Trails of Cold Steel thread

So how's it going, Cred Forums? Anyone still making their way through one of the Trails games? Have you picked up any of the DLC that just came out?

Also post your favorite tracks off the OST. You won't be able to beat this one, though:

youtube.com/watch?v=qVi1YZmCaAA

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/773599691942531073
youtube.com/watch?v=QWDB_JPYNOg
youtube.com/watch?v=wHSe9goesEk
kotaku.com/trails-in-the-sky-the-3rd-is-actually-coming-west-1764321454
youtube.com/watch?v=5ok9bzDzaS0
youtube.com/watch?v=L2OBpsUK5PU
youtube.com/watch?v=NK_tOea259I&feature=youtu.be&t=2m5s
sonicmega.tumblr.com/post/150624344791/
youtube.com/watch?v=8i2doN33__8
youtube.com/watch?v=jsfGVHAqwMc
youtube.com/watch?v=_VjA3y87qMg
youtube.com/watch?v=STrxtBHjgzE
youtube.com/watch?v=gh2WsHnl9GU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have 40 burgers on my PSN and I want to buy CS2 but apparently Digimon Cyber Slut is on sale.

>still have to wait 1 1/2 months for it to release in europe
What the fuck NISA? You aren't even adding any languages. Why is it taking so long?

I don't know anything about digimon, but I highly doubt you're going to get a 60+-hour long epic adventure out of it.

Man, I really feel your pain on that one. I couldn't imagine having to wait another month+ for this game. I had it beaten within the first week, and damn was it good.

I consider CS2 to be right up there with TiTS Second Chapter. It's that good.

What game exactly is OP's pic? Is it on Steam?

It's Trails of Cold Steel 2. it's only on PS3 and Vita, not PC.

>Brainless bimbo wearing best girl outfit

That's literally what it's called? With Cold Steel I thought it was a meme name. Thanks though, wish I had my old PS3 still.

yep, that's literally what it's called. There's Trails of Cold Steel, then Trails of Cold Steel 2, and Trails of Cold Steel 3 is in development in Japan right now.

The name is kinda memey, but it's a pretty damn good turn-based JRPG. The combat mechanics are some of the best you're going to find in ANY turn-based RPG, and I say that as someone who plays them exclusively and grew up with them

I'm taking a break, I got a little burned out considering I did two playthroughs. I'll get back to plat it soon

Is the platinum trophy as easy as CS1?

>this twist is hidden away in new game+
>Most people who play the game will never see this scene
be warned, spoilers

I played the first game in series for about 2-3 hours and just don't feel like continuing.

No, but the previous games in the series (Trails in the Sky and Trails in the Sky SC) are on PC. The third game will also be out on PC eventually.

The Sky games are probably better if you don't mind reading, anyhow. CS is good too though.

II assume you're talking about Trails in the Sky. That game is a slow start, and is difficult for some people if they don't like reading. Plus the combat isn't that great. Cold Steel is a huge improvement in terms of being fun to play, but there's really no point to getting yourself invested in the Trails storyline if you don't intend to finish the Sky games.

I was surprised, but I always thought she got a surprising amount of characterization for an NPC

It's about the same. Though you absolutely have to do 2 playthroughs to do since some of the trophies are for NG+ exclusive content, such as

You can tell he's important cause he had both a first and last name.

I liked the scene because it shows loud and clear that the story in Erebonia is really just getting started. Cold Steel 1 and 2 were great games, but they didn't resolve anything in terms of the sep-terrions. The third game should be pretty wild I think.

Slowly making progress in the Infernal Castle. I really like the bgm.

Duvalie is a very cute and serious girl. Please, do not bully her.

>Slowly making progress in the Infernal Castle
Wait until you get to the 17-floor final dungeon.

Is her name Dunovalie? No? Okay.

Laura pls

I wanted to strangle her in the japanese version.
That fucking voice.

then he goes full fire autism

Bump

I imported the US version of ToCS, so I did the same for the sequel since I can only import an american save to the american version of the sequel

We really get screwed over here in the EU with games like these, huh

I expected half his lines in the game to be fire puns but it looks like Xseed did not do it.

Slowly making my way through the first game. It's really brought back my love for JRPGs, I've been burnt out too long. The quartz system is about as close as I've seen a game come to FF7s materia system and I love it.

Also, please tell me I'm correct in assuming Emma is the best girl, because it sure seems that way, even despite the fujo trying to corrupt her.

I think emma is shit tier, but there are plenty of people who disagree. My favorites are Alisa, Fie, and Laura.

maybe

>tfw when every boss in that dungeon didn't a chance to attack except divine knight battles

Falcom should learn to balance s crafts.

I did the same. There was no way I could have waited these extra months. Dont regret my decision one bit.

She is already corrupted by the fujo. Like many others

If that fails, there's always Lean bean mean Rean delay machine to make sure they'll never act

>Playing Cold Steel 1
>Plugging along at a brisk pace, getting in 5+ hours per day even on days I have work, getting invested in the world and characters, having a good time
>Get to the school festival at/near the end
>Suddenly lose all drive to play and haven't touched it for days

That festival can really drag. Just consult a guide for necessary actions if you're interested in completeness. Spam tickets on Crow or something. It doesn't take that long to get to the business end if you power through it.

I haven't been following guides or going for completion or rank or anything, so half of me just wants to ignore all the sidequests and NPC dialogue and burn through my tickets without any thought and just get to the end already.

But the other half of me finds the very notion unthinkable.

>yfw he actually opened his eyes

Well, if you don't care too much about getting everything, I'd just focus on the tickets. All the other shit at the festival is too involved with the npcs moving around at different times of day and hidden tasks popping up. Once you get past that you can enjoy the nice dungeon.

She's actually one of the least developed in terms of character in the series, so she's pretty low in my ranking in Sen. She acts more as a "mystery" character. only there for foreshadowing and other plot build up
Though I expect this would change when 3 hits.

We'll probably get a lot of development overall in CS3, since everyone went their own way there has to be some payoff for that on a personal growth basis, especially when the Erebonia arc is going into some more fantasy high level rather than the political stuff of 1 and most of 2.

Falcom already said that they've finished the new models for Rean and the others, so we'll probably have everyone from CS2 and maybe Sora and Ao characters, so the game itself will probably the biggest in both gameplay and story scale so far.

