Gather around the campfire fellow S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S

Gather around the campfire fellow S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S

Time for a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread and why do you think clear sky is the worst game.

I don't even think Clear Sky is bad.

Well none of them are bad.

People give CS shit over the bad launch or something.

2linear, fast travel is annoying.
ENGLISH VA

NO POINT ENDING

Clear Sky was rushed because of THQ.

Limansk>Chernobyl.

It 'sort' of explains how the Marked One ended up on a death truck.

Clear sky is alright. I though the whole faction war thing was cool as fuck especially the first zone gives me good memories.
I'm probably biased though since i played the games in chronological order.

>we will never have a stalker game with a real budget and modern technology.

I'm about to start S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Which game should I play first? Any essential mods? Any tips?

That's what the mods are for.

CoP was only made 7ish years ago and was pretty high end for its time

Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.

Play Shadow of Chernobyl first, unmodded, unless you want to dick around with AMK, and the /vg/ thread has a sticky for it.

Also, don't buy the steam versions because steam and Xray don't mix.

>decide to replay SoC for the first time in years
>"This time, I'd like a more authentic experience"
>start on master difficulty
>Die 20 times trying to rescue Nimble

I see why I never finished this game

Speaking of buying, who is getting the money for this thing today?

I have absolutely no fucking clue, because GSC is sort of not even there and Sergei took all the money in the past and bought fucking expensive cars.

Then watch casual fucks flood in to complain and fucks fill it with DLCs
The problem is probably some of the broken crap, there were times that base occupations don't work properly. Then there's also the AI that spams grenades like there's no tomorrow.

Stop being shit at the game. Like, Rescuing nimble can be difficult, but only if you expect to not get hit with bullets and you're sitting in the fucking open.

It was entirely my fault for being retarded. I refused help and wanted to try Rambo mode. I'm taking advantage of cover and shit, but I get outnumbered quick

>Clear Sky
>THQ
retard

>remember playing the Stalker games some years ago
>go to /vg/
>stalker general is still alive
How?

wow you're bad.

iktfb
I thought going Rambo would work like in other games, but in STALKER AI actually tries to flank you and shit

I don't know, but it has a lot of useful, informative links so I'm not going to complain.

Don't be afraid to run out of where you are and flank from a different direction. The AI will keep shooting at where they think you are to 'keep you in cover'. They flank too.

Also, the guns in the beginning are absolute fucking trash. It gets better when you get an MP5 and AK, and just gets better from there. Aim for the chest, because the makarov is just bad.

Modding.

Call of Chernobyl is pretty fucking neat, too.

Well Sergei,when you make good game people play it

>we will never have a stalker game with a real budget
Good. Fuck 'wide audience' garbage.

Not to start no console shit, but because we have virtually infinite backwards compatibility.

I still get down and play Freelancer online with people and even enjoyed a few hours of Masters Of Magic earlier today.

And considering you go there with absolute shit,it's even harder if you have not played the games before.

>You fight humies %85 of the time
>All the mutants become bullet sponges without any other differences
All the other stuff are better-ish
Artifacts are too rare,although the rate was only good on CoP

It's a survival fps. Not exactly niche.

>Call of Chernobyl is pretty fucking neat, too
How is it coming along? Last time I played it it was barebones as fuck with almost no missions or anything to do

It has it's own fucking conventions going on for a few years you fuktard stop being an autistic elitist.Stalker is and was always popular.Doesn't mean they'll go full-on Halo with a bigger budget.