Metal Gear Lore

If Solid Snake has all the dominant genes of Big Boss, that would imply he at least has the same phenotype as boss, and possibly the same genotype.

For the same phenotype (Big Boss's Gene -> Solid Snake's Equivalent Gene)
yy -> yy
Yy -> Yy or YY
YY -> YY

For the same genotype:
yy -> yy
Yy -> Yy
YY -> YY

So for all intensive purposes (sexual reproduction aside), Solid Snake is a perfect clone of Big Boss no matter how you spin it. Did Kojima fuck up?

First of all, if you play to the end of MGS1, the irony is that Liquid has all the dominant genes and didn't know it.

Second of all, you should know right away from the way Liquid talks about genes that Kojima doesn't know shit about genetics

I'm not a bio major but I'm pretty sure "genes" in this context refers to alleles

>if you play to the end of MGS1
I've only played parts of IV and just finished V.

>the irony is that Liquid has all the dominant genes and didn't know it
Fucking kek, how is blonde hair a dominant gene?

>Kojima doesn't know shit about genetics
I see.

>how is blonde hair a dominant gene?

I remember in the MGS1 briefing scene Campbell mentioned Liquid dyes his hair.

>I've only played parts of IV and just finished V

...What? Why are you starting a mgs story thread then? Play the games dude

I don't own a PS2, and my PS3 is collecting dust in my garage. Unless Konami decides to release PC versions of the older titles, I am unlikely to play them any time soon.

you can get all of them on ps3 though, dig that shit up and play them OP

No he didn't.

easiest way is to pretend by 'dominant genes' they mean 'we catalogued all of Big Boss's genes, compared it to other humans, identified which ones possibly gave him an advantage in the battlefield and made sure Liquid got those ones'

First of all dominant and recessive genes are a dumb way too look at it and not what was intended. A dominant gene doesn't necessarily mean it's a better gene and vice versa.

Secondly, Snake didn't have Big Boss' superior genes, he had the inferior genes. Liquid thought it was the other way around though and that's why he was so asshurt, because he thought he had the shit genes (when it reality he had the best genes).

that's not possible unless he had constant access to dye in the 80s

Other way around. Solid dyes his hair.

>what is an emulator

does anyone have a larger but still animated version of this

>A dominant gene doesn't necessarily mean it's a better gene and vice versa.
Of course, but that doesn't change the fact that Solid got the dominant genes, and Liquid the recessive ones.

CUTTING
EDGE
TECHNOLOGY

I guess liquid just assumed solider genes were dominant?

POISONOUS
ZANZIBAR
HAMSTERS

Solid would have the same phenotype as Big Boss, so why would he have genes that are inferior Big Boss?

Jesus christ dude are you paying any attention
They made 3 clones of Big Boss
Solidus Snake who was a perfect 1:1 clone
Liquid Snake who they gave the genes they determined were 'better', the genes they determined to make him smarter, faster, stronger and just basically a Aryan SuperBoss
And Solid Snake who got the other stuff

Anyone else think it was originally Kojima's intention to have it where the clone thing was a lie and that Solid and Liquid were actually the test tube babies produced from Big Boss & The Boss's harvested gametes, and that it was supposed to add to the Liquid Ocelot thing where Solid and Ocelot would actually be half-brothers?

You get two alleles for every gene in your DNA that can either be dominant or recessive, one from your father's gene the other from your mother's gene. If any of the alleles are dominant, the gene is dominant. If all the alleles are recessive, the gene is recessive. A parent with a recessive gene will always pass on a recessive allele. While a parent with a dominant gene may either pass on a dominant or recessive alleles. It is only possible for a parent to pass on a recessive allele from a dominant gene if they themselves were given a recessive allele from their parents.

In the case of Metal Gear, Solid got the dominant genes for all of Big Boss's dominant genes, and the recessive genes from Big Boss's recessive genes. Likewise, Liquid got all the recessive genes for all of Big Boss's recessive and dominant genes in which Big Boss was a carrier for the recessive allele, and dominant genes for all of Big Boss's dominant genes for which Big Boss's was not a carrier of the recessive allele.

Mgs 1 and 2 have PC releases...

>Solidus Snake who was a perfect 1:1 clone
Which turns out to be pointless, because biologically speaking Solid should have the same phenotype as Big Boss.

Well I mean, he was president of the united states
That's not bad

I like to take that to mean that if he wanted to John could have been the President