One Way Heroics thread

One Way Heroics thread
Any dimension that needs saving?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bBpFADYS!twU5BGz9zAkm7OURLJXb6JXAQtk1JPM7D13qrIfkZR8
youtu.be/sdtOosI73mw
youtube.com/watch?v=ki-_btzDqk8&list=PLd4EerlEhqdeomq3UdDLUleYpRFJ6qOgN&index=37
youtube.com/watch?v=aWwh5dq8TEE&list=PLd4EerlEhqdeomq3UdDLUleYpRFJ6qOgN&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=pCDlUbYWNl4&list=PLd4EerlEhqdeomq3UdDLUleYpRFJ6qOgN&index=21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I recently started playing this after ignoring it for months.
It's pretty fucking tough once you get to like 600 km, I feel like all my equipment starts breaking and I don't have enough strength to carry replacements, then once I need to replace the broken equipment the only thing that drops is fucking force potions.
I'm probably shit, but how do you end up dealing with gear attrition, because fuck finding villages, those are myths.

Use your fists.

All you need to carry with you is a spear for certain occasions, an Axe, and then eventually a Weapon to kill the Demon Lord with.

Martial Artist is actually absurdly strong if you get multiples. If you get 5x you can kill the Demon King literally the first time he shows up.

Pray for ID scroll and keep 1 heaviest weapon type that you use for later, as it's usually a powerful weapon. Throw the rest or use them until they break. And pray that the weapon you're carrying isn't rusted or rotten weapon.

Oh no, Cred Forums! Dimension OLDNIGS is being swallowed by the darkness! It's up to us to save it!

I'll give it a go before bed.

>Martial Artist is actually absurdly strong if you get multiples. If you get 5x you can kill the Demon King literally the first time he shows up.
Huh. I'll be sure to try it thanks user.

What's the deal with "killing darkness" or joining forces with the demon king, I see the achievements for those. Are they bard specific or something?

MC's multiplayer component is so shit, you can't see what difficulty people are playing on or their allies or anything, it shows only the last thing they tweeted because of the forced integration thing and the sprite they have. Like the wide variety of classes though.

It should say when you're picking your class somewhere a hint for how to kill the darkness, but if you don't care about spoilers you throw a holy weapon into the darkness or attack it with a ranged holy weapon to initiate a battle.

>he

How do I git gud? I hoard a lot and this game bothers my autism because I don't want to lose items nor pull something good from the vault once it is in.

If this thread is still alive when I wake up, I'll go for a run.

So how is this usually done? Defeat Demon Lord? Go to the end of the world? Just win in any way possible?

Neat

ultimately defeating the demon lord.
walk in the park is 400km you encounter the demon lord he does not despawn you must kill him
every other difficulty above that is encounter demon lord, choose to fight him or push forward trying to see how far you can get he spawns at 400km first time then he can randomly pop up at any time after that once spawned you must run at least a 100km for him to despawn to continue onwards.

Just go with whatever you want. A fair amount seem to go on Maniac, though I don't particularly like the mode myself.

Just found him myself. Not sure why I'm not seeing you guys in the top left even when I'm online though.

I usually do Grueling Campaign, push for a long distance then kill the Demon Lord.

Theoretically you can go an infinite distance, the max is 2000 km but once you hit that you can either choose to end the journey or push for 1000 km more. You can keep doing that indefinitely, the further you go the higher your score.

It takes some time until you get added online.

I have shamed myself.

F

Some Australian user mentioned that timezones apparently can fuck up the detection for online.

Thanks for the shield, I'm going to get so fucked this run.

F

I did a retarded thing instead of healing again.

F
Thanks for the shield.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't carrying a shield, but okay.

I might be following you in a bit.

F

>The Demon Lord appears
>THIS TIME YOU WON'T LEAVE HERE ALIVE
Don't know about that faggot I can run real fast.

Stupid question, but is there a way to toggle the music on/off other than the slider in the menu?

I can't get any BGM to play, but the slider is right in the middle where it should be.

>You can keep doing that indefinitely

No, the limit is 10000km, after that the game prompts you that you can't go any further without giving you any option to move on.

The fallen angel girl seems really nice on the evaluation screen. Do I have to kill her?

Check the settings on the startup menu, it might have something.

Throw Vow of Purity at her with 3 charisma to recruit her.

It doesn't stops her lusting after your dick however.

_No

Wow, hadn't really thought about this game in two years. It is alright but it feels pretty one dimensional.

Thanks famiglia. I'm gonna save her

>Quality Whetstones now lower durability of weapons
Worst change in +.

The were kind of overpowered in the original, so it makes sense.

I really should have used my healing items. This death is deserved.

