>SCV butchered roster
>Garbage single player
>Four fucking years since last mainline title
>iOS crap
>Lost Swords
>Dead online
>desperate community with shit SCV competetive
>SCVI will probably be on newgen consoles only
I just want some solid SC play none of this 20 hit combo tekken shit. Is there any online play for this shit?

Also Viola is best girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sd8rWl9fQWY
youtube.com/watch?v=3yrFHjQP5v0
youtube.com/watch?v=S8ilBJESBKI
youtube.com/watch?v=rqIu09H4uj8
youtube.com/watch?v=05laNAXv2iQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QwziOvMR1rc
youtube.com/watch?v=9bNobXkGLPE
youtube.com/watch?v=9PDc9ePTSrg
youtube.com/watch?v=97-h0wYxqrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kfVlLoETZkI
youtube.com/watch?v=hM_K2Qphcjk
youtube.com/watch?v=Yxrpyv8SNS4
youtube.com/watch?v=nlXhpjmaMWs
twitter.com/soulcalibur
youtube.com/watch?v=xstaYldOOHU
youtube.com/watch?v=-EHYGqwVspM
youtube.com/watch?v=NFfluBYzrrk
youtube.com/watch?v=PWRhT7TOvMU
youtube.com/watch?v=ncl6h46EpuY
youtube.com/watch?v=9MT6aCfTksg
youtube.com/watch?v=2a9f0U8mkqM
youtube.com/watch?v=ssbXlqSQ1AY
youtube.com/watch?v=cCW-pmlxLUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just bring back ALL the earlier games.

Reboots might be good, but I would hate to see characters liek cass and viola not be in teh roster.

That's a funny way of spelling natsu.

This. Taki a shit.

Why the fuck was taki not in SCV anyway?

Because someone on the SCV team was a huge fan of Naruto and wanted an annoying anime genki girl.

Hot.

Natsu at her best desu

>Spammy broken garbage viola
>Good

>Viola
>Broken
get gud

Isn't she S-tier, and quite a way above Alpha Pat who's second?

>SCV butchered roster
>Viola is best girl

No SCV girl is best girl.
Cass is.

>poor man's Sophitia
>best girl

Cass is shit though lol

>OS crap
The iOS game was suprisingly dope as fuck. Really good port.

Sophitia is the cuck's cassandra.

SCV better be on fucking PC or PS3, here's no way I'm forking out hundreds of dollars for a nogamestation 4.

Is that actually a problem?

could they not just do some astral chaos time travel like the Mortal Kombat reboot? That way you could keep the new characters and the old characters i guess

>Soul Blade/Edge
Lots of stupid shit but was overall a pretty good game, a nice start to the series.

>Soul Calibur
Fantastic game, fixed many of the problems with the first game and refined and expanded on many mechanics, looked absolutely amazing for its time.

>Soul Calibur 2
Horribly dumbed down version of SC1, focus on a "wider audience" gameplay depth was removed in favor of adding guest characters as a selling point, many bugs such as Gstep and 2G make this already painfully slow game even worse.

>Soul Calibur 3
HORRIBLE game received zero testing has even more bugs than SC2, completely unplayable mess. the Arcade Edition fixes most of these bugs and adds new characters.

>Soul Calibur 4
Fixed various problems with the series but added a retarded physics engine that had no place in a fighting game, this led to many infinite juggles and instant ring out combos.

>Soul Calibur 5
By far the best game in the series, goes back to its SC1 roots, ads depth and solid mechanics over stupid minigames, expands on many of the original mechanics, overall a great game.

I main Sophitia, but Cassandra has her beaten hands-down personality-wise, especially in 3.

Have to pay for online is the main thing

Only if you like annoying bratty girls.

Soulcalibur has always had combos, you were just shit at the game and didnt find out till you tried playing against other (better) players online.

Fuck the tower of lost souls
bullshit

The old characters don't even need to have a canon appearance in the next one imo, even of they're there as bonus characters(with their own style of course) that that would be enough for me.

SC3 chronicles of the sword was so bad, why did people like that shit?

Still more interesting than V's bonus single player modes, even if some of them like the max def chapters were spam AT throws

>Not wanting to spend 10 hours of your life playing tower burning simulator

I can't believe that this shit is a copy pasta. Just because how specific and low tier it is. I honestly feel like it's the same autistic moron going to all these fighting game threads posting the same shit over and over again at this point.

Nah i'm talking shit like viola's infinite crap, even though I like her that shit is retarded.

Rude.

Cass is great. I would marry her and make her bear my children.

I'm not commenting on the character's, but come on the gameplay was so tedious and crap.

Her infinite is almost impossible to set up and requires constant 1 frame back throws GTFO you fucking poser.

Abelia>Luna just for her Bryan Fury win-pose move, although I did like Luna's weird jump combos

It's so fuckign easy to do though

uh...

I beat it. Second to last level was a bitch, though.

>poser
what the fuck is this, neogaf?

It could've been done better, sure, which is why if there ever is SCVI they could make a spiritual sequel to Chronicles that isn't limited by PS2 technology, whatever that may mean.

user pls.

Aberlia also has that 'tackle you and punch your face with her shield' move. I laughed so hard the first time it connected in CH.

How? Please, that's where I'm stuck
Yeah I know, it's hard but I've enjoyed it or I wouldn't have bothered

It enters a whole new plain of hell once you start going for the treasures though.
>Don't miss a single attack when everybody has invisible S
>Clear with a critical finish on the Amy and the Raphael stage
>Block 10 attacks in a row on floor 59.
>Clear 40 on descend

>uh...

>>uh...

Sounds like you haven't even played the older ones if you're saying shit like that. You don't have to be an expert to know this so I have no idea why you're even saying this unless you haven't played them. The biggest combo you could get in SC2 was like 3 hits, while a combo in SCV you can get a heck of a lot more.

But SC2 is objectively the best game in the series because from 3 on it started losing its identity and becoming Tekken With Weapons™

>>>

Go back to reddĂ­t

>>>>

It's copy pasta, don't even reply to it.

Never been

Yeah, I love that move.

Who are your mains, and what skill set ups do you have?
Auto-unblockable, HP drain, and start dash are all good ones to have, and Astaroth's discus breaker (1A, B)is good for beating AIs in that game

SCV is great though.
I just wish Talim was in.

As the go to casual fighter and as my favorite game I have an opinion on where SC6 should go:

Features:
>Bring back all the small features from soul blade: day/night cycles, unique story for every character, weapons with stats, multiple endings, playable endings, lot of game modes.
>Add some kind of rpg thing to the story mode if budget allows. Let us walk around with our favorite fighters. Camera sways in when encounter happens and fighting shit begins
>More unique stage hazards like rats, traps, hitting the enemy in the air to win, hit enemy with throw to win, need to ring out, can only hit low because you only have a twig and voldo has no pants. Make more. If possible, suited for competitive.
>All characters return. Think of a reason.

