookie cutter bs.

logicalincrements.com/
/thread

No idea. Fucking Speccy doesn't properly display memory frequency either. My BIOS and mobo both report my memory clockspeed @ 2133MHz.

Speccy? 1066 MHz, wtf.

Absolute garbage.

-Never buy an AMD CPU (maybe they'll be good again with Zen)
-960 was a shit value card when it came out and it's terrible value now
-No SSD

How much does your processor influence the general speed of your computer? Some months ago I finally got my ass around to getting an SSD, but I felt pretty disappointed in that the increase in speed wasn't really that significant; most of it probably came from reinstalling my OS.
I currently have a first generation i5 and contemplating getting a modern i5 instead, though it would be pointless if the bottleneck is elsewhere.

>How much does your processor influence the general speed of your computer
CPU determines how fast your computer seems. Probably time to upgrade. SSD helps with boot time and fast loading

I took a quick look at parts and the GTX 1060 is basically the same price as the 960 but so much more powerful.

Do we know when the Vega is coming out? I'm debating weither to get the gtx 1080 or wait for the Vega or wait for the 1080ti.

Personally I like to keep my options free. I got a full case for $50.

You are lucky. I do cs go trading and i have like 40 chrome tabs open at once and I just had to buy 16 gigs of ram since I wanted all my tabs open and cs At the same time. Now my computer runs 8gb at idle.

I've got a rig pretty much identical to OP's (950 instead of 960). One year later, I'm trying to upgrade some stuff. I'm thinking about a FX-8350 and a RX 480, but right now I can't afford both. What should I buy first? Which part is more "important"? Also, will I be able to play most games at high settings, 1080p/60 FPS?

I forget the rumors, but the 1080 really sucks on a price / performance evaluation. Get the 1070 or wait

>Shit Airflow & High Dust Accumulation: The Case

Can the 1070 do 1440p/144hz?

???
You only need 2 sticks if you dual channel

I like the tesseract but srsly, a $40 case for a $800 machine?

The only thing I hate is your wifi usb stick. Unless you live in a thrd world, you will appreciate 5Ghz

Bro. I got a 960. Get the RX 380X instead. Unless you plan on buying a shit power supply.

What keyboard is that?

Yeah, it's not going to hit 144FPS at 1440p in new games, but no graphics card is. The 1080 is only the 1070+20%.

Always buy the cut down chips like the 1070 or 1080Ti.

Because monoliths look pretty swell

If the paste is fucked then the cou does indeed get that hot in an instant
I once tried to start my pc a few times while forgetting to mount the cooler or paste, it'd shut down after a few seconds with the cpu being scalding hot

Anyone?

Is your CPU overclocked? If not then get a decent cooler and overclock it.

After that get a 470/480/1060.

What processor do you have now that any amd processor would be an upgrade lol

So you're saying I should go for an overclocked FX-6300 + RX 480 combo? I'm not even sure how to overclock the right way.

RX 470 instead of GTX 970
Switch the 1TB HD for a 256GB SSD and keep an eye of your data
Switch the FX to a i3 Skylake and OC it

I've got a FX-6300. I won't change my motherboard just to buy an Intel CPU, I'm sticking to AMD.

My laptop has better specs than this.

Rate my build

Intel I5 6700K clocked to 4.2Ghz + Aftermarket cooler
16GB 3300Mhz DDR4
EVGA 1070
250GB SSD
1TB HDD
650W Gold-Rated Power supply

>core i5

You guys are doing this on purpose aren't you?

You can get 16GB (2x8GB) of corsair DDR4 at 3300Mhz for cheaper than the stuff your spec has there

> 4.2Ghz
I'm sure you can go higher

What monitor?

I'm sure I can, but I value lifespan over performance. 4.2 seems to be demolishing most games so far, haven't had any performance issues with anything I've run.
I am open to clocking it higher in the future, but at the moment it seems unnecessary.

The monitor is my only let down. I am playing on an old HDTV with god only knows how much input latency. Probably 20-50ms input latency but I've still managed to get to 2700 SR in Overwatch ranked.

