Haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh in years

>Haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh in years
>Try to pick up modern video game
>Synchro Monsters
>XYZ Monsters
>Pendulum Monsters that don't even die and just go back to the Extra Deck if they're destroyed
>Opponent can play half their deck in one turn

What went wrong?

Name me 1 card trading game that hasnt gone to shit after 5 years making the older cards obsolete by the newer ones.

Protip: you cant

Found the scrub

What can they do though? Don't add new cards and people get bored. You can't get away with adding new cards that don't change the rules because they will just end up being the same as other cards. The only solution is this stupid shit and it's a shame

Nigga I just use a stall deck with lava golem. Too this day lava golem still gets by passes bullshit protection effects.

so many genwunners on Cred Forums

Nothing, the game is much better now. Sorry if you're out of the meta and used to playing slow bricky decks.

Reminder that Synchro is just a simpler version of Ritual that needs monsters on the field instead of being able to use them in the hand, and XYZ is a simpler version of Fusion that needs monsters on the field instead of being able to use them in the hand.

You not being able to comprehend a children's card game.

are there any cards that can't be paid as a cost, or can't be used as a tribute yet?

Plenty that can't be tributed.

The Yu-Gi-Oh card game has been around for 18 years. If you think it would never go beyond Effect, Ritual, and Fusion monsters in that time, you're an idiot.

did anything ever come of Union monsters?
i haven't played properly since pendulum stuff came out

Syncho and XYZ aren't that hard to comprehend, come on user.

Not too much but they're expanding Kaiba's XYZ union cards with new ABC Union machines and apparently they're very strong.

MTG

Ludicrous levels of power creep because Konami wants to keep you buying packs and the best way to do that is to make more and more powerful cards.

ABC are easy as 123.

I mean literally, they are pretty much high tier right now.

But nostalgia fags are getting some stuff with blue eyes support and Dark magician.

>chocolate dark magician girl
muh fucking dick

Other than expand my dong what does she do?

No user this is choco magician girl.

There is a entire magician girl archetype.

>You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by discarding 1 card. If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Dark Magician" from your Deck to your hand. During damage calculation (in either player's turn), when another DARK Spellcaster-Type monster you control battles an opponent's monster: You can send this card from your hand or field to the Graveyard; that monster you control gains 2000 ATK and DEF during that damage calculation only.

>chocolate magician girl is white
triggered dick still erect though

Joey the passion was the only YGO game ive played. What did i miss?

Oh yeah... does anyone remember how simplistic and lifeless was the facebook exclusive game was?

Pretty much everything?

Synchos, Xyz, Pendulum. Meta is a lot more faster now. Less monsters more spells/traps.

Long as you aren't playing with metafags the game is alright to play.

Pendulum made me quit. Its fucking stupid.