I fucking knew it.

I kept on wondering why out of all the NPCs, she's has at least a little more than characterization. Also, she's the only girl NPC that Rean actually has a crush on, or ever lust, whatever.

>keep pronouncing Rean "Reh-an" like it's a nip name
Send help guys

final dungeon, rean at 125. think he'll hit 140 or so by the end?

dont wanna finish the game until all the pom pom's come out.

pretty fun, been using gfaqs to max on play.

aight game.

Please Aidios have Estelle and Joshua appear in Cold Steel 3.

>put the contact lenses on Emma
>finally get rid of those glasses
Awww yeah. Now please tell me there's an accessory that unbraids her hair.
I cared so little for Emma during CS1 hut I want to use her in my main party in CS2 because she's such an overpowered monster with Toval's accessory. I just don't like the glasses and the hair. She was definitely best girl at the school festival though. Just let your haird down Emma, please!

Fuck me, why didn't I read the fucking post ffs.

fat

Jesus some of these dub VAs
>Laura sounds like her mouth is stuffed
>Alisa occasionally breaks character and slips in a little valley guuuuuurl

The dub is fine.

I just finished the finale.

Oh my fucking god. I thought this was the end. IT ISN'T?

Now I get to control Lloyd and Rixia and I don't have fucking quartz?

SHIT.

I didnt have any problem with the dub, except Millium being too fucking hyper in CS1. And that got toned down in CS2

>Laura sounds like her mouth is stuffed
In CS1 she sounded like she was fighting a cold half the time in the early game, but she improved greatly for CS2.

Towa

Braids and glasses are just a class representative thing. Sorry.

Honestly I like Rean so much I can't swap to undub, JP Rean sounds odd.

>Glasses wearing helpful NPC
>not suspicious as fuck

t. Professor Alba
t. Joachim Gunther
t. Ian Grimwood

For some reason she reminds me from Duvalie. Same eye colour?

>tfw realizing that worst girl in cold steel is in lacrosse club too, fie literally being like kei and laura is meiya

Probably just cliched character types, but I play these types of games very rarely.

>YFW Celine becomes a fujo

Only Millium was questionable in CS1.

In CS2 her voice was toned down to the point that when I first heard her talk a lot, I suddenly thought, "Is she okay?".

Yeah their voices are actually good, they just need to get a bit more comfortable in their role.

Alisa's voice is pretty shit.

Just finished the game last night, I knew about the Crossbell section what I didn't expect was the 16 floor epilogue dungeon with the copy pasted bosses that is just there to farm Quartz and use all the guest characters.

Nah. She's fine.

For me Laura is more about the O's.

>... this is no Ordinary foe.

The rest of her lines are nice though.

I wouldn't put it past them, but I'm betting more on Crossbell characters for the party.

They did say Sora characters would show up, but I hope it isn't some Arianhod level bull like in CS1.

Rean's dub VA is weirdly uneven imo, at times he sounds like any phoned in anime VA and next he shits out a couple lines that sound so convincing it could be straight from real life.

Fuck, everyone knew that the professor was hiding his power level but i didn't expected that.

twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/773599691942531073

Do I need to play the first one?

No fucking shit. What kind of question is that.

You won't miss out on a lot by not playing it.

Watch how is just Schera drinking with Claire and Kloe discussing thinks with Olivert

Things* stupid autocorrect.

Why do people always ask shit like this?

I really want to see Olivert relaxing with his old buddies.

>Sora characters will make reappearances
Turns out it's some filler shit like the bland redhead from Anelace's crew or fucking Dorothy.

Don't be dissing Anton

This is your cast for CS3

I see that team tiny recruited some new members.

>Zero/Ao never

>Game has a tomboy with a sense of justice that struggles with housework/ cooking and prefers doing boy stuff and wearing practical clothes
>The girly one that wears fancy, cutesy clothes one gets the Estelle outfit instead

Fucking Falcom.

>cold steel 3 will be amazing guys!!
Well it better fucking be, after two full length games of build up.

The civil war felt quite weak to me, it didn't help they kept making the west sound like more of a battle zone.

Laura isn't canon user.

>practical clothes
Have you seen Laura's casual clothes? They're far from boyish or practical.

The festival can be rushed in like 15 minutes, if you want to make it amusing go drag Jusis on the dates and dance with him.

Bullying Jusis is always fun.

Holy mama in what fucking world is Laura a tomboy?

>Select Elliot for the final event
>Don't get to smash his boybussy

Whoever made the Divertissement dungeon suddenly not straightforward should shoot themselves.

They should have done this in the real chapters. Not here.

The entire first game is a set up to the second game, yes.

Well, sword autism, close enough.

Elliot is for eggs and headpats, do not lewd the Elliot.

She leaves in the ending.

>Tfw games of MUH FRIENDSHIP
>Everyone fucking ditches Rean in the end

Poor Rean.

This is all part of Best Dad's plan though. Without being held back by shit like friendship and love, Rean can soon become Emperor Rean Osbourne Dreichels "Cold Steel" Schwarzer and make Erebonia great again.

But seriously "ogre power"?
Couldn't they just embrace the edge and called it "demon powers" like with Mcburn?

>Emperor Rean Osbourne Dreichels "Cold Steel Delayer" Schwarzer

I'm a bit behind the times so I only started playing the first one.

It's Bleublanc. What did you expect from him?

Only Bleublanc actually refers it to as such. And ogre is pretty much a synonym to a demon in the context.

>Rean "Delay All Day Every Day" Schwarzer
>Rean "Rebel Against Crossbell" Schwarzer
>Rean "Blood and Iron" Schwarzer

Not Rean "Delay them until they do nothing and they bite the Cold Steel" Schwarzer.

Oni aren't demons though

Only playing 1 but is it normal to not really care about Emma/Machias in comparison to everyone else?

Near the end of Chapter 3.

Nah, I didn't really care for half of class VII either. The game is really uneven in its development for characters. It's even worse in the second one.

So far it seems like if you don't like Rean/Alisa/Jusis then you'll hate the game on a whole.

Gaius is a literally who, Emma's only interesting thing is her magic hax quirk and Machias is an ass.

what are odds of Coldsteel games being relased on steam?

