The Witcher 3

When did you realize that this was the best game ever made.

This is why I think it is: youtube.com/watch?v=gcFYm0S-zo0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SiyOajnJnTg
youtube.com/watch?v=Uc6RnI47vTI
youtube.com/watch?v=mVKPvspyyyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=K2eJj1oydrQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The game entered GOAT territory after I finished the Family Matters quest guy hanged himself, I knew this was the bad ending but it was so powerful I decided not to save-scum it like I usually do with RPG's
And stumbling upon Letho during a routine witcher contract was a huge shock to me

Never.

/thread

not when i got into the combat that's for sure

What do you not like about it? Is it not varied enough for you? This is bait, but...

>Below average gameplay

it lacks variety and has no challenge.

The Morkvarg quest and Skjall's little quest line was it all really clicked for me. Skellige in general is probably the best open world area I've played in a game before.

Did you even play the game?

yes, sadly.

Great game, but the scaling loot was a really poor choice. It was really annoying managing to sneak/kill your way through some monsters you had no business messing with yet only to find a randomly generated sword. Put some hand-crafted special items around, yeesh. Reward me with an awesome weapon for being brave/clever.

Same with the level requirements, some of them were stupid. You had to be what, like close to level 30 to use the Bear Witcher set?

And the crafted witcher gear being just flat better than everything else ... eh. I just didn't like how the loot was handled in this game.

Kill yourself inbred Polack

I don't really remember, but that point would be as good as any. I'm not sure I really think it's the best game ever made but it's easily in the top 20 at least.

I have to agree somewhat, but if you found the game too easy you could have just put it on Death March or changed up your playstyle. A lot of the lower tier enemies you just roll-quen-slash-slash-slash. Later on in the game the attack patterns of enemies becomes a bit more varied. I assume you didn't finish the game, but even if you did you probably didn't get the dlc. The dlc, especially blood and wine really changed up the monsters attack patterns and added grandmaster armor. The boss fight at the end was fantastic in my opinion and it took me awhile to beat it, only because of those goddamn bats, though.

It's like Ass Creed but with gore and tits. Enough to have every nu-male suck its cinematic hipster dick.

The truth is that this game would have been better without the leveling system at all. It should have operated more like a Zelda game where you just find equipment/items to increase in power.

her poor face, her poor poor face

>It's another OP baits hundreds of replies by praising tw3 thread

Jokes on you nignog, you just bumped the thread.

So I did the one fucking thing you are NOT supposed to do when playing these massive RPGs. I stopped playing it after getting to Novigrad. Not because the game is bad or I didn't enjoy it, but because I got distracted by other shit. It's been a couple of months now and I've totally lost the plot.

Yeah, agreed. Some other kind of mechanism to get better. Geralts been adventuring all his life. But suddenly in the course of this latest adventure, he increases drastically in ability? Dumb.

Agreed. Combat is just fucking lame. Wish they just copied better games like skyrim, skyrim had perfect combat.

>hurr durr skyrim let you directly control every movement your character makes and it takes no skill to press the b button to dodge

They wanted the game to be cinematic and make you feel like a swordmaster. Geralt is fluid and graceful, he doesn't just run up to a guy and swing at him, back up, swing forward, repeat.

>skyrim combat good

obvious bait is obvious

It plays like literal ass cancer though. Funny how CPDR shills so quickly defend their own cinematic trash while deeming games like Uncharted shit. They're all the same games.

I've been playing it for only two days now. I'm ready at the point where I am about to kill the griffin.
Game is great, no denying that. But it could be better.

I hope they don't shove Zoltan into the game and expect me to be all buddy buddy with him, cause I don't like his kind.
Dwarves and Elves can go fuck themselves.

There's nothing fantastic about them, they are only short humans and pointy-ears humans with a victim complex. Fuck off.
I blame Tolkien for this, just so you know. Tolkien and Obama.

I also dislike that there is very few passive wildlife and too many random monsters, makes the world less believeable.
I guess I like low fantasy settings better than high fantasy crap. And the bad thing is, I always expect Witcher to be low fantasy when it's not. Did that mistake with the previous two games.

And the controls are kinda bad. I think Witcher 2 had better control.

Gameplay sucks 7/10

>bad combat

>sign sign dust sign
>left click
>space bar
>left click left click left click left click
>space bar
>space bar
>double e tap for no reason
>left click left click
>space bar for no reason
>hold sign
>left click left click

whoa...left clicking, dodging and occasionally using magic....goty....

enemies with massive telegraphs and double tapping s

This is just so good so amazing
CDPR are Gods

Zelda combat
>B B B B B hold B B B B

Skyrim combat
>left click left click left click healing pot left click

Mass Effect combat
>hold left click, 1 2 3, left click, 123, left click

Mario
>hold right press A hold right hold right press A

I know the main story gets a lot of shit, but i actually thought it was great. Not a masterpiece maybe, plot-wise. However, i really cared about the characters, and not a whole lot of games can do that to me(not to say near literal zero books or movies ever get me to care shit about anything that happens in them).

Shit on the combat all you want, it still has the best combat system in an open world RPG game that doesn't solely focus on combat (such as Severance, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma) along with a well written story and open world that feels complete.

So here you gotta use signs, potions, roll, dodges, heavy and fast attacks, combos, while in other similar games like Elder Scrolls or even my favourite game Gothic you just kinda left click and hope for the best.

What are you expecting? Devil May Cry in an RPG? No other WRPG has combat as satisfying as Witcher 3.

