Devil Daggers

Has anybody else played this? It was on the humble bundle.
I'm absolutely shit at this I can't get past the first satan spider thing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HBg83-QOAgo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Played for 20 minutes after I torrented it. It's actually the spookiest game I've played in a long time just because of the audio quality.

I've lasted for maybe just a minute. There aren't upgrades or something is there?

you have to kill a certain amount of enemies and obtain their blood diamonds. A new finger that sticks out is a upgrade.

VERY fun and addicting game. can't get past fucking 300 second mark for the life of me thi
the "hand" upgrades as you collect more jewels

What does the hand upgrade do exactly?

I was almost able to hit 400 before they added the evolved version of those giant spider skulls. One of these days I want to go back and hit 500, but it's hard to shake off that rust.

increases fire rate and number of daggers shot i'm pretty sure? I think the third upgrade state lets you shoot homing daggers too

Got around 90 seconds in half an hour of playing. It's alright, but I already was at the top of my friends leaderboard at that point and that kind of killed my desire to play. I guess I could go for the 500 second achievement but eh.

It increases your damage and rate of fire. At its maximum upgrade you can right click to shoot a barrage of homing daggers that fly around, but it uses those red crystals as ammunition.

I love the aesthetic and I wish it were used in something other than a "ha ha you're dead in 10 seconds" arcade-style survival game with one level. I wish it were an actual shooter like Doom or something.

Same, family. I guess it's understandable if it was one dude since keeping your shit smaller scale and manageable makes sense, but still. A short indie Heretic-like styled like this would be fairly cool. Even if it's too grimdark to be Heretic.

I've broken 500. Very tough game, but addictive. Perfect combination of skill, knowledge and luck.

The best tip is to watch the leaderboard playbacks and see what you can learn from that.

One thing I can say that helped me, is treat your stream of daggers more like a really long whip that you can arc around and "scoop" the enemies. Also, let them fly into the stream by kiting them around and into it, if that makes sense.

The best way to advance is to know exactly what you're targeting and why. If you are just spraying haphazardly you won't last long.

everything turns to shit every time I reach ~180 seconds, too many spiders, spawners and snakes. My record is 200 now, was 205 before the update

I'm looking at the wikia that shows spawn times.. and at that part, you want to let all the spawners/squids remain and just take out the skulls so they're not cluttering the place too much and then, once the 3 spiders spawn, you just focus on them. If you time it right you can then take out everything in the middle (all the spawners slowly gravitate to the center of the arena, so they're easy to circle-strafe and take out there, instead of all over the place.)

This is all assuming you cleared the 3 spiders and the centipede from before the 180 mark. If you didn't it will be alot messier, but you can still recover.

I'm waiting for them to finish the game with some actual levels first.

>tfw broke ass kid
any one generous to lend me a copy from humble bundle.
>inb4 sent
>outb4 archived thread

The game is perfect at doing what it set out to do. Just because you wanted it to be something else doesn't mean it's not finished.

Its a dollar my dude.
Plus you'd get two other games.

>Just because you wanted it to be something else doesn't mean it's not finished.

It's literally a piece of floor in space. It's lazy.

sent ;)

You're going to have a really fun life with that attitude.

>broken 500

So are you one of the 9 best players in the world or are these leaderboards just misleading?

Except it literally isn't.

It's like saying tetris is lazy because it's just some blocks.

They wanted geometry wars with skulls and shit, mission accomplished.

Says the doormat who excuses incomplete games.

Devil Daggers isn't 'just blocks' though. it's some pretty neat and complex looking monsters chasing you down in swarms. Such a shame they couldn't pour that same effort into a real level design.

yeah i dont own a card or paypal, i have 1 dollar in my steam account but i cant transfer that out and make a paypal account to buy it can i?
thanks ;|

Before the recent update. Right now I'm in the 450 area, I can get back to 500, but it will only be by running out the clock. I can't clear the arena properly like Sojk does.

I've only ever killed the leviathan once.

There are better ways to keep the thread alive than pretending to be stupid, user. Just contribute some decent discussion.

Right. Anybody who disagrees with you is just "pretending". Whatever.

it's obvious that the game was designed to be just an arena, none of the enemies would work properly in a real level. It's not lack of effort if they did exactly what they wanted to do.

So the leaderboards were reset? That kind of sucks for people who were on top of it before.

No, what's obvious is that you spent money on an AI dev level and need to justify it.

They're still there, it's just not visible in the version of the game that launches by default. You can go into the properties and revert it to launch without the new enemies and old leaderboard.

do you really not understand what I'm trying to tell you? Why are you even upset at the game, it never pretended to be something it isn't. I don't buy a fighting game and then complain that there is no car racing in it.

So what's your top time? Less than a minute? I can see why you hate it.

If you can't afford it, torrent it.

Don't trust the torrent?
Sandboxie or VM.

just pirate it faggot

>Don't trust the torrent?

Then get a fucking job, kid

i didnt say i dont trust torrents you old hag

youtube.com/watch?v=HBg83-QOAgo
Just wait till you reach 1000 seconds.

>begging for games
>calling people "old hag" because they don't want to give you free shit

have you tried reading comments before replying to them?

Good grief user, work on that reading comprehension. How embarrassing.

It's okay, currently at 200+. Wish there was more to do in the early parts but since scoring is only about time all I can do is optimize gem pick ups which isn't the most exciting thing in the world. Definitely worth the nothing it goes on the humble bundle for.

The one game I kinda wish had an easy mode or a mode that I can make a mistake or two and keep going. Like a one hit shield that rechargers after a minute or so would be nice so I could see more of the game and plan accordingly instead of starting over every time. Of even let me credit feed and get a shitty score.

Are you mentally handicapped?

If he doesn't have a problem with torrents he shouldn't be in the thread begging like a little broke bitch.

Also nice samefagging, you know there's a pretty easy way to check that, right?

the guy who said "Don't trust the torrent?" was not the one begging for the game you retarded faggot. Are you too dumb to follow a simple reply chain?

user, please. The way to avoid further embarrassment would have been to admit you made a mistake or to simply stop posting. You're just digging yourself a deeper hole.

>expecting western devs to know what the fuck they're doing when they're trying to make an arcade game