>Laura
>Meiya
>Tsubasa
What is it with ponytails and swords and dignified blue-haired girls?

Yes.

Why fix what works and makes best girls?

So at least the 18 from CS2 and Sora and Ao/Zero characters?

Now all I need is confirmation on actual playable characters.

So reading the Black Book, what's the deal with the Knights? Where the two great beings mentioned in them basically super-god mechs that used the Sep-Terrions, and the Knights are basically mass-produced version of them that draw power from them to fight?

Does that make the Soldats copies of a copy?

Tita and KeA are the only actual kids there.

The others are all jaded killers.

Is there a more intimidating person in the series? No amount of battle strength can penetrate this person.

It's like suikodens backstory if you ever played it.The two great beings are the sept-terrion. They fight and KO each other and the 7 Divine knights are born from that

>Tita
>not a jaded killer by 3rd

I kinda get that, but the implication was that the Divine Knights are basically the mass-produced version of the Big Mechs that use the Sept-terrions (basically thing Loa Erre that you fight at the end of CS1 but actually strong and cool), and draw their power from them. Well that's actually cool, and I hope it means that we will get to fight those giant mechs at the end of the next CS game.

Also, it probably means that at the end Valimar will lose it's power and Alisa will fix it.

What exactly changes in CS2 if you import a perfect CS1 file?
I fucked up and lost my save so I'll have to play CS2 without any completed save.

>YFW you visit Baron Schwarzer in Ymir on 12/31 in NG+

There is something that character will do in order to give his family a chance

>What exactly changes in CS2 if you import a perfect CS1 file?
You get a bunch of free shit.

>Rank A1: Silver Medal accessory (HP+500, EP+50)
>Rank A0: Golden Medal accessory (can't be obtained otherwise, HP+1000, EP+100, STR, DEF, ATS and ADF+10)

>Rean's level is 69 or lower: 100 of each sepith except mass, Attack 1, Zeram Powder
>Rean's level is 70-79: 300 of each sepith except mass, Attack 1, Soul Blur, Zeram Powder
>Rean's level is 80 or higher: 500 of each sepith except mass, Attack 1, Soul Blur, Saintly Force, Zeram Powder x2

You also get some extra scenes with whoever you chose to dance with in CS1, and some of the NPCs remember you.

>You also get some extra scenes with whoever you chose to dance with in CS1
No only the one you chose to dance, you get scenes with everyone that was available to dance in your save. That's why some people are getting the Alisa scene even if the didn't dance with her.

Noble confidants are great.

This better end in buttsex.

If you skip the concert quest n Celdic, does the unconscious people stay unconscious?

I don't know who is Duvalie's VA, but she deserves a raise.

At least Laura has better chances of getting a good ending compared to that one.

Eden Riegel, who's Isabeau (SMTIV), Erina (God Eater), Miki (Star Ocean 5), and Diana (Zero Time Dilemma).

Can anyone tell me who Instructor Thomas's VA is? I'm pretty sure he also did Haru from God Eater 2 Rage Burst, and his delivery was perfect.

Well, if CS does one thing well in the romance department is that only Alisa has feelings for Rean by default with no bonding events, so you can just not pick your favorite girl at the end and she doesn't have to go through anything of the sort.

>who's Isabeau (SMTIV)
Okay, that's why I kept hearing her now that I'm playing Apocalypse.

Just finished CS2, oh god the feels.

At least the wait won't be a decade long experience again, one can hope. Playing the first trails game on the psp without knowing it had a sequel or anything, oh jesus.

Anyone able to summarize the black record books? Or link a vid to the bonus scene only on second plythrough? It's going to be awhile before I sink another 80 hours into this game, gotta let the feels settle.

youtube.com/watch?v=QWDB_JPYNOg

Estelle is still best girl in the entire series.

Dont suppose this scene is somewhere in english? I don't want to go through NG+ just for this

You are a saint.

I wish I were Rixia

Gonna do my ng+ run, anything I should try to not miss when I blast through it. Ill try to remember about the black record and ice dungeon.
I also missed like 3 monsters in my first playthrough so I need to recruit stefan to get his quartz afterward.

>Diana
That was incidentally the best english va in that game too

>I don't know anything about digimon

Well then maybe you should shut the fuck up, weeb scum.

It's way longer than 60 hours if you want to collect all the Digimon/evolve badass endgame monsters.

Who's that cutie on the left?

Oh boy

>Just starting CS1
>Realize I'm going to need to NG+ before moving to CS2 to not miss out on all this

The level carryover stuff seems useless, but I hate missing extra dialogue and story scenes.

Why is Laura so perfect?

best girl

So... largest scale Ouroboros operation for CS3 confirmed? Oh my.

She's the noble confidant with not blind sword autism.

Sword autism.

the sheer length of the game + highscool harem antics is turning me away from this game

>>So... largest scale Ouroboros operation for CS3 confirmed? Oh my.
Well it's two treasures, they have to get serious for the price.

I was genuinely shocked at all the serious scenes in this game because the VAs actually gave a shit and tried to ACT, something that I've rarely ever seen happen in these anime game dubs.

The scene after the epilogue boss is just plain heartbreaking to listen to.

Without any proxies, I'm just curious how they'll play this.

We already have McBurn, Bleublanc and Duvalie in the field. This is also the best possible moment for Arianhod to make a proper appearance, if don't dont bring her out now, I don't think they ever will.

More importantly Osbourne is gunning for them. He probably wants the time one, the fire one is just a bonus.

When the fuck do I get Rean's, Laura's, and Emma's second S-craft? They're all over level 100 already.

Rean is story dependent, finale.
Laura is level 105.
Emma is story dependent, last shrine boss.

Rean and Emma are story events. Level 114 or something close to that for Laura

Arianhod will appear for sure, she has the whole Lance Maiden thing.

Laura is 105, the rest is story.

That's not Renne

How many layers of mixed are you on?

>Arianhod will appear for sure, she has the whole Lance Maiden thing.
>Legram, Lohengrin, Valimar, flashbacks, Duvalie, Laura and Victor.

C'mon Falcom, do right by me.

I really hope we get an Arianhod and Duvalie vs Victor and Laura.

Arianhod is probably assured considering she probably has the Legram mech with her, and she might be the Old Emeperor's Noble Confidant or not. So she probably will be the star of CS3, and totally kick Rean's ass and then head pat him.

