Aren't you tired of the hype culture crap?

aren't you tired of the hype culture crap?

>Ben Kuchera of Polygon wrote that Cuphead was one of the five most interesting reveals at Microsoft's E3 2014 press conference, even though he knew little about the game apart from its aesthetic. He said it "stood out immediately" and that everyone in the website's press room viscerally reacted to the trailer.[10] Cuphead won the IGN Best Xbox One game at E3 award in 2015.[11]

they are even giving awards to games that are not even released

>350 awards won
Guess the game.

A lot of games get awards for fucking nothing or from some no name sites.

Shit means nothing.

I hope its fun.
Itd be a shame if it looked good but was just another one of those shooters qith all the bullets. Cant rhink of the name for em atm.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture won tons of awards at BAFTA

guess how well it sold

yeah it is rather pathetic when the game journalists themselfs fall for the hypetrain
see no mans sky

could be anything, but I also guess no mans sky

THIS SHIT NEEDS TO END
>Cuphead is the first game by Studio MDHR, an indie game development studio consisting of brothers Chad and Jared Moldenhauer.[2] Additional animation work was contributed by Jake Clark. Its development began in 2010, and they worked on the game from their respective homes in Toronto and Saskatchewan.[3] The game was inspired by 1930s cartoons such as that of Fleischer Studios, Disney, and cartoonists Ub Iwerks, Grim Natwick, and Willard Bowsky,[2] particularly their most "subversive and surrealist" elements.[6] Chad Moldenhauer called Fleischer Studios "the magnetic north of his art style".[6] Kill Screen described Max Fleischer's studio (run with his two brothers) as having "transportive, transformative, and massively fucked up" short films, such as "Swing You Sinners!"[6]

this is a con artist industry for fucks sake

>The first introduction of No Man's Sky at the 2013 VGX awards was considered to be the best aspect of the awards presentation.[98][99] Its expanded coverage at E3 2014 was also met with similar praise, with several critics considering it to have "stolen the show".[100][101][102] The title won the show's "Best Original Game" and "Best Independent Game" by a panel of game critics, as well as receiving the "Special Commendation for Innovation" title.[103]

Dunno about any of that but cuphead looks nice

Kuchera seem to be the king of this culture desu

>Kuchera hypothesized that No Man's Sky may follow the same route as Destiny, a 2014 game that at release received lukewarm reviews as it lacked much of the potential that its developers and publishers had claimed in marketing, but with several major expansions that added several features, became a highly-praised game. Kuchera referred to Hello Games' statements regarding new features, downloadable content, and tracking what players are interested in as evidence that No Man's Sky will evolve over time.[131]

What the fuck does "Best of E3" even mean?

It's nice that developers nowadays are trying to be more transparent during development, but I'd rather have some mystery left for when I get the game in my hands, or nowadays downloaded I guess.

....aaaand we still haven't learned that Kuchera is a money grubbing shill ?

Works great for journos though
> Hype game
> Write about it every time the company releases a trailer or tweets a screenshot
> Get a ton of views
> Generate more hype
> Repeat until release
> Write an editorial piece about how gamers are entitled
> Collect your shekels
> Repeat

Did Cuphead ever release?

Cuphead is already an animationfags wet dream. It could be pure shit and still be liked by a part of Cred Forums.

I think it looks great though. I'm a boss rush faggot and shoot-em up lover, so I'm already bias. I'm ready for another arcadey shooter; I bought Hard Corps, Malicious (it's 3D and melee heavy, but still), MM9&10, and Infinity Gene 3 times last gen.

> Game isn't even out yet and there's a reception section on Wikipedia
wtf i hate wikipedia now

Why would I be annoyed by something that has absolutely 0 impact on me?

This, I was looking forward to it.

But it doesn't look like a fun arcadey shooter or mechanically intense boss rush game, just lame and riding on the animation style.

Which hails back to an era before stretch and snap so it really is just aesthetic.

You do realize everytime marketing say a game was a winner of 100+ awards on launch day is from pre-release awards right? This was a thing since 1990s E3.

Looks fun to me

I think yiu forget how simple Contra and Megaman are

>aren't you tired of the hype culture crap?
Yes, but not for smaller, unique games like Cuphead. Cuphead is obviously

a) indie
b) had some effort put into it
c) an attempt at something new, different, unique

Certainly it's dumb for games to win awards etc before they are even out, but that's a way for journalists to signal to producers "hey take risks try new things we are open to change".

Now when something like MG Survive is announced and IGN starts playing trailers and gushing then yeah fuck hype culture.

Simple but not so static.

Neither is Cupheaf. Watch more shit than just the flower

Nobody ever forced you to read anything on the Internet, faggot.
Just check out of this Vietnamese fishing forum and out of social media if you don't like things getting spoiled for you.

>The title won the show's "Best Original Game" and "Best Independent Game" by a panel of game critics, as well as receiving the "Special Commendation for Innovation" title.
>Original
>Innovation
WHAT WAS SO ORIGINAL AND INNOVATIVE ABOUT IT? YOU FLY AROUND IN SPACE, THAT SHIT HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE. ARE THESE PEOPLE RETARDED? THEY'RE GETTING PAID TO DO NOTHING.

How well?

>Wah someone said a game with an artstyle that hasn't really been done before is interesting
How much of a faggots can you be to bitch about this?

>This supposedly adds value to society
I mean the value is questionable
But maybe moreso is society's values

Explaine when you say "doesn't look fun"

The hype culture is basically parody of itself at these points. There's like a chosen handful of games every E3 that get dozens if not hundreds of bullshit awards piled on them.

Yet they release and end up worse than games that never even received a single award at that E3. But they still get nominated/awarded GOTYs by the same sites that hyped them.