I can't wait to see what I can do once I get a

>2.6Ghz
>60c

jesus Christ do you keep your computer inside an oven?

please get a nice cooler for that poor cpu

>AMD

Wait for Zen CPUs, get a RX480

This is the speccy thread?

r8 but dont discrimin8

Just wait for AMD Zen CPU its coming out next month and will DESTROY any Intel CPU.

Please teach this retard to install addition HDD.

Great point

Shoulda got a 1060
Shoulda got a 6600

>60C
>476 GB hard drive
>No ssd

>i5
>8GB ram
>RX 470

You're alright

>core i5

Stop

Rate and adjust my build.

I keep reading that people advise having an i7 instead of an i5. Since when were i7's viable for gaming? I thought hyper threading was still a non feature for games?

Get an Intel CPU tho. Trust me, it's worth it. Also 470 might be a better budget card, it's only a bit slower than 480 but also quite a lot cheaper.

i7 is a meme. Also, overclock that i5.

be gentle...

Personally would go EVGA G2 for higher quality PSU but I'm sure you'd be fine wither way. Everything else is pretty standard.

And if you're only gaming an i7 is into diminishing returns territory for price/performance.

I never bothered with cable management myself. Too much of a hassle for no payoff.

>core i5

I seriously hope you guys don't do this

It's okay, could use a tune up.

Also what's with all that storage? Are you a digital hoarder?

1060 is about 30% more in my country when I bought it. I agree that I should have got a 6600.

>i5
i5 is far better bang for buck than an i7 especially for games.
>8GB RAM
It's enough for all of my needs now. When I need more I can buy more, it's cheap.
>RX 470
It was the best in my price range when I bought it. 480s were out of stock.

>M-muh price range

If you're gonna spend hundreds anyways, why not get parts that aren't obsolete. Building a PC just to turn down settings and lower your standards is fucking stupid.

>Using a windowed case

When will this meme end? The guts of a PC look like garbage 99.9% of the time. It's far sleeker just to hide it all away, especially since window kiddies mostly just go full rice with a bunch of Christmas lights.

None of those parts are obsolete you braindead memelord.

im buying a new monitor, should I go IPS or stay with TN? is there really a HUGE difference between 4ms and 1ms?

>using meme in the wrong context
>"i don't like something, make it stop!!"
>using reddit-tier reaction image

kek yourself mate

Yeah I will OC it to 4.2 Ghz once I buy and build it.

I was thinking of coupling this to a Iiyama Prolite B2783QSU screen (27 inch 1440p). I think the 1070 should handle it just fine untill Volta gets released right?

>can't even ultra all current games at 1080p/60fps

Obsolete! Obsolete!

I have an i5 right now and let me tell you that i7 is the wise choice. MOST of the time an i5 will be enough, but I fucking guarantee you absolutely will run into games where you wish you had an i7 because you're being bottlenecked. An i7 will raise your frame-rates in general in cpu demanding games and help you avoid stutter, as well as giving you better multi-tasking in general.

Also, consider the fact that upgrading cpu is usually the most expensive and inconvenient component to upgrade since you have to get a new motherboard usually, which is a much bigger install and requires a fresh windows install. It's smarter to get i7 and not have to upgrade as soon, all the while enjoying the better performance. For those reasons I'm looking out for a used i7 to replace my i5.

literally just purchased all this shit 2 days ago, minus 1 HD and the cooler

Just pirate the OS faggot

Just out of curiousity, which games are bottlenecked with an i5 right now from your own experience?

>minus the cooler

>Zotac
I've had two Zotac cards with two different builds and both times the fuckers had coil whine. Don't trust those fags since.

>core i5

Apologize

For reference I have an i5 4690, which is one of the newer better i5s.

I get stutters in Arkham Knight caused by my CPU going up to 100% (the rest of my system is definitely up to scratch, 16GB ram etc.), Crysis 3 absolutely shits all over my CPU, Witcher 3 is known to run noticeably better in novigrad with an i7, I think my cpu struggled a bit in Wolfenstein as well which has i7 has recommended.

A lot of the time it's fine but I regret not spending that extra $100 at the time every time dem bottlenecks crop up.

using my huge noctua from my current computer

How risky are them CPU water cooling things I don't want to turn my rig on and its leaking, I plan on getting a corsair i55 btw

They're a total meme. good air coolers are more reliable and better performing (and quieter).