Still, they probably will bring in some of the old enforcers, and maybe introduce a few ones, and I bet that the Maid will finally fight alongside the Society this time, and will be a boss.

I do wonder if he really wants to time travel, time being in Errebonia actually makes me feel like the silly McBurn is future Rean theory might have some basis.

This would be my favorite Trails boss fight, but unless we get a two year timeskip, Laura isn't enough to take Duvalie on (and even so) and Victor couldn't beat Arianhod unless she was holding back on account of them being Arseids.

>Maid will finally fight alongside the Society this time, and will be a boss.
Not unless she's forced to, and even so it will probably be a welcome-to-the-party fight.

>unless she was holding back
She's Ouroboros, it's in her blood.

ALL OF ME

guys, what if, by some chance McBurn is Osbourne

I stopped playing cause the final dungeon was so fucking long. I'll finish it later. Kinda feel burnt out after playing it for so long

>Osbourne gets both time and fire
>goes back in time
>new Rean is born with a combination of time and fire, turns into McBurn
>this also explains Reans slot elements

It all makes sense now.

Same here. I played non-stop for three days. I'm right in front of the elevator now which leads to the Crow/Vita fight, but I have almost zero motivation of continuing.

You know, it is suspicious how Rean's main element is time and his sub element is fire.

Makes about as much sense as Laura's main element being water. Is it because of Legram? Is it just to limit her (HA!)?

So what, Rean is the result of time travel? Guys, that's crazy.

So Vita was banging Crow, right?

This "McBurn is future Rean" shit is so stupid it passed being funny and looped back into being retarded again.

just got to legram, who could this peculiar girl be?

A prime target for bullying

Shhh, she is carrying out an undercover operation to beat her rivals!

Lighten up, it's just something absolutely no one takes seriously.

She wishes. Best girl Crow only has eyes for Rean.

Oh shit, totally missed that. Even her default expression is being angry.

What's her dialogue? Dissing the Arseids?

Exactly.

None other than the original edgelord himself.

Why's Duvalie so assblasted over the Arseids anyways?

Probably because Arianhod loves the Arseids. It's fangirl jealousy.

Thought she was a food restaurant reviewer. was looking for her in every restaurant inn afterward.

I would get digimon now and wait for CS2 to eventually go on sale.

My bet is that Arianhod still considers the Arseids her right hand, or that the name Eisenritter belongs to them, and Duvalie is stuck commanding an inferior force and being her captain without feeling like her right hand.

There aren't a ton of games worth buying twice, but I'll definitely be doing so with this series as long as they offer both home and portable versions.

Based user.

that stag on the right is the schwarzer's family shield right? is there a collection of shields somewhere?

I own four copies of CS1 and 2 copies of CS2.
No regrets.

Anyone who supports XSeed's Trail related efforts is ok in my book.

I have both digital and physical CS1s and plan to do the same with CS2.

>young but already skilled enough to be an Enforcer
>right hand of the legendary Lance Maiden
>having to spend all time listening to the person you worship talk about the good old days with Dreichels and the Arseids
>the Arseid closest to your age is weaker than you

>Get one-shot by Laura's S-craft
>Weaker

>Comparing in-battle powers with plot powers

I like supporting XSeed in general; did the same with Estival Versus.

Masterpiece-tier JRPG's and spectacularly-animated anime tits are two things this world needs more of.

The artwork in the collector's edition of CS1 had them.

With the damage Laura can cause she'd be stronger than most characters, if that counted.
Story wise, you need a party to take on people on that level and barely make it.

Hell, if Laura's S-Craft damage and quartz setup counted, then by the time of CS3 she'd be stronger than McBurn.

You know why? Because it was group B that went to those places during their field studies. Places that were previously touched by the second coming of Dreichels have been blessed and spared from most atrocities.

Keep doing gods work son.

That's what CS3 is for, upping the stakes.

>>>having to spend all time listening to the person you worship talk about the good old days with Dreichels and the Arseids
Then shouldn't she be picking fights with Rean and Valimar, Rean is basically Dreichels' heir in all things that count.

But Duvalie to Arianhod what the Arseid General was to Lianne. Or at least she should be but doesn't feel like that, which is why she has an inferiority complex.

Party member in CS3 when? I need more badass nuns.

Nun Angie dragon kicking shit to death was too much fun

Still playing Trails in the Sky SC
Estelle is the best

Do I need to play the first to pick up the sequel? I want a fun RPG game while I wait for Pokemon and EOV, which seems to be overshadowed by some Disgaea looking game.

It was never even a competition. I hope we see her again soon.

Yes. The second game follows one month after the first, and follows the plot thread from it.

see the replies to this

>Joshua gets to tap this every day

It's just not fair.

>edgelord

I guess he's responsible for being brainwashed eh?

Thank you. I'll get both eventually. Still have hopes Vita has a gem or a good EO replacement

machias with glasses or no glasses?

You'd be fucking yourself out of an amazing story experience if you didn't, considering the climax of the first essentially serves as the prologue of the second

damn estelle can be sexy sometimes

This and Persona 5 trigger me hard cause I'm a PC plebeian. Fucking 3rd class citizens when it comes to JRPG's, forever and ever.

Machias with.

Emma without.

What if Jusis with glasses?

A friend is playing through Nightmare difficulty of CS2 and he says the balance is right off the fucking window. He can kill optional bosses before they take a turn and shit.

Why is Falcom can't into balancing a game?

games are balanced for casuals, not min-maxing autists

It's a power fantasy. It's a what if Falcom combined Majikoi, Code Geass and Muv-Luv.

We said casuals not braintarded. And it's on Nightmare, if a casual gets wrecked on Nightmare then it's working as intended.

He even gets a qt daughteru in addition to having a perfect waifu.

How has no one posted Silver Will yet? Best song by a mile.
youtube.com/watch?v=wHSe9goesEk

Are the pictures fanart or from the remake?

I heard that women get headpat in this game frequently

Is this correct?

Those are illustrations from the Vita version.

Indeed. It's all very lewd.

It's really sad that TITS is treated as bad because "generic storyline" and "turn-based combat". SC didn't sold much on Steam, so enjoy getting TC in 2045.