Customization A Sexobject:
>add character creator from SC5 and enable us to resize clothes ourselves. Let us decide what clips and what doesn't. Don't sell higher quality outfits as DLC. Give us a face editor pls.
>Let us customize a moveset by choosing commands ourselves. Each move has a value, and you cannot go over a certain value. to keep it balanced.
>let us use move main character clothing onto other main characters and don't sell that as DLC this time you fucking cocksuckers. Pic related.
>enable big asses and little girls
>increase the limit of decals and accesories you can attach. I wanted to make a character full of eyes all over his body once, and it stopped at 7. Make the game convert it to one temporary texture if needed to save memory.

gameplay:
>Make the gameplay like SC5 but remove the bars/supers
>Remove guard crush. It favors rushdown play instead of defensive zoning, which is more fitting for the setting, fairer for players, and won't feel like every character is OP as fuck.
>remove exploitable attacks/combos. Shit like Ivy's unblockables that you need to crouch under, or unblockables you can sidestep only right to. That is not shit you can learn on the fly, and falls under trial and error.

The best waifus in SC are the ones you make yourself.

>How?
Blood, sweat and perseverance, friend. And a team of Mitsus.

Oddly enough, I went back to that level months after I beat it, and I managed to get all the way to Nightmare on the first try. Still lost, though.

Everyone likes a story about them.
That's why you have been getting bigger parts in the recent fire emblems

I'll try that thanks

This pasta is so retarded. I know gameplay is 80% of what makes a game good, but soul calibur 1 removed 90% of the content the first game had. Wtf dude. That is just not acceptable. Not in the year 2000 when not everyone is a FGC elitist.

>Make the gameplay like SC5 but remove the bars/supers
Also, remove GI being tied to the gauge. It doesn't make sense limiting so much one of the main differences with other games.

I'm fine with the idea, but the execution was terrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=rqIu09H4uj8
youtube.com/watch?v=05laNAXv2iQ

Feel free to leave and never come back you underage shitposting faggot

BTFO
T
F
O

If the execution is gonna be as bad as that then I'd rather we just stay away from it.

This is bait

That works. Probably give it a longer recovery time or something to make it different from the parries.

Also can someone tell me how to parry low? i never took the time to figure it out, which is silly considering the time I spent on the game.

Yeah nice that you have to use examples from the later games post SC2 when I wasn't talking about them to prove your point. As for said SC2 video. Most of those are not even true combos. Quick inputs maybe. Not combos though. So try again you fucking shitposter. So BTFO yourself out will you.

>That's why you have been getting bigger parts in the recent fire emblems
But so many have been hating the new self insert, and Mark seems to be the definite favourite out of the four of them.

You can't say BTFO to your own post, that's like calling yourself a badss or trying to give yourself a nickname

>Most of those are not even true combos
Except they are, read the video description.

BTFO
T
F
O

Not that guy, and not underage, but I never knew such things were possible. I wasn't aware of cancelling as a thing before I dunno 2005? I think I learned it from ninja gaiden BLACKED or something.

I wonder if this is the reason why we can't have good Soul Calibur threads on Cred Forums. It's amazing how it attracts the low minded shitposters like yourself so quick every time.

Just guard impact diagonally down instead

>SC series

"Useless"

>SCV is great though.

See the problem is Cred Forums is full of people who's only experience with the game is mashing against the AI and really just dont know how the game is played at all, and thats fine. but then you get these same people coming here spouting false information like they know everything about the game and trying to argue with oldheads who actually put time and effort into these games.

I hope it's just the one autist as they always sperg out in the same way

I hope so too.

>mfw SC III is my favorite in the series
I feel sad for SC III having so much hate, maybe i like it a lot because i also love Tekken and for me it was another game with Tekken combat style (moves having weight and shit instead of being too arcadey).
Also for me it had the best roster and best design of my main character.

Personally I would love to spend hours trying to polish up a main, but with a dead online/tournament community there's just no motivation.

>Main character
Who is?

But I agree with you on roster, the only addition I've liked since then is Hilde

SC3 was a broken unfinished pile of garbage full of glitches that made it unplayable.

Thats why everyone hates it.

It still has my favorite Seig(2P), although P1 SCV Seig is good too.

>See the problem is Cred Forums is full of people who's only experience with the game is mashing against the AI
what, as distinct from getting low-attacked spammed in lag?

>if the game were good, it would not be dead
prove me wrong

Just remember: Everything wrong with SCV was because Bamco forced them to develop it in a year

The gameplay itself was tight and focused as all hell, because the unholy deadline forced them to prioritize it over anything else
It's a goddamn shame, but Project Soul did a damn fine job with what they were given

Most likely.

When is the next opportunity for SCVI to be announced anyway?

If you were by no means competitive and a complete casual, chances are you enjoyed SC3. Cause single player content it's really good, with reasonable customization, branching story mode, large cast etc. etc. The reason why people hate SC3 because it was a beyond broken glitchy mess if you take it the slightest bit serious. I never played the Arcade version, but I was always curious how SC3 would have been if that was the version people got originally and how much that actually improved the game.

>Pre-release screenshots of story mode make it look like it's returning to Tale of Souls
>Is just Pat trying to rail his sister for several hours.

If you're after the sword don't expect to get past here alive

NX reveal

Fuck you
Fuck you too

It won't be for a while since they don't want to take the wind out of Tekken's sails.

Nightmare was my main and with a friend we used to do a Nightmare vs Siegfried (his main) marathon (up to 50 matches one night before going to see a movie), i think i used the 1P recolor because his arm was red instead of that brown color.

People always complain about glitches but i was maybe the only fortunate motherfucker who never experienced a glitch.

Maybe it's because i just played for fun and didn't cared too much about a "competitive" standpoint.

>Siegfried won't ever be voiced by Crispin Freeman again
Why oh why did they replace him? He was actually better than goddamn Nobuyuki Hiyama.

I didn't find any either

Maybe all the throat cancer jokes, even though I really liked both his and Nightmare's VA in 3

Google SC3 variable cancel glitch or SC3 memory card glitch

i didn't denied they are real, i read about them, i just never had troubles with it.

Man I still fucking miss Nightmare's SC2 voice. It was so good yet it was that guy's only role ever in anything. SC3 was pretty alright, but after that it you might as well throw it in the trash can. Cause they went for a whole new direction on how he should sound and it's just awful even if the voice actor themselves were very capable VA's normally

>i didn't denied they are real
>i didn't denied
This is the calibur of people who thing SC3 was a good game

How about counter hits for fucking moving in a game where MOVEMENT IS KEY

English voices are actually better in several more cases than usual in SC. Siegfried, Algol, Zasalamel, Astaroth, Cassandra all sounded better in english, and the majority of others were on par. It's really the japanese characters in general who shone better in japanese, especially Yoshi as Norio Fucking Wakamoto. Wish there was region-based language like in Tekken or that you could straight up choose the language on a per character basis.

