What are your thoughts about Battlefield 1?

What are your thoughts about Battlefield 1?
Do I pick it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ErgBk5TR6eo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you are /k/ yes.
If you are /his/ no.

Its a the FPS genre, then sure
If not, then you pass up on it

/k/ here
it's the worst game I've ever played

/k/ here, it's GOTY for me tbqh.

>not getting off on all the cool shit of the early 20th century.
Tacticools need not apply.

The weapon handling animations seem really "choppy", for lack of a better term. A big loss compared to the smoother animations what we've seen in previous Battlefield games.
Additionally, the game itself isn't very much fun.

gameplay is shit, it's more braindead than black ops 3

Gameplay has been shit in Cowadooty and Battlefield since COD3 and Bad Company 1 respectively.

Its called a beta you dumb fuck

You can't be serious.

Battlefield one felt like a new low in fun
Obviously a marketing beta
did you see bf4?

>choppy
You played a beta, not the full game.
>isn't very much fun
You played one map and two game modes, not the full game.

>only big shooter to lack an AR type weapon
>no gun that's good at all ranges
>not another future war mishmash with hocus pocus stuff that's never going to exist.

Sure the higher velocity of everything is anti-fun but otherwise it's been great.

Military shooters are the lowest point in fun in videogames.
How long have you been in here?

Not to mention that no Battlefield since BC1 was fun, so you can't even compare.
They are simply not fun.

BF1 is just a cheap reskin of the previous game, just like Infinite Warfare is a reskin of Black Ops 3.

The fact that you are surprised at all by this is weird.
As if people here expected EA to deliver anything but this.

the gameplay is the same as BF4, crap
open fields where snipers rape everything
and cqc where anti tank players get their shit pushed in repeatedly until they take out the tanks
no room for anything else

I knew it would be shit, but nothing has ever pained me so much to play, the shitiness is shocking

Why?

Gotta love how desperate Cred Forums is to hate this game as hard as they can.
It's so amusing, look at this
>nothing has ever pained me so much to play, the shitiness is shocking

The only place where i've seen someone speak so melodramatically are in those cringeworthy MGSV hate threads.

/k/ here as well.
Hated it. Made me go buy battlefield 4 off some site for dirt cheap.
Used to kick ass at 3 with some buddies on Xbox, but none of us pay for that shit anymore.

4 is okay. Just mad they took out my raifu G3. As well as some other changes. Really did like a lot of the maps in 3 too.

So, because BF1 was shit, you bought another piece of shit?

>4 is okay
Kill yourself, this franchise has been irredemable crap since Bad Company 2.
This just proves that being from /k/ means nothing since you still buy terrible games.

>This just proves that being from /k/ means nothing
When did it mean anything?
They are just neckbeards with guns, Cred Forums is only about videogames, yet most people here unironically play Dark Souls.

Not to mention the presence of unironical Battlefield threads like this one.

It felt as if the life was being drained out of me, I tried everything I could to make it fun. There was nothing to enjoy. I don't need to be desperate to hate it to feel this way about it, I was desperate to like it at first.

>the gameplay is the same as BF4, crap
Oh not this again.

>No ARs meaning no weapon that's decent at all ranges.
>LMGs have high recoil and spread for the first shots then get steadily more accurate, so you can't use them like some high capacity assault rifle.
>They also overheat in around 25-30 shots
>Self-loading rifles are wildly inaccurate when fired rapidly.
>Scout/recon is relevant, and their weapons have unique ranges for max effectiveness
>same as BF4

The repeating rifles were overpowered because everyone would have been butthurt over them not being any good.
But tanks are getting a reduction on rush, light tank is getting nerfed and we'll see if the velocity of the bolt actions go down.

>It felt as if the life was being drained out of me

You need to get cancer to put things into perspective.

>I was desperate to like it at first.
Fucking why, it's a goddamn Battlefield game, it's shit you fucking casual.
Are you also going to buy Watch Dogs 2 and try to ''desperately like it''?

jokes on you I got breast cancer 10 years ago and I'm fine

no, a friend of mine wanted to play it with me

Stop listening to casuals regarding videogames.

Well when battlefield 3,4,1, and bad co released, they were all shit.
Over time they at least became manageable.
Why buy the newest pile of shit for 80 Cad+ expansions, when I can buy an older game for 10 bucks(though, without most expansions) that is sorta decent?

Also, the WWI part was fun, they just got this weird area where it wasn't really WWI, and it wasn't far enough away from it to be a good fantasy/alternate reality. It was a weird place in the middle, and wasnt actually that fun to me.

Do you have 0 friends?

The beta was more boring than Battlefronts.

I returned it the deluxe edition or whatever and bought a dakimakura

Also, I did say four is okay.
Not great, not bad, not even good.
Just okay.

>Over time they at least became manageable.
No, they didn't, they just fixed the bugs.

>Why buy the newest pile of shit for 80 Cad+ expansions, when I can buy an older game for 10 bucks(though, without most expansions) that is sorta decent?
How about you buy good videogames instead?

>the WWI part was fun
How?

That's kind of making the games manageable.

And what other first person shooters have my glorious AUG, P90, F2000, AN94, FAMAS, .44, .357, Five seveN, SKS, L85A2, L86A2, and other such guns I love?
Did you even read, bro?

SAME battlefield garbage over and over.
spring for 5min die from a random vehicle.

If your opinion on making a game work is no bugs then no wonder you like BF4.

>and other such guns I love?
Those guns?
They are in many games, and much better ones too.
If you stopped your search in one of the two biggest FPS franchises, then I don't know what to say.

>Did you even read, bro?
What's there to read?
You unironically play Battlefield 4, your have nothing of value to say.

So what game does have all those guns? As well as vehicles?

So, you want a game with very specific guns and vehicles?

Even if the only game there is available is the horrible, horrible crap that Battelfield 4 is?

You are willing to put up with a legitimately bad videogame just because it has guns you like?

Fuck off EA shill.

Lol if you disagree with me ur a shill xD. Fuck off fag

Someone wants the opinion from someone from /k/. A board for people who's interest is guns.

And this is how you think? Can you even into logic?

And someone from /k/ is satisfied with the mere presence of specific guns he likes?

Don't know why anyone would consider your opinion for anything then.

Still superior

And still a snoozefest, so I hope devs just focus on WWII if they want to go historical.
Or even better, the Cold War.
Black Ops's setting was really interesting, and they squandered it by only making one game.

The air combat looks really good and as a jet whore thats more than enough for me to buy the game

youtube.com/watch?v=ErgBk5TR6eo

I just really wish it's populated

Didnt enjoy it. It felt so vapid and pandered too much to run n' gun killstreak shitters. Plus a lot of little nit picky shit like god damn DICE why do they have such a hard on for putting a countries flags on the guns?

It was very pretty though. No denying that

Don't really care, it seems fine, less of a clusterfuck compared to 4 but not really interested and it doesn't run well on my pc, quite happy with revived bf2/2142 anyway.

not this dead game again

>buy bad company 2 on steam because of the sale
>I know it's not that active but I saw screens that said it at least had a page or so of active servers
>Go to server browser to join match
>see pic related

So uh, what's up with that? I it because I hit "no" on the punkbuster liscense agreement before the game started?

Hit the search button

thanks, sorry i'm such an idiot

Played the beta, surpringly fun.

It's dumb and mindless as fuck but it works at being the dumb mindless "cinematic" shit EA's been trying to force battlefield into for the past decade.

Maybe it's just that I've been a while since I've played a generic shitty shooter, but it was better than the little bits of BF4 or the newer cod's I played. Just don't expect the game to actually be WW1 at all.