Is this game as fun as it looks?

Other urls found in this thread:

puu.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

/thread

yes it's great fun

very tense at times too

No. No dedicated (user) servers or modding tools. Netcode is meh. All the game modes feel the same. Grindan. Uplay. Hackers.

Yeah, it's the best multiplayer FPS in years. I hope there's a year two of DLC, I've been playing this since launch with no signs of stopping.

yes, but in some games you really feel the connection fucking up (on both ways, you either get some easy kills with the enemy barely reacting or you get killed after taking cover), it can get really frustrating. Other then that its really good

Nice. How active is the online?

no idea on numbers but it takes

I saw a news story about how it had more active players than at launch so its still going strong.

>No dedicated (user) servers or modding tools.
Valid.
>Netcode is meh.
True.
>All the game modes feel the same.
Yes and no. Taking out the enemy team is always viable on all game modes, but if you plan on actually doing the objective, bomb is very different than hostage. Secure area is meh.
>Grindan.
Not really. You get the vanilla operators in no time, and you get the DLC operators about every ~25 hours or so, and they only release 2 of those every 3 months. You don't even have to play for an hour a day to unlock each round of DLC ops before the next batch comes out.
>Uplay.
Complete shitpile, valid.
>Hackers.
Haven't seen any since BattlEye was implemented.

I tried it for the free weekend on steam and I didn't really enjoy it with random people with friends it's alright but the arcade and progression elements really turned me off it.
If your looking for a good tactical shooter you can't really beat cs:go

anyone got any webms of this game?

It's growing. New anti cheat system fucked over astronomical amount of hackers so online's just a treat. But it's best to team with friends.

It's pretty great, the hit detection is a bit iffy but you do feel rewarded for playing smart and coming up with cheeky plays.
It's like CS and BC2 had a baby and tried to incorporate as much R6 features in it as possible such as breaching/planning/info gathering/operator selection without it feeling cumbersome or forced in a multiplayer environment.
Ubisoft fucked up the pricing/marketing/funding but managed to leave the core of the game alone and fun.

Be warned it's all about the 5v5 gameplay.
Terrorist Hunt is a nice distraction but the game is all about the 5v5 versus mode

Best multiplayer FPS in the last 5 years

Yeah it's fun

Wow. I didnt know most of Cred Forums all like a game...

>No dedicated (user) servers
This literally exists in the game

puu.
sh/ric1A/f1fdf029d9.webm

Yeah it's a fukken great game

It is crazy grindy, what are you talking about?
Credit gain is slow as fuck, they made it like that to make boosters attractive. Also the only good thing is daily quests for unlocking operators.

>It is crazy grindy
For starter editions yes. But unlocking non-DLC operators are fast af.

>its siege thread

Sure getting 2k operators are easy, but the real meat is the new operators

25k renown is rediculous, in addition you have to buy attachments

The new ops are mostly shit, honestly
Almost none of them are necessary in any way

Best AAA shooter to come out in a long time, I think ubisoft is taking good care of it with all the free maps and constant stream of updates.
One of my complaints is that I hate the goofy characterizations of the operators

Yes.

Is this one of those 'get shit on nonstop because you don't have a mic' games? Or can I just jump in?

You get 1k renown an hour, more or less. It's not ridiculous at all.

Also, the only good DLC ops are Blackbeard, Valkyrie, and Buck. Capitao's alright.

yeah i wanna know this also

You can just jump in, people don't get angry if you have a mic or not. As long as you're helping out effectively

You 100% need a mic, but you can just jump in. If you're communicating, the community is typically pretty forgiving.

Estimate wait is

not really, if you need to point out something quickly you can ping things with a key press

anyone play it on console?
No?
..ok

It's not my fault pc is better.

i do. the game is doing well on xbox as well.

Fuck yes

Lol are YOU joking? I made TWO new alt acts yesterday and they're both geared up on >8 ops

If you're talking about cosmetics, I have my main acct 100% cosmetic'd up without spending real money and now I don't know what to spend my renown on, hence the new alt accts....

Diamond ps4, this game is fucken dope

Awww poor baby, you have to grind to get the DLC characters FOR FUCKING FREE

Of course you would post a shill reac

Not true tho lol

>Most of the new ops are mostly shit

U wot my senpai

- Buck: Amazing high damage rifles that double as semi auto shotguns on the fly + frags

- Frost: While the frost traps are nothing amazing, they're cheeky. But her real meat was formerly the OP super 90 and now the 42 dmg 9mm C1 that kills in 3 shots and is amazingly accurate

- Blackbeard: Dude used to be so busted they needed to cut his shield health from 800 to 150. He is still the only operator who has a chance to get away with being headshotted a couple times. Plus the SCAR-H is great on damage

- Valkyrie: You get to put 3 (formerly 4) cameras wherever you want at virtually any place in the entire map so that your whole team can see them. They have color and wide FOV, unlike the security cams in the game. Not to mention that her SPAS is nothing to scoff at

- Capitão: 3 speed operator that can somewhat do the same thing Smoke does, but with only 2 charges and no immunity to it. Apart from having 3 speed and his amazing FAL, his bolts cannot be stopped by Jaeger's magpies. Also nades and blue smoke bolts.