I said it never happend to me, not that it never happend to anyone.

Why do you fling so much shit about which game is the best? Is anyone actually going to talk about the games past my taste > your taste?

>this person who learned English as a second language isn't as good as me, somebody who learnt it as their mother tongue

Don't you get counter runs, definitely in IV anyway

Seung Mina > Sophitia

>thing

Anything similar for Soul Blade? Can't find anything.

Is patroklos the worst character in the entire series?

She seems to exist just to get bodied though, like she's horrendously low-tier, especially in IV, and loses just about every fight she gets in story-wise, even her SC3 ending has her getting beaten up by Yunseong most of the time, and then in IV it happens again during YS's endings, and it doesn't even show her fight with YS that was about to happen in her ending

>not liking based amusing Pat

It's like you prefer boring characters instead.

I'd love to hear the Alexandra sisters speak Greek

>Regional based characters
>Neither Tekken nor Soul Calibur have a cheeki breeki slav
What a waste

I think maybe Z.W.E.I. or Viola could be slavic.

>and it doesn't even show her fight with YS that was about to happen in her ending
That's because they ended up fuggin

>Yoshi as Norio Fucking Wakamoto.
Which SC?

Didn't seem that way to me
youtube.com/watch?v=QwziOvMR1rc

No fun allowed

I admit I like his childish smugness in a comical sense, but as a poster character and main story focus he's atrocious. If he's brought back (really shouldn't) let him keep the confident bravado but with the serious and composed character he has as aPat.
I would unironically love him if they remade the entire character around blending both styles. Way to waste the fact that the sword can be sheathed into the shield as a simple aesthetic as is.

I enjoy that his cockiness fades away when his health is low and there is clear panic to his quotes.

IV and V.

youtube.com/watch?v=9bNobXkGLPE

>all those iMCF-required combos
Only reason I could never get into Yoshi seriously. I can do iagAs and iGDRs until the end of time, but this fucking move is somehow fucking impossible to pull off.

Is there any online communtiy, do people at least play SCII HD online?

>There are people who hate Edgemaster mode

It was a way better way to learn moves/combos rather than using practice mode.

Wow how did i never notice this wtf. Thanks man

What was Edgemaster mode? Was Weapon master given a different name elsewhere?

Edgemaster mode is from Soul Blade. Weapon Master is from Soul Calibur 2. Basically you have to beat the opponent with a set rule (ringouts, aerial moves, combos, guard break, etc)

>SCV butchered roster
It had a bigger roster than IV
>Garbage single player
What kind of spastic retard plays fighting games against the CPU?

SCIV had more interesting characters though, if none of the styles/characters are particularly engaging then the size of the roster doesn't hugely matter. See KoF

It has never at any point been "Tekken with Weapons" and I'm not sure anyone who knows anything about either Soul Calibur or Tekken could have this opinion.

>SCV didn't have grown-up Talim and Amy
Fuck

but mina is best girl

>didn't have grown-up Amy
>people this dense exist

>YOU CONCEITED WRETCHED HUMAN

>I just want some solid SC play none of this 20 hit combo tekken shit. Is there any online play for this shit?

Those complaints
This comment

Its sad because most of SC fans are just casual button mashers. 8 way run and the counter/combo system was the best thing ever and the game played so well. Fuck the ninja girl and the retarded wall combos though. I understand with the new movement options you should never let yourself get near the wall and if you did its your fault but 60%+ damage in a wall combo is stupid. I played some nightmare and that nigga can legit one shot you if he gets a wall splat after his huge upswing (forgot the name). I laughed when some monkey boy faggot RQ'd me when I got him with that shit.

Good times. I miss SC.

Amy was in SCV? I completely forgot

Play SC2 on dolphin

Damage has always been huge in SC.

Will Soul Calibur VI give you points if your opponent rage quits?

She was Viola.

youtube.com/watch?v=9PDc9ePTSrg

I too mourn the loss of his voice actor in the later games. I absolutely loved this Siegfried so determined and full of zealotry

>It doesn't matter - whether I am saved

Nah, I just wanted to bait people so the thread wouldn't be empty. Unless there's some 50hit air combo 1hit ko shit idc.

>tfw tourneyfags won't rest until every fighting game is a SF clone without singleplayer and every additional feature being paid dlc

No other community defends features getting removed

>Forsaken Sanctuary
The OST has really weakened since 3, even the re-used ones like Ephemeral dream, or Wing's of Despair seemed worse in 4 somehow
youtube.com/watch?v=97-h0wYxqrQ

oh excuse me then

Dude, they killed Zasalamel!

Wasn't he supposed to be immortal?

SCV is canon, so apparently he regains his mortality or some shit like that. It's still bullshit, though; he was like Astaroth but faster and more practical to use offensively.

Still disappointed about them killing of the tittymonster MILF. Also the fact that Kilik just up and left Xianghua who ended up marrying and fucking some random guy.

I know nobody plays this shit for the story, but each iteration just gets worse and worse character and stoywise.

Posting actual best girl

>Tira's posture
GOLEM GET YE GONE

I don't love fightan in general but holy shit I fucking love Soul Calibur, the mechanics just click with me, the characters are awesome, and it has one of the best character creators ever. I would suck a dick for Soul Calibur 6 to come out with gameplay like V but a good roster and singleplayer.

Isn't he supposed to grow up to become the president of the Tekken's world

Soul calibur 5 is a really great game. Single player is awful but if you have people to play with it doesn't matter at all. Netcode is really solid and the balance is pretty good.

People complaining about viola don't understand how difficult she is. There are very few people that can play her well consistently

Soul calibur has the best atmosphere and characters out of any fighting game honestly.

No

It's a really cool mix of anime, fuedal japan, medieval europe, and fantasy. I really wish we could get a character in full knight's armor with broadsword and a big shield. I would like a sword n board character that didn't have sissy animations.

>SCV sold more than TTT2, the game with every Tekken character
>Tekken keeps selling less and less with each game

Heck even DOA5 with it's fanservice, at least that game had some new gameplay mechanics.

It's okay if you disagree. :^)

>Chronicles of the Sword 2 never

Well patroklos doesn't have sissy animations unless he's not what you're looking for. Personally I was always wanting a mage character like Viola.

What was the deal with the lack of SCIII competitive, was it the shit ton of extra styles or just the glitches or both?

It was fun, fuck you.