RIP

Life sure is like a nigger, here in OLDNIGS

Wait, does Pocky and Spot refer to loyal pet?

Yes. It's name is random but the message always says Pocky when it dies.

Is it worth 15 donaldtrumpers for Vita version?

Where's that naked girl?

Which naked girl are you talking about?

>MC's framerate is eye-rape
why spikechunsoft why

I remember hearing something about an ability that strips armor and leaves them naked for boosted stats or something along those lines

I've done a couple of runthroughs on this game but nothing amazing, does more of the (very light) story unfold if you beat the boss in different/more interesting ways? Any more things to unlock besides what is already shown?

Try running left.

That's the Hero class.

There's more content at higher difficulties. The normal endings in higher difficulties will give hints about what your true objective is.

Hopefully at least one of you will be able to save OLDNIGS.

Good luck.

Did you ever die? That gives you a big hint as to what the true purpose of your adventure is.

Also on Plus there's way more epilogues and shit. You have to play on higher difficulties to get the majority of endings though because some characters won't show up in Walk in the Park

Die to the darkness I mean

Will try to save oldnigs tomorrow./

Does the 5 Pro-wrestler Hero build scale well after around 2000 km? By that point, you may already have a weapon with high damage improved with sharpening scrolls, quality whetstones and whatnot. I'm not sure if a barefisted build could compete.

Why more than 4 Pro? The bonuses are additive. 4 already puts you at 100% (or over if you aren't playing plus) combo. You can throw a Masterful Stroke on there if you're wanting extra sweet crit.

No, at that point you probably have one boss killer weapon and disposable high weight weapon, especially since fists do shit against shielded enemies, skeletons, and golems.

I'm not sure why, but everyone recommends 5 pro. My guess would be that you lose a certain percentage for every combo attack in a row.

Combo goes over 100% doesn't it?

Is there any point playing on normal once you've unlocked hard?

if you want an easier time unlocking hero class if you haven't already. Some classes aren't worth the effort of playing through on a tougher difficulty.

>beat game on easy a couple times
>expand castle
>theres some king who gives a quest that unlocks a new class if you play on normal
>try it
>I'm at 1400km looking for some fucking demon lord
When does this shit end?

Nevermind a fucking skeleton archer just launched me into some water and fucking pounded my ass

Naughty Galtz.

>Panty and Albert

Nice world

Is the unarmed perk still in MC? I heard they took it out.

posting wolf butt

>>So how is this usually done? Defeat Demon Lord?

>not waifu'ing the Demon Lord.

I think it's still in.

Posting best girl.

What do you mean user?

are you stupid?

Do I play Mystery Chronicles or the older one?

Older one

torrent where?

also tell me why.

Because it's both cheaper and better

Yeah but I am a try before you buy kinda gal.

And I could only find a torrent for the new one.

Then buy the old one and play it for two hours, refund if you don't like it.

Mystery Chronicles.

But yeah I forgot about the refund policy.

Kill me.

Nerfed severely

Who are the niggers of one way heroics?

My vote goes to skull archers.

Thanks.

Not really because both Pro wrestler and Zenura got nerfed in +.
You can still use your fist against lightly armored enemies but you will need a heavy weapon to deal with though enemies.

100% combo mean you have 100% chance of hitting twice, 50% of hitting thrice, 25% of hitting 4 times and so on.
200% combo mean you have 100% chance of hitting thrice, 50% of hitting 4 times, 25% of hitting 5 times and so on.

Achievement grinding.
But you still need to play on hard/very hard for some achievements.

No prob!

Now if only someone could also mod the traps, I sure as hell don't understand this game's file archives format.

Pretty amazing this happened.

Did you make the patch user?
If so, could you please explain to me how to extract a song from the soundtrack (the song that plays inside the Queen frieda dungeon)
I tried using the link of the Wolfeditor posted in the last thread but I was unable to use it without crashing
Do I need to have japanese applocale enabled?

I don't know why it would be crashing.

Here's just the whole game's music in the original formats and filenames, mostly Midi.

mega.nz/#!bBpFADYS!twU5BGz9zAkm7OURLJXb6JXAQtk1JPM7D13qrIfkZR8

Drag them to the Testplayer to make it sound exactly like the game, first checkbox in that player is for looping.

MC helped increase interest in the game.

Apparently Coco acts like Queen Frieda in MC.

Finally found
You are my hero user
Thank you

I found it strange how in MC King Konrath just fucking dies. I guess they found a baby dragon going Pyaa better as a companion than an Old King.

Also no need for extra dialogue for not Duke Galtz

>play class
>find no one to recruit
>play pirate
>find 5 people but can't recruit a single one of them

Every time.

