What is the best 3D Mario and why is it Sunshine?

What is the best 3D Mario and why is it Sunshine?

youtube.com/watch?v=KrSX_SmuUZk

Who is this blue fag? Never heard of him

My friend was complaining about this video and how shitty it is. I haven't watched it myself but we both agree that Super Mario Sunshine is a good game, it doesn't need to be "defended".

people like to joke that Cred Forums is full of underage e-celeb posting children a lot I get that meme

but

just fucking look at this shit, Cred Forums, and tell me this is OKAY

You Smell and i don't.

Great now the anti-sunshine fags are going to accuse you of being a Muppet lover if you like Sunshine now.

Doesn't really matter what they think.
because galaxy is the best

correct.

Th camera and controls are garbage, the game has very little actual plattaform

And for all the "I wish 3D Mario was open again like 64/Sunshine!" Sunshine is actually much more linear than 64, I mean, the stages themselves are open but every the path to every objetive is completelly linear unless you are being retarded on purpose and straying off the obvious path, unlike 64 where you had to figure shit on your own

Absolutely fantastic taste. Except one little thing; you missed a "2" in that spoiler. :^)

The Best 3D Mario is Super Mario Galaxy or SMG2. Sunshine is fucking garbage. get this eceleb puppet bullshit out of here. stop shilling your shit, Arlo. reported and hidden.

I first played Sunshine when I was quite young and very sick in the hospital.

Because of that, I love it the most even if I can see its flaws.

>Arlo
>eceleb

how can Arlo be a celeb if hardly anyone knows who the fuck he is you stupid faggots?

Camera yes controls no.

grover

Fuck off Arlo no one cares about your shitty jewtube channel!

there wasn't enough blooper surfing

This guy is okay.

what is the deal with gamecube games having free fantastic cameras and then the later games in the same franchise suddenly lacking them? lookin at you, zelda

i thought sunshine had by far the best mario controls, and the best opportunities to use them.

100% this and it is why 64 will always be the best.

Also every challenge in Sunshine comes from shitty controls/design

>Mario water autism
>good

user..

I didn't hate it. But it's not something worth defending either.

holy shit stop posting your garbage you muppet fuck

You mean the only good 3D Mario. He struggled harder in the 3D space more than Sonic did.

Has Arlo ever said what he thinks of 3D World?

This puppet seem to reflect the contrarianism of most gen 6 babbies on Cred Forums. You know, the ones tgat unironically think Neo-Nintendo is a thing.

Sunshine is far from being a bad game. Even a galaxy fan like me can't argue Sunshine is bad.
But pretending Sunshine isn't the weakest game in the whole 3D Mario series is nuts. Yes, it is also weaker than 3D World and Land for the basic fact its level design is a clusterfuck. The only ones against this notion are exactly those grown up with gen 6 games and that think the GC was a great console (which wasn't).

NeoNintendo IS a thing you shit eating drone, or did you forget the entire Wii generation and their QoL strategy?

I bet you were one of the fags crying crocodile tears over the death of a corporate businessman. Kys.

NeoNintendo is not a thing

Yes it is.

No its not.

Yes it is.

No it's not

Yes it is.

No it's not

I think you're right, it's always weird to see people act like Nintendo's strategy of lateral thinking with withered technology and family focus is some kind of change.

When really it's been their focus since they entereted the market. I mean Nintendo's strategy the original Gameboy would fit this "Neo Nintendo" myth.

No its not.

It is. 3D World is the blandeset thing Nintendo has ever shit out. People only love it for the multiplayer and the fact that for once in their lives Nintendo made a 3D Mario that wasn't based around a retarded gimmick ( Water, Gravity, Motion Controls, threedee).

It is a thing.

It's not a thing.

It is.

Gameplay elements are now gimmicks
You are NeoNintendo aren't ya

3D Mario started to fall apart when they got rid of the hub in Mario Galaxy 2. It just kind of makes everything a tad more sterile. "Here's your level select screen, who gives a fuck about the other fluff?"

Then 3D Land and World injected themselves with NSMB's blandness and it got as fucked as it could be.

You're NeoNintendo

ArLo got a point but even him admitted that some of the mission are tedious.64 is the best,the game is great,still full of secrets and the glitches keep it fresh.

Because Sunshine is the only 3D Mario with actual camera control, so it's the best by default.