I want a heavier character with sword and board, patroklos has a teeny little sword and shield, think like the broadsword and knight's shield from dark souls.

Luna sword was fun as fuck.

They will never make meaningful single player content again.

My favourite was always Miser.

>unique story for every character
Why did they ever change that? SCV story was fucking retarded. Characters are unrelatable as fuck, and time travel is the worst possible asspull you can get for any story.

Exactly.

>singleplayer
Who cares

A lot of people. Go play your dead SCV multiplayer.

>enable us to resize clothes ourselves

So, I have soul Calibur 5 for the ps3 but that's the only one I own for the series.
What game should I buy next in the series for the single player?

You're an absolute retard if you think it would come to last gen consoles at this point. PC is a maybe but a pretty small one. If Tekken 7 does you might have a chance.

>>unique story for every character
>Why did they ever change that?

Takes up too much budget which means you get a worse Return of investment.

III or IV.

Which would you recommend first?

3 far outstrips 4 in terms of single player content, so that's better but the drop in story from 3 to 4 might be a bit jarring, both are a step up from 5's story though

Test
>>/trash/
>/trash/

Don't bother with 3's chronicle of the sword, it's shite.

Thanks user

It's two arrows for posts on the same board, even when archived or in different threads.
It's three arrows for another board.
It's three arrows, plus the board name, for a thread on another board.
If there's a line through it, that links to an invalid post (either deleted, expired, or just not created yet).

It's not!

It is, the idea is cute but it's really terrible.

>She was Viola.

Not proven.

nice gil skin

These guys get it.

Honestly, all they need to do is just bring back the old characters and get rid of almost everything introduced in IV and V. After that, you're golden.

YO! SHOUT OUT TO BEST CHARACTER IN SCV
>Just wanted to defend his lord
>Got pretty good evil amour fashion sense
>Cool meaty weapons.

Miss your Odor.

SC5 was retarded.

Patroklos was a cancerous thundercunt with a hard-on for his sister.
A whining little bitch that should never have been the game's protagonist.

I get the sense they were trying to use him as post modern critique of heroe's, but failed utterly.

>a hard-on for his sister
His only redeemable trait

SC5 was pretty cool. I had only started with SC4, and mained Amy, secondary Talim. Going from SC4 to 5 was pretty jarring. Amy was gone, Talim was gone, I tried to switch to Raphael but he just couldn't fill the void Amy left in my playstyle.

I even tried switching to ViolAmy but I just found it to be a workout for my fingers and knuckles. Eventually I picked up Leixia and I'm absolutely loving it. I don't even bother with custom characters, I just dress up Leixia during PvP.

>Not loving Pat and wakeup Critical Edge

THE PRICE OF JUSTICE

Xiaoyu: Ugh! Way too many enemies T.B.H.
Natsu: Totally! They're like way ratchet, S.M.H.
Chun-Li: I swear, young people today are impossible to understand!

It's funny how one game can turn Mediocre girl to best girl.

But Chun-Li was always best girl.

If she isn't in VI then we riot.

I really like his character in fights, he's so cocky and arrogant. It's fantastic.
But in the story he needs to be stabbed to death.

leixia a cute

What pvp?

Didn't he also have a mother complex given the form that Elysium took? Not that I blame him considering what his mother looked like.

>Elysium was a fem copy cat
>Kilik was a male copycat
>Edge was both
Talk about wasted slots.

>leveling up your mini army taking down forts and fucking up that LV99 edge master
>not fun

Neck yourself. CotS is fucking awesome.

This.

Everything about Viola pointed in that direction, though.

Same voice actresses both Eng and JP, same face, eyes, and very similar hairstyle. Same fashion, and very similar "ballet style" movements.

The fact that she suffers from memory loss and doesn't know who she is, plus the fact that Amy herself disappeared at some point and Raphael is looking for her...

It all seems pretty obvious that Viola is Amy...

However, i would not be surprised if Namco suddenly came out with a new game that includes Amy, and Viola somehow turns out to be not Amy at all.

I mean Amy Sorel was a very popular character after she appeared in SC3 as unlockable bonus character. That's how she became a main character in SC4.

Have you gone back to Xinaghua in IV since picking up Lexia?

But I really like how annoying Lexia is, it makes winning with her in local multi all the sweeter, only problem is I've been far too reliant on hr 44B for far too long so it rarely works anymore

People forget how much of a cunt Siegfried was, killed his father and went on an edgy rampage through Europe twice.

From what the artbooks showed the story would have been a lot better if they actually had the time to finish it properly.

Story mode is whatever though, you're gonna spend 95% of the time playing the actual game anyway. I miss Setsuka but I love Pat's ham lines like

I'LL CARVE, MY OWN FATE

No it was tedious boring shit, no matter what gay explanation you want to give.

Seig didn't realise it was his father until after killing him at night, then the rampage was caused by is fucked up mental state allowing him to be possessed by soul edge(nightmare). Seigfried then went on a journey of self hatred because he was never really the asshole who killed all those people.

She's very obviously Amy, they just cut a shitload of story content from the game. Rapheal's body is the new nightmare but they don't point it out explicitly in the game.

I'm hoping they have multiple weapon options for some characters so Natsu can get that double-sided spear thing from the fake picture.

Siegfried was under Soul Edge's control at the time, and never killed anybody for being a malfested and saying anything like "too bad there's no way to tell" of his own free will.

>Tone down the SC IV boobness.
>Throw Elysium in at the end.

SCV did have a some really nice stages.

That's why i can't stand SC5. All the story Daishi promised, dropped so they could release it before Tekken Fag Tournament 2.

Daishi even promised the game would confirm whether Viola is Amy or not.

Has really great music too.

The tsunami is what really fucked up their timetable. Blame bamco for not letting them have more time.

>2 raft stages

When was this hinted?

>some

It's in the artbook, but if you go into CAS for nightmare he and raph have the exact same model.

Compare Viola to Amy visually. Theres your hint.

For Raphael im 99% sure theres a story slide that shows "graf dumbass" as a mam turning into nightmare as you, viola, and zwei go on the offensive. I could be wrong though.

Don' forget Kilik getting cucked despite all the chemistry he and Xianghua had.

That's just as bad as in Digimon when Tai got cucked despite all the chemistry he and Sora had in the previous season.

Yeah I got the Viola Amy one that was obvious enough, I'd never heard of the Raphael Nightmare one though.

>le epic cuck meme XD
shut up already. Kilik is the new Edge Master, get over it kid.

>I play fighting games for the story

There wasn't any real chemistry there it was just
"It's too dangerous please understand"
"I don't care"
Repeated over four installments
>Not appreciating how ridiculous fighting game stories are
youtube.com/watch?v=kfVlLoETZkI

Three had the coolest single player mode.
Custom character campaign goat until it corrupts your save file

You did watch his 4 ending, right?