If you:

>bought anything weaker than a 1070
>don't have a 144hz monitor
>don't have an i7
>have only 8GB of Ram

You pretty much cucked yourself. Why even play on PC if you can't ultra current games and can't get more than 60fps anyways. Might as well play on console.

>Can only do 60fps? May as well play console

Yeah because consoles are well known for reliably performing at 60fps

guys pls

Anyone have any experience with Corsaid mechanical keyboards? Are they any good? Also MX red, brown or blue for someone who plays RTS, FPS and RPG games?

Just ordered a Dark Rock 3 yesterday, with a new quiet 200mm fan, can't wait.

>kek

Kill yourself, reddit.

Thanks man I was thinking of getting one of those noctua coolers

>960
Holy shit
What made you think this is a good idea?

>AMD Processor
>no SSD
This is bait

If you're overclocking, one of the nicer Noctua or Be Quiet! Dark Rock coolers are a good choice. If you're not overclocking, a Cooler Master 212 is pretty damn good.

accessibility link?

Does this mean getting a 1440p/144hz monitor is a waste at the moment since no gpu can do it?

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/dNYrvV

Any advice on this build?

Just looking for a decent gaming rig. Only problem is that I already own a GTX 970.

$2k budget, just the tower

But can it do emulation well?

>all these people satisfied with the laggy bullshit that is 60fps

80 is the absolute minimum, and you should aim for 100

>au.pcpartpicker.com/list/dNYrvV

Are you going to be doing SLI or something? If not 800+w is quite overkill. Even 650 or 750 would be shitloads for any newer single gpu configuration.

Probably. However, I feel like 144Hz FHD screen is something amazing and I can't live without it anymore.

Why the fuck would you buy Haswell when it almost costs the same as a Skylake?

Get a 6600k/6700k/ and a 1070. Sell your 970.

That PSU is ridiculous overkill. A 550W would be plenty but get 600W if you're paranoid.

Pirate Windows you dumb fuck.

How's this? Upgrading from an FX-8150
Still sitting on the fence about the CPU Cooler, I have the 212 right now, but I should probably upgrade to a liquid cooler at one point

Scythe Fuma are also good, but can't speak much for how easy their brackets are to use.

You should buy an AMD gpu, they are better price performance wise

If you're going for a build as nice as that you ought to go for 2x8GB instead of 2x4GB

>should probably upgrade to a liquid cooler at one point

If you think the 100MHz overclock is worth the $100.

>au.pcpartpicker.com/list/dNYrvV
He's in OZ, you silly, in the UK there's a simillar thing where Skylake costs more than Haswell by a margin and not the overclockable models either.

Mine, need a new monitor, suggestions?

I'll probably get another two sticks in December
Sorry, I forgot to add that I'm planning to buy a 1070 in 2 months, the 770 is what I currently have
I'm not sure if the 212 can handle the OC'd i5

I can understand why you'd want a new monitor with a 1070 (why is it so hot?) but I think you should prioritise a SSD instead. It's worth it, user.

Well what is the max hz you can get at 1440p? I'll settle for a compromise as long as it can go beyond 90hz.

Loading times aren't worth it, especially if it's just OS.
Get a 120/144 Hz screen. Ignore the G-sync screens.

I'm considering it since the price dropped for the 980's, however i've heard most games don't utilize SLI very much.

I did look at some performance comparisons between the 4790k vs 6700k and the 4790k comes out marginally ahead while being slightly cheaper

I bought the 980 for about $700 AUD. At this point i'd stand to lose $200 selling it right now. My options are:

>Double down and buy a second 980

>sell it on gumtree or something for a loss

>keep it and replace it in 1-2 years

Also never pirating windows again. I did for my last build and delt with minor problems over the years that I would have been fine paying $150 to not have to

Why are processors so shit right now? Like 4/5 year old processors still run all games fine. But 5 year old gpus are ass.

What happened?

Good gpu, shit processor.

>Processors stay relevant for 5+ years
>That means they're shit!