>dust sign
stopped reading here
You never played witcher
desu kys senpai

you would have a point if any of those games were even remotely like witcher 3

So literally every game with some form of button clicking? Are you retarded?

Yeah it's true, no games are comparable to Witcher 3.

he used a sign and then the dust

how fucking stupid are you?

He's avoiding pressing fast attack in his webms for whatever reason. Trying to show depth when the combat is equip best oil, use thunderbolt, quen, then fast attack till with occasional dodge till dead. Which is death march only, on every other difficulty fast attack will do.

I want something better than fucking spacebar and left clicks

Jesus Christ CDrones are out in full force today

The gameplay is mediocre, combat is static 3hit combo roll back etc. and boring when each enemy has 2 attacks and no combos or abilities.

However the story and environment are very decent.

Like what?

That's all Dark Souls does too. Why are you retards playing Witcher 3 and expecting combat better than every game out there? The combat for what it does, it does well.

Hearts of Stone is much better than the base game. Ciri is so fucking shit

>no combos or abilities
>Fiends
>Spriggans
>Bruxae
>Arachnae
>Wyverns

Wasn't that good

Dark Souls has shit combat too

These combat systems are horrific and people like you are eating them up and not expecting any sort of evolution

>replayed TW2 to get my save in order so that I could save Letho as I heard he would appear in 3
>get to the area where you're supposed to meet him
>it was bugged and he never appeared

such a banger

good choice OP

He wanted to say that you can describe combat of every game that way
>I'm not using a coma and proper names, it's his fault and he is fucking stupid faggot
c'mon mate

Nice bait

No matter what, games like Witcher 3 will always make Nintendrones furious.

You see, Nintendo fans hate narrative, they hate story. It's why they always namecall games like Uncharted, Witcher etc. with any focus on plot 'movies', because they lack the ability to process anything beyond the most basic of gameplay.

To the average Nintendo fan, what they want are loud noises, bright colours and sparkling effects. It's all they ever played, and all they ever grew up on. The nuances of a game like the Witcher 3, focused on creating a believable world, complex characters and interesting plot go far beyond their intellectually diminutive heads.

second for

>being this triggered over shitter 3

this. It made me cry, I played everything so fucking badly in that questline, I could just not go back and do it better. Plus I had drank a lot of wine so I didn't really know where the questline began.

its as good as you let it be tb.h

i think the big issue is they gave too much leniency, so spamming quick attacks works just fine for literally everything

shit three button combat with talents which make you invincible even on death march
boring quests where you hold witcher senses
dead world with treasure chests every 5 meters
massive graphical downgrade (uses speedtree for fucksake)
dumbass AI
garbage WHERE'S CIRI questline and virtually no screen time for the wild hunt
awful MMO styled progression system for gear and zones which actually railroads your questing experience
terrible movement controls even when set to the one they introduced
anything to do with ships was embarrassing

It was pure fucking garbage

Any souls game is better 2bh

Go play some more Mario, Nintenbaby. You only have a short time too considering the Wii U has stopped production and is on it's death throes. Shame it didn't even last 5 years.

I've heard that autistic children often prefer bright colours etc because they have trouble engaging with subtle sensory information

explains a lot

Excuse me for not typing with proper punctuation on the fucking internet. I guess I'll have to type everything properly for the sake of your pitiful intelligence.

Oh I'm sorry, some enemies had 3 attacks. or maybe even 4. But there is absolutely no difference between gryffin, manticore or wyverns of different types, only size and color for example.

Same with wraiths for example, they could have made plague maiden and noonwraith from normal wraiths different, but no they're just reskins.

Also the loot and leveling systems were absolutely fucking dreadful, as already said in this thread the game would be ten times better if it never bothered with level system in first place.

I'd like to hear how combat works in your favorite game, then

I enjoy how angry Thebull gets at this game.
It's not even shitposting, it's legitimate, pure anger at this game's existence, feels so good.

WAAAH WHY IS IT NOT LIKE OBLIVION WHERE I CAN GO WHEREVER I WANT AND INSTANTLY KILL SHIT WAAAH PLEASE FEED MY ADHD MORE WHY IS THIS GAME AN ACTUAL RPG WITH LEVELS

im convinced soulsfags couldnt play on death march and uninstalled the game before they could get out of white orchard instead of lowering the difficulty a bit

Cred Forums has a reputation for being notoriously bad at videogames, just look at any counter strike thread

I hope you can skip it.

>comparing Uncharted 4 with Witcher 3
Truly an ebin epic of our times, the subtle details and lifelike characters flow from the pens of the writers as though from the mouth of the bard himself.

>shitty quen2win game doing same combo over and over with limited weapon types and shitty we want bearded nu males game of thrones crowd

I don't like Nintendo you dumb sperg lmao

game of thrones crowd is normies

>rpgs must have levels
No wonder you type like a child, you are one.

You can spout buzzwords as much as you want, but the leveling was awful, you could be entirely gear dependent instead of levels (which makes sense for Geralt, since he's already an estabilished witcher instead of some novice) and it would still be better than having downsized, level-restricted loot, also the activate witcher sense and follow trail for cutscene quests were awful

>not the first post by this IP
>replies to the OP
lol this guy is so fucking mad

That's how you know the game is excellent.

Kill yourself

spam keys to watch your witcherdoodle do basic animations over and over.

>take the criticism of samey combat thats a little too easy and blowing it up into LE COMBAT IS ACTUAL LITERAL CANCER ITS UNPLAYABLE

yep its Cred Forums

Check out this delusional retard
That's how you know someone's triggered

but its the only thing that will give w3 haters (you)s
Otherwise the threads would be pure praise 24/7

You know something is truly a masterpiece when it makes people froth at the mouth upon hearing it's name.