>I think SCV is a good game

SCV's storymode was utter shit though, what with insufferable MCs, plotholes, and characters missing.

>Don' forget Kilik getting cucked despite all the chemistry he and Xianghua had

Actually it's the other way around. Xianghua's husband is the one that got cucked. Still, that was a pretty stupid decision. Their relationship was building up over the games and suddenly he leaves her after finally getting together off screen. And she proceeds to get married to a literal who and have two kids with him. At least Kilik managed to impregnate her.

>Meimei
>maymay
>meme

>I post fedora macros on a chinese cartoon jaypeg poster

>Raised outside by her grandfather and Edgemaster
>neither parent is royalty anyway
So what was the "You meet all sorts of interesting people outside the palace"

>I think SCV is a bad game

Somehow I never cared about the non jap asian characters.

>>HUMAN

>Insults humanity
>Needs human body
What did he mean by this?

>tfw no SCVI

>ROCK
>White Giant
>5'9"

Tall in those days

More like SCVI wll never exist on ANY console lel
If they really cared about making a sequel, they'd have done it by now.

Just wait, user.

SC6 will have marriage mechanics in Chronicles of the Sword mode.

>sfxt
>tekken tag 2
>helped with smash 4
>pokken
>tekken 7

idk man namco's been pretty busy these last few years desu

The hatred towards Soul Calibur III in my opinion was due to it being an "exclusive" PS2 Title. There were petitions from the Nintendo/Gamecube and Microsoft/Xbox Fanbases (in that time-period) to port SCIII over to the rival consoles, but, fell on deaf ears since NAMCO had no intention to do so.

>even her SC3 ending has her getting beaten up by Yunseong most of the time

user. That's because you suck the Quick-Time Events.

youtube.com/watch?v=hM_K2Qphcjk

>and then in IV it happens again during YS's endings and it doesn't even show her fight with YS that was about to happen in her ending

Yun-Seung was possessed by Soul Edge, who choked Seung-Mina into submission until Yun-Seung regained control himself.

He was indicating that he is of a objectively higher level than the human race

He merely uses a human form as a vessel.
>Still needs a human body
>Still gets wrecked by humans

I know you can beat him, but most people get it will end up having her lose or failing that sequence the first time.

And she still lost in IV even if he was posessed, ys doesn't even realise how badly he's kicked the crap out of her

>sfxt
That had nothing to do with namco

Well then txsf

I once tried to cum listening to isabella Valentine Erotic Hypnosis.

My friends are either into different fighting games or not at all, where does someone in aus find people to play Soul Calibur with?

>tfw SO5 is irredeemable garbage
>tfw Sc6 will never happen

We said the same shit about 4, and look what happened.

Before that, people said the same thing about 3.

Die.

Who said that about 3 besides the wannabe tourney retards at 8wayrun and shoryuken?

What on earth is that, just clips of her voice again and again?

4 even said it was the final battle on the back of the box

Did Kilik and Leixia have any special dialogue in SCV? Don't remember but it feels like a missed opportunity if they didn't.

Also did Siegfried and Hilde ever fug?

yfw SCVI is on NX and it features not only the return of Link, but Marth & Pit as guest characters.

Seigfried has Salia lusting after his dick.

Kilik says "You look like her" That's it.
And not as far as I know, but they do stay kinda buddy buddy over the 17 years

>Viola best girl
Viola fucking worst girl, ruined SCV

FUCK YOU FAGGOT FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU WITH THAT SHIT. YOU POST THIS SHIT IN EVERY SOUL CALIBUR THREAD. FUCK YOU! SCV IS SHIT ABSOLUTE SHIT AND THE GAME THAT KILLED THE FRANCHISE YOU PLEB YOU SHITTER YOU CASUAL. SCV SUCKS DICK IT'S THE WORST SOUL CALIBUR GAME AND THE REASON THAT THERE WILL NEVER BA SC6. CHOKE ON PATROKLOS INCEST DICK YOU STUPID FAGGOT! SCV SUUUUUUUUUUCKS!

I didn't particularly like SCV but you probably ought to calm down, you're sperging out even more than they do.

SC5 was easy the best game in the series, you casual shitter.

posting best girl

>Not a cap of her "For our homeland!"
It's shit.

If it was easily the best game in the series you wouldn't have to keep trying to convince people so.

i'll get to it later

if there's a SC6, i hope they go the Tekken route and have everyone speaking their native languages

They need to bring back SC with everything that made SC the GOAT of the series.

Also, splitting Nightmare from Siggy was the worst thing they could have done.

Leixia would be far less obnoxious that way, so she'd lose her main appeal to me.
Also Cassandra's sass would lose something when it has to be translated into Greek then again into English

Nope it's shit.
Adding gauges to a fighting game doesn't make it automatically good you casual pleb shitter.

>best girl
>not angol fear
I refuse to believe anyone can have such shit taste.

>Path has an obstacle in it

So you're a she-naruto fag.

Thanks for reminding me that the modeling work for SCIV was fucking awful.

Am I the only one who misses the CAC combat styles/jobs from 3? Sure they were generally inferior to main character styles, but some of them could be fun as hell to use.

Your suggestions for features kind of sound like elements that were in Mortal Kombat 8 to some extent or another.

And I'd totally play the shit out of a Soul Calibur that was like that.

Fuck you cots was awsome

Pure fucking sex

I used to have consistent wet dreams involving her

i wish it was 2008 again :(

You should go back there.

fuck soul calibur 6 they should make soul blade 2 and bring back all the old popular characters

A Keroro Gunsou character doesn't count.

Nope, its the best game in the series
Adding deep and refined mechanics, limiting shitty guest characters and focusing on gameplay over shitty single player that no one cares about makes it the best game in the series.
You casual shitter.

This, it's precisely why the online and offline cumminty is still so active, because it's far deeper and richer in gameplay.

>Shitty guest characters
Grow up you big crybaby, the guest characters were GOAT
SC5 has 3 shitty 'copy' characters and a shitty Harada self insert
I'll take Link, Vader etc. over 3 shitty copy characters and that shitty Devil Jin Harada self insert anyday
>focusing on gameplay
Pick random character, grapple, grapple, grapple, grapple till opponent is defeated. SCV had the worst combat system ever. No depth, just spam the grab moves.
>online and offline cumminty is still so active
Nope SC5 is beyond dead. Nobody plays it anymore. SC5 is even being sold for 20 bucks together with tekken tag tournament 2 and nobody buys that bundle. SCV killed the franchise but it didn't sell well otherwise we would already have Soul Calibur 6.

>help I can't throw break I'm retarded
Throws are literally the one thing that has always had the same mechanics in every game. It's no better or worse than it has ever been.