I'm enjoying it. Upgrading CPU is the last thing you want.

okay

Just get some more ram and the 960 4gb will get outdated soon but you can play decent high 1080p yet

Why not just save up money?

why do people spend money they don't have and then end up regretting their purchase

It's hot because I was practicing OC'ing and accidentally moved the slider too much.

After that it stayed around 56c.

I bought some new sticks of ram and it was cheaper to buy 16gb than 8gb.

1070 is out for the moment as I returned it to get one from a different seller.

By the time I get a new monitor sorted the 1070's should be markedly cheaper.

I would go with a cooler master they just came out with the masterkeys pro

As far as switch type it's just preference

Nice one fellas I was thinking of getting i5 6600k and a gtx 1060 I was planning on a 1070 but am only assed about 1080p and I felt that 1070 was overkill?

It's pretty good, But I would pay a little extra for a 480. The large boost in FPS is worth the extra money.

>Uses insane browser memory
>blames Win10
lad

Thats not what I said, for example, during the pentium era, a pentium 1 was 5 years older than the pentium 4, and the pentium 4 blew the shit out pentium 1. Pentium 1 for gaming would run games at 5fps max.

Now, a 5 year old processor can still play games ez.

You could argue "DIMINISH RETURNS", but if that was true, we would see the same thing for GPUs. And gpus take huge leaps every year.

Remember people overclocking their pentium 4s to 8GHZ?

Why would anyone do this? This shit must be loud as fuck

Help lads

That's why I've got rid of mine for the moment, will dick around with a friend's RX 470 and try and figure out a comfortable level of performance.

Really I'm not sweating about a £100 or so but more why spend £360 on something that may depreciate much quicker if I only play low end shit?

Also God bless the 750 ti, going back to it from my 1070 I find it an admirable card.

Ma rig:
>gtx960 4gb
>I7 4790k (no oc)
>12gb ddr3 at 1200
>Asus b87 pro gaming mobo (or so i dont remember exactly the name)
>Phanteks dual fan cpu cooler (has a weird name)
>Coolermaster shitty case (but does the job)
>Shitty logitec keyboard (will upgrade to a mechanic soon)
>Razer 2014 mouse
Runs fine, will upgrade the case, the ram and the gpu when mecessary but i have no hurry, it runs well games at 1080p high settings almost in every game

Well for £400 I got a Fx8350 8gb ddr3 ram, a 270x 4gb, the motherboard, a new case, a 240gb ssd and a 2tb HDD.
That's not too bad really.
I mean I'll upgrade to a new CPU and mobo in a year or so, and I already got a 390x for £250.
It's a pretty solid machine still. I get 90fps on Doom in Vulcan at 1080p. Once I get new parts and stuff I'm going to put this stuff it in my arcade machine and make it a kickass emulation box.

>cucked
If you're going to call people retards, do it right. In no definition of any language does purchasing less than whatever is the highest standard of the time (changes yearly) make you a cuckold.

Looks like user plays on the sofa with a remote controller ans doesent care

No, all those parts are rated to be pretty quiet. What it is though is a pain in the arse to put together.

I've built computers for friends for free but someone wanted an ITX build and that was the first time I wanted money off one.

Should I buy my parts now or wait for Cyber Monday? Not in a rush.

I've seen some bench marks man the i5 and 1060 hit 70+ in most games that's all I care about desu

>fx-8350
>rx 480

Will this last long or I should upgrade to zen?

get more W
and an SSD for the OS

remember it's an investment

Then as long as you have realistic expectations and don't care much about AMD games performing "better" once benchmarks are composed of DX 12 only games then that's fine.

Nvidia cards are more reliably built due to their nature, but cost more, AMD is like a wildcard and I am bored and am going to risk overclocking this until I decide if I want a 1070 again.

You know how quickly Nvidia answered the 480 with the 1060? Rumour is they don't want Vega quashing the 1070 in DX 12 and are speeding up Volta's release to next year.

Get a FX8320e.

Speaking of Seagate, I have 2 HDD's almost 4 years old and I'm fucking sweating everyday when I boot up my PC.

They're like ticking time bombs jesus christ what a mistake I made.

That sounds good man am happy with 1080p 60 I've got a shit computer now and played consoles all my life so 1080/60 would be nice

Good goy

And that is what perspective is. PC for me was about the accessibility of the library.

