Ninja Gaiden 3

Ordered Ninja Gaiden 3 on Amazon the other day, it's coming in on Monday, did I make a good decision Cred Forums? I've only played 2, but it was one of my favorite games, so is this one good too?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-hkhrjCtxA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Like, vanilla 3? Not Razor's Edge?

no deadass
3 vanilla is shit and 3RE is slightly better but still bad
GTAB

>Get to second level, the desert
>literally ennemies everywhere attacking from all directions

I don't understand how to play this game
I had a much easier time with NG1

I got RE.
Seriously? Is it enjoyable, or entirely fucked?

Vanilla NG3 is pure garbage.
Razors Edge is an improvement, but there's only so can build on with a base as bad as NG3 without just throwing it all out and starting from scratch. Also it feels like theres some nasty input lag, I don't think it's me since no other game feels this bad, especially not NG2 or NGB.
May as well give it a shot yourself if its on the way though since its like a fiver nowadays

Fuck, I may as well have gotten NG2, I know I like that one and it's cheap as hell.

entirely fucked hayashidrone
gtab
redeem yourself by playing black or 2

NG3RE is bullshit because of no healing item.

Fuck that, not even Itagaki was that cruel.

Son f a bitch, I was really hoping it would be a good game. I guess I can use this as a learning experience.

3:RE is mediocre. Actually not good at all but it's at least somewhat serviceable.

3 from what I've played, seen, and what I know of, is complete shit. Try to avoid it. Though I'm thinking about picking up a copy sometime and playing through it just to say that I've done it.

I was gonna play on the hardest difficulty, but I'm not sure now if it's bullshit.

ive played all the ninja gaiden versions.

3 vanilla is super shit, 3 razor's edge tries it's best to fix the game, but it can only do so much. like they even changed the story scenes a bit to try to fix it. i'd still say its worse than ng2 but its okay as an action game?

a big issue is that the weapon balance from ng2 was tossed out the window, and now enemies want to be hit by certain weapons.
also fuck those magic ninja whatevers. you'll see them soon.

>I was gonna play on the hardest difficulty, but I'm not sure now if it's bullshit.
Yeah, 3 and Razor's Edge both are brutally difficult unnecessarily. I think they tried to service the hardcore fans of the series who appreciate difficulty but they overdid it WAY too much. It borders on bullshit a lot of the time. But they also did balance a few things arguably better than in NG2, such as rocket ninjas and other projectile throwers killable in just 1-2 hits or so, which I did really like.

>
>a big issue is that the weapon balance from ng2 was tossed out the window
From what I can tell, weapons aren't balanced for shit in that game. And what's more, they only give you 5 of them. Just fucking bullshit.

Did they even add 1 new weapon and moveset to this piece of shit?

How did they think they could get away with the fiasco that was vanilla 3?

TAKE A SUCK

what do you guys think of nioh?

>Did they even add 1 new weapon and moveset to this piece of shit?
Jinran-Maru isn't exactly the Dragon Sword and they did slightly rework the movesets for all the weapons that they brought back. That said, that they only more or less rehashed a few weapons from NG2 and only had five weapons in the game is inexcusable. On top of that, they had the nerve to bring back the Kusari-gama, which has never been a weapon that I've cared for, over something like the Vigoorian Flails. And where are my precious Tonfa?

As far as ninpo go, the only new one is the retarded flame dragon one from vanilla NG3.

Does Black play well on the 360 or should I just get Sigma? I'm planning to avoid Sigma 2 because no blood is fucking lame. Also is Dragon Sword worth getting?

The case does say it added weapons and ninpo, but I haven't done research.
I'm waiting for launch to try it, my girlfriends brother is in love with it and he owns a PS4 so I know I'll get a chance to play eventually.
>rocket ninjas and other projectile throwers
Oh my god, those fuckers who throw the explosive shuriken are fixed?

Razor's Edge is like this. It tries really hard to be a good game and there are times when it is fun, but there's only so much you can improve upon when the core of the game is shit. You still have to deal with Steel on Bone being a shitty mechanic, projectile spam is resolved by your bow auto-targetting ranged enemies and instantly killing them instead of realizing hey these enemies are not fun at all, the plot is absolutely fucking horrible and shoved down your throat, and for some fucking reason Ninja Gaiden needed QTEs. Oh and I hope you like fighting the same 7 or 8 enemies over and over because that's all you fight. The only way that 3 could truly be salvaged to possibly be as good as even NG2 is to throw the entire game in the trash and start over. It makes me so mad that the bonus characters you get (Ayane, Kasumi, and Momiji) are all pretty fun to play as, but you have to play through each difficulty in the story mode before you can do it as just those characters.