>Deep and refined
>GIs are now more worthless than ever

>single player nobody cares about
ctrl+f shows you're wrong there

>Nope SC5 is beyond dead.
Your post is all sorts of fucked up, but anyway, I was mocking that loser, he's just some autist who refuses to give up.

You're not alone at all bretheren. I fucking loved SC3 and still play it to this day. Granted, I know the balancing is awful, but the rest of the game is packed with so much content and heart that it's just fantastic to play. Emulates excellently as well.

Do you get anything for winning the 12 tournaments/leagues in a row?

I've won all my matches in SCV against CPU & human players just by spamming the throw moves. That is not depth. That is shit.
The game is dead and empty because it is shit. You low life loser fanboy can't accept that. The lobbies are empty and "tournaments" are for cock sucking fedora tipping overweight faggots with no skill.

Looks like cell shading

>The game is dead and empty because it is shit.
Yeah re-read my post you daft cunt.

Wouldn't know. Why do you ask?

In that case you either haven't done LS, or fought any good human players

Indeed my friend, MMJCelshader makes the game look surprisingly modern for it's age, over a decade old now.

Pic related is a comparison, bottom being celshaded. It's subtle, but I think it looks really neat.

What was the best single player mode and why was it Weapon Master?

>Siegfried and Nightmare facing off anywhere that isn't the Forsaken Sanctuary stage

The game is just shit and the worst of the entire franchise just admit that already. I'm getting tired having to correct retards who defend Shit Incestcalibur 5. If there will ever be a SC6 (i highly doubt that) it better not be anything like SC5 or i'm not buying it.

Tales of Souls.

I gotcha senpai, I gotcha.

My favourite was 3, but that doesn't stop what you said from being wrong

I liked SCIV!

Also, the celshader kind of butchers the skybox, so here's a non-altered version for you senpai. And if anyone wants me to take any screenshots of specific characters/stages just let me know.

The story mode was a let-down, it was a little slow, linking equipment to stats was a mistake, and Mina and Rock didn't get their much needed buffs but apart from that I enjoyed it.

Oh yeah, and Soul Calibur Broken Destiny on PPSSPP looks really amazing in higher resolution, especially for a handheld from 2004. it's very easy to emulate just like SC3.

>No friends to play Soul Calibur with.

I also enjoyed SC4. Sunk an almost unreasonable amount of time into that game, then started sinking even more once a friend of mine started getting into it.

>Get to lvl 9 with everyone, lvl 20 online, all the treasures and achievements.
>Ps3 ylods

>Why did they ever change that?
>SCV story was fucking retarded.

>implying individual "stories" of past SCs were better
That was literally the only thing that SCV did right. One mediocre story is still far better than 800 godawful ones.

>still have a group of 4 I play SCV with weekly
Life is good.

Give me your friends

I liked it too but was really disappointed to see the team battle mode from SC1 still not coming back, it was my favorite mode and it's not like it's fucking hard to implement in the game.

Also I fucking hate Yoda and that gary stu apprentice faggot, what the hell was Namco thinking?

no it isn't, because most characters would get little to no screentime, like Maxi's troupe did, so you'd have nothing to go on except for the two-three battles they have specific versus quotes with.

They even put a trailer for force unleashed in it which I'd forgotten about until just now.

I do miss team battles though, it's good fun to go 8 randoms against a friend and hope you get mains and they get characters they never touch like Voldo or Maxi

>tfw no irl friends to play fightans with

This has to be bait, no one can be this retarded.

>Viola
>not Xianghua
Opinion disregarded.

If you're in aus idc if you're a mishapen autist or a wog, I'll play with you. Also I just got a capthca that asked for houses but gave me an image of the black mox of mecca, what teh fuck.

>tfw I stomp the shit out of all my friends at SC they get mad and stop playing with me, complain that all my mains are simply OP
>tfw whenever I go online I get bodied by some faggot voldo style with a giant furry cock
>tfw nobody to play soul calibur with

>limiting guard impacts

Why the fuck even? The most fun I've had in SC was having insane parry duels.

>SCIV is one of the shittiest most broken games games in the series, yet manages to retian a comp scene
>SCV Fixes many of the problems in SCIV and is dead on arrival because of roster fags
This and SFV convinced me that a competitive game cannot get popular on mechanics alone

it sucks being a fan of fighting games and having no one to play offline with
online can only do so much

I'm a yuropoor sadly.

I think google is try to culturally enrich you

It's truly an horrible feel, all of my old friends were either LoL addicts or would just play AAA garbage.

No you don't. I know because I did this shit ten years ago. the tournament thing was fucking awesome.

speaking of which, anyone got an SC3AE (aRCADE EDITION) iso? I'm too retarded to follow the guide.

CotS or Conquest (SC2 Arcade)

This thread depresses me. I was seven when I first played Soul Blade. It made me realize how fun it was playing videogames back then and now I'm just playing to capture that feel again.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yxrpyv8SNS4

The intro still feels as good now as then though.

I don't know how the intros got so shit for IV and V
when they used to be so great

>friend and I both bought SCV to play against each other with
>friend is a salty bitch who drops everything when he can't win, so the moment I start going on a winstreak against him, he stops playing the game altogether
>this was on the first week or two of the game

And so, while I still own my PS3 copy of SCV, I've hardly ever touched it since.

Broken Destiny was GOAT and the rest were shit

I have to show up some time

Oh fuck yes, plus it emulates amazingly well even at the highest render resolution. Pic related, compares native res (480p on PSP) to 10x res. And it still runs at a perfect 60fps. It's so crazy to me that this is a game created for a 2004 handheld. Goddamn wizardry man.

I was taking the piss, it's the only Soul Calibur game I've played but I still like it.

Xianghua has the best butt in the entire series.

I don't even main her and I agree.

youtube.com/watch?v=nlXhpjmaMWs

So we all agree that Soul Blade had the best OST right?

>port SC2 to other consoles
>But refuse to make a WiiU port because "reasons".

I still hate those faggots at bameco.

twitter.com/soulcalibur atleast some intern remembers soul calibur

I wonder if they ever did, would there be complaints about SC2 because link isnt as good as they thought?

>But refuse to make a WiiU port because "reasons".
Isn't Wii U being dead reason enough?

Do you even know what a combo is? The SC2 video is literally what the person you're trying to contradict said. 2 - 3 hits, often with a throw the other person failed to tech or a ground hit they took to long to stand up against at the end.

They just gave some shitty excuse saying that the userbase isn't enough and there isn't any demand for the damn game.

But the damn game have fucking Link.