That's better than focusing on grandiose and spectacle. I think 3D Land and 3D World are charming and humble in comparison and are more what the Mario series is about.

The games aren't supposed to be an epic conflict or about drama. That's why Sunshine's story was so cringey.

3d world is fine but doesnt feel like a 3d mario,just another NSMB sequel.

I like the no-bullshit hubs of the recent 3D Marios. I never got anything out of Leach's castle and Delfino Plaza.

the more straightforward 3D Mario games like the galaxies/World are way better than their predecessors. they have more focus on actual platforming and are just overall more polished

It's not about "epic conflict" so much as it just comes off more soulless.

I know Cred Forums harps on about gameplay being king, but the latest Mario games have stripped things down more and more to the point of where everything feels more shallow other than the core mechanics.

Like, Mario hardly even talks anymore. He just kind of babbles.

It's not like they're gonna stop making "Story-driven" Marios because they made a game that doesn't pander to you. Jesus Christ millenials are such crybabies

The soul of a game comes from the player feeling good after completing a hard level. All the other crap like plot, characters, cinematics or "atmosphere" should only exist to complement the underlying gameplay. I think that Nintendo has realized that Mario only needs orchestrated music and bright visuals to make the game polished.

nah mate. there are just 2d plateformers in 3d which is boring.what made 64 unique was having a limited amount of levels for multiple purposes.

Yeah like how Sticker Star was just a phase...

Oh wait they made a sequel and infected Mario and Luigi too.

>puppet

This is some autism level, but I always also wanted to do a youtube show with a puppet but more about Triumph the Dog style, not anymore thanks youtube heroes for save me from mean words and anti-liberal stuff!

for the most you're just retreading areas you've been through. Banjo did it better with how it never kicked you out

Excuse me? The last 3D Mario to have a proper hud was released 10 years ago in the first Mario Galaxy.

Since then, I've seen the franchise chip away at things little by little.

The level design itself has become annoyingly formulaic. "Introduce a concept (i.e., tiles that switch around every time you jump), develop on that concept, and intermittently inserting concepts from previous levels to spice things up.

It's great in theory, but especially something like 3D Land, it's like there's a premade design approach they went for when making levels.

OK so you can say that the controls and/or camera sucked in Sunshine but you cannot possibly say that 64 had them better because it didn't.

I found Sunshine more enjoyable than Galaxy.

>soulless.

No what's souless is dragging the series into what's popular because it's popular even if it means sacraficing what the series is good at.

Halfing the number of levels in the game so that they can make little set-pieces so they can convince some players it's a "living world" at the expense of proper platforming so they can have a little village everywhere. Then running out of time so they had to jam pack the game to the point there's arguably more filler content(Blue Coins, Red Coins, repeated mission goals) than substantial.

Atleast Ilse Delfino was fleshed out because that's the more important part right? And the writing? Yeah the whole 0 awards and no critical acclaim for its writing was worth that focus.

yes,but BK came out later so it had time to improve the formula.

Banjo lost it's way though, even Yooka Laylee feels more like a sandbox than a platformer. The one thing about Modern Mario I actually like is that it's actual platforming. I just wish they didn't have to sacrifice everything including Mario's moves just for "muh notraccoon leaf!"

You're acting like them rushing the game, and Sunshine being unfinished, is the fault of the design concept of having a 'natural world', rather then the dev team getting fucked over.

Last I checked, Jak & Daxter (the original one), pulled that off just fine. Created a seamless world that didn't even have loading screens for levels. You could walk from the beginning of the game, right to the end, while still following the Mario 64 approach of completing individual objectives.

the Sunshine team didn't learn from it apparently

most people don't like sunshine,which feels like a tedious BK. I like isle delfino and using Fludd in smash, though

Yeah but Sunshine came after and it still kicked the player out of the level every Shine. It wasn't until 3D World that the Stars didn't kick you out.

Because your Goal isn;t the stars, it's the Pole at the end. Touch the pole and you get booted, that's it and there's zero reason to go back in unless you forgot a green star.

The green stars (In 3D World, not Galaxy 2) are basically just Star Coins from NSMB.

3DW doesnt play like 64 thought:stars aren't poles.

Or Dragon Coins from Super Mario World.

I don't know why people seem to think the green stars actually count for anything. They've been a mechanic in Mario since the early 90s.