I felt bitter seeing my huge 360 collection be relegated to useless because of a lack of backwards compatibility.

My mish mash of components is because it's taken 2 years of winning parts on bids.

No, the 8350 is just fine.

>meanwhile 2 years ago

8GIGS IS ENUFF UNLESS UR DOIN LOTS OF VIDYO PROCESIN OR RENDRN

It's fine if you don't mind stuttering and bottlenecking your GPU.

Owning an AMD CPU after Bulldozer is just an embarrassment.

The bequiet dark rock advanced is amazing.
Good cooling performance and extremely silent, even at 100% fan speed.

Bump

Any advice or resources for watercooling?

>FX 6350
~$100
>8GB RAM
~$35
>GTX 960
~$120
>1TB HDD
~$50
>500w PSU
~$40

This build should cost you no more than $350

find me a gtx 960 for $120 you subhuman

>being poor

r8 my future upgrade

People don't achieve financial gain from making bad speculative decisions .

Where's the 2k worth of pop tarts?

lol epic haha :^)

>amd """CPU"""

So tomorrow I'm getting an i5 6500 and a Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB. Upgrading from C2D E8400 and GTX 260 896MB. Did I do good? Am i finally gonna be able to play vidya?

You're gonna have to give a bit more info user. What kind of RAM/storage/PSU/motherboard and what kind of monitor do you use?

I'd take GTX1070 personally

You'll be fine.

Kill yourself

Mankind Divided loading times are a pain in the ass. Tempted to buy an m.2 drive to shrink load times. Anyone tried them?

I have 32, 16 of which is almost permanently being used as a ram disk as scratch storage.

No gaming stuff has made me turn it off up till now, only when I was rendering out some 4k test footage for an event thing did I bother to shrink it.

With everything at ultra you'll get 30-40 fps out of Mankind Divided. I have the same card but the 6600K CPU and 16GB of RAM. I've turned some of the graphics options off or down a little to hit 60fps.

bump
pls r8
is ok?

Are you being serious?

>core i5

>AMD CPU with NVIDIA GPU
What the fuck?

Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 2133MHz DDR4 CL14, Gigabyte GA-B150-HD3, Corsair SSD 250GB and my own Tacens 700W PSU.

Oh and my old LG E2350V monitor.

user, why would you buy DDR3 in 2016?

beleive me not worth sdaving.

>people still believe the "i7 is worth the extra 100 dollars for gaming" meme

Quit being a faggot.

what's wrong? just looking for 1080p gaming
I'm a beginner I don't even know what the difference is, I guess I'll just get a DDR4 then

Are you buying or upgrading?
What the budget?

Get a new monitor.

buying
budget is like 875 euros
it's actually for a friend of mine, he's getting a monitor and a keyboard too as well as a headset, so the PC itself can't cost more than 730 euros

Want to pirate an os, but im scared shitless of getting a virus in my new computer. Should I just take the plunge Cred Forums?

>this salty people don't appreciate his i7
But im sure you do far more important things than simply playing video games right? Like shitposting on Cred Forums

have you tried to put a cooler on your cpu ?
It really helped me not setting my house on fire, though i can no longer cook rice on it.

Ditch the SSD, it's crap brand and useless on a budget PC
Swap the Seagate HDD for a WD Caviar Black 1TB. Seagate HDD is a disaster waiting to happen
Switch the 480 RX for a 3GB version of the 1060 GTX (MSI, ASUS or Gigabyte)
Swap the PSU for a Corsair VS550
I would advize a custom cooler for the CPU like a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo

The rest is fine for a budget gaming PC on 1080p.

>waaaaaah I'm poor

Yeah yeah, stop crying.

what's wrong with i5?

Nothing, just some fag who doesn't understand what a budget PC is.

I wish I had the money to pay 150 extra dollars for 2 extra fps like you :(

Sit down, faggots.

>I'm a beginner I don't even know what the difference is, I guess I'll just get a DDR4 then
The thing is you cant just buy DDR4 you need appropriate cpu and MB for that

it is literally a waste to buy DDR3 system now

ah
just built a pc on a budget, was worried I dun goofd

link to tests