>>But the damn game have fucking Link.
Why is Link being there so important?

honestly I wish they'd stop using guest characters all together

besides no one can ever top Ezio as a guest anyway

Not so fast.
youtube.com/watch?v=xstaYldOOHU

>Why is Link being there so important?
Don't underestimate the autism of Nintendo fanboys. They've clung to Melee for 20 years. They'll cling to any game with their favorite Nintendo characters in it.

I think that what he's saying is that having Link would have given it higher demand than its counterparts because he's such a popular guest comparatively.

This is way back in 2013, before PS4 had some steam and the console had a massive drought of games at time.
Pretty much, link alone could spark some interest on the game.

They pretty much just gave some shitty excuse.

in My opinion its because TTT2 sold like shit on Wii u so they thought fight game fags dont buy wii us

I played SCIV first and always thought this song was crap until I bought SC3 and heard it there for the first time

>immature gary stu incestuous brat story is better
Nah. I missed individual stories.

Siegfied was 5'2" in Soul Edge (they kept increasing his height until he's 5'8" in V)

It was fun getting several guard impact sequences until someone finally landed a hit.

It's an excellent game, although I certainly wish it wasn't so offense-oriented. I prefer the style of SC1/2/3 where gauges and specials weren't a thing, but I understand that they wanted to deepen the mechanics.

I mean, it's understandable from SB to SC since he was 16 in the first game. He was still growing.

The 2in he grew from IV to V are a mystery though.

do you find it that hard to hit back?

Siegfried just gets better as he ages.

Plus it stops you from doing a LoZ fight with an Algol

or you could just stop and throw

we are talking about player fights right?

The LoZ one isn't just about winning, it's like trying to do a pokemon battle in smash, or a rock paper scissors fight with honkers in doa5

Honestly, yes. I've played countless hours of Soul Calibur 3 and yet I'm still pretty scrubby. I think it's because I haven't really played any other fighting game, so I don't have that foundation. Soul Calibur and Project M are my two favorites since they're very accessible (and also fantastic.)

And get throw broken and go back to neutral.
Getting a potential combo is way better than a 50/50 40-50 damage single action that puts you back in neutral. You're retarded if you think throws are worth shit against players.

>pokemon battle in smash, or a rock paper scissors fight with honkers in doa5

its a good thing they changed GI in SCV for the better

not as spammy but far more useful in turning the tides

atleast play with other people who are good before you say that

>SCV had the worst combat system ever. No depth, just spam the grab moves.

My sides!
Could you be anymore of a casual baby

>GIs
>more useful in V
Funny post, user

>Full body GIs that stop mix ups, that the only thing the opponent can do to not get hit is spending an equal amount of meter to stop your attack that may not even work

>not more useful

>Grabs overpowered
>When every character can duck under them
>When you can tech throws
>When 90% of the roster has a fucking sword or long ranged weapon to stop you from gettin into grab range in the first place
You're just shit user.

>GIs are more useful because they're more risky for your opponent

Sophitia´s voice actress from SCII seems to only have done that too.

Welldone champ, you made it.

THIS is the kind of person who thinks SCV is a bad game.

You make an excellent point my friend.

I mean, he's right in that GIs, themselves, are more powerful than before. They're basically Guilty Gear Blitz Shields now, block all heights, have a bigger active window, and give larger openings.

The problem is that 1. meter is usually far too valuable for your offense to waste on a read, and 2. JG completely outstrips all its utility by still blocking all damage but also allowing you to attack while the enemy is still in animation, giving you a CH and not letting them retaliate.

>JG
with about half amount of frames to do

most people dont even use JG unless the string is definitely gonna happen like Pyrrha's 66bBE

This image is both accurate and never fails to weed out the casual shitters.

Caught one!

I hope for this to happen to my goddess.

SAUUCE!

>Nightmare will never again have his SC2 moveset that I loved, and I'll always have my nigga's moves spread out across Nightmare and Siegfried in every subsequent game.
Fucking KILL me.

Anyway, who Tira here?

>I cant tech throws and got my shit pushed in online so the game sucks
LMAO

do you have like Giant boners for Harley quinn or something

Stop avatar fagging and go fuck your sister already patroklos.

Like I need another cel shaded fighter to fucking exist. No thank you

No, Harley's fairly boring. I prefer Killer Frost for my DC Villainesses.

Honestly, Nightmare's moveset is in a pretty good place in V. Weighty fast shit. Siegfried was doing better in IV but he's still pretty decent. I felt bitter about their parting in 3 only, but their movesets have grown into their own now enough that I don't mind it anymore.

I liked green and purple tira better.

Yeah, I really disliked her transition from three to four and five

I'm sure his moveset is good, but it's not the one I like or want.

I like the weighty, heavy attacks of Sieg but with Nightmare's faster claw-type attacks. But Sieg doesn't have the latter, and Nightmare doesn't have the former.

This will always be my favorite Nightmare design. He got way too demonic in the later games, but I'm glad SCV did go back to more this level of corruption even if he does have that retarded voice still.

Well V is just a cutscene showing the canonical end to IV

>that GS B x3 string
>that GS K BE pseudo infinite
>that 6 B interrupt into combo
>that 66 B bait into CE
Ragequits all around.

Post OSTs :

youtube.com/watch?v=-EHYGqwVspM

youtube.com/watch?v=NFfluBYzrrk

youtube.com/watch?v=PWRhT7TOvMU

I unironically think II was a far better game than III, IV, or V.

Spawn was a cool bonus character.

Wait, what's even the point of GI if JG is better? With GI, the opponent can just do it right back to you, right? I guess JG has a smaller frame window but it really makes GI seem useless.

Is this supposed to shock an offend people?

It sucks, but hey, at least they didn't completely remove the characters for no reason at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=ncl6h46EpuY
youtube.com/watch?v=9MT6aCfTksg

Only tracks from SCV that belong alongside the older games' OSTs t.b.h.

My nigga

GI is there to deal with mixups

and not every opponent can always GI right back if they dont have meter

and the JG is SO tiny its hard to do efficiently

to bring JG consistency to GI levels, would be like asking Alpha pat mains to constantly get their inputs right 100%

Uhh yes this is an opinion I share as well. Not really a shocking statement since usually people say SC2 or SCV is the best one. Although maybe I can understand why you think that considering some of the autstic spergs (or perhaps one really obnoxious one.) here treats people who say anything else other than SCV is the best in every regard.

JGs are harder like you said, but also have no frame or whiff input, so at most they'll hit you whilst you're unguarded, but you're not eactly wide open like you are upon whiffing a GI

That's why GI is almost useless in SC5. JG is already not used or relied on much because it's very easy for the opponent to bait you into trying to use them and make you lose openings. And you literally lose nothing by doing JGs, since it's just a guard unless you get it, while it's still just as easy to get baited with GIs but you lose 25% meter and leave yourself wide open. It's a raw deal.