- Caveira: High risk high reward. If you get away with downing an enemy and performing an interrogation on said enemy, the entire other team is revealed for your team. She pretty much turns on wallhax for her entire team. And she makes that easy by having a sneak ability and a silenced pistol that does almost 100 damage in CQB. She's nuts.

Laggy and janky hide and seek. 5/10 at best.

Yeah it's pretty fun.

It's currently at its golden age of OCs

I play it pretty frequently. The game itself is great and gives you the opportunity to use your brain in ways other shooters don't. Unfortunately you're still gonna get hip-fired to death from 30 feet away by someone with 200+ a full two seconds you left their line of sight.

Basically, good game that isn't supported well enough in terms of quality servers and anything better than 2007 CoD xbox netcode.

Still, it has the most effective and satisfying shotguns of recent games.

I want Valkyrie to jack my dick off with those arms.

>200+ ping

Hopefully not.
I don't think the game would be fun without aiming

wow this is the only time ive seen a vidya girl with tatted arms that dont look fuckin shiet

SJW garbage

It bothers me that her name is Valkyrie but she has shitty bro-tribal tattoos instead of Norse shit.
But she has a spas, so it's forgivable.

I played it during the free weekend.

It was fun but I got fucking destroyed, out of the 30-40 matches I had, I was on the winning team 3 times.

Granted, that was mostly because my teamates were fucking retarded, but even that aside I could tell I just didn't know what I was doing.

Finally, someone who understands that if a game has any women in it at all it's SJW trash.
You're doing god's work. Soon there will be only penises as far as the eye can see, and you'll finally be happy.

you got swatted by dwarves?

Makes me wish I had online friends to play with again

Yup, amazing game

wait, classes have specific guns? or can anyone have any gun?

I play on ps4 no hackers and decent community.

OFFICIAL HEADCANON RELATIONSHIPS

>pulse tries to be the cool douchebag, hits on all women and fails
>Valkyrie laughs in his face
>Valkyrie will occasionally fuck bandit because he's kind of crazy from prison and like 8.5"

>Twitch fists montagne
>Montagne ties twitch up
>Ton of bdsm on both sides
>They're totally open about it

>Blitz and IQ used to date
>He still likes her
>IQ fantasizes about Blackbeard
>Too bad he's gay with Capitao

>Frost switches between casual sex with sledge and smoke
>Mute silently watches

>Caveira actually kinda sorta raped Thatcher
>usually she just fucks thermite

>Ash, being a Jewess, fucks castle

it's reddit: the game

get on the /r6g/ teamspeak you goof

specific guns, some share the same weapon I think, can't really remember.

Each character has a primary and secondary slot. They usually have 2-3 choices for both slots. Some have no choice because there's something unique about them (Glazed can only take his sniper rifle as a primary, for instance). Some of the choices are unique to the character and differ wildly in strength (Ash's RC40 or whatever it's called the insanely OP).

>Any language or content deemed illegal, dangerous, threatening, abusive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, hateful, racist, sexist, ethically offensive or constituting harassment is forbidden. This includes use of the above on the forums, via the in-game chat, or over VOIP.

How did we allow these types of people to gain control over large sections of the industry?

Will Trump fix it?

This has been the case for large portions of online games for a long time.

>hackers

Confirmed hasn't played since launch

no it hasnt

quake servers back in the day were almost Cred Forums tier in edge level

why do liberals have to force their cuckoldry on everyone else

I LOVE FROST

"whaaa why can't i call others niggers on someone elses server???"

fuck off, retards

>SJW is bad
Stupid niGGers

Private servers vs. ones run by the publishers. Completely different.

>complains about liberal cucks but types like one
I wonder who could be behind this...

>dude it's so different lol

Thanks for Correcting the Record

pussy bitch

do you need a friend to enjoy this game?

Where did you find that pic of me?

>gommies are the only ones against crying nigger like a 5th grader

Step outside your mother's basement for a change

I'm not the one posting reddit shit like . Both of you have to go back

>WORDS ARE DANGEROUS AND HURT MORE THAN FEELINGS

hmm made me think

pic related: you this november

What was meant by this image?