>I hate Sunshine, there's very little platforming compared to 64!
>Mario 3D Land/World suck!

3d land is too safe.not bad but as good as nsmb 2. 3D world is great but not a sequel to 64/sunshine.

Green Stars are required for unlocking levels though, which is a new thing for that style of Mario. Levels that are required to progress are locked behind green star counts, in NSMB I think Star Coins were only ever used for unlocking bonus stages and the Dragon coins in SMW were worthless as they didn't unlock anything.

You need stars in 3D World to unlock later levels. They have the exact same purpose in 3D World as 64 other than the fact they don't kick you out of the level.

Have you even played the game?

I know that but you can't deny that both 3D Land and 3D World had better platforming to 64 (and Sunshine).

Why is this fucking retard talking as a puppet.

with a fucking lisp.

It's a gimmick.

Probably gonna end up seeing more stuff like this as youtube gets saturated with people who want to be paid to talk about video games.

64 is better

I need to a video like that of this.

They are not the main focus but necessary so it wouldnt make sense to kick you out of the levels for them,just like kong letters in Retro DK.

3d land? no. 3d world? better than sunshine.It's more focused on traditional point A from point B platforming than 64 but Platforming in 64 can make get a lot of stars that you would only get later in the game it's about finding new ways.

So let me explain something to you.

3D Land had better and more platforming than Sunshine, which had better and more platforming than 64.

64, if you recall (which you probably don't, as you probably only played it when you were a child blinded by nostalgia goggles) had very ltitle actual platforming. Only Tick Tock Clock and Rainbow Ride had SOME platforming, and even that was mostly a bit of wall jumping and waiting for platforms to take you from one place to another.

That's because precision platforming in 3D does not fucking work due to lack of depth perception. Why do you think they released the first 3D Mario with a pure platforming focus on a console with a 3D feature?

People still think 64 is an good game? lol.

Galaxy overcame the depth perception problem by introducing the spin that forgives misfired jumps. I imagine that FLUDD served a similar purpose in Sunshind, learning from the mistakes of 64

Objective facts:

>the muppet has bad tastes and is a sperg

>sm64 is the best 3D Mario game. The rest are either too tedious or lacking in depth in terms of Mario's movements

A split personality muppet. One minute he's telling people to give this new game a chance because it's different (Federation Force), the next he's telling people that a game is shit because it's different (Color Splash, Pikmin 3DS Spinoff).

More like a control freak. He wants everyone to think his preferences are the only right way to make [insert game series].

It's just that he's also a hypocrite and will sperg out about changes in his favourite series. But when it comes to something like Metroid he doesn't care and just goes "Give it a chance".

Almost like a guy controlling a puppet

>Th camera and controls are garbage
The camera is much better than 64's by simply because it's controlled by a c-STICK, as opposed to 64's being controlled by c-BUTTONS. You have more liberty in Sunshine.

And I have no idea why do you think the controls are "garbage". I thought they were fine?

Agreed. Sunshine is my favorite game, but I can understand why people don't really like it, since it has big flaws.

Fellow favourite Sunshine gamer here. What in your opinion are its flaws?

You don't need to call me like that, you know.

Anyway, it was rushed, blue coins in general didn't had ANY indication or tip to get all of them, Yoshi could have been better if it had ability to swin, some of the challenges in this game is heavily questioned, voice acting (or atleast, Bowser's voice acting was terrible) and others that I forgot. There's also FLUDD who didn't please many people.

I agree about the blue coins but don't agree about any of your other points. The only other flaw I was going to say was that the boss fights could have been better.

>The only other flaw I was going to say was that the boss fights could have been better.
Yes, that's true. I liked the idea of Bowser's boss final, but I feel like it was more a normal boss. They could have atleast made the boss final like the one from 64's, where Mario fights Bowser in a classic way.

It's almost like people are allowed to have opinions.

>Soulless
This word should be bannable.

>>sm64 is the best 3D Mario game. The rest are either too tedious or lacking in depth in terms of Mario's movements

I completely agree with you and don't understand any other opinion.

Arlo is e-celeb kino

>Like, Mario hardly even talks anymore.
Are you saying that like it's a bad thing? Because it's not.

That video was terrible

>guy uses a fucking Muppet as his gay youtube avatar
Jesus fucking Christ.