Slim to none, XSEED has said flat out that they strictly localize these games, they don't do any porting. If Falcom puts out a PC version there's hope but otherwise don't count on it

>SC didn't sold much on Steam, so enjoy getting TC in 2045.

The 3rd? It's coming out next year.

I'll need sauce for that.

I know, I know Kotaku, but still.

kotaku.com/trails-in-the-sky-the-3rd-is-actually-coming-west-1764321454

Can't fool me twice after Winter 2012.

I wonder if they got two different artists for the evo remakes. Sometimes the art looks detailed as fuck and other times it looks like amateur work.

Rejoice dude, it's actually true. They are aiming for a Spring release, irrc.

>the 3rd
no portable no buy.

nsfw warning

Imo Cold Steel OST technically kicks Sky OSTs ass, but Sora OST is tied to more memorable scenes which gives some particular tracks such an emotional value Cold Steel tracks can't compare.

I cant wait for 3rd to sell only a tenth of what SC did just like SC only sold a tenth of FC

I'm really not a fan of the in-game Estelle in the Evo remakes. She looks a lot younger than in the original games.

Well, there's nothing after 3rd, Cold Steel sold well so we'll probably getting CS3, and we weren't going to get Zero/Ao anyway, so it doesn't change anything.

Should've just gotten the guy they have on Cold Steel. The 2D art in Cold Steel is really great, while Sora evo is just... below average, I'd say.

>Giving worst Trails girl ever a superior Trails girl's outfit
I'm mad.

It's the softer more modern art-style, it just looks out of place with someone like Estelle.

I swear you fucks better not have pirated CS2 so hard that XSEED stops bringing this series over. Go ahead and do it for shit like Senran but not Trails.

I wonder why they take the soft approach. Characters like Momoyo in Majikoi become almost unrecognizable when the author started to settle on that style.

I've seen doujin games with comparable art to sora evo, what the fuck falcom?

While I like the updated art style for her, the original just has this unique charm to it.

>and we weren't going to get Zero/Ao anyway

This makes me sad. I heard lot of people claiming that Zero/Ao are better in some ways.

I think Xseed said on their twitter that the opening sales for CS2 were pretty good.

I believe XSeed already commented on CS2 sales, and that they were good.

Does anyone have the Twitter(?) post?

A translation of Zero is supposed to come out in December. They are in beta testing.

>Spring 2017
>Not Winter 2017

Can't fool me

The Sora Evo artist is trying too hard to emulate Enami Katsumi's style. Speaking of which the art he did for Estelle in Zero/Ao is my favourite iteration of her so far.

>undub

>Go ahead and do it for shit like Senran

Condoning piracy for *any* niche game that needs every sale it can get makes you a complete fag, and doing it while condemning piracy for another game localized by the same damn company makes you a complete moron.

Do you like to listen to Valley girls in Japanese games?

I should've got the collector's edition of CS I. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did though.

I'd buy it then undub it anyways.

>Be yurofag
>Check PSNow
>No CS available
>Switch region to US
>CS available

Fucking Yurop.

You can still get it.

>Lionheart Edtion
>box can fit 2 games
>there's 3 games

Poor Xseed didn't know that when they designed the LE.

>quest to kill a boss with 300k HP

Time to fire up those delays senpai

I guess it depends on personal preference at the end of the day. But personally, I like all of the versions Estelle. No matter the art style, she's always best girl.

Is that based Kevin on her right? Damn, son.

Sure, if it suits their character.

If the english version is unbearable I just import the original.

I can't understand who'd want to listen to Japanese dialogue while reading an English script that doesn't pair up with it because of grammatical differences.

Do what I did. Get some american PSN cards online, load up that wallet and buy it.

Schera is the ture heroine of the series just because she bought Estelle her thigh highs
10/10 redesign

Even if it was obvious that there was going to be a third game, when they announced that Edition, CS3 didn't exist.

>Hanging out around a bunch of giant gears

Someone is going to get hurt.

Do you have any legit resource to suggest for that?

The obvious solution is for XSEED to release a giant collector's edition for CS3 that can swallow the Lionheart Edition.

Posting underrated Kiseki boy

>Dat Joshua duel in SC

My butt was clenched in hard mode.

>Rean and Lloyd faces

Bring back Katsumi please.

>finally finish CS1
>hyped as shit for CS2, start it right after
>haven't touched it for about a week
I should've taken a break.

not that user, but I use play-asia for all my out-of-region PSN codes

They only charge a tiny bit over face value so I definitely can't complain about the price.

Just so you'll know, there's sometimes a delay with your first order so they can manually verify your payment but then future codes are instant-delivery by email

In all honesty, no.

I tried two places, pcgamesupply and gamecarddelivery.

Pcgamesupply worked for 20 (10x2) bucks, but they require a paypal account and mine wasn't unlocked, so I had to create a couple of them and switch out virtual credit cards. But then it didn't work a third time, they were unable to tell me why. Delivery times were between 30 and 60 minutes.

Gamecarddelivery worked for the extra 30 (3x10, the extra 10 were to buy something cheap and test the download), but they have a weird first time verification system where you have to dial a number and leave your name and order number. Delivery times were between 5 and 15 minutes.

So Gaius has to be a plant, right? The guy saves a Vander from wolves, that has to be the shittiest cover story ever.

Can't you just buy off Gamestop or Amazon?

We're talking EU buyers here, pretty sure you can't without faking address.

Well, he does save the party from jeagers in CS2, so I'd say the story is true.

I don't know about Gamestop, but with Amazon I had some address issues, I can't remember why though.

But like suggests, Play-Asia might be a good way, they are legit.

Honestly, people say who say they should be played back to back are bollocks. The games share the same dungeons/town/roads and they are like 70 hours long each, you are going to burn out if play them back to back.

What's wrong with human Tatsu?

>le perma closed eyes meme

You can't keep doing this over and over again

he also talks to birds on the courageous, suspicious

You mean Amazon Europe doesn't sell PSN cards from other regions? I can get Japanese PSN cards with nor problem from the US one.

pc when?

>they havent unlocked the secret cake route

>PC

So you can piratefag it or buy it on 99% off because "The game is 1 years old I'm not paying over 10 bux kek".

Shut up and play your battlefield.

But that's not a cake yet.

Why'd she do that in the first place? I probably missed a scene or something because this was never explained. All I know is that something about her family being piano makers, and maybe her little brother dying.