I remember I used to stack Charisma+ 5 times on Pirate for that reason in the original, I don't think that works well at all in plus though.

...So why aren't Unicorns protected by the Hippys?

I'm pretty an NPC flat out tells you unicorns ARE protected by the tree huggers, when they really aren't, so I'm assuming some part of this is unintentional.

Best and most comfy music coming through
youtu.be/sdtOosI73mw

TIL very spicy lunchboxes can fucking explode.

Also got to say late in the weekly world in MC there is a ton of ghosts, too bad they only drop random stuff, but otherwise great meatshields and levels.

There was also a ghost who I talked to, dropped an item, and when I stepped on the item it was gone.

It's the same between OWH and MC though... unless MC just carried it over and didn't know they were supposed to be.

I just bought this game. What am I in for? Any know-before-playing tips?

Stack a few agility perks for an easier time at the start, run away if you see tough enemies, avoid dungeons until you feel confident you can deal with the enemies inside, use your awakenings and consumables to not die, and don't kill any passive animals unless you want to feel the wrath of the tree huggers.

>not this youtube.com/watch?v=ki-_btzDqk8&list=PLd4EerlEhqdeomq3UdDLUleYpRFJ6qOgN&index=37
>Or this youtube.com/watch?v=aWwh5dq8TEE&list=PLd4EerlEhqdeomq3UdDLUleYpRFJ6qOgN&index=8
>Or this one youtube.com/watch?v=pCDlUbYWNl4&list=PLd4EerlEhqdeomq3UdDLUleYpRFJ6qOgN&index=21

Is Inhumane Odyssey/Very hard+Maniac mode a legitimate difficulty or is it just RNG bullshit? I've beaten it like twice out of tons of attempts and I feel like no matter how good I get it comes down to getting screwed over by getting deserts at the same time as Alma or ridiculous strong enemy combinations.

Nigga it's a rouge-like.
You can only do so much on your own, so higher difficulties will always be RNG checks.

No prob.

You better not be carrying explosives around any fire breathing enemies.

If MC you better not be carrying explosives ever.

Isn't it starting lv2 hunter that you get attacked by tree cunts?

Yeah you can kill 1 fluffy animal.

pocket elzite

How sure are you about this, I swear I've tried killing one goat before and those treefuckers were on my ass.

Not that guy, but if you kill only one protected animal when you meet a Jade forest hunter when they walk near you they will just say "..." and walk off instead of their usual greeting.

It's been a while since I played OWH+ but on MC I know this to be true, honestly unless I'm playing on Hard or above I just butcher all the animals with most classes for the levels, meat and challenge.

Pretty sure? Unless different animals give different #. When they are at stage 1 pissed off they go "...." when you are spotted but don't attack.

>Step on sleep trap
>Tough wolf molests me in my sleep from 100-0 hp

Good mechanic.

THE NEW VERSION IS SHIT

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Anyone tried the MC PVP?

Is it really though?

IIRC goat gives 2 levels in MC at least. Some others might give 2 levels too.

Nah, it's just a mad anti-anime retard.

The hell is this?

Whatever it was its dead now.

Enemy with their stats hidden. Friendly NPC can also be hidden too, so you might not want to attack these unknowns from range.

I never seen these without the perk though, I just took Will 5 times here.

You're supposed to attack every single tile on the ground user.

>But it rarely ever happens!

Yeah, but it happens.

What's the best way to expand your castle ? ( on MC )

In all directions? I basically don't use residents other than the quest givers.

Use based Coco.

"It rarely ever happens" is much more accurate though.

He had to be near a strong enemy, trip a trap, have that trap be a sleep trap, not wake up upon taking damage, and be already weak enough to die quickly to remove additional chances of waking up.

Remove or change any part of that situation and he would have lived. See, having an incredibly small chance for the game to be put in an unwinnable state is something OWH and OWH+ did as well, so complaining that traps ruin the game or whatever is ridiculous.

You should understand, instead, that traps are a negative addition because they make allied NPCs a much riskier investment and further nerf already dangerous to carry explosive items.

It's a meme user, nobody dies from sleeping traps.

>See, having an incredibly small chance for the game to be put in an unwinnable state is something OWH and OWH+ did as well, so complaining that traps ruin the game or whatever is ridiculous.