At the end of the day, you can polish a turd as much as you want, but it will still be a turd.

MISTAKES WERE MADE

Yeah, Black is fine on 360. I've played it quite a few times on it and I didn't run into any glaring problems.

Devil's Third is a better game than either Ninja Gaiden 3.

Razor's Edge has most depth out of the entire Ninja Gaiden series. If you go into this game only go in for that reason alone. Tons of exploits, tons of glitches, tons of tricks, more than any of the older Ninja Gaiden games. And there's still stuff being found today.

It's not a bad game, it's just that vanilla 3 has placed a meme onto the series.

>DT sold so badly it doomed Itagaki to mobile Hell

It's a shame to see one of the videogame world's big personalities crash and burn, but on the other hand, you don't really feel sorry for him given what a scumbag he is as a person.

ng2 has 8 weapons. they're all made decent enough that you can pick any and still be able to fight any enemy. in ng3re they gave enemies defense against certain weapons which is just stupid. especially in online missions where you can't switch weapons, so you learn to just abuse new shit like scythe 360'.

also ng3re has 6 weapons. flail and tonfas didn't make the cut.

>Oh my god, those fuckers who throw the explosive shuriken are fixed?
I can't remember if IS ninjas are in the game. But pretty much anyone who stands there and fires rockets or arrows at you is fixed. They're honestly not THAT bad anymore.

I always take recommendations on Cred Forums with a grain of salt, I've had fun on "shit" games,One Way Heroics[/spoiler] but I've also been royally fucked for being optimistic Lords of the Fallen.
I honestly love glitches/bugs/etc. a lot, so that makes me hopeful.

it plays fine but the cinemas are choppy

Nintendo sent the game out to die and that's really fucking depressing.

I thought NG2 had more weapons than that? Either way, it was a downgrade. Shit, NGB had more weapons than either version of NG3.

I haven't played NG2 in a while, but I remember a room or a bossfight where there were more than 6 of those guys. I played on the hardest difficulty, so they killed me in like 2 hits.

DT is the most underrated game this gen. It's barely a 6/10 but still.

They need to

1. Remaster first 3 games, with all girls playable from the start

2. Invite moonface back on board as special adviser for NG4

>Vigoorian Flails

Holy shit this weapon is one of the reasons if fell in love with NG. Motherfucking nunchaku axes.

If you're OP then the added weapons and ninpo are just rehashes from NG2. There's nothing truly new.

They should of added Regent of the Mask's rapier as a new weapon with his moveset. Would of been pretty awesome.

Yeah, NG2 can be really full of shit with how they constantly throw projectiles at you. It's super unfair. It's still a fun, even great game. It's just really hard to git gud at.

It's telling how even a flawed game like NG2 is still definitely superior to 3 or 3:RE. Though I do wish NG2 were toned down before its release.

Hey guys remember me?

>Invite moonface back on board as special adviser for NG4

Won't ever happened, he's burned far too many bridges. The board were happy to see the arse-end of him.

They can have him as a short term contractor and cut him loose afterwards.

>Holy shit this weapon is one of the reasons if fell in love with NG. Motherfucking nunchaku axes.
I fucking love the Flails. They've always been one of my favorite weapons to use. They were so much fun in NG2 especially, thanks to some improvements in its moveset. I consider the weapon to be a NG staple, so seeing them gone from NG3/NG3:RE just infuriated me.

The Tonfa were a lot of fun too.

>They should of added Regent of the Mask's rapier as a new weapon with his moveset.
Oh fuck, I didn't even think of that. Christ, Team Ninja.

Why dont they remaster the 3 games and put them on PS4/Xbone/PC?

I stand by the stance of thinking it's a brilliant game that is hampered by it's budget of $10.

That and it manages to make the simplest combat system seem incredibly satisfying, which I don't understand how. Is it the gore?

>I honestly love glitches/bugs/etc. a lot, so that makes me hopeful.

Then you're in for a treat because there's a ton of them in Razor's Edge and a lot can be used in combat.

Fuck off and die. Sigma and it's pointless, shitty waifu levels were part of the cancer besides all the cut content. Sigma 2 butchered NG2 so bad it was fucking disgusting, NG isn't like your garbage DoA titty sim, keep your fucking slags in your shitty fighting game and out of NG.

How was the multiplayer for NG3?

>Oh my god, those fuckers who throw the explosive shuriken are fixed?

this game is a million times worst than explosive shuriken in term of cheapness.

