ITT cringiest moments in Cred Forums history

inb4 someone screencaps the thread

This thread

>le cringe
reddit

>that one trap thread

Gamergate
Rustled my Jimmies 50% of threads for 2 weeks
Mass Effect 2 fanboyism 25% of threads for 6 months (when /vg/ didn't exist either)
Gaben visit
Cringe threads

goobergate and Undertale.

Oh fuck you remember how hard we pushed Ass Erect threads.
Those were some fun times.
I wouldn't say they were too cancerous though.
Negative, surely. But compared to a lot of other shit it went pretty under the radar.

I'm constantly surprised how people still come here and get annoyed by the existence of specific threads.
I've just straight up don't acknowledge the existence of like 95% of the stuff here. Which always seemed almost like a necessary adaptation to the environment.

someone post the wii u card

Pedotoon get

Everything after 2012. You fucking faggots got cringey as shit.

oh god i'm not the only one who thinks that 2012 was the tipping point

for me it was when the swag trips took over Cred Forums

Gamergate was, is and will always be right.

Honestly the reddit boogeyman shit fucked a lot of this shit up. Fucking Cred Forums got two waves with the mlp and their tumblr boogeyman.

Actually thinking about it, I think /r9k/ being removed back then caused all this trouble.

Symptoms started back in '09
2012 was just when the boat had finally tipped.

sending the cards to Nintendo takes the cake for me.

I don't/didn't even go on Cred Forums much. It was just annoying how 3/10 threads on every page were something about me2. I even enjoyed the game, but fuck, shut up about it.

The thing I find really fucking funny though is when people claim that "Cred Forums always hated me2 and only liked the first one." makes me laugh so hard because there has never been a single game so highly talked about on Cred Forums for months after its release since then. Not Witcher 3, not GTA5, not any Souls game, not Sm4sh, nothing.

this, holy shit

literally sending a thank you card for being marketed to is the most retarded thing I've ever seen on this board

When Cred Forums shunned interactive movies then voted one as their game of the year

there's nothing worst than the Treehouse thank you card.

The intentions? Sure.
The actual "movement" went to shit when it got a name and allowed a bunch of faggots on twitter to call themselves "leaders" or some shit

I loved talking about the franchise after the second game but upon reflection I didn't really like the game that much.

There was the initial discussion and shit like the mods changing the title of the board for a bit.

Then later on there was the chain of general threads, we had around 200 in a row. Which isn't too bad as we restrained ourselves to one thread(and there weren't many generals then like there were when /vg/ came along).
We still pissed off a ton of people from a few incidents. Like when posting went down for six hours and we had two Mass Effect general threads on display on the front page for the entire time. Because SOMEBODY "accidentally" made a second thread after I made the first.
The next 20 or so threads in sequence were 75% people bitching about the existence of the threads.

Nintendofags are just desperate for any sort of recognition they can possibly get from Nintendo, I really feel for them, honestly

It will always be gamergate, and things like pic related

It was a shit year and it was good as far as walking simulators go.

Even the intentions of Goobergates were shit.
Those were just a bunch of mindless sheep faggots in need of a leader. Even their leader was actually gay, so.

woah she is so brave....

>le board culture is bad meme

This has to stop

I even agreed with the principle user. I just thought the whole thing was so fucking retarded.

Game Journalism is shit and nobody should pay attention to it. It doesn't need "fixing" its just simply unneeded in these times.

Praising dumbasses like Boogie, IA, and Milo because they sided with you is retarded.

Starting hashtags on twitter is retarded.

Doxxing, sending death/rape threats, and mass emailing advertisers that some poor Indian poo in loo has to sift through is retarded (yes the other side did it too, both sides are retarded)

Posting horrible image collages and shitty videos is retarded.

>fun
>cringe

ya'll have gotten so stuck up your own ironic assess that sincere fun is "cringe" now?

No one even said this.

Although Gamergate itself was bad, some of the stuff that was uncovered was actually pretty huge. But of course nothing came of it because why would there ever be change for the good?

The whole Vivian bullshit was stupidly optimistic and retarded.
The character and art itself wasn't that bad, but the mentality behind was just naive.

That shouldn't matter
Games journalism was and still is pretty shit and some would say corrupt, but the problem with GamerGate is that it got taken over by a bunch of faggots who just wanted to whine about SJWs and then later women and minorities

It's the exact opposite of what happened with Occupy Wall Stree
Started as a movement to draw attention to the greed and corruption of the big banks and ended as a giant hippie clusterfuck with no clear goals

it was cool at the time

it was cynical bullshit, lets call it what it is.

>i need game journalist to be honest so that i can trust them when they tell me what to think about videogames because i can't think for myself!

No. It was shit. Being triggered by feminist is also stupid. When a feminist says something retarded you just make her even angrier, you don't play their game.

this
At least we used to create stuff back then, that animation was one of the high points of Cred Forums's original content

The guy who took a picture of a kid playing a demo game in a stor with an expensive digital camera, then proceeds to rip on nintendo's "target audience". Then gets before when the exit data reveals the OP pic is not a stock image but one he took himself.

/vr/ best boy

>thinking it only goes as deep as dishonest journalism
This is why GG failed. Enjoy your cultural marxism, fag.

Anything that followed the reveal of Metal Gear Solid V

/thread
GG and Vivian James were the absolute lowest points of this board, without a doubt

Hands down the whole SJW war arc that has been going for the last 4 years now. Luckily we're coming back from that now.

Special mentions to January 2012 though.

>nigga who has never even read Marcuse, Adorno or Horkheimer
>using the term cultural marxism

Look at him and laugh at his conspiratorial self.

Gamergay was fine to discuss here. I had no interest but it was fairly pertinent. The only issue with it is shit like the vivian garbo. Even though we're just other anonymous ants visiting the same hive, any sub-division that has even the most vague implication of representing the entire population is obnoxious as fuck.

That said, I do understand the vivian trends. Just like boxxy and shit, they're really rudimentary bandwagons and thus quite attractive for the newest children on the block to gather around.

Cred Forums being so paranoid about gamurgurls combined with their total lack of reading comprehension is pretty amusing.

>Started as a movement to draw attention to the greed and corruption of the big banks
No, it started as a circle jerk for leftist retards and ended in the same fashion. We had various laws in place to prevent this from happening until the Clinton era where much of it was revoked. It's hilarious how gullible and easily mislead democucks are by a little bit of bread and circus.

Immensely cringier things have happened

Exactly. GG failed. Why don't you ask Gamespot what you're supposed to say now? You know, since you're a little bitch that need to be told what to think..

board culture isn't neccessarily bad, Cred Forums culture on the other hand is fucking awful

It wasn't okay. Their central claims about Zoe Quinn were false and based on a spiteful rant from her ex-boyfriend.

Not to mention the naivety about journalism as a whole and the idea that gaming is so culturally important. It was a wankfest.

Fuck off, /leftypol/. No one here will ever accept your moronic ideology.

I don't think it's an issue of reading comprehension. Comprehension does not beget care.

Every comment that's longer than two sentences and isn't a copypasta or green text story is cringy as fuck. This isn't a forum were you talk about your 'issues', you fucking nerds.

Funny as shit