Even Da Vinci had his critics in his days. In 10 years people will remember the Witcher 3, but they won't remember the autists that threw fits over it.

As opposed to the one replying to the OP even though he has already replied in the thread before?
lmfao

No, I mean the song. I just saw the vid, in OP's post. I hadn't before.

i thought the combat was great

this actually looks awful. i hated the combat in 1 and 2, so much so that i couldnt even play them. i had friends tell me this game does it a lot better, but christ

>witcher 3
>rpg

>not turning off controls on the hud

>another reply to the OP
>not the first post by this IP
Fat virgins are getting angrier!

Looks like shit

what didn't you like about the combat in 1 and 2? Because 3 is waaay different from those

Reddit is the same way. All i see

>Le witcherino 3 is da best game eva!!!!!! press the updoot button if u agree. If you disagree, i will force my opinion on you

There's a reason for this, most retards on Cred Forums or even Cred Forums in general are this way because it's nearly impossible to criticize anything almost anywhere without getting brigaded by a bunch of fanboys.

But people already agree combat isnt the selling point of the game and its still their favourite game, but naysayers then go "combat is bad and the game is purely about combat and thats all were going to talk about untill end of time"

literally the worst combat I have ever seen

please get some taste

As opposed to the autist who spends his youth trying to derail Witcher threads out of pure anger?

I picked Yen guys

I didn't excuse their behaviour, I just explained it, it'snigh impossible to have reasonable dicussion with actual criticism anywhere else so retards take it all the way up to 11 here because they can.

>combat is what you'll do for a big core of game
Kys

CDPR picked yen for you, she always was the canon choise and the game would be complete if it didnt have triss at all.

>Morrowind has god awful combat
>people still say it's a great game

How come Witcher 3 doesn't get the same treatment? Oh wait, you guys don't care if the combat is good or not, you just want to hate it and picked an arbitrary reason to do so.

>Morrowind has god awful combat
>people still say it's a great game
Nostalgia, TES has always been terrible.

compare the % of time spent in combat for w3 and for souls games, its like 5% vs 80%

except the autist is right

That's probably because you can get through Morrowind without resorting to combat too much, unlike in witcher where it's mandatory throughout all of the game.

t. the autist

Ciri is fucking BAE

cunt

>Your opinion does not match mine, so you are an autist.

triggered much.

You are an autist because you've been at it for months now.

Witcher's mere existence makes your blood boil, which is delicious, and also the mark that it's a genuinely good videogame.

You don't get to the top without earning a few enemies along the way, but in this case, the enemies are a bunch of permanently angry virgins.

Thanks, I appreciate ya. Not all people are so sophisticated as you and can read your b8 written with retard language

i honestly couldn't get into it. Not because of the wacky control scheme, but because literally everyone's face was absolutely disgusting ugh

I feel like good UI designers in vidya are the rarest people on earth.
How could you put that amount of effort into something player will observe all the time?
How could you leave out stuff like proper inventory to be fixed in a year after release?
How could you have malfunctioning minimap which has loading time with 2 seconds fade-in?

Some good games are ruined by ignorance, I feel like faggots who developed it never even tried playing it.

W3 UI dev, if you are reading this, mcfucking end yourself and make this world a better place.

>only one person can ever think that witcher isn't perfect

I just wish there were more fancy fluid ways to break guard. Enemies are too good at blocking. Like when you do that spinning aoe thing and enemies block 20 out of 20 attacks. I don't want to stop to do a slow kick or a sign. Let them block like 2 attacks then I do a fancy guard break slash to attack to cinematic finish.

Confirmed gay. Go back to playing Final Fantasy.

I ain't even mad. Not my problem you can't handle a bit of debate without resorting to calling people autists and virgins. Seems to me your blood is boiling.

Of course it's only one person.

>I ain't even mad
Oh, yes you are, you are mad as hell at this game's mere existence, and at it's deserved success.

>best game ever made
I don't agree with this concept as there are too many genres that fill too many different roles, but Blood and Wine was absolutely superb.

This was already one of my favourite games despite the many hallmarks of an increasingly shit work environment, but B&W just raised it several levels.

Okay, that's actual butthurt autism

her ass was perfect

>cant bang random peasants anymore

what

When i got to this part.

youtube.com/watch?v=SiyOajnJnTg

This, the quest about the crones was the best, and Velen has the best atmosphere.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uc6RnI47vTI

GOTY

I wish they left some of those.

For me the kids got eaten but I saved the mom, those witches were so grotesque. Baron deserved his shit but I am a thoughtful witcher.

>open world game has physics bugs and glitches
woah, really 0/10

>playing gog version
>gog galaxy has no screenshot function
>hitting print screen crashes the game 100% of the time

what do

I guess you haven't played much open world games. Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword are all bug-less and glitch free. I guess the Shitter 3 can't match the standards of those, though.

use fraps

I realized it after beating The Witcher 2.
Honestly if you had played Witcher 2 in its entirety it was clear The Witcher 3 was going to be GOTYAY, seeing as how The Witcher 2 itself was GOTYAY and all they needed to do was give us more random witcher contracts for it to kick ass.

Ansel

>this is the type of person who makes up the majority of Cred Forums

welp

>Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword
Which are also Zelda games, which means they barely have any gameplay mechanics, and a really small open world.

>any of those games generating generic NPCs to populate the world constantly
just one example of how the games are different, zelda game worlds are generally speaking much more static and better defined than witcher.