Some enemies read your input and dodge your attack with 100% accuracy, they will cancel mid attack to dodge your attack, not even counter hits are safe.
laggy controls.
Good luck landing the guillotine throw.
no healing items.
the tales of valor are 3 waves of enemies followed by a boss (NO HEALING ITEMS IN THIS GAME)
bosses have 3 times more health than in 2
You had fun fighting the giant purple monsters in 2? You will hate fighting them in 3

And it just goes on and on like that. Every enemies you had fun fighting in 2, you will hate fighting them in 3 even if the game look the same.

>Looking at the Vanilla NG2 weapon list
Sigma 2 added Enma's Fang which was a pretty cool weapon to use.

Yep, I'm OP. That's a bit of a bummer, but at least I'll get weapons I already liked. I love your taste in weapons, Vigoorian Flails were amazing.

NG2 is one of my favorite games despite those parts, I get what you're saying.

Sweet, do I have to research them, or will they come naturally? I'd rather not have to look stuff up, but I'd live.

I do! I unironically loved the art direction and character designs in Yaiba, shame the game itself was just a super average action-platformer.

Aw shit, I loved the Vigoorian Flails. I don't care if the weapon was overpowered as fuck but goddamn that weapon was fun as fuck to use.

Just face it

Sigma 2 was better than vanilla NG2 in every way, including the difficulty and no bullshti slowdowns

No amount of double standard 360faggotry will change that

Sigma 2 never happened though

My two favourite action games are Black and NG2. I can finish both on master ninja easily.
I couldn't get past the helicopter boss in NG3:RE the camera manipulation literally makes me puke. It's the only game that's made this happen for me.

I tried playing NG3:RE after Sigma and it feels like it plays itself a lot more than Sigmma does. Maybe because literally everything seems to be a combo string so there's no reason not just to mash.

Sigma 2 had less enemies, less weapons, half-assed pointless new characters and bab-tier difficulty. Even the levels themselves were butchered with no underwater segments and even slight pace changers like keys removed. Sigma 2 was shit and no amount of being a delusional sonygger will deflect it.

Oh boy.

If you didn't get Razor's Edge, prepare to be let down.

I still need to finish NGB on MN.

As for NG2, I couldn't get very far on PotM. I plan on one day going back and giving it my all, finally beating it on that mode and then PotMN.

Are the laggy controls really that bad? I can deal with no healing, I can deal with bloated HP, and even cheating NPCs, because with enough time, I can get past that. I have no control over how laggy input is and I would go mad.

I did get RE.

People make mistakes. Itagaki is okay I think. He's someone who just doesn't fit in Japan at all due to his black sheep behaviours. He'd probably be completely acceptable in western society without having to listen to shithead execs for years and spiraling into poor behaviour.

Razor Edge is one of those action games where the majority of the community wasn't interested in achieving their data/finds or even trying to master the game, because of what happened with 3.

Now out of nowhere, many people are picking the game up for the first time or returning to it (guess they're bored) and are actually focus on high level play and searching for tech. So while RE still lacks info in do time a real bible for the game will appear.

You can start here, this guy's channel; youtube.com/watch?v=-hkhrjCtxA4

What are the chances of getting a good NG4 and DMC5? I fear these kind of games might be dying out and I really enjoy them.

>flying up infinitely leading into a fucking 4 second freefall body slam
I like this already. I've had an itch to play these games recently and that video is helping.

Slim to none, much like the chances of ever getting a new Castlevania.

I think NG4 might be more likely than DMC5, but if it does happen, it probably won't be that good unless Team Ninja REALLY learned their lesson with 3. If DMC5 happens, it'll probably be good.

>Even the levels themselves were butchered with no underwater segments
Sigma 2 still had water segments in the Venice chapters and the South American Jungle chapter and a bit in the Hayabusa village chapters.

DMC5 is currently a 4.
NG4 is currently a 7

The future of NG depends on Nioh.

Nioh sales good = No more NG for a while.
Nioh does decent/bad = Back to NG

>Sigma 1 and 2 got a Plus version on Vita
>3RE hasn't got a Plus version on Vita yet

I can understand this since 3RE was crap.

Are the Plus versions good? Is there anything different other than being on Vita?

NG4 was hinted at PSX.

Sigma 2 Plus brings back the gore which was absent fron regular Sigma 2 on PS3(dunno why they didn't bother patching it back in PS3 Sigma 2).

The fuck!? source motherfucker. How did I not catch this last year.

Kou Shibusawa said that "we're getting something ready with Sony that we're working towards showing you late this year", before walking off stage with a giant shit-eating grin on his face. The trailer they showed was clearly meant to trick you into thinking it was a new NG, but was actually that KT crossover Mosou. Also PSX is always a couple of weeks before Christmas.

Meant for PSX. At tgs this year the CEO of koei said they're working with Sony to announce a game everyone is looking forward to. After that Ryu show up in the Musuo game.

