Videogames are a Stale market

>videogames in the last decade
>90% shooters
>mostly generic WW2 shooters

>videogames in this decade
>shitloads of generic survival early-access garbage
>still hundreds of "normal" generic shooters (people still play crossfire and combat arms)
>thousands of MOBA games
>someone somewhere decided that MOBAs and shooters could mix well together
>badly executed MOBAFPS games wave

what will be the next decade? mobafps multiplayer-only garbage for another 14 years?
im not saying arena-shooters are the future because they are clearly the past but so is CS and people still play that slow ass game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zdbyYNG_kgI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WIthout even addressing the objectively wrong points in that photo, most of the shooters in the last 10 years, have not been world war 2 themed.

You sound like someone who's not old enough to have a feel for how the industry's cycles work.

Publishers are retarded, and generally demand that games be a clone of the last game that sold very well, at a point you must shove elements of the successful game on your game if its another genre.

>whaa gaming doesn't evolve
>HAHAH VR IS JUST A MEME

Suit yourself.

VR is not just a meme, its the next step in the GRAPHICS meme that been ruining games for far too long.

>thinks arena shooters weren't generic and over saturated

By "past decade" I assume he meant something like 2000-2010 and "this decade" probably means like 2010-2020. Not saying I agree with him, but I think you might be misinterpreting what he means.

But VR IS a meme.

theres literally nothing wrong with the picture i posted, its completely subjective and doesnt represent real genres but visual and gameplay styles
i might have exagerated a bit about WW2 shooters but there were a fuckload of them, and still new ones coming everynow and then.

its kind of annoying that people wont even try certain games if they are not familiar to them, aka not using realistic enviroments and weapons OR not appealing to a mobashit casualized fanbase

I think the moba shit is going to have come and gone by next year, at least in terms of forcing it on consoles.

I think what's tripping up the industry right now is platform stagnation. Hopefully more devs just jump ship to PC.

its not that bad
i like flight and driving sims and i could see myself buying a VR device in the future since its extremelly easy to implement in those kinds of games.
or i could just buy headtracking wich has been around for years

>most of the scenery is still based in RL

What do you want, walls made of THE FUTURE?

>what is NPR rendering

Why don't you make your own hit game that has all the qualifications you desire?

Oh yeah it's easier to bitch about others people work than work on your own.

Hey at least youre saving money.

the big problem for both fans and industry is that so much of the mediums profit is tied up in churning out sequels for long established franchises, yes exceptions do occur but with development costs rising it seems the games industry is caught in a catch 22

ultimately its up to gamers to vote with their wallets to drive change...

Why is Beat in the TF2 cocksucking panel

Some people like where their franchises are and what they're releasing. It's like asking animefans to demand Kyoani and Shaft animate depressing documentaries about deformed and disabled people in Japan.

remember to not support rockstar and their aggressive attitude towards GTA V modders
>make awfully unbalanced "open world" p2p multiplayer where you play as generic thug #45623 doing generic GTA criminal missions only
>make sure nobody is able to create private servers with different gameplay modes like Cops & robbers
there was more people playing SAMP than GTA V according to steamdb last time i checked.
SAMP, an over 10 year old mod of a game with 2001 graphics.
and in many aspects its more fun

lol what are you 5?

There are big issues with the current market, genres (fps/mobas/survival) currently that are being fucking bombarded to death with games. And most of em have a bigger marketing budget than they had for development.

one of the most succesfull IPs we had this decade, Demons Souls. I was fucking pumped playing that. it felt fresh, it felt good. What do they do? Just make 4 fucking sequals.

And we're to blame somewhere, since in the end we all decide with our wallets. Just like i'm gonna pick up CoD and BF1 this year, with some shame. But atleast gonna wait a month after release since that hurts them somewhat and fuck buying multiplayer games day 1 and struggling with server issues

Because nobody would publish it.

BF1 is extremelly unrealistic but i liked the bullet drop mechanics, and it runs like a charm even in older hardware if you just enable DX12
call of duty in the other hand...
baka famalam, there is more fish in the ocean if thats your kind of game
>gonna wait a month after release
thats just common sense
nowadays "release date" is just the start of unnofficial beta testing and bug fixing, wich can last a few months
youtube.com/watch?v=zdbyYNG_kgI

yeah i know both games got big issues.
but considering this is going to be my first BF game and my first CoD game since 4, i thought it was time for some mainstream shit that i just could play if i had a hour to spare or so.

Worse part is, i'm not even exactly excited for these games. I still know exactly what I will get and how much I will enjoy them.

good hopes for horizon zero dawn though, that looks good and right up my alley. think i'll get it in the first week of release.