I wouldn't call it the best, but I really love the characters and the world. It is a nice spin on a tired aesthetic.

Reading the book series at the moment and loving it, though I heard they get kind of meh towards the end.

are you using a sweetfx/reshade preset?

Are we still shilling this glorified westernshit open-world game? Give it a rest Polacks.

playing totally vanilla

no idea why it crashes every single time

>about to kill the griffin
HAHAHAHA

You have seen literally nothing

In 40 hours more gameplay you will come back an say best game ever

Oh it gets far worse than meh, just you wait

Yes because it makes very fat virgins like you angry.

Is this game the national pride of Poland except cheap underaged hookers? Even then, I assume the underaged whores have greater revenue. Why aren't we shilling the whores instead?

just use fraps then

>Calls someone a fat angry virgin

>Plays a game made for fat angry virgins

This game sold like mad because the normies all went to buy it.
It won the GOTY award, too.
Plus the only people shitting on it are on Cred Forums, which proves only angry fat virgins hate it.

Witcher fans loved it, normies loved it, the industry loved it...
You are just 10 virgin contrarians with, fortunately, no relevance in anything whatsoever.

> I am about to kill the griffin
that's only end of prologue m8
beware of dogs and wolf packs they will fuck you up in no time

We can agree then that Witcher 3 is normalfag cancer game same as CoD and Ass Creed.

Glad we're on the same page. I bet this makes your Polack westernshit very popular on Reddit and the like.

>reee the normies
So, not a surprise the one hating Witcher 3 is from /r9k/

And you are just an inbred Polack that will live and die as nothing. Literally the white niggers of Europe.

Go to bed, Nintendrone.

Holy shit this triggered autist fanboy

Who cares about what you have to say?
TW3 will be remembered as the masterpiece it is, no one will remember your opinions, since they are not worth anything.

Why are you getting mad now, Pole dirt? I said the game was normalfag bait. Just like Uncharted and CoD. They're all the same games basically. Brain-dead gameplay and pretty graphics for the masses so they can imagine it's just like a movie. CDPR did a very good job with that. I'm not arguing against you.

>unironical use of the word ''fanboy''
Greetings, Reddit.

It will be remembered in the same veins as Uncharted and Ass Creed. Normalfags will brag about beating it on Reddit and Facebook while people who actually grew up playing RPGs recognize it for being casualized trash for dumb people.

It attracted even normalfags because of how brilliant the game is.
Everyone was talking wonders of it everywhere, of course even the normalfags came in.

>national pride of Poland is an Ass Creed copypaste
AHAHAHAHAHA

I guess being raped sideways by both Russians and Germans does things to your brains.

>Muh old games are so much better

Kys

Even the posts are exactly 1 minute from each other.
Lol, just lol.

>muh casualized "RPG" is better than actual PC RPG games
kys Polack shit. You don't get special treatment because it's CDPR doing it.

>while people who actually grew up playing RPGs recognize it for being casualized trash for dumb people.
No, even they like it.
The ones who don't like it are 10 fat contrarians on Cred Forums who hate it solely because of how much of a deserved success it is.

Everything that could have gone right, actually went right.

Honestly RPG is basically meaningless as a genre now anyway, W3 is basically an action game

You are a random Cred Forums user.
You don't get to decide that, and fortunately, you didn't get to.

The Witcher 3 sold like mad, got showered in awards, and there's nothing you can do about it, just cry like mad in TW3 threads because the world went exactly the opposite direction you wanted it to go.
Thank god for that tbqh.

>No, even they like it.
lol
The game is made fun of everywhere for being the same genre of trash as games like BamHam and Ass Creed. That's what the game is. It's just a mere imitation of other western games that are pseudo-RPGs. Only a fucking retard would claim that Witcher 3 is a good RPG. It's an interactive story with an afterthought gameplay.

>all this asspain

Samefag

Madness.

>The game is made fun of everywhere
Is the source of this your user's ass?
I bet it is.

>Only a fucking retard would claim that Witcher 3 is a good RPG
lol so mad

>that pic
Holy fuck that's so sad.

What's wrong with this user? He's been shit posting the witcher 3 for a year and a half. Why does he hold a grudge against cdpr? What's his backstory?

>The Witcher 3 sold like mad, got showered in awards
Just like Skyrim. But then again, people still play Skyrim. Once people played the story of Witcher 3, they all dropped it. No reason to stick around when the game is basically an on-rails movie.

>Mario
>Pressing A twice

Some people are born to be angry.
This particular user found in TW3 a reason to validate his permanent anger, probably due to personal issues.

Very sad tbqh.

When I got to 100 hours and realized that I was still enjoying deliberate, intentionally created stuff for me to do. The visiuals of the game and the effort put into writing quests and areas to explore are genuinely astounding. The only other modern game to pay attention to environmental detail like the Witcher was The Division, which distinctly lacked a competent writing and game design team.

The game really entered greatest of all time territory with the two DLCs, though. Hearts of Stone was unbelievably good, and Blood &Wine had game's worth of content.

Hearts of Stone would itself be a contender for GotY, honestly.

youtube.com/watch?v=mVKPvspyyyQ

youtube.com/watch?v=K2eJj1oydrQ

Range ban Poland when? They've used Cred Forums as personal advertising board for too long now.

What's even worse is that all those posts were made in one month.

>not the same image numbers

Nope, try again shill

I think it's an ex cdpr employee.

>not a single word about the gameplay
You CDPR drones do a decent job shilling the game. But it's fairly obvious how much shit you eat.

it would be perfectt if they just made skyrim with potions

Maybe it's our beloved Todd.