Clearly they need to bring the Just Impact back.

i got into the series because it had link in sc2 desu
though he's garbage and i didnt use him much

>14 hours ago
>last reply 1 and a half ago
How's this thread still up?

Thank you based Soulbros for the information.

Cred Forums was dead

Cred Forums died, could not make any posts.

Natsu is great

I can vouche for these two anons, I tried desperately to thank the anons that gave me advice, with no luck. I fear that some of them may have left the thread and become unthanked, which would be immensely dishonorable on my part.

I hope if they bring back Zas in SCVI (they should be- he was in the top 10 in the popularity poll) they incorporate Abyss's unique moves into his moveset. Not just the flashy ones like Void Nova or Cosmic Embryo but also the cool useful ones like 3 A K B and the quake 2 B+K.

Oh fuck yes, Zasalasmell had a fantastic moveset, I loved his rising vertical so much. His story was also really interesting, apparently he was immortal and desired the Soul Edge solely to kill himself? I may have butchered that analysis, but it was something unique along those lines.

who wind here

yo

did this shit have an actual story?

i remember sc2 had weird narration that i had no fucking idea what the dude was talking about, just something about a weird sword with some cinematic once you kill the last fire boss

That's not how you use communion catalysts

Natsu only came into her own in the PXZ series.

It had an extensive story that built on itself for like 5 games dude, not the best one but whatever

Still baffle they made Lost Souls instead of Ultra Soul Calibur V.

>wasted slots
that's not how it works

No much, but I will make sure to learn her well, if she comes back.

He already got Soul Edge once and did kill himself. Didn't stick.

Zas has the kind of immortality that has you reincarnate after you die. The kick being that the interim time between resurrections was excruciating pain, and it seems after every death it got longer and more intense, so he was fed up and wanted to just die peacefully.
He thinks using both Soul Calibur and Soul Edge would do the trick, together. In the end, he didn't go through with it for two reasons: one, it wouldn't have actually killed him, but warped him into Abyss, as it happens in most characters' generic endings. Two, at the eleventh hour as he was casting the ritual he saw a vision of the future: they kind of pull out of their ass all of a sudden that he just sees visions of the future now, don't ask. He saw specifically our time, and all the kickass shit we've got, and now wanted to actually live to see it, and had a reason to live for the first time in centuries. This makes him stop being villainous in IV altogether, though he's still a huge dick.

youtube.com/watch?v=2a9f0U8mkqM
youtube.com/watch?v=ssbXlqSQ1AY
And of course, the one and only
youtube.com/watch?v=cCW-pmlxLUk
>tfw they dropped the destined battle theme in IV and V

Well fuck, that's a kickass summary. I'm learning both gameplay tips and interesting lore in this thread.

And now hes stuck in Madagascar

Alright, now I have an intense craving to photoshop Zasalamel onto the cover of the Dreamwork's movie Madagascar.

>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who can't do just frame Manji Carve Fist, Geo Da Ray and Calamity Symphony consistently

Is there actually going to be SCVI?
Any idea when and such?

after T7

>It's the Soul Calibur franchise's 20th Anniversary, they're definitely going to announce SCVI this year!
>They're going to announce it at SDCC!
Nope.
>They're going to announce it at Gamescom!
Nope.
>They're going to announce it at TGS!
LOL, nope.

All we've gotten is some shit character popularity polls and random posts on SC's facebook page.

>totally accurate romani

Exactly, completely agreed. And the saddest thing is, Bandai Namco released Rise Of Incarnates in July of last year. They spent a massive amount of money developing the game, only to say "eh, fuck it, let's delete the game like it never even existed" less than one year later.

Seriously, it makes no sense at all to me. Were the servers that damn expensive? Couldn't they just go with P2P? But more importantly, why the fuck did they create a Gundam Vs clone from scratch for PC, when they could have easily simply ported Soul Calibur V to PC instead and reaped in so much more profit?

I just don't understand how Namco could throw away hundreds of thousands of dollars in development costs by saying "whelp, time to scrap Rise of Incarnates, no one will be able to play it anymore and the $500k we spent on it goes straight in the trash."

ARTBOOK WHERE

Bull fucking shit. SC3 was where the series peaked and was easily the best in the series. SC4 was a rehash of 3, and V was a fucking disgrace.

Has it really been almost 5 years since SCV? Why is Bamco doing this?

You're not speaking on the same level at all. The single player content, the flavor of the game, the fluff, its soul, paints the image you're presenting. The multi player content, the meat of the game, the crunch, its heart, plays out as the copypasta says.

>SC3 was where the series peaked and was easily the best in the series.
Alright, before you guys jump on this guy and murder him and his family, hear me out - yes, the balance was awful, and yes balance is critical to a fighting game. But the stages were some of the absolute best, the new characters were fantastic, the single-player mode was arguably the best in the entire series, the create-a-character was mint, and overall the game had a huge amount of heart poured into it.

So yes, it's a "bad" game, but I still consider it a fantastic game. I know that might not make sense but I love the fuck out of Soul Calibur 3 like it was my own child. My own down-syndrome child that I protect from this cruel world.

>The single player content, the flavor of the game, the fluff, its soul, paints the image you're presenting. The multi player content, the meat of the game, the crunch, its heart, plays out as the copypasta says.
Well shit, you explained it perfectly before I was even able to post my response. Was not expecting that at all, props user, you understood what I was trying to say without me even saying it.

Bamco has always treated the Soul Calibur series like its red-headed stepchild (especially when compared to Tekken), even though the games sold well and were popular in NA and Europe.

I've always guessed that the main reason is because the arcade versions of SC have done poorly in Japan.

I'm just a sad poster tired of shitflinging, user. Glad to have been in this thread, cool images. Hope by this time next year we'll have broken out of this dreary nothing the series has been sunk into for so long.

I pray for that to be the case. Cheers user, to a new chapter in the Soul Calibur legacy.

>tfw all your friends whine your main is OP
is Lizardman OP in SCV?

Lizardman is in mid tier

did not stop him from making it pretty high in tournaments

I thought so, guess I'm just too good. Lizardman for life.

Does Edge Master in SC5 have any different stats or hitboxes or something? I could swear he feels different to play than any of the other default characters.

I wish they added this character back. Charade had a cool design especially over the other mimic characters and if ever he is added back I hope he actually has a unique play style. Cause last thing we need is more mimic characters.

Hes a max size character, and has more reach

So more reach but easier to hit? No speed increases or anything, right?

nope

just more reach for some characters

character that are already size 5 like Astraroth have no chances

and having an extra move in Xiba's style

Honestly liked SCV hope SCVI improves it.

his design is perfect for a mimic, bring him back, make him the ONLY mimic, and give him a unique super.

I'm still mad they scrapped that game, it was the only way I could get my normie friends to play gundam versus with me.