Same thing when Bernie was pulling in huge crowds. Nothing.

When people already know who they are voting for, what's the point of going to a rally. Trump is the flavor of this election and people will go see him

Crowds =\= delegates

How about this one?

hmm

made me think

Yes.

/thread

>Cred Forums fags somehow shit up a R6 thread

Do your part and report all Cred Forums posters.

if i had a death note i would make trump cut off his own balls then smash it into a meat patty and then feed ti to Hilary in a burger.once thats done i want him to get killed by the KKK

I play it on XB1, wanna play?

More info wars tinfoil hat crap.

Someone post the webms

Autism. The only ship in the game is that Alaska map.

sjw ctr shills btfo

based mods building the WALL

#MAGA

WTF IS THIS

What are the shitter ops that only faggots use?

tf is wrong with her

Buck always seemed useless to me, Captains crossbow seems crap as well. The area of effect on those flames are really small. Tachankas bad but you cant hate cheek breeki.

she's a democrat

>Buck
>useless

Yea. For the first 10 days anyway

this game is ass

why was this image deleted

we don't want any Cred Forumsirgins to be drawn into this reddit game

why not just use someone with a shotgun and an actual ability?

You use bucks shotgun to make holes

His AR is the best in the game plus he has frags.

The AR is just a little on the uncontrollable side

Capitão is good because he's a jack of all trades type. Good gun and light armor is already an advantage. He's a top pick in proleague as well. His crossbow is used for area denial and it does it well. The effect lasts long and it kills quickly if an enemy happens to get caught in it.

This is one of the few games I've really consistently played for a while.

- Awesome core gameplay that makes for endless replay-ability.

- There isn't a whole lot of content. The "game modes" are there buuut more often than not its just team deathmatch.

- The different operators are really fun to unlock and try at first and as you keep playing you unlock more and more depth. You'll start realizing the key importance of classes like Thermite/Rook/Mute and you'll rethink your entire play style to account for things like Kapkan/Frost traps. It gets really interesting when you have mastery over the gameplay and can utilize all the operators to the fullest.

- Going from a newbie to a pro in this game is a striking difference. Casual and Ranked is night and day. Knowing the maps, breach points, your team, your opponents, everybody's placement, the camera locations, tons of other stuff makes a huge difference.

- The competitive aspect to this game is awesome. Having a full team and cooperating against good, high ranked players and actually having a close tense match is so much fun. IMO this game is really skill dependent, and while sometimes people get lucky 1 shot headshots while spraying, losing doesn't really hurt because most times you get beaten fairly. This might just be me but compared to losing in Overwatch when the other team pulls a bullshit ultimate or some other cheese strat, Rainbow losses are much easier to shrug off.

- The game is still getting content updates and patches (within the last week Blackbeard's shields were tweaked, claymores and impact grenades were added, etc.)

R6 is really underrated, its phenomenal. Smooth gunplay, fun maps, diverse operators, super high skill ceiling. Definitely worth a buy now, not when it was 60 dollars, but for what it goes for now.

>tfw missed the discussion

FUCK

>The "game modes" are there buuut more often than not its just team deathmatch.

I think that's the beauty of this game. Because in most, if not all, online shooters the victor is decided by who can shoot faster and more accurate. That doesn't need to be necessarely true in R6 Siege. The objectives are always there so you can win without having to outskill the enemy team with shooting, but with tactics. That's why I disagree when people say this game lost the central idea of "Tactics" that the Rainbow Six games are known for.

In most shooters, if you have a guy in the next room, you will have 1, maybe 2 or 3 if you're lucky, ways of getting in there. But in Siege there's always at very least 3 different entry points of every room. And it can be from left, right, above or below. So you can always flank and be flanked. Hell, traversing the maps is half the skill in the game.

So yeah, that's why the objectives are there and why there's no actual deathmatch mode for PVP.

Buck has versatilty. You gut a rifle and a shotgun, and that shotgun is pretty good at breaching.

Capitatio is good for covering with the smoke, also has LMG for cover fire.

Tachanka is situationally great.

Yup, I have post 2006 Ubisoft, but that game is surprisingly amazing.

The crossbow is surprisingly good if you have some fucker behind cover and want to flush him out with it. It's situational for sure, but I have saved some rounds with it.

it's easily one of the best shooters around right now
definitely worth playing

No
Literal meme game shilled here to death
Elimination style games are trash

t. Bronze rank

>REEEEE I DON'T LIKE IT SO IT MUST BE SHILLS REEEEREEEEE
Kill yourself

>cod kid mad he can't respawn

What's it like to play a real video game for once

>Whiteboi can't handle the heat
What else is new