>same text, same file name same everything
>i-it's not the same
Everyone caught in the act of shilling, CDPR drones. These threads are a joke of circlejerking.

>You CDPR drones do a decent job shilling the game. But it's fairly obvious how much shit you eat.

Didn't know that being THIS rude was allowed in this website.

Why can't CDPR drones stand criticism? Why won't they admit the gameplay is trash? The game has other qualities, like graphics. But why do they still think the gameplay isn't incredibly trash when it's common consensus?

>drones
Can we all just start being civilized?
Rudeness has never lead to anything good.

>common census

The gameplay being trash is a meme. It's nothing great but it's decent.

Neither has advertising disguising itself as civil discourse. If you want to advertise, you go by the same channels as everyone else. That simple.

No, rudeness is something that is affecting millions of people, so i'd like you to stop.
This sub has already suffered a lot from rude people such as yourself.

>cdpr drones get absolutely blown the fuck out once again

I dont know who you are user but keep up the good fight.

It's trash to anyone that has played more than three games. Of course the masses won't care because they only play the shitty AAA games. But to everyone else, the gameplay is a joke. No depth. No satisfaction. Just mindless filler content because it's a game and therefore it needs more than just story. It reminds me of Uncharted in more ways than one.

The gameplay is fairly repetive after a certain point, but I'd imagine that most game have pretty repetitive gameplay after you hit ~150 hours. Within the first ~40 hours you're usually unlocking stuff and playing with builds. Each of the different color trees play pretty damn differently. Most of the repetitiveness is because people don't want to try a different build.

But the reason the game is good is primarily because of the writing, and by extension the visual and sound design of the game.

The gameplay is not bad enough to detract from these.

>cdpr drones get absolutely blown the fuck out once again
How?
The game sold a lot, the game got lots of awards, everyone loves it, high scores everywhere.

Everything that could have gone right, went right.

But user I have played way more than three games.

Nice meme image. This gives you a free "get out of the discussion" card.

Name some games with more rewarding gameplay.

He did nothing wrong.

Soulsborne and Dogma absoluteness shit all over this trash.

>name some games so you can call them shit
Not falling for it, CDPR shill.

Nope.

this reminds me how bioshock infinite used song, but it was so much of a ear pull I almost skipped it even though singing was alright

>dragons dogma

MEME GAME IS MEME

>The ones who don't like it are 10 fat contrarians on Cred Forums
I wouldn't even put the numbers that high. It's probably one or two at most given the sporadic frequency of posts. I've spammed more threads on Cred Forums back in the day.

>Soulsborne and Dogma
Yup, confirmed virgins.

>the game sold a lot
Not as much as Skyrim

>the game got lots of awards
Not as many as Skyrim

>everyone loves it
Not as much as Skyrim

>high scores everywhere
Not as high as Skyrim

EVERY FUCKING TIME

>Not as much as Skyrim

But it's still the GOTY of 2015 and one of the best selling games of 2015.

Not as big as Skyrim, but TES has a gigantic reputation.
One step at a time.

Can't wait for Cyberpunk.

Skyrim is the CDPR shill poison.

Thank you based Todd for granting us the game.

Actually it did get more awards than skyrim. It set the record for most goty.

I haven't played it yet, my computer isn't good enough

You realize that Souls games and Bloodborne are exactly the same swordplay except they removed the signs?

I'll grant you Dogma, but with the caveat that Dogma is clunky and unpolished as fuck.

It sold like half of Skyrim. The game is completely irrelevant in comparison to Skyrim. Even on Steam, Skyrim has ten times as many players, despite releasing like five years ago.

Witcher 3 will always be in the shadows of Todd the King. Learn to deal with it, Polack drones.

peasant

>tfw you can't put forth an argument so you call your opponent a shill and think you've won

lol so mad

the only reason skyrim is still alive today, is because of the huge modding community. If Witcher 3 had the same modding community/tools, then they would atleast be on par.

>It sold like half of Skyrim
Yeah, but it did very nicely, one of the best selling games of 2015, which is very fine coming from TW2.

>Skyrim has ten times as many players
Yeah, but the mod support has been very big.

>Witcher 3 will always be in the shadows of Todd the King
Well, can't beat the king with just one game, need to keep building up the reputation.

The absolute madman.

>mfw stinky Polacks think their AAA cash-in is popular and beloved near me

Todd has lost his touch.

>all the same filename
lmao

I'm just waiting for the new graphic cards to arrive, gtx 1080 didn't impress me.

The game is great overall, but anybody who thinks the gameplay (not the combat itself since you can't really make anything better for third person that also isn't convoluted shit but the enemies and items + level system as well as structure of quests outside of main story) is anything above 'meh' is deluded, but the worst thing is that the potential is clearly visible but they had different priorities.

Fallout 4 was a total mess. Not even an RPG. Just an action adventure.....

Not surprised at all tbqh.
Fallout 4 was a legitimately bad videogame.
Don't know what they were thinking.

words you dont know the meaning of: nu-male, hipster and cinematic

>we live in a time where having a developer that acutally cares about the game they're making is so rare and strange that when it happens people dont even know how to react and just start giving it 10/10s

This is sad

Or critics thought it was a 10\10 because it's a great game. 10\10 doesn't mean perfect.

They gave it a 10/10 because it was the cool thing to do. Sort of like how Uncharted and so on got similar scores. Western reviewers just follow trends blindly.

>western reviewers

Oh I see we are dealing with a weeb.

