Gaming Mouse

My old friend the Logitech MX 518 is finally nearing his end. What would be a good successor for him or should I just look for a new MX 518?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Mice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Zowie ec1-a

g400s

>mfw I still have mine
>I have no fucking idea what I'll do once it's dead

g502 if you don't mind your fps halved in FEAR 1 Perseus mandate and extraction point.

Amazing mouse for fps

It looks somewhat similar to MX518 but it's not available in any stores here.

>fps halved in FEAR 1 Perseus mandate and extraction point.
Care to elaborate? Is it only those two games?

Are those speed holes? Is the mouse sick?

My cat ate my g400. Got a rival 300 instead. It's not a g400, but it's still pretty good.

Also this: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Mice

>s it only those two games?

First fear and expansions and condemned one I believe

Because of an engine bug

MX518 hasn't been in production for years, and you shouldn't want another due to its angle snapping.

The G400 and G400s are its successor and they don't have angle snapping, but they haven't been manufactured for years either.

Logitech's current offering in the G400 tier is the G402.

well you still have a few years to figure it out
I probably use my old mx518

>tfw generic cheap mouse
tell why i should even bother to spend more than that on it.

Deathadder

I see. So they'll run silky smooth 30fps instead of 60? Not the worst thing that could happen

Someone post the outdated buyers guide

Enjoy your doubleclicking. God that thing was such a piece of shit.

Wow, they really changed it up. Does it even feel like an MX518?

It's not necessary for anything by any means, but having 2 extra buttons can have handy applications even outside of games.

Just ordered this.

Did I fuck up?

yes

I wouldn't know, I use a G502. The G400 and 400s have the same shell as the MX518, but again, they haven't been manufactured for a few years so you're going to be paying through the nose to acquire one.

From the picture I'd say the G402 looks similar to the shell you're used to, and if you notice, it has all of the buttons the MX518 does, just in different places.

Go to your local computer store and feel up some mice, see which ones feel good to use.

Best mouse on the market right now.

>hasn't been in production for years
so logitech finally realised that making indestructible mice isnt good for business

i can vouch for this, i have enjoyed every g series mouse i have used so far but ive only used a logitech g5 and a logitech g400s. i miss the hefty weight of the g5 but the forward button has found use

55fps or so for me, they would run at 120 fps maybe normally?

Optical technology has progressed since then, and the MX518 is objectively bad due to angle snapping at the hardware level anyway.

how are gaymen mice not cheap? sure they aren't 5 dollar generic but 40 dollars isn't steep either

>wireless

>old gaming mice
okay

have a hand made adapter to use this on pcs

That looks so weird compared to MX 518 though. I admit I've never even touched a mouse like that but they look so fragile and uncomfortable. It's probably just the opposite in reality though.

yeah so what?

A mouse has to have a tail. That's just common sense.