I've always wanted to play Ninja Gaiden, but I was a PS3 fag last gen. What games are worth buying a 360 for that I couldn't have already played on PS3?

It is, these people just can't git gud.

Tales of Vesperia
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey

It's enjoyable but it's not really a GOOD game either. It's pretty much a 5/10 game.

If you want to actually play a good cuhrayzee game, you have loads of options to choose from. I can't say I blame anyone who says that it's really not that good.

Why does a ninja wield a Katana?

Are those JRPGs?
I've gotten kind of sick of turned based combat for the moment, but I'll make a note of these for when I get my hunger back for them.

I heard that Steel battalion is good but it's really hard to find a copy or something?

I'd kill for a PC cuhrayzee, any suggestions? PS4 or 360 also welcome.

>Tales of Vesperia
>Xbox

You're kidding right?

I remember playing NG Black and I kept thinking, "I'm gonna get into this and get really good at it."

Dude, that shit was fucking impossible. Hardest game I've ever played. I wonder how supposedly hard games like Dark Souls compare... Black was basically unplayable for me.

Non shit version of Bayo
Vanquish
Gears of War series

No one is safe.

Yeah but Tales isn't turn based. Do you mean Steel battalion for the original xbox? The 360 one is a kinect game.

He might not have play the ps3 version.

im just putting that there and never coming back

Not a PC gamer, but check out DMC3:SE, DMC4:SE, and MGR.

I know that someone made a Style switcher mod for DMC3, which allows you to switch Styles on the spot like DMC4.

4:SE supposedly isn't optimized as well as vanilla 4 but it has a ton of mods for it.

And the Steam release of MGR iirc comes with all of the DLC for the console versions.

I've played Bayo on Wii U, it was good?
Vanquish I played on PS3.
What does Gears compare to?

>He might not have play the ps3 version.

Then he doesn't need to play it. Buying Tales of Vesperia on Xbox is like buying Ninja Gaiden 3 instead of Razor's Edge.

I beat MGR and played most of the way through both DMCs. I even tried Ninja Blade aka QTE QTE Revolution.

Transformers: Devastation is pretty good and the Korra game is very simple but fun and short enough to not get boring.

>Ninja Blade

Oh God, you poor sap. That shit's even worse than vanilla NG3 and Yaiba.

Go back and play the DMC games. Did you ever try playing as Vergil in either? What about Trish or Lady in 4:SE?

>Ninja Blade
Ho boy. Never played it but I was always curious about how bad it was.

Killer is Dead

The new AOT game on PS4 or PC
Vanquish on 360
Dante's Inferno on 360
God Hand PC emulator
There's also that DMC reboot. Skip all the cut scenes, play on max difficulty. The gameplay is fun. I only played it because it was "free" on PS+, same with MGR as well.

How is he a scumbag? KT wronged him, not the other way around. He seems like a pretty cool guy when he's not playing up a character.

Oh and iirc, Transformers: Devastation was released on the PC, was it not?

So which is better? Gaiden Sigma or the regular gaidens?

Ivan's hot body. He is a pure sex.

I graciously accept your condolences, I will never be the same after that garbage.

I plan on it, I just have to download them again. And NB really is that bad.

I'll look into these games, I've heard of them but never really paid too much attention.

AOT is hella expensive.
I know little about Vanquish, but I've been really interested.
I've beaten Dante's Inferno, and I loved it.
I've been playing God Hand when I have the urge.
I played the reboot on the hardest difficulty, color coded enemies and damage=stylish killed it for me.

Thanks for all the recommendations anons.

So which is better? Gaiden Sigma or the regular gaidens?

Sigma = Black > Vanilla

Vanilla 2 > ALL

RE > Vanilla 3

NG1: Black>Sigma>Vanilla
Sigma's problem is the movement is a little weird and the mandatory Rachael levels are trash
NG2: Vanilla >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sigma 2 (don't even bother)
NG3: shit

Nice to see you learned a valuable lesson on your first day of using the internet.

>Sigma 2 (don't even bother)
Those two stages ruined the entire game for you or something?

fuck the purple mist and fuck you

there's still that stupid .25 second input delay ingame.

NG:B>NG2>NG:S>NG>>>NG:S2>>>>NG3:RE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NG3

NGB > NG2 > Sigma > vanilla NG > Razor's Edge > Sigma 2 > Yaiba > vanilla NG3 > Ninja Blade

Haven't played the Vita ports of Sigma and Sigma 2, so can't really comment there.

Why do people always list every version of NG1?

>NGB > NG2 > Razor's Edge > Sigma 2 > Yaiba > vanilla NG3 > Ninja Blade

There. Much better.