What the hell did I just play?

What the hell did I just play?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pcAVYYbt9p4
killscreen.com/articles/virginia-vague-jumble-ideas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

art

A mediocre game that Polygon will love because it stars a black woman and Cred Forums will hate because it has a black woman.

a game for nu-males. i hope you finished within 2 hours so you can refund it

I played it on PS4 so I can't refund.

Retard.
Why did you buy a game you didnt research?

>Polygon will love

They only gave it a 9.

>Cinematic editing that immerses players in a story told in the style of film and TV
Must be a shitty 'artistic' story game. 'Cinematic editing' makes me chuckle every time I think of it.

Out of curiosity I checked their review.

>brings up how there is no challenge and how everything to move the story along is right in front of you, meaning no room for interactivity or exploration
>implies this is a good thing

Jesus Christ almighty, what is wrong with this industry?

On a scale of 1-Firewatch how shitty is this game for just being a gameplayless storyless thing

If you want something that feels like a semi playable episode of twin peaks you'll like it.

>ps4 faggots are so desperate for games they buy these shitty unity games shat out every 4 months

I don't get the Twin Peaks comparison at all. It has nothing to do with Twin Peaks other than the fact that the main character is an FBI agent and it's set in the early '90s.

You're not wrong, I'm fucking hungry for new games that arent dumbass weebshit.
I've only played Overwatch and Rocket League this year user, I'm going fucking insane.

Is Darkest Dungeon or XCOM 2 any good?

What do you mean by 'playable'. What is the gameplay?

Xcom 2 is amazing, and the mods make it even better. Highly recommended

Both are worth a play. But you will get asspained over RNG fucking you over.

Alienation is great.

This what happens when you want videogames to be considered an art.

roger egbert was right, video games shouldnt be art

>people freaking out over a small indie game that is gaining almost no traction

>mods
>on PS4
Hahahahahaha
I'll take it.
Thanks.

nothing, this wasn't a "game", it was a movie.

I only realized till after my post that you were talking PS4. Hopefully they nail the ps4 controls. Even with a steam controller I wasnt able to find a bind in a way i liked

>>mods
>>on PS4

ok you got me
what the fuck is that monstrosity

>attempts to be progressive by having two black women as the main characters
>they are both criminals and one of them is a drug addict

wew lad

>Adds corn water in the end

Fucking gross.

4D Police Drama

>Has PS4
>Has OVERWATCH ON PS4
>Doesn't want to play weebshit

Bought the wrong console bruh.

Most idiots think that for video-games to be respected as "art" it doesn't mean to capitalize on it's strengths on interactivity but instead to be like films.

They really want to be like film and the film industry.

it's the same vibe

small town
fbi agent
weird shit going on

>Farming Simulator will have mods on PS4 before Fallout
The first XCOM was fine on PS3 so I'm not worried
I didn't even know about all the weebshit when my parents got it for me, and before that I was ignorant of it on the PS3, now that I'm a poorfag all out on my own I only have a PS4 to play shit on.

mexican cuisine

Corn water smells good though.

"cuisine"
you are using the word loosely

I'll never be surprised by the number of games polygon and kotaku "demand be talked about by friends"

Same reviewer.

youtube.com/watch?v=pcAVYYbt9p4

The weird shit is just a tiny percent of the show, the dominant force is the troubled relationships of the people and the resulting melodrama. It's a soap opera. This game doesn't even have dialogue.

Shit like this makes me glad I gave up on reviews years ago.

You played a piece of shit. Here's the thing. A lot of the avant garde wannabe film directors try to use the medium of videogames and their lack of interactivity to "tell a story". They knew they couldn't hack it over there so they decided to shit up videogames. What does all of this mean for you? It means you got a piss boring piece of shit you can't refund and polygon gets to slap their dicks on their desk and finger blast themselves to your paycheck you wasted on what is probably one of their friends shitty fucking games. Fuck Polygon and fuck this shitty game.

not a game

This is the most accurate review I have seen of Virginia.

killscreen.com/articles/virginia-vague-jumble-ideas/

>3/10

I'll never be able to see this game without hearing:
VIRGINIAAA
VIRGINIAAA
DON'T GOOOOO
>rumbumbumbadarumbumbumbada

Modern Art is shit. Why are you expecting Modern Art videogames to be any good?

You're 18 aren't you?

Fuck off, we all know you're new as fuck and started browsing when you were 16. probably even 15.

Why do you even care familia?
One day I'll be as old and sad as you knowing I've been on this site for a decade.

Read this and wasn't even slightly surprised based on what I expected from the trailers and the screenshots.

The art style is really damn interesting though. I never thought you could pull something like that off.

Wow chill out Nintednogaffer.

Because you're part of the problem on this site and when you make it so obvious it pisses me off.

Good to know you can only play PC ports at shittier settings and indie games that released decades ago on PC. Try picking up some weebshit and maybe you'll find out you'd like it.

I have no problem in theory with cinematic games and "interactive movies" like Heavy Rain or Until Dawn--even though the stories are usually poorly written--but Virginia has no good reason to be playable. You're barely allowed to explore, and the few environments you can show almost no detail thanks to the obligatory low poly art style.

The only good things about it are the music and the story that's interesting mainly because nobody speaks.

it doesn't matter. these games won't last the test of time.

The art style is the best part of the whole thing and it's not even close.