It's not bugged, sadly it's just very tricky to get the right endgame save because the game end abruptly after the talk you have with Letho.

I kinda hate how Roche acts all butthurt if you bring Letho to Kaer Morhen. Like what the fuck nigga I understand, he killed foltest, he's not exactly the best guy ever for you, but get your shit together you were in a plan to kill another fucking king.

But I guess it makes sense. He's just the biggest fanboy Temeria ever had.

>Cred Forums suddenly hates The Witcher 3

Gotta get that hipster cred, am i rigth?

No Japanese reviewers are also trash. Famitsu is corrupt. But it's obvious that western reviewers share a consensus among each other what to praise and what to shit on. They follow each other like fish.

10/10 exactly means perfect at the time the score was given. 10/10 should be unachieveable by our standards today. 5/10 should mean mediocre, most games today would get 5/10 in my book. Witcher would probably get a 8/10 considering 2015, but 7/10 if it came out today.

>Cred Forums
It's literally 2 people.

People only played Witcher to begin with because it gave them hipster cred. Some people even managed to fool themselves into believing Witcher 1 was good somehow.

No. Critics hand out 10\10s all the time because they're way too generous. It doesn't mean perfect

>LoL has most players on the world,therefore its the best game ever

TW3 is easily the best game that came out in the last decade. Nothing even remotely better comes to mind.
It's only weak spot is the "meh" combat, but I like it - even if it's not particularly satisfying, it does its job fine. And it's completely moddable if it makes you that asshurt.

But, as far as the full package goes, nothing in this decade came close. It literally redefined a genre, the last time this happened was with Morrowind, in 2002. That's 14 years, since then developers have been clinging closely to Morrowind's definition of the open world RPG, mostly. TW3 went there and made it 10 times better, now the other developers will have to follow suit or they'll just east shit. I honestly can't play any other recent open world RPG, after playing TW3, without feeling robbed of my gameplay and story experience. It's just not enough.

>in b4 some smelly nerd brings out some obscure japfaggot game
Fuck
off

>being this retarded

then tell me, what score do you give to the theoretical perfect game.

but 10/10 actually means perfect and there is nothing else to (realistically) improve, that's why most serious reviewers of anything only give out 1-9/10 scores with 9 meaning masterpiece that has very little you can crticize

Soul series is worse than W3 if you only play general weapon warrior build, the only thing make it better than W3 is the combat magic,which is irrevelant in Borne, and even then it is a combat focused game and only slighty better than W3 in its own aspect.

Drgon dogma has better combat but the world is linear and has many empty space,its the same in Witcher 3 but at least it has better graphic to back up those empty space,and dont even let me talk about how bad the story of the game is.

No.No game can be perfect. A 10 to me simply means one of the best games ever made but not perfect.

The Ciri segments were what I actually enjoyed the most. It really hit the balance between the power of an ultra giga time lord elder blood and the frailty of a twenty-something girl.

>hope they don't shove Zoltan into the game and expect me to be all buddy buddy with him, cause I don't like his kind.
Most people don't like witchers except for dwarves and other odd beings.

That's your own subjective opinion, and can never be used objectively.

When you attempt to review a game objectively, then 10/10 means perfection. Objectively reviewing a game, means you compare it to other games of similar nature/genre from that same time period, or previous time period, taking into account that it should have improved over time.

Subjectively, you can have whatever shitty opinion you want, but it has no place in a setting for reviewing a game. That's unprofessional, and not what those gaming magazines attempt to achieve, although, they're surprisingly shitty at not forcing their subjective shitty agendas unto their reviews.

Dogma is an empty world with nothing in it and a couple decent bossfights, it's a shit game compared to tw3.

Souls series and clones are alright but they're not really open world and they only have the combat going for them. The game itself is retrograde bullshit, nowhere in the west it is acceptable to have an open world game with fixed monster spawns resetting themselves on death, and the story works only because it's barely present so you have to fill things up in your head as you go. Not even close to a fully fledged story like TW series has, and it's also a unidirectional black-and-white story, not a huge branching world made of all the grey tones of bullshit real life is made of.
Truth is, the Baron questline and the B&W DLC alone shit all over any japanese storyline ever. So let's not even talk about that.

CIRI IS BEST GIRL

>play ciri for the first time
>oh she teleports instead of rolling
>don't really notice it as much of a difference fighting the wolves
>play her for the second time
>fighting the basilisk in a 1 on 1
>oh this is actually really neat
>get to the novigrad segment and she has the aoe teleport around sleight of fist thing
boner inducing

>how WItcher 3 handles longswords
>how other games handle longswords

It wasn't even the best ARPG of 2015 or the best Witcher game.

i'm lost, in a bad way, there so much on the map to explore, it;s getting a bit tedious.will i get better gear from this or is it just fluff?

No, user. It doesn't mean perfect no matter what you say. Critics don't even use it that way. They hand out 10\10 all the time because they think it's "great"
>That's unprofessional, and not what those gaming magazines attempt to achieve
They're a joke.

most of it is fluff but it's a great way to get coin. If you absolutely something good from chests, you can savescum to get good loot.

Its the best Witcher game
Its not the best RPG of 2015 true, but its the best ARPG of 2015 or even the last 10 years

some loot is fixed and some loot is teidous
you will probably find alchemy recipes in a third of the places and the others will be meh loot that could be better or couldn't
a fifth of them will have witcher gear recipes which are good or bad depending on if it's the school you want to use or if it's not one of the superior things and you're only level 8

like the other guy said, most of it is fluff but you can make good money or find some neat little stories if you bother to read the books and shit for the hidden treasures.