Sara is a cake, but Claire isn't.

>Going for any of those Class VII bitches
>Not going for that cute perky royal ass.

I wanted to go for Claire, but Toval and Sharon's accessories seem much better.

That's the thing, the rougher older artstyle fits someone like Estelle really well, in the new one it just doesn't feel like she is the type of girl who would adventure and stuff to help people.

Any sauce on Zero coming out? Are you talking official release or fantranslation

when do you get milliums sister?
there is more to the epilogue?

I just got to the school house in the epilogue and am doing the final trail there. Towa, Alfin and Rean's sister joined up

Yes Logan, I do

Check the orbment stand at the entrance and you can buy mirrors that let you play as other characters.

Oh Thomas, am I supposed to be the Phantom Troupe's Spider to the Society of Ouroboros's Snake?

Jealousy does nothing for your demeanor, come along man. You have seen nothing of what I am going to do, and know nothing of what I can do.

You can buy some mirrors that let you play as Altina, Crow, Vita, Lloyd and Rixia.

>There will never be a Kiseki collection for the PS4

Suffering.

>Do bath event with Gaius in CS 2
>"Rean you wanna know my favorite type of wind?"
>Small batch of bubbles appear by Gaius in the water

Him and Rean are both shit sniffers

Which game is better, CS or TITS. I cant seem to muster up enough will power to play through both series. I tried TITS long time ago but did not make it far.

>you will never turn sister rosine into a mother
why even live?

TiTs is the patrician choice
CS is for Personafags who like bad anime like Sword Art Online

She looks good. I am honestly surprised we didn't get Cold Steel swimsuits. Ones that aren't school swimsuits I mean.

Let it lie for now.

My boy may yet convince her to emancipate herself from the fetters of her ideology and fly into the loving embrace of his iron blood.

just how many people will hug rean in this game?
its weird because you dont usually see many hugs in anime

I liked SAO, only first half though. Played through P4G on the vita. Honestly did nothing for me.

I can't tell who is hotter, Fie, Millium or Altina

Fie looks jealous. Or rather not happy at all.

Fan translation. But still better than nothing.

Is there any track in CS that is as good as this?

youtube.com/watch?v=5ok9bzDzaS0

Cold Steel 4 better be on the PS4 with better graphics so I can oogle the hot chicks at the pool.

what does Altin'as butt smell like? I noticed her special shows her with her ass poking out.

Are these games somewhat emotional? I feel like playing a JRPG, but I hate it when shit just happens and there's no focus on how it affects people.

the game is very story driven, but as for emotional, no. no one really dies, aside from like 2 people and only one has a dramatic death.

NO SMELL

>$30 in cosmetic DLC
Really targets the NEET audience

So how do you get this scene, I know it's in NG+. Also how strong are dominions suppose to be?

If $30 in cosmetic shit is the NEET audience, who is the audience for $700+?

>calling something else persona
>When Estelle starts blabbing about "muh bonds" before fighting Weissman.

Cold Steel 1 and 2, no. Trails in the Sky SC can be emotional sometimes like Estelle talking to her dead mother, Agate opening up to Tita about his dead sister, or Estelle convincing Joshua to drop the edgelord bullshit.

>Playing the Vita version
>Havent checked the title screen in about 30 hours

I'm sure I've missed a bunch of changes

Why don't you tell me:
youtube.com/watch?v=L2OBpsUK5PU

Collect all of the Black History Books (5)
Hand them over to Thomas on the Courageous before the end of 12/31

Talk to Thomas in the staff room in March

Talk again to Thomas once the final final dungeon appears

>mfw the bonds ended up being completely worthless and Weissmann gets rekt by pure keikaku

Is there a list for the Black History Books? Rather what do they say? Not going to replay it anytime soon.

Look the thread, there's a video.

>Also how strong are dominions suppose to be?
Kevin is inarguably the strongest MC in the series so far

I think they did, Estelle and Joshua look plain but when I saw Josette she looked fine. Good even.

I think her voice is too soft too, honestly from what I heard of the dub it was perfect.

I'm going to but it, along with an LE just fucking EU release, why do they do this shit?

Does someone on the Trails team have a fetish for nuns? Not that I'm complainong

>TFW want to play this game but I don't have a PS3 anymore

Why couldn't it have been made on PS4? Or even fucking PC? Damn, I don't even know a lot of people who still have their PS3. And isn't the first game on Steam right now? Why can't the second one be on Steam? Fuck.

>Inb4 he got rid of his PS3

They're kind of necessary when the Church plays such a major role.

Now, fake incest, someone over at Falcom DEFINITELY likes that.

>When the S-crafts start launching at just the right part
youtube.com/watch?v=NK_tOea259I&feature=youtu.be&t=2m5s

Sky games were orginally PC games.
Crossbell games were originally PSP games.
Cold Steel games have only been on PS3/Vita thus far.

>he didnt get a Vita TV when they were $20

Calm down, Rean. Lewd thoughts about nuns is impure.

You mean the Cold Steel games right?
Buy a cheap Vita TV for about $30 from Gamestop and buy physical copies of Cold Steel 1 and 2. You can use your PS4 controller with it, and since you're using physical copies you can use the built in 1GB for save data. When you're done with it, you can use the Vita TV as an anime box or just use the power cord as a PSP charger.

Will we learn anything about Aidios church other than she's a goddess and she made the sept-terrion?

Nuns, maids, cakes and incest (NBR trash)
They got what you want.

Oh my boy, you should've just gone Ogre power and then taken young Valestin's body and heart as your prisoner.

Make sure she learns who wears the pants in that relationship! Older women get antsy so you'll have to give it to her strong and deep to make her make understand and moan lots.

For example, she is saying "no! NO!" because she is afraid of letting go of the facade that she is mature and grown up, and must remain in control.

Destroy that control! My son, you must take her booty as your rightful share.

So instructor thomas is more powerful than Kevin, then?

Richard had the right idea, you can't deny that.

>giving away your most important tactical asset for a meaningless piece of paper

Queen Alicia should be hanged for treason.

>taking this cake when she literally cums upon seeing Laura's dad

Kanone get off the orbalnet and go give him a handjob or something

It's not her fault that Ouroboros is fucking everyone over

>Implying that there's anything wrong with cumming upon seeing Laura's dad.