The difference is that in OWH/+, you can say "there was a realistic possibility that I could have prepared for this".

technically, you can check the ground in front of you if you think being trapped in that instant will kill you

but i do agree that sleep traps in particular are somewhat bs due to the extremely limited options for dealing with them

to be real though, if you actually trip a sleep trap and die, you basically won the one way heroics death lottery and should take that as a sign to take a break lmao

Dude all that needs to happen is even a moderate enemy back attacks you while you were put to sleep to completely fuck you over, especially for classes that take extra back damage.

how do i beat any of the red difficulties
i want to git gud
and maybe unlock the other owh+ classes that aren't force knight

Adding to that, back or side attacks are more likely in these situations that you were trying to run away from an enemy in the first place that you probably couldn't handle, you would potentially lived if the game went "lol nah"

So are the campaign worlds there to help you win quests with different bonuses like exp or heroes joining or can they be used to unlock something special?

>stream OWH+ for friend to get him into the game
>Maniac Hard, keep getting really low on hp, no stamina, no items
>rng blesses me with dark chefs, confusion kunai and sleep knuckles
>demon lord+3 kills me before I get the killing blow at 700km after 2 hours

I feel so stupid but it was a nice run, and now he can't stop playing the game so everything worked fine.

Ally campaign can be reloaded multiple times until you get "naughty" prefix.

Don't go on red.

Supposedly you need to clear different campaign worlds to unlock class unlock quests in MC, but some people aren't getting those. It's kind of hard to tell at the moment.

>finally reach 2km after a ton of struggle in MC
>it literally fades out and gives me credits
Really underwhelming

Yeah, beating any campaign maps unlocks npcs for quests.
But I mean maps that specifically have some things like npc X will join you or increased exp. I assume they are there to help you complete other characters quest more easily.

Golden rule of OWH is you will always find rare allies only when using zero charisma classes.

Well yeah you pretty much run away from the problem so of course it's gonna be an underwhelming ending.

Who is that girl? Never saw her in the ally list.

>girl
Old lady sure is flattered.

She was so small I thought she was another loli. My bad.

What the hell is this bullshit whining? You will probably never die to a sleep trap in even 100 runs, and if you actually beat the odds and manage to, tough shit.

For fucks sake it's a goddamn rougelike. If you can't deal with leaving part of the game up to luck, maybe the genre isn't for you.

Her name was Olga and she's a merchant. From her dialogue I gathered that she gives you the ability to detect towns (and maybe reduced shop prices?) but doesn't fight with you. I've never seen her either nor Muddy/Coco.

Coco was in a daily iirc. Also she opens the holy shrine too, so she's great.

Should I?

Do it, he ran away from his family.

Epilogue is after the credits.

Sacrifice Nami, literally the shittest one there.

Cole Protects you from all damage occasionally, forever useful.
Aerdou does good damage in spite of taking a HP hit.
Nami sometimes cooks meat enemies are carrying.

What does this do?

How the hell do i finish the demon lord quest?
I already tried it 2 times always getting to the east before finishing it because the npc's keep getting raped before i reach them

I saved and sacrificed one and it gave me 15 levels.

You also get a free slot in that case to probably recruit someone more useful than Nami!

Strong enemies is the most bizarre event in the game.

These threads are really making me disappointed over MC's online. I mean, they have PVP even, how did they fuck up so badly with the regular online feed?

It almost feels like they didn't want people to feel bad about seeing somebody on the left side doing better than them. I always liked looking to see who was playing on what difficulty, how far they were, what class, etc. Now all I get to see is their sprite and how far they are, it's really upsetting.

You only see it if they tweeted too.

Use a class with high agility and the sprint ability. Make multiple saves through the run and load back to one if you can't make it to an NPC before an enemy kills them.

What happens when you reload a save? Do you get new genesis stones and shit as if it was a new run when you finish?

Any tips on how to clear End of the Dimension in OWH+? I managed to be fine for 1.2km, then I ran out of energy while demon enemies spawned and regular enemies becoming strong enough to not be one-shotted anymore.

Can I just delay the entrance to the dimension until I'm near the 3km mark?

Dark knight is baby mode but I win anyway.

Maximum delay is apparently 2000km.

Supposedly after that, you lose all the progress made on opening the path, and have to pay the dimensional coins and find the old man all over again.

You really need to stock up on all the energy you can find before going in there.

so is this + or mythic

I still don't know which one is better

It makes me so fucking mad that they replaced these for some epic music in Mystery Chronicles.

Mystic.

They're very close to the same game. Just MC has more content, a worse UI, and runs much worse on PC.

I'm kinda shocked with how little Spike Chunsoft changed.

Is trading levels for power always worth it? If it doesn't drop your stats, isn't that a sweet deal?

It shows up in the results screen. Also, you can't use those in Maniac mode.

I think the only downside is that you don't get as many points at the end of the scoreboard.
If you never use a statue goddess they give you +150pts or something.

Some classes need to reach a certain level to unlock class skills.

I wish OWH+ had MC's Shiren-style inventory auto-arrange.