I would honestly recommend just turning the question marks on the map off and exploring yourself if you want.

There is very little to actually really explore, most of the lore is in books and the only decent places with some kind of story or event are dungeons or marked places/visible things on map (not 'treasures' or just empty clearings in forests etc.) rest is just useless loot, and by useless I mean absolutely worthless because of two things: they're nothing compared to itemsets, and even if they are amazing they get scaled down to your level so unless you do them at lvl 30+ they very quickly become crap.

>not the best rpg of 2015

Fuck off, there's no better RPG that came out recently. Story wise even minor quests shit all over entire main questlines of other RPG's. Another game would have sold us Velen alone as a full game and called it a day, making Skellige a second game. Don't lie, you full know it's true.

>teidous
I meant random

Explore for quests, not for loot. Ignore the ?'s. There's plenty to see, just not a lot to loot since you really want the witcher sets and nothing else.

>tfw you end up in the Red Riding Hood reference quest thing
>tfw a small 10 minute quest leaves you with FEELS

I refuse to think that faggots like you exist on Cred Forums.

How could you cry over such a shit tier quest?

>HURR, THE BARON WAS BAD AND NOW HE FEELS BAD FOR BEING BAD

You are talking about a RPG with no build diversity and only 5 spells to use from begining to an end, also only use swords
I know it is a thing to fit the lore, but its the exact reason why Its not my best RPG of 2015

Still its the best ARPG tho

>Still its the best ARPG tho
>What is Bloodborne
>What is Dark Messiah Might of Magic
>What is Dark Souls (any one)
>What is Dragons Dogma

>>What is Bloodborne
Haven't played it :^)
>>What is Dark Messiah Might of Magic
ages
>>What is Dark Souls (any one)
overrated
>>What is Dragons Dogma
finickity

The FO4 season pass was a fucking scam, so glad I didn't get it

>A few glorified mods for settlements
>2 campaigns that have decent sized maps, but not enough quests, shit writing and little replayability

>bloodborne
>artificial build diversity
>no spell build
>worse combat than Witcher 3
>story?
>soul seires
>only magic combat is better than witcher 3
>story?
>Dark Messiah Might of Magic
>story?
>combat?
>good?
>Dragons Dogma
>empty world with no good graphic to back up
>story?

>overrated

And the Witcher 3 isn't?

>Bloodborne
>worse combat than Witcher 3

Ludwig's Holyblade has more movesets than literally very weapon in the Witcher 3 combined.

>Shitting on Dark Messiah's combat
>Soulsborne has worse combat than Witcher 3

Nice b8

>hurr durr he was bad
BUT THAT'S THE POINT DIPSHIT HE WASN'T GOOD OR BAD. HE WAS JUST A MAN.

like all of Cred Forums lost their collective shit when after launch they reached that quest. It's written better than most entire RPG's we got this gen. That quest alone is better written than the entirety of the Souls series.

Oh my god you can only use swords the world will end. Let's not talk about the characters, story, etc. The combat is lacking, everything else - everything that makes it an RPG - is amazing.

To be an RPG you don't have to play YOUR role. You're playing GERALT's role.

All games with better combat but severely lacking in the true RPG sense. Only D:D is open world and it SUCKS ASS as an open world game, that game is well regarded only because the boss fights are nice.

I really want to play this game but I'm currently saving to get a better pc, the one I'm currently using graphics card died during a playthrough of witcher 2 so I need to finished that before I start 3, I got 3 on sale with the expansion for like $40 on steam a while back can't wait to play them!

I'm trying to enjoy this game, but I never played another witcher before.

the story keeps throwing in characters I've never heard of or met before, but then the combat is so bad I'm just going from one loading screen to another to meet characters I dont care about.

why cant I enjoy this thing, everyone else seems to

Not at all.
Bloodborne is a Souls game, it's automatic trash.
Japanese gaming is simply dead.

Holy shut the defense force for this game rivals that of NMS's pre release

Not sure what diffculty most w3 shitters play on, but me on death march I need to combine signs with attack to actually kill stuffs, and that alone make it better than all Warrior build of Soulborne series

Also
>Talk about a very specific weapon for a specific build when compare two games in general
See why I say Borne is artifical build diversity ?

You're going about it wrong. You're not supposed to actually pay attention or try to understand what's going on, you're supposed to just let the hype drive you, follow the dotted line on the minimap and hold the witcher senses button.
It's an amazing game that manages to be the best game ever despite every single gameplay related mechanic being shit and the story being a giant collection of filler sidequests. It's a unique experience.

Don't even know why they are defending.
The ones attacking are just two angry Cred Forumsedditors.

>the story keeps throwing in characters I've never heard of or met before
Probably because you are playing the final chapter of an existing franchise.

An RPG to me is also about building your own character, build diversity, and MAGIC ( the sole reason I cant stand playing mount and blade)

You build your own character, and then the world of the game give you choices base on how you build

In Fallout:NV its the karma system,in Div:OS it is the charisma and reputation,in Witcher 3 they are fixed choices

And yes,it is another thing to fit the lore

All the bad things I can found in W3 are to fit the lore but then instead hurting the RPG aspect of it,thats why I say its the best ARPG,maybe the best game but not best RPG

>letting him live after he meticulously went into every single hut and killed the people inside
if you fight him it's also implied that he has done it before. Before you go
>but muh butcher of Blaviken
that was different. Geralt killed a band of bandits before they could start killing but to the bystanders it looked like he killed innocent people.

>i just picked up the return of the king. wtf are these characters, why should i care?