What was the point of the peace treaty anyway?
Two years later and things are worse than ever.

That's a normal reaction.

I bet she fucks like a tiger.

what happened in crossbell? why was there a forcefield? what was their ultimate weapon people talked about? what was the tree doing there?

I felt like they mentioned all this stuff, and then it all resolved itself on its own and that was it?

Is this part of the Ao Zero games?

>releasing a game further in the series that spoils events in untranslated games

m a d m a n

>Is this part of the Ao Zero games?

Yes.

Isn't this as very big spoiler to Zero and Ao?

Yes. The Crossbell games are kamige unlike Sky and Cold Steel.

I love these Cold Steel yaoi doujins

Dorothee stop posting

>defeat a boss without much trouble but the party says OMG THAT WAS SO HARD
>le mysterious glasses man
>fake incest

How does Falcom keep getting away with this?

>release LE for the first game
"Hey guys, this is going to house the Cold Steel games!"
>theres a third game that won't fit in the box

thanks

>theres a third game
Not yet there isn't.

What if they give us a bigger box for CS3 LE?

They weren't lying at that moment plus they did the good thing at least for PS3 since unless there's some miracle, it won't have CS3.

The edge caused by Rean's unrequited husbando lust will expand the box

Will Rean ever grow up to be a dandy that fits her tastes? I mean he has his father's genes, but you never know.

So between Arios and Alan, where does Rean fall under?

Do we have any info on CS3? Do we know if it takes place several years later?

I know we have that image of Rean who appears to be older.

They didn't want people to worry about abandoning CS after the first one, so they prepared a LE that would confirm the duology. We don't even know what consoles CS3 will be on yet, and they've settled on the LE design years earlier.

sonicmega.tumblr.com/post/150624344791/

All we have is that image of Rean until December probably. I imagine the timeskip at most will be two years.

Punished Rean
A man denied his headpats

Using Sara, Laura, and Alisa. What Master Quarts should I use lads.

Jusis knows he wants it

>Rean walks in on the girls in the hot spring after he hears a scream
>"KYAAAA BAKA"
>They're all wearing towels anyway

Bitches, right?

I ordered mine from Target.

millium with tauros and trinkets that give her cp.

my millium killed mcburn in one special when he had full health. did something like 300k damage on a guarantee crit

Laura curbstomps everyone with Tauros. When I did that first fight with Rufus where you have to drop him to 50% HP before a set amount of time, Laura did nearly all that damage with one S-Craft. For Sara and Alisa I like using Criminal and Aries for non-bosses; they mop enemies up pretty quickly. For a boss fight, I give Alisa Canon so she can play healer/support.

>2 years
>Estelle and Joshua will be 20
>Tio will be 17
>Renne will be 15

Oh god I don't know how to feel about this.

Maybe they'll give us a new, older, sexy Renne.

Man Sara's model has massive tits it's almost unsettling.

What's a good Master Quartz for Rean? I just equipped Murakumo for him which seems alright.

Crimson Band trailer 'ho!

>yfw when things start going nuclear

If your party relies of Alisa's CP arrows and insight buffs, I'd keep Angel on her. She's a super competent caster though so if you're not using Emma or Elliot than Criminal would give her crazy power. If you want Laura to be an expendable nuke then tauros would fit the bill, otherwise her starting quartz is sufficient for the STR it provides. I haven't used Sara so I don't know what she's good at.

>tfw laura and everything about her

I think I'm in love. Where I can even find more girls like her? I want harem of these

>Renne will barely be a loli anymore

mfw i just got the Dominator gem as a rank reward. Time for Gale Ex and Laura NP spam

Is there anyone stronger or edgier than McBurn? i'm not talking about normal McBurn, I'm talking about Demon Lord McBurn with his shitty special sword and all that fire blazing around him

She has massive tits in universe too. Laura and Elisa's look pretty small in comparison.

altina. dat butt

>You will never tame those big fat Bracer tats

Fiet

>ALL OF ME

Why is rean facing the camera?

>you will never have a robotic loli to play with whenever you desire
why even live

Does Rean have the potential to be the strongest in Trails?

Now that you mention it, IS there anyone stronger than him?

Strongest no, but I can see becoming top tier at the end.

It can't be 2 years due to what happens in Ao. It's 1.5 years max.

At first

>Olivier was

>but then

Remember dear Prince, pride might be beautiful, but ever it is before the fall!

she's my favorite girl in the game

Raven, Murakumo, Falco, Orochi blah blah

pretty much Raven for delay based, Falco for evasion tanking, Murakumo/Orochi and etc. for dps. He can do everything, just pick pretty much.

wtf are you talking about? Olivert was hugely successful in Cold Steel. It was the class he founded that put an end to the civil war, just as he had hoped.

At least he had a reason for it, he's seen some shit man. It wasn't just for the sake of making him super edgy.

It was the reason why he could not prevail over Giliath Osborne, Chancellor of the Erebonian Empire.

Because he could not see him as another human being for the longest of times. He only saw him as another monster

>never once thinking that a man like him could fall in love.

nigga the story ain't over yet. I don't know wtf you think you're talking about, but it's a bunch of gibberish, frankly.

You should play the games. Then you'll understand the story!

If you don't play the games, then everything looks like gibberish, logically.

Whoever Calvard's closed-eye memer will be

I did play the games, and you're a retard.

I realized that a lot of bad shit happens in this series because of hero worship

Now that we're approaching the subject: Who is the best at holding back?

Since you don't understand, no, you didn't play the games.

If you can't afford them, you could always just look up a youtube LP or something.

You shouldn't waste time on the internet lying for attention.

What male pairing does Cred Forums ship? ReanxToval for me

You're a fucking dumbass, dude, this isn't a fanfic thread. Take your bullshit elsewhere. I completely understand the game. The problem here is that you're saying total bullshit that has nothing to do with the story.

Seriously go back and read your dumbass posts again. You should be ashamed of even vocalizing that kind of stupidity to other people.

Anelace

She's so good at holding back she doesn't even remember whether or not her invincibility buff is still active

There was only one damn reason why SC took so long and it was not XSeed's fault.

It was the fault of one man who wanted to commit suicide because he wanted out of a project he thought he had a grasp on.