>image of yennefer casting magic
>character not even playable
>GOTY

I think you meant
>the scene/situation isn't even in game

>It should have operated more like a Zelda game where you just find equipment/items to increase in power

The vast majority of games would be better if they operated more like Zelda where you just find equipment/items to increase in power. That is unless exp is a strictly limited thing that can't be ground for and can only be gained by quest completion.

The only problem I have with this combat is that the monster doesn't even fight back

>awful MMO styled progression system for gear and zones which actually railroads your questing experience

I've played it for about 15 hours and I honestly find this the worst thing. It's like, well, I know when I reach level N I'll be able to use this powerful thing I already have access to, so anything I get before then is just biding time til then. The result is I have to care more about my level then my gear, giving me no reason to get excited about finding some cool thing I'll have to put away til later.

>soulsfags couldnt play on death march?

Wut? Why the fuck can I just spam quen then?

not him but i beat the game on deathmarch and it wasnt even hard due to quen

I know what to expect though. I'm not new to the Witcher franchise, so my criticism is still valid.

Ya, this. I knew a guy who was heavy into Nintendo and he preferred Fallout 4 over Fallout New Vegas simply because it was less desert brown and more concrete white

>which means they barely have any gameplay mechanics

Dude, please tell me about all these games with more variety of mechanics and interactivity than Zelda. I really want to know what they are.

I want to, but frequent fast travel followed by horrific loading times really sucks the fun out. and every time I vary the combat it just gets me killed. better off just slashing randomly 9/10

>Soul series is worse than W3 if you only play general weapon warrior build

How? Enemies have more ways of threatening you, with taking one high level enemies with low level equipment being much more interesting. Magic is actually much more braindead in it though, so I don't know why you'd bring it up. Souls is great because of how you will want to explore various places thoroughly because of the fantastic level design and that you gain unique rewards that serve distinct purposes.

>nowhere in the west it is acceptable to have an open world game with fixed monster spawns resetting themselves on death

Ok, I was about to call you out for this but...

> Not even close to a fully fledged story like TW series has, and it's also a unidirectional black-and-white story, not a huge branching world made of all the grey tones of bullshit real life is made of.

Ok, you're just not worth it. You clearly don't comprehend shit that isn't directly handed to you and make up crap to hide your ignorance.

>Witcher 1 was good somehow

From what I've played, Witcher 1 is honestly better than 3, but not for the reasons most people seems to give.

I hate that it's The Witcher 3 and not just The Witcher, I don't want to have to play the first two games just to enjoy this one.

if you read the books, you should be fine. There are also audiobooks.

never played 1 or 2 but played 3 cause phantom pains, needed new game
>this beat MGSV GOTY, huh?
played it and holy fuck, what an absolutely astounding game. No game can compare to it in terms of how well-rounded it is, everywhere. Gameplay is gr8 (don't beleive the easy mode + helicopter spin sword memeshits) has heaps of side shit so you can play if bored like fuck i could type 2 paragraphs here but i wont, what a fucken amazing game.

That's only something you can believe if you're 12 and your experience of video games is extremely limited.
It's a good game, but it's not even as good as The Witcher 1.

nice joke, everything about wither 1 apart from story is shit
>gameplay
>graphics
>world
all shit compared to 2/3

It's a boring single player MMO. No thank you.

It's a well accepted fact that The Witcher 1 was the good game, and that it got progressively worse as they dumbed it down and catered to casuals to reach a wider audience. The developers themselves said they were doing that on purpose and that it was a requirement of the industry.

Now you're talking about graphics, which only kids worry about. You're also implying that action adventure is better gameplay than proper tactical RPGs. To me it looks like you need to be reminded that you need to be at least 18 to post here.

Different guy here.

>It's a well accepted fact that The Witcher 1 was the good game

It's not, but I agree with you. Witcher 1 is a better game, mainly for the more open ended ways you solve quests. Other than that though it was never some super advanced game with patrician gameplay.

>You're also implying that action adventure is better gameplay than proper tactical RPGs.

It is. What is a "proper tactical RPG" and what makes it better than action adventures?

shitposter

In action games, whether you can defeat an enemy depends on how quickly you can react to his actions to dodge. It either ends up being a button masher if it's too easy, or a dodgeroll spamfest if you increase the difficulty.

In a game whose gameplay focuses on tactics, combat depends on whether you have prepared and equipped well, and whether you use the right skills or follow the right paradigm to match the weaknesses of the enemy.

Casuals dislike the latter, because it requires them to think, is not as easy to pick up, is not as engaging if you don't understand all of the systems involved, and is more "slow".
Experienced players prefer it precisely because of that.

>actually sitting through that gay shit

Can't really blame him, Roche pretty much considered Foltest the father he never had, since his mom was the town whore and he never met his sperm donor.

Purely combat-wise, are people seriously saying W3 did it better than Souls or Dogma? Come on.

You don't know what you're talking about.

This post is cute, cute!

Cred Forums I'm super bored and want an immersive long game and the Witcher shilling is starting to get to me. But I already fell for it with TW2 and thought that game was an overhyped 6/10 at best that I never revisited after my first playthrough. Is TW3 really worth it?

I don't understand it either? Both games are better even if purely because they give you tons more ways to get fucked up.

No, not really.

play the first witcher you bitch ass nigga. the combat is fine unless you're a casual normie

If you didn't already want to play it on release, then it's probably not your kind of game.
Go play FIFA or something.

the story is shit. It's just a rehash of the story in the books. The world is great in W1, though.

Enroll in the army then. At least then you won't shitpost on decent threads.