These games are nothing like the shit you mentioned.

There is more than one game in the Legend of Heroes you know. You have to look closely at the picture.

You'll also notice in the comparison that Olivier goes from thinking that Osborne is a monster to that he is actually another human.

Be a bit appreciative that I am willing to hold your hand for your understanding. There's no need to be such a ragamuffin.

Why? WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?

HE DIED FOR NOTHING!

HE STARTED A CIVIL WAR AND HAD INNOCENT PEOPLE MURDERED BUT HE STILL DIED FOR NOTHING!!!

I played ALL THE GAMES THAT ARE OUT IN ENGLISH, YOU DUMB FUCK.

Your posts literally have nothing to do with what happened in them. Again, read your retarded posts again. I'm not going to spell it out for you any more than I already have. Olivert set out to do something, and for the most part, it got done. No, he hasn't gotten rid of osborne YET, but once again the story is NOT OVER.

Hamel was inside job

Later bro.

youtube.com/watch?v=8i2doN33__8
youtube.com/watch?v=jsfGVHAqwMc
youtube.com/watch?v=_VjA3y87qMg

all of the day bro

>Didn't pay back the interest

Son of a bitch.

Vermillion for me.

Load him up with Delay Quartz and watch him do damage while the opponent can't even do a turn.

No, we have established already that you didn't, and probably aren't going to. I am not particularly interested in your lies.

The funny part is, if you did play the games in english, you'd know that Olivier:

-Wanted to prevent civil war
-Wanted to prevent Osborne from becoming even more powerful
-Wanted to prevent Ouroboros from wrecking havoc in his home
-Wanted to establish his own faction's foothold

The end result?

Didn't stop the civil war, didn't stop Osborne, didn't stop Ouroboros, and his airship was grounded because it cannot accomplish what it was built to do. His 3rd wind is currently a sleeping issue.

But if you want to get very angry that Olivier could not prevail, you can do it on another thread.

>KeA an actual kid
Sorry to burst your bubble, user...

Arianhod = Mcburn = Ein/Carnelia > Loewe = Arias = Rufina = Cassius = Victor = Kevin > enforcers > everyone else

Loewe got beat by Estelle, pretty sure Cassius is stronger with his plot armor.

Because Arianrhod loves her secret lover and daughter more than Duvalie

i keep hearing anelace is actually one of the stronger chars in the series. is this mostly learned in the 3rd? since yun kai fai is her grandpaps?

>literally cold steel
lmao

how the hell did Lloyd and Rixia beat Rean? two nobodies versus the national hero?

loewe got beat for plot reasons. power level wise he should be just below mcurn and arianhod. hes pretty much the only reason angel wiessman was beatable

Because Anelace knows that cuteness is justice.

Why does it seem like no one in trails of cold steel has both parents?

Rean and machias are like the only ones with both parents. Fie has no parents, alicia has her mom, jusis has his dad, macchias has his dad, eliott has his dad,

She doesn't seem to be strong relative to others, but she is part of the group of known Eight Leaves practitioners in the series.

The dangers of compromising a vision.

A man can only negotiate so much before they find themselves bartering away their morals!

>nobodies
>Rixia

Loewe got beaten because he stopped holding back

They didn't beat him, they stalled him. He hadn't gotten serious and probably didn't feel like it.

Rean is shit. Can't even beat any of the enforcers without getting saved.

>Beat Sara at blade
>"You didn't REALLY beat me"

Just like every boss in the game.

Damn thought Kevin would be stronger

>Lloyd and Rixia
>two nobodies

Lloyd doesnt need mary sue bullshit to kick Reans ass. They even beat up a bigger stronger Gundam

You mean Gaius. But Laura's mom is still alive

Rean only has Osbourne though

Would Rean/Joshua be the mist badass teamup of all time.

>Rean/Valimar as muscle/intimidation
>Joshua for perfect tactical/recon and stealth.

[citation needed]
inb4 arianrhod

Why does Falcom waste time with shit games like Tokyo Xanadu?

>inb4 arianrhod
Well I got nothing, sorry

do weapons carry over to NG+

i grinded for everyones ultimate weapon

I don't know if Rean counts since he's adopted. Also, for your list, Emma probably doesn't have parents anymore.

>not knowing about Rixia

well shit...

What I got from CS2 ending is that we aren't even in the real problem concerning Erebonia yet.

All the adults seem to know that what happened in CS1 and CS2 was going to happen eventually, and now that it has come to pass, this time, they actually do not know what will happen.

According to Falcom they wanted to try something with a different setting then their current series.

is lauras mom duvalie

was xanadu really that bad. it has boobs

It's different. So nobody likes it.

People want Ys and Trails games.

are witch'es plants or something

She should have been the one and only canon waifu in this game. Her and Rean are just perfect for each other.

Thanks to Time Sept-Terrion hijinks Laura is Arianrhod's mom

I'd let her be my sword.

is it like a modern action trails game in tokyo? whats it like?

Man she is really attractive. That red swimsuit really brings out the best look in her.

No, it's more like the original Suikoden games, which is why nobody liked it.

youtube.com/watch?v=STrxtBHjgzE

youtube.com/watch?v=gh2WsHnl9GU

laura is good waifu, but sara's christmas cakey confession and millium's teasing loli confession were more appealing to me

Agreed. Bitches who like lacrosse are evil and should not win

Like two? suikoden 2 is a great game. i dont get how a game that takes place in tokyo can be like suikoden. do you recruit tokyo-ites for your akihabara castle to take down the prime minister or something

I got to get around to watching this.

what is it? some fanmade sen no kiseko shorts?

Xanadu is YS lite, and by that i mean complete dogshit. The controls for that game were fucking horrible

Official anime adaptation (the episodes are only two minutes long, 30 seconds of which is the opening to each episode) of an official crack 4koma called Falcom Gakuen. It involves characters from practically every Falcom game, and it's as stupid as it sounds.

No that's Arianrhod

Considering her mom has never been mentioned, not even to the point of people asking about her, I'm assuming she's a plot point

She'll just join the Dead Parent club along mos of Class VII.

That would honestly be such a disappointing development. Don't do this to me

>It involves characters from practically every Falcom game

Are Mail and Parin in it?

fuck you, you convinced me to buy it, I was holding back and waiting.